Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2019 6:21 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This looks great so far. The setting looks so natural with the amount of content. The stone turning scene is so eerie.

Along with the main characters, we meet Senku (that shirt...I see what they did there) and he's quite an fascinating young man with his curious persoanlity. It pretty much sets up for rest of the season with the invention type of gags from the episode.

Taiju is also pretty funny to watch. I also find the music choice kinda clever for this.
Stark700Jul 5, 2019 7:39 AM
Jul 5, 2019 6:22 AM

Aug 2017
Not bad, could have been better....A bit weird...Next episode pls...

It annoys me that the world ended and he only thinks about her.
NurguburuJul 5, 2019 11:21 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jul 5, 2019 6:43 AM

Oct 2017
I was wondering how gd a job tms entertainment will to animating Dr.Stone and they did it quite well. Senku's voice suits him and the animation was nice too. Hope they keep doing a great job animating this awesome series and im happy af , finally seeing dr.stone animated.
MegamiRemJul 5, 2019 7:49 AM
Jul 5, 2019 7:34 AM

Jun 2019
Nurguburu said:
Why do you act like you've seen the episode already? I bet everything you will edit your post or at the very least post another one with some more infos, which will come by after you REALLY WATCH THE EPISODE.
Jul 5, 2019 7:50 AM

Nov 2016
I'm glad that the first episode did so well.

Nice visuals, atmosphere, comedy, soundtrack and voice acting. Very satisfied with how it turned out, this will be a fun adventure.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 5, 2019 8:00 AM

Nov 2017
Damn, I love the pacing, they're not wasting time but it doesn't feel rushed. This is very promising so far.
Jul 5, 2019 8:04 AM

May 2016
The animation in this looks fantastic, and I think the storyline is so unique. I hope that the series doesn't disappoint, although I don't think it will.

I'm interested to know how Senku and Taiju didn't need to eat or drink to survive. Easy 5/5 for me and I'm so happy to have started this anime at the beginning of it being aired.
Jul 5, 2019 8:05 AM

Sep 2018
Finally! This first episode was amazing it explained story very well a didnt feel rushed.
Both animation and the VA's are amazing.

You know you found a great anime if you cant wait for next episode and this one i can say with 10 billion % certainty will be exhilarating!!!

Also seeing Senku's troll face animated was the greatest thing :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 5, 2019 8:05 AM

Dec 2014
That was fantastic, I was excited when an anime for this got announced but this first episode exceeded all expectations I had.

TMS really brought their production value to this, the art looks beautiful, the soundtrack is great, the montage sequences were the real highlight for me. The directing was great and it flowed so well with the soundtrack in the background.

Curious as to how many chapters they will adapt, did they ever confirm how many episodes this would be? I've only read the early parts of the manga so hopefully a lot of the stuff that I haven't read yet will get animated.

Senkuu and Taijuu make such a nice duo and their dynamic is great especially with Senkuu;s smirks and Taijuu's raw energy. Can't help but get excited. xD

Promising start, excited for more. Really hope the production can stay strong.
Jul 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Jun 2014
This is a solid first episode! 10 billion percent loved the voice acting and the soundtrack. It's just the stepping stones for what's to come and can't wait!
Jul 5, 2019 8:08 AM

Apr 2016
This is why humanity is at the very top of the food chain ... cause we can make booze even in the stone age. I was expecting billions of info dumps like every 5 seconds, but no, this was great start .. i wanna see more.
Jul 5, 2019 8:13 AM

Jan 2018
Animation 10/10, Story 11/10, Music 9/10 THIS IS ONE HELL OF AN ANIME. EVERYTHING IS SO GOODDDDDAAAMNN AWEESOOMEEEE, IT WAS SUCH A GOOD READ IN THE MANGA, THE STUDUI DID A GREAT JOB ADAPTING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Jul 5, 2019 8:13 AM

Sep 2013
The cover looked cool,that's why i started blindly watching this and holy shit this pilot was fantastic,this is so weird and enjoyable to watch,first anime started and already AOTS potential,opening is pretty nice too even if it spoils a bit.
Deep dark fantasies
Jul 5, 2019 8:14 AM

Jul 2011
Yup, looks awesome as thought.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Jul 5, 2019 8:20 AM

Sep 2018
Lelouch0202 said:
That was fantastic, I was excited when an anime for this got announced but this first episode exceeded all expectations I had.

TMS really brought their production value to this, the art looks beautiful, the soundtrack is great, the montage sequences were the real highlight for me. The directing was great and it flowed so well with the soundtrack in the background.

Curious as to how many chapters they will adapt, did they ever confirm how many episodes this would be? I've only read the early parts of the manga so hopefully a lot of the stuff that I haven't read yet will get animated.

