Forums
New
Jul 9, 2019 3:07 AM
Dec 2017
Same motif with Shield Hero but bad.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 9, 2019 3:08 AM
Dec 2018
Its similar but it has different concepts.
Jul 9, 2019 3:30 AM

Jul 2014
Not even close, Naofumi can't do raids if he has no attacker, this MC is your typical isekai OP mc where he doesnt really need a party but gets a harem just to get a tap at them.
Jul 9, 2019 3:39 AM

Apr 2018
Wait... shield hero isn't bad?
Jul 9, 2019 4:02 AM

Jan 2015
Are you implying that Shield Hero is good?
Jul 9, 2019 4:21 AM

Feb 2017
Jfs_ said:

Xenocrisi said:

Asking the real questions
Jul 9, 2019 4:31 AM

Oct 2018
Jfs_ said:

You might think it is, many there are many many people who liked it, and it's actually pretty popular

IMO it was really great, it's one of my favorites as well
Jul 9, 2019 4:37 AM

Jul 2010
Jfs_ said:

Xenocrisi said:

Imagine a world where people have different opinions. I know it's hard, but just try your best.
Jul 9, 2019 4:38 AM

Mar 2018
Tbh in this story edgelord MC actually starts off weak. In Shield Hero Naofumi was the most OP all along, we just had to accept his counterparts were retards. I feel like this one would've been a lot more fun if adapted better.
poop
Jul 9, 2019 4:51 AM

May 2012
Xenocrisi said:

It is very good and one of the top 5 anime aired last season

ALso, your rating are strange. You give SLime and Re:Zero 10/10, but for some reason you give sheild Hero only 4/10 even though these 3 anime have a lot of similarities
thepathJul 9, 2019 4:54 AM
Jul 9, 2019 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
thepath said:
Xenocrisi said:

ALso, your rating are strange. You give SLime and Re:Zero 10/10, but for some reason you give sheild Hero only 4/10 even though these 3 anime have a lot of similarities

Wait, what? It’s pretty dumb your reply tho. Re:Zero, Slime and Tate are 3 different anime, with different characters, a different plot, and I could go on. The only thing they have in common is that they are Isekai, nothing more.
Jul 9, 2019 7:16 AM

Jul 2014
Xenocrisi said:

People have different taste, that's all..
You maybe think shield hero is bad, but actually there are people who think it's an enjoyable anime, it might be hard for you to believe but it's true..
Jul 9, 2019 7:34 AM

Mar 2012
thepath said:
Xenocrisi said:

I go with him, in my opinion Slime and R:Z are better by far (writting) than TateYuusha.
For me

Tate 3-4/10
Slime 6/10
Re:Zero 8/10 (but I've see it in 2015 so possibly 7/10.

Crocospect22 said:
Xenocrisi said:

You maybe think shield hero is bad, but actually there are people who think it's an enjoyable anime, it might be hard for you to believe but it's true..

And it can be bad even if some people like it. Who say that you can't like bad anime or manga ? I love Eden no Ori for exemple but it's not really good if you look at it.
Tate have lots of default, and doesn't have much qualities.. Even if you don't care about the bad writting or the lack of world building they still exist.

Btw I've read Arifureta and Tate and I prefer Arifureta. But it's the same level. There is no turn around whit Motoyasu or the princess. :p
I prefer manga for those two, in anime Tate have a better production by far.

(sorry for my english)
Jul 9, 2019 7:49 AM

Nov 2017
In both Tate and Arifureta, most male characters other than the MC are either jerks or mob characters, so those 2 are quite similar. Kenja no Mago is the only Isekai where the MC has male friends in his group that are the same age as him with multiple romantic pairings.
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jul 9, 2019 7:59 AM

Jan 2013
So similar!!!!! you nailed it
Jul 9, 2019 8:01 AM

Sep 2018
I wouldnt compare them too much but fine.
Both are generic,shitty guilty pleasure Isekai shows that i still somewhat enjoy.
Jul 9, 2019 8:02 AM

Aug 2016
Hajime had more guts than Naofumi who allowed those looking down on him just like that. He didn't even let the bitch princess die or made her suffer more, he just ignore her after the slight punishment, the same to the other heroes and the country people.

