Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 7, 2019 8:45 PM

Jun 2013
Jotakak said:
ex_necross said:

He's not trans, he's a hermaphrodite. Don't let the SJWs count this as a win. Unlike trans people, hermaphrodites have a real condition that is the result of a developmental defect.

Intersex and transgender people are under the same umbrella. For example, while in the womb, all fetuses start as female until hormone washes. In Luca's case, his brain developed as male and the rest of his body didn't receive as much testosterone as he should have had during the washes so not all of his body developed as male fully and he ended up having both male/female anatomy. With trans men and women, the brain develops fully as male/female but the body develops separately entirely with either testosterone washes or lack there of.

Sorry for not getting back to this for so long, but this is just new age pseudo-science used to rationalize transgenderism. Human brains are malleable and there's a near infinite number of reasons that someone might decide to go trans, but it doesn't start in the fetus. Nobody is born trans(gender), in the same way that nobody is born gay.
Oct 7, 2019 9:00 PM

Jan 2014
ex_necross said:
Jotakak said:

Intersex and transgender people are under the same umbrella. For example, while in the womb, all fetuses start as female until hormone washes. In Luca's case, his brain developed as male and the rest of his body didn't receive as much testosterone as he should have had during the washes so not all of his body developed as male fully and he ended up having both male/female anatomy. With trans men and women, the brain develops fully as male/female but the body develops separately entirely with either testosterone washes or lack there of.

Sorry for not getting back to this for so long, but this is just new age pseudo-science used to rationalize transgenderism. Human brains are malleable and there's a near infinite number of reasons that someone might decide to go trans, but it doesn't start in the fetus. Nobody is born trans(gender), in the same way that nobody is born gay.

One of us has science to back our claims and it's definitely not you.
Oct 7, 2019 9:38 PM

Jun 2013
Jotakak said:
ex_necross said:

There are no reputable studies that definitively prove your claims. As a med student, I just had to laugh at that new age pseudo science. Do you actually believe the shit you say man?
Oct 7, 2019 10:01 PM

Jan 2014
ex_necross said:
Jotakak said:

There are no reputable studies that definitively prove your claims. As a med student, I just had to laugh at that new age pseudo science. Do you actually believe the shit you say man?

People like you don't belong in the medical world. Come back when YOU have sources to back your claims.
Oct 7, 2019 10:05 PM

Jun 2013
Jotakak said:
ex_necross said:

People like you don't belong in the medical world. Come back when YOU have sources to back your claims.

Real science doesn't belong in the real world, yeah? That's been 2019 in a nutshell, unfortunately.
Oct 7, 2019 10:06 PM

Jan 2014
ex_necross said:
Jotakak said:

Real science doesn't belong in the real world, yeah? That's been 2019 in a nutshell, unfortunately.

All talk, no sources. Typical 2019.
Oct 9, 2019 10:02 AM

Oct 2013
Kanata no One Dies it is, then.

>be in the deep space future
>biology teacher wears a hairpiece
>deep space future
>still no convenient cure for baldness
>tfw

@Jotakak
Since you're over there telling ex_necross to drop sources, could you do the same? I'm not questioning your claims, but I'd like to do further reading to understand it better.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 12, 2019 5:53 AM

Nov 2014
As i expected, it was private matter between them (actually luca's dad and ulgar's bro), well luca's confession about that I.S quite something haha...(t's like hermaprodhite or what ..?). still, another foreshadowing seems to happen, and more to be unveiled, now who charce really is .. and did most of their parents were the one behind this... i'm getting more and more curious :D.
r16fourarmOct 12, 2019 6:36 AM
Oct 16, 2019 8:12 AM
Feb 2009
I had suspicion luca might've been a girl since he/she gives off that trap vibe fromthe very start anyway I ship Ulgar x Luca lol
Oct 19, 2019 9:18 AM
Aug 2018
I have never understood why people think "killing" someone related to the one they really want to kill is "ok" or justified. The whole reason "I want to see (the true responsable) suffer" is stupid. Especially, if you intend to kill someone in front of 7 witness ! You are just going to get in jail and not be able to "punish" the real guy. Or, people are going to leave without you (on the next planet) and let you to die as soon as they can.

