Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jul 7, 2019 9:06 PM
Oct 2017
It's was ok, was a weird start but looks promising anyway.
Jul 7, 2019 10:37 PM
Jun 2019
i like this episode😍

At first I thought, this episode will only reach chapter 2.
remember the last cliffhanger scene in chapter 2, which makes the reader very curious about the continuation.
but, it turns out they continued until Game Stage 2 was finished.
Jul 7, 2019 11:40 PM

Mar 2019
Seems interesting enough for now, not sure what to expect over the season though.
Jul 7, 2019 11:49 PM

Nov 2018
Uh, i almost skipped this. The first episode was incredibly good. I love how nice MC is, and the others seem interesting as well. How convenient to have a panda follow you around lmao.
This reminds me a lot of danganrompa, but lighter.
The ouja game was interesting, can't wait for the next ep, probably my fave first ep of the season so far.
Jul 8, 2019 12:19 AM
Aug 2013
I would have just pulled out a gun and shot that ghost because that scene sucked. I'm only staying for that alpaca.
Jul 8, 2019 1:29 AM
Apr 2019
Way underrated, this is good yo!
Jul 8, 2019 5:52 AM

Nov 2011
This is probably one of those anime that is so bad, it's good.

What a cheap Monokuma rip off.

Jul 8, 2019 5:54 AM

Oct 2017
This episode looks so meh... MC is kinda irritating,too ordinary.
Imo it would be one of worst shows in this season
Jul 8, 2019 6:06 AM

Feb 2017
So the giraffe(Shoujo☆Kageki Revue Starlight) is at it again having kids perform for his amusement, just that now it's streams instead of theater and he also updated his look.
Jul 8, 2019 6:46 AM
Oct 2017
The story is so far good. art is also good. Music which is good, people just have weird taste over music and animation so. They're basically streamers that were kidnapped into something and force to get 100,000,000 views inorder to get out. Some of the post below me complains alot about the story being basic and the characters having no emotional fear over being moved to a somewhat death game, have you ever think of it like this, THEY'RE STREAMERS THEY EXPERIENCED MANY GORE, ESCAPE, PUZZLE, FARMING, and etc.
Jul 8, 2019 6:52 AM
Dec 2017
It seems like a mixture of Danganronpa and Real Account. I expected this though because I had started the manga months prior to the release of the 1st episode. Anyway, I really like the main character. He's adorable, really nice, and extremely tolerable of others.
Jul 8, 2019 7:46 AM
Apr 2017
Honestly as a manga reader I'm way too excited about this. How episodes 2 & 3 are adapted will most likely dictate how the rest of the anime goes, because ep 1 is really just character/setting introduction. If the comedic beats and the more dramatic moments are kept intact, I'll be happy

Initially I was surprised at how many people thought this anime would be all death and gore.

Just wait for episode 2
Jul 8, 2019 8:59 AM

Aug 2018
I wonder how many of the Danganropa commens only saw the anime instead of the game...

The stetic was hardcore Kagerou Project.

The opening was also on the same vibe by giving each of the characters a color of their own.

It has good potential but it was a definitely weird first episode. Props to the pink hair tsundere for saying sorry i have never seen people apologize in anime.
The only thing that is obviously bad its how edgy it is. That scene in which they charged at Paka in 0.5 seconds pfftt. They are supposed to be regular humans right?
Also literally none of them showed any fear towards their psycho alpaca head host.... Shit's scary yo.
I never lie on the internet. What's the point of it...
the chinese noodles ad is an anime and avatar isn't!
triggered

Check out my taste and my profile.
Jul 8, 2019 9:02 AM

Jun 2009
Hmmm..... personally I have a few issues with pacing. I felt that it was a little too fast. But as manga reader I am happy it got adapted, it looks good
Jul 8, 2019 11:13 AM
Mar 2018
I am not quite sure how to take this anime so I will give it a few more episodes.
Jul 8, 2019 11:17 AM
Oct 2018
The first episode was so fantasic .i think the anime adaptation will be greater than manga
Jul 8, 2019 2:12 PM

Jun 2014
What the heck is this supposed to be? So random and all over the place. It's kinda like Asassination Classroom with edgy Dangan Ronpa character designs, but significantly less interesting than both. I have no idea who the target audience for this is supposed to be, but it's not me. This is honestly awful and I'm surprised it got an anime in the first place.
:3
Jul 8, 2019 3:24 PM
Nov 2011
Personally I enjoyed this first episode. Yes it's a very basic and overdone story, but the characters seem interesting, especially the pacifistic easy going super friendly main character. You don't have that feeling of death, honestly I'd be surprised if a single person dies throughout the whole story, but that doesn't mean it cant be enjoyable
Jul 8, 2019 4:31 PM

Mar 2009
alpha_shadow said:
What the heck is this supposed to be? So random and all over the place. It's kinda like Asassination Classroom with edgy Dangan Ronpa character designs, but significantly less interesting than both. I have no idea who the target audience for this is supposed to be, but it's not me. This is honestly awful and I'm surprised it got an anime in the first place.

