Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 26, 2019 3:27 AM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Well to be expected Tokitou and Genya die. They fought well their sacrifice is neccesary.

Well I really want too see more koku backstory not sure If they will.

Seem like Genya, koku and Mist is dead for sure now. Koku took out one pillars and one pseudo demon while the other moon could only take out one. Akaza could kill Tanjirou and Giyu If he didn t kill himself possibly more pillars after that

PrideRoyalIvySep 26, 2019 11:34 PM

Sep 26, 2019 4:27 PM
Feb 2017
awful, sob sob sob sob , hiks hiks
Sep 26, 2019 11:18 PM

Jan 2015
What the actual fuck? Even Genya died? I’m so sad. His entire character is heartbreaking honestly. He was misunderstood as the aggresive-type of character from the beginning, but once we got to know more of him, he has been such a good companion to Tanjirou and others.
And when he was finally be able to show off his power and make up with his brother Sanemi, he dies.
WHAT THE FUCK? He had grown on me A LOT. He’s such a tragic character to my eyes

And well, Muichirou’s death was to be expected

Ffs Gotouge

Anyway, outstanding chapter.
Sep 27, 2019 12:18 AM

Apr 2018
Looks like he can still regenerate his head just like muzan and akaza but eh he's dead now thanks to tokito's sword (i assume)

RIP kokushibo, tokito, genya, and possibly himejima too. I wonder who's next, iguro maybe? That would be a surprise, Just like rengoku, died in his first Uppermoons fight lol.
Sep 27, 2019 8:14 AM

Oct 2017
i refuse to believe that tokito is dead...

sometimes i do think that the crocodile's sensei kills these characters too fast.

tokito is reasonable cuz we have seen his backstory and i somehow can see how he changes a little bit. but genya? i mean we know his backstory already but still not really get into or know his character development at all.

the way he kills the characters too fast before the readers get into the characters or know them more is disturbing me a lot.
Sep 27, 2019 4:45 PM
Aug 2019
WOW! honestly Demon Slayer really makes you care about the Side Characters alot. Glad to see that the author really thought through with the Tatics to defeat Upper Moon One. Sad to see the death of Genya and Tokito.. man... amazing chapter.
Sep 28, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2018
I can't find the chapter anywhere, where did you find it?
Sep 28, 2019 8:07 AM

Jun 2016
Rider9530 said:

I can t send you link I just do this.
PrideRoyalIvySep 28, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 28, 2019 11:03 AM

Aug 2012
So apart from Muzan only the biwa demon is still alive and I suppose the two pillars will defeat her. We are getting close to the end people!
Jfs_ said:
Looks like he can still regenerate his head just like muzan and akaza but eh he's dead now thanks to tokito's sword (i assume)

RIP kokushibo, tokito, genya, and possibly himejima too. I wonder who's next, iguro maybe? That would be a surprise, Just like rengoku, died in his first Uppermoons fight lol.

He could but based on the raw translation he did not. He died. We can see him decomposing after he gets his head cut off again
Rider9530 said:

https://demonslayermanga.com/chapter/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-176/
Sep 28, 2019 6:58 PM

Sep 2007
About this chapter.
From the raw, you see he look at the sword and saw "how ugly he became" ...
And i think he just wanted to die ... So it's why he didn't regenerate his head and his corpse.
Sep 29, 2019 3:03 AM

Jun 2014
damn, RIP tokitou and genya...

Sep 29, 2019 3:22 AM
Aug 2016
I'm kinda disappointed by the first upper moon. Not his backstory, just him as an Upper moon. I guess Akaza and Douma did much better.
Sep 29, 2019 3:40 AM

May 2015
fantastic,amazing,outstanding chapter this series have the potential to become my favorite battle shonen ever,fucking sanemi crying,koku seeing the beast he become in the blade,one of the best chapter of the manga,behold the potential of the humans,they don't have limits,this manga is too good.
rip tokito and genya.
nanashi796Jun 20, 2023 4:59 AM
Sep 29, 2019 4:32 AM
Jun 2019
Does anyone know where can I read the translated manga? I'm unable to find it.
Sep 29, 2019 4:33 AM
Jun 2019
Hebi_op said:
I'm kinda disappointed by the first upper moon. Not his backstory, just him as an Upper moon. I guess Akaza and Douma did much better.

