Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 28, 2019 5:09 AM

May 2018
Oh man its over!
I loved this show from start to fnish, never stopped making me laugh and I loved Momo and Shamiko.

Shamiko asking Momo to be her vassal was so daaamn cute
This is not your planet to rule. The Fallen shall rise again.
Sep 28, 2019 8:11 AM
Aug 2017
GANBARE SHAMIKO!! GET A SECOND SEASON ASAP!!!!!

i want more L O R E revelations please, this anime isnt just your usual CGDCT of the season, oh no, this is so much more

Ito sensei please entertain us with S2 aaaaaaaa
Sep 28, 2019 9:48 AM

Jun 2019
Just I expected before. The ending will be fine both for Momo and Shamiko.

So sad that Shamiko not to be together again with ancestor sama. Hope shamiko will find her next time.

Really enjoyed in each minutes from all episodes.

Solid 9/10
Sep 28, 2019 10:10 AM

Jun 2013
The scuttling ancestor statue gag was one of the funniest things I've seen this season. Gets me every time.
Sep 28, 2019 4:12 PM

Oct 2008
Such a pleasant beautiful season ender episode!
hope theres S2!
5/5.

Sep 28, 2019 6:25 PM

Dec 2018
there's just so much explanation of complicated things in this anime that I never had a huge grasp on the intricacies of the world. It just left me completely lost in the comedy half of the anime, so I feel like I only really connected to one half of the anime.

I winded up dropping the score from a 7 to a 5 after completing it because of that.
Sep 29, 2019 7:20 AM

Feb 2017
the show was good, but the humor slowly weaken and the only thing left are cuteness and relationship progress.
idk if is should give this a 7 or 8

nonetheless, the audio department was amazing, i literally play it audio only and do something else like playing game, studying or anything on my desk
evonieeSep 29, 2019 7:24 AM

MAL score and most user-based rating system are all joke, Imagine trusting plebs and hivemind. Find users who have good sense and rating and use them as a reference. Check my guide to rate
Your taste is trash. Cope, seethe, mald
Sep 30, 2019 8:25 PM

Jul 2015
And thus, outside of a slight bit of development for their relationship, literally nothing has changed. Which is fine, I like where this anime currently sits. It was surprisingly fun despite it's odd delivery and somewhat poor quality in places, and one of my tops of the season.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Oct 1, 2019 7:47 AM
Jan 2018
When did is stay the narrator was her dad was it because he said Yuko at the end

Anyway found it pretty funny in some places and made me smile throughout and was alot of fun in the end .

Shame it only started revealing stuff in the last two episodes ,

Hopefully we see more of momo and Yuko but i doubt we will might look at the manga at some point after catching up on the series I'm reading atm.

7/10
Mattinator95Oct 1, 2019 7:54 AM
Oct 2, 2019 7:09 PM

Mar 2016
Really straightfoward, just like Urara meirochou but without some sort of fancy fansevice.

Things that always caught my attention on this show is about the usage of 8-bit sound effect lol.

Oct 4, 2019 8:48 PM

Jul 2014
Watched this on a whim without any expectations so I'm surprised at how good this show is. I cant believe I almost blew it off as just another moe anime without giving it a fair chance.

As far as the CGDCT anime go, Machikado Mazoku is definitely top tier for how it has actual plot and character development along with plenty of cuteness and comedy you would expect from the genre.

Between that and the amazing VA performances, hella cute art style, and ridiculously good animation (I cant get over how this is 10x better looking than J.C Staff's bigger titles), I would say its one of the best shows of the season. It certainly beats a ton of other series that are more popular or hyped by the community, and this is coming from a shounentard.
Oct 5, 2019 5:49 AM
Jan 2017
its very hearth warming anime, the slice of life being demon was very cute but the ending its not satisfying for me i mean that still had many left to tell..
and just ending with the letter and end with discommunication.. and i even not realize that the final episode,,
7/10
Oct 13, 2019 10:12 PM
Sep 2018
Second season!! There should be a second season!!
Oct 16, 2019 7:29 PM

Dec 2013
So sweet and laid back, we need more shows like this and Endro!
Oct 17, 2019 4:08 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Adorable finale to what has been a fun ride overall!

Shamiko's request to Momo to become her vassal was so kawai~ Lol, of course Momo would catch up to the Ancestor's little tricks though. Seriously though, I'm sure the Ancestor and that dog have a special bond by now xD. Chiyo's little bit with Momo was really nice too but that final scene as a result of the misunderstanding and the wicked letter was just gold as a whole! I'm definitely going to miss this show ;-;

By far, my favourite J.C. Staff show of the Summer season lol. I was expecting some more plot after last episodes' revelations in all honesty but well here's to hoping this gets a sequel someday to cover that!

