Forum Settings
Forums
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 3, 2019 3:32 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Aww~ that was really heartwarming for a chapter! Man, I feel like Yotsuba fans sure picked an absolute adorable girl in her.

I wonder what made Yotsuba change because she seemed like the smartest and well ahead of her sisters growing up. Maybe it was the death of Rena that changed her.

Middle school story starts next?

Lovely colour page btw!
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 3, 2019 8:20 AM
Oct 2015
At this point i don't really care who's the bride, i just want Yotsuba to be happy.
Jun 3, 2019 9:15 AM
Apr 2019
Man, being Yotsuba is really suffering. After Yotsuba saw how Ichika 'stole' Fuutarou. She started to differentiate herself from the other quints and tried to show it to Mom yet Itsuki is the one being hug.

This pretty much Confirm Fuutarou only had interactions with Yotsuba and Ichika childhood-wise. All the promises, photos, and playtimes were with Yotsuba, Ichika only played cards with him, while Nino only saw Fuutarou from afar. Itsuki and Miku pretty much have 0 connections to young Fuutarou.
Jun 3, 2019 10:25 AM

Sep 2015
Why does Ichika have to be such a bad person. Main antagonist of this series.
Jun 3, 2019 2:31 PM
Jul 2018
Yikes, look like the quints didn't have the easiest time in middle school.

Yotsuba or Nino better win or I am going to end it all.
Jun 3, 2019 6:43 PM
Apr 2014
I wonder if her sisters ever realized that it's Yotsuba who suffered the most.
Jun 4, 2019 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
Viz said:
I wonder if her sisters ever realized that it's Yotsuba who suffered the most.

She didn't suffer the most before she cut her hair. She believed she's better than her sisters and something must have happened that made her pay for her arrogant attitude, that why she's now how she is.
Jun 4, 2019 3:01 AM
Jun 2019
ya_hallo said:
If we look back to a previous chapter when ichika and yotsuba where speaking. Yotsuba tells ichika that she stole a friend from her. Ichika is confused so i don't think she stole futaro on purpose he just got her confused and she went along with it
Jun 4, 2019 7:23 AM
Mar 2015
ya_hallo said:

Well, I think it's understandable for her to look for her own benefit when it comes to Fuutarou, and we saw that she actually cares for her sisters and even kind of helped Miku in chapter 85. I dislike her personality the most, but I don't think that she can be considered an antagonist.
Jun 4, 2019 9:02 AM

Jan 2018
Surprised that yotsuba was a kuudere before @.@ and also, so that's where "fuu-kun" comes from
rikunandakedoJun 4, 2019 9:05 AM
Jun 4, 2019 9:14 AM

Apr 2018
What the shit Ichika? Why does she have to ruin things
I felt bad for Yotsuba now. She's the one hurting the most yet she supports her sisters. I'm starting to like her more now. Looks like she was a kuudere in the past as well. That's surprising
shimraiJun 4, 2019 9:28 AM
Jun 4, 2019 9:37 AM

Jan 2018
So, yeah it's also confirmed that Nino also met Shoutarou even if indirectly also Fuu-kun so we can say that the first person who ever called Fuutarou by that nickname isn't Miku.

Also, we get to see what changed Fuu too they are so cute together tbh.

Also, I wonder what Yotsuba meant by we can't be together anymore?

So can we say that maybe Yotsuba flunked her own test before H/S so that she can be separated from the other four or that's what I think the last panel suggests?
CongintiveJun 4, 2019 9:45 AM
Jun 4, 2019 10:06 AM

Sep 2018
So we got Yotsuba origin,Itsuki origin and Fuu-kun nickname origin.....

