Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Aug 16, 2019 5:21 PM

Dec 2012
Can't comment as I haven't seen it. It's on my Plan to watch list because of UFO Table and Yuki Kajiura music though.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 16, 2019 9:52 PM
Apr 2019
NO WAY! I have high hopes for The Promised Neverland. That show is really good and probably better than Demon Slayer. Nezuko still best girl 2019.
Aug 16, 2019 9:56 PM
Jan 2019
man just ignore these idiots who claim AOT as the AOTY
im fine and agree with either MOB or TPN, but seriously AOT HAVE NO CHANCE.
aot = another overrated title

kimetsu deserves at least the best animation of the year
believe me, after ep 19 things will become more interesting
Aug 16, 2019 10:00 PM

Dec 2017
this year has another season remaining, it's to early to claim that.
Aug 16, 2019 10:12 PM

Aug 2018
Not even close

Wait for Fall a lot of good shits in that season

Not another shounen on AOTY pls stop we need some romcom like Kaguya Sama
SOP-IIAug 16, 2019 10:17 PM
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Aug 16, 2019 10:28 PM

Jul 2019
It's a good anime imo,good animation,characters,story etc...

But in all honesty it won't win AOTY
no description boi
Aug 16, 2019 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
Best shounen anime? Yeah, I think you could make that argument.

Best anime period? Nah. I still think The Promised Neverland and Dororo were better anime and for me, the jury is still out on a few series like Fruits Basket and Carole and Tuesday. To be perfectly blunt, it’s going to be damn near impossible for any anime to top AoT Season 3 Part 2...and that’s a phrase I never would have thought I’d utter in my lifetime.

I think I even like Shield Hero more even though I’d say that Demon Slayer is an objectively better anime.
Aug 16, 2019 10:41 PM

Mar 2012
angelk99 said:
cockblockpolice said:
man just ignore these idiots who claim AOT as the AOTY
im fine and agree with either MOB or TPN, but seriously AOT HAVE NO CHANCE.
aot = another overrated title

kimetsu deserves at least the best animation of the year
believe me, after ep 19 things will become more interesting

Lol, you are talking shit about AoT on every forum. A classic show like FMAB having retarded fans like you is very depressing.

I mean, did you expect high-level criticism from someone named “cockblockpolice?” Just screams of dedicated, professional internet troll.
Aug 16, 2019 10:46 PM
Jul 2019
Hahaha. Not even close. To be AOTY,a series need to have good story which is definitely not Kimetsu's strong aspect.
And Zenitsu is annoying. Can't stand that guy's shouting.
Aug 16, 2019 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
Ooh nice! another anime derived from basic literature, there's plenty of shounen where that came from. It appears as if Japan is out of ideas already.
Aug 17, 2019 1:00 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread moved from Anime Discussion
Aug 17, 2019 1:34 AM

Dec 2018
Barnald said:

Oh great moderator, why did you move this thread here... *sigh* Now I'm going to post something that will lure in the haters, then I'd be stuck on this forum again (when I'm getting busy too, *cries*)

Anime of the Year ... *sigh* Look guys, I'm a big fan of Kimetsu no Yaiba but I'm ok with you guys disagreeing that it should be AOTY, I genuinely think Mob Psycho s2 is a strong contender. But seriously,

Vinland Saga? *facepalm* I don't know why this anime is hyped at all? Probably because the manga has some good content later? At episode 6, I honestly think it's mediocre at best. It had such a prime plot point to pull at the viewer's emotions (you know what I'm talking about), but it was so poorly executed. There was so much more emotion drawn out in one episode of KNY (the first) compared to four episodes of Vinland Saga? How do you waste so much screen time and yet fail to get your viewers to emotionally invest in a character? I'm sorry if I offend the manga fans but seriously, you must admit the first six episodes of Vinland saga was executed quite poorly.

AOT s3. *sigh* AOT had 2.5 seasons' worth of screen time to develop viewers' emotional attachment to the characters and development to the story. It's not even a level playing field to begin with. In any case, just evaluating both series without accounting for these differences, the animation, the flow, the use of soundtrack in KNY is obviously better.

