Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2019 5:42 PM

Aug 2012
SSL443 said:

The level of backpedaling and excuses here... just wow, lol.

Fact you watched Kantai Collection and liked it makes your opinion from now on completely invalid.
"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."
- Plato
Jun 26, 2019 5:47 PM

Nov 2017
SMGJohn said:
SSL443 said:

Fact you watched Kantai Collection and liked it makes your opinion from now on completely invalid.
Oh god,sorry SMGJohn,I have to say I watched it,and liked it too.I hope you won't take me off your friends list :)
Damn,I loved Clannad as well,I suppose thats me off your Xmas list too :)

Btw,love your Plato quote,so apt :)
Jun 26, 2019 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
LMAO that scene with Itsuki's team member was cringy af

So it's over.
I remember after finishing the first episode and I was so hyped, I thought it had so much potential. But I think it lost steam quickly and it became as generic as an isekai can be.
It wasn't THAT bad for me, but I wouldn't be coming back for a second season.
Jun 26, 2019 5:49 PM

Dec 2016
SMGJohn said:
SSL443 said:

I need to make a bingo card for MAL forum drones.
Jun 26, 2019 5:56 PM

Nov 2011
Is Itsuki fucking delusional saying that his party can only make the world better? Now I am starting to understand why LN readers hate him more then Motoyasu jfc what a piece of garbage.

Was the slave owner talking to one of the Queens secret agents at the end? That is what it looked like to me.

My man Naofumi THE LORD of the Demi-Humans. Hell yes thats my boy!

Great anime with a great cast of characters. Naofumi broke the mold of MC's in Isekai anime and Ive loved him since the beginning. BRING ME A SEASON 2! 10/10
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jun 26, 2019 6:03 PM

Mar 2019
Not a bad finale, I'm sure there will be a season two. But I still can't help but feel this show has wasted potential. And yet another girl joins the harem party lol.

My opinion, the good;
>Raphtalia, good character and VA
>the ost, music suited the scenes well and the ops were good.
>started off with an emotional punch and felt refreshing
>the animation and fights were good at the start at least

The bad;
>for 24eps there was a lot of time spent not progressing the story
>the sword and bow heroes are so incredibly wooden characters
>majority of the characters were useless in situations
>the story became predictable and generic as it went on.

I'm sure there will be a second season and I'm hoping for it to become better again 6/10
Jun 26, 2019 6:33 PM
Oct 2017
papsoshea said:
A top contender for worst anime of the year. What an underwhelming finale bout with Glass zzzz and gathering the loli waifu baits. 2.5/10

Not being a rude person here but everyone has opinions i get it but if you score it like that even though you watched the whole thing, that says alot about you as a person. Anime lover in denial.
Jun 26, 2019 6:36 PM
Jul 2018
Just like Slime, this anime had a very promising start, yet gradually went downhill. Overall, the mediocrity of the series was extremely underwhelming, with the first episode having raised my expectations. 5/10
Jun 26, 2019 6:42 PM

Jan 2013
Now i am even more interested in what's happening in their worlds, so they both are fighting waves but ones must kill the heroes of another world... Let's hope Naofumi will find a way to "help" them all.

omggggggggggg thiiiiiiiiis! best girl!

To be honest it was a fantastic ending! They gave us a few hints about the future and ended this arc.
+1 girl to harem xD

And that kisss, finally! Why didn't they show it to us?! But at least i am happy xD After all Raphtalia won, all her effort wasn't for nothing xD

WOW! The spear hero actually used his brain, damn xD
The 3 heroes were so useless that it was hard to watch...

I think he chose the best reward possible.

What an ending! 10/10, one of the best animes i've seen in a while! Hope for a 2s <3

"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Jun 26, 2019 6:44 PM
Jul 2018
Thanks for all the good times Shield Hero, you will be missed but I'm sure S2 will come. This new community we've made has been awesome. So many new fans that love the characters and adventure. Thanks for taking part.

As for the trolls and haters, it's nice you have so much free time on your hands. Maybe use that time towards finding a show you actually like, with a community as awesome as this one. You'll have some friends that way.

Jun 26, 2019 6:45 PM

Jul 2016
My opinion on this anime is basically this:

-Started really strong
-Slowly went downhill with the idiocy of the other heroes
-Trainwreck Pope arc
-Strong finish

I have to say that I'm still want to learn more about their world, which is good. At the same time, however, I'm not exactly a fan of his harem. Not a fan of Filo and Melty is "meh" to me. Not sure what to think of that green hair girl, but she has that "type" of annoying voice. Who knows, maybe she'll actually become an amazing character.

