Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Sep 29, 2019 10:59 PM

Dec 2018
Damn. Fairy Tail has weak writing, plot, characters, and arcs at times. But I still love it. This series gave so much to me, and helped me so much. It had fun with its narrative, and I had fun with it. Natsu, Gray, Lucy, Happy, and Erza are going to always be in the back of my head. I remember first hearing about this series from a Youtuber as a bright-eyed ten-year-old and binging over twenty episodes in a single day. The journey has been incredible, even if the quality wasn't great at all times (or ever lol). But in all seriousness, thank you, Hiro Mashima, and Fairy Tail, for everything. It was fun. And it ended after three years for me. None the less, Fairy Tail is always going to be remembered by me. Snow Fairy in the final parts gave me a major nostalgia rush.
Sep 30, 2019 3:30 AM

Jan 2015
EsQueue said:
BestBoiEren said:
the worst shounen is boku no garbage academy

No, that's your INCORRECT opinion. What's sad is that you probably like this series more than the Mangaka. It was good until the magic games. Most people will agree with that.

I am aware that I said that your opinion is incorrect.

I found this last arc of fairy tail absolute garbage and trash, before that it was decent at best. But that's still miles ahead of that garbage worst shounen in the history bnha.

Well your opinion is just outright wrong, sorry.
Sep 30, 2019 4:26 AM
Sep 2018
After watching FAIRY TAIL for a long time, it is finally over. I’m really fascinated with season 1 &2 but I’m feeling down when I watched final season. It has a bad animation (look less exciting).
Sep 30, 2019 5:41 AM

Jan 2013
Finally it's over.
Last episode was mostly dedicated to fan-service and shipping, lame stuff.
Sep 30, 2019 5:53 AM

Sep 2007
Like a lot of watchers/readers, i really loved Fairy Tail some years ago.
But at the end, slowly but surely, i began to dislike it ... Yeah ... Sadly ...
But in same time, i had some tears in my eyes ...
It's like Naruto, Bleach and others ...
It's part of my childhood who finish ... and it's always sad ... :(
Sep 30, 2019 8:52 AM
Ecchi_no_Ou

Oct 2018
Well, 10 years later, after 328 episodes - and a few OVAs and 2 Movies - we sadly reach the end of this amazing fairy tale.

I'll definitely miss the red goddess Erza, the golden beauty Lucy, the blue-watered Juvia. the dark-blue cutie Wendy, the White Demon Mirajane, the always joyful Happy, the ice-cold Gray, the burning fire Natsu... - let me stop here because I'm almost starting to cry!!!

This was without any doubt one of the funniest Anime I've watched in the last decade. Congrats to the manga's author and to everyone that made the Fairy Tail Series adaptation possible.

Now, please give us the 100 Years Quest - probably not next year but in 2021 (yeah, let me dream, ok...) - so I'll not say Sayounara but just (a short) Matane!!!
Sep 30, 2019 9:58 AM

Mar 2017
I actually found this episode really disappointing.... it was rushed, it didn't feel like there was a lot of closure of many things (such as Natsu & Lucy's relationship) and it was definitely not the ending that this amazing anime deserved.

HOWEVER, in general i feel like Fairy Tail is a standout anime in the way it's so cheerful, fun and never takes itself seriously. A lot of people don't like the fact that there isn't a whole lot of drama and that it's kind predictable but i always found the joy in it came from the characters and the journeys they take rather than the end result.

Despite such a lacklustre ending i'll always treasure this anime and i'll miss the characters A LOT!
Sep 30, 2019 11:30 AM

Sep 2012
So the saga ends here. Was a great ride these past 9 years for me and I'm looking forward to whatever is gonna be the next anime for the next decade.

Also will look forward to a Sequel Anime
Trying to watch all available anime series so you won't have to anymore, the list of anime I can recommend is still in progress, tho
Sep 30, 2019 4:44 PM
Jan 2017
Wait a minute, why u post here and even watch all episode if u dont like it. I cant get it, if u dont like it u just dont watch. For me each nxt season was diffrient and greater in some way. Final season was great even if protagonists still lose quickly and all good ones survive, that is whole FT. For more complex stories or fight we have others anime, FT is light nice anime. I can't wait for 100 year quest. Score of anime say something about it, dont lie yourself.
Sep 30, 2019 5:28 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
This is the most activity I seen in Fairy Tail in my short time of being on this site. Everybody is reminiscing on Fairy Tail now that the series is finally over. Like most people in here I have a love/hate relationship with Fairy Tail. In hindsight I felt that the Alverez arc was a waste of time and more time should be spent building up Acnologia since he is the main villain. I give the Final Series a 5/10 since it was a mediocre arc from Fairy Tail.