Akaza has one of the best backstories out there, but Doma is just meh at least in my opinion. Same goes for Koku.
Sep 29, 2019 4:36 AM

Apr 2018
English is out, this is indeed an amazing chapter. And kokushibo is such a good character.
Hebi_op said:
lol no douma didnt do better than UM1. Douma died and only able to take shinobu with him, and he failed to kill kanao and inosuke in a 1 vs 2 fight which is dumb as fuck . While UM1 fought against 3 strongest pillars with a mark, and 1 marked half-demon (genya) and with that he got 1vs4'd by them yet he still able to take genya and tokito with him.
Sep 29, 2019 4:37 AM
Apr 2014
Ah shit the casualties keeps increasing..
Sep 29, 2019 4:43 AM
Aug 2016
Jfs_ said:
English is out, this is indeed an amazing chapter. And kokushibo is such a good character.
Hebi_op said:
lol no douma didnt do better than UM1. Douma died and only able to take shinobu with him, and he failed to kill kanao and inosuke in a 1 vs 2 fight which is dumb as fuck . While UM1 fought against 3 strongest pillars with a mark, and 1 marked half-demon (genya) and with that he got 1vs4'd by them yet he still able to take genya and tokito with him.

I don't think i ever talked about how many pillars or people did you kill. I'm talking about everything in general,fights, characters ecc.

I mean, otherwise why would i give Douma some props when he killed my favorite character in the manga (even if Shinobu basically killed himself tho..)?

And maybe i was exaggerating with the word "disappointed". I just expected something more from the UM1 i guess.
Sep 29, 2019 4:47 AM

May 2015
i prefer koku over akaza and douma,he has better development.
Sep 29, 2019 5:00 AM

Jun 2016
Hebi_op said:
Jfs_ said:

I don't think i ever talked about how many pillars or people did you kill. I'm talking about everything in general,fights, characters ecc.

I mean, otherwise why would i give Douma some props when he killed my favorite character in the manga (even if Shinobu basically killed himself tho..)?

And maybe i was exaggerating with the word "disappointed". I just expected something more from the UM1 i guess.

no Douma didnt do Better UM1. UM1 did better in fight thats a fact. The fact he took out Tokitou and Genya Is better than Douma. Who out of top three moon fail the worst. Akaza would kill both Tanjirou and Giyu but his humanity save those two.

Sep 29, 2019 5:01 AM

Apr 2018
Hebi_op said:
oh i thought you was talking about which one is did better in a fight.

same for me then, i expected more from douma, yet he failed to kill kanao and inosuke.
Sep 29, 2019 7:52 AM

Mar 2018
Don't know how to feel about that tbh xd
I kinda like how the characters actually die here and not come back to life as in your average shounen adventure.. But it happens so fast :c
Demon's deaths are always so emotional.. Except for 4th and 5th lol

“I don’t like expending more effort than I have to.” – Ayanokouji Kiyotaka
Sep 29, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2015
in the end, he does not become the very thing he wanted to do, be strongest swordsman in the pillar so his little brother can pride has such older brother. instead, he become ugly, pathetic and desperate.

nightcrawlercyp said:
So apart from Muzan only the biwa demon is still alive and I suppose the two pillars will defeat her. We are getting close to the end people!
no guarantee since there is 0 source saying we are in the final arc.
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 29, 2019 8:18 AM

Feb 2015
All in all, this is pretty good, though I'm left wondering how things are going to turn out with Muzan. I really don't know if this is the point to end things, but it really feels like it's being set up as the end. I wonder what route this'll take, him dying or him escaping followed by a timeskip or something else entirely.
Sep 29, 2019 8:41 AM
Mar 2015
The body count is really high Because of the deaths he feels that he has to live His ultimate reason for fighting was he wanted to be like his brother
Sep 29, 2019 8:44 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
The only reason I believe this might not be the final arc is because if Muzan dies here the demon slaying corps will no longer need to exist and our main trio would never become Hashira.
Sep 29, 2019 8:47 AM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
Kuroneko said:
The only reason I believe this might not be the final arc is because if Muzan dies here the demon slaying corps will no longer need to exist and our main trio would never become Hashira.

I guess technically they don't have to and it's not like I'd be upset if they didn't, but it just seems like something you'd expect to happen at some point. Kanao as well I guess.
KuronekoSep 29, 2019 8:58 AM
Sep 29, 2019 10:49 AM

Jan 2009
damn its almost confirmed that Mist Pillar will die as expected and even Genya too because his demon form is fading away

and i love the dialogue of Upper Moon One on this chapter ye he became evil and ugly just to be strong like his brother but he failed and his brother said "im sorry bro" damn lol what a pitiful end guess thats what extreme envy will bring you

rest in pieces Upper Moon One
Sep 29, 2019 10:54 AM

Aug 2012
Kuma said:
in the end, he does not become the very thing he wanted to do, be strongest swordsman in the pillar so his little brother can pride has such older brother. instead, he become ugly, pathetic and desperate.

nightcrawlercyp said:

I think there was a source saying this. That being said what can Muzan do? He is fighting against time. Sunrise is close, the cure of Nezuko is almost done and he is also fighting the cure in his system. Without his moons he will have to start all over again even if he escapes. But it took hundreds of years to create the upper moons, he does not have that time now. So his only hope is to achieve sunlight resistance or at least eliminate the entire demon corps this night. So is clear is the final arc.
Kuroneko said:

Just because Muzan dies does not mean the other demons he created automatically die. About not having a need to exist, so what? they can live their lives in peace. They can become normal... or at least as normal as ubermensche can be
JolteonRL said:
Does anyone know where can I read the translated manga? I'm unable to find it.

https://demonslayermanga.com/chapter/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-176/ just uploaded a few hours ago
nightcrawlercypSep 29, 2019 11:03 AM
Sep 29, 2019 11:00 AM

Jan 2009
Kuma said:

nightcrawlercyp said:

isnt this a source from months ago? https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1794916
Sep 29, 2019 11:06 AM

Aug 2012
Levi_Ackerman_30 said:
Hebi_op said:

no Douma didnt do Better UM1. UM1 did better in fight thats a fact. The fact he took out Tokitou and Genya Is better than Douma. Who out of top three moon fail the worst. Akaza would kill both Tanjirou and Giyu but his humanity save those two.
If Akaza had more time to grow in strength he would have been more powerful than Kokushibo. He attacked on pure instinct. This means he could defend and counter without thinking.
Sep 29, 2019 11:08 AM

Jan 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
He attacked on pure instinct. This means he could defend and counter without thinking.

that is his blood demon art though the battle spirit compass thing so its not really about instinct
Sep 29, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2017
Finally dead. Got a glimpse of his past too.
Sep 29, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2009
thinking more now Upper Moon One died in a funny way he realize he is too ugly now that he lost his will to live lol (but ye he really meant he is too ugly inside too and not just outside)
Sep 29, 2019 12:34 PM

Jul 2013
Muichiro was an obvious one since last chapter but holy shit... not Genya too. I can't believe this. I was so sure Sanemi was the one dying for Genya's development but it looks like it's going to be the other way around. Still holding out for a glimmer of hope for Genya though. He has a lot of potential as a character. He doesn't have to go like this. I also wanna know where they got the guns lol.

Kokushibou is one interesting guy. Hopefully, we get to know more and more of his backstory. I want to know more of the original breath users.

It looks like Koku can also regenerate his head but Muichiro's sword seems to have some effect on him. Hopefully, it gets explained later.

Kanroji and Iguro vs Biwa lady next. We're getting really close to the climax. I seriously hope this isn't the last arc. I couldn't see any official news of it being the last but I would be extremely disappointed if it was. There are still many questions left unanswered.
Sep 29, 2019 12:39 PM

Jan 2009
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

It looks like Koku can also regenerate his head but Muichiro's sword seems to have some effect on him. Hopefully, it gets explained later.

isnt it already explained? the red/fire sword chapter that is similarly pulled off when Tanjiro and Nezuko's blood demon art combined their powers and there was a flashback of Muzan memories by the an upper moon there that the fire sword almost killed Muzan so its safe to say the fire sword is like a poison to demons abilities like regeneration and unable to use blood demon art
Sep 29, 2019 1:10 PM

Jul 2014
I'm sad, disappointed and glad at the same time.
Sad because Genya and Tokito died, disappointed because UM1 never met Tanjiro (woulda been a nice touch if they met and he see's a legit Sun user with his younger brother's earrings before going) and glad that he's most likely done after this chapter.
Gotta say Akaza remains one of the most impactful UM battles among the others, his backstory and how he got introduced was amazing compared to the others.
Sep 29, 2019 1:15 PM

Jan 2016
I was almost certain that Kokushibo would commit seppuku after admitting his defeat. I guess it could still happen in the next chapter but so far it looks like he's just going to crumble away.
Sep 29, 2019 1:20 PM

Aug 2012
deg said:
nightcrawlercyp said:
He attacked on pure instinct. This means he could defend and counter without thinking.

that is his blood demon art though the battle spirit compass thing so its not really about instinct
I agree. My point is that if he would have reached Kokushibo level of sensing the opponent he would have been unbeatable. Also as a side note so far only him and Kokushibo were able to regenerate their heads. And unlike him Kokushibo did a crappy job. If Akuza would not have gave up he would have been undefeatable I think.
deg said:
Tohsaka_Rukia said:

isnt it already explained? the red/fire sword chapter that is similarly pulled off when Tanjiro and Nezuko's blood demon art combined their powers and there was a flashback of Muzan memories by the an upper moon there that the fire sword almost killed Muzan so its safe to say the fire sword is like a poison to demons abilities like regeneration and unable to use blood demon art

Due to inheriting the mark they can use some of the sun breath power. The sun breath power has a completely destructive effect on demons basically disabling any demon part it comes in contact.Just as the special blades disable the regeneration powers of demons so does the sun breath but more effectively. Both Nezuko powers and the marked demon slayers powers stem from this. Is very poetic in a way. The sun can kill all life but for most is a source of life, warmth and prosperity. You will see that most demons when they get killed by the sun are happy, content and at peace.
nightcrawlercypSep 29, 2019 1:28 PM
Sep 29, 2019 1:50 PM
Oct 2017
Is genya actually dead though? I mean he had gotten to the point of being able to hear Muzan's thoughts so maybe he'll be able to regenerate from this, his head wasn't cut off after all.
Sep 29, 2019 2:11 PM
UltimateEnforcer

Apr 2015
OppaiLover-_- said:
Is genya actually dead though? I mean he had gotten to the point of being able to hear Muzan's thoughts so maybe he'll be able to regenerate from this, his head wasn't cut off after all.