The Promised Neverland... Let's not pretend kids living peaceful lives in an isolated environment which are later revealed to be "farmed" for consumption is a new premise. The Island? Never Let Me Go? The Matrix? So the best we can say about Neverland's premise is that it's new on anime (which may or may not be true, I might not have watched enough anime). Now let's look at the art and overall execution. Was it groundbreaking? Not really, the final twist about the "Mother" and her flashback, the protagonists' final ploy, those were pretty good plot twists. But overall, I don't think it deserves AOTY, given that the story became pretty slow in the middle and the art and soundtrack weren't exactly groundbreaking.
Aug 17, 2019 2:00 AM

Aug 2015
ShanAsuna said:
Barnald said:

Oh great moderator, why did you move this thread here... *sigh* Now I'm going to post something that will lure in the haters, then I'd be stuck on this forum again (when I'm getting busy too, *cries*)

Anime of the Year ... *sigh* Look guys, I'm a big fan of Kimetsu no Yaiba but I'm ok with you guys disagreeing that it should be AOTY, I genuinely think Mob Psycho s2 is a strong contender. But seriously,

Vinland Saga? *facepalm* I don't know why this anime is hyped at all? Probably because the manga has some good content later? At episode 6, I honestly think it's mediocre at best. It had such a prime plot point to pull at the viewer's emotions (you know what I'm talking about), but it was so poorly executed. There was so much more emotion drawn out in one episode of KNY (the first) compared to four episodes of Vinland Saga? How do you waste so much screen time and yet fail to get your viewers to emotionally invest in a character? I'm sorry if I offend the manga fans but seriously, you must admit the first six episodes of Vinland saga was executed quite poorly.

AOT s3. *sigh* AOT had 2.5 seasons' worth of screen time to develop viewers' emotional attachment to the characters and development to the story. It's not even a level playing field to begin with. In any case, just evaluating both series without accounting for these differences, the animation, the flow, the use of soundtrack in KNY is obviously better.

The Promised Neverland... Let's not pretend kids living peaceful lives in an isolated environment which are later revealed to be "farmed" for consumption is a new premise. The Island? Never Let Me Go? The Matrix? So the best we can say about Neverland's premise is that it's new on anime (which may or may not be true, I might not have watched enough anime). Now let's look at the art and overall execution. Was it groundbreaking? Not really, the final twist about the "Mother" and her flashback, the protagonists' final ploy, those were pretty good plot twists. But overall, I don't think it deserves AOTY, given that the story became pretty slow in the middle and the art and soundtrack weren't exactly groundbreaking.
honestly I disagree with you here on vinland saga being mediocore and honestly feel that is the case with Demon slayer. The only aspects that make it better than others are the animation and soundtrack and Without any offense , In my opinion Episode 4 in vinland saga is much better than episode 19 and the anime as a whole .Also as for the animation , I do feel that animation makes an anime better but that isn't neccessary for a good episode ,For example Episode 3 of attack on Titan S3 part 2 didn't have any fights just character interaction and dialogue and it's the 2nd best AOT episode and the top 3 Episodes in IMDB where as Demon slayer episode 19 only good thing is the last 5 mins and animation its soundtrack so Imo the only reason this anime is getting this much hype and ratings is purely because of the animation and that is enough to say that it's the only reedeming quality for this series
Aug 17, 2019 2:09 AM

Dec 2018
Revoltage1022 said:
honestly I disagree with you here on vinland saga being mediocore and honestly feel that is the case with Demon slayer. The only aspects that make it better than others are the animation and soundtrack and Without any offense , In my opinion Episode 4 in vinland saga is much better than episode 19 and the anime as a whole .Also as for the animation , I do feel that animation makes an anime better but that isn't neccessary for a good episode ,For example Episode 3 of attack on Titan S3 part 2 didn't have any fights just character interaction and dialogue and it's the 2nd best AOT episode and the top 3 Episodes in IMDB where as Demon slayer episode 19 only good thing is the last 5 mins and animation its soundtrack so Imo the only reason this anime is getting this much hype and ratings is purely because of the animation and that is enough to say that it's the only reedeming quality for this series

The creators of anime expresses themselves by sight (animation) and sound (soundtrack, and voice acting). So if those things don't make an anime... I guess you're talking about the story, the plot.

