Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jun 3, 2019 4:05 AM

Nov 2017
Another great episode! That was so intense in its own way.
Armin or Erwin.. Armin or Erwin...
I think Levi made the right choice in the end, and it also explained why really well.
Man RIP Berthold.. he was one of my favorite characters, and even though he is an antagonist, I felt for him when he went...
The lack of music and background soundtracks kinda made it to silent or awkward sometimes. I didn't really get emotional or get feels, whereas if there was music I know I'd tear up and get completely sucked in

plz @ me
Jun 3, 2019 4:08 AM
Jul 2018
Tsarko said:
This episode was so well executed that I, for a moment, forgot how much I disliked the serumbowl. I loved their choice of having no music for most of the episode plus that track in the end sounded beautiful. Voice actors did amazing job as well.

But I still can't forgive how contrived all this felt. Whole arc was riddled with Reiner asspulls and this was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me. First, Erwin surviving all this time on Floch's back while he was ascending and then descending the walls while having his organs demolished was already a big stretch.

Armin was far the worse one. There's just no chance surviving having your entire body essentially fried and falling 50 meters on the solid surface and being able to live for long enough for all that drama around you to play out, which was like 20 minutes. 15 at least.
As someone who never liked Armin, his death made me appreciate him so much more, it was heroic, epic, and sad. He had such a "beautiful" death, but his survival made me feel kinda cheated.

Unfortunately all these asspulls, plot armors and contrivances are not letting me like this arc as much as others. At least it's finally over and we can focus on the upcoming stuff that in my opinion makes already great Attack on Titan into a phenomenal story.

At least good to see there are some fans here who can still accept the flaws by staying on topic. That aside, quoting this because I forgot that point about Erwin, but good thing is that it's a bit less stupid and has more chances of being a "miracle/exception"(whatever words are for defending it) rather than the Armin one.
Jun 3, 2019 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
Episode 55 Endcard by Megumi Tomita

Jun 3, 2019 4:13 AM

Oct 2015
Great episode, I felt like it clarified Levi's reasoning a lot better than the manga. Erwin's vision only stretched as far as Eren's basement, and didn't know what to do after he has reached the goal. However, Armin looks further beyond, he wants to see the ocean and explore the world.

Logically Levi would've went for Erwin, but the arguments during the episode weakened his resolve and he started to let his emotions take over. He knew Erwin was done with life, Levi made him give up on everything to die. Even if Erwin was to be revived, I doubt he's be as an effective leader as he was before.

Do people really have to argue about plot armour and how Armin survived? Yes, there's plot armour and yes, how Armin survived long enough to receive the serum seemed unlikely. The laws of physics don't apply to action anime. The bodies of main characters are able to sustain absurd amounts of physical damage. They'll bleed out gallons of blood. They'll break lots of walls as they are punched into them, and yes, they'll somehow survive huge ass falls.

The "anyone can die" feeling only really applies to the 1st season and a bit of the second. It's much easier to kill off side characters who are only introduced for a few episodes than the central cast. Look at the number of soldiers who were sent on the expedition to retake Wall Maria? Who survived out of these soldiers? Basically the characters we've known since season 1 plus Floch. I don't see anyone mention plot armour here?
Jun 3, 2019 4:18 AM

Jun 2015
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it just did.
Now I know why I was so calm last week and didn't cry. I did it all toady.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Jun 3, 2019 4:25 AM
Apr 2016
thiago52192 said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
CHOOOOOOOTTO MATTE, did Erwin not lose his hand BEFORE they got... their hands on the injection? Isn't it Kenny's? Am I mistaking the chronology here, or did they make a shameful blunder?
He lost his right arm. He uses his left arm on that scene

So the other arm is just a shirt sleeve... I see, silly me.
Salute, Erwin. One of the most profound side characters ever.
Re:formed
Jun 3, 2019 4:29 AM
Apr 2019
Chickened said:
Picking one over the other felt a bit like politics to me while watching the episode.
Like the ideals of the left being progressive and the right being traditional.

In this case, I thought about it like Armin being the progressive choice and Erwin being the traditional choice.
Through Hange's perspective, she wanted Erwin to be revived rather than Armin because of how Erwin is already proven and more experienced than Armin; thus being more important for the present.
Eren's perspective is different in that he sees how Armin is a special leader comparable to Erwin and that his dreams of seeing the world are wonderful dreams for someone like Armin to have as a hero and a leader.