Shamiko and Momo's relationship has easily been the highlight of the show but I really loved the side-characters too, especially Shamiko's mother, Ryo, the best friend & the Ancestor. Comedy was gold as well all the way through so a thumbs up from me on this regard! I really liked the unusual ED visuals honestly and the Op was pretty good too as well as the soundtrack so that's another department done well! Animation quality was surprisingly great as well, certainly didn't expect this to happen.

Over all, a well deserved 8/10 from me!

#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Oct 19, 2019 8:32 AM

Aug 2018
Damn, Yuuko is suddenly so seducing.. And not in sexy way, but just seducing in inviting Momo to turn to demonic side, become "kinzoku".. I like Yuuko like that.. She was made fun previously, and I like when Yuuko actually is able to be smart girl..
But yes.. It's better, if Momo stays with powers as magical girl and helps in this form.. But.. In the end I think this seducing of Yuuko made them both closer together.. As.. As they kinda were really ready to become family.. Just it would be inconvenient as Momo would lose her powers, but she was still totally into that idea otherwise.. So.. I feel they'll work well together.. ;p They kinda are as a family now, really.. It's just inconvenient to actually become one, but they behave like they are one.. ;p
So in the end Yuuko becomes Momo's seducer, and they'll search for Momo's sister and way to free Yuuko's father.. I like this.. ;P And like that they're almost family now.. ;p
Overall, great anime, had lots of fun, and relationships turned better.. Momo's and Yuuko's relationship has a lot to it now.. Caring for each other, working on common goal, and most of all the bizarre playfulness and maybe even feelings of wanting to be together.. I like that we arrived at this point, though at start Yuuko was bullied a bit too much.. But it made Yuuko becoming smarter and having more mental strength - it made it more endearing and important, that Yuuko changed for the better.. Yuuko deserved development, and she got it.. Overall, again, enjoyed anime much.. ;p Though, poor Yuuko at times.. But it makes me care more for her..
Oct 20, 2019 4:16 AM

Apr 2015
In many ways Shamiko(and Kokochan) carried the show, she's so so lovable and lively, a once in a season gem of a character.

Conversely Shamiko weighs down the show in serious arcs- she's so 'innocent', ridiculous and her vain arrogant demon character ruins things a lot.

Up to the end the two mains have a strange relationship, with so much potential of serious conflict that it's hard to completely invest in their apparently positive SOL relationship.

A bit of a shame. Could have been much better, much more wholesome and dynamic and fun a SOL...feels like it was wasted a bit on weak drama. Some more good supporting characters would have been helpful too. 5/10
Oct 21, 2019 10:50 PM

Feb 2011
This show was a hidden gem. I wish i had watched it while it aired but i binged it hard this week

super funny and yuko is adorable

i love her tail

Oct 26, 2019 1:30 PM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Scootboi said:
This show was a hidden gem. I wish i had watched it while it aired but i binged it hard this week

super funny and yuko is adorable

i love her tail

Don’t worry, it’s never too late to join Shami’s legion! Heh-heh-heh-triple-heh!!! 😈
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Oct 28, 2019 2:29 PM
Dec 2014
Yuuko is adorable as ever, was a really great anime imo. The comedy was also great.
Nov 15, 2019 4:27 AM
Jul 2018
Absolutely love the show, one of the best cute comedy i had for a long while that works!

The pacing can be quite fast for those aren't good at listening like me, before i can glimpse at the cuteness of Momo and Shamiko after skimmed thought the subs the screen had already switched. Which at a point i grew tired to read and go with listening only, that don't always work but the pacing isn't bad at all if i can understands with listening only. Unfortunately it does exhaust me greatly but that's my fault for being suck at Japanese.

Last note, definitely want a Season 2+ if possible.
removed-userNov 15, 2019 4:32 AM
Nov 21, 2019 6:59 PM

Mar 2014
Ohmygod her dad was adorable!

I hope he gets out of that box in the next season. Love the twist that he gave Shamiko her first "ganbare Shamiko" line when she was little and sickly.
Nov 26, 2019 8:38 PM

Jul 2011
What a gem of a show. Something about it caught my eye and I'm so glad I decided to give the show a try. Would love to see a second season announced soon. <3

Also, easy AOTS despite having only seen a couple of shows for the season. No question about that.
MashtaNov 26, 2019 8:47 PM
Dec 1, 2019 2:00 PM
Aug 2014
Yuuko's mom is hooooooooooot
Dec 25, 2019 8:18 AM

Apr 2017
Love this show <3
Adorbs ending~

This needs a season 2 ;-;
10/10 would highly recommend
Jan 6, 2020 10:07 AM
Apr 2019
Holy shit.. narrator is her dad the wholetime...

Need s2 for more shamiko

10/10
Jan 30, 2020 12:14 AM

May 2012
Quite a fun and enjoyable anime, the fights, the comedy and just in general daily life aspect with this Demon and magical girl concept was pretty hilarious!