*Spoilers ahead*

Well, I don't see how Vinland Saga episode 4 had such a great story or plot to salvage its mediocre art and soundtrack. It's technically Lion King isn't it? Mufasa died from betrayal in an attempt to save his son, Simba? But notice the emotional impact of Mufasa's death as compared to Thors? That's what I'm talking about. The lacklustre presentation of critical, emotional plot points ruined Vinland Saga (at least up to episode 6). In any case, if we're rating anime based on its story/plot/writing alone, it wouldn't even be an anime anymore. It's a novel. Even manga ratings rely on the quality of its artwork. That's not the sole factor of evaluation, of course, but it's a very crucial one.
ShanAsunaAug 17, 2019 2:13 AM
Aug 17, 2019 2:16 AM

Apr 2018
MP100 s2 is still AOTY for me, while KnY is animation of the year for me. Mob's animation is just as good as KnY's BUT the visuals is not as beautiful as KnY's.
Aug 17, 2019 2:18 AM

Dec 2018
Jfs_ said:
MP100 s2 is still AOTY for me, while KnY is animation of the year for me. Mob's animation is just as good as KnY's BUT the visuals is not as beautiful as KnY's.

I agree. But I don't know, maybe my love for Ufotable art just tips me in the other direction.
Aug 17, 2019 2:26 AM

Aug 2015
ShanAsuna said:
Revoltage1022 said:

The creators of anime expresses themselves by sight (animation) and sound (soundtrack, and voice acting). So if those things don't make an anime... I guess you're talking about the story, the plot.

*Spoilers ahead*

Well, I don't see how Vinland Saga episode 4 had such a great story or plot to salvage its mediocre art and soundtrack. It's technically Lion King isn't it? Mufasa died from betrayal in an attempt to save his son, Simba? But notice the emotional impact of Mufasa's death as compared to Thors? That's what I'm talking about. The lacklustre presentation of critical, emotional plot points ruined Vinland Saga (at least up to episode 6). In any case, if we're rating anime based on its story/plot/writing alone, it wouldn't even be an anime anymore. It's a novel. Even manga ratings rely on the quality of its artwork. That's not the sole factor of evaluation, of course, but it's a very crucial one.
For the Vinland Saga stuff it would be pointless to argue since we have different tastes so let's agree to disagree here ,however for the animation stuff , Let me ask you a question , If you ask anyone who's watched episode 19 of Demon Slayer what was so great about episode 19 everyone will say the animation of the last fight and the soundtrack If I am not mistaken. That's the only good thing that the anime has. So my point is just because an anime has great fighting animation it doesn't neccessarily make it great show . The story, Characters , Development , Plot , Dialogue These are all what makes a show great , That's in my opinion Of course . I feel that Demon Slayer lacks in all these aspects which makes it a mediocre shounen .
Aug 17, 2019 2:32 AM
Oct 2016

1°)Mob Psycho

2°)Shingeki no Kyojin

3°)Demon Slayer 👍👌
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 17, 2019 2:38 AM

Dec 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:
DanLikesAnimu said:
Demon slayer best anime of 2019?????

Look man demon slayer had one good episode
It is nothing compared to attack on titan, mob psycho, dororo, kaguya sama , promised neverland, bungou stray dogs , vinland saga or dr stone
Demon slayers is enjoyable but for the love of god it's not even close to anime of the yer

It wasn't just one good episode. The incredible art, soundtrack, smooth transition between action and emotional scenes have been consistent since episode 1.

I've explained why the other animes (except Mob Psycho s2) are not AOTY material, but you've raised some more, so let's address them:

1. Dororo
Art and soundtrack, nothing comparable to KNY. But then again, nothing released in 2019 is comparable to KNY on those two fronts. The main storyline is quite interesting, but there are plenty of episodes that just involved the protagonist fighting monsters. It's a decent anime, but not spectacular in terms of art, soundtrack, or plot.

2. Kaguya sama love is war
I really liked this anime. I like comedy in general, but normally comedy animes don't make AOTY. It lacks the adrenaline and potential for studios to show off their animation skills. If anything is enjoyable, but not AOTY material, it's Kaguya.

