Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Vinland Saga
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2019 9:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol, the pissing in the sea scene.

We got some adventure on the actual sea this episode. It brings together this Viking World vibe that I really find appealing in the show. There's also the part with chapter 10 adapted with Thors and the baby. At this rate, it seems to be going for 3-4+ chapters per episode.

Either way, I still find the overall storytelling to be very interesting.
Jul 7, 2019 10:13 AM

Jun 2014
If it has such a quick pace, then this might adapt much more than I would have expected. Potentially up to chapter 100 which would be crazy, but I don't know if it's possible in 24 episodes.
edit - I forgot the early chapters are shorter because the manga was weekly early into its serialization, so this probably won't adapt that far in
alpha_shadowJul 7, 2019 11:33 AM
:3
Jul 7, 2019 10:21 AM

May 2017
alpha_shadow said:
If it has such a quick pace, then this might adapt much more than I would have expected. Potentially up to chapter 100 which would be crazy, but I don't know if it's possible in 24 episodes.
I'm not a manga reader, so wanted to ask, is the pace is too high ? Or Wit is doing an ok job?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2019 10:26 AM
Aug 2018
what do y'all mean by episode 3?
Jul 7, 2019 10:29 AM
Dec 2015
_chmpgnpaps said:

They released three episodes at once, but there will be a three week break after them
SqueeziJul 7, 2019 10:35 AM
Jul 7, 2019 10:30 AM

Jun 2014
MOB_ABOMINATOR said:
alpha_shadow said:
I'm not a manga reader, so wanted to ask, is the pace is too high ? Or Wit is doing an ok job?

They're doing a great job even if the pace is quick. I'm honestly really impressed.
Jul 7, 2019 10:33 AM
Dec 2015
Joseahfer said:
Squeezi said:
They released three episodes at once, but there will be a three month break after them

Weeks, I hope.. xd

Lmaaao i meant weeks haha sorry!! Fixed it
Jul 7, 2019 10:34 AM
Aug 2018
please tell me you're joking
Squeezi said:
_chmpgnpaps said:

They released three episodes at once, but there will be a three month break after them
Jul 7, 2019 10:40 AM

Jan 2019
_chmpgnpaps said:
please tell me you're joking
Squeezi said:

He means three week break
Jul 7, 2019 10:57 AM

Dec 2009
At the current pace, were going to be hitting some juicy parts into the series.

Jul 7, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2014
Lol'd when Thorfinn came out of the barrel to take a piss and when his father spanked him. Thors is quite a beast taking on everyone with just his bare hands. And that's it for now... we have to wait three weeks for the continuation but I don't regret watching the available episodes back to back.
MonkeyDHunterJul 7, 2019 11:05 AM
Jul 7, 2019 11:26 AM

Feb 2017
Everyone is excited about going to war, except Thors of course... and that girl who likes Ari. And of course they fell into a trap set by Askeladd and his band.

This were amazing three episode. Everything felt so good. Visuals are great, especially background (as expected of Yusuke Takeda). Background music was also really fitting. Pacing also feels good.

Now we wait three weeks for the next episode.

alpha_shadow said:

It may seem like a quick pace on the first look. These 3 episodes adapted 8 chapters, and all of those are 20 pages. So on average it didn't adapt more than, let's say, Attack on Titan. But yeah, this might go further than I expected.
Jul 7, 2019 11:30 AM

Jun 2014
I love Askeladd so much, I'm so happy to see him in an anime format. The consistency of the adaptation is truly impressive, the whole anime is going to be an absolute treat, it's fucking magical.

And with this, the saga begins.

Tsarko said:

It may seem like a quick pace on the first look. These 3 episodes adapted 8 chapters, and all of those are 20 pages. So on average it didn't adapt more than, let's say, Attack on Titan. But yeah, this might go further than I expected.

