Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Chihayafuru
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 13, 2019 10:24 AM

Oct 2019
60+ 1/10 votes now.. feel like crying right about now.. we worked so hard for this good score and it gets ruined in a couple hours
Nov 13, 2019 10:47 AM

Mar 2018
Meusnier said:
Linaeris said:

If they don't then why not get rid of them?
Or at least for the time when a show is "currently airing" it would not have rating published.

@Esquirtit Direct impact on getting seasons in the future - most likely not; indirect - I wouldn't be so sure

It has impact, at least on future watchers, since I rarely pick up show below 6 and for sure, I checked most of top 10-20 in terms of average and popularity. My first anime as a grown up was Death Note, and I think that this is not by chance...

Then I heard that only blu-ray sells matter for the future adaptations, but I wonder if critical success is taken in account or not in the sense that it might also improve future manga sells.

@Linaeris

Yeah the fact that anime get made to improve manga sales. That seems to be the case here and why it took so long for a new season to be made. Still a lot of potential in this franchise.

Anyway, sure, MAL scores help encourage new fans to get into series. My point was more how dumb it is to put fandoms against each other because of a few people fucking with 1/10 scores. Especially when you look at how they work.
EsquirtitNov 13, 2019 10:52 AM
poop
Nov 13, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2019
94 1/10 votes.. I think I feel physically sick
Nov 13, 2019 12:01 PM
Jan 2019
thepath said:
I like both Vinland Saga vs Chihayafuru

But Vinland Saga is top anime for me in this season.
i mean its obvious that vinland saga is better (one of the best manga ever) and to be honest i found chihayafuru boring sorry
Nov 13, 2019 12:05 PM

Oct 2019
ayalazhar08 said:
thepath said:

i mean its obvious that vinland saga is better (one of the best manga ever) and to be honest i found chihayafuru boring sorry

if thats the case then.. umm why are you here? just asking
Nov 13, 2019 12:25 PM

Jun 2015
So it went from 30 1/10 to over 120 in a matter of 1-2 hours (and probably by 1 guy considering they all look the same). Interesting.

Either way I think making threads like this only makes things worse. Perhaps someone read this and thought doing this could be funny.
Nov 13, 2019 12:41 PM

Sep 2011
I think it might be a valuable experience for moderators as I am pretty sure they will not let this matter unattended unless things here have changed drastically in the last half of a year.
Nov 13, 2019 12:42 PM

Feb 2015
Fanboys of shounen /seinen have been getting progressively worse and act exactly as you'd expect them to. Though fanboys in general and of any given genre are just about equally as stupid and irritating as the aforementioned. At least for series like Vinland Saga and AOT, while I do like them and recognize they're really good, they're not half as good or even close to being the world enders their fans like to pretend they are. A lot of those kinds of series and their fans confuse hype with quality.

As for shows like S;G, HxH, and FMA:B, they are exactly as good as their fanboys like to say. Though, I can't say I ever saw them being as toxic, at least back when they were airing, as the AOT, and Vinland Saga fanboys are today, I don't doubt it.

How pathetic you have to be to falsely rate series you've not watched because they're "competing" with a series you like is beyond me. Can't say I'm surprised that's a thing. Especially since shows like AOT are definitely getting bot upvotes. MAL votes have always been a joke and will continue to be so. Especially since anime fans have been getting progressively stupider with each year. And especially since there's no balancing or removing of troll accounts.

Vinland Saga and AOT have more "hype" and attention than Chihayafuru, though I'd be hardpressed to say they're "objectively better". I wouldn't have that issue with FMA:B, or S;G though.
Nov 13, 2019 1:05 PM

Dec 2014
Yautja said:
At least for series like Vinland Saga and AOT, while I do like them and recognize they're really good, they're not half as good or even close to being the world enders their fans like to pretend they are. A lot of those kinds of series and their fans confuse hype with quality.

