Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 26, 2019 2:42 PM

Feb 2013
Illyricus said:
I thought the main bad guy was cool until he went all rape mode in Sinon's nightmare. It seems we will get our obligatory SAO rape quota this season too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
That nibba at the end, proposing to the girl he loves before a big event. Does he wants to pull all the death flags available?!

How the hell you even saw rape on this? lol He was fighting her in GGO lmao The only thing he did was to kill Sinon while choking her and saying "your soul will be so sweet" as he's fascinated with souls as you could see on the ep.

Also, SAO never had rape. It had sexual assault which is different and the act of trying but not consummating the act, as rape itself never happened, unlike Goblin Slayer, for example, which rape literally happened. In SAO, two situations happens in the original LN, while in the anime, three, with the Phantom Bullet scene being original.
brzzcodeOct 26, 2019 2:51 PM
Oct 26, 2019 2:59 PM
Jun 2014
So can someone explain to me why everyone needs Alice??? Like I get that she's the one and only person to break the taboo index thus becoming a fluctlight that can essentially kill and become a soldier for them. But like its seeming as if the Dark Territory dudes have fluctlights of there own and has been a place that has been riddle by wars, so like can't they use the dark territory fluctlights???? I'm hella confused
Oct 26, 2019 3:01 PM

Oct 2010
RL episodes are so unneeded.
Just give brief explanation in a couple of sentences while communicating inside the Underworld.
Oct 26, 2019 3:08 PM

Jul 2019
Typical setup episode and as always with SAO it is filled with logic holes and plot convenience. Also, everything as black and white as can be. Next

I do wonder though what Asuna will be gropped by this time? It will be tough to beat the season with her as a coma patient, tentacle monster interns and Kirito's side quest of implicated wincest
Oct 26, 2019 3:17 PM

Mar 2018
So they casually take control over some way over the top characters. If 30 is considered "superaccount" and they have 70 and [ ]. Wow.

The short Sinon scene was really creepy ngl

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Oct 26, 2019 3:18 PM

Jun 2017
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Seriously? NOBODY is gonna point out that the purple knight at the end of the episode has Saber's voice actor?

I find it hilarious that with a Saber clone running around in this season for so many episodes, Saber's actually VA finally turns up to get a piece of the action, like 'bro, if you gonna keep copying my homework, at least let me in on the fun?!'

Also watch my best girl Sinon get choked to death by yet another creepo molester made me sad :(

She isn't a Saber clone. Both Saber and Alice are inspired from Agrias.
Signature.
Oct 26, 2019 3:20 PM

Jun 2017
kingwesjr123 said:
So can someone explain to me why everyone needs Alice??? Like I get that she's the one and only person to break the taboo index thus becoming a fluctlight that can essentially kill and become a soldier for them. But like its seeming as if the Dark Territory dudes have fluctlights of there own and has been a place that has been riddle by wars, so like can't they use the dark territory fluctlights???? I'm hella confused

Because you still need to follow the geneva conventions in war. A goblin or orc would not be able to do it.
Signature.
Oct 26, 2019 3:25 PM

Apr 2015
So the two bad guys has dived into the Underworld. Also Asuna will be joining the world too. Things are gonna get spicy.

I wonder what was all about that dream Sinon had, it honestly looked like it will have something to do with currents events. The person who choked her seems to be an American. Maybe it's connected to the group that invaded the turtle.

Can't wait to see Asuna in the Underworld and team up with Alice.
Oct 26, 2019 3:30 PM
Jul 2014
CeddyyBearr said:
So the two bad guys has dived into the Underworld. Also Asuna will be joining the world too. Things are gonna get spicy.

I wonder what was all about that dream Sinon had, it honestly looked like it will have something to do with currents events. The person who choked her seems to be an American. Maybe it's connected to the group that invaded the turtle.

Can't wait to see Asuna in the Underworld and team up with Alice.

It's literally the same guy as the one who's leading the attack on the Ocean Turtle. She also mentioned in the very first episode last season that she wanted Kirito and Asuna to help her take on this Subtilizer guy who completely shat on her in the last tournament.

She had a nightmare about that event in that tournament. It wasn't a dream. That literally happened.
Oct 26, 2019 3:32 PM
Aug 2017
Seygneur said:
Typical setup episode and as always with SAO it is filled with logic holes and plot convenience. Also, everything as black and white as can be. Next

I do wonder though what Asuna will be gropped by this time? It will be tough to beat the season with her as a coma patient, tentacle monster interns and Kirito's side quest of implicated wincest

No. One. No “rape” this time. At least by what you idiots see it.
Oct 26, 2019 4:08 PM
Aug 2018
Aleph199X said:
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Seriously? NOBODY is gonna point out that the purple knight at the end of the episode has Saber's voice actor?

