Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Aug 1, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2017
someone who is a manga reader explain to me, if when you eat someone who has an Titan power and you inherite the memories from that person, then why do they need to get to the basement? Isn't Eren supposed to know already since he has his father's memories?

I read the manga but it's been too long so
I don't remember shit and im too lazy to do research, if anyone answer me this is much appreciated
Aug 1, 2019 7:05 PM
Jul 2018
you dont always remember
Aug 5, 2019 10:43 PM
May 2014
This episode was brilliant, even if we knew what was going to happen to Erwin, this difficult decision and the debate of freinds versus friends about who had to continue living, was an obscure point in the series.
The Hange Mikasa scene is so underrated, the dialoge, the understanding and the pain, they had to let Armin go. Everything was beautiful.
Aug 6, 2019 8:01 PM

Mar 2012
Maybe it's just me, but it was hard to feel for this episode considering the reactions of Mikasa and Eren are the same regardless of the situation that occurs. Everytime someone goes against Erin I expect Mikusa to go apeshit over it, just like I expect Erin to never be able to keep his emotions in check..so when a legit situation like this episode occurs, it doesn't feel right to me.

The ending with the captain was great though.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Aug 11, 2019 10:05 AM

Nov 2015
HunDavidoska said:
Erwin would have been a much better choice. Other, than a few "right choices and ideas" Armin came up with, he was a pretty useless member of the squad.

BuT aRmIn HaD dReAmS, hE wAnTeD tO sEe ThE sEa.

Yes and who the fuck cares, Erwin also had dreams, one in particular was pretty damn close, he just had to strech his arms...😞

Armin has come up with better ideas than Erwin though.
Aug 12, 2019 5:40 AM
Apr 2019
blue-nights said:
someone who is a manga reader explain to me, if when you eat someone who has an Titan power and you inherite the memories from that person, then why do they need to get to the basement? Isn't Eren supposed to know already since he has his father's memories?

I read the manga but it's been too long so
I don't remember shit and im too lazy to do research, if anyone answer me this is much appreciated
Well basically they inherit the power as well as the memories. But the thing is the memories aren’t quite strong,,or you can say the inheritor will suffer from some amnesia. But all we know that touching a royal blood people might give you access to the previous holder's memories.
Aug 12, 2019 5:41 AM
Apr 2019
Also noted that episode 5 was previously the best episode by ranking in MAL but Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19 has snatched it.
NakolHiraAug 12, 2019 10:21 AM
Aug 12, 2019 7:27 AM

Oct 2013
NakolHira said:
Also noted that this episode was previously the best episode by ranking in MAL but Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19 has snatched it.

Incorrect episode 5 has better votes 95% than this one. But we will see if kimetsu can maintain it.
Aug 12, 2019 10:20 AM
Apr 2019
keragamming said:
NakolHira said:
Also noted that this episode was previously the best episode by ranking in MAL but Kimetsu no Yaiba episode 19 has snatched it.

Incorrect episode 5 has better votes 95% than this one. But we will see if kimetsu can maintain it.
oh my mistake...I mistook it as "Hero".
Aug 13, 2019 1:21 AM
Jul 2014
Some absolute dummy thicc plot armour in this episode boy i tell you
Aug 13, 2019 5:19 AM
Jul 2018
Ciphra-XIII said:
Some absolute dummy thicc plot armour in this episode boy i tell you

for a guy who rate's shingeki no kyojin 6/10, that's a fairly passive statement.
Aug 13, 2019 1:26 PM

May 2014
This is the type of episode where not having caught up to the manga helps a lot... really wasn't 100% sure who would be picked even though I had my suspicions based on, ya know, this being a shonen.
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Aug 17, 2019 5:47 PM

Oct 2014
Well.. that's a mini-Erwin right there.. just get an undercut and there you have it...
haha...
ha...

Aug 25, 2019 4:55 AM

Mar 2017
I was also pretty miffed when Armin suddenly came back to life. I had him as dead for sure. It made for some good drama nontheless.

