Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fire Force
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 9:45 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Whoa, that opening song. There's so much colorful content in that with style.

We got some info dump about fire combustion and the evil entities/infernals that are influenced by them from this episode. It seems to try and get viewers comfortable with the overall tone of the show. We got a lot of characters introduced from the epsiode too, even a bit of Shirna's past. (cute that he wanted to be a hero even as a kid)

The most impressive thing about the show's premiere imo is the animation quality. So fluid and powerful with its details.
Stark700Jul 5, 2019 11:00 AM
Jul 5, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2017
It seems a bit generic but I liked it! Can't wait for the next episode.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2019 10:38 AM

Jun 2014
Here's the official OP upload. It's freaking awesome. The animation is so good!

:3
Jul 5, 2019 10:40 AM

Apr 2015
What a visual feast.

I knew Ex-Shaft staff members meets Fire animation industry legends meets stream of freelance talent meets David Production meets amazing schedule was a recipe for success but this surpassed my expectations by a lot!
FappaJul 5, 2019 10:43 AM
Jul 5, 2019 10:44 AM

Jun 2019
The opening was certainly nice. The animation looks gorgeous especially when Shinra saved the "Sister", however the sound effect is driving me nuts, I can't handle that type of stuff. It's too damn irritating. I'll watch the first 3 episodes and see if drop it or finish it. I could end up reading the manga at the end.

Also:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 5, 2019 10:45 AM

Sep 2017
Everything about the visual is just absolutely marvellous. David Production? I thought it was Bones! Never knew David Pro can be that good in terms of sakuga.

Story-wise it is somewhat a generic shounen but still fair enough. Love the character design, they are super hot (pun intended.)
Jul 5, 2019 10:47 AM

Oct 2017
I fucking knew david production the animators of jojo will do an awesome job animating this series and they exceeded my expectations.The op was lit af too.
Jul 5, 2019 10:48 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
https://twitter.com/fireforce_pr/status/1147199586835947520?s=21

Great to see this, even more hyped for the Episode now!
Ex-Shaft Animators + that Delightful Op + Astounding Popularity right off the bat, way to go and here’s to hoping it’ll manage to keep up this momentum!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 5, 2019 10:50 AM
Mar 2018
MegamiRem said:
I fucking knew david production the animators of jojo will do an awesome job animating this series and they exceeded my expectations.The op was lit af too.

Most of the staf are ex-shaft members though this is almost a completely different staff from the JoJo one.
Jul 5, 2019 11:01 AM

Jul 2016
Right off the bat, some shots look quite weird, and the pacing sometimes is a bit jarring. Fire Force is one of my favorite shonen, I guess I'm really picky about it, but at some points it looked weird.

Yet, I can't believe how nice it looks, also every single VA so far sounds exactly like I imagined the characters to sound like! I also like the vibe a lot, it really reminds me of Soul Eater. It almost makes me nostalgic about it, heh.
Your favorite anime is cringe. My favorite anime is a masterpiece.

Jul 5, 2019 11:04 AM

Jan 2018
THE FIGHT SCENES WERE ABSOLUTELY REMARKABLE, good job David Productions and author <3
Jul 5, 2019 11:08 AM

Dec 2014
This is great, very strong premiere. Damn, everything I watched today has been great. Summer season is so lit. xD

Love our Fire Squadron already, all the characters seem fun and I already took a liking to Shinra and his smirk when you get tensed up personality. Makes for some really awkward but funny moments. xD

Maki-chan and sister are both pretty good, glorious bath scene but damn the steam. XD.

Fight sequences are fantastic, animation and art is gorgeous. Top notch production. Hope David Production can keep it up.
The setting is very interesting and I'm excited to see what kind of story this will have or if it'll just be a monster of the week kinda thing. Can't wait for more.
Jul 5, 2019 11:09 AM

Jun 2014
Nice first episode. I would change the Sci-Fi tag for Fantasy though...
Jul 5, 2019 11:10 AM

Apr 2018
alpha_shadow said:
Here's the official OP upload. It's freaking awesome. The animation is so good!

damn.. what an opening, It's been a while since the last time I see such a greatly animated Opening.
Jul 5, 2019 11:12 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That train station scene caught me offguard, that was N U T T Y!!