It's like a mishmash of so many shows/genres all in one. Definitely all over the place.
Jul 8, 2019 5:25 PM
Jan 2019
I do not have much to say about this anime. Honestly, I expected something more.
It's weird, and it's meaningless. The plot is far from convincing me, but I will give it a chance because of the mystery it encompasses. Is this considered an Isekai ?.
I will follow the rule of the 3 episodes xD.

PS: What's up with the alpaca man? It's my idea or it's the character's seiyuu, it's the same that gave life to Father of Ao-chan's voice from the previous season.
Jul 8, 2019 6:24 PM

Apr 2019
This is actually a show where you just come for the cute dynamics between characters, and a lot of moe baits and random tropes (The MC actually crossdresses later, have a mascot with his face, romance and bromance baits everywhere)

I can't comment on what I think about the plot as I think the scanlation hasn't reached that far.
Jul 8, 2019 7:31 PM

Nov 2014
to say it's weird is a huge understatement
i feel like the adaptation could be better
didn't like the female aggressive tsundere at first. started to like her a little when she apologized for hitting the mc in the end (though she'd probably hit him again later on, like all tsundere would)
Jul 8, 2019 8:13 PM

Nov 2011
There was something about this anime...like it felt kind of rushed...but wasn't rushed overall? If that makes sense. I can't make a decision on whether or not I like it. I like how the Panda is a nice boy lol that was funny. The art and animation is nice, and the op and ed was good too. So we'll see what happens.

Anya flicking his peppers off his plate was pretty funny.
SoraSenpaiJul 8, 2019 8:17 PM
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jul 8, 2019 10:14 PM

Oct 2017
ShadowMega said:
This is actually a show where you just come for the cute dynamics between characters, and a lot of moe baits and random tropes (The MC actually crossdresses later, have a mascot with his face, romance and bromance baits everywhere)

I can't comment on what I think about the plot as I think the scanlation hasn't reached that far.

Now I'm actually kinda interested in this.
If it's another dead or alive survival game it'd be super boring.

This would probably be my guilty pleasure of the season. I like the characters of this show enough to keep watching.
Jul 9, 2019 12:17 AM

Apr 2016
MC reminds me a lot of Yuta from S.S.S. Gridman, which is always a good thing. I'll say I'm pleasantly surprised. Was expecting Kings game level of garbage for some reason but nah looks to be less stabby and more shonen comedic mystery. Will keep my eyes on it.
Jul 9, 2019 12:43 AM

Oct 2015
This seems like a much more toned down and light-hearted survival show so far, almost deceptively so. MC is pretty chill. Production is great, will be looking forward to the next episode.
Jul 9, 2019 4:36 AM

Apr 2015
Feels a bit like IxB in the sense that it can cater to both female fujoshi and the moe fandom.

Solid premiere.
Jul 9, 2019 9:22 AM

Jul 2014
fhana being in here is a big plus for me, could never get enough of their songs.
The story itself is.. a little bit too light for my taste, I like the MC, he's pretty chill and seems like the smart type, the pink haired FMC on the other hand is your typical brute bitch, the type of female character I despise the most. I hope they cool it with her being bitchy all the damn time.
Can't say I was really excited for this cause my most hated seiyuu's here but at least his character seems like the type that doesnt talk too much so I can get around watching this now.
Jul 9, 2019 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Kind of confusing. Very chill thus far.

The pink haired girl is annoying as fuck. Hope she loses earlier.
Jul 9, 2019 7:24 PM

Oct 2008
it was mediocre...at least fhana was the saviour of this!

Jul 10, 2019 4:01 AM
Sep 2015
Concept seemed interesting, but ended up being really bad. Especially the scene with the ghost girl. The music was so happy yet it was supposed to be scary? Or maybe not? I couldn't even tell but the scene was just so confusing. All they had to do was add some creepy bone snapping sound effects and scary music and it would of been sick. And the MC just seems too OP, like he already befriended a giant panda and a ghost girl in the first episode. That's gonna be a no from me chief. Might give it the 3 episode rule but we'll see.
Jul 11, 2019 1:32 AM

Dec 2012
i like the main girl for he i will keep going.

Jul 11, 2019 1:34 AM
Sep 2018
I am one of the people who followed the manga
and I do not like at all the voice of himiko
despite I liked her a lot
but, himiko remains himiko so I like her

Jul 11, 2019 3:50 AM
Jul 2018
(lol) Who else got tears for that spirit? I feel bad for unfortunate spirits.
Jul 11, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2014
a mixture of drama and entertainment..I hope it gets better
Jul 11, 2019 4:35 PM

Jan 2008
Feels like this will just end up as one of those pseudo smart mystery/death game stories that just solves everything with bullshit.
Jul 11, 2019 5:54 PM

Feb 2019
That Assassination Classroom + Danganronpa vibes

Everything feels basic and a little generic to me, but im fine with that. The animation is good even it looks kinda bland. Im interested to get to know more of the characters and i actually adore their designs. The pacing have problems. The spirit scene feels too forced and kinda crigny tbh.
FlamexesJul 11, 2019 5:58 PM
Jul 12, 2019 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
that was interesting kinda
Jul 12, 2019 11:20 PM
Sep 2016
It was complete bullshit but also kinda cool. I don’t really know what to think of it, it got an edgy feel with all the teenagers trying to show how cool and badass they are but the humor and non sense make it fun.
Also I usualy really don't like the power of friendship bs but here it was somewhat interesting, and overall the MC seems rather good.
Overall I'm kinda lost but probably watching the next ep.
Jul 13, 2019 8:41 AM

Oct 2017
FuMomo-kun said:
Kind of reminded me of Danganronpa and Btoom.