With the significant difference of Vinland Saga solely being "hyped" because the manga has already established itself as one of the greats in its now 14 years span of being published whereas AoT has only seen one extremely sudden hype which already died down only shortly after the first season ended. Putting those two into a comparison is really uniftting, aside from the obvious quality difference in writing, Vinland Saga isn't even nearly as hyped as you make it out to be and won't come close to the hype AoT has gotten with its first season or even its third, sure it's popular but considering how stale everything else in that season is makes me wonder how it's not even top 3 in terms of popularity while cookie cutter stuff like DanMachi season 2 is still more popular, but that's the western anime community I guess.

HiroM_Nov 13, 2019 1:10 PM
Nov 13, 2019 1:14 PM

Oct 2017
I doubt 121 people hate-voted this series with such similar looking accounts. If MAL finds the user responsible for these identical accounts trying to distort user scores I hope they'll bring down the ban hammer.
Nov 13, 2019 1:18 PM

Mar 2018
HiroM_ said:
Yautja said:
At least for series like Vinland Saga and AOT, while I do like them and recognize they're really good, they're not half as good or even close to being the world enders their fans like to pretend they are. A lot of those kinds of series and their fans confuse hype with quality.

With the significant difference of Vinland Saga solely being "hyped" because the manga has already established itself as one of the greats in its now 14 years span of being published whereas AoT has only seen one extremely sudden hype which already died down only shortly after the first season ended. Putting those two into a comparison is really uniftting, aside from the obvious quality difference in writing, Vinland Saga isn't even nearly as hyped as you make it out to be and won't come close to the hype AoT has gotten with its first season or even its third, sure it's popular but considering how stale everything else in that season is makes me wonder how it's not even top 3 in terms of popularity while cookie cutter stuff like DanMachi season 2 is still more popular, but that's the western anime community I guess.

No you just confuse hype with quality. You're not nearly as objective towards art as me

poop
Nov 13, 2019 1:20 PM
Dec 2014
WTF !! It dropped hard can you please leave us alone and let us enjoy our show !! I fu**ing hate MAL Chihayafuru doesn’t deserve this
H-X-HNov 13, 2019 1:24 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2019 1:23 PM

Dec 2014
Dolabella said:
I doubt 121 people hate-voted this series with such similar looking accounts. If MAL finds the user responsible for these identical accounts trying to distort user scores I hope they'll bring down the ban hammer.

I think they actually said they stopped banning accounts for that a few weeks or maybe already months ago, don't quote me on that though.

Esquirtit said:
HiroM_ said:

No you just confuse hype with quality. You're not nearly as objective towards art as me

True. I hope someday I'll also find the enlightment that finally lets me judge art objectively.
HiroM_Nov 13, 2019 1:30 PM
Nov 13, 2019 1:25 PM

Mar 2018
H-X-H said:
WTF !! It dropped hard can you please leave us enjoy our show !! I fu**ing hate MAL

Y'all deserve it for blaming the VS fandom when the vast majority of downvoters gave stuff like Demon Slayer, MHA and SAO 10/10's and not VS.

Paint a false narrative and get hit son!!!
poop
Nov 13, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2015
HiroM_ said:
Yautja said:

Besides Vinland Saga is actually good unlike AoT.

I'd be inclined to believe all of that more if you hadn't rated AOT 4/10. I've got some pretty hot takes myself, but ReZero, AOT, KnY, UBW, Clannad, Monogatari, Akatsuki no Yona, AnoHana and NGNL all being rated at or below 5 are pretty scalding. Opinions and all I get, one or two I'd get, but all of that to me seems pretty stunning.

Anime wise, AOT is just as good because of the mediocre animation Vinland Saga has been subject to. Otherwise, I'd say Vinland Saga is plainly better.
The hype that both anime are having are equally unreasonable, both received insane hype at the start of their anime. You may not remember it, but I sure do, AOT had insane hype during it's initial anime release and again during this latest one. It also had pretty insane hype purely as a manga. You also seem to forget, AOT has been running for 10 years, quite successfully too. 4 years isn't that big of a difference. As for Vinland Saga, it sure is pretty hyped, people all over MAL and Reddit were touting it as the AOT killer, and continue to do so.