Sakugabooru gonna have a field day with this one, so good.
Jul 5, 2019 11:13 AM
Oct 2018
I Love good shonen stories with good characters, this might be a banger atleast for me. and the direction was really cool aswell.
Jul 5, 2019 11:15 AM

Jul 2017
_MushiRock11_ said:
https://twitter.com/fireforce_pr/status/1147199586835947520?s=21

Great to see this, even more hyped for the Episode now!
Ex-Shaft Animators + that Delightful Op + Astounding Popularity right off the bat, way to go and here’s to hoping it’ll manage to keep up this momentum!

It's as everyone says: WHAT A VISUAL SPECTACLE. The strong Shounen feels brought back the MHA vibe.
Even to the MC Shinra himself: "I want to be a hero." Deku wannabe perhaps? AND...Maki "Ochako"?

Great setting to begin with, as expected from the PVs. Went beyond and more.

Instead of a "Quirkless" power like Deku, Shinra himself as the power of Bakugo, the Devil's Footprints. Fighting fire with fire.

Amazing pilot episode. Even better is the 2-cour setting.

Nov 2016
The opening was already an amazing visual feast, but damn, the whole episode looked so good in terms of style and animation. The OST was also top notch.

And well, it's shounen so it's safe that I'm going to enjoy the story. There are some interesting aspects to it, but I hope for some detailed world building and large-scale arcs. Cast seems already endearing. Especially Maki <3 Great start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 2015
it's a bit rushed and they didn't show people burned alive like this one.

Jul 5, 2019 11:16 AM

Feb 2018
As expected they adapted chapter 0 and 1, there are some panel that be skipped (like before infernal scene on train Shinra scare a woman with his smile) but can't blame it because for pilot episode they must reach Shinra's backstory.

Animation overall is really great, i also like some detail like there is a rainbow on the water from hydrant. Sasuga David Production and former Shaft studio staff who are the core production staff of Fire Force.
Jul 5, 2019 11:18 AM

Feb 2018
nanashi796 said:
it's a bit rushed and they didn't show people burned alive like this one.

can't blame them, they adapted chapter 0 and 1 which are long chapter (~50 pages). i already expected they will end first episode with factory wife infernal
Jul 5, 2019 11:19 AM

Jul 2014
The visuals and animation are freaking fantastic, movie tier!
As the OP alone was already visually appealing as is but the song itself is hype.
This show's gonna be a sakugafest wont it, everything flowed so well! its like watching Bones.
The story itself has me intrigued on whats to come, wonder who killed his mom, also his mom had cute fangs.
Anyways so far this is my AOTS. Please be a 2-cour please be a 2-cour pleeease be a 2-cour!

Edit: Found out this is a 2-cour season, hallefuckinglujah!! all is right in the world.
-StrayJul 5, 2019 11:23 AM
Jul 5, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2014
wow

Is the only thing I would say if MAL didn't have a 15 character limit.
Jul 5, 2019 11:21 AM

Jun 2014
You can really see the people behind Kizumonogatari worked on this. The adaptation was absolutely brilliant and the overall visual aesthetics are stunning! The animation is ridiculously good and the story boarding was top notch. The voice acting was also phenomenal. AOTY contender right here. It was very amusing, the characters were filled with life and this did a great job at capturing the charm of the manga. The Shaft people brought in so much atmosphere, I'm amazed how good of a job they did. The music did a great job at complementing the sad moments and the intense action scenes. They did unfortunately cut some panels out, but I guess they had to do it in order to adapt so much content in the first episode. Overall I'm very satisfied and I hope this adaptation will deliver all the way.

I honestly got emotional at the final moments of the episode, not only because the moment was conveyed so beautifully, but also because this fantastic manga is getting so much love with this top tier adaptation.
Jul 5, 2019 11:25 AM

Jun 2014
-Stray said:
As the OP alone was already visually appealing as is but the song itself is hype.
This show's gonna be a sakugafest wont it, everything flowed so well! its like watching Bones.
The story itself has me intrigued on whats to come, wonder who killed his mom, also his mom had cute fangs.
Anyways so far this is my AOTS. Please be a 2-cour please be a 2-cour pleeease be a 2-cour!

Edit: Found out this is a 2-cour season, hallefuckinglujah!! all is right in the world.

Even better, it's supposedly 4 cours, with a break after the first 24 episodes.
Jul 5, 2019 11:34 AM

Jun 2014
Here's the ED.
Jul 5, 2019 11:37 AM

Jul 2014
alpha_shadow said:
-Stray said:

Even better, it's supposedly 4 cours, with a break after the first 24 episodes.

4-cours with only a mere break after the 2-cours!!!! meaning the production value most likely won't drop that much! best.fcking.news!
Jul 5, 2019 11:38 AM

Nov 2014
I don't know about the writing but holy shit the animation and the sound design is actually on another level.

