Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 3, 2019 3:02 PM

Nov 2016
Almost dropped it half in, but I'm actually curious to see how this will play out.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 3, 2019 3:26 PM

Jun 2014
The premise is a copy of Overlord... but the characters and plot are... empty.
Cazador75Jul 3, 2019 3:31 PM
Jul 3, 2019 3:30 PM
Apr 2019
Cazador75 said:
Looks like Overlord but worse...

probably better than overlord since mc isn't a skeleton and the waifu's look better, but that isn't saying much
Jul 3, 2019 3:41 PM

Nov 2016
Short_Circut said:
Afloo said:
The Idea of a Character being Isekai to a world that THEY THEMSELVES CREATED is good and a bit original (At least I hadn't seen it done) but the way it was done was not that interesting. It was also filled with poorly handled Cliches. They awere atleast self aware of it to some extent.

It was done in Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody but yea, I can see your point

If you had given an Example of someone doing this well I might've actually checked it out. So this same Idea had already Flopped before...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 3:56 PM

Jan 2018
yannickryan said:
Mattinator95 said:

don't see the point in scoring shows when they are airing to begin with or scoring shows that have completed airing when still watching them.

i usually first rate an anime after watching the first episode, and then rerate it after finishing it.

i don't really know why though

exactly my point, messed up my wording a bit there lmao
Jul 3, 2019 4:15 PM

Dec 2016
Seems pretty generic as an isekai, and even more generic in all the grand scheme of anime, but I'll probably give it another couple episodes because I'm fantasy trash and I'll give pretty much anything in that realm a try lol
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jul 3, 2019 4:25 PM

Oct 2009
xSkipi said:
Cruelties said:
Is it just me or does the ending sound a bit... off

Yup it's really really weird
I checked all my tabs thinking another video started xD

Same here, paused the video thinking something else was suddenly playing for some reason. Nope, just either they scuffed the audio or the song is just that bad.
Jul 3, 2019 4:26 PM
Nov 2011
So this is basically the same as how not to summon a demon lord, except far worse in every way..
Jul 3, 2019 4:29 PM

Sep 2016
Blonde Ram is adorable, how dare they call her trash
Jul 3, 2019 4:56 PM
Apr 2018
Is Aku a boy or a girl? They didn't show Aku's tiddies when he/she grabbed the soap
Jul 3, 2019 5:11 PM

Dec 2016
Blergh

This looks and feels like it was written by a twelve year old.

Yet another isekai with a programmer trapped in it's own videogame. Death March was already cheesy and bad, but at least had decent animation and it had some fun bits here and there. This one severely lacking in both animation and direction or even charm, it doesn't have a promising future at all.

Just as bad as Death March, this one delves into an MC dedicated to protect his newly adopted "daughter", with the author giving her a sob background story where everyone in her village hates her for no good reason. The villagers welcoming her back with a lapidation round intead of wondering how did she survive despite being sent as a sacrifice to the lower demon just points out how dumb and below any common sense these background characters were crafted as. MC torching their village by mistake is just a lame excuse to make him a vigilante without getting his hands soaked in blood.

I really love Kenjirou Tsuda's voice in support characters from enigmatic giraffes to 2 feet tall perverted old geezers. But giving him the main role of such a monotone character in a very dull and wish fullfilment otaku world, just makes me want to turn deaf.

This one is definitely skipable.

KimurahJul 3, 2019 5:37 PM
Jul 3, 2019 5:29 PM

Jan 2015
Well looool, this must be the most generic anime I’ve ever seen.
The OP song is a mess, and the visuals for it too. The animation... ehhh it’s a new studio so I don’t want to complain about that.

Don’t know if I’ll watch the second episode

Jul 3, 2019 5:32 PM

Nov 2016
This was worst than what I thought. The animation and the world in general are awful, the main character interactions are also awful, the method of the main character being transported in the isekai is awful, the music is awful, the opening is awful (the opening is literally all the ecchi characters and the main), the opening already showed us like 10 characters that are there just for ecchi. AND the main girl OMG, what is that thing, they really think that because Rem is a popular and beloved character they can do the same but as a loli, ughhhh no.
Jul 3, 2019 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
So they return to get the girl's things and he just goes invisible only to have her get attacked 5 seconds later so he goes visible again. Then they don't even get her things and just leave for whatever reason and she doesn't seem to care. The way the scenes flow in this anime is terrible. Also the main guy's voice sounds so forced in a lot of places.

