Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Oct 2, 2019 8:10 PM

May 2019
Intense last couple of minutes. I love the way that Kinro's character arc is developing.

We don't know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths.
As death comes to embrace you, you will realise what you are.
That's what death is, don't you think?

------------------------------------
Itachi Uchiha
Oct 3, 2019 7:21 AM
Jul 2019
I feel like Senku is going to win this all at the end of tournament. Can see Kinro getting disqualified btw, though I hope it won't, as it'll be kinda anticlimatic.
Oct 3, 2019 9:20 AM
Feb 2017
“Had science helped me conqueror my eyes, I would have surpassed your strength long ago”

I didn’t really like Kinro when he first appeared but he’s so cool now. The jokes in this one were probably the ones I enjoyed the most so far, especially Kohaku. “And you’re going to make Ruri-nee drink that?”.
Oct 3, 2019 9:12 PM

Jan 2017
I thought the episode was fun overall. The only thing is, and I really shouldn’t be so nit-picky about this, but why the heck do Kinrou and Suika have the same prescription that’s not how glasses work shfjjdks. But other than that, it was fun ain’t got no real complaints lol
Oct 5, 2019 9:55 AM

Oct 2017
jadedgalaxy said:
I thought the episode was fun overall. The only thing is, and I really shouldn’t be so nit-picky about this, but why the heck do Kinrou and Suika have the same prescription that’s not how glasses work shfjjdks. But other than that, it was fun ain’t got no real complaints lol

It's not the same, he can only see better with the lens than without. It `s not perfect.
Oct 5, 2019 10:07 AM

Jan 2017
Sr_N said:
jadedgalaxy said:

It's not the same, he can only see better with the lens than without. It `s not perfect.

I just found it amusing that lens crafted specifically for Suika’s eyes made it easier for Kinrou to see. Even between two people with glasses, putting on someone else’s prescription is radically different. Like, you can *see* better, sure, but it still distorts your vision and makes some people feel sick. So all I’m saying is it’s funny that their prescriptions are *close* enough that it’s not an issue. I know it’s for the sake of convenience and it’s an anime so it doesn’t really have to make total sense but just because two people need glasses doesn’t mean putting someone else’s glasses will make it easier to see. (y’know, especially since each lens is different) So yeah, it’s not perfect, but it’s still close enough that he isn’t really bothered by it. That’s what I was commenting on.
Oct 5, 2019 3:02 PM

Oct 2013
Hard work and intensive planning finally pays off! They need only alcohol to finish a medicament to cure Ruri's illness.

I loved comedy scenes that appeared in this episode, especially Ginro's parts. And hey, that's all he will show during this tournament... xD Just wait.

Suika throwing her mask and Kinro getting it right on his head was epic. It looked even better in its animated version, all thanks to marvelous atmosphere, epic music and dynamic visuals. Atmosphere created by mixing these elements exceeded my expectations, and they were quite high, as for I really liked this scene and the whole arc.

It'd be wise to expect that soon we can expect a new opening, as for a half of the season's episodes were released.
Oct 6, 2019 9:36 PM
Oct 2012
Suika is one of the best supporting characters in recent anime, it saddens me that most people got their eyes stuck on the bland, stoic waifu.
Oct 6, 2019 11:00 PM
Jun 2019
Suika is so cute ahhh
hello

Oct 6, 2019 11:08 PM

Jun 2019
Science vs Muscle
The winner is science.

That OP not so good as first one.
Oct 11, 2019 8:24 PM

Dec 2013
Senku and Ginro being devious together was beautiful.

Science team has some horrible luck!

I love Kinro with Suika's mask.
Oct 15, 2019 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
that was so fucking retarded, so why was it so exciting?? great episode.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 16, 2019 10:04 PM

Feb 2015
After getting the sulfuric acid, Senku used his instruments to get hydrochloric acid, chlorosulfuric acid and sodium hydroxide, next they needed alcohol, so decided to win the competition to get it. The competition is being prepared, Senku entered to the village as a competitor and when Ruri heard about him, she approached and asked him his last name, then she fainted. The pairings were revealed with Kinro vs. Magma first, Senku was developing a beverage, so Suika helped him going to the river for some plants (Mantle followed her). Mantle arrived asking for help to save Suika (trying to make Kohaku lose her turn), Kohaku ended going to check Suika who was tied to a tree. Kinro started his combat against Magma proving that their strength is equal, but he was losing in the distance, Suika broke free and arrived to the combat, she noticed Kinro’s difficulty to watch, so she lent him her helmet, becoming equal with Magma.

I had mixed feelings for the episode, sometimes it was smart, others really funny, but others really stupid. Chrome’s training and Senku suggesting to dope was very funny, but man, the decision to go check Suika even if you know is not true and the scene of Suika throwing her helmet, wtf.
Atlas77Oct 17, 2019 10:11 PM
Oct 30, 2019 8:47 AM
Jan 2018
Ruri knows senkus last time huh
Nov 24, 2019 4:12 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I was seriously hopeless that they would ever win without having to cheat. It seems all that Kinro needed was a push from science. I wonder what will happen to all of that planning now.
It seems that it's most likely that the priestess was revived somehow, she was probably a classmate of Senku's?
The episode was hilarious.
Dec 8, 2019 1:06 PM

Aug 2017
Kinro with that watermelon helmet was hilarious lol.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Dec 16, 2019 5:50 PM
Jun 2017
That Kinro's JoJo pose was perfect ^^
Dec 20, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2015
Kinro being able to fit the watermelon on his head is obviously stupid (it seemed maybe a tad big for Suika but not so overly-large that it could fit an adult male with a head like Kinro's) but other than that pretty good episode.