Zeke and Cart Titan are beginning to seriously piss me off. lol. Which should make their comeuppance super satisfying if it ever comes. (no spoilers please!)
Nov 15, 2019 4:43 PM

Oct 2019
What an episode....

And yes I'm crying right now 😭😭
Erwinnnn damn it!! He was my favorite in the series 😢😢
From when I started watching this second cour of the season I was like Erwin don't die, Erwin don't die, Erwin don't die!!!
Sad to see my bad feeling hit the mark...

All around an incredible and very emotional episode definately one of my favorites, showing how there was not a wrong and right choice in who to save...I was agreeing with both their arguments

In the end I'm not complaining though Levi made the right choice and I also didn't want armin to die

Other than that seriously how many times are they gonna escape!!!!
This is so annoying!!!
Thank god bertholdt at least died (and no I did not really feel sorry for him)
Nov 15, 2019 8:48 PM

Jul 2015
Great to revive the rage I felt when this happened in the manga.
Nov 16, 2019 3:07 AM

Oct 2019
Omg I just red part of the discussion thread...

The fact that a large portion of it is spend in whether armin falling and surviving is plausible or not instead of the actual episode just makes me sad 🙁

Are all attack on titan threads like that??
Nov 17, 2019 3:24 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I am speechless, it was just so beautiful.
Nov 17, 2019 4:51 PM

May 2010
Another brilliant episode!
Dec 8, 2019 5:55 PM

Apr 2012
I've always wondered... Why would you even need a key... You could just smash through the F***** door.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Dec 17, 2019 10:19 PM

Aug 2019
Antpan_124 said:
Omg I just red part of the discussion thread...

The fact that a large portion of it is spend in whether armin falling and surviving is plausible or not instead of the actual episode just makes me sad 🙁

Are all attack on titan threads like that??

Not really. To be fair, it was a bit of an asspull, but the amount of attention that was devoted to it is actually a credit to the show, because it has very little of them throughout, so when one does crop up, it stands out.

People are just pissed that because Armin was thought dead, it spoiled the previous episode.

He was basically burnt to a crisp and fell at least 100 feet onto a concrete roof. Not that people haven't survived that type of fall in real-life before, it's just very unlikely, even more so in his condition.

The episode itself is still a solid 9.5 out of 10 for me and one of the best in the series.
Jan 4, 2020 2:11 PM

Nov 2015
Thanks for everything Erwin, you'll be missed. One of my favourite anime characters ever for sure.
Jan 5, 2020 7:38 AM
Aug 2011
I love Armin from day one. It is such a rare thing to for someone to have the high intellect that he has combined with a pleasant personality. Usually characters that are cute, lovely, optimistic etc. are also naive and lack judgement. Characters with high intellectual niveau on the other had are a weird, quirky or just bitter and hardened. Not Armin, he is the one smart cookie who despite all horrors manages to stay likable and not become cynical towards the world. Maybe with age that will change, but something tells me that he is someone who will keep his integrity no matter what. Yes, he has done some horrible things, but that just makes me respect him even more, he does what needs to be done, without enjoyment and feels guilty after, but only after...when the situation calls for it he is the hero.
Erwin dying was bad, but Armin dying felt just wrong. I was relieved when he got back. I cried for both of them, it was beautiful. Let Erwin R.I.P.
Jan 5, 2020 1:37 PM

Aug 2014
I am not entertained by this movie anymore, I am not sure why because the victor of the battle is changing nicely, but then again maybe too many times in so slow paced fight and that is pissing me that it actually makes no sense and I should just watch last episode, hopefully it is only few more left for me to storm today, but what I really want is some answers finally...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jan 8, 2020 8:45 AM

Aug 2016
Man, if this series wasn't so bingeable I'd never be able to finish it

I dont careeee why be scared of titans anymore if fucking everyone is a titan

why care about deaths when they come back to life or never die when theyre supposed to die because of convenient fantasy or plot armor bullshit that supports all this lazy writing.. memory altering powers.. really?! is this fairy tail?