I'm going to miss seing best girl Erza, Lucy, Juvia animated. With that being said, I started reading 100 Year Quest and I like it so far so maybe Fairy Tail can get back on track.

Fairy Tail is also getting a RPG video game adaptation.
Sep 30, 2019 6:14 PM

Apr 2009
This was a pretty lousy episode and a weak conclusion. Zeref and Mavis being reincarnated was absolute unnecessary nonsense and the guild interaction was less interesting than even something like say the filler ep where Fairy Tail had a race.

The season I'd probably give a 6/10, it wasn't as bad as the manga readers were warning. It definitely fell short and had its missteps, but there were some great new characters, awesome fights, and some wonderful emotional moments. Not my favorite arc, but significantly better than Fairy Tail's worst.

Overall the show felt like it kind of went off the rails after we returned from the pause in the middle of the Grand Magic Games (not just story wise, but even with crappier animation and character models) and it just never really recovered except for brief shining moments.

Even at its best I wouldn't put in my top ten or anything, but I have a lot of affection for the show. I adore so many of the characters, Yasuharu Takanashi's OSTs are goddamn immortal, and Fairy Tail could be such a blast.

Any and all low points were so easily worth the high points.
Oct 1, 2019 1:53 PM

May 2016
As I told you it wasn't good.
Aaaah I forgot the last Juvia x Gray scene, I forgot the author succumbed to his fans wishes, pathetic, I was thinking of watching Rave but no thanks! At least for now.

Even thought I read it time ago still leaves a bad aftertaste.
Oct 1, 2019 6:14 PM

Oct 2016
I came with the purpose of reading all comments, then stopped at the second good comment because the majority was riding the hatred train. I'll focus on giving my thoughts and won't deal with any hater in this topic.

I don't remember when I started watching Fairy Tail. It may have been 2010 as it may have been 2012. No later than that. It was the first anime I ever watched back to back with enthusiasm, if we exclude binge watching Dragonball or Naruto when I was much younger. The OST quickly began a favourite genre of mine as I grew fond of the characters with every episode. And day after day I lost myself in it, as I learned from it and started seeing such strong familiar bonds and friendly bonds that don't exist in reality and that I crave so much. The guild steadily became like a spiritual family to me. I've dreamed going with them on journeys and fighting side by side with the main characters. I experienced very strong emotions and feelings in a good variety.

A shrinked recap what I loved about it:

- the characters
- the OST
- the strong bonds between the characters (unlike any in the real world)
- the unwavering motivation, self-confidence, self-discipline and initiative displayed (unlike any in the real world)
- the character growth displayed by certain characters (e.g. Lucy)
- the sense of wonder and adventure that comes with taking requests of the quest board

A lot of people could learn from the values that shines in Fairy Tail instead of succumbing to individualism, cultural marxism, superficiality/lack of depth, hypocrisy, distraction, short attention spans and other unhealthy mindsets (and forms of immaturity) embodied by the contemporary society.

I won't deny the show has its flaws but its qualities far outshine any of them.

In conclusion, Fairy Tail will always hold a special place in my heart and I look forward to see its sequel adapted, if that ever happens.

P. S. Does anyone know if the finale matches the manga?

Oct 1, 2019 7:04 PM

May 2016
I think Fairy Tail/Final might be one of the worse anime I have ever watched kinda disappointed when I finished that show though and though was actual hot garbage and more ass pull then DBS which I didn't watch only redeeming quality of the show would be the character designs/abilities 3/10 show had so much potential really with most the arcs I felt like the beginning was good just with tower of heaven and really made me like the show.
(Magical games were such a waste of potential) The character designs/abilities were really the only things that made me continue watching it even though it was bad I would say Zero was the only series I felt they executed properly and was really good.
I think fairy Tail's concept is really good and opens up for so much potential just wasn't really executed I will miss the characters though after seeing them in so many episodes. But most of the show arcs I kinda wanna forget.
Oct 1, 2019 7:45 PM
May 2017
This absolute travesty of a story is finally over in both manga and animated form. Now let's hope it stays that way.
Oct 2, 2019 12:50 AM

Mar 2019
And one day I finish this anime that has it all, makes you laugh, cry and get excited in some incredible fights, I can't ask for more ...