This arc looks like its gonna be very emotional...
well that's just my opinion.....
Jun 4, 2019 10:35 AM

Sep 2013
That's actually a rather interesting way to have Yotsuba stand out this late into the series. Have her be the first to incite change, but she has those efforts stolen by the others.
Jun 4, 2019 11:15 AM
Sep 2018
I might actually switch to Yotsuba Team just by this single chapter depend on how the next chapter is going to be. I feel bad for her right now, everyone stole what she wants and yet, she's still supporting them

Btw, come to think of it. This whole arc might be the first time that the title only focusing on one girl.
Chapter 87 titled "My sisters and I" and chapter 88 titled "A certain boy and I". It feels like this whole arc probably just for Yotsuba only.
Jun 4, 2019 11:22 AM
Mar 2015
The story of 6 years ago was fascinating Too bad Yotsuba was not able to take care of their mom. Glad their dad stepped in to keep them together. It changed their lives
Jun 4, 2019 12:20 PM
May 2017
Miku resembles their mom the most
Jun 4, 2019 12:48 PM

Feb 2018
Ah man that was sad i couldn't bear to look at them crying

Yotsuba started wearing ribbon because of ichika damn why does she need to suffer pls make Yotsuba happy
Jun 4, 2019 12:52 PM
Nov 2015
Such a good chapter! This Yotsuba arc looks very promising.
Jun 4, 2019 1:41 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That was a sad read. Who knew that the Yotsuba arc would be so serious?
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jun 4, 2019 1:49 PM

Jun 2015
Yotsuba is becoming more and more interesting.
:)
Jun 4, 2019 4:06 PM

Nov 2007
KazumaKoy said:
I might actually switch to Yotsuba Team just by this single chapter depend on how the next chapter is going to be. I feel bad for her right now, everyone stole what she wants and yet, she's still supporting them

Btw, come to think of it. This whole arc might be the first time that the title only focusing on one girl.
Chapter 87 titled "My sisters and I" and chapter 88 titled "A certain boy and I". It feels like this whole arc probably just for Yotsuba only.

Notice the (1) after the titles. We are entering Kaguya-sama territory here... probably.

landofthekwt said:
The story of 6 years ago was fascinating Too bad Yotsuba was not able to take care of their mom. Glad their dad stepped in to keep them together. It changed their lives

Suddenly we see a Papa Nakano so much more admirable, no? This revelation was fantastic.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 4, 2019 4:38 PM

Nov 2018
Why did ichika have to do Yotsuba like that that i mean she did the same with miku it kinds gets frustrating at a point tbh

Jun 4, 2019 4:50 PM

Dec 2018
Dessssy said:
Yotsuba is becoming more and more interesting.

For sure is more interesting, but I think this is just a ploy from the author to keep high the focus on her, cause in the last 20-30 ch. she had been set aside. I think that Miku and Nino are still the most quoted to be the bride
Jun 4, 2019 7:47 PM
Apr 2019
Rytakahashi09 said:
Miku resembles their mom the most

I completely agree
Jun 4, 2019 7:53 PM
Apr 2019
So Yotsuba used to be smart when she was young. She tried so hard to stand out from her sisters. But she was already thinking of it even before meeting Fuutarou.
Jun 4, 2019 8:58 PM

May 2016
I'm sure none of the girls had it easy(especially Itsuki), but man, Yotsuba's story hits hard. "If I weren't around, my mom's life would be easier" is heavy stuff, especially for an elementary school kid.

Not sure why their mom was hellbent on keeping them all "together". She basically shot Yotsuba down, and frankly, it kinda pisses me off. Of course, today's Yotsuba would most likely be different without those words.

Yotsuba, the one who sent Fuu on his path, the first to change, best girl.

I know Doc did them a favor by giving them a place to live, but it strikes me as seriously creepy, as he barely knew them. I wonder what his real skin in this game is?