Very excited for this one tbh.
Jul 5, 2019 11:39 AM

May 2015
The animation in this episode was fucking insane. One of the best looking episodes I've ever seen.

Jul 5, 2019 11:40 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lelouch0202 said:
This is great, very strong premiere. Damn, everything I watched today has been great. Summer season is so lit. xD

Love our Fire Squadron already, all the characters seem fun and I already took a liking to Shinra and his smirk when you get tensed up personality. Makes for some really awkward but funny moments. xD

Maki-chan and sister are both pretty good, glorious bath scene but damn the steam. XD.

Fight sequences are fantastic, animation and art is gorgeous. Top notch production. Hope David Production can keep it up.
The setting is very interesting and I'm excited to see what kind of story this will have or if it'll just be a monster of the week kinda thing. Can't wait for more.

Exactly this, in its entirety! Fire Squad members are great in their own ways and the fan service really solid so far (lol)! Animation (Art + the Action Choreography) is stunning, really hoping this level of quality will persist throughout the season! Comedy wasn’t the strong point this episode but hopefully it’ll only get better from here onwards. Pretty tragic backstory for our main character and seeing it align with the current events was pretty cool! Typical but cool, nonetheless. A big props to David Productions and the Ex-Shaft Animators lastly!

Man, that genuine smile from our main character after listening to those praises was really heartwarming! A step closer to heroism, most certainly!

Summer 2019 Anime is off to a Great Start and today’s shows just topped that! It’s going be a hell of a Summer it seems!
_MushiRock11_Jul 5, 2019 11:53 AM

Jul 5, 2019 11:42 AM
May 2018
the art was fucking amazing but maki's design was changed. now she has the hat from the start but i guess that is mostly for merch
Jul 5, 2019 11:44 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
KANLen09 said:
It's as everyone says: WHAT A VISUAL SPECTACLE. The strong Shounen feels brought back the MHA vibe.
Even to the MC Shinra himself: "I want to be a hero." Deku wannabe perhaps? AND...Maki "Ochako"?

Great setting to begin with, as expected from the PVs. Went beyond and more.

Instead of a "Quirkless" power like Deku, Shinra himself as the power of Bakugo, the Devil's Footprints. Fighting fire with fire.

Amazing pilot episode. Even better is the 2-cour setting.

What a stunning visual spectacle, wonderful setting and a superb platform (2-cour) indeed!

I’m really feeling the BnHA vibes, yeah, and I can totally see the Deku, Bakugou and Ochako references here now that you mention it! Great to see a typical Shōnen series such as this standout and David Productions going out of their way to make this a colossal hit!

Friday nights are going to be amazing this Season with this plus Dr. Stone and Araburu Kisetsu!

Jul 5, 2019 11:46 AM

Sep 2014
The animation and action scenes were brilliant but putting aside those I didn't find anything else interesting about the episode. Oh well, it's only the first episode.
Jul 5, 2019 11:56 AM
Sep 2015
This could be my favorite anime but the tragedy is over limit. The phenomenal is too scary, it could happen to anyone, even a good guy within special force team can turn into a fire demon without any indication. Our protagonist is like Deku but with a bad end for his family so he went to fire training school instead of UA High school.
Jul 5, 2019 12:15 PM
Dec 2017
Hi guys, can somebody tell me what it means in the series and where it comes the say "látom" which is said by the priestess in the first minutes? Because it is written exactly as a word in my language (hungarian) and it was pronounced exactly as it should be (with the exception of a small i at the end) which means " I see (it)" and not many languages uses the "á" letter so I was curious whether it was from my native language or it has an other meaning from a different language.
Jul 5, 2019 12:16 PM

Mar 2015
Came for Maki, stayed for the visuals, heck even the audio is good. First episode is very impressive, hope they do a good adaptation. I was reading the manga and lost interest after a while because I felt it was lacking something.
Jul 5, 2019 12:21 PM

Oct 2017
Visually is pretty good but kinda boring first episode, not sure if I dig this whole spontaneous combustion thing...but we will see
Jul 5, 2019 12:22 PM