I find it hilarious that with a Saber clone running around in this season for so many episodes, Saber's actually VA finally turns up to get a piece of the action, like 'bro, if you gonna keep copying my homework, at least let me in on the fun?!'

Also watch my best girl Sinon get choked to death by yet another creepo molester made me sad :(

Stupid comment. Saber may have been inspired from Agrias since FFT was 1998 and FSN was 2004, but every other clone after that have all been Saber clones. Nobody in the 2000s is gonna give a shit about some 1998 character, everybody by this point knows who Saber is and is one of the most popular characters in anime and in Japan. So every blonde haired, sword wielding girl knight these days is a mother fucking saber clone.

Violet evergarden is also a saber clone, you gonna tell me she was also inspired by Agrias? I fucking doubt it.
Oct 26, 2019 4:27 PM
Aug 2017
Seems like people are a bit offput by the Black and White morality of the American group here. But who’s to say? PoH and Gabriel are serial killers in disguise, and those who actually were gray and just doing their jobs, like Critter, know nothing about this.
Oct 26, 2019 4:30 PM

Oct 2015
I like where this is all going.

There are dark knights who want peace with the Human Empire, which adds another conflict into the story.

Higa seemed to consider the possibility of the intruders logging in to Underworld using accounts from the dark territory. I wonder why he didn't bring that up.

Intruders logging into Underworld as superusers and want to invade the Human Empire. The downside with this plan is that they have to extract Alice's fluctlight safely, and since they don't know the identity of Alice they will likely run into a problem is she's in any sort of danger.
Oct 26, 2019 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
Seygneur said:

By no one. Nothing that happened on Fairy Dance ever happens again. Asuna's situation on Alicization will be much more battle related than anything. Stop thinking about Alicization as if it's fairy dance or older arcs because it isn't.

Btw, loving the fact that you clearly hate the franchise and you still are here watching it for over 60 episodes at this point. The anime community is fantastic.
Oct 26, 2019 4:34 PM

Feb 2013
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Aleph199X said:

Stupid comment. Saber may have been inspired from Agrias since FFT was 1998 and FSN was 2004, but every other clone after that have all been Saber clones. Nobody in the 2000s is gonna give a shit about some 1998 character, everybody by this point knows who Saber is and is one of the most popular characters in anime and in Japan. So every blonde haired, sword wielding girl knight these days is a mother fucking saber clone.

Violet evergarden is also a saber clone, you gonna tell me she was also inspired by Agrias? I fucking doubt it.

Alice was created as a character at the same time as Saber, so yes, it's much more likely for her to be inspired by Agria than by a character from a visual novel which Kawahara never has been a fan of the genre and at the same time, he created her on the same time period.
Oct 26, 2019 4:34 PM

Oct 2018
really excited about next episode.
“You can always die. It's living that takes real courage." - Himura Kenshin”

Oct 26, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2017
Seems i guessed right in the previous episode discussion :P

Hylianticipated said:
deg said:

nah im not complaining lol i just find it funny that SAO a fiction is trying to be add real life events

personally im fine with USA being the world police much better than Russia or even China for sure

That's fair. The USA is generally a net benefit when it's involved, but Ironically I'm more on the side of just pulling out and letting everyone fend for themselves; but unfortunately the moment the US decides to act isolationist the world goes to hell and then events like 9/11 happen and we have to suit up again. Also if we pulled out of places like South Korea, then NK would just swoop in and kill everyone and the US would be blamed for that.

World affairs personal feelings aside, the new villains in this episode were just so poorly written. Why does SAO always have to make the antagonists pure psychotic evil instead of just some opposing force with compelling views? It's always like this, and it's getting dull.

Newsflash - 9/11 was an inside job. So, stop being a brainwashed "patriot" and start questioning your rulers for a change.
Oct 26, 2019 4:45 PM

Sep 2015
Lelouch0202 said:

I'm curious what Sinon's dream was all about. Was it even a dream?

https://swordartonline.fandom.com/wiki/Bullet_of_Bullets

4th Bullet of Bullets
1 Subtilizer
2 Sinon
Oct 26, 2019 4:57 PM

Nov 2008
CYCLOPSCORE said:
Seygneur said:

No. One. No “rape” this time. At least by what you idiots see it.