3. Bungou stray dogs s3
Oh I really like Bungou. The artwork, the nice action scenes, the array of intensely likable characters... it reminds me a little of Durarara!!! But unfortunately, this is the series that's actually deserving of the word "asspull" in certain instances. A lot of the powers used and choices made by characters don't make sense... *Spoilers*

For example, Fitzgerald's come-back episode with the silly court case, how Dazai found Fyodor in the end, how Rando's ability was able to subdue Chuya in the beginning but fall to Chuya when he needed to from good old shounen power up. I can go on, but yea... I love this anime, so I just tune out my skeptical voice to enjoy the show, but it's not masterpiece level. In any case, it's not fair to judge an anime with two preceding seasons against a fresh new one, which didn't have the same time to build its story, premise, and emotional attachment to its characters (as I've mentioned for AOT)

I've never watched Dr. Stone so I can't comment on that one. If I have time I'll give it a watch. But it's rated 8.4 on IMDB with 700+ voters, and 8.2 on MAL with <50k voters. That's not a good sign, generally.
Aug 17, 2019 2:55 AM

Dec 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:

1st of all bungo has no asspulls(as much as possible xD)...it's one of the few animes that always made sense (tho it usually comes to dazai predicting everything)
Also imdb and mal are not really good sites for anime rating (imdb is really trash-code geass has lower scores than dbz or naruro ffs)
Mal is good at times but there is no way kimetsu deserves higher score than vinland saga and so so close to death note. I am no fan of death note but that anime is so much better objectively speaking (L and Light have more characterization in 2 seconds of screen time compared to the whole kimetsu cast).
For me kimetsu is a less enjoyable my hero academia with no todoroki ... it's a good anime with unbelieveable art and animation , good ost (tho not as good as a lot of other anime) but extremely little depth,plain characters and poorly placed flashbacks.
I apreciate that you actually had a good discussion instead of dickriding kimetsu like all faboys did until now

I respect the fact that you actually read through what I wrote, but I disagree that Bungou has minimal asspulls. Yes, the most prominent one is Dazai predicting everything. But Chuuya's instantaneous power-up to beat Rando in the end also didn't make sense, other than "it's time to power up, it's a shounen, let's go". I've pointed out others and I can point out a lot more but I finished the three seasons some time ago.

Vinland Saga deserves to be above KNY? Now this I can't agree with, not the slightest bit. Perhaps you read the manga and that's fuelling your opinion. I'm not a manga reader and the first six episodes were mediocre and consistently missed the mark in terms of drawing in the viewers' emotions. For me, a scene is good if it gives me goosebumps or have me in tears (or at least the verge of tears). Vinland saga had many opportunities to do that, but failed at every point. *smh*

Death Note. It's pretty good. Very interesting premise, a notebook that kills. Nice contrast of protagonists (always thought one of the mangas in Bakuman is talking about Death Note), but I personally didn't like the soundtrack or the artwork that much. It was good, but not the best for me personally.
ShanAsunaAug 17, 2019 3:01 AM
Aug 17, 2019 3:00 AM

Jul 2014
Wouldn't say its AOTY yet, mine's still on Mob S2, but it deserves (Episode Of The Year) EOTY, if such a catgeory exists lol.
Aug 17, 2019 3:05 AM
Oct 2013
Too early to say that, but it's sur that KnY is in top 3 of 2019 animes
This part of KnY is the bad part of the manga, it will greatly improves later and i think if we will have season 2 we all won't be ready for what we will see
Aug 17, 2019 3:57 AM

Dec 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:

I did not read the manga for vinland saga but they got the first 6 episodes perfectly . I felt every emotion thorfinn had and they also nailed thors' death as well as askeladd's character.

Well, I think we can agree to disagree on that because I have the exact opposite view. My favorite character in KNY is actually Zenitsu. People hate him for being loud (doesn't that just apply to every shounen protagonist?) but I like the contrast in his character. The fact that he's an ostensibly useless crybaby but he's actually honed incredible skills and just lacks confidence. I like Tanjiro as well, for his stubborn kindness, Inosuke, for his crazy antics (I think his backstory may be interesting), and Nezuko the sweet dumpling of a demon... the theme of familial bond is just very well done, in my view.
Aug 17, 2019 4:37 AM

Dec 2018
Lel0uchZer0 said:

Yeah i see where you're coming from
Btw i checked you profile and i saw you are a lelouch fan so all the love and respect to you man
All hail lelouch

I can't wait to watch the movie, Fukkatsu no lelouch... Best anime for me is a tough tie between Code Geass and FMAB... Fate Zero a close second, even though animation by Ufotable is stunning...
Aug 17, 2019 4:40 AM

May 2018
Lol no, the only good thing about it is the animation.