Mar 2019
I definitely understand the hype around the anime, I for one was totally ecstatic when I saw the release of this show, and now all I want to do is blow my non-existent life savings on the manga. However was the first episode worthy of a 10/10? Eh. no.
The first episode I found was rather disappointing. We got all the information we needed from a first episode. Characters, plot, and setting. Episode one is all about setting the stage, however this show decided it's time to go over board with the backstory dropping.
I understand the writers want us to feel and sympathize for our character so that we will be more than likely to root for him as the series progresses, but talk about forced writing. A backstory should be delivered slowly and piece by piece. We learn more about a character while also watching him mature and grow. Once I have his life story pieced together around 3-5 or so episodes in, I'll be much more satisfied rooting for him. However this kids entire backstory was dropped into my lap in the first episode. "I'm already full from the context you've already given me Funimation" but all Funimation says is "EAT MORRE."
I'm all for this show and I'm really interested in watching future episodes, but understand that interrupting a hype fight scene to input a sappy story about why my guy is in his situation in the first place is what we call LAZY WRITING.
Jul 5, 2019 12:25 PM
Aug 2018
We'll dr.stone and fire force good series'of this year
Jul 5, 2019 12:25 PM
Aug 2011
If there's one thing to say is that Ookubo has struck gold with each of his anime adaptations we don't talk about NOT! in the visual department. A treat for the eyes.
Jul 5, 2019 12:26 PM

Jun 2010
It's similar to Ao in the Exorcist, just better. XD
8.0/10 to the first episode.
Jul 5, 2019 12:27 PM
Nov 2017
The pacing felt a bit oddly ... slow? But I guess that just happens sometimes for adaptations.
Jul 5, 2019 12:37 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Fantastic first episode. Visually spectacular. The action was well choreographed a blast to watch. I love the style of this world. Sort of a hybrid of steampunk and futuristic, I really dig it.

Loved the main character, he's a lot deeper than I thought he would. He's also really sincere. I can totally relate to him when it comes to smiling in inappropriate situations. I too have that issue.

The rest of the team looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait to see what kind of antics they get in.

A really great first episode. I can't wait to see where this one goes.
Jul 5, 2019 12:38 PM
Jul 2018
Really good animation but nothing more.

That this and Dr Stone has more score than Kanata no Astra makes me lose faith in humanity. I guess it's impossible to get a good score nowadays in MAL if the anime is not a generic battle shounen.
Jul 5, 2019 12:42 PM
Jul 2018
amazing! excited for this
Jul 5, 2019 12:45 PM

Jan 2018
holy shit the animation, amazing op and interesting first episode.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jul 5, 2019 12:50 PM
Jul 2018
GOD DAMN THAT WAS GOOD

Comedy actually made me laugh, the cast of characters is very likeable, the animation is fluid, and the Pyrokinesis powers just look so damn cool, David Productions picked a good one yet again.

Not to mention, THAT OP AND ED THO.

As for the plot, well it's still Episode 1, but it's a Battle Shounen, so I' m probably going to enjoy it anyway (as long as there's not an asspull every other episode).
removed-userJul 5, 2019 12:55 PM
Jul 5, 2019 12:54 PM

Dec 2017
not a bad start. the animation was good, and overall seems like a pretty faithful adaptation

sarazanmai had even better animation than this, but the story was shit. at least here i know the source material, so i won't get disappointed
Jul 5, 2019 12:55 PM
Sep 2015
Honestly though, I found this pretty disappointing. Visuals are great and the premise is exciting, but I really don't see what sets it apart from the other shonen anime. The fanservice takes away any remaining personality of the two female characters. As for Shinra, even though I appreciated the his character setting of smiling when anxious, the fact that it's used for the sake of angst so quickly afterwards also detracts from my perception of his characterization. The pacing was also awkward at times, with flashbacks that overly interrupted the flow of the episode. As a rule of thumb, it's never the best idea to bring in the angst/backstory before the audience likes the character and, on top of that, sympathizes with them. It definitely could've been executed better.
Jul 5, 2019 12:55 PM

Mar 2017
I am blown away by this first episode! Everything about it was amazing; the art, the Op, the character designs, the combat scenes.... EVERYTHING!

I was a bit worried at first cause Shinra is voiced by the same VA as Asta and Asta's voice is the soul reason i stopped watching Black Clover but with a voice less painfully shout-y he seems a great fit for Shinra.

Okubo is a genius in world building and his imagination is beyond brilliant.... just like with Soul Eater, this is visually stunning and the plot is thrilling.

I think this is gonna be one of the big hits of the summer season.
Pages (8) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

198 by Jamk_ »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

200 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:32 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 27, 2019

64 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 20, 2019

120 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:45 AM

Poll: » Enen no Shouboutai Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2019

121 by SenseiSempai-san »»
May 7, 2:22 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.