Lol, he IS an idiot....spelling "groped" as "gropped". xD

As for people criticizing the villains....I agree, most of them are not...great. But nobody watches SAO for them anyway...so who cares? Lol

Oct 26, 2019 5:01 PM
Aug 2017
RainyShadow said:
Seems i guessed right in the previous episode discussion :P

Hylianticipated said:

That's fair. The USA is generally a net benefit when it's involved, but Ironically I'm more on the side of just pulling out and letting everyone fend for themselves; but unfortunately the moment the US decides to act isolationist the world goes to hell and then events like 9/11 happen and we have to suit up again. Also if we pulled out of places like South Korea, then NK would just swoop in and kill everyone and the US would be blamed for that.

World affairs personal feelings aside, the new villains in this episode were just so poorly written. Why does SAO always have to make the antagonists pure psychotic evil instead of just some opposing force with compelling views? It's always like this, and it's getting dull.

Newsflash - 9/11 was an inside job. So, stop being a brainwashed "patriot" and start questioning your rulers for a change.

Tell him what I just said. That american group aren’t normal at all. They were meant to be psychos. Two of them are serial killers in hiding. Not difficult to guess who.
Oct 26, 2019 5:42 PM
Oct 2019
Wow, Did anyone notice that for Super Account which just level 30 with mediocre job has Super Password, while The EMPEROR and Dark Knight account which have lvl ??? an lvl 70 is not Password Protected ?

I think it just kinda DUMB ;)
Oct 26, 2019 5:44 PM

Jul 2016
The episode continues where it left off, this time to the invaders perspective. Nice that we seen the GGO scene with Sinon, I hope the backstory of Gabriel that they skipped is coming back. Bcuz to add to his character and his motivations. Asuna to dive in underworld, but we will see it at the end of this cour. Overall build up episode

Oct 26, 2019 6:00 PM

Nov 2010
So the main story has started in this episode after the two introductory episodes. The logic that connects the virtual/game system and real world seems smooth and persuasive. Although AI weapons today would be only targeting systems using shape recognition, the Soul Translation Technology enables machines to have ego/self-images like human. STS works as a self-image incubator with accelerated time.

Although the audience understand the importance of STS like this, why Alice, only a sample of synthetic individual, is so important wasn't explained reasonably in this episode, I think. It may come from that I had been watching SAO:Alicization series as a battle entertainment avoiding to hear bothersome explanation to date.
Oct 26, 2019 7:06 PM
Mar 2017
I did not imagine that the mercenaries that Kirito and his group faced in GGO at the beginning of the first season would be the mercenaries who attacked Ocean Turtle and more unexpectedly was that the leader, Mr Miller knew Sinon before.

As things go, the war against the Dark Territory will become very complex, now that one of the mercenaries and Mr Miller decide to go to Underworld and they will use avatars that seem very powerful.
On the other hand Asuna also decides to go to Underworld to be able to save Kirito in the condition in which he is and also prevent the mercenaries from achieving their mission, reaching Alice.

The introduction of these two new characters from the Dark Territory caught me by surprise, especially with the unexpected marriage proposal.
Lipia reminded me a lot of Fanatio and Viksul looks like a very strong knight, I look forward to seeing them both unfold on the battlefield, but I want to see the leader of the dark arts guild, she looks like an equally evil woman as Quinella (in my opinion).
Apparently in the next episode we will know more about the Dark Territory and we will know how the hierarchy will be now that the emperor and his strongest black knight make their appearance and how they will start a war against humans.
Personally, the episode was decent, the amount of information was more than beneficial since it is finally clear to me the robbery made by the mercenaries and the objective they are looking for.
Oct 26, 2019 7:28 PM

Oct 2015
Mission fix Kirito's fluctlight begins, and his nakamas are on standby too. It was really nice to see them again, and also that they'll join up too.

Should be an interesting journey ahead.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 26, 2019 8:13 PM

Feb 2014
Finally Asuna is getting in on the action. Can't wait for her to run the world.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Oct 26, 2019 10:27 PM

Apr 2018
Looks like we meet the main villains of this season and they look very strong ://
Oct 26, 2019 10:33 PM

May 2015
It's nice seeing Sinon's butt again
Oct 26, 2019 11:31 PM
Oct 2019
Hmmmh. I'm not really pumped by the idea of the actual main cast to finally invade the Underworld. I mean, the reason why I like Alicization so much is the lack of previous cast, ha. Still wish someone will just make a NonNon Biyori kind of anime with Alice, Kirito and Eugeo tbh lol. Honestly, SAO is really amazing in a way that it's literally the only franchise that can manage to make me hate the whole original cast and favoring 3 kids who only appear for like, 3 eps in the whole series

Ah well. I just hope they won't ruin the whole thing with some overpower bs. And I hope the Underworld cast will still be the main lead. Like, the season in named The War of the Underworld. It'd be a bummer if they end up leaving everything to people who aren't part of the world itself.