Senkuu and Taijuu make such a nice duo and their dynamic is great especially with Senkuu;s smirks and Taijuu's raw energy. Can't help but get excited. xD

Promising start, excited for more. Really hope the production can stay strong.

it will be 2-cour or 24 eps , they will probably cover first 4 volumes :D
well that's just my opinion.....
Jul 5, 2019 8:21 AM

Jun 2014
I like it so far, both of these guys are pretty likable characters (wish Taiju didnt yell so much but I suppose that's expected with a musclehead character like him), the visuals look nice, and the story seems interesting. I'm excited for the next episode!
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jul 5, 2019 8:22 AM

Sep 2010
It's an interesting concept no doubt but for a level of hype this anime got, so far I'm not that impressed.

So far it was only pilot setting episode, so I don't know where the story is going in a long run, but if it turns into an educational anime that teaches children the basis of chemistry and science then I'm out.

On plus side though, the production quality is excellent.
Jul 5, 2019 8:24 AM

Sep 2014
That was a great start. I went to this show completely blind (didn't even check the synopsis only knew it was serialized in the WSJ magazine) and didn't regret it. I'm intrigued to see more episodes of this. Do we know if this is going to be a 2-cour or not? Judging by the amount of chapters I think it's pretty plausible.
Jul 2018
Is it Senkuu or Senku?
Feb 2009
hypee kinda slow start though as expected but that's alright.
Jul 5, 2019 8:25 AM

Sep 2017
The first episode was interesting, I really like the protagonist.
Jul 5, 2019 8:27 AM

May 2016
Damn, I love the pacing, they're not wasting time but it doesn't feel rushed. The first episode was interesthing and love the protagonist so far <3
Jul 5, 2019 8:28 AM

Sep 2017
WHERE IS TRUMP-SAMA???? 0/10
Jul 5, 2019 8:29 AM

Jul 2015
It looks interesting, but since it is a shounen, I suppose they are going to resurrect some bad guys to move the plot forward. I doubt science itself can keep this moving forward.

Jul 5, 2019 8:30 AM
Jul 2014
They adapted the start of one of my favorite mangas perfectly! I almost cried on the opening. Not because the song, which is good tho. But the beautiful visuals that brought back the memories <3
Loved the voice acting, directing, animation, coloring, the beautiful art of the nature, and of course the soundtrack! All of them are great!

Had some little bit off faces here and there but this really just nitpicking.
Jul 5, 2019 8:31 AM

Apr 2016
Ryougine said:
Nurguburu said:
Why do you act like you've seen the episode already? I bet everything you will edit your post or at the very least post another one with some more infos, which will come by after you REALLY WATCH THE EPISODE.

Why would you assume someone is lying if he didn't like something as much as you did?

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 5, 2019 8:31 AM

Feb 2018
They skip the panel that show Donald Trump was being stoned
Jul 5, 2019 8:32 AM

Apr 2016
AdrianRubinsky said:
It looks interesting, but since it is a shounen, I suppose they are going to resurrect some bad guys to move the plot forward. I doubt science itself can keep this moving forward.

Run with the Wind is criminally underrated.
Jul 5, 2019 8:39 AM
Aug 2018
This is a perfect adaptation. I can't wait for the next episode of Stoner Boy
Jul 5, 2019 8:41 AM

Apr 2019
Pretty Good.
I love Senku already, the Screaming Guy was annoying but i don't hate him.
The Concept is awesome though.

I don't really know anything about this looking forward to seeing the next Ep.
You son of a .. turtle

Jul 5, 2019 8:42 AM
Feb 2018
I really enjoyed that first episode. Love the science and the survival aspect of it. The art is amazing too.
Jul 5, 2019 8:43 AM

Jun 2019
franxz said:
Ryougine said:

Why would you assume someone is lying if he didn't like something as much as you did?
Well, he in all his "Episode discussion" posts tends to comment first, and after a couple hours he edit it by giving his final thoughts which leads me to believe he watches the episode just before he edit his own comment. He probably just wanna be the first to post as he's winning something by doing that.
Jul 5, 2019 8:43 AM

Jan 2017
I thought it was a decent first episode. The thing that stood out to me the most was probably the OST, it was well done.
Jul 5, 2019 8:44 AM

Apr 2017
I was really hoping that this would turn out great, and I'm not disappointed by it. The faces aren't as crazy as I was hoping for, but it's still great! Can't wait for more!

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Jul 5, 2019 8:45 AM

Feb 2017
I was looking forward to this, the manga is lots of fun. And so far so good. They adapted it really well.
Jul 5, 2019 8:45 AM
Sep 2015
Very splendid production is spent on such a weak story, and even worse, it's Fantasy trying to be Sci-fi. Remind me of pseudo-science trying to be hard sci-fi story which is one of my worst anime that begin with the word Steins and end with the word Gate. At this point the only thing that will make it interesting is to have only male gender resurrection, which it won't.
Jul 5, 2019 8:47 AM

Mar 2018
So that's why there was so much hype behind this anime.