Last episode... 1/5
Overall 8/10

Cya!
KonanaOct 2, 2019 12:55 AM
Oct 2, 2019 2:24 AM

Mar 2011
Finally it ends, our main character Lucy finally became a best selling author!

Well I can't say I'm satisfied, the build up to Zeref and Acnologia didn't really feel worth it. They made Acnologia seem so insanely powerful when he first appeared but the ending was all just a lot of silly cheese, to be expected from FT I suppose.

Lots of fake deaths, inconsistent villains who were just beaten randomly when convenient and lots of cheesy messages about being friends.

I suppose for me it was just too long. I enjoyed it a ton in the early days but it just dragged out way too much and was just so repetitive in its arcs. The characters didn't really progress either as the power scaling was all over the place and most villains were beaten by random power ups which unlike other long term shonens took away from the feel of progression.

Aside from power progression it also didn't help that very few characters had any real personality and were just there to repeat the same catchphrase over and over, so they neither evolved as fighters or characters.

Things like wanting to see Natsu finally beat Gildarts. I always expected to see them duke it out and see Natsu win, which would have actually shown Natsu had progressed but that never happened. Did he surpass him? I don't even know who is stronger than who anymore. While going full on 'power levels' is silly I'd like a little consistency... It just really feels like a lot of the things they started were just forgotten for a half arsed ending and more breasts.

7/10 Enjoyable enough but should have ended 100 episodes ago tbh.

100 year quest? Is it not over?
"When everyone else is about to give up, the fighter who becomes the role model, is the true Leader."

Oct 2, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2013
What am emotional ending.... Fairy Tail !!!

This anime will always have a special place for me. It’s been one hell of a journey :’)
Here’s to hoping they animate the 100 years quest too!
The adventure never ends :D
Oct 2, 2019 7:52 AM

Jul 2013
LastLuminescence said:
As I told you it wasn't good.
Aaaah I forgot the last Juvia x Gray scene, I forgot the author succumbed to his fans wishes, pathetic, I was thinking of watching Rave but no thanks! At least for now.

Even thought I read it time ago still leaves a bad aftertaste.

What do you mean by the author succumbing to the fans' wishes?
Oct 2, 2019 2:18 PM

Apr 2018
I can't believe it ended. My first anime ever, amazing. Snow Fairy in the background 10/10. Even though it's the "Final Series", the ending teases us to expect more, so I'm pretty sure the possibilities of us getting another season aren't 0.
Oct 2, 2019 11:03 PM
Jan 2018
As a person who's followed this series for a number of years now and didn't actually think there would be a finale, this season has been...difficult for me. I want to love it, yet it's done things that made me want to utterly hate it.

Deus Ex Machina's nearly the entire cast of Edolas for one scene for one final front against the Dragon King, making that entire lore point utterly pointless

Killed off one of the most interesting Villains in the recent shows history, while giving characters of the same level of backstory and attention redemption stories. I.e. Irene

Using contrived and insulting plot devices within the show to further the story, where previous instances of this made sense within the shows setting, lore and overall world.

They even brought back one of the most reoccurring villains in the entire shows running for the sake of showing everyone gets a second change, unless the show somehow doesn't think they should get one. Zeraf Dragneel somehow is now a writer and acts like he's never met Mavis and the show puts very strong focus on this interaction and acts like these two characters ARE IN-FACT Zeraf and Mavis. Yet gives no explanation about why they are still alive.

The ending to this season did give my fuzzy warm feeling sure, but didn't dispel my frustration for the massive slap to the face over some of it's tasteless handlings of the show.

They created more cliffhanger, unanswered questions then they could be bothered to answer. Effectively ruining any of the respect the show garnered for the sake of getting it out the door and hoping to forget it.

As with video games, I am going to use a saying here as well:
A delayed anime will be better then one that is rushed.

And that's just what this whole entire season felt....rushed. Rushed quality, rushed animation, rushed characters, rushed story and even rushed lore. Lore that (like that was mentioned) contributed previously established lore and story writing that entirely does the opposite of what the series has established.

All I can say without regret now is, I am glad this show is done and over. I hope other shows in a similar vain learn how now to screw up from Fairy Tail in their story writing and implementation and don't make the detrimental mistakes this mess of a anime somehow ended up making.