Having Armin revived is more like a progressive choice because of how Armin's role continues beyond knowing what's within Eren's basement and more about exploring the world. Armin has a will to continue progressing humanity more so than Erwin.
Erwin, on the other hand, doesn't have much willpower to keep on leading the scouts beyond knowing whatever information is provided within Eren's basement. He is the established leader of the Scouts who is tired of living in such a mysterious and unforgiving world. He has already accepted his fate to die and not learn any basement truth as well as hope for Armin to lead away as a potential commander of the Scouts.
That's why I feel like picking Erwin is the traditionalist choice. It would be like making someone who has recently quit their job get back into the tradition of doing their job again in the same style that they did in the past. Furthermore, Erwin's drive to continue progressing humanity seems much less desirable for him compared to Armin like I said before.

I thought about it like this through deciding to pause the episode before Erwin reacted to Levi himself. I thought there would be a chance that Levi may actually choose Armin even though he is more personally connected to Erwin than to Armin. There's also Levi's philosophy about how choices are not as black and white as they seem that came to my mind too while watching the episode. Even with all things considered, I still believed Levi would pick Erwin up into Erwin motioned himself and said what he said. At that point, it seemed obvious to me that Levi wouldn't inject Erwin.

In my opinion, though, I think Armin shouldn't have been given a second chance. It's not only because it seems really unrealistic for Armin to still be alive for such a long time (being blown away from such a far height while being absolutely torched for so long. Not to mention how Armin isn't really the fittest Scout there is.), but I just don't really find his character to be interesting even though he has heavy ties to the other main characters. I am more interested in Jean as a character, but I still respect how important Armin's role is being built-up and developed in this story.

I haven't read the Manga so this is what I think about this episode's conflict.
nice saying bro.talking about the burnt body issue I think his gear's cable and might be Eren himself helped him to replace him over the building.Still,don't know.
Jun 3, 2019 4:31 AM
a car

Jun 2017
Man, this thread was exhausting to read through! For some reason, it was more draining than Goblin Slayer episode 1's discussion. I'm personally not someone who gets turned off by plot armor. It's... whatever. I guess Pell and Sabo from One Piece stretched my suspension of disbelief to infinity.

But hey, the team at WIT really knew how to handle this scene well. Good on them! Next episode... It's gonna be great.
Jun 3, 2019 4:37 AM
Apr 2019
In My country, Recently A girl was burnt alive.Except The girl's face,her whole body got burnt.Her internal organs like lungs were damaged.There was no chance fir her to survive,but she survived for more than 4 days.I just want to say Armin's body were bedazzled,he came in touch with heat explosion not like this poor girl. So it's not unnatural to have him alive for that while.
While about his falling his gear's cable was not spared off it might get help him to reduce his falling damage. Another thing is that Eren might himself helped him to make a safe landing. Still that’s a theory.
Jun 3, 2019 4:37 AM

Jan 2013
So this really is the arc everyone is crazy about. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near the 'masterpiece' level people make it out to be.
Jun 3, 2019 4:43 AM
May 2019
Klad said:
So this really is the arc everyone is crazy about. It's not bad, but it's nowhere near the 'masterpiece' level people make it out to be.

Im just waiting for basement reveal reactions here, if its already this bad over Armin, oh man..Next weeks thread will be more toxic
Jun 3, 2019 4:45 AM

Nov 2013
slightly unfortunate that i got spoiled of this last week, but this episode was still pretty nice regardeless, welcome back Armin =D

anyway i agree with people who say, there's no sense in armin surviving that, and i would probably think the story would be better if Erwin was the one surviving, but ya, i'm happy with this too lol

Levi taking into account the "going to the sea dream" talk in his decision was kinda forced too, but i guess he wanted to let Erwin rest after all the shit he was through
maybe he also took into account that all Armin's friends (some of the last fighters they have) were there wishing for it to the point that they even tried to take down Levi for it

let's see how Armin goes from now, if he will be a good leader in the future just like Erwin
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jun 3, 2019 4:46 AM

Jan 2013
Weebover9000 said:
Klad said:

Im just waiting for basement reveal reactions here, if its already this bad over Armin, oh man..Next weeks thread will be more toxic
Whatever, this season proved Shingeki no Kyojin will always be an overrated series. This season has been underwhelming as hell so far.
Jun 3, 2019 4:47 AM
May 2019
Klad said:
Weebover9000 said:

Whatever, this season proved Shingeki no Kyojin will always be an overrated series. This season has been underwhelming as hell so far.

