Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Aug 8, 2019 4:02 AM

Nov 2012
Summer 2019 season is brutal cliffhanger city..... arrg that look on Charce face!
Aug 8, 2019 4:28 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Piromysl said:
I'm actually wondering, whether Ulgar was expecting the others to just allow him back on board after he would commit murder in front of them. Defenitely he didn't thought this plan through.

EcchiGodMamster said:
obviously japan isn't woke and has been doing this kinda thing for a long time, so idgas... but its hard to watch an episode like this and not think of how the west turns this kinda thing into SJW garbage

Yeah, it reminds me of ep 15 of Carole & Tuesday and how they think that Japan is getting woke, not realising that this portray was mere mockery.

Idk what happened in that episode cause I'm not watching it... what was it lol?

But yea... theres been "diverse cast" anime forever... just look at Cyborg 009
Aug 8, 2019 5:44 AM
May 2017
Skipped the last page and a half of replies because the political bs was starting.

I don't recall if a set number of planets they need to travel to to get home was established which might be an indicator of how many episodes are left, but if it's going beyond the usual ~12, a traitor reveal seems a little too premature. The sinister shot of Charce at the end is probably a bait and he's lying for an unrelated reason.
Aug 8, 2019 6:36 AM

Sep 2013
I feel a bit slow not putting the connection between the biological tests mentioned last week and the fact that Quitterie's mother, who is a scientist, just happens to adopt a daughter, Funicia, who has the exact same skin, eyes, hair, and even eyebrows as Quitterie.
Aug 8, 2019 6:40 AM

May 2012
Luca became my favorite character after this episode. Don't care what gender he/she is, he/she is so cute.

The blond biology guy (forgot his name) might be the enemy. He face looks evil after Aries exposed him
Aug 8, 2019 6:49 AM

Apr 2019
JoshsoJB said:
Skipped the last page and a half of replies because the political bs was starting.

I don't recall if a set number of planets they need to travel to to get home was established which might be an indicator of how many episodes are left, but if it's going beyond the usual ~12, a traitor reveal seems a little too premature. The sinister shot of Charce at the end is probably a bait and he's lying for an unrelated reason.

i can tell you we are halfway through the manga (25/49) chapters ( chapter 1 were 3 chapters in 1)
not to mention zack established 5 planets as the course in episode 1
also 12 episodes had been confirmed i thought? but i might be wrong
anyway, its gonna be 12 or 13 max im guessing 12
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 8, 2019 6:53 AM

Feb 2014
I didn't really expect Luca to reveal himself to be a hermaphrodite, but I do like how it was handled overall. It felt more natural and less forced than Carole & Tuesday's 15th episode by some margin.

Ulgar's reasons for wanting to shoot Luca dead was because of Luca's father, Marco, for being involved with the killing of Ulgar's brother, who was the only person that actually cared for Ulgar and didn't treat him like he didn't exist.

But after Luca's reveal, Ulgar's drive to kill Luca completely vaporised. However, a tsunami appeared shortly after an earthquake that put the crew's lives at risk again, but Kanata's muscles and quick thinking actions saved everyone once again. Kanata's becoming more likeable each episode. =)

I also had to laugh at how Luca now teases Ulgar a lot more after telling everyone about his intersexuality, which did make for a funny scene with Ulgar grabbing onto Luca, annoyed, but Luca's vest slowly came off and completely embarrassed Ulgar on the spot. XD

However, the spotlight on who's the traitor is now on Charce, after Aries mentioned that she never saw him at any of the biology classes that she took, which Charce did say that he took part in. Whatever questions I have for him, I'm sure most of them will be answered next time.

Good episode overall. =)
Meta_YoshiAug 14, 2019 2:13 PM
Aug 8, 2019 7:31 AM
Mar 2015
Ulgar x Lucca would be the ultimate revenge on his dad
Aug 8, 2019 9:42 AM

Jun 2016
Wow that reveal, i was kinda expecting Luca to be female but that was something else.. and yeah, it's kind of difficult to not ship him and Ulgar right now, the chemistry between them is amazing xD
It's good to see how Ulgar is FINALLY trying to be more open now.

About the thing they all have in common... could it be that neither of them is a 'normal' human? like, they're all clones? Luca's eyes are way too similar to his father for him to be a mere adopted child, and Funicia that also was adopted is way too similar to Quitterie. Also, Zack's eyes are also similar to Luca's for some reason but maybe i'm reading too much into this already.

