Forum Settings
Forums

What was your first worst anime that you have watched?

New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Dec 12, 2019 9:13 PM
Oct 2015
Shiki. I still don't like a bit of it.
Dec 13, 2019 2:27 AM

Jul 2019
The first anime I dropped, and that is watamote. I just could not stand the show. I got bored.
Dec 13, 2019 2:39 AM

Jul 2016
JunoLawliet said:
JUNI__ROBERT said:

i dont disagree with SAO but if u dont like no game no life then stop watching anime or just watch pokemon and doremon as anime is not for u.

I'm not gonna stop watching anime lol. Just because No Game No Life wasn't the show for me.

Now why did this person feel the need to insult harmless kids shows while insulting the fact that other people might have different tastes?Besides,I didn't really like no game no life that much,but that doesn't stop me from watching anime.
Dec 13, 2019 2:43 AM
Nov 2015
theDEMYSTIFier said:
Shiki. I still don't like a bit of it.

Yeah, I was really disappointed with it, wouldn't recommend that series to anyone unless you really like anything horror I guess.
Dec 13, 2019 2:45 AM

Oct 2015
Comet Lucifer, I remember there was a time where I thought I wouldn't find any anime I won't like.
Dec 13, 2019 2:46 AM
Nov 2015
Missaliensan said:
JunoLawliet said:

I'm not gonna stop watching anime lol. Just because No Game No Life wasn't the show for me.

Now why did this person feel the need to insult harmless kids shows while insulting the fact that other people might have different tastes?Besides,I didn't really like no game no life that much,but that doesn't stop me from watching anime.

I know right, thank you Missaliensan. :))
Dec 13, 2019 2:48 AM

Jun 2019
PUPA. It's the first worst anime I've watched, It's disgusting.
Dec 13, 2019 2:49 AM
Dec 2016
11 eyes this anime was my second anime at all, so i liked it in the past but today i think its fucked up
Dec 13, 2019 2:51 AM
Aug 2018
Wow...this dead thread suddenly come to life...
Dec 13, 2019 2:54 AM
Apr 2015
elementary school me....................................watching Serial Experiments Lain
Dec 13, 2019 2:54 AM

Oct 2019
kimi ni todoke. the first romance shoujo that made me hate most of the romance anime out there.
Dec 13, 2019 2:55 AM

Oct 2008
I will come back to you on that. Just need to check my records.
Dec 13, 2019 2:57 AM
Aug 2018
mawgi said:
kimi ni todoke. the first romance shoujo that made me hate most of the romance anime out there.

For me....it's hana yori dango...worst shoujo romance ever
Dec 13, 2019 3:18 AM

Jul 2016
JunoLawliet said:
Missaliensan said:

I know right, thank you Missaliensan. :))

No need to, I just really dislike this mindset that 'all kids anime are childish, so therefore if you watch them your opinion is invalid'.If feel like you shouldn't put down someone just because they don't like anime that you like much less if someone likes a genre that you wouldn't watch.
Dec 13, 2019 3:27 AM

Oct 2018
I'm not a 100% sure this was the first one, but I think it's Shinmai Maou no Testament
Dec 13, 2019 3:30 AM
Aug 2018
-Aincrad- said:
I'm not a 100% sure this was the first one, but I think it's Shinmai Maou no Testament
-Aincrad- said:

Best Fan Service Anime....too much boobs
Dec 13, 2019 3:30 AM

Aug 2016
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.

I watched it because people moan about how good it is, well obviously it is probably overrated, but its probably gonna be good anyway, right? Well its not, first of all the characters suck massive ding dong and none of them are actually likeable at all, and story are melodramatic af and it made me cringe so hard when they found the loli ghost girl in episode 11. I like the music though, even if the show doesn't deserve it.
People who uses MAL forums are mostly bug people, take their speech with a grain of salt.
Professional Supreme Gentleman - 恋人はあなたが選んだ兄弟です
https://www.reddit.com/r/AnimeElitism/ (AnimeElitism Reddit)
https://discord.gg/4kdGsFG (Dead Discord)
2静か先生88#7307
Dec 13, 2019 3:55 AM

Nov 2018
Easily, Danganronpa the Animation
Dec 13, 2019 11:46 AM

Nov 2015
It would definitely have to be 11eyes. I was using only the top half of the scale before I watched that. I expanded to the full 1-10 just so I could give that thing a 1 out of spite.
Dec 13, 2019 12:07 PM
Jul 2018
Junjou Romantica. I was so disgusted, I stopped looking for anime online for a while and only watched TV anime. 😂
Dec 13, 2019 1:34 PM
Jul 2018
fREE! - A gayness-driven scheißeshow with shallow characters, bland themes, and terrible interactions. But at least the animation is off the charts and the OST is also one of its saving graces.