Maybe I'll just read the manga. This feels like an adaptation problem more than a source problem.
Jul 3, 2019 5:39 PM

Jul 2017
Afloo said:
Short_Circut said:

It was done in Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody but yea, I can see your point

If you had given an Example of someone doing this well I might've actually checked it out. So this same Idea had already Flopped before...

tbf though it started off pretty well unlike this one. Quickly dropped though once the harem aspect started to come into play like most isekai's
Jul 3, 2019 6:15 PM

Dec 2010
It was pretty meh.
Deliveries go here pls <3
Candy Kingdom
(∩^o^)⊃━☆゚.*・。゚
Jul 3, 2019 6:17 PM

Jul 2019
Super-meta isekai. Kind of over this type of stuff at this point. Nothing really interesting about this one in particular, I was mostly just bored watching it. Man creates game, gets summoned into the game somehow, meets little girl and wants to help her. The world just seems rather dull though, not my type of fantasy. Demons and darkness over bright colors and creativity. I might be exaggerating a bit. Forgettable.
Jul 3, 2019 6:25 PM

Jan 2008
Been a while since I read the manga adaption of it, which I did enjoy, but man these visuals are atrocious. The character designs also looked dumbed down, the music dated and the MC's voice actor apparently has a sore throat. I almost thought this was JC with how bad it was. Meh.
Jul 3, 2019 6:44 PM
Feb 2012
they had better pay Tsuda Kenjirou enough for this boring MC role
Jul 3, 2019 6:44 PM

Dec 2018
Poor direction, budget of a potato. It does not help much if they decide to repeat each joke and cliche already seen in each isekai.
I really do not know what they thought when they put this on the air, if Arifureta was a year late to improve at least the designs, but here they just do not feel like doing anything right until the opening feels lacking choreography with the visual, all the production is a disaster It hurts because the relation of the MC with the girl as if it were his father I liked a lot.
Jul 3, 2019 7:10 PM

Jan 2019
Fine episode for the average isekai. I like the mc being a grow up dude instead of some generic annoying kirito clone mc. This show feel like a mix of Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo no Dorei Majutsu with Death March. The mc is a lot like Diablo but of course he looks older.

As with most of modern isekais, I didn't watch the episode with high expcetations so not really disappointed about it.

Not the best show, but seems more interesting than something like the smartphone isekai, death march or The Master of Ragnarok & Blesser of Einherjar.

Jul 3, 2019 7:27 PM

Jul 2012
Yet another isekai. They kinda went with this gimmick that main character seems aware of how ridiculous it is, even commenting that if he knew it was gonna happen, he would've read more light novels. This approach is kind of becoming a trend I guess.

Still gonna watch it. I'm sucker for that OP newcomer protagonists that blow everyone's mind.
Awesome signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2019 7:44 PM

Oct 2012
Mattinator95 said:

don't see the point in scoring shows when they are airing to begin with or scoring shows that have completed airing when still watching them.

I rate right away and adjust as I go. For me it shows people what I think of the show at that moment. Someone can come in mid-season and if they're into highly rated shows, or whatever, those might help them filter through some of the crap. Of course, everyone should be discerning and not just use the masses to make their decisions. Regardless, I don't find it as pointless.
Jul 3, 2019 8:00 PM
Apr 2019
5layer said:
So they return to get the girl's things and he just goes invisible only to have her get attacked 5 seconds later so he goes visible again. Then they don't even get her things and just leave for whatever reason and she doesn't seem to care. The way the scenes flow in this anime is terrible. Also the main guy's voice sounds so forced in a lot of places.

Maybe I'll just read the manga. This feels like an adaptation problem more than a source problem.

It seems to me they are just shooting from the hip, not even aiming at anything
Jul 3, 2019 8:15 PM

Mar 2018
So that's isekai number 1, I'll watch all 6 or 7 of them this season just to lower my mean score

Skipped through the episode after 90 seconds. Still funny how these stories start, some are more lazy than others, this one didnt give a fuck

How is this even advertisement for the LN if anyone decides to buy it through this anime get him killed for his shit cancer taste
poop
Jul 3, 2019 8:30 PM
May 2017
Well, been watching isekai shows from absolute trash to great. I have a mixed feeling about this show

I can only summarize it in a few sentences: "It's Another One"

Jul 3, 2019 9:20 PM

Mar 2016
Doing a comparison with Kenja no Mago with this one at least I finished the episode, but still think is a bad isekai. Not interested in watching the rest of it, moving to the next series.
No tomo malas decisiones, solo me gusta apoyar causas perdidas.
Disfruté Mayoiga, Ou-sama Game, Evil or Live, Mirai Nikki, Big Order, Arifureta, Ex-Arm, Tesla Note, Shuumatsu no Harem y Platinum End
nope les falle con esa, lo siento pero todos tenemos nuestros límites.
Así de jodido es mi gusto en anime, ¡Y estoy pinche orgulloso de ello!