why just why waste my time with drama just get back to some slaughter the only things this series pulls off are decent character backstories and occasionally the action is pretty good, I also like parts of the aesthetic but thats really it at this point even action became super cliché. I mean I even like Erwin he's probably in my Top 3 of this show but I just wanted it to be over with
ViltasJan 8, 2020 8:49 AM
Jan 11, 2020 6:09 AM

Aug 2018
Wtf Reiner is still alive cmon bruh all you need to do is kill him. Its fking Eren vs Armoured Titan again next season its getting repetitive bruh

I hate this ep for 2 reasons, for seeing Mikasa cry then Hanji and Jean for being dumb not killing Reiner immediately

From 10/10 imma give this 9/10 from this dumb decision
B O C C H I  S W E E P
Jan 11, 2020 9:29 PM

Sep 2019
SapphyeePH said:
Wtf Reiner is still alive cmon bruh all you need to do is kill him. Its fking Eren vs Armoured Titan again next season its getting repetitive bruh

I hate this ep for 2 reasons, for seeing Mikasa cry then Hanji and Jean for being dumb not killing Reiner immediately

From 10/10 imma give this 9/10 from this dumb decision
Lol, you are funny. Keep it up. I m reading all your comments 😂😉
"I think I wanted to attack something. Like betraying people or hurting people. And, well, it's not exactly nice, but hurting the readers too... In all honestly, I feel that's what I really wanted to do. For me, as a reader, when I think, "this manga will remain in my heart," it means, for example, it phenomenally hurt me: It's those kinds of experiences I'm after." - Pajime Hisayama (My favourite hurting author).
Jan 19, 2020 2:24 PM

Aug 2013
Have I just witnessed the most incompetent military operation ever since those two guys thought it was a good idea to invade Russia in winter?

Seriously, I don't understand the "let's just plunge headfirst into enemy territory and then see what we can do then" modus operandi of the survey corps. This whole season felt like one massive suicide mission from the start. It tries so hard to make the characters seem clever and the action dramatic but none of them seemed to have any idea of what to do and so the outcome felt deserved. A high body count is expected when absolutely zero planning goes into something like this.

This might be a nitpick because I never cared about the character, but...Arwin's sacrifice felt pretty anticlimactic once I realized he was just gonna be resurrected right after. When I heard so many people talking about this last year I didn't expect it to be the kind of Dragon Ball sacrifice.

I also still don't buy the "I'm sending my conscience to the rest of my body to survive my head being blown off!" thing. It sounds just like a convenient and nonsensical plot armour.
Jan 19, 2020 3:38 PM
Jan 2019
Viltas said:

why care about deaths when they come back to life or never die when theyre supposed to die because of convenient fantasy or plot armor bullshit that supports all this lazy writing.. memory altering powers.. really?! is this fairy tail?

why just why waste my time with drama just get back to some slaughter the only things this series pulls off are decent character backstories and occasionally the action is pretty good, I also like parts of the aesthetic but thats really it at this point even action became super cliché. I mean I even like Erwin he's probably in my Top 3 of this show but I just wanted it to be over with

There's only 9 titan shifters in existence.

Don't know how you can even begin to complain about plot armour with One Piece on your favs lol

Memory altering powers?!! There's literally only one instance in the history of the series where that's taken place, and that was years before the events of this series even took place.

This series has "Drama" just like the "Action" tag, that's like complaining about ecchi in an ecchi series.
Jan 19, 2020 4:01 PM

Aug 2016
Zeckrin said:
Viltas said:

Don't know how you can even begin to complain about plot armour with One Piece on your favs lol

Memory altering powers?!! There's literally only one instance in the history of the series where that's taken place, and that was years before the events of this series even took place.

This series has "Drama" just like the "Action" tag, that's like complaining about ecchi in an ecchi series.