And since you seem to take issue with the words "quality" and "objectivity", I wasn't speaking on just art, and no one is pretending it's possible to be 100% objective all the time.

While I think what you've said here has got a fair point, and is presented very reasonably, I really don't trust you saying it, given the cursory glance of your AOT rating, among others and you taking issue with the term objectivity.

Anyways, this is all horribly off topic, since this thread is supposed to be about Chihayafuru. I said what I said in reference to Chihayafuru, if you wanna start an AOT vs Vinland Saga flame war, do it elsewhere.
Nov 13, 2019 1:34 PM

Jun 2019
ayalazhar08 said:
thepath said:

Kamikaze found. Chihayafuru is objectively better than everything else it can be compared too except for the shows I rank higher. But Vinland has nothing to do with this show, the introduction until "someone" dies is painfully long, and even the character developments cannot be compared (+50 against 17 action-driven episodes) and the point of the thread was not to compare things which cannot be compared and to establish some pseudo-hierarchy. Have your heard about partial orders?

Anyway, I think that I should apologize to the fans for creating this thread because I feel that I made things worse... Sorry ladies and gentlemen. Now the situation seems to be really out of control.

MeusnierNov 13, 2019 1:37 PM
Nov 13, 2019 1:36 PM

Oct 2018
Esquirtit said:
H-X-H said:
WTF !! It dropped hard can you please leave us enjoy our show !! I fu**ing hate MAL

Y'all deserve it for blaming the VS fandom when the vast majority of downvoters gave stuff like Demon Slayer, MHA and SAO 10/10's and not VS.

I think it's reasonable to blame Vinland Saga fans, since it's so damn obvious the down voters came from them

Like the moment this anime took over 1st place at top airing anime from Vinland Saga, the 1/1 votes jumped from 2x to 120+ in a few hours

Obviously not all the fans are salty about it, it's probably only a few people making several fake accounts, but still
-Aincrad-Nov 13, 2019 1:39 PM
Nov 13, 2019 1:40 PM

Jun 2019
-Aincrad- said:
Esquirtit said:

I think it's safe to blame Vinland Saga fans, since it's so damn obvious the down voters came from them

Like the moment this anime took over 1st place at top airing anime from Vinland Saga, the 1/1 votes jumped from 2x to 120+ in a few hours

Obviously not all the fans are salty about it, it's probably only a few people making several fake accounts, but still

Well, I agree that when I started the thread, I just took the last 1/10 given and this iis not statistically reliable, OK. But why would AoT fans downvote Chihayafuru while it is so far from the +9/10 given to S3 part 2? This seems even less likely... The timing is just too good to be true.

Edit: actually, I see now a tons of 1/10 Chihaya and 10/10 KnY bots, and even one put a comment on my profile...
MeusnierNov 13, 2019 1:44 PM
Nov 13, 2019 1:42 PM

Jun 2015
-Aincrad- said:
Esquirtit said:

I think it's safe to blame Vinland Saga fans, since it's so damn obvious the down voters came from them

It's literally only 1 dude who spent over 2 hours making around 100 accounts. All the accounts look the same, have similar upvotes/downvotes and the last one is called Iwin6969 with some gifs believing he's funny for doing this. It probably started when this thread made it into the most popular section in the general forums.

Blaming another anime's fanbase is always dumb, because it's always just a few kids caring about these things.
Nov 13, 2019 1:46 PM

Oct 2018
Unowen said:
-Aincrad- said:

It's literally only 1 dude who spent over 2 hours making around 100 accounts. All the accounts look the same, have similar upvotes/downvotes and the last one is called Iwin6969 with some gifs believing he's funny for doing this. It probably started when this thread made it into the most popular section in the general forums.

Blaming another anime's fanbase is always dumb, because it's always just a few kids caring about these things.

Well, if they really are from just one person, that's pretty sad.

One must be having an extremely boring life to do something like this.