Onto the next anime that, let's all hope, isn't as much of a crap show as Fairy Tail sadly turned out to be.
Oct 4, 2019 6:26 PM

Nov 2015
I actually loved the ending , final season was not that great but the ending was.
Oct 5, 2019 3:02 AM

Sep 2009
One of my favorite anime have finally ended :'(
10/10.
Oct 6, 2019 3:33 PM

Feb 2017
Is this how it really ends? Feels like we've been left with a cliffhanger. Also, the acnologia fight was a bit abrupt, they hyped it up for multible arcs and the fight only lasted a few episode and finished
Feels rushed and last minute to me.

Loved the series overall though, the show, music and characters will always have a place in my heart. It's just a shame to leave it at such a bad note.

9/10 because of the ending and moments of bad animation.
Oct 7, 2019 11:02 AM

Sep 2014
I liked it. Fitting end for the show. Nothing too crazy.

Overall, I like the series. The characters are lovable, the music is amazing, it's colourful and lighthearted. I find it much more enjoyable than the likes of Naruto and Bleach. Lucy is one of my favourites tbh. I even love the friendship power of the series, Tenroujima was my favourite arc and it's nice to see Fairy Sphere again. Cheesy as hell, but damn I like it.
Overall the plot has had weak points and can get repetitive at times, it's not that exciting. But I always have good time reading/watching fairy tail still.
7/10

Sad to see FT go. Especially with so much hate around. Even more so considering a lot of it is for things that have always been part of FT's identity. If you wanted dark serious story with no fanservice you should have known FT isn't that in the matter of first few episodes. Well, whatever. To each their own.
Oct 10, 2019 3:43 AM

Dec 2012
Natsu's muffler.
Dat punch.
WTF! Acnologia shattered to pieces with one punch?
Meldy oppai.
Dat crack.
Natsu and co. fall down.
Cobra and Kinana.
x793. One year after the battle.
Lucy won best new writer. Also, dat oppai.
OH SHIT! THEY PLAYING SNOW FAIRY!
The Adventure of Iris.
Lucy and Anna met.
Anna teaches in a small village.
Natsu liked Anna when she was his teacher.
Gajeel and Levy grew close.
Gajeel's face turned red.
Baby?
Sheria can use magic again.
lol at Ichiya being most handsome man of the year.
Kagura oppai.
Juvia bra.
Gildarts actually dressed like a gentlemen.
Dat scar.
Gray said the words.

And that was the end. They played Snow Fairy. That was awesome. Mashima, I'm a fan... but RAVE is better. The only thing I can praise about FT is the waifu's and fanservice. Glad he didn't force Natsu and Lucy getting together. I'll miss the waifu Charle. I never expected Charle to be come a waifu, but her human form is goddess tier. Bless you Mashima. I'll miss Ultear's thickness. I'll miss Flare's oppai. I'll miss the perfection that is Irene.

The final 1 1/2 chapters. They didnt make Sheria where her sports bra showing off her oppai. They didn't changed Cana stuffing the wine bottle in Lucy's mouth to her just pouring it in the glass.
RobOct 10, 2019 3:47 AM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Oct 12, 2019 1:35 PM

Feb 2015
Late to the party, but still gotta leave a post here. Final episode was pretty freaking awesome, about as good as I could have hoped for. While they stuck to the source material really closely, which I thought was fairly weak near the end, the anime handled it pretty well as far as I'm concerned. That final punch with Dragon Force playing and some awesome visuals was the perfect hype finisher they could've gone with.

Sad to see Fairy Tail ended, but also glad it's not being stretched out into infinity. It ended with everything tied up nicely at the end, while keeping things open for a potential sequel or spin-off series later on. This third season certainly did not disappoint me. I was expecting it to follow second season, which really was somewhat of a train wreck with terrible animation, dull colouring and pacing issues, but it seemed they learned from their mistakes and improved with this season. That said, there were some episodes that still looked pretty poor in the animation department this final arc, but the most important scenes were done pretty nicely for the most part. Most importantly, I'm super glad they brought back the original OST for this one, since nothing generates hype as much as Dragon Force as Natsu is getting fired up for another fight.

