Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 5, 2019 8:52 PM

Sep 2014
do you want to be a rockstar?
have you ever wanted to be a rockstar?

do you envy rockstars?

would endless money, women, and mind alternating substances make you happy?
Nov 5, 2019 8:55 PM

Aug 2014
I used to want to be both a pop singer and famous metal guitarist.

I was in a metal band, orchestras, wind ensembles, a marching band, jazz band, sang at sports events, etc. A girl and I started our own rock band and called it Stairway Club because we'd hang out around the stairs at lunch back in high school...but it was more or less just playing in her bedroom.

Now I'd rather be unknown than famous. Rockstar energy drink is enough for me. :3
Nov 5, 2019 9:01 PM

May 2013
Yeah I'd definitely like to be a rockstar hahah. I've played in a few bands and playing guitar makes me feel like one even if only for a while :)

Let's ride the astral plane and fuck, baby~ jajajaja
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Nov 5, 2019 9:01 PM

Sep 2014
SadMadoka said:

I was in a metal band, orchestras, wind ensembles, a marching band, jazz band, sang at sports events, etc. A girl and I started our own rock band and called it Stairway Club because we'd hang out around the stairs at lunch back in high school...but it was more or less just playing in her bedroom.

Now I'd rather be unknown than famous. Rockstar energy drink is enough for me. :3

whats bad about being famous? and why did you dreams change?
Nov 5, 2019 9:06 PM

Aug 2014
AnimeFreak-San said:
whats bad about being famous? and why did you dreams change?

You lose a lot of freedom and privacy when you're famous, and have to deal with people all the time. I much prefer being able to stay at home and do what I want when I want.

It's not a very realistic dream. Most rock (and metal) musicians don't make a lot of money. Even many of the famous ones aren't exactly rich.
Nov 5, 2019 9:19 PM

Feb 2018
i wanted to be a black metal singer, eat bats, bleed like crazy and shit on the stage full of very kind and friendly people, but the reality is hard.

the closest i've been to being a rockstar is on a drunken night that I'm not proud of
Nov 5, 2019 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
Minerbit said:
i wanted to be a black metal singer, eat bats, bleed like crazy and shit on the stage full of very kind and friendly people, but the reality is hard.

While I'm here, I'll take the opportunity to share a black metal (etc.) playlist I made for someone. Maybe a few people passing by will enjoy it. hehe
Nov 5, 2019 9:28 PM

May 2019
It's not something I aspire to be but if some magical being offered me that life style at the drop of a hat, I'd be crazy to say no. The only thing I wouldn't care for is people bothering me all the time and dealing with the press.
Nov 5, 2019 9:33 PM

May 2013
Freshell said:
It's not something I aspire to be but if some magical being offered me that life style at the drop of a hat, I'd be crazy to say no. The only thing I wouldn't care for is people bothering me all the time and dealing with the press.

Just wait at the crossroads for Satan like Robert Johnson the father of rocknroll did

here's a rock song i like :)

I CELEBRATE myself,
Nov 5, 2019 9:51 PM
Jul 2018
Nah, I always prefer(ed) Techno ever since I was introduced to Masterboy in the early 90s. Rock music was just a temporary zip for me then I went back.
Nov 5, 2019 10:16 PM

Mar 2008
Yes and no. I'd like to make good music and it be enjoyed but I don't think I'd like fame. I have a lot of genres I like so I doubt id stick to one thing

SadMadoka said:

Pop Metal is a thing....
Nov 5, 2019 10:23 PM

Aug 2014
traed said:
Pop Metal is a thing....

Which genre are you referring to? Kawaii metal perhaps? Anyway, I meant pop music (ala Savage Garden) and extreme metal (like death metal) separately.
Nov 5, 2019 11:17 PM

Mar 2008
SadMadoka said:
traed said:
Pop Metal is a thing....

Which genre are you referring to? Kawaii metal perhaps? Anyway, I meant pop music (ala Savage Garden) and extreme metal (like death metal) separately.

I know you meant it separately. I just combined it so you can have it all. Lol

I can't even remember what Pop Metal is supposed to be really since when I looked it up again I saw it as an alternate name for Glam Metal but ut encompasses more than Glam Metal. I've heard the term used before to describe bands that have pop sounding vocalists with metal instrumentals that don't quite fit in other genres. It didn't sound good to me when I looked it up which is why i struggle to remember any bands labelled Pop Metal. Sort of akin to how some bands are labelled Dark Metal when they don't quite fit with Gothic Metal.
Nov 6, 2019 12:07 AM

Mar 2019
I don't want to be famous, never ever.

I can't deal with all the attention I'd get and lack of privacy. I need my own home to go back to and forget everyone else exists.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 6, 2019 2:56 AM
Aug 2016
When I was a kid I wanted to become one, because I didn't really know what rockstar life means. Now that I'm older, I don't want that anymore.
Nov 6, 2019 4:05 AM

Mar 2018
I'm rather fond of peace and quiet so becoming any kind of a star is a big no for me.