One Piece has a fucking gummy bear main protagnoist and its a comedy battle shounen wtf are you comparing them for dont be salty
Jan 19, 2020 4:27 PM
Jan 2019
Viltas said:
Zeckrin said:

One Piece has a fucking gummy bear main protagnoist and its a comedy battle shounen wtf are you comparing them for dont be salty

They are both anime with stories that are taken seriously by the creators. There is no problem comparing them whatsoever.
Feb 13, 2020 1:06 AM
Jan 2020
Thought all this fighting at the end would make an opening for the titans steal that injection fuck that gave me bad anxiety
Feb 16, 2020 5:56 AM

May 2018
Easily one of the best episodes in the series. The lack of music and letting the voice actors shine was the best decision they could have made.
Still salty about the choice , but ah well.
Mar 27, 2020 10:57 PM

Mar 2019
This was a very sad episode! I'm actually glad Armin got chose.

RIP Erwin.
Apr 2, 2020 11:25 PM

Apr 2014
Heartwrenching, but it was not in complete vain.
Apr 3, 2020 12:53 AM

Jul 2019
Got here randomly, had to rewatch it immediately. Yeah, the emotional tone of this episode is peak AoT. Voice acting on its way to absolute perfection. Reminds me of the interviews the voice actors gave at the time. They are working at this series with their heart and soul and really put themselves into the position of the characters. It is not just one thing they are working for a good paycheck. Even those voicing side characters like Conny are totally absorbed by this project.
May 19, 2020 9:05 AM

Dec 2010
I'm just happy that this story didn't pull an Owari no Seraph
, that would have been dumb beyond belief.

Also, people seriously arguing against the feasibility of Armin's survival, if the author cared about this he could simply not burn Armin's body as much. It's done simply to add more impact to his fight with Berthold. Same with how conversation are free actions in anime.
(even then I find Reiner's plot armour funny though)

I personally put about equal value to both guys' lives. We can't deny that Erwin didn't have a strategy for how actually win the war - in this arc for example he led the complete number of Scouts into decimation for a next to a useless objective with next to no fallback plan. On the other hand, his natural talent for leadership is something that I can't see Armin gaining any time soon - and we are at a point where the Scouts have to be rebuilt from scratch, after just getting their new recruits at that. It's hard to see where the story will go now(which is actually a good thing).
Jun 10, 2020 9:24 AM

Oct 2019
So that's what it came to eventually as Armin is revived as hope to save humanity over Erwin..

The irritating part is how Reiner escapes every freaking time..I mean his Titan powers might be a hint to how strong his plot armor is..

Good riddance to Bert..loved to see him die..would have been better if it were more diabolical..but well at least he is dead..

Time to finally reveal what lies in that basement..cant wait..

"Not everyone who works hard is rewarded.
But, all those who succeed have worked hard"
Jun 11, 2020 12:06 PM

Jun 2019
Noooooooo!!!!!! Erwin.... T-T
Jul 8, 2020 6:43 AM
Jul 2020
I'm happy that levi took this situation and tried to come up with the most logical answer to it... It was kinda obvious from the beginning who he was gonna choose, but the way it is portrayed is amazing
Jul 19, 2020 5:13 PM

Jun 2019
This episode and the previous one were the best episodes of fiction I have ever seen.