The color pages are great; shame they didn't have Ichika in her proper sleeping attire... :' )

Finally, congratulations to Negi for the birth of his daughter!
tywhoppityJun 5, 2019 3:02 AM
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 4, 2019 9:08 PM

Mar 2015
thus the drama started.

also congratulation author for his first kids.

go to tsustui sensei lvl negi, have 2 daughters, make wholesome comment in toc that everyone jealous for. 10/10
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jun 4, 2019 9:12 PM

Oct 2015
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you goddamn secondaries
dont fcking jump on the yotsuba ship now
we dont fcking welcome you

here i was on her ship from day 1 and all you peeps could do was act indifferent and laugh at me
wel fcku all
suffer knowing yall pick the wrong girl to like
Hottest Take Ever, fite me: Fairy Tail is better than Seiya, Bungou Stray and Hitman Reborn
Jun 4, 2019 10:20 PM
Apr 2019
Congintive said:
So, yeah it's also confirmed that Nino also met Shoutarou even if indirectly also Fuu-kun so we can say that the first person who ever called Fuutarou by that nickname isn't Miku.

So can we say that maybe Yotsuba flunked her own test before H/S so that she can be separated from the other four or that's what I think the last panel suggests?

I think it is possible that she flunked her test to separate herself from her sisters but felt guilty afterwards.

She was no.1 when she was young so she could be faking it or maybe it's because of all her activities which held back her potential.
Jun 4, 2019 11:29 PM

Sep 2014
A sentimental backstory in this one. Good to see how Yotsuba, Nino & Itsuki came to

I'll be expecting more drama in the upcoming chapters ~
Jun 5, 2019 12:50 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Congratulations Negi-sama on your Daughter, first and foremost!
I was startled when I saw this in the credits but I’m very glad to see it nonetheless!

Another Great Chapter by the way!
Yotsuba is definitely the most complex of the five and we got a good taste of it this Chapter! She’s been trying to the ‘best’ out of the five and seeing Ichika steal her place with Fuutarou there totally ticked her off. Damn, the mother’s (sort of) rejection though, yikes. Itsuki stepping up to play the mother role shortly after her death was really saddening to see too and Papa Nakano makes a rare positive hit. I’m guessing the final panel suggested that Yotsuba did indeed fail for purpose as comments above have highlighted and and I’m assuming the sisters’ following her must’ve led to the current Yotsuba.

Needless to mention, but I’m totally looking forward to the next episode! Things’ll probably get more emotional from here on but I’m sure I’ll still love Yotsuba by the end of it all!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 5, 2019 1:54 AM
Jul 2017
Dani_boss said:
ya_hallo said:
If we look back to a previous chapter when ichika and yotsuba where speaking. Yotsuba tells ichika that she stole a friend from her. Ichika is confused so i don't think she stole futaro on purpose he just got her confused and she went along with it

I see so it connects to Fuutarou doesn't it. Brilliant work by Negi. Also it shows how much Fuutarou meant to Yotsuba if she remembers that part so well.
Yotsuba's past really interests me now. Maybe she liked Fuutarou a lot but she decided that she loved her sisters more.
Most likely they will convince her it's okay for her to be selfish for once and one more competitor arises.
But I feel like its gonna end up like Kaoru Hitachiin from OHSHC.
Haha it's getting spicy.

PS: Extreme 'feels bad for Yotsuba' arises.
I hope she ends up happy. Also what on Earth happened?
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jun 5, 2019 1:57 AM
Jul 2017
Congintive said:

I think it means that maybe Yotsuba outperformed her sisters but remembering her mother's words, she decided to become dumb instead so that they could be together to become the Yotsuba she is today.
Potential best girl ever. But I like Nino route better.
"You are the result of 4 billion years of evolution. Act like it."
"Why don't you eat make up? Then you can be beautiful on the inside too."
"'Sick'? Call me 'twisted'. 'Sick' makes it sound like there's a cure."
"What's messed up isn't my thinking, what's messed up is this god damn world."
"The world isn't perfect, but its out there doing the best it can for us. That's what makes it so damn beautiful."
Jun 5, 2019 5:31 AM

Jan 2011
I'm still happy this arc is happening.
Jun 5, 2019 5:54 AM
May 2019
Dani_boss said:
ya_hallo said:
which chapter my man?
Jun 5, 2019 7:09 AM
Sep 2008
Mei-o_Scarlett said:
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you goddamn secondaries
dont fcking jump on the yotsuba ship now
we dont fcking welcome you

here i was on her ship from day 1 and all you peeps could do was act indifferent and laugh at me
wel fcku all
suffer knowing yall pick the wrong girl to like