Lol at the pissing scene, and lol at the explosion behind Kinro when he put on the helmet.
observing a woman's body
Dec 23, 2019 5:42 AM

Mar 2015
LOL that scene with Kinro and the helmet with the fire behind was actually awesome!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 4, 2020 8:44 PM

Mar 2009
Bruh. The ending of this episode was so good. I love Dr. Stone.
Jan 7, 2020 7:04 PM

Mar 2016
I honest-to-goodness laughed out loud when those two ended up being paired up first + everyone's reactions to it. This anime is so great.
"Wonder is always difficult until you forgive whoever destroyed your love of surprises"  Edmond Manning

Jan 9, 2020 3:11 PM
Feb 2018
A very fun episode. Kinro had the power of science to win that fight. That was great.
Mar 20, 2020 9:11 AM

Feb 2013
He's invincible now!
Mar 25, 2020 7:31 PM

Apr 2016
Lmao that pissing scene!

Hmm, so Ruri and Senkuu are connected somehow. I wonder what their relationship is. That power boost of Kinro's was nice! I still can't help but feel like he's still gonna lose though.
Jun 12, 2020 8:27 AM

Sep 2017
Seeing Magma getting beat was refreshing
خ
Jun 15, 2020 8:37 PM

Aug 2018
lmao kinro wearing suika's mask was just perfect

Jun 15, 2020 9:30 PM

Jul 2013
The hell is up with that transformation ala power ranger lol! This episode is hilarious
Oct 21, 2020 6:30 AM

Jul 2020
Kinro with the watermelon glasses looks so funny lmao
Dec 8, 2020 9:17 AM

May 2015
SUIKA IS THE MVP!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 8, 2020 9:17 AM

May 2015
SUIKA IS THE MVP!!!!!!!!!!
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Jan 13, 2021 8:16 AM

Oct 2016
Yo, Kinro with the watermelon helmet glasses looks badass as fuck. I don't know how but, he made that shit look badass.

It was hilarious when Kohaku was reacting to those dangerous chemicals lmao.

I hate Mantle with every fiber of my being, glad that Magma got a fucking beatdown he deserved though.
Apr 4, 2021 9:38 AM

Dec 2020
kinro t amo, ya era hora de que resuelvan lo de su vista x dio
Jun 26, 2021 9:54 PM

Jun 2020
Seems like Ruri knows something about the past. I wonder if it were so simple as she was passed down stories to.

L O L when they were hoping so hard that Kinrou wouldn’t go up against Magma at the start........BUT HE DID LOLOLLLLL THOSE FACES

Suika saves the day!!!!!!! She’s the cutest. And Kinrou actually looked so cool with the mask lololll

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Dec 3, 2021 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
Is it just me or is this episode absolutely hilarious? I couldn’t stop laughing the entire time. Love the comedy in this show
Dec 20, 2021 5:07 AM

Dec 2007
the moment taiju kinda left the plot the comedy is only getting better lol.

the last scenes were epic.
Dec 28, 2021 7:59 AM

Jul 2021
Ruri apparently knew Senku somehow... Is it related to those tales that are passed down from generation to generation? I'm really looking forward to finding out more about the story that's in this anime.
asdasdsadad
Feb 26, 2022 12:11 PM

May 2020
Kohaku you need not to worry, Ruri won't drink anything like that xD

Also even this series is familiar with the charms of tournaments and all, and so good to see Kinro being the MVP towards the end.
Jul 4, 2022 10:52 AM

Mar 2022
Great, he too got his vision back.
Jan 10, 2023 8:26 AM
Jan 2023
I like that the series knows how to work with humor and action at the same time and combines them with each other.
<
Feb 8, 2023 12:47 PM

Jan 2021
Hey look! It's Post Melon!
Apr 27, 2023 9:40 AM

Jan 2019
What a great show, disappointed that I've been sleeping on it for so long! It's super rare for a show to have a loud child character that doesn't annoy me, and I can't believe I'm this hyped about a melon helmet landing on a character's head.

Aug 27, 2023 8:38 AM

Dec 2022
Very good episode
Oct 27, 2023 8:40 PM

Oct 2023
This is perhaps the finest currently ongoing shonen series I've seen in quite awhile. I thought the overall pacing was lagging behind ever so slightly, but everything I anticipated and more has happened to keep the plot moving in an incredibly dynamic way. This episode, I feel, is sort of the peak of all that forward momentum we've had slowly building across this arc.

I'm hooked.

Nov 19, 2023 4:52 AM

Aug 2022
Forget Super Saiyan, folks! We've got GLASSES!!!

The moment Kinro got that mask, it was so over the top that I got literal chills. It was just fantastic—I loved it!

This anime has this knack for getting us hyped about real (albeit normal now) science stuff. First, it was electricity, and now glasses! The music, the posing, the epic speech, and even the background commentary—everything was on point.

The comedy in this episode was downright glorious. Ginro and Senku violently licking Kinro? Amazing. And Chrome's dedicated nut-kicking practice? Glorious XD

But hold up, Ruri knowing Senku's name got me itching to dive into the manga. I knew priestesses know some ancestral stuff, but SPECIFICALLY SENKU!? Could Ruri and Kohaku be his distant relatives? The curiosity is killing me, but I'll try my best to hang on for the rest of the season. Pray for me, haha!
Dec 1, 2023 12:10 AM

Nov 2023
THey finally got what they aimed for! Hurray!
Feb 20, 9:08 PM
Dec 2022
HE HAS MADE IT ON THE STONE YIPPEEE
how does ruri know senku
kinro better L MAGMA L MAGMA
grand bout kinro vs magma kinro solos

LMAOOOO gremlin guy

suika better kinro got bad eyesight too b
KINRO FUNNY MASK hes better

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 5, 2019

486 by Luban1 »»
Mar 18, 8:08 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.