Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2019 3:07 AM

Dec 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
So the series has ended. To summarize, Terumi decides that he wants to research the Tales of Genji and follows his aunt's path. The girls that he has encountered along the way are all doing relatively well, and it appears that he has managed to put his trauma of Chuujou behind him. Never got to see him go further with his aunt who left to another university.

Not a satisfying conclusion but not terrible either. I do wish that there was a proper resolution with Chuujou though. Oh well.

6/10
Jan 22, 2020 10:05 AM

Apr 2010
It was a pile of crap. The chapters along the whole manga were disappointing, only teasing a great development that never happened.

In the end you expect for something to happen and we get that no good for anyone ending. Just a stupid fappeing story who is disappointing even in that
- Your effort to remain what you are is what limits you.
- Where does the newborn go from here? The net is vast and infinite.
Jun 13, 2020 5:58 AM

Feb 2018
How does it feel to sit in the lap of a gothic loli?
Jul 17, 2020 5:48 AM

Jan 2012
I stopped reading this series around chapter 190 because the plot was going nowhere and I was super sad after Yuu's arc. I've been following it from time to time to see how the plot is going and it sure didn't change much.

These last chapters and the lack of a proper conclusion sure don't give me motivation to go back to finish it properly, so it will stay as is.

Yuu and Kaoruko best girls.
Jul 22, 2020 1:57 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
I'm confused. Why does MAL have this as having 360 chapters? Are there some bonuses that are not reflected here?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2020 8:04 AM

Nov 2011
Farabeuf said:
I'm confused. Why does MAL have this as having 360 chapters? Are there some bonuses that are not reflected here?

Yeah, there are extras including chapter 385.5

Anyways, I'm pretty underwhelmed by the series' finale. It basically confirms what was easily implied. Kaoruko is best girl imo for the series though.
Jul 31, 2020 8:36 AM

Aug 2010
After years of reading this, it finally ended in the most mundane way possible.

In the end, Kaoruko is best girl hands down and was since chapter 1.
Jul 31, 2020 2:02 PM
Jul 2018
ChattyIntrovert said:
After years of reading this, it finally ended in the most mundane way possible.

In the end, Kaoruko is best girl hands down and was since chapter 1.

Like Kaoruko said, the Tale of Genji is a long book, so practically that 358 manga chapters means nothing because was only part one on the book. So in the end you've got how Kaoruko created a modern Genji with the help of the 14 women he met. <- The premise of the story

About the manga, it's a lame end because they had to find a way to finish it. Not sure if it's stated the mangaka is of older age and it's her only work.

Farabeuf said:

Extra chapters explain some stuff between the arcs. Only that.
Jul 31, 2020 2:55 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Thanks for your answers @TenRX and @Stark700

And yeah, Kaoroku was always the finest woman on display as well as the main game and final boss.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jul 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2018
skualninja said:
I stopped reading this series around chapter 190 because the plot was going nowhere and I was super sad after Yuu's arc. I've been following it from time to time to see how the plot is going and it sure didn't change much.

These last chapters and the lack of a proper conclusion sure don't give me motivation to go back to finish it properly, so it will stay as is.

same man. We have same best girls. To add Iyo too, that store clerk
Jul 31, 2020 6:51 PM

Jan 2018
skualninja said:

same best girl! Also Iyo the store clerk!
Jul 31, 2020 8:30 PM
Mar 2015
He may love his aunt but they have no future Just a past as Genji
Aug 1, 2020 6:17 AM

Feb 2012
What kind of ending was that???? So disappointed there wasn't a real closure to wrap things up, romantically!

For me, Yuu was the best girl and then I also started liking Mutsuge (perverted fortune teller). I felt that Mutsuge had a chance with Terumi, but the author suddenly rushed things and decided to go to the aunt arc right away and end the story.

I wished the ending wasn't open-ended or he chose a girl to be with.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Aug 1, 2020 9:39 PM
Jul 2018
jbeat said:
What kind of ending was that???? So disappointed there wasn't a real closure to wrap things up, romantically!