Man, I soo fucking agree. Yotsuba team's ship does not welcome outsiders. Yotsuba best girl since the beggining. It's a shame that took people so long to realize. But now is too late do change ships, just die in the cold water of Fuu's rejection. #yotsubateamsinceever
Jun 5, 2019 7:12 AM
May 2019
_MushiRock11_ said:
Congratulations Negi-sama on your Daughter, first and foremost!
I was startled when I saw this in the credits but I’m very glad to see it nonetheless!

Another Great Chapter by the way!
Yotsuba is definitely the most complex of the five and we got a good taste of it this Chapter! She’s been trying to the ‘best’ out of the five and seeing Ichika steal her place with Fuutarou there totally ticked her off. Damn, the mother’s (sort of) rejection though, yikes. Itsuki stepping up to play the mother role shortly after her death was really saddening to see too and Papa Nakano makes a rare positive hit. I’m guessing the final panel suggested that Yotsuba did indeed fail for purpose as comments above have highlighted and and I’m assuming the sisters’ following her must’ve led to the current Yotsuba.

Needless to mention, but I’m totally looking forward to the next episode! Things’ll probably get more emotional from here on but I’m sure I’ll still love Yotsuba by the end of it all!
Yotsuba has always been best girl! I will only allow a Miku or Yotsuba win or harem end. Other than that NOOO
Jun 5, 2019 7:26 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Truffle_Butters said:
Yotsuba has always been best girl! I will only allow a Miku or Yotsuba win or harem end. Other than that NOOO

Well, she’s been my second favourite nearly throughout the series (with Ichika at 2nd for a while before dropping to 3rd because of the last arc) so I wouldn’t mind a Yotsuba end either. But I think Miku still deserves it, but hey we’re witnessing some of the hidden truth now so who knows maybe the impression of I along with many others could dwindle over time. Negi is a fine master at this, after all,
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jun 5, 2019 7:45 AM

Jan 2018
Truffle_Butters said:
Dani_boss said:
which chapter my man?

I think it's ch 66 ya know where Ichika started crying.
Jun 5, 2019 8:14 AM
Jan 2009
I've been writing for a long time, that yotsuba is the one who married fuutarou.
After what I saw, I can say that yotsuba is the best, because she always wanted happiness for her sisters and wanted to shine an example. Something has happened on the way and we are looking at a slightly changed face of yotsuba.
I think that yotsuba constantly suffocates these emotions from the past and soon we can see their outburst, of course we will probably see something more from their past, which will give us an answer
Jun 5, 2019 3:37 PM

Dec 2014
A reveal after a reveal... so glad they are showcasing the past like this
Jun 6, 2019 12:41 AM

Oct 2017
Damn a chapter full of emotions. Also Yotsuba is finally getting attention and i'm loving it .
Jun 7, 2019 12:05 AM

May 2016
I think Negi did Yotsuba a disservice on the Vol. 10 cover. Looks like the last she wants is to wear a wedding dress.
"Genki is Life, Genki is Love"
Jun 7, 2019 12:16 PM
Apr 2019
such a good chapter. it looks like this arc is very interesting
Jun 7, 2019 1:46 PM

Mar 2017
The reason why Fuutarou started working hard and the sisters started dressing up differently. Many questions are being answered.
I say Yotsuba has the chance of winning.

Negi-sensei had a daughter. Congratulations to him.
Jun 8, 2019 5:44 AM
Sep 2015
My takeaways in this Chapter.

1.) There is a very small note in the first page of the chapter implied Futarou already “discovered” that the young girl he met 5 years ago was Yotsuba which is odd as this was not yet established. Easter Egg? Translation Error? Team Yotsuba conspiracy??? lol

2.) Futarou only “met” with Yotsuba and Ichika 5 years ago and Yotsuba was the one who influenced Futarou to study hard.