Over-rated doesnt always make a series bad, im a big fan myself and I will even admit it took me a while to get into it due to friends in real life in the past hyping up the first season so much
Jun 3, 2019 4:50 AM

Feb 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Well that was a bit bland compared to the last couple eps. In any case I was getting pretty annoyed with both Eren and Mikasa for seriously trying to argue that Armin is more important than Erwin, and then Levi actually listens to them in the end. I don't know if I'd call it plot armor or just sheer stupidity but this is another clear case of people just letting their emotions get the best of them instead of doing the obvious logical choice

In the first place there's no fucking way Armin was alive up until that moment anyway. He should have been 100% dead in the last episode already. You can't survive something like that. There's just no way

pobeB said:

You mean a fall on a 20+ meters roof from 55meters with at least 40 meters of cables slowing you down?
Assuming he fall directly on the roof, and he has not been taken by eren after hanging a minute or so.
I guess you missed the part of him literally being burned alive? He'd be dead already without falling anywhere

Surviving the fall is a bit outstretch, but it takes a while for the brain and heart to stop even after being burned. He didn't inhale when he was getting burned, so the damage was mostly on the outside.

Eren and Mikasa are like 16. Imagine losing your loved ones. That's what happened to them.
Jun 3, 2019 4:56 AM

May 2017
The way they adapted these last 2 episodes was done perfectly.

Close to no background music at all during this episode, interesting choice that in my opinion worked out well. Though I must say that I had kinda hoped for a new original OST like "Call of Silence". But yea, it feels like Hiroyuki Sawano has been overworked. The OST's unfortunately have been a little bit lackluster.

Like other people already mentioned in this discussion, the voice acting was absolutely phenomenal. Huge respect.

So out of 6 Episodes so far we had 3 masterfully crafted ones. The first one and these last two. Those in between episodes were decent to good as well, but I definitely had some issues with them. Some of the Eren vs Reiner sequences felt very lackluster due to mediocre directing and animation. Also can't forget about the CGI Colossal which even though is not looking too bad, it still lowered my enjoyment and immersion.
Jun 3, 2019 4:57 AM

Jan 2013
Weebover9000 said:
Klad said:

Over-rated doesnt always make a series bad, im a big fan myself and I will even admit it took me a while to get into it due to friends in real life in the past hyping up the first season so much
While you certainly can't call SnK a bad series, it's still nowhere as good as people make it out to be, neither it deserves the score it has right now, but I don't care much about the scores anyway. The only thing I liked from this season was Armin's death and even that got ruined.
Jun 3, 2019 4:57 AM

Oct 2013
Klad said:

Season 4 is what I am going crazy about, the snk manga fanbase is split into two in terms of which arc is the best, some says this arc while the other half says the next arc which will be season 4.

So don't lump all manga readers as having the same opinion, you just simple heard that from other group of manga readers.

Surprisingly though it had exceeded my expectation interns of how highly its rated and the overall praise.

But hey, you can't please everyone, unfortunately for you, you are part of the minority.
Jun 3, 2019 4:58 AM

Jul 2017
Wow... that was a really tough choice to be made by Levi, but in my opinion, i think his reasoning was really good and also well thought of, by analyzing Erwin's words before the Beast Titan battle... he managed to reach that heartbreaking conclusion.. RIP Erwin, you will be missed. Really tense episode indeed, i got goosebumps all the time. What the Beast Titan said to Eren kept me hella intrigued too.. it seems his father is a huge son of a bitch. So, now Armin is a titan, and i believe that things will get even more wild from here on because next episode, basement finally, some revelations are gonna be made, and i believe those revelations are gonna give one major twist to the story. I just can't wait for next week!
Jun 3, 2019 5:00 AM

Feb 2018
>90% is still 5/5
So basically the ones who are complaining are vocal minorities.
Jun 3, 2019 5:01 AM

Jan 2013
Danpmss said:
CondemneDio said:

I think the first season made it pretty clear that pretty much anyone could die, except Eren.

Not really, Armin should be the one guaranteed to survive until the end, since he is the narrator from the very start...

So yeah, considering that, I would reconsider the argument itself.