Maneki-Mew said:
Junjou Romantica. I was so disgusted, I stopped looking for anime online for a while and only watched TV anime. 😂

This garbage, along with Sekaiichi Hatsukoi are a disgrace to Shounen Ai/Yaoi media. Hopefully someday Seven Say will be animated to save its name.
Dec 13, 2019 2:16 PM

Feb 2015
Not counting long-running shows, I was fine watching pretty much anything. I think Soul Eater was the first anime I dropped with a low score after 3 episodes. Shame, because art style rocks.

Never mind, going through my dropped list, I'm reminded of Gundam SEED Destiny, which definitely came before I watched Soul Eater. I think that was the first time I was truly disappointed with an anime.
Dec 13, 2019 2:20 PM
Aug 2017
Kuzu no honakai. Damn that still gives me depression.
Dec 13, 2019 2:25 PM
Sep 2019
Kamimashita00 said:
Mirai Nikki. The worst MC that I have ever seen.
I felt the same way because while I liked the show I couldn’t couldn’t put up with him after the dad stuff but ignoring him while not perfect I’d probably give it a 7
Dec 13, 2019 2:28 PM
Sep 2019
Isekai cheat magician because the only redeeming thing is the op song and I kinda like the op and high school prodigies have it easy purely because of the op and Ed songs not even the op themselves. I hate both with a passion while I watch them but I’m one to force myself till completion so there’s that
Dec 13, 2019 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Rosario Vampire. It has tainted harem comedies for me; now I'm unbelievably wary when watching something in that genre. I never want to see that garbage show again. It did lead me to the vastly superior manga though, so I guess it was useful for something. First season of that was fine/okay (but I really liked it) and season 2 is just flat out great (one of my favorites ever).
Dec 13, 2019 3:01 PM

Mar 2017
Teasing Master Takagi-san, the only anime I've dropped so far. It literally made me cringe in my seat, and once I convinced myself to stop watching I felt like I needed a long shower to rinse away that ugh feeling.
A møøse once bit my sister...
Dec 13, 2019 3:06 PM
Jul 2018
Monarch9 said:
Kuzu no honakai. Damn that still gives me depression.

Same, but I love it because of it. In some ways I feel personally attacked by this anime lol

Nick-Knight said:
fREE! - A gayness-driven scheißeshow with shallow characters, bland themes, and terrible interactions. But at least the animation is off the charts and the OST is also one of its saving graces.

Maneki-Mew said:

This garbage, along with Sekaiichi Hatsukoi are a disgrace to Shounen Ai/Yaoi media. Hopefully someday Seven Say will be animated to save its name.

I kinda liked Free / it was pretty okay to good, but the fanservice was way over the top in the first season. Then it was toned down a little.

I watched it when it came out. I was like 15 or something and was like: "Yeah, I found a gay romance!" And then I had to come to face the truth of abusive, fetishized BL with an atrocious art style. The manga art style is even worse. It's like an accident where you can't look away.

After that I found Elfen Lied online and saw Gantz on TV. Didn't like them either, but I had enough anime I liked at this time, so I didn't stop to watch them.

Missaliensan said:
JunoLawliet said:

^this

No Game no Life kinda worked as a parody yes, but I don't think it's that good. Even not as a parody.

Also many kids' shows are actually pretty lit, well-written and do tackle important themes.
removed-userDec 13, 2019 3:19 PM
Dec 13, 2019 3:08 PM

Mar 2016
sword art online basically set the standard for shit anime, at least ive learned to not lean too much on hype
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Apr 2016
I guess it was something about a gunslinger girl and a samurai traveling, beating big guys, adopted some little runt... back when I was just getting acquainted with the Japanese animation industry. But then, there was Chaos;Head I saw at approximately the same time. You can choose for yourselves which one was the worst, I will deny ever mentioning them.
Re:formed

Sep 2019
Gantz. Ick. Horrible directing and lots of gratuitous graphic gore.
Dec 13, 2019 3:29 PM

Aug 2017
i thinks it is Pucca, even in childhood i disliked
Dec 14, 2019 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
Kaze no Stigma. I'm still surprised I managed to watch as far as I did before dropping it.

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Dec 14, 2019 9:49 AM

May 2018
Sword for Truth used to be at the top of my list until I saw Pupa. Pupa's now at the top of my list, Sword for Truth is second, and Dead Leaves is third.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
Dec 14, 2019 9:58 AM

Dec 2018
Elfen Lied, Guilty Crown and School Days are the definite worst anime I have seen, although I can’t recall which I saw first.

I also watched one episode of happy sugar life then dropped it, but I’m sure it had potential to be down there with the worst. Was kind of one of those things where it might of been so bad it was funny, or it could of just been really bad. Decided not to risk.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Dec 14, 2019 10:10 AM

Dec 2018
JUNI__ROBERT said:
JunoLawliet said:
No Game, No Life and SAO

Such overrated shitty series, in my opinion

i dont disagree with SAO but if u dont like no game no life then stop watching anime or just watch pokemon and doremon as anime is not for u.

