Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Hero Is Overpowered but Overly Cautious (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 25, 2020 5:18 PM

May 2015
God I love this series so much! XDDDDD. Re-watching this again is gonna be such a treat. You know the second you hear that gutair start playing you're in for a treat. I love that OP.
Yuritopia FTW!!!!!!!!! BANZAI TO YURI !!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov 3, 2020 5:52 AM

Nov 2018
Well pretty good episode to start with Cautious Hero. With Rista character that remind me with Aqua (At least Rista not useless) and Seiya that really cautious about almost everything that makes Rista annoyed. I hope Rista and Seiya will get character development in the end of anime.

Story try to makes Satire of General Isekai Anime, which is new experience for me, well hope it will good.

The Animation is good but can be better which make by White Fox that makes Re:Zero before.

The OP and ED is pretty generic so not much cacth fun with it.

Overall great first impression, Let's hope is gonna get better.
Yunohi-kunNov 3, 2020 5:56 AM
Nov 21, 2020 5:22 PM
Oct 2020
Holy shit, I don't remember myself laughing from any anime episode as hard as I did from this one ever before.
Seiya actually parodies the exact tactic I go for in strategy games often (FF3 traumatized me) and this only made the humor here even funnier!
Jan 4, 2021 7:19 PM

Jan 2017
Ristarte gives off huge Aqua vibes, I love it

Decent first ep, was pleasantly surprised that a Demon Lord General/King appeared on the very first ep LMAO
Jan 27, 2021 9:34 AM

Nov 2019
He's Naofumi, she's Aqua and they found Albedo
Feb 11, 2021 6:23 AM

Feb 2019
The Goddess's funnny expressions kill me hahaha

A really enjoyable anime.
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 11, 2021 8:53 AM

Jan 2017
I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

The facial expressions are too much..!!
(⁠☞⁠ ͡⁠°⁠ ͜⁠ʖ⁠ ͡⁠°⁠)⁠☞ YouTube @ The Pirate Collector ԅ⁠(⁠ ͒⁠ ⁠۝ ͒⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕤ
May 24, 2021 3:24 PM

Jul 2016
First episode and male MC is already a pain. It seems Ristarte will be the one who carries the show.
Jun 1, 2021 1:26 PM

Aug 2017
Looks like this isekai is self aware and try to play with their tropes. I like it.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 19, 2021 10:22 AM

Jul 2015
Hilarious start with out overly cautious (pain in the ass to work with) hero Seiya who doubts literally everything and background support goddess Rista. Gotta its good that the demon lord eis watchfull for the hero considering Seiya literally obliterated a mere slime without holding back.

Sep 22, 2021 12:16 PM

Apr 2013
That was a very funny first episode. So they make fun of the whole isekai trope by turning things around a bit. Ristarte reminds me a bit of Aqua, but Seiya is way more serious than the heroes you usually see. Great start.
Nov 6, 2021 4:40 PM

Feb 2014
Idk, Seiya can get pretty irritating by being so cautios that he slows things down too much, I also hope this won't get repetitive, the same joke can only get you so far.
On the other hand, I already love Ristarte.
Busty goddesses everywhere too.
I guess at the end he was actually right, you never know what enemies you could find, and a demon lord did show up.
PunkeroNov 6, 2021 4:47 PM
Nov 16, 2021 12:39 PM

Jul 2017
Need some time to kill so rewatching this and I have to say, this was a mixed bag of a start, but not horrendous at least. I'm not a fan generally of series like these that rely on one sole gimmick, like being overly cautious here or just having a smartphone like with "In Another World With my Smartphone" or just a comedy series like those teasing ones (Takagi-san) since it limits I believe the amount you could do with the series before it runs dry. Seiya already felt too excessive and over the top with the cautiousness where at some scenes, he wasn't that fun to watch at all. Did like him running away though near the end. Ristarte was by far the best aspect of the episode with Aki Toyosaki doing a great job with the wacky voice acting overall, but this kind of ordeal with Ristarte could also run dry really quickly in an episode or two if too repetitive. Some nice facial reactions though.

But hey, I liked this start much more than Shield Hero at least. That's something? This episode had some nice moments at times and didn't bore or frustrate me, although some moments the humor missed big time too and felt forced.
Jun 17, 2022 8:19 PM

Jul 2013
Hilarious first episode. The aspect of trying to over level and being over prepared reminds me a lot when I played Final Fantasy as a kid lol. Definitely heard a lot about this anime and also saw some clips on YT. Doesn't seem to be like the usual Isekai, but that can obviously change fast. Let's see how this will develop over the next couple episodes.

I almost forgot. OP is an absolute banger. Love it!
Natsu88Jun 17, 2022 8:31 PM

Aug 11, 2022 12:21 AM
Jun 2019
A pretty funny first episode. Gonna see if this gets better.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Nov 8, 2022 1:11 AM

Oct 2022
This show seems to have both a healthy amount of hilarity and plot.

High on the facial expression game, too!
Dec 23, 2022 12:21 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
hilarious the second half of the episode!! How many attacks he used to kill the slime? kekeke
Sep 1, 2023 4:22 PM

Sep 2014
I started this because I heard Rista was like the blue thing, but I actually find her way more agreeable than the MC. Dude is borderline obnoxious

I guess there was a reason why I didnt watch this when it way airing
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Sep 20, 2023 4:43 PM
Sep 2023
very good, anime aside it has very good moments of both humor and seriousness and I love it
Nov 4, 2023 11:28 AM

Jul 2022
what just happend.., I like Chaos Machima design ngl
Nov 30, 2023 5:41 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
As I saw a clip of this online, made me instantly want to re-watch this series so here I am.
I'm still enjoying this kind of comedy, the facial expression of Rista and this overly cautious hero blasting that slime more than necessary. This is gonna be a fun re-watch.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Jan 18, 3:50 PM

Jan 2008
Very mid start. Konosuba was far more entertaining.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Mar 31, 4:31 PM
Feb 2023
Stupid funny a lil ecchi. Perfect combination.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 9, 2019

179 by Beatnik »»
Jan 19, 2:49 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

273 by vicok »»
Dec 13, 2023 3:10 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 6, 2019

135 by Ayano_Kuma »»
Nov 8, 2023 4:57 AM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2019

208 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 7:51 PM

Poll: » Shinchou Yuusha: Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2019

94 by brunoyilli »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.