I still stand with season 1 being the best, but this last season, fortunately, didn't disappoint. Gets a solid 8/10 from me, only taking off points for some of the poorly done episodes and the last arc just not being as great as it could have been (though I blame the source material for this). Here's to hoping there will ever be a 100-years quest Fairy Tail anime in the future.
Oct 13, 2019 7:12 AM

Jan 2015
Very awesome show, sad that’s it’s finally over! First anime I ever watched when I started and made me a crazy anime lover. It’s been fun! (Hopefully they make the sequel manga an anime)
Oct 15, 2019 1:24 AM
Jan 2011
It's hard not to get emotional when a long running series ends. I kept thinking about my own life and everything that I've been through since the series started.

Flashbacks, Snow Fairy.

Yes, I cried.

No regrets.
Oct 19, 2019 8:48 AM

Jul 2009
The part were they listen about the baby of Levi was priceless!!!
Great ending, wish there was more so I could see Levy and Gajeel kid and more of Erza, coz she was the best thing in this!!!
Oct 21, 2019 8:09 PM
Oct 2017
I can't believe Fairy Tail is over :( My favorite anime has come to an end..... BUT, I will say this episode had everything that I wanted to see. I was even hoping for them to play Snow Fairy but I didn't think that they were going to, but they did! Brings back memories every time I listen to it. Love the nostalgia! Even though they didn't fully "confirm" the ships I was still happy with what they showed for each relationship. Though Gajeel and Levy set sail because they are having a baby!? I also really loved how everything worked out for all the other guilds such as Ichiya being the most handsome man and Jellal and Crime Sorcière being given amnesty. Jellal better go and Erza! Btw Laxus is a chad

Final thoughts for the whole series is I really enjoyed it all. Ive been watching fairy Tail since the beginning and I am happy about the way it ended. I loved all the awesome fights throughout all of Fairy Tail and all the happy and sad moments as well. I wish more ships could have set sail but what we were given is enough for me for now. All that is left is for them to give me more Fairy Tail and animate the 100 Year Quest!
My Candies:
Oct 21, 2019 8:27 PM

Sep 2017
You know the fight was garbage and the conclusion sucked but idc. I couldn't help but smile during that epilogue. And when Snow Fairy starting playing... oh man. Despite all the garbage, I still kinda love the characters. Fairy tail really is at it's best when it's just some friends goofing off and the stakes are low. FT was one of the first anime I watched when I started really getting into anime, and I liked the first season a lot. Still I can't let the nostalgia glasses fog my score too bad. 5/10

I'd seriously love a romcom/SoL spin off with like NatsuxLucy and GreyxJuvia.

Edit: And sure lets add GajeelxLevy to the mix.
Oct 22, 2019 1:27 AM
Jun 2019
Although you had your flaws thank you Fairy Tail for the amazing last few years. You always did manage to put a smile on my face.
Oct 22, 2019 5:52 AM
Jul 2009
I have such mixed feelings. It had a great ending but I'm sad that it's over T_T
I'm not a neko girl, I'm nyan-binary, hence the name
Yes I am an SJW.
No i will not scream at you for being a straight, white, cis, male.
I have important things to scream about and a finite amount of time in the day.
Feel free to talk to me, I only bite if you ask nicely :D
Oct 23, 2019 9:53 PM
Jul 2018
I don't think they would have brought up the 100 Year Quest if they didn't plan to animate it at some. Probably closer to when it's going to end, since I don't think it's going to be as anywhere near as long as the entire series was.
Oct 27, 2019 8:17 AM

Nov 2018
The ending was okay but felt rushed.
See you in 100 year quest.
Oct 27, 2019 8:40 PM
Apr 2015
Quite enjoyed the show and the ending but with how many times they have done redemption arcs and cop outs to deaths I kind of wish they had brought Irene back. Would not have been the first oh wait they didn't die scenarios in the show.
Nov 6, 2019 5:06 PM

Apr 2011
Good riddance! Finally done with this shit show. Blame the mangaka for this big failure!
Nov 11, 2019 10:01 AM
Sep 2019
So after watching from beginning till end I have to say that this series is definitely guilty of to much filler. The overall story is actually pretty great, the execution in the anime form is just not what it needed to be for me. Me being a stickler for romance also doesn't help because the authorr decide to not include it in this story. I understand that the story wasn't made to be about love but seriously why couldn't Natsu just show a sliver of emotion in the ending scene. FMA at the very least gave us some images of the future the brothers were going to have with their waifus.