Quite enjoyed watching this as it sure had a lovely and smooth feeling over the whole anime, especially how the normally supposed to be archenemies to become really close!

The ending is rather open, but I couldn't really expect much more of this kind of anime really.

Still quite liked it!
Feb 1, 2020 1:51 PM

Jul 2009
I just wish there was more! It was so fun to watch 7/10
Feb 17, 2020 10:54 PM

Nov 2013
Shamicen was as scheming as ever. But I would like to see Momo as a vassal of Yuko in the future.

They have both come a long way.

That was probably the friendliest and nicest challenge letter of all time. The fight continues.

You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Apr 9, 2020 7:30 PM

Apr 2014
really enjoyed this and really hoping it gets a season 2 sometime soon
"one step at a time"
Apr 30, 2020 7:36 AM

Feb 2019
Lol at momo's cruelty towards shamisen.

Definitely gonna miss this show especially shamiko's cute remarks like "Don't think this means you've won" and "Ganbare Shamiko" from the narrator.
Sep 3, 2020 1:47 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yeah, the sadness of Momo felt pretty hard to realised that somehow made her fateful meet with Yuuko just came wrong from their very first beginning. However, its served as a delicious encounters that bring them into the actual meaning of peace, between the dark and light clan, on that ridiculous city. What Momo's older sister believed about the true meaning of peace, somehow tried to be passed down her knowledge onto Momo herself, by uniting Momo with Yuuko. Eventhough there was always a burden, like Yuuko ancestor's trap, and else, its just an easy way to got a better peaceful life.

Oh, wow, its so simple, light hearted conclusion, and indeed just full of relaxation meaning in the far end. At least its just turned out to be good, as expected, easy ti predicted this kind of show SoL thay always led a simplicity over their plot. So, yeah, they went back to zero. But, its clear to added some new objective and quests to their complex relations. For the one and only sake of peaceful life, for the sake of family reason, for the sake of Shamiko's poor life to get better, and, for the sake of a great friendship between them. The two types of girls which were contradicting each other.

But actually they really needed each others too. How sweet, right? Its simple, solid ending, yet its so easy to be following up, and ofc more funny story to be wrapped up on their next storyline! As expected as usual SoL type with highly marked as CGDCT theme of show by adding some yuri vibes, magic power level, and general fantasy hype on it. So, yeah, i am satisfied with this 'introduction'.

Also, Ryo seems more mature with the revelations of her father. Or, she just fantasizying the whole new story about that? I just laughing hard with that thing. The mom end word gave more teased for the next season. I can wait for it! And the last mentioned, about that letter! It just looks like a love letter instead of a challenge letter, for me! Lmao. What a typical misunderstanding in the end just solidified my burst of laughed!

Just when i thought it can turned out into a confession matter of scenes. But, oh, well. What kind of hope i had about their pureness, there? Nothing. Its just full of cuteness!

9/10 as my usual and so standard scores on my CGDCT collection. Its solidified my satisfaction too that no need for me to explain such a thing on its progress. Its also bring a good laugh to me. So, yeah, no doubt about it. I can't wait for the next season. So, yeah, thats it!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Sep 7, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2018
Lore and mystery here is what sold me now. 8/10

Also narrator = shamiko's dad? DEEPEST LORE
Sep 18, 2020 10:13 PM

Nov 2015
I'm glad someone recommended this to me. It's certainly not the deepest thing you'll ever watch, but it's fun and lighthearted, and while not taking itself too seriously manages to have good characters.

I hope one day we'll see more about how things shake out. If there's an S2, I'd watch it.
Risk something, take back what's yours
Say something they know they might attack you for.
--Linkin Park, "Hands Held High"
Feb 3, 2021 9:48 PM

Nov 2019
Usually shows that feature a poverty theme tend to get pretty mean-spirited, intentionally or not. Shockingly enough this show both handles it pretty well and actually resolves the issue partway through.

The end result is a consistently entertaining parody that also works as a sort of inversion to the classic 'loner protagonist finds an inexplicably interested cute girlfriend' genre.
Mar 26, 2021 1:57 PM

Feb 2020
Sweet ending. They'll be the best friends forever. <3

Overall, this was a very good show.

The fast dialogue really bothered me and there were some moments when the show was bombarding us with the information so fast that it was difficult to process everything. Those were the biggest flaws in my opinion.

SerafosDec 23, 2023 3:47 AM
Jul 5, 2021 7:10 AM
Jan 2017
This show is somewhere between an 7-8/10 for me. I liked the characters and it was pretty funny at times but feel it coooulda been a bit better in the ending. still Im excited to see more form season 2 ^^
Dec 27, 2021 12:03 PM

Jul 2016
So many revelations yet Yuuko's mom being a shotacon who stopped aging was the one that shocked me the most lol.