Jun 26, 2019 7:03 PM

May 2014
Starhammer said:
At least now I won't have to read the asinine comments,oh wait,Arifureta's coming up.Crap,another season of numb comments then :)

Yeah, how bad. Another season full of numbs fanboys overpraising the generic isekai #26468 claiming that it's different because "MC is OP and hE hAd SeEeEeEeX" and dismissing any criticism with ridiculous excuses like "if you hate it then stop watching" even when you actually have to watch it to be able to criticize it. Yeah, how bad :^)

As for the fanboys and normies, it's nice you have so much free time on your hands. Maybe use that time towards finding a show actually good, with a community not as dense as this one. You'll have some friends that way.
Rhapsody-Jun 26, 2019 7:09 PM
Jun 26, 2019 7:06 PM

Oct 2011
overall the show was very good and enjoyable for me, loved the adventure aspect and character development, especially with Raphtalia. How Naofumi made new friends and met side characters was done very nicely. It feels like his importance and relationships have been building in the world since episode 1. it was a nice way to conclude it with him getting his own domain and all the side characters coming to his land.

what i didn't like about it was the false accusations and situations Naofumi was put in. the show did it in way that made me hate all the other characters instead of feeling any sort of sympathy towards him. the other characters did the most stupid things and believed everything that Malty said, man i hate that "bitch" so much. i mean if you want viewers root and sympathies the MC then draw some inspiration from others shows like Evangelion please.

7.5/10 for me

also i feel like there's more to the whole thing about "racoon lolies" being treated like outcasts in that country and why the king hates them. novel readers if you would kindly spoil me on this please.
wakka9ca said:"The endless debate between fans and haters... is totaly pointless"

Jun 26, 2019 7:32 PM

Dec 2014
Decent finale I guess, I stalled the WN somewhere in the middle of this arc and the event that happen there were completely different (until what I read at least).

The fight was kinda underwhelming, the post wave stuff was much better than the actual wave fight sequences.

Raphtalia. <3
Loved it when they played the first ED.

Overall, I got so hooked onto Shield Hero after the first episode aired that I kinda instantly started reading the WN. The anime was quite faithful during the initial episodes but eventually it went on it's own route. Not that there were major plot changes but they toned down a lot of the characters and even scenes I guess, the heroes apart from Naofumi were made out to be weak as hell. Naofumi is made out to be more heroic and benevolent than he actually is, the queen was toned down a lot. The anime tries a lot to make Naofumi to be this tragic person with a heroic personality and having read the WN I guess that just felt very inconsistent to me. Nevertheless, the show wasn't bad, it was fun to watch and I suppose it's easier to think of this as it's own thing rather than trying to compare it to it's sources.

7/10, at least I got to see Raphtalia animated. <3
Jun 26, 2019 7:41 PM

Nov 2017
Rhapsody- said:
Starhammer said:
At least now I won't have to read the asinine comments,oh wait,Arifureta's coming up.Crap,another season of numb comments then :)

Yeah, how bad. Another season full of numbs fanboys overpraising the generic isekai #26468 claiming that it's different because "MC is OP and hE hAd SeEeEeEeX" and dismissing any criticism with ridiculous excuses like "if you hate it then stop watching" even when you actually have to watch it to be able to criticize it. Yeah, how bad :^)

As for the fanboys and normies, it's nice you have so much free time on your hands. Maybe use that time towards finding a show actually good, with a community not as dense as this one. You'll have some friends that way.
For most series it seems you only have to watch it once or twice to see if you hate it or not,you don't really need to watch the entire season to the point where you spend the entire season hating on it,and by the way,a community as dense as this one,which you seem to be part of,hmmm,double standards much?-I find that a lot of the posts on here(and by that I mean MAL,not just for Shield hero,are not written by "fanboys and normies",but by fairly intelligent people who seem to understand the logic behind watching a show if you like it,and not watching a show if you don't.
And as for friends,well,if they're anything like you,don't want them and certainly don't need them,and I can find decent shows myself,without self indulgent egotists telling me whether its crap or not.
StarhammerJun 26, 2019 7:44 PM
Jun 26, 2019 7:55 PM

Feb 2014
This show started on the hype and ended making the trend line. What a journey it was to see this get adapted. Even better with the soundtracks and BGM. A show worth the popularity. Hope there will be a Season 2 since there's a lot to be covered with a whole vast world to explore. Naofumi X Raphtalia still goes strong. I love how they covered the flag memory and the respect towards even the opponent from Naofumi. He really has come a long way to do that. No more hesitation, now to onwards.