All in all the series ultimately lost its overall rating from 7 to a 5.
Nov 11, 2019 11:47 AM

May 2018
Well... I knew this was going to happen from the start of the final series but...watching the fucked up ending pains me to death.
I really hoped for some closure which I didn't get *sigh*
at least...its some kind of happy ending, isn't it?

Nov 17, 2019 9:45 AM
Jan 2018
The popularity of the series was too much for the author I guess it should have ended after tower of heaven .

But the manga art is great though at least it's not censored
Nov 20, 2019 5:23 AM

Sep 2012
i have something important to tell u, aah never mind lets go i can tell u later

oh natsu ur juts a tease 😂😂😂
Nov 21, 2019 6:06 PM

Jul 2007
DlynK said:
If all you can do is trashtalking about the show why do you even bother to come here?
Wtf.
That was expected tho, taking advantage of the end of the series to come on the forums and puke their hate is a common habit from haters.
So I don't care too much.

ANYWAY.

They actually played Snow Fairy, you bastards, they managed to put some tears in my eyes. I love you and I hate you for that.

I won't do the usual nostalgia speech or write a long comment, I just want to say that I liked the show overall.
Yes there was downs, we know, but there were ups, and I enjoyed myself watching the show.

And this is the most important.

See ya, Fairy Tail!

Not really. its not so much hatred towards the series. Its because we are disappointed as fans and we have the right to be. We come on here and make this negative claims because we actually care bout the show. It had amazing potential in the beginning and everyone posting here were dedicated fans and committed to seeing this journey through to the end. I would not call those kinds of people trolls or just people that bash a series for no good reason. We are here providing that negative criticize because we are upset, we felt cheated that a project such as this went off the rails and absolutely went down hill fast. I will say it again, we are here because we are disappointed in this outcome/resolution especially after being committed for so many years following fairy tail.

It is like Game of thrones. Final Season. We are massive fans of GOT and was absolutely appalled and felt like the creators gave us a major dissserive to the whole rushed ending, so much so that there is a petition with 1 million 500,000 votes to "remake" the final season of the series. I would never call fans like that hateful fans. They are the truest most passionate fans and want to see there favorite series go out with a bang. Fairy tail is no different. I would love more than anything to have the story expanded upon and flesh out more things in the final arc, re-write the villain character arcs and connect previous plot points to give us a satisfying conclusion.
ArtimesGamerNov 21, 2019 6:15 PM

Nov 22, 2019 2:51 AM

May 2013
link9us said:
DlynK said:
If all you can do is trashtalking about the show why do you even bother to come here?
Wtf.
That was expected tho, taking advantage of the end of the series to come on the forums and puke their hate is a common habit from haters.

ANYWAY.

They actually played Snow Fairy, you bastards, they managed to put some tears in my eyes. I love you and I hate you for that.

I won't do the usual nostalgia speech or write a long comment, I just want to say that I liked the show overall.
Yes there was downs, we know, but there were ups, and I enjoyed myself watching the show.

See ya, Fairy Tail!

Not really. its not so much hatred towards the series. Its because we are disappointed as fans and we have the right to be. We come on here and make this negative claims because we actually care bout the show. It had amazing potential in the beginning and everyone posting here were dedicated fans and committed to seeing this journey through to the end. I would not call those kinds of people trolls or just people that bash a series for no good reason. We are here providing that negative criticize because we are upset, we felt cheated that a project such as this went off the rails and absolutely went down hill fast. I will say it again, we are here because we are disappointed in this outcome/resolution especially after being committed for so many years following fairy tail.

It is like Game of thrones. Final Season. We are massive fans of GOT and was absolutely appalled and felt like the creators gave us a major dissserive to the whole rushed ending, so much so that there is a petition with 1 million 500,000 votes to "remake" the final season of the series. I would never call fans like that hateful fans. They are the truest most passionate fans and want to see there favorite series go out with a bang. Fairy tail is no different. I would love more than anything to have the story expanded upon and flesh out more things in the final arc, re-write the villain character arcs and connect previous plot points to give us a satisfying conclusion.

I was talking about people who just came here to puke their guts out.

Actual fans deserve the right to complain about a series they love.
And truth to be told, I am one of em.

I like Fairy Tail. I love Fairy Tail.
This is the only series that I can watch and rewatch some episodes and never be bored with.

But since I am a fan and not a fanboy I do have complains. A lot.

Me too I was disappointed by the return of Lisanna.
Not her actual return, but the fact that Mashima didn't use her more often after her return.