I mean, I have lots of free time too, and I could easily do this too, but like why the hell would I?
I just can't understand how these people "work"
Nov 13, 2019 1:49 PM

Oct 2019
Unowen said:
-Aincrad- said:

Now that we know who it is the mods can take action and end this tho right?
Nov 13, 2019 1:54 PM

Mar 2018
-Aincrad- said:
Esquirtit said:

I think it's reasonable to blame Vinland Saga fans, since it's so damn obvious the down voters came from them

Perhaps they (tbh maybe even 1 dude) saw this thread and switched to giving other series 10/10s to not harm the reputation of VS, that could be a possibility. Very plausible indeed.

I'm not sure because MHA and Cautious Hero are also getting upvoted. Probably camouflage

This whole thing is so stupid lmao, I'm done

poop
Nov 13, 2019 1:58 PM

Dec 2014
Yautja said:

I'd be inclined to believe all of that more if you hadn't rated AOT 4/10. I've got some pretty hot takes myself, but ReZero, AOT, KnY, UBW, Clannad, Monogatari, Akatsuki no Yona, AnoHana and NGNL all being rated at or below 5 are pretty scalding. Opinions and all I get, one or two I'd get, but all of that to me seems pretty stunning.

I know this is off topic so I just want to say a few things, I'm really not interested in "flame wars" nor did I try to provoke one, but starting an argument with devaluing the statement of somebody else by referring to scores they have given and titling them as "hot takes" makes you in no instance ever to be taken serious especially if you're as blatant about it by referencing my lowest score on an AoT season and ignoring that I gave the first season of AoT a 6. I have reasons for those scores, pretty cohesive ones I might add, or that's what I like to believe.

Yautja said:

As for Vinland Saga, it sure is pretty hyped, people all over MAL and Reddit were touting it as the AOT killer, and continue to do so.

Of course I'm referencing actual numbers that can be measured like the member count on MAL which is obviously not perfect but the closest repesentation of the western interest we can get. Niche communities being loud isn't something new and were always pretty unreliable in representing the overall popularity of something.

Yautja said:

And since you seem to take issue with the words "quality" and "objectivity", I wasn't speaking on just art, and no one is pretending it's possible to be 100% objective all the time.

Yeah, that's my point, I'm convinced there is nothing objective about somebody rating art, so 0% but that is taking the discussion too far out of context so I'll just stop here.
Nov 13, 2019 2:12 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja How can you frame yourself like that when you blatantly state VS fans confuse hype with quality in your first post? Furthermore saying FMA:B and S;G are objectively better. Come on now.

You can't rate art objectively even if you use an objective metric because your own interpretation of art will always be subjective.

Anyway, VS isn't nearly as hyped as AoT and the manga has been praised years before getting an anime adaptation.

I'll just leave now before I'll become MALs no.1 VS fanboy
poop
Nov 13, 2019 2:14 PM

Feb 2015
HiroM_ said:
Yautja said:

I know this is off topic so I just want to say a few things, I'm really not interested in "flame wars" nor did I try to provoke one, but starting an argument with devaluing the statement of somebody else by referring to scores they have given and titling them as "hot takes" makes you in no instance ever to be taken serious especially if you're as blatant about it by referencing my lowest score on an AoT season and ignoring that I gave the first season of AoT a 6. I have reasons for those scores, pretty cohesive ones I might add, or that's what I like to believe.

Yautja said:

As for Vinland Saga, it sure is pretty hyped, people all over MAL and Reddit were touting it as the AOT killer, and continue to do so.

Of course I'm referencing actual numbers that can be measured like the member count on MAL which is obviously not perfect but the closest repesentation of the western interest we can get. Niche communities being loud isn't something new and were always pretty unreliable in representing the overall popularity of something.

Yautja said:

Yeah, that's my point, I'm convinced there is nothing objective about somebody rating art, so 0%.

1: "No u" is what that boils down to. Yea, well if a climate change denier says something reasonable like "The Amazon Forest fires were greatly exaggerated and not nearly as big an issue as they were made out to be" I'd be inclined to listen, until I found out he didn't believe in climate change. The person saying a statement is just as important as the statement being said. I'm going to have a hard time taking anything you say seriously considering either situation.