And about that end scene.... i was already expecting either Charce or Aries to be the traitor ever since the first episodes, glad to see i was (most likely) right.
But i'm kind of confused right now, in the beginning of this episode i saw how Aries' name in the OP was the only one to be upside down and that made me suspicious of her during the entire thing, only to be revealed that my other suspect was the actual traitor.
Because of that now i'm inclined to think Aries has either some secret or Charce is just another red herring but at this point i doubt it since his reaction seemed to be genuine.
Aug 8, 2019 10:00 AM

Dec 2015
Luca best girl best boi

Tbh, it took me 3 episodes to realize he's a boy (before this episode)

Good episode btw
Aug 8, 2019 10:30 AM
Sep 2010
Looks like the last 6 episodes should cover 4 chapters each, which works out pretty well. Episodes 7, 8 and 9 are gonna be awesome :)
Aug 8, 2019 12:20 PM
Oct 2014
Carp82 said:
I'm not trying to say that I called Luca being a girl, but I totally did call Luca being a girl... kind of. "My revenge was the closest thing I had to a goal in this trash heap of a life" wins my edgiest line of the season award. Ulgar is cemented as my least favorite character now. He made a serious accusation towards someone based on insubstantial evidence and attacked the family member of the accused. At least that proves he'll have a promising career in journalism. Everyone just being cool with Ulgar still having a gun is stupid too. Just because he's the only one that can use it doesn't mean he should have it. What if he just decides one day that Funicia killed his brother and blows her head off?
Kanata just wants to make full use of Ulgar as a weapon. Besides Ulgar was a deadman until Kanata saved him. He seems trustworthy enough. And it’s best not to invoke distrust among the members because then things will really go south
Aug 8, 2019 1:03 PM
Oct 2014
Meta_Yoshi said:
I didn't really expect Luca to be a trans-type of character in this show, but I do like how it was handled overall. It felt more natural and less forced than Carole & Tuesday's 15th episode by some margin.

Ulgar's reasons for wanting to shoot Luca dead was because of Luca's father, Marco, for being involved with the killing of Ulgar's brother, who was the only person that actually cared for Ulgar and didn't treat him like he didn't exist.

But after Luca's reveal, Ulgar's drive to kill Luca completely vaporised. However, a tsunami appeared shortly after an earthquake that put the crew's lives at risk again, but Kanata's muscles and quick thinking actions saved everyone once again. Kanata's becoming more likeable each episode. =)

I also had to laugh at how Luca now teases Ulgar a lot more after telling everyone about his intersexuality, which did make for a funny scene with Ulgar grabbing onto Luca, annoyed, but Luca's vest slowly came off and completely embarrassed Ulgar on the spot. XD

However, the spotlight on who's the traitor is now on Charce, after Aries mentioned that she never saw him at any of the biology classes that she took, which Charce did say that he took part in. Whatever questions I have for him, I'm sure most of them will be answered next time.

Good episode overall. =)
I’m not surprised. Even though Luca may talk like a guy, she looks and sounds female so the whole I was wondering “how tf is she a guy?” And now we finally have an explanation. I’m very satisfied. Btw she’s intersex. She feels like both male and female because her body was born male and female. Her body/hormones affected the way she thinks just like any normal person. Whereas the mind and body of a transgender don’t have a connection, so they have to have surgery to align the gender identity and physical body
Aug 8, 2019 1:25 PM
May 2017
Nim0174 said:
JoshsoJB said:

i can tell you we are halfway through the manga (25/49) chapters ( chapter 1 were 3 chapters in 1)
not to mention zack established 5 planets as the course in episode 1
also 12 episodes had been confirmed i thought? but i might be wrong
anyway, its gonna be 12 or 13 max im guessing 12

Ah then yeah a reveal right about now would make sense lol. This isn't an unpopular anime this season so I expected MAL to be on top of all the info available. Maybe the episode count has been mentioned but MAL just hasn't updated it yet idk
Aug 8, 2019 1:40 PM

Apr 2015
q1w2e3r4t5 said:
Kanata just wants to make full use of Ulgar as a weapon. Besides Ulgar was a deadman until Kanata saved him. He seems trustworthy enough. And it’s best not to invoke distrust among the members because then things will really go south

No point in a weapon if it has a good chance of misfiring on you or one of your allies. Ulgar didn't call off his attack on Luca because he was convinced he shouldn't kill the son of the guy he thinks maybe might have possible been somewhat involved in his brother's death, but just because it wouldn't have made that guy sad. If Marco did actually care about Luca, then Ulgar would have went through with it. Ulgar pointed a gun at one the group members directly in front of all of the other group members. To at the very least not let him have a gun anymore wouldn't be invoking distrust because he has proven that he is objectively untrustworthy to everyone else.
Aug 8, 2019 1:53 PM
Jul 2019

Ok, so on the up side Luca is a girl . but on the down side she is a "HE" EEEEWWWW.