From this season, Dr Stone is a million time better shounen. Vinland Saga has the potential to be AOTY.
Aug 17, 2019 4:55 AM

Sep 2017
ShanAsuna said:
Barnald said:

im agree if its the animation, but for ost i still prefer AOT. dont get me wrong i love yuki kajiura as well, but in this comparison ill choose aot over kny
Aug 17, 2019 5:23 AM

Dec 2018
zalapeno said:
im agree if its the animation, but for ost i still prefer AOT. dont get me wrong i love yuki kajiura as well, but in this comparison ill choose aot over kny

I loved AOT when it came out. I had Guren no Yumiya on loop for a couple of weeks, I think. But I'm just tired of the writer not concluding the story. I hate long running animes, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail... I know they've got a huge cult following, but once an anime refuses to end, it just puts me off big time. It feels like I'm being taken for an unnecessarily convoluted ride. *shrugs*
Aug 17, 2019 5:24 AM
Jul 2019
kimetsu no yaba in best anime 2019
Aug 17, 2019 5:26 AM

Dec 2018
Btw, for people who still thinks ep 19 was a one-hit wonder for KNY. Just FYI, reviewers have been heaping praise on the series way before ep 19. Case in point, Glass Review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3h_S-xRnz4
Aug 17, 2019 5:31 AM

Oct 2018
andersonguildbz said:

Be prepared for people trying to convince you why it's not
Aug 17, 2019 5:55 AM

Sep 2017
ShanAsuna said:
zalapeno said:

I loved AOT when it came out. I had Guren no Yumiya on loop for a couple of weeks, I think. But I'm just tired of the writer not concluding the story. I hate long running animes, One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, Hunter x Hunter, Fairy Tail... I know they've got a huge cult following, but once an anime refuses to end, it just puts me off big time. It feels like I'm being taken for an unnecessarily convoluted ride. *shrugs*
umm i dont think so, aot somewhat different to those u mentioned. aot has only 120 chapters of now, and kny is 130+ and i guess you will get tired as well with kny when it adapted more chapters because kny should have more episodes than aot did. aot already in the final arc and about to finish in a year and i dont think the author refuses to end, its necessary to concluded all the mystery imo
Aug 17, 2019 6:33 AM

Dec 2018
zalapeno said:
ShanAsuna said:

umm i dont think so, aot somewhat different to those u mentioned. aot has only 120 chapters of now, and kny is 130+ and i guess you will get tired as well with kny when it adapted more chapters because kny should have more episodes than aot did. aot already in the final arc and about to finish in a year and i dont think the author refuses to end, its necessary to concluded all the mystery imo

Even though I love KNY and it has my personal vote for AOTY, I have no doubt, if KNY refuses to end, I would soon get tired of it. Especially given the fact that the more seasons you have, the more likely you end up with a studio that's going to screw it up.
ShanAsunaAug 17, 2019 8:33 AM
Aug 17, 2019 7:08 AM

Apr 2011
AlphaOmegaKnight said:
Thanjh said:
Definitely not people are just hyping it up after episode 19

Same

It's overrated imo. People are just hyping it up after episode 19 makes perfecy sense

Funny coming from someone handing out 10s like there's no tomorrow.
Aug 17, 2019 7:13 AM

Jan 2009
Claiming any series was the best of 2019 is foolish, everyone has a different taste, for me no it's not, honestly as much as i like kimetsu no yaiba, even with it's flaws i stilll prefer shield hero and kanata no astra more.
Aug 17, 2019 7:27 AM

Jan 2015
-Aincrad- said:
andersonguildbz said:

And that’s the tea
Aug 17, 2019 7:38 AM

Nov 2015
It's not dude
Episode 19 was not even that Great story-wise
It was good , but nothing great , the only great thing was the Art , Idk how the f*ck is got that much attention
Aug 17, 2019 8:01 AM
Feb 2019
Episode 19 was splendid, but that doesn't make KnY an AOTY, not even a contender; it was a really good episode, but this year there's been much more constant and solid series, so I doubt it. Maybe if it maintains this level for the rest of the season it could be an AOTY contender, otherwise not.
Aug 17, 2019 8:30 AM
May 2017
Only_Brad said:
Lol no, the only good thing about it is the animation.