Btw does anyone know the BGM played during the Glass vs Naofumi scene?
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Jun 26, 2019 8:02 PM
Dec 2017
It feels nice to finish a good anime. I do hope they make another season though.
Jun 26, 2019 8:02 PM
Jan 2016
Honestly i am pretty sad about it being the last episode, i will miss this show so much, after so much intense moments, so much hatred, so much suffering in the start, it trully was an awesome journey, and Damn, what a fantastic ending, i am 100% satifyied with this ending, i couldn't imagine a better way for this, honestly!

Specially after seeing a kiss scene WITHOUT INTERRUPTIONS between our awesome Naofumi and the Best Girl of the season, Raphtalia, i will miss her blushing faces and her cuteness!

Naofumi choosing as reward from Queen being the lord of Raphtalia's village, was so surprised for me as for Raphtalia, i just loved that, and i am happy he finally decided to stay!

And i loved to see every people moved from capital to help Naofumi!

I am glad L'Arc, Theresse and Glass didn't died, because i really like them, and hope, if we get a second season for Naofumi to help both worlds!

The thrash bow hero expeled that girl from her crew, and i so happy and satisfied to see her joining Naofumi's crew, i want to see his face after seeing her getting stronger with Naofumi!

Besides the three heroes being so useless, i am glad that sword hero is focused to getting strong, and Motoyasu for being open to visit Naofumi's new domain!

I truly hope for a season 2, and this show is, without a shadow of doubt, 10/10!
Jun 26, 2019 8:46 PM
Jun 2019
Nothing special but it was a good casual watch. Started off strong but didn't keep up unfortunately. Wouldn't mind a second season if it came though.
6/10
Jun 26, 2019 8:52 PM

Jul 2015
I dropped the LN at the Calmira arc long ago. The anime didn't improve my view on this work.

5/10

Jun 26, 2019 9:46 PM
Oct 2017
Realy very disappointed. I expected more.
I feel like I'm watching SAO all the time.
Jun 26, 2019 9:56 PM
Jun 2013
That was pretty decent overall. It's a shame they introduced the best character three episodes before the season ended.
Jun 26, 2019 10:22 PM

Oct 2012
Enjoyed the show but agree with some of the others that it got fairly underwhelming towards the end. I really enjoyed the first arc. I will say seeing the shield(s) used in the final battle was pretty cool and I'm curious to learn more about the Glass' world and other heroes (although I've read a fairly similar story, involving parallel worlds where only one could remain in Marvel comics a few years back).
Jun 26, 2019 10:30 PM

Feb 2018
People need to learn how to take criticism instead of the "Drop it if you don't like it" mentality , this is literally the reason we have Discussion forums , Either you agree or disagree with them , and explain why their criticisms are not valid , or you can just ignore them i guess .
Jun 26, 2019 10:45 PM

Nov 2014
And that's the end of it... as expected since they finally pulled back the only non-exhauted plot point and interesting characters in the 2nd last episode.

The last portion was a fairly nice way to wrap up Raphtalia as a character. And to the credit of Shield Hero, it had a main cast that wasn't absolutely dreadful or basically background characters that happen to be closer to the main character unlike many other isekai. Maybe Filo's character leaves a bit more to be desired, but she's still ok.

It's honestly nothing too special. The main cast I actually find likable, but the story and supporting cast are awful. We only ever got short moments of the interesting characters and plotlines, and I can only hope that'll be the main part of the next arc.

Oh right, I actually feel like it would be incredibly narratively appropriate if one of the other heroes actually died. As 3 separate characters, they functionally serve only 1 purpose. At least how the anime sets the 3 of them up.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Jun 26, 2019 10:58 PM

Feb 2013
This was so good!!! Loved it!!! I will definitely watch more! Please please please season 2!