So do we have our enemy in Charce or do we have another guessing to do?
Aug 8, 2019 2:03 PM
Feb 2012
Horn_dawg_2019 said:
Ok, so on the up side Luca is a girl . but on the down side she is a "HE" EEEEWWWW.

sucks to be you!!!!!!!!
Aug 8, 2019 2:27 PM

Oct 2011
Wow this anime has suprised me. I went into this not expecting much but really loving every episode. The way Charce's expression changed at the end was creepy. Can't wait for next episode.
Aug 8, 2019 3:27 PM

Aug 2015
tokidoki921 said:
Who in their right mind would return a gun to someone who just tried to kill one in the crew? That was disappointing but otherwise a good episode.
If Ulgar wanted to kill them, he could have done so already. Obviously he hasn't killed anyone and he is the only person aboard with knowledge about guns. Seems logical to give him back the gun in case the black sheep tries to kill them all.
Aug 8, 2019 3:54 PM

Jun 2013
Is this another one of those anime that doesn't have the balls to actually kill anyone off?
Aug 8, 2019 3:58 PM

Jun 2013
Meta_Yoshi said:
I didn't really expect Luca to be a trans-type of character in this show

He's not trans, he's a hermaphrodite. Don't let the SJWs count this as a win. Unlike trans people, hermaphrodites have a real condition that is the result of a developmental defect.
Aug 8, 2019 5:02 PM

Oct 2016
-The first half of this episode is what finally pushed me to change my 6 to a 5. That was some of the most stereotypical crap I have seen in a while. Very disappointing. My biggest problem with this show is the characters. I feel like the Mangaka just made a dartboard and put a bunch of terms on it like "edgy", "sad backstory", "vengeful", etc. and threw a few darts for each character. Obviously, that's not actually the case, but the characterization is just so artificial in this show. It feels like there was a minimal amount of thought into each character, which is what gives us these bland backstories and quirky character traits.
-So as you all know, the big plot twist of this episode is that Luca is Intersex. This would explain the lack of a swimsuit in the last episode. Now, for those who don't know, Intersex genitalia being mistaken for male genitalia is actually not very uncommon. The manga points out that Luca did not know he was Intersex until "he" started developing breasts. Some may feel like Luca would probably be more comfortable if he got breast reduction surgery. It would probably make things less awkward sometimes as well, but at the same time, I think Luca's mindset may be "I shouldn't have to have plastic surgery for something I don't care about", and if that's the case, I can respect that.
>Zack: "Would a politician kill someone just to hide a corruption problem?"
Are you kidding me? Yes. Yes they would Zack.
-Though Zack does make a good point. He could have found evidence of this whole space debacle. That would definitely put Marco Esposito in a spot where he would feel like assassination of Ulgar's older brother would have been the only way out. Also as Kanata mentions earlier, and as many people in the thread have brought up, most of our protagonists seem to have parental issues. I still feel like this may be some sort of "child disposal" program for rich people, and they threw in a few "unproblemed" children to make it look less obvious.
-Ulgar's Mild Thing shirt was a nice touch. Pretty funny.
-Also, how did Ulgar get a hold of the gun again? He did not have it during the intense moment. What a bunch of garbage.
>"I'm counting on you."
Wooooow, Kanata said that thing that Ulgar's older brother said to him, such amazing writing wooooow!!!
-Did anyone else feel like Charce was about to suck Aries' finger? That guy is so weird.
-As for the ending, if Charce is the villain, I wonder how he is going to explain his way out of this.
If we get a full-fledged villain reveal by the 7th episode of a (supposedly) 12-episode series, I wonder how the rest of this will play out...Either way, I'm already tired of this show, but I, personally, am going to stick it out til the end.

EcchiGodMamster said:
obviously japan isn't woke and has been doing this kinda thing for a long time, so idgas... but its hard to watch an episode like this and not think of how the west turns this kinda thing into SJW garbage

Actual, biologically, Intersex people exist. I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be associated with SJW crap. They can't help they were born that way. And they can't help that their problem is being appropriated by mentally ill lunatics. Don't fault Luca for something he can't really help.

Ten said:
The storytelling in the first half was so lame, I couldn't believe this was actually supposed to be taken seriously. I mean, the way Ulgar just started to retell his sad background story in front of everyone while holding Luca at a gunpoint. And the reasoning for his motive all the more stupid considering he doesn't even have proof that Luca's dad actually killed his brother. And the convenient tsunami just to spice things up at the right moment.

Charce's change in demeanor was probably the only good moment here.

Yes, I completely agree with your first point. The worst part is, I think a lot of people will eat that up. Anime's a lot like Hollywood. There are timeless classics, but there is a lot of artificial BS like this. At least the anime industry is still entertaining these days though, haha. As for your second point, I gotta admit, that Johan stare he gave the "camera" at least has me somewhat anticipated for next week's episode. I wonder how Charce is going to get out of this, if he is the villain.