You're right. I honestly completely forgot the manga was a weekly serialization at first, so the earlier chapters are much shorter than the monthly ones.
Jul 7, 2019 11:33 AM

May 2016
No wonder he is called Jom no Troll. with that power only special warriors can fight him equally.

that shiny ass slapping though Sasuga STUDIO WIT you really know your stuff. 5/5
Jul 7, 2019 11:36 AM

Aug 2013
So Thorfinn ended sneaking into the ship. Him getting spanked was funny.

These were a great three episodes. Shame that there will be a three weeks break.

Jul 7, 2019 11:52 AM

Mar 2018
Welp I'll just wait for half a year and binge this.

Hmm so Floki is probably a pig who envies Thors reputation and doesn't want to get overshadowed by his presence again or his deserting caused some of his men/closed ones to die. Interesting so far, it's crazy how after 15 years they found him and still forced him to participate in the war. Yet this pig wants him dead, hope there's even more to it

Thors is remarkable, but too naive. Sure, Thorfinn was only six but the way their community works it was impossible to expect him to grow up as an innocent man by trying to be nice to everyone and set an example. Even his older daughter doesn't share his values, she complains about not owning a slave. I'm not sure if it was because of pressure of many men around him, but to feel embarassed asking your wife to tell your son you love him is heartbreaking, especially when you're departing for war. Thors the tragic manly man, what a guy

Everyone around Thorfin glorifies war, even their religion dictates to do so. At first it maybe looked like boys being youthful, but they're completely indoctrinated, both males and females share these brutal beliefs. It's sad how his dad might never have the time to start a conversation with him to change his views, perhaps for the better though
EsquirtitJul 7, 2019 3:35 PM
poop
Jul 7, 2019 11:56 AM
Jul 2014
Wow, pertty good pacing. More than 9 chapters in 3 episodes.

I have not a single problem with the adaptation so far. Even the CG used the best way possible. And I feel I don't need to compliment every single part of the anime, because overally everything deserves an A+

Obviously some parts looked a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitle bit weaker than others, but only if I focus on them, and being a nitpicky asshole.

This and Dr. Stone, I'm looking forward to a legendary season.
Jul 7, 2019 11:58 AM
Jul 2014
Sadly tho, we have to wait 3 weeks for the next episode. I need my Askeladd ASAP!
Jul 7, 2019 11:58 AM

Feb 2014
So how will rest of the episodes be released? Since there will be 3 week break, will they release 3 episodes again & do another break? Or will it be weekly release after the 3 week break?
Jul 7, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2014
AkashiRvL said:
So how will rest of the episodes be released? Since there will be 3 week break, will they release 3 episodes again & do another break? Or will it be weekly release after the 3 week break?

They will be released weekly, just there will be some Wimbledon broadcasting as I heard and it will use the time span for Vinland and I think for some other anime too. This sucks. Who cares about tennis?
Jul 7, 2019 12:03 PM

May 2017
YOU'RE EXPECTING ME TO WAIT 3 WEEKS AFTER THIS...

God this anime is absolutely insane so far. I cannot describe the urge to binge this show.. I praised the ending song of Aimer in episode 1's discussion.. god damn I can't stop listening to it.. but damn the opening is phenomenal as well.

The pacing is actually perfect. I love how they take their time to setup the characters and story and not just rush into tragedy and forced drama in the first few episodes like many other anime would do.

"Stop saying "kill" so lightly."

Fuck me man this show makes all the other anime that aired this season look like a complete joke. 3 weeks...
Jul 7, 2019 12:05 PM

Feb 2014
Nakamamonogatari said:
AkashiRvL said:

They will be released weekly, just there will be some Wimbledon broadcasting as I heard and it will use the time span for Vinland and I think for some other anime too. This sucks. Who cares about tennis?

Thank you for the quick answer. :) Hopefully other anime's wont get affected much by it.
Jul 7, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2014
AkashiRvL said:
Nakamamonogatari said:

Thank you for the quick answer. :) Hopefully other anime's wont get affected much by it.

You're welcome. JoJo is the other one, that will be released on July 28th too. But maybe it's only because they want to make the last 2 episodes better looking. I don't know much, only that it sucks XD
Jul 7, 2019 12:13 PM
Aug 2016
This was a brilliant episode! I liked Askeladd's personality very much; it feels very disingenuous and witty. Furthermore, the VA has done an excellent job to portray his crafty feelings properly. And lol

"I hope he's a fun guy."