3.) Yotsuba did not take it lightly when Ichika posed as her and met Futarou in the evening to a point she decided to become different from her sisters (to which others followed starting with Itsuki). I wonder if she still holds a grudge against Ichika that may come to play later?

4.) Futarou seems that he was not attracted Yotsuba then in a romantic kind of way. Previous chapters indicated Futarou was coming off a “heartbreak” because the girl he liked (Takebayashi) was paired to another boy. When he was talking to Yotsuba there is no blushing or awkwardness and they are visibly way too casual to one another.
Is it possible that Futarou felt attraction only later and not from Yotsuba but from Ichika which we have yet to see their interaction in detail?

5.) Yotsuba was actually a competent student and topped her sisters. I wonder what happened along the way why she became the worst among them academically speaking?

6.) Maruo Nakano was present in the trip 5 years ago. There is a possibility that Maruo knew of Futarou much much earlier and recognized his name as one of the top students in the current high school the quintuplets were transferring in.

Bottomline, childhood friends most of the time is a Friendzone Flag so it may not bode well to both Yotsuba and Ichika.

On the flipside, during the Campfire Arc when the moment the fireworks were lighted and each of the quintuplets held Futarou's finger. One of them held Futarou's ring finger which is where the wedding ring is worn. And that girl was Yotsuba.
Apr 18, 2020 5:53 AM

Feb 2018
Kid_Dynamo said:
My takeaways in this Chapter.

1.) There is a very small note in the first page of the chapter implied Futarou already “discovered” that the young girl he met 5 years ago was Yotsuba which is odd as this was not yet established. Easter Egg? Translation Error? Team Yotsuba conspiracy??? lol

2.) Futarou only “met” with Yotsuba and Ichika 5 years ago and Yotsuba was the one who influenced Futarou to study hard.

3.) Yotsuba did not take it lightly when Ichika posed as her and met Futarou in the evening to a point she decided to become different from her sisters (to which others followed starting with Itsuki). I wonder if she still holds a grudge against Ichika that may come to play later?

4.) Futarou seems that he was not attracted Yotsuba then in a romantic kind of way. Previous chapters indicated Futarou was coming off a “heartbreak” because the girl he liked (Takebayashi) was paired to another boy. When he was talking to Yotsuba there is no blushing or awkwardness and they are visibly way too casual to one another.
Is it possible that Futarou felt attraction only later and not from Yotsuba but from Ichika which we have yet to see their interaction in detail?

5.) Yotsuba was actually a competent student and topped her sisters. I wonder what happened along the way why she became the worst among them academically speaking?

6.) Maruo Nakano was present in the trip 5 years ago. There is a possibility that Maruo knew of Futarou much much earlier and recognized his name as one of the top students in the current high school the quintuplets were transferring in.

Bottomline, childhood friends most of the time is a Friendzone Flag so it may not bode well to both Yotsuba and Ichika.

On the flipside, during the Campfire Arc when the moment the fireworks were lighted and each of the quintuplets held Futarou's finger. One of them held Futarou's ring finger which is where the wedding ring is worn. And that girl was Yotsuba.
Thanks for this one...
Jun 5, 2020 10:06 AM
Apr 2016
wow they just adorable, and their mom is beautiful too(R.I.P)
Jan 16, 2023 7:04 AM

May 2020
Damn, the quintuplets father is look alike too Nakiri Erina father. Their looks almost same. Their before become rich also at middle state just like Fuutarou. Everything changes, time will tell.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 4 Discussion

ichii_1 - Oct 13, 2017

6 by Matheus050 »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:40 AM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 60 Discussion

Congintive - Oct 31, 2018

34 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 16, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 47 Discussion

ReaperCreeper - Oct 21, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Oct 1, 2023 7:00 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 44 Discussion

badbass55 - Dec 25, 2018

7 by MeCuMint »»
Sep 30, 2023 7:25 PM

Poll: » 5-toubun no Hanayome Chapter 122 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shanimebib - Feb 15, 2020

256 by ryzxgum »»
Sep 14, 2023 9:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.