EcchiGodMamster said:
Spaceship said:

Referring to Luca's situation? It doesn't feel like they're doing it for wokeness; since I'm pretty sure it fits into the plot. It's not gratuitous like in a lot of western shows, in other words.

yea, i know, thats what im saying, japan has always done this kinda thing (is it a boy or a girl??) in a non PC way, for a long time, as everything else they do

its just that, the west has recently forced this stuff on us so hard, its hard not to think about it as im watching lol

its unfortunate i can't just watch and not think, oh god, how are the SJW's and even anti-SJWs gonna react to this?

are some people gonna claim this anime got woke? are SJWs gonna jump for joy believing they've made a mark on anime? i mean.. it sucks i even have to question that

i can already see the article talking about how "the twitter" is reacting -___-

i just wish i could watch this current year and be like, "oh another anime trope" and nothing else.. since thats all it is

I feel you man. PC culture has ruined so much for me. I just want to take things at face value again. The people on Twitter are mostly very plastic, and will eat anything like this up. You just have to work on ignoring it. It is hard, but it's easier if you take breaks from the internet, which is where most of these poor mentally ill folk spend their time pushing uniqueness. Living in a small town helps too, as most of these people live in big cities. Just don't let it take over your mind. There are still plenty of sane communities out there.

Kimurah said:
Ah Kanata no Astra, "inconsistency" is your middle name.

They clearly stated that guns have been banned for more than 100 years in their home planet, when Ulgar found the gun on board the ship. Now they claim that the only way they can get them is by either stealing/getting them from the police or getting a training gun elsewhere. In the end wich one is it? complete ban of guns or did their world just managed to get a proper gun control on it's population?

I could almost feel my hands bleeding by all the edge Ulgar was emanating from himself.

Come sit, and listen to my whole story, while I'm gunpointing at an obvious innocent that has nothing to do with my butthurt

Corny sob flashback √
Resentment and daddy issues √
Brocon syndrome √
Another sob resolution to finally trigger the inner edge on Sasuke /Ulgar
Cliche shonen shout at the end of the story √√

Ulgar's theory and resentment toward Esposito is just retarded as it is his character, and just for the record, this isn't particularly criticsm just pointing out how blindsided Ulgar is, by claiming that the events of his brother's death makes esposito the immediate culprit of it (even his theory that depresed people don't buy gifts to their beloved ones before commiting suicide, when Koe no Katachi is a good exaple of exactly that)

Now lets get back to the planet and the Tsunami. The wave looked quite tall, lets say 15 to 20 meters tall. But by the time it reaches the beach it's tame enough not to at the very least knock the lights out of Ulgar & Luca whom were hit (not to mention that a wave that tall, should have also hit the whole spaceship and dragged it along).

The last loophole in this episode, is how the heck did they get the gun back from the beach? everyone ran for their lives and boarded the ship when they saw the high wave reaching them. Ulgar still has the gun when he picks up Luca, but the gun magically disappears when both are trying to reach the landing platform of the ship.

>The last loophole in this episode, is how the heck did they get the gun back from the beach? everyone ran for their lives and boarded the ship when they saw the high wave reaching them. Ulgar still has the gun when he picks up Luca, but the gun magically disappears when both are trying to reach the landing platform of the ship.
I am very surprised that I have not seen this point more. I was very confused about it too.

Bernrika said:
-Stray said:

I throw out a slur and it suddenly shows I'm clueless when it comes to media politics...

That isn't what makes you clueless. It's that you think Japanese people are some kind of special people (Which is honestly also kinda racist, but then again you are right wing) that doesn't have "politics" in their media or inspiring messages or agenda or what's the new buzzword you kids cooked up nowadays. You think Japanese writers don't have opinions and their works don't have anything to say about anything.

It doesn't take much to read some interviews by Japanese writers to figure that i's wrong, but then again you are clueless. You are the kind of person who watches FMA and thinks it's about a cool dude doing alchemy lol.

This was CLAMP 25 years ago, by the way. Of course you reactionaries don't care, but imagine if a western studio had said this lol. Suddenly it's about the agendaaa (Which is bad because... reasons!!!).

Anyway since you are clueless you probably won't understand this post so I'll post a meme that explains it. You are the dude on the right:

You are so intelligent for being able to see the deeper meaning in every little piece of media. Let us all praise your superior intelligence! You sure showed that guy with that funny picture!
Sorry if that came off as rude, but when I see you people stroking yourself over how you've got the whole world figured out, and how everyone disagrees with you is a stupid, reactionary, racist, it really hits a nerve. You don't know everything, sorry to break the news.
As for CLAMP, they have always been a more "progressive" studio. People don't think Japan is 100% Conservative. Japan is just generally (emphasis on generally, meaning not all Japanese) a country that takes things in as they are, without letting emotions blind them. They like knowing the truth, which is why, for the most part, they don't buy into the "sex doesn't equal gender" crap.
Thinking that Japanese people and Westerners have different ideas on certain things is not racist. Japan was mostly isolated for a long time, so is it racist to believe that Japanese people handle politics in a different way? No one ever said they were a "special people". They generally do have a very different mindset than the Western mindset. Is acknowledging differences racism to you?

Meta_Yoshi said:
I didn't really expect Luca to be a trans-type of character in this show, but I do like how it was handled overall. It felt more natural and less forced than Carole & Tuesday's 15th episode by some margin.