But worst.

I have never understood people who try to kill someone, then, stop... and everyone is like "oh great, let's just forget". No one try to go for the gun (when he let it drop because he is sad) or even immobilize the guy when he is not armed any more.

But worst.

The person he just try to kill for no reason is like "oh great, let's just forget and I'm going to risk my life to save him" and five second latter, I'm just going to joke with him...

This is just drama for the sake of drama. If your action have no consequence, then, it's better if they did not exist in the first place.

Oct 23, 2019 12:16 AM

Jan 2014
Zadion said:
Kanata no One Dies it is, then.

>be in the deep space future
>biology teacher wears a hairpiece
>deep space future
>still no convenient cure for baldness
>tfw

@Jotakak
Since you're over there telling ex_necross to drop sources, could you do the same? I'm not questioning your claims, but I'd like to do further reading to understand it better.

If you truly want to understand, you would spend the time and energy to do some research yourself. I am tired of defending my existence and do not always wish to do labor for complete strangers who usually don't bother to read any of the work/sources I put together anyway. Please understand. If you want to message me, I can provide sources when I have time or answer questions you may have on any research you do yourself.
Oct 24, 2019 6:14 PM

Sep 2016
Welp, as I thought, it was a family issue.

Also, abandonement is even more possible now.

And maybe, we found the culprit? I still think it's too early.
bruh
Dec 1, 2019 1:29 AM

Mar 2015
Great episode! I had a feeling Luca wasn't a dude. Also, looks like Charce is the culprit?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Jan 2, 2020 2:36 AM

Jul 2015
I already was suspicious about Luca's real gender but I definitely didn't expected this.

Love how Luca told Ulgar off for being a "Lone wolf wannabe"

They should be happy that there aren't any big carnivores in those seas

Looks like the suspicion has shifted towards someone else

Jan 3, 2020 12:19 PM

Apr 2015
Luca flashes his tits and causes an earthquake.

*doujin intensifies*
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Jan 15, 2020 10:00 PM

Mar 2017
It's time for Charce's background episode

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Feb 5, 2020 12:46 PM

Dec 2018
Spaceship said:
EcchiGodMamster said:
obviously japan isn't woke and has been doing this kinda thing for a long time, so idgas... but its hard to watch an episode like this and not think of how the west turns this kinda thing into SJW garbage

Referring to Luca's situation? It doesn't feel like they're doing it for wokeness; since I'm pretty sure it fits into the plot. It's not gratuitous like in a lot of western shows, in other words.

i totally agree. in the west sjw crap is shoehorned in so frequently that there are a lot of shows where almost every single character is representative of some kind of "oppression calculus". it's pretty much why i almost exclusively watch anime now.
Feb 5, 2020 12:48 PM

Dec 2018
ex_necross said:
Jotakak said:

exactly this. intersex is a genetic issue, not a mental health one. just because some marxists want to pin everything that isn't a straight white male under some kind of oppression umbrella does not make it true.

anyways, good episode. i figured one of the "too happy/nice to not be suspicious" characters would be it.
Feb 8, 2020 9:45 AM

Sep 2018
Seems like Charce was the traitor, which makes sense. They suggested that the traitor was responsible for producing the wormhole and, If I'm remembering correctly, he was the last one through the wormhole in episode 1, as well as being present when it appeared again in episode 2. Plus, he's the only character whose backstory is completely unknown, and his overly-nice personality was suspicious.
Apr 9, 2020 10:02 PM

Jan 2019
So Space Saskue wants to avenge his brother instead of killing him.

And talk about inter-sex representation in Anime! I'm not one for social justice war waging, but it was genuinely nice to see a character with feminine and masculine traits not played off as a joke for being a trap or be overly sexualized.

Definitely one of, if not the best episode thus far.
Apr 17, 2020 3:20 AM

Feb 2018
So this is girl or boy xD.
Apr 18, 2020 2:52 PM

Feb 2019
Nice episode, Ulga's backstory is interesting.

Luca is an intersex? This is new to me. Ulgar has seen the way in Luca's boobs lol.