Anyway to all the people who insist that there's no 'rape' ever happen in the franchise, you guys know that rape doesn't have to include penetration, right? The definition on the damn thing is unwanted sexual assault, dude. You don't even need a second to google that.
Oct 26, 2019 11:34 PM

Jul 2017
I find it hard to believe a bunch of gamers were able to beat out a group of guards that protect a top secret project.

I mean the shows been okay so far, but I guess SAO's gotta be SAO with those weird moments that sometimes defy extend past the spectrum of what's believable or not.

Also I find it hard to believe those guys didn't set a password for some of the most broken character logins allowing the bad dudes the log in. Just some plot conveniences to advance the story I guess.

GFL NA: 151141 | FGO NA: 622,135,030
FGO JP: 028,976,814 | Magia Record JP: rzMsBapp

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Oct 27, 2019 12:06 AM

Jan 2012
Who ever Asuna's phone service is - I need that in my life lol.
That girl was texting through public channels in the middle of know where and underneath waters.
Oct 27, 2019 12:57 AM

Feb 2014
I've found this episode to be pretty interesting. It's still pretty nice to see what the American group attack the Ocean Turtle were doing before and how they were asked to do this mission in the first place.

The only thing that does peek my curiosity is how the bad guys were able to gain access to the far stronger accounts for their dark territory plan while Asuna's group only had superuser accounts that were well below level. I do wonder if that will ever get explained.

I thought for a second that Sinon was dreaming, but it doesn't look like it. It was nice to see her back in action in GGO, but that guy was far too strong for Sinon to handle. Damn...

The last scene with one of the dark territory lords with his female assistant was nice. He's looking for peace and his love confession and marriage proposal was sudden but sweet, but that short blissful moment was stop in its tracks by the arrival of the American antagonists taking the dark territory throne themselves.

So yeah, aside from some plot inconveniences, I still liked this episode. =)
Oct 27, 2019 1:04 AM

Mar 2016
This episode felt like the SAO that I was familiar with, the one that I didn't care at all about.
Oct 27, 2019 1:06 AM
The White Hope

Dec 2015
Zodizark said:
Wow, Did anyone notice that for Super Account which just level 30 with mediocre job has Super Password, while The EMPEROR and Dark Knight account which have lvl ??? an lvl 70 is not Password Protected ?

I think it just kinda DUMB ;)

Yeah, I thought the same. Pretty weak point to advance the story, there were better ways to solve that.

~Mirror, tell me something~
Oct 27, 2019 1:06 AM
Jun 2017
Ohh yeah, this confirms it, that the Dark teritory are those from USA side. Hahaha...

But the real war will begin as Asuna decided to go to underworld. That means ALICE AND ASUNA WILL MEET EACH OTHER ALREADY. 😀😀😀
Oct 27, 2019 1:11 AM

Feb 2013
lazypigz said:
I find it hard to believe a bunch of gamers were able to beat out a group of guards that protect a top secret project.

I mean the shows been okay so far, but I guess SAO's gotta be SAO with those weird moments that sometimes defy extend past the spectrum of what's believable or not.

Also I find it hard to believe those guys didn't set a password for some of the most broken character logins allowing the bad dudes the log in. Just some plot conveniences to advance the story I guess.

They aren't just a bunch of gamers. They're all militar people and just play VRMMORPG on GGO.
Oct 27, 2019 1:12 AM

Feb 2013
lelelejandro said:
Hmmmh. I'm not really pumped by the idea of the actual main cast to finally invade the Underworld. I mean, the reason why I like Alicization so much is the lack of previous cast, ha. Still wish someone will just make a NonNon Biyori kind of anime with Alice, Kirito and Eugeo tbh lol. Honestly, SAO is really amazing in a way that it's literally the only franchise that can manage to make me hate the whole original cast and favoring 3 kids who only appear for like, 3 eps in the whole series

Ah well. I just hope they won't ruin the whole thing with some overpower bs. And I hope the Underworld cast will still be the main lead. Like, the season in named The War of the Underworld. It'd be a bummer if they end up leaving everything to people who aren't part of the world itself.