Jul 3, 2019 9:37 PM
Dec 2015
The humour in this is great, and I'm glad they kept it, the show deserves to be at least a 7, it's better than a lot of shows last season. I'd say this episode felt fast but you non readers should be able to understand the characters enough. I would say the manga's art is much more detailed however I'm already feeling connected with the excellent voice work. I got a Breath of the Wild vibe from the anime's first episode, I will definitely be watching.
Jul 3, 2019 9:39 PM
Dec 2015
Kimurah said:
Blergh

Yet another isekai with a programmer trapped in it's own videogame. Death March was already cheesy and bad, but at least had decent animation and it had some fun bits here and there. This one severely lacking in both animation and direction or even charm, it doesn't have a promising future at all.

Just as bad as Death March, this one delves into an MC dedicated to protect his newly adopted "daughter", with the author giving her a sob background story where everyone in her village hates her for no good reason. The villagers welcoming her back with a lapidation round intead of wondering how did she survive despite being sent as a sacrifice to the lower demon just points out how dumb and below any common sense these background characters were crafted as. MC torching their village by mistake is just a lame excuse to make him a vigilante without getting his hands soaked in blood.

I really love Kenjirou Tsuda's voice in support characters from enigmatic giraffes to 2 feet tall perverted old geezers. But giving him the main role of such a monotone character in a very dull and wish fullfilment otaku world, just makes me want to turn deaf.

The comedy is what makes this story great, you watch 1 episode and expect it to be the same bullshit when it isnt.
Jul 3, 2019 9:48 PM
Apr 2019
Britasha said:
Kimurah said:
Blergh

The comedy is what makes this story great, you watch 1 episode and expect it to be the same bullshit when it isnt.

I was laughing the entire time watching kenja No Mago, i didn’t even chuckle watching this.
Jul 3, 2019 9:50 PM
Apr 2017
For such a cliche idea to succeed
you need charismatic characters
But this one doesn't even have that but also has a horrible script, it feels so weird and bareky anything makes Sense
Dropped
Jul 3, 2019 10:37 PM
Oct 2017
ErSolid said:
For such a cliche idea to succeed
you need charismatic characters
But this one doesn't even have that but also has a horrible script, it feels so weird and bareky anything makes Sense
Dropped

Konosuba is probably the only parody isekai that I have seen that managed to be charming, and that was entirely due to the charisma of the cast and voice actors, combined with a script that was actually funny.

Compare that to a girl named "Evil" whose job is to get rid of shit and be pelted by rocks... I was even willing to give the show a second episode before we got to the village, but nah, this is going nowhere, and I have better things to do with my time.
Jul 3, 2019 10:53 PM

May 2018
I wonder if the little girl is a trap
Jul 3, 2019 10:54 PM
Dec 2015
elementex said:
Britasha said:

I was laughing the entire time watching kenja No Mago, i didn’t even chuckle watching this.

Episode 1 of kenja no mago is crap, if you were laughing the whole time on that episode you clearly are the one with shit taste. And again this was 1 episode... I'm confident that anybody who'll actually watch this series will at least give it a 7. It doesn't deserve the full kick of, oof it's an isekai. Bye!
Jul 3, 2019 10:55 PM
Oct 2017
Boring af, this anime looks like a mix of others Isekai but worse. They took all the bad things from other isekai anime and put on this one.
Story: Null
Animation: Lvl. Paint
Characters: MC have a good design, no more. The girl is pretty annoying and looks like blonde Rem.
OST: Average

3/10 for this episode, so I don't expect anything from this anime.
Jul 3, 2019 10:58 PM
Dec 2015
Kxrumi said:
Boring af, this anime looks like a mix of others Isekai but worse. They took all the bad things from other isekai anime and put on this one.
Characters: MC have a good design, no more. The girls is pretty annoying and looks like blonde Rem.