As for AOT specifically, 4/10 is the average of what you rated each season; cumulatively, you rated the anime 4/10, and it is only 1 score out of those multiple unreasonable scores. You very well may find it consistent or cohesive, but I as long as I can't see them, agree with them or understand them, it will remain as ridiculous as it currently is. I'll also not the incredible irony considering your stance objectivity. There are very, very few, if any, situations where I can see any of those scores being reasonable.

2: That doesn't really change anything as far as I'm concerned. Considering what I originally said and the definitions of the word.

3: Yea, then what's your response to art schools giving out grades? To awards going out to artists? To the values assigned to various pieces of arts? Etc. You also seem to have ignored I said "wasn't speaking on just art", anyways, fiction, writing, art, all can be rated objectively, to a degree, that degree may not be 100%, but it sure as fucking hell isn't 0%. That was on hell of a false dichotomy.

Esquirtit said:
@Yautja How can you frame yourself like that when you blatantly state VS fans confuse hype with quality in your first post? Furthermore saying FMA:B and S;G are objectively better. Come on now.

You can't rate art objectively even if you use an objective metric because your own interpretation of art will always be subjective.

Anyway, VS isn't nearly as hyped as AoT and the manga has been praised years before getting an anime adaptation.

I'll just leave now before I'll become MALs no.1 VS fanboy

I don't exactly know how I'm "framing" myself, and I said what I said about "fanboys" or at least I should have / it should have been clear.
Because I believe they are, why that's the case is a long, out of place, discussion.

Disagree. Schools, awards, auctions, and the like disagree with you simply by their existence. Objectivity is almost never 100%, but that does not make it 0%.

Didn't say that it was. You two inferred that. I said very little on such things.

Too late.
YautjaNov 13, 2019 2:17 PM
Nov 13, 2019 2:24 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Ah, my bad I read this wrong

Vinland Saga and AOT have more "hype" and attention than Chihayafuru, though I'd be hardpressed to say they're "objectively better". I wouldn't have that issue with FMA:B, or S;G though.

You meant FMAB and SG are objectively better than Chihayafuru?

And yeah you said their ''fans'' and not ''fanboys'' confuse hype with quality.

I agree art can be judged objectively to an extent, I didn't mean to imply you said it can be done 100%, just gave my thoughts on it.

No I'm not!

@H-X-H That was just a joke bro
poop
Nov 13, 2019 2:31 PM
Dec 2014
Esquirtit said:

I agree art can be judged objectively to an extent, I didn't mean to imply you said it can be done 100%, just gave my thoughts on it.

No I'm not!

@H-X-H That was just a joke bro

I’m just sad people actually doing something pathetic like this to a beautiful series like Chihayafuru, like don’t drag us with this shit
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2019 2:40 PM

Mar 2018
@H-X-H I get it

@Yautja Tbh reading your responses to @HiroM_ I think you're ridiculous for presenting yourself as if you have more authority than him based on his scores for AoT. I'll just leave it at that, there's no point in arguing when none of us are going to give our thoughts on these series in this thread.
poop
Nov 13, 2019 2:49 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:

No I'm not!

I said I think FMA:B & S;G are definitely better than AOT, Vinland Saga and Chihayafuru, but I'm not sure I think AOT & Vinland Saga are better than Chihayafuru.

Well considering everything I said had the word "fanboy" plastered all over it, and that paragraph was about fanboys, I thought it should be obvious. Clearly not the case.

Well that seemed to be the implication since you said "You can't rate art objectively".

Esquirtit said:

@Yautja Tbh reading your responses to @HiroM_ I think you're ridiculous for presenting yourself as if you have more authority than him based on his scores for AoT. I'll just leave it at that, there's no point in arguing when none of us are going to give our thoughts on these series in this thread.

I didn't, I said I don't trust what he's said considering his scoring. Me saying I don't trust him because of a reason doesn't mean I have more "authority". That's called a non-sequitur. I also listed multiple series.