At least Hajime will made sure the people would all swore to never look down on him or oppose him while trembling in fear, heck he may even kill them right away without batting an eye. He made sure those who dare oppose him suffered.

But yeah Arifureta anime adaptation is trash compared to the LN, at least on the first episode so let's see it again later.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2019 8:11 AM

Mar 2019
a series where he congratulates the protagonist for humiliating to idiots, they recognize him as a hero just for forgiving their lives turning them into buffoons, constantly him get power up in the middle of the battle by triggering a hidden ability, or turning to the power of friendship., an external character is the one who cleans his name and people keep thinking that he effort(?

-Stray said:
Not even close, Naofumi can't do raids if he has no attacker, this MC is your typical isekai OP mc where he doesnt really need a party but gets a harem just to get a tap at them.

but after, became able to cast every ability imaginable, and to have enough firepower to defend himself.
Jul 9, 2019 8:20 AM
Apr 2015
Owh man the score, just got 6, this community sometimes really harsh. That score point really kill people mood who dont know aniting about this anime. Dont know why they give score low than 6. So much hardwork there. If u dont like it dont watch it. But the score influence others.
Jul 9, 2019 10:18 AM
Sep 2016
hu74n said:
If u dont like it dont watch it. But the score influence others.

That's dumb, how do you know that you don't like something if you don't watch it ?
And if after watching it, people see it's terrible they leave a bad score. What's the point of a score if only people who like the show can rate it.
Jul 9, 2019 10:29 AM
Sep 2016
Jfs_ said:
if you're talking about the anime then yes it is but if you're talking about the LN then heck no. it's fucking great
Jul 9, 2019 11:22 AM

Apr 2007
Fahim654 said:
Jfs_ said:
if you're talking about the anime then yes it is but if you're talking about the LN then heck no. it's fucking great

SH adaptation wasn't even bad. It was quite good actually. It's particularly good if you just watch it for what it is without constantly comparing it to the source.
Jul 9, 2019 11:27 AM

Mar 2018
iz just so baddddddddd XDDDDDDDDDDd maybe Naofumi should go over to this anime's world and slap the every character in the face

▬▬ι═══════ﺤ YOᑌ.... ᑕOᑌᒪᗪ IT ᗷE TᕼᗩT YOᑌ'ᖇE ᒍᑌᔕT ᗩᑎ IᗪIOT?
~ Araragi Senpai

* .    *
.      ˚    *   ·
.  ✦             ✫ ·
.    ✢    °         ✧    .       
Jul 9, 2019 11:48 AM

Jul 2014
G0ldStark said:

but after, became able to cast every ability imaginable, and to have enough firepower to defend himself.

Not really, he's just got some extra abilities, not really attack types, which is why he literally needed Raph in almost all his fights.
Jul 9, 2019 12:09 PM

Nov 2016
Killuan said:
Fahim654 said:

SH adaptation wasn't even bad. It was quite good actually. It's particularly good if you just watch it for what it is without constantly comparing it to the source.

I haven't read the source but the anime was pretty trash.
Jul 9, 2019 12:43 PM

Feb 2015
Danmachi x Shield Hero. It didn't disappoint.
Jul 9, 2019 12:58 PM

Apr 2007
Pixel_Vapour said:
Killuan said:

Regardless what you think of it, an Isekai that manages to stay positive 8 on MAL is a success considering how many people have a hate boner for Isekai. Compare that to arifureta that's sub-7 and people are taking a crap on it from the get-go. SH receives far more hate than it realistically should by an active minority of people. It's polarizing enough to bring out peoples need to shit on it I suppose.
KilluanJul 9, 2019 1:03 PM
Jul 9, 2019 3:01 PM

May 2014
-Aincrad- said:
You might think it is, many there are many many people who liked it, and it's actually pretty popular

thepath said:

Are you implying popularity equals quality?

-Stray said:
G0ldStark said:

Not really, he's just got some extra abilities, not really attack types, which is why he literally needed Raph in almost all his fights.