From this season, Dr Stone is a million time better shounen. Vinland Saga has the potential to be AOTY.

Dr. Stone??! Ehh, honestly if we're talking about battle shonen, Fire Force should be a better comparison!!

Anyway, im surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet,the salt is real here, Kimetsu is fine but the fanbase are overhyping it, if this keeps up, it will be like Aot in 2013 all over again
Aug 17, 2019 8:31 AM
May 2017
-Aincrad- said:
andersonguildbz said:

Be prepared to not give a damn what people have to say
Aug 17, 2019 8:37 AM

Dec 2018
Edylson said:
-Aincrad- said:

Be prepared to not give a damn what people have to say

Be prepared to read reputable reviews by people whose job is to review animes rather than forum comments.
Aug 17, 2019 8:40 AM

Oct 2013
mafd12 said:
Episode 19 was splendid, but that doesn't make KnY an AOTY, not even a contender; it was a really good episode, but this year there's been much more constant and solid series, so I doubt it. Maybe if it maintains this level for the rest of the season it could be an AOTY contender, otherwise not.

My question is if we exclude the the last 3 minutes of episode 19 from episode 19 would it had stand out from the previous 18 episodes? Because the only thing I'm hearing is about the last 3 minutes of episode 19 and how godly it was, I don't hear anyone talking about the beginning of the episode or the middle portion, there is no other mention of no other part of that episode except for the last 3 minutes of episode 19 how can people say it is the best episode of the season or even go as far as calling this the best anime of the year because of the last 3 minutes of episode 19? you notice the pattern I am going with?

It has a shout for best animation episode, no doubt about it, the last 3 minutes was fantastic, but no way in hell does this qualify for being the best episode of the year, just because of the last 3 minutes of episode 19.

In comparison episode 5 of snk part 2, "hero" is not number 1 on imdb for no reason, that episode was great throughout the episode and not just the last 3 minutes of that episode It had everything, you have the beast titan vs levi in the first part of that episode and then you have the scouts vs the Collosal and Armored titan on the second half of that episode and then it had that godly ending in the 3 minutes of that episode as well

My point is, the entire episode has to be consistently good to make it a contender, last 3 minutes doesn't qualify.
Aug 17, 2019 9:45 AM
Feb 2019
Objectively it’s up there with the Promised Neverland so far, and it might turn out to be the best of the year. But then there’s also Mob Psycho 100 2, Vinland Saga, so it’s gonna be tough. Personally though Fruits Basket is the best and Kaguya Sama is not that far behind, FIGHT MEH!!!
Aug 17, 2019 9:46 AM

Feb 2019
Easily and it's not even close. I been saying this since March and they laughed at me, they called me a madman, now after episode 19 everyone is on the bandwagon.
Aug 17, 2019 9:49 AM

Dec 2018
Superns18 said:
Easily and it's not even close. I been saying this since March and they laughed at me, they called me a madman, now after episode 19 everyone is on the bandwagon.

I know right. I'd love to offer you a high-five for this but more importantly...
Brace for impact, here come the trolls!
Aug 17, 2019 9:57 AM

Jul 2019
keragamming said:
mafd12 said:

My question is if we exclude the the last 3 minutes of episode 19 from episode 19 would it had stand out from the previous 18 episodes? Because the only thing I'm hearing is about the last 3 minutes of episode 19 and how godly it was, I don't hear anyone talking about the beginning of the episode or the middle portion, there is no other mention of no other part of that episode except for the last 3 minutes of episode 19 how can people say it is the best episode of the season or even go as far as calling this the best anime of the year because of the last 3 minutes of episode 19? you notice the pattern I am going with?

It has a shout for best animation episode, no doubt about it, the last 3 minutes was fantastic, but no way in hell does this qualify for being the best episode of the year, just because of the last 3 minutes of episode 19.

In comparison episode 5 of snk part 2, "hero" is not number 1 on imdb for no reason, that episode was great throughout the episode and not just the last 3 minutes of that episode It had everything, you have the beast titan vs levi in the first part of that episode and then you have the scouts vs the Collosal and Armored titan on the second half of that episode and then it had that godly ending in the 3 minutes of that episode as well

My point is, the entire episode has to be consistently good to make it a contender, last 3 minutes doesn't qualify.