To copy paste an analogy:
if a climate change denier says something reasonable like "The Amazon Forest fires were greatly exaggerated and not nearly as big an issue as they were made out to be" I'd be inclined to listen, until I found out he didn't believe in climate change. The person saying a statement is just as important as the statement being said.
Nov 13, 2019 2:55 PM

Jun 2015
Yautja said:
I said I think FMA:B & S;G are definitely better than AOT, Vinland Saga and Chihayafuru, but I'm not sure I think AOT & Vinland Saga are better than Chihayafuru.
I don't see why this was any relevant to the topic in hand in the thread, though.

Leaving aside the whole subjectivity vs objectivity debate since it's not relevant here, let's just say you believe FMA:B to be better (doesn't matter the reason) than the downvoted show for instance, would that make the creation of fake accounts for this purpose any less stupid? I don't really think so, so the whole mention to this you gave in your original message was weirdly unnecessary if you ask me.
Nov 13, 2019 3:02 PM

Feb 2015
Unowen said:
Yautja said:
I don't see why this was any relevant to the topic in hand in the thread, though.

Leaving aside the whole subjectivity vs objectivity debate since it's not relevant here, let's just say you believe FMA:B to be better (doesn't matter the reason) than the downvoted show for instance, would that make the creation of fake accounts for this purpose any less stupid? I don't really think so, so the whole mention to this you gave in your original message was weirdly unnecessary if you ask me.

Because the original post mentions Vinland Saga, and the person who started the thread expanded to those series and several other people mentioned them and their opinions on them. This specific quote is also several comments into a back and forth discussion.

That it so not even close to any of what I've said, and if you actually read my original message, you'd have noticed I said "How pathetic you have to be to falsely rate series you've not watched because they're "competing" with a series you like is beyond me. "

It seems like you're reading a multi comment thread and just replying to the latest one.
Nov 13, 2019 3:14 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Well what I said is called a hyperbole.

I said you can't rate art objectively, because well, you can't. You mentioned professionals, but they also always have deviating scores. That's where subjectivity comes in even if you use the same objective metric.
poop
Nov 13, 2019 3:19 PM

Jun 2015
Yautja said:
Unowen said:

Because the original post mentions Vinland Saga, and the person who started the thread expanded to those series and several other people mentioned them and their opinions on them. This specific quote is also several comments into a back and forth discussion.

That it so not even close to any of what I've said, and if you actually read my original message, you'd have noticed I said "How pathetic you have to be to falsely rate series you've not watched because they're "competing" with a series you like is beyond me. "

It seems like you're reading a multi comment thread and just replying to the latest one.
I was referring to your very first post in this thread (even though I quoted a later one), where you indeed said that but also introduced the "objectively better" thing into the discussion and I believe nobody else said anything of the sort before in the thread. I just found that last paragraph out of place, but whatever.
Nov 13, 2019 3:23 PM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
This kind of bullshit has been happening since fkin MAL decided to not ban its troll accounts. Anime with relatively small fanbase such as LoGH, Gintama and even Sangatsu no Lion's scores have taken a dip. To be honest, I am a huge fan of Vinland Saga, more so than Chihayafuru but I really have to admit that the fanbase is cancerous af, almost as cancerous as Kimetsu no Yaiba's fanbase.
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 13, 2019 3:29 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Well what I said is called a hyperbole.

I said you can't rate art objectively, because well, you can't. You mentioned professionals, but they also always have deviating scores. That's where subjectivity comes in even if you use the same objective metric.

Hyperbole are suppose to be obviously exaggerated, what you said, imo, seemed more like an opinion or statement of fact.

"You can't rate art objectively even if you use an objective metric because your own interpretation of art will always be subjective."

I don't see hyperbole, exaggeration, or joking there.

"I said you can't rate art objectively, because well, you can't. "

I definitely don't see it here.

I didn't specify just professionals, and even if I did, that doesn't really change anything. There is a degree of objectivity. Either way, you seem inconsistent and to be reiterating some of what I've said as if I didn't say it.