>not really attack types
>he literally beat the shit out of a giant monster and the pope easily just with his REEEE power ups

KEK
Rhapsody-Jul 9, 2019 3:36 PM
Jul 9, 2019 3:28 PM

May 2015
HaarWyvern said:
thepath said:

I go with him, in my opinion Slime and R:Z are better by far (writting) than TateYuusha.
For me

Tate 3-4/10
Slime 6/10

Crocospect22 said:

And it can be bad even if some people like it. Who say that you can't like bad anime or manga ? I love Eden no Ori for exemple but it's not really good if you look at it.
Tate have lots of default, and doesn't have much qualities.. Even if you don't care about the bad writting or the lack of world building they still exist.

Btw I've read Arifureta and Tate and I prefer Arifureta. But it's the same level. There is no turn around whit Motoyasu or the princess. :p

(sorry for my english)

There's literally no such thing as objectively bad.

Jul 9, 2019 4:03 PM
Sep 2016
Killuan said:
Fahim654 said:

if you think bad direction, unnecessary fillers, skipping important stuffs, making story; character developments and intense rage moments making cliche is a pretty good adaptation, then i have nothing to say to you man. i doubt you even read the source material.
Fahim654Jul 9, 2019 4:09 PM
Jul 9, 2019 4:07 PM
Sep 2016
Pixel_Vapour said:
Killuan said:

i know.. so suggesting you to pick the light novel if you have a habbit of reading. i assure you you won't get disappointed
Jul 9, 2019 4:23 PM
Mar 2016
Fahim654 said:
Killuan said:

if you think bad direction, unnecessary fillers, skipping important stuffs, making story; character developments and intense rage moments making cliche is a pretty good adaptation, then i have nothing to say to you man. i doubt you even read the source material.

I am a Shield Hero Light Novel Reader and I have no clue what you are talking about. Unnecessary Fillers? There was next to nothing that wasn't in the LN. The only thing I can think of right now is the beach scene that lasted a minute or 2. And nothing really important was skipped. Other than Info dumps which would be horrible in an anime format, the smarter thing to do is to cover those things later when they are actually relevant if it gets another season.

I swear other Shield Hero fans had such unrealistic expectations of the anime. They expected nothing short of perfection. I have seen an anime that have adapted an entire novel into just 1 episode yet Shield Hero fans act as if it's the worst adaption ever. It's not the best adaption but it's at the very least a good one. Oh and on the character development thing you said. Those changes where personally asked for by the Author of the Light Novel.
Jul 9, 2019 4:33 PM
Fuwa_san

Mar 2013
lol Shield Hero anime adaption had its downfall.
It doesn't give the same feel compare to the manga.

For people who only watch the anime of SH, they can see how the antagonists doesn't have brain, continue to repeat their mistake, and never change.
Jul 9, 2019 4:43 PM

Dec 2015
You mean Shield Hero for episode 1,
and then SAO for rest of the series?

This thing doesn't even hold a candle to Shield Hero. The first few books are alright, but after that it's basically Kenja no Mago
Jul 9, 2019 5:07 PM

Apr 2007
Fahim654 said:
Killuan said:

I said it was a pretty good anime. It follows the general storyline of the LN and cuts corners mostly where needed because an anime can't flow at the same pace of an LN or people will complain that it's too slow. Is it perfect? No. But you don't know what a bad adaptation is if you think SH qualifies as one. You can have grievances about things that were skipped or altered without being completely blinded on that fact and trashing the anime because everything wasn't depicted in the same way the LN presented each scenario.

I'm interested to know why you gave it an 8 if you think it's so bad? I don't care how slanted your rating system is, an 8 can in no way be considered a bad rating.
KilluanJul 9, 2019 5:13 PM
Jul 9, 2019 6:42 PM

Mar 2014
This thread is just people trying to prove their opinion on Shield is absolute, p why is this thread even under this anime when most of the comments here are on Shield Hero?

Mods Plz lock this thread if people aren't even going to focus on the topic of how Arifureta is another Shield Hero clone...
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Jul 10, 2019 12:15 AM

Mar 2012
TsukuyomiREKT said:
HaarWyvern said:

For me

Tate 3-4/10
Slime 6/10

(sorry for my english)

So if my sister (13 years old) write a philosophical essay it can't be objectively bad. Lmao.
Jul 10, 2019 1:04 AM

Dec 2013
This is garbage and so is Shield Hero. Well, I suppose this has less icky isekai slavery, so I hate it less passionately but they're essentially the same show.

