Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you wish received a second season, but didn't.

New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 17, 2019 6:44 AM

Jun 2019
I know it's going against the question slightly, but I REALLY wish Kuromukuro had gotten a third season. It ended on a cliffhanger and simply never continued. Argh.

Jul 17, 2019 8:50 AM
Jul 2018
No Game no Life. Because why not?

PANDORA HEARTS because the manga was beautiful!

Saiki kusuo no psi nan. Technically, it has a second season but I really want more.

Tokyo Ghoul. On second thoughts, no. The manga is worth a read.

Deadman Wonderland. Read the manga. Liked it. Wish I could see it animated.

Charlotte. In all honesty, the could've just had a second season instead of squeezing a hella good plot into 12 or so episodes.
Jul 17, 2019 9:18 AM
May 2019
No Game No life

~Why is there no second season?~

Jul 17, 2019 11:06 AM
Jul 2018
well if u want a list it will become endless cuz there are so many anime series that deserve 2nd season and some even more
Jul 17, 2019 11:18 AM

Dec 2018
-Classroom of the Elite
-The Devil is a Part-Timer
-Yona of the Dawn
-God Eater
-Chivalry of a Failed Knight
Oregairu is life
Jul 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Sep 2017
Still waiting for the 3rd season of Spice and Wolf

VYXZ said:
No game no life and Made in Abyss for sure.

You know there will be a Made in Abyss movie in January 2020, adapting the Bondrewd story arc I hope ?
Jul 17, 2019 11:31 AM

Feb 2016
Kurgo said:
Does it? I was pretty happy with how it finished and I can't really imagine what a second season would be good for to be honest.

As for myself, definitely hataraku maou-sama is the one I'd want a sequel for immediately. Death parade could also be served extremely well by a sequel, considering how some aspects of it were heating up right before it ended.

As for "just a sequel pls", then natsume youjinchou, can't really ever have enough of that.
Does it need one? No, does it deserve one? For me, definitely. It's personally one of my favorite romance anime and I would love to see an actual relationship explored after graduation the way Clannad and Itazura Na Kiss did. Especially since he promised to marry her.

Even if it isn't canon, there's plenty of options to create a meaningful second season with.
Jul 17, 2019 12:26 PM
A Monster

May 2018
I thought that Akuma No Riidle deserves a second season but I don't think that there is enough source material. Tanya The Evil needs a second and Bloom into You and Citrus. Flip Flappers would have been outstanding to have had a second. There are so many great anime out there the really deserves to have a second, but many of them may not have the source material or just was not popular enough or made enough money :(
"Never Give Up Without A Fight" By Zuko
Jul 17, 2019 12:32 PM
Mar 2018
A lot of people have been saying Made in Abyss and, yeah 100%, but I see it as something that still could very much happen.

And I really hope we get a 2nd season of Hinamatsuri, another one still possible to be announced.
Jul 17, 2019 12:39 PM
May 2014
In my opinion these deserved a second season:

- 07-Ghost (it's a good mystery manga)
- Akatsuki no Yona
- Barakamon
- Hataraku Maou-sama!
- Koi wa Ameagari no You ni
- Magi (technically 3rd season to wrap everything up.)
- Pandora Hearts (it's one of my favorite manga series and I'd love a proper continuation instead of that anime only ending.)
Jul 17, 2019 12:42 PM
May 2014
MEmpire said:
A lot of people have been saying Made in Abyss and, yeah 100%, but I see it as something that still could very much happen.

And I really hope we get a 2nd season of Hinamatsuri, another one still possible to be announced.

There is announced that Made in Abyss will get a sequel (movie in this case) in 2020. Though I understand if many would prefer a TV series instead.
Jul 17, 2019 1:02 PM

Jul 2011
I wish Aho Girl would get another season but it probably will never happen.
Jul 17, 2019 1:04 PM

Aug 2007
Dolabella said:
I think One Punch Man deserves a second season.

Are talking about third season right?
Jul 17, 2019 1:04 PM

Dec 2012
So far some I'd watch more of are:

Yes, I know some of them have had sequels announced but they haven't aired yet.
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Jul 17, 2019 1:07 PM
Jul 2018
Death Parade
After the Rain
Neither of these needs a second season but it would be nice.
Jul 17, 2019 1:08 PM

Mar 2012
Seirei no Moribito. There's more novel material and a lot of people would love to see more, but they don't consider it.

Tsubasa Chronicle. It had a sequel OVA, skipped an important arc and adapted the next one in another OVA, and it left out the ending which could have been fit in not that much episodes. That kind of mess is just not fair, they should just remake it all or at least adapt what's left.

Pandora Hearts. The manga is super popular even on MAL and the adaptation wasn't bad, especially with awesome Yuki Kajiura music, but they never made a sequel, now that's a mystery.

D-Frag! Fun comedy anime that actually made me laugh, but they never intended to make a sequel.

Barakamon. More seasons would have been great, and the manga is completed with 18 volumes.