Here is the progress of KNY anime through each episodes according to the time I gather my information about it and wrote it.

Serial No. --------------- 5 out of 5
Ep.1 ----------------------65.63%
Ep.2 ----------------------69.45%
Ep.3 ----------------------69.74%
Ep.4 ----------------------86.72%
Ep.5 ----------------------74.36%
Ep.6 ----------------------75.61%
Ep.7 ----------------------84.25%
Ep.8 ----------------------79.52%
Ep.9 ----------------------72.41%
Ep.10 ---------------------72.31%
Ep.11 ---------------------50.18%
Ep.12 ---------------------70.27%
Ep.13 ---------------------66.32%
Ep.14 ---------------------66.18%
Ep.15 ---------------------65.05%
Ep.16 ---------------------82.40%
Ep.17 ---------------------83.51%
Ep.18 ---------------------83.15%
Ep.19 ---------------------97.09%
Average ------------------74.43%

Actually the rating of KNY was increasing slowly from sometime even before episode 19 came out but a sudden increase from 8.51 to 8.65 came due to ep.19(more likely due to a Sakuga scene as you said).
puneetsinghAug 17, 2019 10:27 AM
Should I troll in the troll bait threads? It is kinda idiotic to be logical in the troll bait threads. Well, it will depend on my mood.
Aug 17, 2019 10:07 AM

May 2010
its in the top5 for me. just watched ep20.
Aug 17, 2019 10:10 AM
Mar 2018
1. Vinland Saga
2. Mob Psycho 100 II
3. Shingeki No Kyojin S3 P2

They're just above anything else this year imo
Aug 17, 2019 10:16 AM
Jan 2018
Gorgeous animation, typical shounen cliches but well executed, great soundtrack and last but not least, has gained worldwide attention from both anime fans and none anime fans.

Now objectively, is it better than animes like Vinland Saga or Aot or even Mob content wise? No. However, it did what OPM, the big 3, AoT season 1, etc did. It made the anime community open up to a new wave of anime fans. Out of all the series released till now, it’s probably the only 1 you can recommend with absolutely certainty that people will enjoy it, anime fan or not.

So yes,, it is indeed anime of the year.
OGAnimeAug 17, 2019 10:22 AM
Aug 17, 2019 1:26 PM
Feb 2019
keragamming said:
mafd12 said:

Well, I don't consider it the best episode of the season, because there's still a good amount of episodes I haven't seen that everyone seemed to love (Vinland Saga ep 4, for example), and the season hasn't finished yet, but it was the best of the series till tis moment.
About the episode itself, the best part is those last 3 minutes you mention, but the buildup throughout the episode was pretty good: first we had the more experimented slayer saving Inozuke, and Zenitsu being saved by Shinobu, and there were also some good moments in the Tanjiro vs the demon figth, as Nezuko protecting her brother, the demon "cutting" her older sister or Tanjiro's failed attempt to cut the demon's neck, last but not least, the episode began with the cliffhanger of the previous episode, when Tanjiro couldn't cut the threath, obviously he wasn't going to die, but it was a good moment of tension.
Summarizing, it was a good episode that had a great finale, but not enough for it to be the best of the year; most of SnK S3 Part 2, Mob's 1, 5, 7 & 11, Kaze ga's 20 & 23, Dororo's 6, Bungou's 8, Sarazanmai's 9, for me those episodes are above this one, although this one is excellent.
Aug 17, 2019 3:48 PM
Jul 2019
You got my vote =)

I started watching it last week and quickly found myself binge-watching 5 episodes. I love the storyline, pace of show, character development and action scenes. Can't wait to carve out more time to catch up to the latest.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2019

283 by Atavistic »»
Yesterday, 12:56 PM

» Gurenge becomes top selling digital single song in Reiwa era

FZREMAKE - Apr 15

20 by IDKwhatonamemyse »»
Apr 29, 7:56 PM

» I don't get it

n0tSamir - Jul 7, 2023

36 by guts4ever »»
Apr 29, 6:05 AM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 18, 2019

312 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 24, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Kimetsu no Yaiba Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2019

272 by CicadaRex »»
Apr 20, 4:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.