For me, Yuu was the best girl and then I also started liking Mutsuge (perverted fortune teller). I felt that Mutsuge had a chance with Terumi, but the author suddenly rushed things and decided to go to the aunt arc right away and end the story.

I wished the ending wasn't open-ended or he chose a girl to be with.

I believe many of the readers for this manga need to re-read it like three times, Kaoruoko's goal was to create a modern Genji, she did it. Terumi becomes a man to be loved by males and females. The last chapter is not a proper ending, but indeed is the start of what happens if the old tale were brought in this modern era, now the choice is to read the original work and figure out the characters

Genji (Terumi) chooses a girl in the end, it's
Aug 4, 2020 7:18 AM

Jun 2012
Well that was kinda a lackluster of an ending. Kinda rushed but not so bad either.
Aug 9, 2020 12:47 AM
Aug 2013
TenRX said:

I believe many of the readers for this manga need to re-read it like three times, Kaoruoko's goal was to create a modern Genji, she did it. Terumi becomes a man to be loved by males and females. The last chapter is not a proper ending, but indeed is the start of what happens if the old tale were brought in this modern era, now the choice is to read the original work and figure out the characters

Too bad that hes no where near the level of actually Genji because none of those girls really want to be on his side in the end of the day.I would like to see how that sissy femboy can get a stable gf by himself without having Kaokuro's guidance around(probably the main reason why she left him since hes now finally free from his mental trauma about woman now),still i feel a bit pity for his decision of following his aunt career considering Terumi not even really into Genjimonogatari as much as Kaokuro and only doing that for the sake of trying to impress her even more.Peak simp move
Aug 9, 2020 3:59 PM

Jun 2020
Thornal said:
TenRX said:

Too bad that hes no where near the level of actually Genji because none of those girls really want to be on his side in the end of the day.I would like to see how that sissy femboy can get a stable gf by himself without having Kaokuro's guidance around(probably the main reason why she left him since hes now finally free from his mental trauma about woman now),still i feel a bit pity for his decision of following his aunt career considering Terumi not even really into Genjimonogatari as much as Kaokuro and only doing that for the sake of trying to impress her even more.Peak simp move
Wow, you're really secure about your own masculinity, aren't you?
Aug 9, 2020 10:57 PM
Aug 2020
honestly I really enjoyed the story and the ending I founded it kinda bitter-sweet.
Aug 15, 2020 12:19 AM
Aug 2013
allBrawNnoBrains said:
Thornal said:

Im not chad-archetype but never ever think about crossdressing for whatever purposes unlike Terumi who can be damn fine trap if he decides to act like one.Keep in mind that his skin even smoother than most of girls in the series and has the feminine appearance that can even makes a queen bee like Tsukasa jealous enough to pick on him all the time during their middle schools period
Sep 3, 2020 1:56 AM
Sep 2020
So did they have sex or not (Kaoroku) since it wasn't really implied
Sep 26, 2020 2:19 PM
Oct 2016
In regards to the series, it did have a few plot holes and the story felt rushed towards the end as it seems like the author didn't want to drag it out and decided to cut some corners to finally end it.

Below are some of my thoughts on the holes and things that weren't finished.

First of all, we never saw an actual climax with his Cousin Asashi, while the author did pinpoint midway through the manga that Terumi would eventually return to capture her heart and conquer her body. While he did inadvertently conquer her heart without even knowing it himself towards the end. Their relationship did not progress any further and nothing happened between them after that however.

The same exact story with Yuu, we were lead to believe that he would eventually be able meet up with her again and patch up their relationship, as it was stated somewhere in the middle of the manga, but eventually the idea was scratched and they only had a brief and cold meeting at the very end where she mad him realize his true feelings for the 14th girl.

Also the relationships he had with three other of the girls were superficial and ended abruptly. More specifically the relationship with Otome, the 14 year old girl that he was tutoring. The relationship with Shian, which was 10 years old and the relationship with Ruri. Two of them disregarding Shian, as she was clearly underage and the author didn't want to go into loliconism, were entirely plausible sexual partners that should have had an actual conquer route and climax, ending with sexual intercourse.