Good episode overall. =)

>I didn't really expect Luca to be a trans-type of character in this show
He is not trans though. He is biologically Intersex. Read into Intersex anatomy, it is a purely biological thing, unlike transgender, which is mostly mental.

Horn_dawg_2019 said:

So do we have our enemy in Charce or do we have another guessing to do?

Sorry, but you are wrong. Intersex people have biological features of both males and females. He may have breasts, but he also has broader shoulders than an average female would. And have very peculiar looking genitalia too. Feel free to look up Intersex genitalia, but I will warn you, most of the pictures are not very pleasant. I had to learn all about this in my Anatomy and Biology classes. It is definitely very interesting.

PikslapAug 8, 2019 5:08 PM
Aug 8, 2019 5:06 PM

Jan 2011
EcchiGodMamster said:
Spaceship said:

Referring to Luca's situation? It doesn't feel like they're doing it for wokeness; since I'm pretty sure it fits into the plot. It's not gratuitous like in a lot of western shows, in other words.

yea, i know, thats what im saying, japan has always done this kinda thing (is it a boy or a girl??) in a non PC way, for a long time, as everything else they do

its just that, the west has recently forced this stuff on us so hard, its hard not to think about it as im watching lol

its unfortunate i can't just watch and not think, oh god, how are the SJW's and even anti-SJWs gonna react to this?

are some people gonna claim this anime got woke? are SJWs gonna jump for joy believing they've made a mark on anime? i mean.. it sucks i even have to question that

i just wish i could watch this current year and be like, "oh another anime trope" and nothing else.. since thats all it is

Rage harder.

charlimitscaneatmyassholeout
Aug 8, 2019 6:20 PM

Jul 2010
Phasferous said:
I'd like to point out that Luca isn't a Herm. He's a Trannie.

There's a point in the episode that essentially confirms this.

Hard to deny it when there are clear indications when the author inserts like this. "Transient Love"? Nice give away anime...

I don't mind or care if there's a trans, herm, futa or any other gender in a anime or manga. It's when it's so blatantly shoehorned into the narrative like this is where I take issue. Compared to all of the other characters in this show thus far, Luca has actually had the least amount of screen-time or interactions compared to all the other characters.

So this sudden and big reveal reeks of political pandering and real world identity politics in a fictional story and setting. Real great way to disincentivize viewers from continuing a sure fire way to drag the current 2019 political climate into what was otherwise a pretty fun and enjoyable story.

Dude, it's just words on a shirt. Don't read so deep into it. Nobody's shoving political stuff into anything. Intersex people exist IRL, so what's wrong with writing characters who happen to be so? It's not like it's going to take over the story or anything.
Aug 8, 2019 6:39 PM

Feb 2010
Carp82 said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

No point in a weapon if it has a good chance of misfiring on you or one of your allies. Ulgar didn't call off his attack on Luca because he was convinced he shouldn't kill the son of the guy he thinks maybe might have possible been somewhat involved in his brother's death, but just because it wouldn't have made that guy sad. If Marco did actually care about Luca, then Ulgar would have went through with it. Ulgar pointed a gun at one the group members directly in front of all of the other group members. To at the very least not let him have a gun anymore wouldn't be invoking distrust because he has proven that he is objectively untrustworthy to everyone else.

It's my head cannon that part of Ulgar didn't want to pull the trigger. To the best of my knowledge he has never taken another human life before, even if he has been planing to for years. This isn't even the target of his wrath, it's a proxy and someone he has been getting to know over the past 50+ days. They even had some bonding time on the cliff recently. I believe the reason why he was giving his back story instead of just shooting him without warning was to try and build up the courage to do so.
Aug 8, 2019 7:53 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pikslap said:

EcchiGodMamster said:

Actual, biologically, Intersex people exist. I'm sure a lot of them don't want to be associated with SJW crap. They can't help they were born that way. And they can't help that their problem is being appropriated by mentally ill lunatics. Don't fault Luca for something he can't really help.

i never implied they didn't exist and i never said anything of the sort lol

Pikslap said:

EcchiGodMamster said:

I feel you man. PC culture has ruined so much for me. I just want to take things at face value again. The people on Twitter are mostly very plastic, and will eat anything like this up. You just have to work on ignoring it. It is hard, but it's easier if you take breaks from the internet, which is where most of these poor mentally ill folk spend their time pushing uniqueness. Living in a small town helps too, as most of these people live in big cities. Just don't let it take over your mind. There are still plenty of sane communities out there.

its quite unfortunate that all companies seem to be seeing online are the radicals who push for shit NO ONE asks for

QWERTYFish25 said:
EcchiGodMamster said:

Rage harder.

charlimitscaneatmyassholeout

not until you bait harder :D
Aug 8, 2019 8:26 PM

Dec 2009
What a clown show this forum thread became...