We don't know for certain, but it seems pretty likely.

Kokushibou said that he was dead, and his demon form would soon run out, obviously he can't be 100% sure but that's all we have to go on right now.
Sep 29, 2019 2:24 PM

Jan 2009
nightcrawlercyp said:
deg said:

I agree. My point is that if he would have reached Kokushibo level of sensing the opponent he would have been unbeatable. Also as a side note so far only him and Kokushibo were able to regenerate their heads. And unlike him Kokushibo did a crappy job. If Akuza would not have gave up he would have been undefeatable I think.
deg said:

Due to inheriting the mark they can use some of the sun breath power. The sun breath power has a completely destructive effect on demons basically disabling any demon part it comes in contact.Just as the special blades disable the regeneration powers of demons so does the sun breath but more effectively. Both Nezuko powers and the marked demon slayers powers stem from this. Is very poetic in a way. The sun can kill all life but for most is a source of life, warmth and prosperity. You will see that most demons when they get killed by the sun are happy, content and at peace.

yep good points on the red/fire sword or sun breathing technique, the sun is both about giving life and death
Sep 29, 2019 2:34 PM

Jun 2016
nightcrawlercyp said:
deg said:

deg said:

nightcrawlercyp said:
deg said:

deg said:

It was heavily implied Akaza was upper moon three was because he refuse to eat or kill woman. Werent for holding that back He would have been higher in power. Akaza is best of upper moons for me. I hope Nakime have also at least interesting backstory and motivation. Not sure if this is it for Koku.

Sep 29, 2019 3:17 PM

Jan 2018
ohhh, now he’s realizing everything he had done over the past century. getting defeated is one way to put down your ego
Sep 29, 2019 3:41 PM

Jun 2016
-Stray said:
I'm sad, disappointed and glad at the same time.
Sad because Genya and Tokito died, disappointed because UM1 never met Tanjiro (woulda been a nice touch if they met and he see's a legit Sun user with his younger brother's earrings before going) and glad that he's most likely done after this chapter.
Gotta say Akaza remains one of the most impactful UM battles among the others, his backstory and how he got introduced was amazing compared to the others.

Agree with you none can match Akaza. I wonder what Nakime backstory and motivations are or she turn into another Gyokko and Enmu no backstory or explanation on their motivies.

Sep 29, 2019 4:09 PM

May 2015
akaza backstory is very good but it's too exaggerated,this feels more real.
Sep 29, 2019 5:00 PM
Oct 2017
Kuroneko said:
OppaiLover-_- said:

We don't know for certain, but it seems pretty likely.

Kokushibou said that he was dead, and his demon form would soon run out, obviously he can't be 100% sure but that's all we have to go on right now.

True, i guess that we'll just have to wait and see.
Sep 29, 2019 5:14 PM

May 2018
nanashi796 said:

Yeah I feel the same here. Akaza back story is too over dramatic.
Sep 29, 2019 7:14 PM
Feb 2019
what a sad chapter.. i teared up seeing UM1's face as an innocent child, and what has become of him.. really messed up stuff
Sep 29, 2019 8:14 PM

Jun 2016
Gorochu said:
nanashi796 said:

Yeah I feel the same here. Akaza back story is too over dramatic.

In my personal opinion it was done well and very impactful. I don t think it was over dramatic.

It so sad over 100 anime I watch Its one of few anime characters I have hard time reading his backstory. Because it was so heartwrenching. Creator done really well on his characters and execution was perfect.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rate Infinity Fortress arc

Hereforanimes - Jul 15, 2023

24 by troilus_05s »»
Apr 25, 8:28 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 20 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2016

8 by heyyitsaj1 »»
Feb 22, 5:29 AM

Poll: » NO SPOILERS How different is the Manga to this anime compared to the Anime?

Lost_Hearts - Jan 14

16 by Loops007 »»
Jan 17, 5:49 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 207 Discussion

Cauliflawer - Jan 30, 2021

35 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 13, 11:00 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Chapter 174 Discussion

PrideRoyalIvy - Sep 12, 2019

32 by kirubaprabagaran »»
Jan 10, 7:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.