The story seems really good, I already love Senkuu, the OST feels a bit out of place during the wine making compilation but was great nonetheless, the comedy made laugh out loud several times.

Yeah, this anime is a ton of fun. Definitely the best anime that has aired yet this season.
Jul 5, 2019 8:47 AM

Aug 2012
Except for the stone thing and surviving that long inside everything is pretty spot on. I have some comments though:
1. you do not have to stir grape juice to make wine. Generally alcohol ferments even without doing anything
2. why did they shaved? there is no advantage to shaving.
3. why did they use those to shave? A piece of rock or a piece of stone would have worked better. even backing from mud a knife would have been better, Also why don't they make bread?
phantomfandom said:
Very splendid production is spent on such a weak story, and even worse, it's Fantasy trying to be Sci-fi. Remind me of pseudo-science trying to be hard sci-fi story which is one of my worst anime that begin with the word Steins and end with the word Gate. At this point the only thing that will make it interesting is to have only male gender resurrection, which it won't.

why would they have just male gender resurrected? who would make babies? As long as women do as they are told and do not try to take control I do not see any problems.
Jul 5, 2019 8:49 AM

Dec 2016
Meh, didn't have hopes since the PV, but at least wanted to try the first episode to give it the benefit of doubt.

Pretty obnoxious episode as I was expecting. Loud dumb sidekick that has to shout out everything he's thinking or doing. And a rude 12year old-kinda character that has to go into hyperbole mode everytime he has to use any kind of numbers.

Hard pass for me.
Jul 5, 2019 8:49 AM

Jan 2008
Damn those character designs and visuals are clean. Hoping that aspect at least stays consistent throughout the series.
Jul 5, 2019 8:53 AM
Sep 2018
Interesting concept rebuilding humanity from scratch.
With that potion they now hold the power to "revive" who they want too, curious how they will handle that, tho the shounen tag scares me, makes me believe they will "revive" bad guys just so there can be some "epic battles".
Looking at the OP seems to enforce that idea.
EmpxJul 5, 2019 8:57 AM
Jul 5, 2019 8:54 AM
Sep 2015
nightcrawlercyp said:

phantomfandom said:

why would they have just male gender resurrected? who would make babies? As long as women do as they are told and do not try to take control I do not see any problems.

That would make a more interesting story, who would make a babies in a world full of men? Will civilization can be created without a woman? What's reproduction system our protagonists gonna come up with?
Jul 5, 2019 8:57 AM

Jun 2015
I'M SO HYPED FOR THIS!!!!!
I love the big oaf (I forgot his name) HE IS SO PURE!!!!
Dr Stone's personality is 11/10
I want them to revive the big oaf's crush by yesterday AAAAA
They all feel the same adjust to the pain..like tears in the rain..

Jul 5, 2019 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
So this is going to be the overrated sausage-fest shonen of the season in the West.
Jul 5, 2019 9:00 AM

Mar 2017
Such an awesome 1st episode! Art was consistent with the original manga style and it was bright and vibrant. The soundtrack was also really cool, the cheerful music suiting the anime well.

I think the VA choices for Senku & Taiju are spot on. They suit the characters so well!

I'm so excited for this anime and this episode did not disappoint at all!
Jul 5, 2019 9:00 AM

Feb 2016
The start is nice for a shōnen anime with a pretty unique concept..... But it's not as great considering how much it was promoted (this show was even promoted in Times Square)
Jul 5, 2019 9:01 AM

Oct 2017
Just give me next episode :P damn that was good!
The Young Noble of the Field is currently watching - Diamond no Ace: Act II
Misugi-kun is also reading - Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Jul 5, 2019 9:03 AM
Nov 2018
This is incredibly weird. JUST THIS WEEK I was looking at a forum discussion for a random episode made a year ago, and someone recommended the Dr. Stone manga. So I've been reading the first chapters. And now - the same week, the first anime comes out. I am definitely going to watch this.

AND I catch the episode on Gogoanime just a bit more than an hour after it's been released. It's like it's destiny for me to watch it.
HegarJul 5, 2019 9:21 AM
Jul 5, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
I've been waiting for this ( manga's great ) and was a bit nervous cause of the meh trailer.
But I really liked it - well done first episode.
Senku's voice actor was a great choice too imo.
Jul 5, 2019 9:13 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
Plot and story are really good. Characters feel cliche and a little bit annoying though. The best 1st episode this season till now after Astra.

5/5
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2019

150 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 7, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2019

196 by anshumankrsingh »»
Apr 6, 6:28 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Syureria - Dec 13, 2019

335 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:43 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2019

161 by Matchappie »»
Mar 5, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 9, 2019

210 by Matchappie »»
Mar 4, 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.