*The troll spanks his son's buttocks*

It felt very funny and nice at the same time that Thorfinn had sneaked into the ship. Felt very hilarious when he pissed.

4.5/5
Jul 7, 2019 12:13 PM

Mar 2017
I knew there was no way Thorfinn was gonna stay behind! That scene were Thor was giving him a smack really brought back some childhood trauma haha

The tension was so well built up in this episode and it made me realise that in just 2 episodes they've made me care about the characters so much already.

I think it's a great idea that they spent 3 episodes (so far) on Thorfinn as a child because for me that deepens his character and our understanding of him. It also gives us a chance to learn about Vikings and Viking culture as Thorfinn does.

This seems like is gonna be one amazing anime
Jul 7, 2019 12:24 PM
Jul 2018
Interesting that they are following a more chronological order than the manga, also liked the change of giving Ari more screentime. Overall impressed with the adaptation so far with good visuals and pacing, let's hope that they can adapt the key moments properly later on.

Tsarko said:

Now we wait three weeks for the next episode.

alpha_shadow said:

Yeah apparently seems like there is a slight chance they might go further than the prologue (I hope not because it will be stopping at a pretty odd place then), but I think they will slow down the pacing(well there are long chapters too) later on and few anime original scenes maybe.
Jul 7, 2019 12:47 PM

Dec 2014
Great episode again.

Kinda expected Thorfinn to stowaway on the ship but that scene where he tells Thors with all the excitement in his voice to look at the sea was beautiful made me grin. :)

I also really loved the scene where Thors talked about Ylva's birth and how he eventually started getting scared of battle.

So they got trapped in Askeladd's trap, damn the scene where Thors jumped onto the other ship and knocked out a few guys was awesome.
It's gonna be a long three weeks, I wonder if I'll be able to hold out against reading the manga for that long. xD
Lelouch0202Jul 14, 2019 6:41 AM
Jul 7, 2019 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
Another 5/5 episode!, really loving the adaptation so far and thought it was great decision starting different way than manga that feels more coherent.

Surprised to know its adapting 3+ chapters per episode given how slow paced I felt but still I am digging the tone and the detailed plot setting alot. Kinda hoping I will like the mc as much as Thors eventually.

Next episode coming after 3 week.. I am fine by that waiting long because from what I've seen many older series which releases dual episodes in their first day of the airing most of the time ends up rushed towards the end.
Jul 7, 2019 1:11 PM

Sep 2017
Thors the boss!! the chapter end in the best part, now we have to wait a few weeks to continue ... I really liked these episodes, they change the beginning and they went to show the past of the beggining, but it does not seem bad, as long as they adapt what they skipped is fine with me. The animation is not the best and I would have preferred something without CGI, but it still seems acceptable to me.
Jul 7, 2019 1:13 PM

Nov 2016
Nice that we got more into Thors characterization. I also can't wait to find out about the whole extent of Floki's motive.

What a great watch so far. The fact that we have to wait 3 weeks now leaves a bad taste, tho.

Lelouch0202 said:
So they got trapped in Askeladd's trap, damn the scene where Thors jumped onto the other ship and knocked out a few guys was awesome.
It's gonna be a long three weeks, I wonder if I'll be able to hold out against reading the manga for that long. xD

Let's see if we can stay patient.