Irony: i see an assload of people bitching about SJW shit, yet no SJW shit to be seen. Stop bringing it up, and it will stop being a problem, duh.

Anyone who didn't notice, refer to my prior post where i rip apart anything and everything on this topic and why it's dumb, yet people are still going smh. Unusual characters like this are normal in anime and manga etc, and have been since forever, it's an experimental medium. Japan pretty much unanimously thinks all of the political stuff of the west is completely nonsensical and can't even understand it, and they be in good judgement.
GenesisAriaAug 8, 2019 8:32 PM
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Aug 8, 2019 8:55 PM
Apr 2015
this episode lost me at intersex. so peak 2019 and so ridiculously improbable/convenient. up until the gun thing it was pretty much space ditzes for kids and I had high hopes something tangible was happening in this episode. I'm probably checking out. #1 let down of the season. my opinion anyway. I hope it turns around for all you sticking with it.
Aug 8, 2019 9:10 PM

Apr 2019
GenesisAria said:

Irony: i see an assload of people bitching about SJW shit, yet no SJW shit to be seen. Stop bringing it up, and it will stop being a problem, duh.

Anyone who didn't notice, refer to my prior post where i rip apart anything and everything on this topic and why it's dumb, yet people are still going smh. Unusual characters like this are normal in anime and manga etc, and have been since forever, it's an experimental medium. Japan pretty much unanimously thinks all of the political stuff of the west is completely nonsensical and can't even understand it, and they be in good judgement.

Japan is not alone
as a European i have no idea why the people here talk about this crap xD
i don't understand it, i think its nonsensical as well

isn't that just an american thing?
You son of a .. turtle

Aug 8, 2019 9:32 PM

Oct 2008
oh Luca is intrasexual 2 genders huh...and Luca always teases Ulgar...
why are there so many potential traitors?
4/5.

Aug 8, 2019 10:04 PM
Jun 2017
hmmm, im intrigued by what kanata is thinking --- does they really have all the same commonalities why they have been chosen and planning to be killed? im too love to know that one..

and next weeks episode is all about charce? hmm whats the mystery behind him? im excited for this one
Aug 8, 2019 10:27 PM

Dec 2009
Nim0174 said:
GenesisAria said:

Japan is not alone
as a European i have no idea why the people here talk about this crap xD
i don't understand it, i think its nonsensical as well

isn't that just an american thing?

Well instead of socio-political retardation, you got authoritarian insanity instead.

Aug 9, 2019 1:03 AM
Oct 2014
Carp82 said:
q1w2e3r4t5 said:

that would be true if he didnt redeem himself near the end when he and Luca were in the water. He let go so that he would drag Luca with him. Sacrificing yourself like that takes guts. I will agree that it’s stupid to take revenge on someone by killing their loved ones that are innocent. And Ulgar seems like a logical guy. He should have known this. Plot hole. I blame the author not Ulgar
Aug 9, 2019 2:34 AM

May 2018
GenesisAria said:

Well instead of socio-political retardation, you got authoritarian insanity instead.

What, really?

All of Europe is authoritarian?
Like doesn't we have here a big variety of countries with different political situations and traditions?
And even the monarchies aren't strait up authoritarian because monarch's governing abilities are limited.

And yeah, enough socio-political mess here too.

On the main topic - what happen with Charce is a bit too obvious and too early.
I think there is some other explanation. Maybe he was overweight and got in shape (+ painted his hair) just for the field trip.
Like his mother is a bit on the thick side and brunette.
Maybe he is presenting himself as a playboy, trying to be something totally different from his old persona.
Turning a new leaf of sorts.
alshuAug 9, 2019 3:37 AM
Aug 9, 2019 5:16 AM

Jun 2019
I cringed a little. Okay episode 6/10. Drama was a little painful to watch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 9, 2019 5:50 AM

Apr 2012
@Bernrika Without even saying that this is only the author’s theoretical thoughts, trying to surprise someone with tolerance from Clamp? Lol, with the same logic, you can tell me that the rain is wet.

Not to mention how they bashfully destroyed their own messege, removing the lolicon subplot after a complaint from Western audiences or turned Tomoyo into an eternally single girl. If her love interest were male, then people like you would call it extremely sexist pandering to a male audience.

@Mich666 I know the main twists of this show, so it's hard for me to discuss its plot without massive spoilers.

In any case, I believe that the best representation or social commentary is to correctly incorporate this into the plot or personality of the characters. For example, in the already mentioned CCS, gays and lesbians don't exist only to be gays and lesbians, not to mention that this is not portrayed as a kind of superpower. In turn, Yagatte Kimi ni Naru deliberately avoids any yuritopia's shit, focusing on the lesbian nature of the characters only when the plot needs it, and not trying to sell lesbians as a fetish. I do not want to say that Carole and Tuesday is a bad show or something like that, but I definitely don’t like the representation of “hey, look, we have a qeer character! Diversity!!”.