Unowen said:
Yautja said:

I was referring to your very first post in this thread (even though I quoted a later one), where you indeed said that but also introduced the "objectively better" thing into the discussion and I believe nobody else said anything of the sort before in the thread. I just found that last paragraph out of place, but whatever.

Other people are giving their opinions on the shows themselves as well as the general stupidity this thread was made in reference to. Anyways, a sentence or two in a multiparagraph comment being slightly off topic is whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Nov 13, 2019 3:40 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja Hyperbole was in regards to this, me using the word ''authority''

I didn't, I said I don't trust what he's said considering his scoring. Me saying I don't trust him because of a reason doesn't mean I have more "authority". That's called a non-sequitur. I also listed multiple series.

if a climate change denier says something reasonable like "The Amazon Forest fires were greatly exaggerated and not nearly as big an issue as they were made out to be" I'd be inclined to listen, until I found out he didn't believe in climate change. The person saying a statement is just as important as the statement being said.
poop
Nov 13, 2019 4:21 PM

Feb 2015
Esquirtit said:
@Yautja Hyperbole was in regards to this, me using the word ''authority''

In that case, I still don't really see how that's hyperbole. Especially considering Poe's Law.

There doesn't seem to be much exaggeration or joke here to me. But w.e.
Nov 13, 2019 4:28 PM

Mar 2018
@Yautja You did you say were open to discusss his reasons for rating AoT 4/10. If you don't believe I used the word authority to get more reaction out of you w.e. indeed. It was a failure anyway because using it became the topic of discussion.
poop
Nov 13, 2019 4:35 PM
Dec 2014
Can you guys stop discussing other things and do thing about this not ending bleeding !! God lord this is straight up bullying, it’s not funny at all
Nov 13, 2019 4:45 PM

Oct 2019
meanwhile while you are busy trying to get at each others throats.. the score just dropped to 8,39 btw
Nov 13, 2019 4:59 PM

Apr 2017
I'm not aware of this stuff. May I ask if there are also bots when it comes in Character favorites? I kind of curious.
KingushiiNov 13, 2019 5:07 PM
Nov 13, 2019 5:30 PM

Sep 2011
Kingushii said:
I'm not aware of this stuff. May I ask if there are also bots when it comes in Character favorites? I kind of curious.

Probably but to a far lesser extent and kinda hard to track down since on MAL you can't exactly downvote a character as far as I know in contrary to for example anime-planet where it is an option.

As far as a main subject goes I am curious if, when and how the mods will handle the issue. No matter who was responsible, making multiple accounts is not allowed as far as I know and doing it for the sole purpose of influencing the rating is childish and a method like this rather stupid.

Speaking of curiosity I have been wondering if individual scores from anidb also count on MAL as I have seen ratings appearing on score stats without appearing on the list of users scoring below (and it was not the issue of time delay).
LinaerisNov 13, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 13, 2019 5:44 PM
Dec 2014
I don’t really care about MAL’s rating but Man !! Chihayafuru this absolutely l beautiful series deserves more love and respect not this shit. This is frustrating
Nov 13, 2019 5:50 PM

May 2009
Thread locked for not encouraging discussion.

Threads about ranking and/or scores just encourage flame wars between people who liked the show and people who disliked it. They don't promote any kind of actual discussion.

You may also use this thread if you want to talk about overrated/underrated anime.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» If you want to continue with the manga after watching

NiQ1 - Feb 21, 2023

19 by NiQ1 »»
Mar 21, 2:01 AM

» Chihayafuru 4

Kaguyachinchin - Nov 21, 2020

5 by Knighthammer619 »»
Mar 17, 9:43 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2020

148 by tozeos »»
Jan 9, 6:03 AM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

shanimebib - Jan 14, 2020

126 by realfifi »»
Dec 18, 2023 2:21 PM

Poll: » Chihayafuru 3 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 22, 2019

105 by Katsu-kun »»
Aug 15, 2023 4:35 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.