One of the reasons, strangely enough, being that some of it relates to my life. Not necessarily with the story line itself, but how the conflict between the characters played out..
Jul 23, 2020 1:18 AM
Jul 2020
I hate when people overlook erwin's achievements. That all aside, notice how Levi states something along the lines of "all of you babbling and crying on like a bunch of babies" he is the most emotionally damaged person in the scouts, and nobody knows but him. He has lost Isabel, Farlan, his squad, his mother, kenny, was abandoned as a child, and now Eren and Mikasa are telling Levi to let one of the only people who understand him and has left to die in front of him. But we all know his character, and he makes a decision showcasing his strength. He lets Erwin die, because he wants to lay his friend to rest and let him escape from that hell. Hopefully in the future Mikasa and Eren can learn to stop acting on impulse and take into consideration other people's feelings and accomplishments. It annoys me very much how Mikasa acted in this scene, jumping on and threatening her exhausted Captain with a blade to his neck just because she couldn't control her emotions. Hopefully Mikasa can regain my respect in the future.
Jul 23, 2020 5:19 AM
Oct 2015
Sm1le11 said:
I hate when people overlook erwin's achievements. That all aside, notice how Levi states something along the lines of "all of you babbling and crying on like a bunch of babies" he is the most emotionally damaged person in the scouts, and nobody knows but him. He has lost Isabel, Farlan, his squad, his mother, kenny, was abandoned as a child, and now Eren and Mikasa are telling Levi to let one of the only people who understand him and has left to die in front of him. But we all know his character, and he makes a decision showcasing his strength. He lets Erwin die, because he wants to lay his friend to rest and let him escape from that hell. Hopefully in the future Mikasa and Eren can learn to stop acting on impulse and take into consideration other people's feelings and accomplishments. It annoys me very much how Mikasa acted in this scene, jumping on and threatening her exhausted Captain with a blade to his neck just because she couldn't control her emotions. Hopefully Mikasa can regain my respect in the future.

I think you need to remember one very important point, Mikasa is 15 years old, Levi is around 30, that is why Mikasa and Eren are acting like that, they are literal teenagers, we all were so I think you can understand why controlling your emotions at that unbalanced age of hormones is hard is almost impossible.
Jul 23, 2020 12:07 PM

Jul 2016
Mother fucker! This was a phenomenal episode and I'm pissed I did not watch this season sooner. The emotional tone of this episode rocked me and I actually had tears coming out of my eyes. RIP to the great Erwin.

I also was pleased with the death of Bertolt getting eaten alive and crying for his little pissy life.
mshea1213Jul 23, 2020 12:15 PM
Jul 24, 2020 12:58 AM
Aug 2016
MAQS said:
Sm1le11 said:

I think you need to remember one very important point, Mikasa is 15 years old, Levi is around 30, that is why Mikasa and Eren are acting like that, they are literal teenagers, we all were so I think you can understand why controlling your emotions at that unbalanced age of hormones is hard is almost impossible.

he watched too much anime so he could not distinguish between realistic and not.
Jul 26, 2020 9:54 AM
Jul 2020
MAQS said:
Sm1le11 said:

True, but I don't think "being a teenager" is an excuse for putting a litteral sword to your own captains neck just because you disagree with his decision. Surely they teach enough discipline in the survey corps? You can't go doing that shit to people of authority, especially in a crucial situation like that. And the fact that some people didn't even intervene is absurd.
Sm1le11Jul 26, 2020 9:59 AM
Aug 2, 2020 3:08 PM

Mar 2019
Damn, I'm almost crying and I want to do it. I don't knowwww. Which one I'd want to live. I mean yes, Armin was with us the whole time, but the relationship Levi had with Erwin and the fact that I LOVED ERWIN and the flashbacks Levi had were THE SADDEST. I'll miss Erwin with all I have and I feel like I'd miss Armin less but I don't know :(. Fuck Bertolt, just die.
AHHH THIS EPISODE HITS SO HARD. The OST is almost at-point. If the sad part had been for longer, my tears would have already been flowing down.
I WILL MISS YOU ERWIN!!

P.S: I cried after all, lmao. I had to put that scene on repeat. Had to do it for Erwin.
Alex_TheForestAug 2, 2020 3:32 PM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Aug 5, 2020 3:44 PM
Aug 2020
SethBigBoss said:
Great episode but the lack of music at first makes it a bit empty imo
you know there is a thing called "tension building"?
Aug 5, 2020 3:47 PM
Aug 2020
Togata- said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.
How is that funny? I don't understand your point.
Aug 12, 2020 7:44 PM
May 2020
Second time I've watched this episode. Second time I almost tear up.

From the tension to Eren and Mikasa sorrow and cry, it was all too fucking sad. But Levi losing another loved one and almost crying nearly broke me.
Pages (17) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.