The protagonist is so cute. Hugging a panda only made him cuter.

Not sure if this is supposed to be funny or creepy. The serious and funny scenes don't go very well together in this.

The OP was quite forgettable.

The story looks like it might get better later, so I'll continue.

You're insulting Btoom by comparing this crap to it. That was a good show that deserved a sequel
meanwhile i'll give this crap another episode or two before dropping it
Jul 13, 2019 3:17 PM

Dec 2018
ok weird but watchable, looking forward to more
Jul 13, 2019 7:23 PM

Apr 2018
I really liked this anime, it reminded me of danganronpa which is an anime that I love, this is one of those anime that falls like a glove
Jul 14, 2019 11:53 AM
Mar 2014
Another weird messed up in the head creepy type of anime.
Jul 15, 2019 2:07 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I think it would've been a lot more interesting if the main character actually died..............
張大です for 張大勇督察
Jul 16, 2019 3:38 AM

Dec 2015
It's not that bad. The characters are actually pretty nice. Not too annoying and some that I like. And with the comedy ... it is okay but I guess they should focus mainly on the survival aspect. It already has been hinted that this game/show is not just for fun.

I hope some people are really going to die and they are going to work together. (Trying to use the individual strengthes as required per challenge.)

Hopefulyl the backgrounds will get revealed as well. Seems a bit like SAO with a bit better chars and ideas.

I don't like streamers and let's players though. But since this is about a "real" "game" and not them sitting at their computer it is interesting.
Jul 17, 2019 4:42 PM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
OP sounds great because it's hip hop, of course, lol. This was really enjoyable for especially since I have a bunch of streamer friends so maybe a little biased. I really can't wait for everyone to show off their specialties for future challenges especially Zakuro since I too like stealth games. Speaking of characters they all felt different and unique compared to each other and I hope they develop more as the season goes on. Great 1st episode
King_EtherJul 17, 2019 4:45 PM
Jul 19, 2019 6:33 AM

Jun 2013
Somehow the MC being all goody goody is getting on my nerves. So they're all let players or twitch streamers, something to that effect and they were pushed in a real let's play where the person who gets the most views probably wins?

LOL at Mr. Paka. Probably my fave after the giant panda.
臭い-
Jul 19, 2019 7:49 PM
Mar 2012
Didnt know this existed & not what i expected from survival game.
Feels like Danganronpa/King's Game/Mekakucity but actually good. For now Monokuma > Paca, but he's still great, with voice like Kenjiro Tsuda (?).
Surprisingly funny in quirky ways. Camera/directing one of the more stylistic ep1, especially that White Room moment (oh director of Rakudai, Illya & Watamote, this gonna be fun).
So some gameplay streamers of multiple genres fighting for viewcount & survival. For a game adapt pretty cool modern premise.
The cute panda & kokkuri ghost (fhana ost?), bit random but made nice moments in such a short time.
Jul 27, 2019 3:07 PM

Sep 2015
This is one interesting anime. No idea if this is drama, survival, isekai or comedy at the moment but I like it. It does feel a bit rushed and all over the place, but I take it as comedy so it's fine I guess...
I can't take this seriously even if I want to. I just laugh and I don't know if this is actually intentional given the tags. Was not expecting this.
zcv45Jul 27, 2019 3:10 PM
Jul 30, 2019 8:54 PM
Aug 2010
I really like the character designs, but I just couldn't follow what was going on in this episode. I watched it with a friend and we both found the pacing kind of jarring and the sudden switch to the ghost girl odd because there was no real sense of danger or horror. But maybe the rest of the episodes will improve; I also already watched episode 2 and I liked that a lot more.
まぁ、全部嘘だけどね。
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something..... ( Important )

Ghefira - Mar 4

2 by Pendragon572 »»
Mar 5, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Nakanohito Genome [Jikkyouchuu] Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2019

73 by abystoma2 »»
Feb 29, 2:24 AM

» This Anime Makes No Sense (Questions for Manga Readers)

removed-user - Jul 18, 2019

4 by Etherlyte »»
Feb 13, 5:13 PM

Poll: » Shipping!

CrimsonCandy - Sep 1, 2019

10 by Memegome »»
Nov 20, 2021 12:31 PM

» Underrated?

IWatchLegal - Apr 20, 2021

7 by RjtheGreat14 »»
Oct 27, 2021 4:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.