@GenesisAria Oh dude. How I hate people who try to politicize anime and manga. Starting from idiotic attempts to see allusions to the Holocaust in the Goblin Slayer and ending with the famous complaints of rape in Shield Hero. If you follow their logic, then people like me simply can’t exist, since I support the rights of LGBTQ without being left-wing and not believing that sexuality should become a political theme.

@Pikslap If you think that PC culture in the USA is terrible, then you just haven't seen what is called "progressive views" in Russia. For example, many Russian feminists write almost openly that women should see potential rapists even in their own fathers, brothers and sons, because everything that is somehow connected with the concept of “male” is toxic and problematic. Others seriously scare young girls about pregnancy, arguing that they must have an abortion or simply avoid conception, because pregnancy and childbirth are very dangerous for a woman's health, so it should be avoided.

So, if you are a Russian guy or girl, you will never call yourself a feminist or talk about social justice, even if you fully support women's or LGBTQ rights. If Russian politics weren’t generally a very mad shit and their opponents weren’t exactly the same nuts, I would really start thinking about voting for Trump, lol.
RobertBobertAug 9, 2019 6:20 AM
Aug 9, 2019 7:59 AM

Feb 2013
Ulgar is sooooooo Toi from Sarazanmai lmao also same seiyuu (gotta love Uchi's voice).

Also what the hell, people getting political about Luca's intersex condition instead of discussing the episode itself, pffffft.

Firechick12012 said:

Dude, it's just words on a shirt. Don't read so deep into it. Nobody's shoving political stuff into anything. Intersex people exist IRL, so what's wrong with writing characters who happen to be so? It's not like it's going to take over the story or anything.

Basically that, thanks for pointing it out!
Aug 9, 2019 11:22 AM

May 2018
[quote=RobertBobert message=58135597]@JiangHaoyi1979 He is a man with an intersex body, which is why he developed an inferiority complex with his male identity. More information will require spoil the main intrigue of all the work, so I will not disclose it.

Yeah I know that, what I mean was they should used the correct word "Hermaphrodite,"
Aug 9, 2019 11:38 AM

Dec 2009
alshu said:
GenesisAria said:
Like doesn't we have here a big variety of countries with different political situations and traditions?
European Union is forcing a lot of retarded policies and moving towards fascist nature. Ofc everywhere has everything, i'm talking about general and what is dominant.

RobertBobert said:
@GenesisAria Oh dude. How I hate people who try to politicize anime and manga. Starting from idiotic attempts to see allusions to the Holocaust in the Goblin Slayer and ending with the famous complaints of rape in Shield Hero. If you follow their logic, then people like me simply can’t exist, since I support the rights of LGBTQ without being left-wing and not believing that sexuality should become a political theme.
That goes for people like myself too, i have some insanely controversial views (especially extreme sexual liberty), some of which could get me lynched if i was too vocal haha... That said, don't hate the person, just despise the action - most people are dumb/reactionary and their views not even necessarily their fault, but imposed upon their suggestibility - they are simply victims of a decaying society.

The general rule of social issues: the more people talk and argue about something, the more of a problem it becomes; stop talking about it and the problem goes away. (things are easier to change when nobody cares either way and there isn't as much resistance to it)

GenesisAriaAug 9, 2019 11:47 AM

Aug 9, 2019 11:45 AM

Oct 2017
Wow some really unexpected revelation was just made on this episode. So Luca is purple sakura after all, not a male nor a female and Ulgar's grudge was against Luca's dad after all. Kanata shines again this episode by saving those two , I seriously like this guy. Also lol Aries trying to make Kanata jealous brought on some really nasty secrets to light , looks like she found out the real culprit lol.
Aug 9, 2019 12:26 PM
Dec 2018
''im going to kill you as a revenge for your father killing my brother''

-''but im a transgender!''

-''okay you get a pass''

lol. like his father not being sad would change anything. what a retarted scene. still good episode

him being a transgender has nothing to do with the plot. they just revealed it for sjw reasons
Aug 9, 2019 12:59 PM

Oct 2018
IRON_FIST1984 said:

-''okay you get a pass''

lol. like his father not being sad would change anything. what a retarted scene. still good episode

him being a transgender has nothing to do with the plot. they just revealed it for sjw reasons

I just cannot believe this stupidity. Congratulations for making the stupidest comment on the episode yet. That wasn't easy.

1. He wants to kill him to hurt his father. This is useless if the father isn't interested in him.
2. He isn't transgender, he's intersex. Learn the difference.
3. If you can't see the correlation between his condition and plot, then thats not on the anime, it's on you. The correlation with the plot is so evident, why are you not getting it?

This thread is just a mess. Dozens of snowflakes being triggered by one character who is different. Please just leave if you are this fragile.
Aug 9, 2019 1:01 PM

Apr 2012
@GenesisAria This increasingly reminds me of the old Russian (?) proverb "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

@IRON_FIST1984 Lol, he thought that Luca was the same as his father, but it turned out that Luca also was despised by his father. Therefore, Ulgar showed sympathy for him and spared.