And last but not least, the 14th girl which is his Aunt, was the most rushed girl. The first time they had intercourse - the scene was cut short and didn't end with emotionally fulfilling sex in the end. The next chapter had some quickly assembled slides where they showed various sex scenes and positions and that was it. It was poorly put together while she was the final and most important woman he had to conquer as all the previous girls were essentially training until the very last one... herself.
The scene had nowhere near as much polish, detail and emotion as the scenes with Yuu, Chisato, Semi, Hana, Akashi and even Tsukiko. Overlall, i feel like the show was going really well but fell on it's face at the very end.
Plus it was very obvious that they were both romantically per-disposed and in love with one another but the author didn't let us have the pleasure of seeing them live together as a proper loving couple.|
Overall, it was quite disappointing as we've been shown that she had been infatuated with Terumi ever since he was born and wanted a life of happiness for him, whereas she was the only person he truly loved and could have been happy with.

All in all, the show was extremely interesting to read but had some plot holes and was rushed towards the end. it still vexes me that the most important girl, his Aunt and climax of the show was given so little polish and was kind of rushed.

Also i would have loved to see an actual resolution with Choujin the bully as well.

Overall 4/5 for this poll but i would give it a good 7/10 in reality.
Sep 26, 2020 2:21 PM
Oct 2016
Argonaut8 said:
So did they have sex or not (Kaoroku) since it wasn't really implied

Yes they did. In chapter 357 (The Greatest Form of Happiness) there were several additional slides and one of them was implied missionary sex.

However due to laws in Japan in regards to Incest, the chapters weren't fully developed and the entire scene with his Aunt was rather short and abrupt unlike the well developed scenes for the other girls.

But by all means, the author tried to deliver as much as he could in regards to those scenes to us while trying to be in a legally gray area. While there was no direct mention of penetration sex, he certainly implied to us that it did happen.

allBrawNnoBrains said:
Thornal said:

In all fairness he does have somewhat of a point. The girls never truly fell in love with him. While he had a feminine and supposedly beautiful complexion, he was lacking in the masculinity department. There is a saying that women instinctively flock to strong men and most certainly Terumi did not leave that impression, as such all the connections he made were rather superficial and his aunt also mentioned something along those lines in the last couple of chapters, as in wondering why he never managed to truly ensnare the hearts of the girls.

And that all really wouldn't have mattered as much, if the author would have fully managed to establish his relationship and love interest in the end, which he didn't and left a lot of the audience unsatisfied. Because all he really needed at the end was for atleast one of the girls to truly love him from the bottom of her heart and that girl should have been the final 14th - his aunt.

Honestly, most of audience was rooting for her the entire series and wanted to see them share true love at the end, but that kind of didn't happen and left a lot of people unsatisfied with the missing happily-ever-after ending.

If the ending had a couple of additional slides, like 5years later and we would have been shown him and his aunt together and having kids, i assume a lot of people would have had a very different opinion of the way the series ended.
GlasglowSep 26, 2020 2:32 PM
Oct 13, 2020 12:54 AM

Jan 2020
What a trashy manga it is! I can't say I didn't enjoy it at all, though. But the ending surely feels a little rushed. Not a little actually, quite rushed I would say.
Nov 1, 2020 5:01 AM

Feb 2019
Hm I started this manga up to around chapter 300 a long time ago, just finished it today, ending obviously was kind of disappointing but it fulfilled its purpose of the story ig however the plot itself wasn’t really interesting. I think most of us continued for the artwork and the interest in sexual desire, my condolences to those who followed the series for 10 years and were incredibly disappointed in the ending tho. Although I didn’t necessarily enjoy the ending of the manga I am kind of bias tho since I don’t particularly like endings for some reason in general, I hope to see more work done by the author since the art is really beautiful though, however through some simple googling it seems like a bit of distant thought since Minamoto-Kun is the only work she/he has done. Anyway that’s my thoughts on the ending
🎧-α΄Έα΄°α΄Ώ β’·αžυπ•Ÿ∂Ρ”αž-🎧