Looks like that biology guy is the real assassin.
Based_DepartmentApr 18, 2020 3:08 PM
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
May 2, 2020 1:53 AM

Feb 2018
Darken365 said:
Shirokuza said:

Cleared it up in my last comment. Tis a boy.
yeah i know it, but thanks.
Jun 1, 2020 7:03 AM

Mar 2019
Okay, out of all the things I expected to happen Luca just casually flashing Ulgar was definitely not one of them. A bold move from the creators for sure but a respectable one as well. :D
On the other hand, Charce being the traitor wouldn't surprise me one bit.
OωO
Jul 30, 2020 9:05 PM
Oct 2019
Good episode.

The tsunami part was lame. Surviving it so easily...
Oct 4, 2020 9:53 PM

Sep 2018
Confession/revelation seems ridiculous lol but yeah, I don't want to think too much about logic on this anime.

I like Ulgar x Luca ship haha I think Luca's father is the major reason of their problem now. Last episode when he interviewed, he's so cold while saying he's sad for Luca's disappearance.

I don't want Charce to be impostor >,< I like him too! Actually, I think there's no impostor. 
May 11, 2021 8:26 AM

Aug 2018
"Thats not a mountain, thats a wave!!" Remind me of Interstellar.

When Luca wore a shirt, (s)he suddenly really looked like a girl xD never realized it before.

Hmm.. now it's Charce-san time to shine, impostor?
Aug 2, 2021 1:42 PM

Jan 2021
Knew it!!!just as I thought. Luca is intersex.
Also I kinda ship Ulgar x Luca O_O
Nov 29, 2021 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
Luca's voice of being a shy girl is the best, I need some more!
Ulgar is getting teased by Luca, LMAO.

Quitterie is really pushing it... lol

That was really unexpected, to think Charce could be someone Aries doesn't know of. What is this big turn of events?
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Jan 11, 2022 11:17 AM

Apr 2019
Well, not quite what I predicted earlier but at least Space-Ishigami isn't a traitor. Now Luca's secret(s) was actually a pretty big twist; really couldn't've seen that one coming. As of now, Ulgar and Luca are probably my favourite characters so far.
Also, totally thought that Ulgar was gonna die there for a second.

I'm liking this steady train of character development that the series has going so far.

And now things seems to shift onto Charce which will pre pretty interesting? Wonder what he's hiding.
Nov 8, 2022 7:05 AM

Oct 2022
Luca's gender reveal was interesting, it explains many things about Luca like his situation of his father abusing him because of this. Also this balances the numbers of males/females of the crew: 4 Boys , 4 Girls and Luca.
May 28, 2023 10:25 PM

May 2023
that was a rollercoaster of an episode. so Luca has both kits.

Syureria said:
best of both worlds
Jun 6, 2023 9:20 PM

Aug 2019
Uh oh... Well we've got our next suspect, and I'm convinced it's them as we don't really have anyone else it could be at this point.

This was a nice episode overall. Got some tense fighting and backstory for Luca and Ulgard, and it seems a lot of the students have a bad history with their parents, though maybe not everyone? I don't think we've seen Aries' parents yet, but then there's also Zack's dad, so idk. We'll see!
Jul 16, 2023 11:54 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Some drama, it gets resolved.... and now the BLOND BIOLOGY PLAYBOY IS THE ASSASSIN? Again, probably not, but I guess it can't hurt to get teased a little, again.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Nov 9, 2023 9:44 AM

Jan 2019
Based intersex representation.

This really is just the ship of shitty parenting, more and more clues are pointing to a parent conspiracy. And memories are brought up again so I still suspect memory editing will play into it somehow.

Nov 30, 2023 1:10 AM

Nov 2023
Oh damn, is this becoming an amogus reference anime?
Dec 30, 2023 9:53 PM

Sep 2011
Mannnnn they really played with my feelings on this one. Damn good episode.
Vandelay Industries, this is George Can’t-Stand-Ya speaking, how may I assist you?
Apr 29, 5:00 PM

May 2021
Kinda expected a more intense backstory
And how easy he was talked out of it
Him being the suspect obvious after shy girl’s personal ep and luca this episode only leaving him really
Inhales oxygen
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

348 by SkilledEnder »»
May 3, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 3, 2019

352 by Karva1 »»
Apr 29, 1:43 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.