That's a pretty weak argument. Narrators have no bearing in the lore of the series itself.
Jun 3, 2019 5:09 AM

Jan 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Klad said:

It's literally one manga reader arguing with another manga reader...stop overreacting
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 3, 2019 5:10 AM
Jun 2015
Frostbytes said:
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.
yeah but at the end of the day ITS A Anime that's not tackling the genre of realism or fucking slice of life. This is a Drama/Action/supernatural show set in a dystopian world,if you're looking for a REALISTIC show go watch something else cause this Clearly isn't for you
Jun 3, 2019 5:10 AM
May 2019
SethBigBoss said:
Weebover9000 said:

It's literally one manga reader arguing with another manga reader...stop overreacting

Im actually not, two pages of bickering, almost 3, on an episode forum thread is pretty damn toxic
Jun 3, 2019 5:12 AM

Jul 2014
Another fantastic episode. The conflict over who to revive was done so well, with the views to revive either Erwin or Armin both equally valid. Ultimately though, the final choice seemed right as Erwin had accepted his fate before the final suicidal charge.

It'll be interesting to see how Armin reacts to learning that he now has the Colossal Titan's power, though.
Jun 3, 2019 5:14 AM
Jun 2015
Weebover9000 said:
Frostbytes said:

Comedy because of its absolutely supid logic of Armin breathing in that fatal position, as I pointed out. Just can't take the series seriously with moments like this.

I mean, I think Eren being eaten by a titan in season one with a couple limbs gone and suddenly being a titan shifter would be considered a bit worse plot armor than this, but whatevs.
well, Eren doesn't really have plot armour cause his dad injected him with the serum when he was a child and eren ate his dad giving him the attack titan and the founding titans powers both of which have insane healing factors so him surviving is justified
Jun 3, 2019 5:15 AM
May 2019
Archer123 said:
Weebover9000 said:

I mean, I think Eren being eaten by a titan in season one with a couple limbs gone and suddenly being a titan shifter would be considered a bit worse plot armor than this, but whatevs.
well, Eren doesn't really have plot armour cause his dad injected him with the serum when he was a child and eren ate his dad giving him the attack titan and the founding titans powers both of which have insane healing factors so him surviving is justified

Yeah, im just trying to point out the fact that this anime has always had plot armorish moments ever season 1, probably a bad example but yeah, its n ot some sudden new thing with AOT
Jun 3, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2014
I feel emotionally drained now. Thankfully, it wasn't by some of the shitposting very early on in this thread, but it was all thanks to this very powerful episode.

I was convinced that Armin was dead, but he was just barely alive, although I would think his organs would be pretty cooked after getting himself exposed to the Colossal Titan's heat wave for so long.

But the drama and angst was only getting started. Erwin was rescued by the other survivor of the suicidal cavalry charge against the Beast Titan and it left Levi in such a difficult position. Does he use the serum on Armin or Erwin? It's a position that no one would ever want to see themselves him when it comes to choosing who they want to help survive and let the other person die.

Eren and Mikasa's reactions are totally relatable. I don't blame them for getting very upset and hysterical since they didn't want Armin to die, but Levi's choice was still going to be Erwin. His experience would be of greater use compared to Armin and after a long and emotionally drawn-out feud, Levi's choice would be final and the others begrudgingly accepted it, even by force in Eren's case.

However, I wasn't expecting Erwin's arm to spasm out and uttered words that must've caused Levi to change his mind. reflecting back on his talk with Erwin before the suicidal charge, Levi thought that using the serum on Erwin would be just bringing him back into the hell that he was in for so long. With that in mind, he uses the serum on Armin, who transforms into a titan and finally eats up Bertholt, finishing him off for good.

Until the last minute of the episode, no OST was played at all. As much as I love Hiroyuki Sawano's amazing songs, I think this was my right decision to not play any songs until Armin's revival. It captured the essence of a hollow victory, with emotions being spilt or boiling from everyone during the aftermath.

Anyway, next time, we'll FINALLY get to see what's in the basement at last.