𝕬 π•Έπ–”π–šπ–“π–™π–†π–Žπ–“ 𝖔𝖋 π•­π–‘π–†π–‰π–Šπ–˜ 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆 π•Ύπ–Šπ–† 𝖔𝖋 π•±π–‘π–†π–’π–Šπ–˜
Nov 13, 2020 9:03 AM
Feb 2016
Just finished this...I started this manga because i really loved the art style...And the story was good too...I thought I would at one point leave this manga, never knew i would read this through...the ending was not satisfactory cause I wanted the both of them to be together (terumi and kaoruko, whom I shipped from first).
and like Kaoruko said, about beginning of ch2, hope there is something after this...
Nov 26, 2020 12:20 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
My balls are still blue. What a frustrating ending.

5/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Apr 14, 2021 7:24 AM

Jan 2019
It's not like it's not an interesting manga to have read, but it sure was below expectations. Remember when Minamoto-kun Monogatari was a story where traumas could be overcome in a way that satisfactions and intimate relationships were important? Well, the manga ended that goal, but it certainly didn’t explore many things.

Especially when it comes to the development of many girls, the plot was not sustained and disappointed in its entirety, Chuujou was an interesting girl for that, after all, it was a matter of phobia for girls. It seems that the author forgot to humanize things like this and just decided to solve everything in sex ... A pity, because it was a fun story. Not developing any solid romance with Asahi was also a problem. Of course, they are cousins, it is something debatable, but there were 3 moments when they had some legitimate interaction, it could be something more organic to resolve this issue. I think it's another title that I put on the list of "endings that don't develop".
Jun 25, 2021 2:43 AM

Sep 2019
I loved this manga until the end but the ending was so bad. It could've been much better. Some of the girls didn't even do anything with Minamoto. I was like oh well, at least we'll get some Kaoruko but they didn't give much Kaoruko action at the end either. I'm really sad to see this manga end like this :( pain.
Jun 30, 2021 3:19 PM

Feb 2015
This is why I feel like this is kind of open ending so hear me out:

the last panel of MC's aunt and him having their 3 months of their life was the absolute fucking saddest panel I have ever seen in my entire life. Like I dunno prolly because there's no way in hell it would be taken to vol.17 because reasons or whatever bylaws about depiction of incest but ehhh whatever, but damn that was sad. I was hoping to at least get a good sex scene but well... or damn even confession was well ehhh whatever, at least that one cursed panel showed their feelings I guess?

Now MC not being afraid of woman... well... I guess it's nice and all. MC being a researcher, I think to follow with his aunt is also because he wants to met him I think or not. Because aunt moved to different uni I think... I dunno WHERE so they did separate I think... prolly...

I'll wrap it up here too... it was kinda monkaS that MC's mother conceived him when she's 19 while MC's aunt is 10 yo. Now then later on her name Lady Murasaki, who in the original tale raised Genji to be lover, whilst ironically; that in this timeline Lady Murasaki didnt raised Genji (MC) to be his lover but actually fell in love with MC because... .reason... now this I will try to go just pure shitpost.... I think, the reason why MC's aunt kinda did like MC is because she liked her brother which actually.... ummmmm rejected her, so in this sense.... she kinda saw that kind of feeling but well... ehhh I dunno.... I guess I'm going too far here, prolly thus we dont see.... them confessing to each other, but had incentous relationship? But I guess... this is kinda shoving PURE SEMANTIC at this point...

I feel bad for Asahi. She could have also have her route have a follow up but well.. reasons.

Oct 11, 2021 3:28 PM
Feb 2019
in my opinion this manga was overall a good read. Character, story, art and smut stuff was great thoroughly enjoy it , worth the time in my opinion.

but I also felt it could be more memorable. the last 2 or 3 ark was too rush in my opinion. I felt the author could've give another 50-60 solid chapters to give better closure to each characters. I guess really really wanted to end it.

lastly what really piss me off was looking forward the whole story for Kaoruko and Asahi romance and H stuff but in the end doesn't really see it!!!
ok they skip Asahi but I was really hoping Kaoruko stuff was gonna be more. like 3-4 chapters like other previous girls, like come on we've waited 350+ chapters for it.
Overall still worth my time then some most manga's.