Are you trying to say people who don’t like NGNL are childish? That’s how it comes across anyway.

Makes sense. A video game issekai riddled with loli-sis-con fan service. Def the epitome of a masterpiece. Original too.
Lolicons are scum.
BABYMETAL is more metal than Metallica.
Naruto is objectively the best anime ever.
HxH 99' is decent. HxH 11' is bad.
Dec 14, 2019 10:13 AM

Sep 2018
Tokyo Ghoul √A is easily one of the greatest abominations I have ever watched. Before that almost all of the anime I watched were great (Since I started with the most highly recommended series)

Unfortunately, since then, I have seen a ton of sub-par anime
Blanks.
Dec 14, 2019 10:14 AM

Sep 2018
Hokage_Jason said:
Elfen Lied, Guilty Crown and School Days are the definite worst anime I have seen, although I can’t recall which I saw first.

You have good taste, because I agree that all 3 of those suck.
Blanks.
Dec 14, 2019 10:16 AM

Dec 2015
Angel beats. That shit was so boring
no
Dec 14, 2019 10:22 AM
Oct 2012
Pokémon, garbage franchise kept alive by delusional manchildren
Dec 14, 2019 10:22 AM

Sep 2018
Probably SAO. It was one of the first i watched and i consider everything at or below the score of 2 one of the worst.
Dec 14, 2019 10:28 AM

Feb 2009
think it was E's Otherwise, but Trinity Blood can steal that spot cause I remember that series to be even worse.
Dec 14, 2019 10:33 AM

Mar 2016
My first "worst anime" ever watched was probably Guilty Crown. I absolutely hated the writing and characters of that show. Back then, my rating system was too generous and it sat at 6/10 for me. Now it sits at like 2/10, barely missing 1/10.
Dec 14, 2019 10:38 AM

Jan 2018
Genocyber. The fact it's so highly regarded on this site bothers the hell out of me.
Dec 14, 2019 10:42 AM

Jul 2019
OreImo. That was one of the first non-shounen anime I watched. The first couple of episodes had some great humour, but after that... I'm traumatized till this day.
Dec 14, 2019 11:03 AM

Nov 2019
My one would be Tokyo ghoul. The first one that I hated and it is still the anime that I hate the most.

I don't understand the Sao answers. It's universally mocked as the anime for 12 year olds and that has a meaning. It was so well on the exterior with animation and music, beautiful world and light romance that newcomers can't hate. I'd say, it is the ideal recommendation for them. So everyone who is saying Sao is either lying or trying to be the cool one.
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Dec 14, 2019 8:45 PM
Aug 2018
NamikazeHime said:
OreImo. That was one of the first non-shounen anime I watched. The first couple of episodes had some great humour, but after that... I'm traumatized till this day.

I pity you.....so, have you watched all the season or not
Dec 14, 2019 8:54 PM
Aug 2018
biswa290701 said:
My one would be Tokyo ghoul. The first one that I hated and it is still the anime that I hate the most.

I don't understand the Sao answers. It's universally mocked as the anime for 12 year olds and that has a meaning. It was so well on the exterior with animation and music, beautiful world and light romance that newcomers can't hate. I'd say, it is the ideal recommendation for them. So everyone who is saying Sao is either lying or trying to be the cool one.

I think no one is trying to act cool....It's really bad, yeah it's animation is good and all that but doesn't every new anime has good animation and for my case animation is least of my worries as long as plot is good. The story was completely poorly executed and I don't even want to talk about the alphiem arc....it's the shittiest thing I have ever watched but that's about first two seasons...Now it's getting better, alicization has some nice plot not the best thing available but lot better that it's previous seasons
Dec 14, 2019 9:06 PM

Feb 2018
I think classroom of the elite was the first anime i've ever hated. That was probably when I first started having standards.
Dec 14, 2019 9:10 PM

Aug 2010
Kannazuki no Miko - The very first Anime Title which I have ever dropped in my life.
I was looking for some kind of dynamic mecha warfare action but all I saw was Girl x Girl.
Post Office
Collection
Hall of Fame
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 )

Akuya - Yesterday

63 by Hikinekomori »»
3 minutes ago

» Would you support AI generated Anime?

Dragevard - 11 hours ago

33 by DesuMaiden »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite romance ( 1 2 )

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 30

92 by Buny0058 »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Who is your favorite imas secretary?

Shizuna - Yesterday

18 by alshu »»
13 minutes ago

» When was the last time you felt happy/satisfied after watching an anime episode? :)

Rinrinka - Mar 27

46 by Toooooooooohru »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.