Pretty cute and lighthearted series overall.

7/10 - Looking forward to that second season in April.
Apr 16, 2022 2:41 AM

Sep 2018
Not too bad at all, though pretty average for a wholesome CGDCT anime in my books.

- The main cast are great, the supporting are uninteresting.
- Pacing was very erratic
- Comedy was very hit or miss, especially when it came to Yuuko's antics.
- Momo and Yuuko's relationship was the highlight of the anime.

I will definitely check out season two though, 7/10.
May 9, 2022 3:29 PM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a nice way to end this great show, so even after all of that backstory and plot, not much has actually changed between Momo and Shamiko lol, I wouldn’t have it any other way, loved the final scene too where Momo misunderstood the point of the meeting, you could probably still fight in that cute outfit lol. And with how I accidentally thought season 2 was a brand new show, I believe this is exactly how it opens up, cool that it picks up right where we left off here.

I’m glad to have finally watched this show from Summer 2019, a nostalgic season with some real banger anime but I didn’t pick this one for some reason lol, this woulda been a great one to watch weekly but at least I finally got to it after seeing Season 2, and what a show this was.

It has so much great SoL goodness as well as great comedy, and with the mix of plot points and style of comedy I found this to be a pretty unique SoL, it’s definitely a very memorable one with lots of fun characters, I never got tired of Momo and Shamiko’s moments, as well as the addition of Mikan, even the ancestor and her statue were hilarious, all of the side characters were great too. And I can’t forget to mention the OP and ED, both very cute sounding as well as being great jams, and the visuals for both were great and fitting for the show, I especially loved the goofiness of the ED lol. And with that I guess I’m ready for Season 2 this Spring season, definitely excited to hop back into this world.
May 30, 2022 9:42 PM

Jan 2019
This show had absolutely no right to be as adorable as it was.

I started this looking for a light gag anime, and found a story with surprising depth and complexity, despite the (literally) simply protagonist.

Honestly? I'm surprised this doesn't get more love. Real diamond in the rough.
Jun 15, 2022 4:18 PM

Mar 2008
Not sure what to think about the non-ending ending to be honest. I guess I'm a little disappointed. I'd read all 84 translated manga chapters before starting and wasn't sure where they were going to end it as it's extremely episodic until you get deeper in. I have no idea where I would have ended the season but ending it as soon as the story entered it's first major continuing plot felt awkward to me. Had I watched this when it came out instead of now I'd probably have rated it lower, but considering they finally got around to making a second season I'll give the show a solid 7. They ended the show at the moment where the manga started to become harder and harder to put down. So I'm looking forward to watching season 2. Surprised it took 3 years for a sequel. Waiting for season 2 to end before I watch it.
QuintessenceJun 15, 2022 4:22 PM
Jun 18, 2022 6:13 AM
Aug 2021
Really had fun watching this show.
The final few episodes of season 1 marked a progression in terms of the actual plot and hinted some interesting
It has the theme of mahou shoujo stuffs, without being heavy or depressing at any moment.
It has good moe fluff, yuri bait moments, but the show does not give an empty feel, as the characters are the main characters and the chemistry between them are developed further starting from their original settings.
It created so many good cute/comedic moments, some of the repeated catch phrases, cutscenes, background music, had been stuck in my head for a while even after finishing this show.
It is a show that is not too serious while not being not too not serious, if that makes sense in any way.
Apr 1, 2023 6:15 PM

Mar 2022
I really don't know what to say but I really liked this show. I went into this without knowing what to expect and it turned out to be a hidden gem. I've really enjoyed the dynamic between Yuko and Momo as it provided an interesting concept, it's a nice lighthearted slice of life show I definitely laughed a lot with the comedy and the likeable characters were really good as well, it's a show that didn't take itself seriously and seeing as I know there's a season 2 I will happily go after when I'm good and ready. I feel like the ending is open ended so it doesn't feel like it's concluded already. Overall this was a pleasant surprise and I feel like it was consistently funny throughout. 8/10.
Aug 10, 2023 6:59 PM

Sep 2018
This episode had a lot less comedy than previous episodes, but it set up a heartwarming conclusion for this season. Loved Yuko`s ancestor as usual. I would give this episode a 4/5 though the anime a 9/10. Loved the cast! I guess one strange thing is that no real threat was ever shown for the city despite that being a major reason for yuko to train. Glad a s2 exists!

(Also this series sold me on getting a scale Yuko figure) lol
rohan121Aug 10, 2023 7:02 PM
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Nov 2023
Awww what a cute way of happening in this show was
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 19, 2019

38 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:52 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:51 PM

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2019

36 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2019

33 by WELLERM »»

Poll: » Machikado Mazoku Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2019

35 by WELLERM »»
Dec 16, 2023 5:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.