Feb 3, 2022 10:18 AM

Aug 2020
welp that was pretty fun. Seeing this virgin boy more feminine than your mom turn into an absolute gigachad. Really enjoyed it lol.

The later arcs happen pretty fast though and the last 2 were just rushed af. Pretty bummed that nothing really happened with Asahi. Same with Chuujou.

Kaoruko's a pretty scary woman if you think about it. She really planned this ever since the dude was a baby lmao. And to think that she's still a virgin all this while.

I'm not sure if this got cancelled or the author just decided to end it but it definitely could've ended a lot better. I couldn't imagine following this for 8 years just to get a non-conclusive ending. I do understand that its basically saying this is only the beginning but it would be nice if it strayed away from Genji no Kimi in that aspect.

overall i thought its pretty good. underwhelming end but enjoyed it nonetheless.
Feb 8, 2022 2:55 AM
Jun 2020
It's been a while since I've seen an author drop the ball this hard. Extremely rushed ending. It felt like the author was forced to finish her work prematurely due to some outside factor.

Although it was a promising read initially, 5/10 is the best this manga deserves and I feel like I'm being generous.
Feb 25, 2022 9:17 PM
Aug 2013
dompsterfire said:
welp that was pretty fun. Seeing this virgin boy more feminine than your mom turn into an absolute gigachad

Not at all considering he was just the opposite of your average spineless harem MC,managed to get laid with most of them but none of those woman really want to keep him all for themself in the end of the day beside that yandere ex teacher.I would change my mind if he could get some pussies by his own without his aunt fooling around and telling him what to do but that doesnt seem to happen anytime soon
May 21, 2022 10:44 PM
Mar 2022
noooo why end it like that!!!!
May 21, 2022 10:48 PM
Mar 2022
cchigu said:
My balls are still blue. What a frustrating ending.

5/10

dude my dik has been waiting 300+ chapters to see him go segs with hes aunt
Jun 6, 2022 7:12 AM
Jun 2022
I think this manga is quite funny as long as this manga is continued but with a few changes
Jun 6, 2022 7:13 AM
Jun 2022
UPDATE THIS MANGA PLEASE !!!😭😭
Mar 2, 2023 1:58 PM

Oct 2012
hmm what an unsatisfying ending.
May 28, 2023 1:36 PM

Oct 2012
I wrote a long text about how underwhelming and rushed the ending was but it was accidentely deleted.
A lot of plotlines felt unfinished (Asahi, Tsukasa, Ruri, Nagiko, Otome).

So to sum up, let's just say the manga would need another 100 or so chapters to end everything in satisfying manner.

I was prepared to rate this manga a lot better as I enjoyed it a lot but then chapter 342 came and everything crumbled to pieces.

Such a shame. And it was so good before.

6/10
Jul 25, 2023 2:25 AM
Mar 2021
man I loved that dentist woman so much. she had me hot and bothered lol
Mar 29, 2:28 PM
Jul 2023
The ending felt rushed, I'd say. It was a Good manga, but at times it felt like the character development wasn't going anywhere. Nonetheless, I enjoyed this, the ending just left me wanting more, even if was just another extra chapter... No, that's a lie, At least, another 6 chapters

More topics from this board

Poll: » Minamoto-kun Monogatari Chapter 357 Discussion

ClawViper - Sep 29, 2019

10 by laurenwong1234 »»
Sep 18, 2023 11:56 AM

» Opinions about this manga.

Kzzz - Jul 7, 2021

5 by DustyGirl »»
Jun 3, 2023 3:54 AM

Poll: » Minamoto-kun Monogatari Chapter 247 Discussion

otakukid - Oct 22, 2018

5 by dompsterfire »»
Feb 1, 2022 8:15 AM

Poll: » Minamoto-kun Monogatari Chapter 177 Discussion

DeadZeroSource - Jul 29, 2015

10 by dompsterfire »»
Jan 26, 2022 11:25 AM

Poll: » Minamoto-kun Monogatari Chapter 114 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 17, 2014

55 by dompsterfire »»
Jan 22, 2022 11:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.