Gugure! Kokkuri-san. Another fun comedy, doesn't seem that it will have a sequel.

Hyouka. The novel is on hiatus but there's enough material for one or two cours, it deserves it. Maybe they don't make it because the novel kind of ends with a cliff-hanger...
Jul 17, 2019 1:14 PM

Aug 2017
No Game No Life
Aiura
Hi☆sCoool! SeHa Girls
One Outs
Ouran Koukou Host Club
Pupa
Soul Eater NOT!
Tonari no Seki-kun
Jul 17, 2019 1:31 PM

May 2018
Akagi and One Outs. Both animes are stopped just at the beginning of the story. Both mangas are finished long ago.
Also there's Kaiji, which has only 2 parts adapted while there are 3 more manga parts that are already finished - three potential anime seasons

Jul 17, 2019 6:03 PM
Jun 2019
Pandora hearts, though i think it deserves a brotherhood treatment like FMA
Jul 17, 2019 6:05 PM

Jul 2015
Nemo_Niemand said:
Akagi and One Outs. Both animes are stopped just at the beginning of the story. Both mangas are finished long ago.
Also there's Kaiji, which has only 2 parts adapted while there are 3 more manga parts that are already finished - three potential anime seasons

madhouse is evil for dropping all of my gambling lads partway like that
Feb 2016
One outs. That was such a good series

Aug 2018
The Devil Is A Part Timer
Oreshura
One outs

Jul 17, 2019 6:36 PM

Dec 2016
Still waiting for a Devil is a Part-Timer! continuation :( that thing was legit one of the most hilarious shows I've ever encountered
Jul 17, 2019 6:45 PM
Jul 2019
Before I properly started watching anime, I binge watched Highschool of the Dead in one sitting on Netflix and thought it was the greatest thing ever (I now know that that is a low tier anime compared to watch I've watched now lol).

The ending made me want a second season which never came and apparently that's because the writer died before finishing the manga or something? Not to sure but yeah, guess we'll never get a season 2.
Jul 17, 2019 9:58 PM

Jul 2017
Not at all a second season but I wish silver spoon would get a third season at some point. With the manga on hiatus though it tis unlikely.
Jul 17, 2019 11:02 PM

Apr 2017
Baccano. That was one of my favorite anime, and I wish more content was adapted from the novel, but that never happened, and it most likely never will.
Only in death are we all equal.
Jul 17, 2019 11:30 PM

Jan 2019
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Was a fun show that kinds of leaves off right when things are starting to heat up. In addition to that I would also say

Killing Bites and Devil is a Part Timer! (because the mangas have done some interesting stuff from where the show left off)
Saki (although probably have to wait another year or so for when they finally finish the tournament arc)
Kaiji Ultimate Survivor (IDC if other people dislike Mahjong and that's why the rest of it never got adapted, they have some interesting gambles after where season 2 leaves off).
Akagi (now that they have finally finished that arc that took decades to make, it would be interested to see it animated, even if it was only an OVA or something)
Nanbaka (if only because the cliffhanger at the end of season 2 was some crap)
Jul 18, 2019 12:06 AM

Jul 2016
Houseki no Kuni needs a second season
Jul 18, 2019 12:20 AM

Feb 2017
That should be:
-WataMote!
-Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (I read the manga and there was a lot of things that I wish I could see it in a 2nd season...!)
-Shirobako (Who cares that there's a movie in the way? What I want is a @!#$%&* second season!!!)
-Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (Also, this applies to the live-action adaptation. Nobody asked for this, we want a second season!!!)
-Asobi Asobase
-Blend S
-Demi-chan wa Kataritai (ASAP!!!)
-Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Also, the live-action is totally uncalled for...)
-Kaleido Star
-Plastic-nee san
-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-Tsurezure Children

(These folks doesn't understand that some of us doesn't want live-action adaptations. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!!! Use that budgets to make another F****** SEASON!!!)
We are EVERYWHERE...
Jul 18, 2019 12:29 AM

Jul 2016
Metal Fighter Miku, and the other 0verflow games that are School Days spin-offs should receive anime.
Jul 18, 2019 12:44 AM

Sep 2017
On top of my head:

Hataraku Maou-Sama
No Game No Life
Jul 18, 2019 4:49 AM

May 2018
Pandora Hearts, but the first season should've had a better pacing. If they decide to have a remake that'd be great too, because people are seriously missing out on this gem.
Jul 18, 2019 5:02 AM

Dec 2015
No Game No Life

Hataraku Maou-sama!

Houseki no Kuni

Claymore (preferably a reboot)

Jul 18, 2019 5:03 AM

Jun 2019
Of Course
1)Highschool Of The Dead
2)Btooom!
3)Gai Rei:Zero
4)Tokyo ESP
5)Brothers Conflict
6)Code Breaker
7)Charlotte
8)Prison School
Jul 18, 2019 5:14 AM

Jan 2019
Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn).