Aug 9, 2019 1:35 PM
Dec 2018
TheMytherion said:
IRON_FIST1984 said:

-''okay you get a pass''

I just cannot believe this stupidity. Congratulations for making the stupidest comment on the episode yet. That wasn't easy.

1. He wants to kill him to hurt his father. This is useless if the father isn't interested in him.
2. He isn't transgender, he's intersex. Learn the difference.
3. If you can't see the correlation between his condition and plot, then thats not on the anime, it's on you. The correlation with the plot is so evident, why are you not getting it?

This thread is just a mess. Dozens of snowflakes being triggered by one character who is different. Please just leave if you are this fragile.

intersex is so rare that its obvious they shoved it to glorify transgenders. sjw reasons. no there wasent any reason for luca to show his tits and reveal hes intersex. nothing to do with whatever his father likes him or not. of he dident liked him he wouldent adopt him. this was shoved for sjw reasons for sure.
Aug 9, 2019 2:34 PM

Oct 2018
IRON_FIST1984 said:

intersex is so rare that its obvious they shoved it to glorify transgenders. sjw reasons. no there wasent any reason for luca to show his tits and reveal hes intersex. nothing to do with whatever his father likes him or not. of he dident liked him he wouldent adopt him. this was shoved for sjw reasons for sure.

Wow you really are dumb. You fail to understand a plot that even gradeschoolers are able to understand. You're obsessed with "sjw" (who even says that word unironically), that you can't see reason in the most reasoned things. You're bringing up ridiculous arguments, that you are presenting as facts.
You're behaving like a clown, get out.
TheMytherionAug 9, 2019 2:40 PM
Aug 9, 2019 4:01 PM

May 2018
GenesisAria said:
European Union is forcing a lot of retarded policies

Every country does that but you are a bit vague here - can you give me some examples?
Or you are simply convinced that all europeans stink or something?

GenesisAria said:
and moving towards fascist nature

Yes lately it leans a bit to the right but it's not nazi...yet...and this is more of a global thing.
Corruption and lobbyism everywhere, those are EU's main problems (plus some backstabbing friends)...and you are right that in those conditions of economical decay the fascists will bloom but on legislative terms not there yet.

And how are the things where you live? Like I literally don't know where you are from. Can you assure me that people around you feel free lately and not oppressed by the government?

GenesisAria said:
Ofc everywhere has everything, i'm talking about general and what is dominant.

Yeah, but you don't know where Nim0174 lives. Maybe he is from some good place.

For a counter example the place where I live can be called a bit authoritarian...but only on a functional level (because some guys have taken the power and wouldn't allow others to take it), theoretically speaking we are totally free and democratic country...part of EU, NATO ect.
Aug 9, 2019 4:23 PM

Dec 2009
@alshu anyone who has any remote clue about current events should know exactly what i'm talking about... like the internet copyright shit and so on.

i live in canada, and people are pretty apathetic to political shit here.

anyway, gonna just end the topic.

Aug 9, 2019 5:21 PM

May 2014
GenesisAria said:
alshu said:
European Union is forcing a lot of retarded policies and moving towards fascist nature. Ofc everywhere has everything, i'm talking about general and what is dominant.
The member states that are moving towards authoritarian government are doing it in violation of EU treaties. The European Parliament has quite literally voted in favor of launching another Article 7 procedure against a member state, in addition to the previously existing one. Blaming the EU institutions for the authoritarianism of individual member states makes no sense.

GenesisAria said:
@alshu anyone who has any remote clue about current events should know exactly what i'm talking about... like the internet copyright shit and so on.
I oppose the Copyright Directive too, but I wouldn't call it fascist. "Right-wing corporate" would make more sense. Fascists could use some of the related technologies to more easily further their ends, but that's different.
Aug 9, 2019 6:00 PM

Jul 2015
The trap... was a trap? I don't know, what do we call someone who is intersex? Anyway, Luca had a lot to reveal, which surprised me a whole lot more than Ulgar not being the actual traitor but wanting to kill Luca for personal reasons was... though that's only because I read people's theories. I now have a greater love for Luca's character.

Guess Charce is hiding something now though, especially with that overly serious face at the end so I guess he's the target for the next episode.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 10, 2019 4:52 AM

Apr 2015
Apparently the director is another proponent of 'tell, don't show'. Needless to say I'm not a fan.

Passable but flat episode.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2019

202 by DebiPS »»
Apr 18, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

347 by naturalbrawler »»
Mar 20, 8:24 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

304 by Sakagami_Tomoyo »»
Mar 3, 5:10 PM

» how this is not more popular.

Sayms - Jan 15, 2022

21 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 10:45 AM

Poll: » Kanata no Astra Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

168 by asalkur »»
Jan 2, 5:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.