Anyway to all the people who insist that there's no 'rape' ever happen in the franchise, you guys know that rape doesn't have to include penetration, right? The definition on the damn thing is unwanted sexual assault, dude. You don't even need a second to google that.

Rape and sexual assault are two different things and yes, rape only means penetration, the rest are abuse or sexual assault. I'm a lawyer kiddo, I work with it.

> It'd be a bummer if they end up leaving everything to people who aren't part of the world itself.

Like Kirito himself. lmao dude, I wish I could spoil everything to you, but maybe you should already see that the situation is in need for people to enter on the underworld with the antagonists entering to pick up alice, kirito in that state, alice being targeted, the own underworld about to be destroyed and somehow Asuna can't enter it for you. lol it wouldn't make any sense for her to not enter.
Oct 27, 2019 1:31 AM

Jun 2017
FaffywaffleJLA said:
Aleph199X said:

Stupid reply. Where did I mention about the other characters? I specifically said about Alice who was written around the same time as FSN. And Kawahara was a gamer in the 90s which is why SAO is so inspired by stuff like PSO, Ultima Online and other RPGs from the 90s.
Signature.
Oct 27, 2019 2:36 AM

Oct 2013
I'm not a diehard SAO fan but even I can tell some of the haters here are really grasping for straws and refusing to move on from previous story arcs. Why the hell people even watch shows they clearly don't like still evades me.
Oct 27, 2019 2:48 AM
Aug 2017
suikaMUSIC said:
I'm not a diehard SAO fan but even I can tell some of the haters here are really grasping for straws and refusing to move on from previous story arcs. Why the hell people even watch shows they clearly don't like still evades me.

Yes, the funny mentality of the haters is that they will find literally any reason to continue hating something.
Oct 27, 2019 2:51 AM

Feb 2018
Asuna Yuuki logging on...
Oct 27, 2019 3:02 AM
Jan 2018
Hylianticipated said:
Morag_23 said:
Finally, the USA are shown as the bad guy instead of the good guys. And our girl Asuna is going to steal the show soon! Hype!!

What are you on about? Anime always shows the USA as the bad guys. This whole situation is preposterously overblown.

Didn't watch really animes where US is involve, so apologizes if it wasn't clear!
Oct 27, 2019 3:41 AM

Feb 2018
Finally Asuna and two rapists dive into underworld.

Oct 27, 2019 3:45 AM

Feb 2017
Has the only non rapist villain in SAO been Kayaba?
Oct 27, 2019 3:58 AM

Oct 2018
Umerica strikes again. I wonder why they usually put them on the bad side.

Brain and Brawl headed banter is just fun to watch

Never thought, violently choking someone is rape.

"There's no way they're gonna login with password protected super accounts in human empire..." ...Unprotected password accounts in Dark side logins xD

SuperAccounts/Gods descended in the under world. I wonder how's the citizens' reactions.
Oct 27, 2019 6:36 AM

Oct 2008
oh come on! the events that happened this episode was asuna and the 2 special military gamer ops logged to the game...i mean dive-in! lolz
3/5.

Oct 27, 2019 6:44 AM

Mar 2014
Man, Sinon's still got some violent PTSD going on there. She really needs to play a different game so she'll stop dreaming of getting strangled by every guy that beats her in a gunfight.

And am I the only one seeing Vixur and Lipia as literally the Dark Territory versions of Bercouli and Fanatio?
Oct 27, 2019 7:00 AM

Sep 2009
Everybody complaining bout other things but the one thing that pisses me off more then anything is the fact that they did the Sao team part waaaayy too early. This part wasn't in this arc until the third book.................at the very end of that novel.
Oct 27, 2019 7:04 AM

Jul 2014
The user that said Sinon got "raped" here had me rush the shit just to watch it and yet.. WHERE THE FUCK WAS IT!? I wanted to see some Sinon action! but the blonde dude strangling her moment was pretty hot.
Oct 27, 2019 7:13 AM

Jun 2013
That was a good episode and the plot thickens
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 28, 2019

261 by futurelemon »»
Apr 15, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2019

193 by RicFie »»
Apr 13, 10:27 AM

Poll: » Favorite SAO couple? [Spoilers]

Kazu-chan-san - Feb 17

7 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 17, 10:24 AM

» why do people like alice? ( 1 2 )

JoshMan - Oct 23, 2019

72 by DiamSilver »»
Feb 5, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2019

285 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Dec 17, 2023 11:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.