Waay to low of a score for 1 episode? Did you even watch it? Boring?? You fail to explain you just say it's an isekai. Dont compare this to re:zero or the other isekai's and you may actually enjoy it.
Jul 3, 2019 11:04 PM
Oct 2017
Britasha said:
Kxrumi said:
Characters: MC have a good design, no more. The girls is pretty annoying and looks like blonde Rem.

Waay to low of a score for 1 episode? Did you even watch it? Boring?? You fail to explain you just say it's an isekai. Dont compare this to re:zero or the other isekai's and you may actually enjoy it.
I don't know if you read well what I wrote, but I clearly give my opinion about THIS chapter, my first impressions. Personally I don't think this anime will improve or anything like that, since the premise is the same that has been seen in so many others only that they have made it worse.
Jul 3, 2019 11:15 PM
Apr 2019
Britasha said:
elementex said:

Episode 1 of kenja no mago is crap, if you were laughing the whole time on that episode you clearly are the one with shit taste. And again this was 1 episode... I'm confident that anybody who'll actually watch this series will at least give it a 7. It doesn't deserve the full kick of, oof it's an isekai. Bye!

Every single episode of kenja No Mago had more loved it than anything else unlike this anime. Kenja never reached this low of a score and it never will. Despite having a lot of haters kenja No Mago has a lot of love and over 1k favorites which is higher than everything in spring outside the big 3
elementexJul 3, 2019 11:18 PM
Jul 3, 2019 11:22 PM
Dec 2015
Kxrumi said:
Britasha said:

I don't know if you read what I wrote well, but I clearly give my opinion about THIS chapter, my first impressions. Personally I don't think this anime will improve or anything like that, since the premise is the same that has been seen in so many others only that they have made it worse.

I dont really see it as that bad but I will agree that they went through developing to fast and I think they may not explain everything which could cause problems, still 3/10 I just dont see it as that low. I dont think everything that happened in the anime happened in the manga, for example the village burning, I dont remember even so I thought the understanding of lifestyle kind of worked but yes the characters do seem less logical, they may explain why they acted like that later? they seemed to of skipped his understanding of how the powers work as well you can see him looking through things in the background, in the manga you see exactly what he's doing. I at least hope they keep the comedy, I reckon at the end of this season you may feel tempted to give it at least a 7 depending on what they do with it. The next episode if they show you more about Mc's ability you may enjoy it/understand more but I think on episode 3/4 should be what the part of the manga that got people attached. I personally enjoyed this episode as a fan of the manga it felt like them connecting but as you're new I guess you can't feel the connection yet and that is due to what they've skipped I reckon.
Jul 3, 2019 11:27 PM

May 2018
nice start, but I have no fucking clue what's going on at the end xD
Jul 3, 2019 11:32 PM
Dec 2015
elementex said:
Britasha said:

Every single episode of kenja No Mago had more loved it than anything else unlike this anime. Kenja never reached this low of a score and it never will. Despite having a lot of haters kenja No Mago has a lot of love and over 1k favorites which is higher than everything in spring outside the big 3

Yeah so taste then isn't it... still this is 1 episode and you seem to try to connect it with everything else, this show isn't one of those shows. it's almost as if you're saying it's some sort of spin off from another isekai, it's not. I personally liked this episode as from the manga I'm already connected to the characters and I love their interactions. Only problem with this episode was the lack of focus on what's going on in the mc's head and what he's learning. They may explain why the villagers are the way they are later I dunno, If you're relaxed before watching this episode and dont care about time I'd reckon you'd give it a better chance. Dont judge everything from 1 episode and it really wasnt that bad... seriously, c'mon.
Jul 3, 2019 11:45 PM
Oct 2017
Britasha said:
Kxrumi said:
I don't know if you read what I wrote well, but I clearly give my opinion about THIS chapter, my first impressions. Personally I don't think this anime will improve or anything like that, since the premise is the same that has been seen in so many others only that they have made it worse.