Me too I was disappointed by Mashima's lack of backstory for Mystogan, one of the best characters in this entire series.

Me too I was disappointed by Mashima's lack of seriousness in certain threats.
Or his mania to not let Makarov die for example.

Me too I was disappointed by the final arc in general.

And me too I was VERY disappointed by the look of the 2014 and the 2018 animes.
Excellent charadesign, very good background, but horrible animations.
And especially disappointed with the 2018 where the animation studio didn't try to make a good anime. They just animated manga panels. I could remake the manga with the anime's frames if I wanted to.

And not just talking of the look of the anime, the studio didn't take any risks for the 2018 series.
At least in the 2014 series they did make an original -filler- arc (opinions on it don't matter here), added an episode with canon consequences, edited some parts of the story, added side-stories episodes and standalone filler episodes, and included FT Zero as part of the series.

And you may have noticed it, I didn't talk about fanservice.
Perception and definition of "fanservice" varies by people, and comes with different shapes and forms.
And I will not talk about it.
That said, I will not explain it here because this is not the right place, but there is a form of fanservice that I hate in the Fairy Tail 100 Years Quest manga. But some fans love it.
That's why I didn't talk about fanservice, because this is a topic that changes from fan to fan.

And above all, fanservice (in its "sexy" form) is the number one easy argument of the Fairy Tail haters and people who never really read/watched FT.

Conclusion:
My general impression of Fairy Tail?
I always describe it as "Good, but could have been way better".
I still like it, I still love it.
DlynKNov 22, 2019 2:58 AM
Nov 30, 2019 7:12 AM

May 2012
Well that sure was quite the ending! Really liked it actually, the good wrap up and closure yet open enough for some spinoff. Fairy Tail is all good and happy a year after defeating pretty much their worst enemies so yea that sure gives it a nice wrap up!

Those "reincarnations" were quite a nice take, and in general a good wrap! All in all a great final season if you ask me.
Dec 26, 2019 1:40 PM

May 2018
Fairy sphere looked like a rip off from dragon ball when Goku was building spirit bomb. All the people from earth were giving him their energy ,so same thing here. They could of tried a bit more ,but non the less fitting that the show ended.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2019 10:59 PM

Nov 2019
link9us said:
DlynK said:
Wtf.

ANYWAY.

See ya, Fairy Tail!

Umm, Not really
Mashima-Sensei said the series isn't supposed to be taken seriously,Also Mashima-Sensei at that time wanted to end Fairy Tail as quickly as possible.
The Sequel is much better They balanced Power Scaling , Each chapter is getting better , it's unpredictable , however seeing you giving it a 3 score to the sequel,
You've seen nothing from the sequel.
Also if you wanna complain about those final battles blame Edens Zero.
Hiro rushed them to create that manga.
btw I'm also a One Piece fan like you, Nice to meet you!
I apologize if my comment sounds rude.
I'm aware Hiro can create Epic conlusions like Tartaros.
MiraStraussFan99Dec 27, 2019 11:20 PM
Dec 27, 2019 11:31 PM

Nov 2019
BlazingYukine said:
Finally this trashy sshounen has been put to rest.
Fairy Tail is not only the worst shouen series ever but it's also one of the worst animes ever made.
Everything that went wrong with shounen happened in Fairy Tail.
I'm honestly glad this show is dead now.

0/10 Screw this franchise and everything that it stands for.

I hope you know that is your Opinion, I recommend the sequel manga it's a huge improvement , Power scaling is balanced , Unpreditable unlike the main series
The final battles here had some meaning and made sense which I'm sure I'm not alone.
Dec 28, 2019 5:04 AM

Dec 2013
Meh ending to a rubbish season.

At least best ship set sailed. Baby incoming!

Even though this season was a compete disaster I'm still going to miss this series.
Dec 29, 2019 1:49 AM

Nov 2013
DlynK said:

To do exactly that, duh.
You all need to watch Nami.

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What is the reason for so much hatred for fairy tail series ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Jan 29

49 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
May 6, 6:37 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 33 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 25, 2019

78 by Zorosuke_ »»
Apr 29, 2:12 AM

» Any theories ?

Mugiwarayaa___ - Mar 3

16 by MiraStraussFan99 »»
Mar 10, 9:33 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2019

60 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 9:13 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail: Final Series Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 30, 2019

38 by amlg »»
Jan 23, 8:56 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.