I mean the story literally just started with the last member of the team being introduced and then it was over.
Jul 18, 2019 5:18 AM

Oct 2017
I’d really love a second season of Aku no Hana.

But I know it will never happen...
Jul 18, 2019 5:41 AM
Jul 2018
AnimaExZero said:
That should be:
-WataMote!
-Kaichou wa Maid-sama! (I read the manga and there was a lot of things that I wish I could see it in a 2nd season...!)
-Shirobako (Who cares that there's a movie in the way? What I want is a @!#$%&* second season!!!)
-Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (Also, this applies to the live-action adaptation. Nobody asked for this, we want a second season!!!)
-Asobi Asobase
-Blend S
-Demi-chan wa Kataritai (ASAP!!!)
-Kaguya-sama: Love is War (Also, the live-action is totally uncalled for...)
-Kaleido Star
-Plastic-nee san
-Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
-Tsurezure Children

(These folks doesn't understand that some of us doesn't want live-action adaptations. WHO CARES ABOUT THAT!!! Use that budgets to make another F****** SEASON!!!)

Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii (Also, this applies to the live-action adaptation. Nobody asked for this, we want a second season!!!)
the material stock are still not enough to be animated, and live action adaptation don't have any relation to anime adaptation.
Jul 18, 2019 5:42 AM

May 2014
Now i think about it a lot of anime i wanted to get a second season have gotten one. Noragami, High score Girl, Durarara etc.

I'd love another Death Note season. I know there's no manga left to adapt, but an anime original story would be interesting.
Jul 18, 2019 5:47 AM
Nov 2015
Devil is a part timer. Oh and honestly even though I didn't like it too much, Tokyo Ravens. Indifferent about the ending. "Kinda Worked" still gets to me
Jul 18, 2019 5:54 AM

Apr 2015
inflowing said:
Ouran Host Club (even though lately there is a rumor going around of it POSSIBLY getting a second season after all these years)

Agree. I felt there was still more story to be told.

- I would've like to have seen a sequel set in the same universe as Digimon Tamers, with a new cast.
- Arslan Senki ended in disappointing fashion. More story to be told there.
- Prison School! I don't remember how this show ended, but I remember it was hilarious and wouldn't mind another season.
- B: The Beginning
- Ore Monogatari
- Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
- Lastly - High School of the Dead. Although I know we will never see anything new from this series, which is sad.
Fap_KingJul 18, 2019 6:01 AM
Jul 18, 2019 10:01 AM

Feb 2017
weird/unpopular choice but i immediately thought of sankarea? its not that great but the anime stopped before an actual romance could happen between the main characters, which is what it was obviously building to and that was the whole point why i was interested in it. i know i could just read the manga to know what happens next but im not that into manga except in rare cases.

i'd love if oshiete! galko chan and asobi asobase got a second season too. maybe those could stil happen some day.
Jul 18, 2019 10:02 AM
Jul 2017
OURAN BABEY !!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!7274rfqyr
Jul 18, 2019 10:18 AM

Dec 2016
btooom! - the plot only improves past the point where the first season finishes.

elleb said:
OURAN BABEY !!!!!1!!!!!!!!1!!7274rfqyr

you may be in luck. there have been mentions of a second season being produced.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jul 18, 2019 10:38 AM
Dec 2013
I hope Yuragisou no Yuuna-san gets a second season someday. Xebec (who did the first season) no longer exists, but it'd be ridiculous if a second season was never made just because of that.
wildhoodJul 18, 2019 10:49 AM
Jul 18, 2019 10:44 AM

Jan 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
Berserk (1997)

Usagi Drop

Sora no Woto

Hanasaku Iroha

Elfen Lied

Any of these, please.

There are other one season shows I enjoy immensely, but for which another season was always an unrealistic prospect as they masterfully and conclusively told their story in one. Above ones feel too short, left on a cliffhanger or slightly unfinished feeling, or just in some other way incomplete like more could have been done.

oof trust me, you don't want a season 2 of Usagi Drop

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Jul 18, 2019 1:30 PM

May 2016
Strawberry Panic - idk wtf the story would be though xD
Jul 18, 2019 9:10 PM

Oct 2016
i wished Noragami had a 3rd season :'C

Jul 18, 2019 9:13 PM
Mar 2014
The Daily Life of High School Boys

Lucky Star. There was a spinoff that was a complete 180 in it's theme.
Can't have a Rainbow with REYN, BABY!
Jul 18, 2019 9:57 PM

Oct 2014
Off the top of my head, I would have really liked to see a second season of Mahouka.
Jul 19, 2019 12:44 AM

Jun 2019
LittleJegster said:
i wished Noragami had a 3rd season :'C

This, along with Hajime no Ippo and Prison School.
No anime is non-canon. Non-canon is canon, but on a different world line.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 7 hours ago

10 by meyve »»
30 seconds ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

16 by Maou_heika »»
1 minute ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 8 minutes ago

1 by tchitchouan »»
2 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - 3 hours ago

8 by mshfqtny »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 5 hours ago

25 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
5 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.