I dont really see it as that bad but I will agree that they went through developing to fast and I think they may not explain everything which could cause problems, still 3/10 I just dont see it as that low. I dont think everything that happened in the anime happened in the manga, for example the village burning, I dont remember even so I thought the understanding of lifestyle kind of worked but yes the characters do seem less logical, they may explain why they acted like that later? they seemed to of skipped his understanding of how the powers work as well you can see him looking through things in the background, in the manga you see exactly what he's doing. I at least hope they keep the comedy, I reckon at the end of this season you may feel tempted to give it at least a 7 depending on what they do with it. The next episode if they show you more about Mc's ability you may enjoy it/understand more but I think on episode 3/4 should be what the part of the manga that got people attached. I personally enjoyed this episode as a fan of the manga it felt like them connecting but as you're new I guess you can't feel the connection yet and that is due to what they've skipped I reckon.
For those who neither read nor read the manga (in my case) it is very boring to see this anime.
There are several reasons: From the bad development of the story, which besides not being very original is also badly explained, to the bad animation (you can notice it when he runs) and the OST wich has low quality or at most, average.
Usually, this type of anime never improves, moreover, it gets worse and worse as in the case of "Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni" and several others. And that's why I have no expectations with this anime and that's why I haven't been attracted or amused by the chapter.
I'm not one to put low scores, in fact I have an average of 7.4x which is quite high, but animes like this make me angry.

Jul 4, 2019 12:05 AM
Dec 2015
Kxrumi said:
Britasha said:

For those who neither read nor read the manga (in my case) it is very boring to see this anime.
There are several reasons: From the bad development of the story, which besides not being very original is also badly explained, to the bad animation (you can notice it when he runs) and the OST wich has low quality or at most, average.
Usually, this type of anime never improves, moreover, it gets worse and worse as in the case of "Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni" and several others. And that's why I have no expectations with this anime and that's why I haven't been attracted or amused by the chapter.
I'm not one to put low scores, in fact I have an average of 7.4x which is quite high, but animes like this make me angry.

I think it may be due to you trying to connect it with other shows, I think you should try to focus on the characters interactions on this story rather than the quality, This story isn't trying to stand out, nor is it bad, this is the sort of story you sit back, relax and enjoy. There are developments that I reckon most people could enjoy, try, look at it differently or something and you may enjoy it better.
Jul 4, 2019 12:15 AM
Dec 2015
JoeGamingAxe said:
Is Aku a boy or a girl? They didn't show Aku's tiddies when he/she grabbed the soap

She was wearing girly clothes and is fine with girly clothes, I lean her to be a girl but they probably wont say for drama and comedic uses or something. She's probably a rare form of a tomboy. Also most traps have a certain type of sound in their voice ya know, if you're a hentai artist do whatever you want ;D
Jul 4, 2019 12:44 AM

Oct 2017
Nice the blonde rem is finally here. Aku is so cute and i like the mc too. This was a gd start lets see what happens next.
Jul 4, 2019 12:53 AM

Jul 2016
2 minutes and 5 seconds in.
Yeah, I think I've seen enough
Jul 4, 2019 1:06 AM

May 2018
So the fake Rem is actually a trap?
There are some hints about that but maybe I am misinterpreting them.

This show is so dumb that it's fun but I am not sure if could follow it for more that 2-3 episodes.
alshuJul 4, 2019 1:19 AM
Jul 4, 2019 1:57 AM

Jan 2012
lmao this is even more meme as the last one

The animations and plot are trash but i like the dialogs cuz this MC says everything what a 200 IQ Isekai MC would say

Jul 4, 2019 2:16 AM

Nov 2017
No character like Aug in this series ? :(
I frown at recent installments of Persona and Trails of Cold Steel that introduce harem-like elements in the story.

We need more JRPGs like the past Lunar series, where there are multiple romantic pairings in the party other than for the protagonist and main heroine.
Jul 4, 2019 2:27 AM
Jan 2018
ill watch this for the sake of it it seems we are getting into the isekai area where they are more or less the same with isekais we have already sore . i have seen a lot of manga's with this premise where they make a game and are transported into it or transported into a world similar to it .

( most are dumb fun and just watch for sake of it and some are just boring )
so for bad isekais the list would be ?? ( in no order )

this
smartphone
death march maybe ? or is death march in the okay cat
Hyakuren no Haou to Seiyaku no Valkyria
Kenja no Mago
shield hero ???/
Shichisei no Subaru

Mattinator95Jul 4, 2019 7:00 AM
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2019

96 by Rudyanto13 »»
Mar 21, 6:52 AM

» Season 2 when?

Iroha_Pixie - May 18, 2021

31 by Allsaints112 »»
Feb 6, 3:19 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 24, 2019

53 by GabaGej »»
Dec 21, 2023 4:04 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 17, 2019

87 by icegodz12 »»
Jul 8, 2023 1:00 PM

Poll: » Maou-sama, Retry! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 10, 2019

130 by iSoulend »»
Jan 10, 2023 3:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.