I quite enjoyed James Beckett's ANN review of this. Especially this sentence
James Beckett said:
It only takes a couple of days of ingesting some magical goo and raw monster meat to literally level up and completely change his personality from “passive nobody” to “hypermasculine edgelord murder god hellbent on revenge”.

I read some of the manga a while ago and after the edgy beginning the series simply continues its road to overpowered boredom like both SH and GS before it.
NthDegreeJul 10, 2019 1:07 AM
Jul 10, 2019 2:24 AM
Sep 2016
Killuan said:
Fahim654 said:

I said it was a pretty good anime. It follows the general storyline of the LN and cuts corners mostly where needed because an anime can't flow at the same pace of an LN or people will complain that it's too slow. Is it perfect? No. But you don't know what a bad adaptation is if you think SH qualifies as one. You can have grievances about things that were skipped or altered without being completely blinded on that fact and trashing the anime because everything wasn't depicted in the same way the LN presented each scenario.

I'm interested to know why you gave it an 8 if you think it's so bad? I don't care how slanted your rating system is, an 8 can in no way be considered a bad rating.
lol i forget to lower my score. i gave it 8/10 after watching episode 4 and didn't remember to change it. let me give it 6/10. thanks for reminding me. and btw fyi i never said it was bad. i said the adaptation was poor but not totally bad. in my point of view and most of the source material readers, it was trash.
Jul 10, 2019 3:30 AM
Jan 2018
Not even close to being similar the only thing that's similar is that someone screws him over . But this mc isn't a bitch he would literally kill the people that would get in his way unlike Shieldbro
Jul 10, 2019 4:46 AM
Sep 2016
Kilaldagren said:
Fahim654 said:

I am a Shield Hero Light Novel Reader and I have no clue what you are talking about. Unnecessary Fillers? There was next to nothing that wasn't in the LN. The only thing I can think of right now is the beach scene that lasted a minute or 2. And nothing really important was skipped. Other than Info dumps which would be horrible in an anime format, the smarter thing to do is to cover those things later when they are actually relevant if it gets another season.

I swear other Shield Hero fans had such unrealistic expectations of the anime. They expected nothing short of perfection. I have seen an anime that have adapted an entire novel into just 1 episode yet Shield Hero fans act as if it's the worst adaption ever. It's not the best adaption but it's at the very least a good one. Oh and on the character development thing you said. Those changes where personally asked for by the Author of the Light Novel.
oh boi here we go again! did i ever say it was totally bad or worst adaptation ever? killuan said it was a pretty good adaptation and i said it was not. it was a fair adaptation to be honest but not a pretty good one. at least storywise it was good yeah i admit that but in other stuff no man it's not. you're a ln reader right? so kindly compare it with the anime please. the world was rich in the ln but it feels lifeless in the anime. Naofumi was way more despaired but also ruthless in ln and his rege moments are more intense which are failed to show in the anime. he was too light hearted in here. Raphtalia's charcter was very developed and her battle with her previous master showed her how mature she became at that moment but anime totally changed that part and gave her a naruto like cliche development. there was a moment when they hide in the village lord's mansion, she had a conversation with melty where melty said herself that how mature her thoughts had become but in the anime it was totally changed. instead of giving us that conversation they gave us a generic harem moment where melty had a conversation with filo and giving a vibe that she has a crush on naofumi. and don't forget about the three hero church arc and the judgement moment of bitch and trash moment. the three hero church was not as strong as how it showed in the LN and the battle was not that well. speaking of the battles did you see the battle in the manga? how impactful each battle was? yeah in anime those battle was totally lifeless and trash except motoyasu vs naofumi duel.
the judgment moment of bitch and trash to be honest i think in anime it was great but i don't like the fact that they made the queen so light hearted. she was straight savage in the ln. naofumi was cruel af at that moment and he was the one who suggested death sentence for them but i don't mind what they did in the anime. they could have end the season in here but no they stretched the story and gave us the underwater temple and l'ark arc which was a great way to start the 2nd season but no they put it in here and rushed a bit to end the season. sorry for making this reply a paragraph but yeah i think you understand now why i'm so upset. i've just gave you some major point but there are still more stuffs that they did it poorly in the anime. not to mention Fitoria and her moments in the anime but i'll pass that. i don't know what kind fans you're talking about but don't lump me with them man. i am a shield hero flr a long time and i expected a better adaptation from kinema citrus studio which also made Made in Abyss. but they didn't hold not only me but most of the fans expectations. so sorry man i respect what you think about the anime but i still think the adaptation was trash and they could have done it better since the same team beautifully adapted made in abyss...
btw i don't know where you find that information but what i know the changes was totally director's wish. he said it on an interview that he thought it would be better to change some stuff so he suggested it to the author did it in the anime. he never said it was authors idea. so i'm not buying that sorry. i wish i could provide you the link of that interview.
Jul 10, 2019 6:18 AM
Jul 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
HaarWyvern said:

For me

Tate 3-4/10
Slime 6/10

(sorry for my english)

actually some things are objectively bad or Trash even if you like it arifureta has shit Direction,bad animation,cg,bad pacing ,is generic and has a bad art Style there isn't anything good there if you like it good for you but just because you like it it doesn't mean that it's good
Jul 10, 2019 6:32 AM

May 2018
How are they the same? The MC of Arifureta didn't get #metoo'ed
Jul 10, 2019 9:06 AM

Apr 2007
Fahim654 said:
Killuan said:

lol i forget to lower my score. i gave it 8/10 after watching episode 4 and didn't remember to change it. let me give it 6/10. thanks for reminding me. and btw fyi i never said it was bad. i said the adaptation was poor but not totally bad. in my point of view and most of the source material readers, it was trash.

You did say that by agreeing with someone who said it was bad.
You should hop on over to the SH discord where it is rife with source readers who find the adaptation to be good. Myself included. I've seen bad adaptations before, this is well above those.
Jul 10, 2019 9:15 AM
Aug 2014
People describe this as Shield Hero but bad

But the shield hero anime is already pretty bad

yeah
Jul 10, 2019 11:44 AM

May 2015
HaarWyvern said:
TsukuyomiREKT said:

So if my sister (13 years old) write a philosophical essay it can't be objectively bad. Lmao.

I'm obviously talking about anime/entertainment here...

@Isidoro4567 I haven't actually seen this show and I don't plan on it after seeing clips of the 1st episode. Don't get me wrong here, I think it looks awful as well, but I would never claim or imply that my opinion is objective. People are allowed to like this show even if I or anyone else thinks it looks like a dumpster fire. It's not objectively bad or good. No show is.

Jul 10, 2019 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
Because Shield Hero wasn't a dumpster fire enough, now we have this to make it look good.
Jul 10, 2019 6:14 PM

Dec 2013
My my my, never thought I'd see an Isekai war in the middle of THESE pages...
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jul 10, 2019 7:30 PM

Feb 2009
hu74n said:
Owh man the score, just got 6, this community sometimes really harsh. That score point really kill people mood who dont know aniting about this anime. Dont know why they give score low than 6. So much hardwork there. If u dont like it dont watch it. But the score influence others.

Because they fucking butchered the story so hard that neither fans nor newcomres can enjoy this abolute failure of adaptation.

I've seen bad adaptations, but this have to be the worst. 10 seconds and they already ripp off the entire introduction arc, that in this particular case was CRUCIAL to understand the story.
Jul 10, 2019 8:59 PM

Mar 2016
They are both pretty bad but Arifureta is much worse.
azertz99Jul 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2019

383 by Rishabh1348 »»
Mar 5, 9:52 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2019

103 by TsunamiYT »»
Mar 2, 6:10 AM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2019

173 by Seabury »»
Jan 14, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2019

158 by Seabury »»
Jan 13, 7:04 PM

Poll: » Arifureta Shokugyou de Sekai Saikyou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 7, 2019

171 by Mizangrh »»
Dec 26, 2023 8:18 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.