8/10
Jun 26, 2019 11:28 PM

Apr 2016
An anime that had such a strong first few episodes and then slowly went downhill. Overall, hit or miss in terms of quality, writing, and characters.
Jun 26, 2019 11:44 PM

Aug 2008
could've handled the conclusion better...
the inclusion of Lecia into the party was very lackluster.

that last interaction between naofumi and raphtalia could've had more impact

as an aside, i like the little easter eggs they left at the end/mini epilogue
Jun 27, 2019 12:00 AM
Feb 2017
I really enjoyed this show.
Got kinda weak at the mid but the ending was solid

Glass was a great villain and I enjoyed the twist. I enjoyed more the fact that Naofumi found a cheat to match her (You know.... it's a game!!!!!! ) sao made fans forget how basic mechanics can be life saving in games (An unbeatable boss that multi charms -p3- is easy if you have options that remove charm)

Larc and his gf were really nice companions.
I hope this show comes back and we get a nice twist like the 4 heroes being actually the reason Glass' world suffers.

Also I liked how spear, the biggest tool, had the biggest heart and he is the first one to understand his mistakes.
I wish in s2 for the rest of the heroes to get stronger too (except ichuki... he is an idiot)
Ren looks dedicated and his mind is clear now.

Hope for s2
Jun 27, 2019 12:11 AM
Jan 2019
25 episodes and Raphtalia still did not confess here love for Naofumi.
Jun 27, 2019 12:30 AM

Oct 2011
As an anime in itself it was great. But knowing the source material I didn't like how they deviated from it a bunch of times even if the end results were the same

Jun 27, 2019 12:40 AM
Nov 2018
BlackLatias said:
FreezePeach said:

And these events would be completely out of place in the very end of S1. There are much more important events. Messing up the end of season to cram in pointless boring story about 3rd rate insignificant character is the best way to ensure there is no next season.

Would you have read correctly, I did say I didn't want them to include it, but rather leave it out, you should read better.
I only mentioned the LN because I prefered how they did it there.

Nope, "not including" was your second choice: "the anime just did it really bad, I'd rather not have her in his party now, since they changed so much", cramming this crap in - the first.

Note that you are complaining about changes "they changed so much" AND suggest to drop one of the character from the story (changing it much more) in the same exact sentence. It was unreasonable before, now it is just dumb.

Again, reading correctly would help out a lot, but luckily I also don't care about your opinion as well, have a nice day, lol.

Again, I read it correctly, it is your problem that you have no idea what you want, that's why it is difficult to care.
Jun 27, 2019 12:47 AM

Mar 2011
BourBon-7so said:
People need to learn how to take criticism instead of the "Drop it if you don't like it" mentality , this is literally the reason we have Discussion forums , Either you agree or disagree with them , and explain why their criticisms are not valid , or you can just ignore them i guess .

Most criticism is dumb nitpicking by the usual troll crowd of "muh problematic" shill losers. Or comes from the hate-isekai mob.

The only valid criticisms I've seen here are these:
- the political conspiracy crap which stopped the progression of the story and characters towards a more natural end
- becomes quite generic after the aforementioned conclusion of that arc

Most of everything else was invalid as far as criticism goes as they're shit opinions and tastes.
Jun 27, 2019 12:51 AM

May 2011
Rhapsody- said:
jrShark said:
This show feels really kinda mediocre overall. As much as I didn't really enjoyed this anime, I always don't understand why some people would hope to rather not have a second season though. I mean, we can always choose to just not watch it and let other fans enjoy them.

I enjoyed both the opening songs though.

It might be for some external reasons:

>Having to endure the overwhelming spam of these kind of highly popular series on some networks (not only anime-focused ones). This is pretty annoying even when the show is good

Hmm I've never really felt it being that annoying myself actually, so I couldn't really relate (and I think that's a good thing for me haha).

>They would prefer having the studio focused on better projects.

I've kinda thought of that before, and I think that's one of the more reasonable point for people to hope not for a second season. Though, I often feel that most people who hate it to have a second season of a series (that they dislike) doesn't usually have this intention in mind xD. Might just be me.

>Some people don't like to drop series and do watch every media the serie releases, so they would "feel the obligation" of keep watching new seasons

Yeah I think I heard that before. While I understand that feeling of "obligations", I think it's just wrong to be blaming it on the series though. It just sounds to me like someone who is suffering from a legit disorder (say OCD or something) are always blaming the surroundings for triggering his/her disorder, instead of recognizing that it's usually not the surrounding's fault, but the condition itself that is at fault.