“The most shameless thing in the world is political power that can be inherited regardless of ability or talent!”
Nov 6, 2019 4:06 AM

Feb 2019
Are you implying I'm not one already?

But those mind alternating substances sound nice, where do I get access to them?
Nov 6, 2019 4:34 AM
Jul 2018
Disappointed that nobody has posted this yet.

As for me, I composed, produced, engineered, wrote and rapped on a few songs along with friends throughout school up until university but I didn't want to become famous.

I always wanted to be a behind the scenes kinda guy unless I was playing the piano. I also performed in an Opera once called The Palace In The Sky but that was it. I remember when I was in the RAF a friend of mine said that I would be a really shit celebrity because it gets on my nerves when everyone wants to be around me all the time. I look like an extrovert on the outside but I am an introvert on the inside and people take offense when I don't want to come out and about with them and I just want to stay indoors and play some video games.
removed-userNov 6, 2019 4:44 AM
Nov 6, 2019 4:34 AM

Aug 2018
Never wanted to be famous, only maybe at being good at video games. Being a rockstar or any type of musician, nope. Fame has never been a thing for me. Money, maybe, but not too much of it, just enough to be comfortable (I'm not a big spender). I've always thought I'd be happy and fine enjoying my life on video games since like 12 :D
Edit - I did play piano for 6 years when I was a kid, but not now! I don't wish to get back on it :P
Nov 6, 2019 5:06 AM
May 2016
Yes, I've composed 148 pieces of music, and I think a decent portion of them are good. I would love to play them live. The problem is, I've composed them on the computer, so I've only learnt to play a few of them on actual instruments.
Nov 6, 2019 6:45 AM

Mar 2015
Rockstar, no but i have always wanted to be an idol or an artist just so I can make friends with my favorite artists and also I have this longing for being in the spotlight and achieving something but I cant sing, dance nor make music so whatever KDJSKF
Gin-chan said:
Anime - it's not something that can be thought of in a hall for conferences. It is made out of strange juices current from the brain of animators.
Nov 6, 2019 6:56 AM
Cat Hater

Feb 2017
The best way to make money as a musician is by making shitty radio friendly and unoriginal songs anyway.
Nov 6, 2019 7:26 AM

Feb 2017
I will become a rockstar soon.

I just need to eat right and lift weights and become healthy:)

Then I'll be able to become anything I want.

Nov 6, 2019 8:09 AM

May 2013
BallistikJuice said:
Nah, I always prefer(ed) Techno ever since I was introduced to Masterboy in the early 90s. Rock music was just a temporary zip for me then I went back.

you should check out that techno act 'only 4 faggitz' i bet it'd be right up your alley
I CELEBRATE myself,
Nov 6, 2019 8:21 AM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
BallistikJuice said:

you should check out that techno act 'only 4 faggitz' i bet it'd be right up your alley

Sorry, I didn't get you, need clarification.
Nov 6, 2019 8:52 AM

Oct 2009
yeah i did. Then i realized it's aLL a load of rubbish. most people never make it outta da gutter.

FIGHT CLUB. we aint all gonna be movie stars & rock stars br0
Nov 6, 2019 8:59 AM

Jan 2009
nah life of a public figure is good and all especially finanically but if you are mentally ill then you will be miserable with the constant criticism and hate you will get
Nov 6, 2019 9:21 AM

Dec 2015
I played a total of two gigs as a bass/guitar player to a disinterested crowd of almost 50 people
...so yeah, I'm pretty sure I qualify as the greatest rockstar who ever lived.
Nov 6, 2019 10:00 AM

May 2013
BallistikJuice said:
Gan_water said:

Sorry, I didn't get you, need clarification.

bleep bloop we don't shoot go have a biscuit
I CELEBRATE myself,
Nov 6, 2019 12:23 PM

Jun 2016
I'd rather not die in a cocaine fueled orgy with the human embodiments of syphilis, but thanks for asking.
Nov 6, 2019 12:36 PM

May 2013
A near endless supply of money, sex and drugs sounds great until you realize you need talent to get it.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡
Nov 6, 2019 12:42 PM

Aug 2009
Rock is dead. And I'm or the mind of which rap and rock don't mix, so...

FlowersInTheRain said:
Disappointed that nobody has posted this yet.

Fixed.
FacelessVixenNov 6, 2019 3:27 PM

Nov 6, 2019 10:52 PM
Jul 2018
Alpha_Tranny said:
A near endless supply of money, sex and drugs sounds great until you realize you need talent to get it.

I had a trans friend who did performing arts and has seen some success. I remember her performing to this song at a club which you just reminded me of.
Nov 7, 2019 12:18 PM

May 2013
FlowersInTheRain said:
Alpha_Tranny said:

I had a trans friend who did performing arts and has seen some success. I remember her performing to this song at a club which you just reminded me of.

Actually a pretty interesting song, now that I'm listening to it. What an esotaric way to be introduced to new music, lol.

♡ Harder Daddy ♡

More topics from this board

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

27 by cody »»
46 seconds ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 17 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
17 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
23 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
1 hour ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

27 by Rhaelynne »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.