And can anyone tell me how much graphic content was cut out or censored?
FMmatronJul 7, 2019 3:15 PM

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 7, 2019 1:29 PM

Apr 2017
Thors starts the fight! I was hoping that the whole fight would be in this episode and I wouldn't have to wait for it, but at least we got some of it! Young Thorfinn is so happy to be at sea, I love it.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jul 7, 2019 1:34 PM

Feb 2011
Well at first I thought the 3 episodes are gonna be like a mini flashback arc so the third episode would end on a satisfying note but... i guess not... i guess they're just gonna end it like that and we'll have to deal with it for 3 weeks. Great.
Jul 7, 2019 1:42 PM
Sep 2018
AkashiRvL said:
I looked on Livechart and it said 3 weeks until episode 4, appose to adv 4.
Jul 7, 2019 1:57 PM

Jan 2009
damn Thors is getting a lot of death flags in this episode, first was the flashback then his belief to not kill he is not Batman

the OP shows Thorfinn becomes part of the Pirates crew though
Jul 7, 2019 2:00 PM

Oct 2015
its been a long time since i have been at this level of excitement
Jul 7, 2019 2:16 PM

Apr 2016
Best anime this season for sure.
Jul 7, 2019 2:28 PM

Dec 2014
Throfin from the opening and Thorfin in this episode.

I think I get the gist of it, either his father die or something real bad happen to hisfamily

I'd say he should deserve some tragedy, I always hate this kind of kid.

Though I don't really get why people hype about this anime.
As I already watch so much eastern version of war anime, this is just another southern version of war anime.

Nothing impactful to me.
Signature removed. Check your inbox
Jul 7, 2019 2:42 PM

Jul 2015
I just hope Thorfinn ins't a copy/paste of Eren from AOT. One of the main problems I have with AOT is Eren.

Jul 7, 2019 2:44 PM
Feb 2019
AdrianRubinsky said:
I just hope Thorfinn ins't a copy/paste of Eren from AOT. One of the main problems I have with AOT is Eren.

Vinland is older than AoT zzzz

Also, Thorfinn is way better than crying Eren. Thorfinn has a beautiful and awesome character development
Jul 7, 2019 2:58 PM

Apr 2015
After that ending, how am I supposed to patiently wait for episode 4?

Can three weeks come by faster?
Jul 7, 2019 3:00 PM

Apr 2019
i prefer Eren from Ep1 S1 over Thorfinn.
Thorfinn already grinded my gears.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Sep 2018
Wit Studio, make me suffering with the cliffhanger since 6 years ago
I keep moving forward
Jul 7, 2019 3:22 PM

Dec 2017
Hicron said:
AdrianRubinsky said:

Vinland is older than AoT zzzz

Also, Thorfinn is way better than crying Eren. Thorfinn has a beautiful and awesome character development

Yea, but so does Eren. How can you have finished season 3 part 2 and still call him "crying Eren." Manga Eren > manga Thorfinn.
Jul 7, 2019 3:25 PM

Jan 2009
Mohammadalmannai said:
After that ending, how am I supposed to patiently wait for episode 4?

Can three weeks come by faster?

WIT Studio more like WAIT Studio right? lol /joke
Jul 7, 2019 3:30 PM

Jul 2016
Good episode. Thors and crew sailed but they ambushed and trapped. Bjorn vs Thors incoming. Askellad too

Jul 7, 2019 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
Another great episode. Looks like this anime is going to deliver on people's expectations.
It's only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer.
Jul 7, 2019 3:38 PM

Sep 2017
Oh man what a cliff hanger. Damn this show is really impressing me. But now I have to wait 3 weeks feelsbadman.
Jul 7, 2019 3:41 PM

Jan 2015
Oh my, this anime is flawless in every aspect. I’m at a loss of words lmao
I hope it doesn’t get too political or complex
Jul 7, 2019 4:24 PM

Sep 2017
Squeezi said:
_chmpgnpaps said:

They released three episodes at once, but there will be a three week break after them

For real?? A 3 weeks break? I would've prefered 1 episodes per week then :/
yikes
Jul 7, 2019 4:26 PM

May 2014
It was a nice treat to get 3 episodes at once! Thankfully i've read the first volume of manga, so waiting another 3 weeks for episode 4 won't be too bad.

Looks like this'll be a really solid anime.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2019

392 by joelius__0 »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 13, 2019

352 by Herrior »»
Apr 23, 11:47 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2019

795 by Lawgun »»
Apr 23, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 8, 2019

259 by JustAnotherShiro »»
Mar 24, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Vinland Saga Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

407 by xyara_girl »»
Mar 23, 12:30 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.