I probably should clarify that I don't blame people with disorder getting triggered. As long as they are aware that it's their condition that's the problem, not the surrounding. In this analogy, it's the "feeling of obligations" that's to be blame, not the series. Typing this out made me feel that this is a bad analogy but I hope people get what I mean. No offense to anyone though.
Jun 27, 2019 1:07 AM

May 2018
StanR said:
25 episodes and Raphtalia still did not confess here love for Naofumi.

The manga is still ongoing and at the end there was hints already

"Don't give up after failing just twice.
We'll be able to do it next time.
Failure is the stepping stone to success."

Jun 27, 2019 1:08 AM

May 2018
Kxrumi said:
Realy very disappointed. I expected more.
I feel like I'm watching SAO all the time.

YET it wasnt really SAO. SAO, Kirito is already badass compared to Shield Hero having to start from bottom and work his way up to the top

Jun 27, 2019 1:09 AM

May 2018
Blow said:
Final score, 7/10, the manga is better.

That can also be said for the majority of anime series.

Jun 27, 2019 1:28 AM

May 2016
What I'm feeling right now is utmost satisfaction been such a long time since
I have seen a finale handled so well, with that ost and flashbacks just couldn't help
not to tear up a bit.

and seems that it was an open ending who knows if we ever get a second season, but after all I'm pretty satisfied with this, if not for those midway weak parts this could have been another big show like DitF.

after this I will definitely gonna pick up the manga to get into the core of it. 7/10 could have been a 9/10 .... '-'
Jun 27, 2019 1:36 AM

Nov 2017
- Good end
- to bad that L'arc only had little screen time
-
Hope this manga got adaptation or novel?
bondtuxJun 27, 2019 1:46 AM
Now Loading.....
Jun 27, 2019 1:48 AM

Jan 2015
Feel like this show was written by a child for children.
Jun 27, 2019 2:06 AM

Apr 2016
Beautiful Ending and i am ready for season 2 , please announce it as soon as you can
BRAWLERS
Jun 27, 2019 2:10 AM

Mar 2014
I can't believe 6 months have passed so fast... Thnak you Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari, for a really enjoyable series(:
9/10
Jun 27, 2019 2:13 AM

Nov 2016
"Story of shield hero just beginning" hope they put this sentence as hint for planning another season :)
Jun 27, 2019 3:08 AM

Jun 2017
It's easy to see the flaws of this show just by nitpicking, and then shitting on it 24/7, I never understand people who rate it as low as 2/10 but then continued watching it till the end. Anyway, the show is good, it has a good premise, Naofumi is a good character with tact and personality, not soulless.

Anyway, it was a good show. 8/10
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 27, 2019 3:17 AM

Feb 2016
tl;dr

First 22 episode; 12-episode anime plus 10-episode filler drama.
At episode 23, Lelouch enters the anime and saves it.
Now, I am more interested the story of Glass's team.
If I was Naofumi, I would join Glass and went her world to save it.
Jun 27, 2019 3:38 AM
Jul 2017
That 3 heroes are like trash
.. they do nothing

It was a nice first season.. i liked this anime and i expect for shure a second season

7.5/10
Jun 27, 2019 3:50 AM
May 2019
In the end i expecter something more like a mix of WN and LN or at least something that could go along with the Manga.... but unfortunately this wasn't the case... the MC got too watered and like him the show...
The end got too rushed it was like watching the end of a Disney film or a fairy tail...."they lived happily even after"....while Grimms' stories were way darker...

I cannot hide my bitterness left by the show, just enjoyable for people whom get near to the TnY story for the first time...sorry but being a reader of the WN so it is, indeed "the Manga is better" as some people back in the days usually said about comments of Animes.

PS: Naofumi WN: Lucoil fruit juice
Naofumi LN/Manga: Luicoil fruit
juice a bit watered
Naofumi Anime: Nonalcoholic Beer
MarkLion29Jun 29, 2021 4:44 AM
Jun 27, 2019 3:51 AM

Jan 2015
Aaaand finally this anime comes to an end. Good finale.

4/10
Jun 27, 2019 4:14 AM
Nov 2017
Can't wait to see the fight against Glass and others again! So even she has a weakness...
Jun 27, 2019 4:36 AM

May 2018
Saiche said:
Feel like this show was written by a child for children.

Yet its not because its been well executed and SAO is more of the lines for children. The story is good

Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2019

242 by SanessyAdversary »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 24, 2019

271 by Der_Body »»
Yesterday, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2019

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2019

195 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:56 AM

Poll: » Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 29, 2019

428 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 1:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.