Excellent episode and RIP Erwin. You will be missed greatly. ='(
Jun 3, 2019 5:21 AM

Jun 2017
Damn, Captain Levi had to make that hard choice. Kudos to him for being able to do that.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jun 3, 2019 5:27 AM

Jan 2018
Weebover9000 said:
SethBigBoss said:

Im actually not, two pages of bickering, almost 3, on an episode forum thread is pretty damn toxic

2 pages, almost 3 by mostly 2 guys who are not even anime onlies. You said you're waiting for the basement reactions which means you're waiting for the anime onlies reactions but their reactions over Armin aren't bad (at least nothing noticeable) so yeah you're overreacting.
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 3, 2019 5:30 AM
May 2019
SethBigBoss said:
Weebover9000 said:

2 pages, almost 3 by mostly 2 guys who are not even anime onlies. You said you're waiting for the basement reactions which means you're waiting for the anime onlies reactions but their reactions over Armin aren't bad (at least nothing noticeable) so yeah you're overreacting.

Whatever, fine, you're right
Jun 3, 2019 5:31 AM
Jun 2015
Blarey said:
Nim0174 said:

lmao
Anime:
4th Degree Burns and fall from 50 Metre
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

>reasonable criticism is made
>deny all negative criticism with irrational reasoning that fits your point of view

Typical low-iq SnK fan response
tbh the criticism wasn't reasonable at all it was just points that haven't been enforced and also a possible reason Armin could've survived the fall could've been because his anchor could've been still connected to bertholdt reducing the overall impact of the collision between Armin and the rooftiles
Jun 3, 2019 5:33 AM

May 2018
amazing. Every episode is beter than the previous. Very emocional
Jun 3, 2019 5:50 AM

Aug 2013
What an episode. Quite an emotional one. The best so far.

Jun 3, 2019 5:51 AM

Jun 2014
I'm a little disappointed that Armin survived. I like the character but that death was so well done, really made you feel just how helpless the situation is. I hope we don't have other death fakeouts, that's one of the things that ruined the final season of GoT.

Apart from that, the episode was terrific. The drama was great thanks to amazing work done by the VAs, especially Eren's who had his best performance ever. The OST used at the end was great as well.
Jun 3, 2019 5:59 AM

Mar 2016
I'm so excited for the next episode. After all this wait we will finally get to see the basement.
Jun 3, 2019 6:02 AM
Jul 2018
I'm anime-only and I loved this episode. I don't mind the illogical stuff since that's not what I watch AoT for. The show never embraced logic, let alone abandon it (what are the chances that ALL the titan shifters and Historia are in the same regiment?). If I were watching the show for sound logic, I'd have dropped it ages ago. I watch AoT for the emotions that the characters feel. How they respond to a situation is always the best part of every narrative, be it Jean and Armin's reactions to killing, Levi and Hange's willingness to torture others, Levi's dilemmas this season, Eren's reaction to the cave reveal, etc. I watch AoT for the themes. This episode featured a lot of dilemmas (Is Jean to blame for Reiner's survival? Was Erwin really a devil or a hero? Did Levi do the right thing when choosing Armin? What would Armin feel when he realizes he ate Bertholdt?). For me, it's all about the humanity instead of the science.
Jun 3, 2019 6:03 AM

Aug 2014
brooo wtf was that ost at the end?? heveanly

need it right now
Jun 3, 2019 6:15 AM

Mar 2008
I got very emotional at the end when they hold Armin, and more when the ending theme played T_T awesome episode as always.
Jun 3, 2019 6:22 AM
Jan 2013
Armin is brilliant despite being so much younger than Erwin and has no blood on his hands, I guess
It's supposed to be a tough choice, that's the idea
Very epic to see him be back to life, literal resurrection vibes going on
Too bad they couldn't devise a way to share that syringe, it was probably quite doable should they have known -- how to...
Jun 3, 2019 6:37 AM
Apr 2019
Frostbytes said:
Danpmss said:

What are you even talking about? Do you know what ad hominem even mean or you are just calling out fallacies to sound smart and ignore his valid point?

Thank you.

True, calling out fallacies in arguments in a discussion forum is trying to sound smart.

We already had a whole page discussion regarding this whole exception "valid" argument, so if anyone doesn't have anything to add as new points, please stop quoting me, thank you.

You think that people can't surivive for 3 minutes on the deathbed after falling from 40 meters? Well the answer is they can, allthough i'm very mad armin survived youre points are empty.
About plot armor- eren and armin are the only armored characters, and it's not because of the fans:
HalperinJun 3, 2019 7:06 AM
Jun 3, 2019 6:41 AM
Apr 2018
هجوم العمالقه سيكون انمي للتاريخ
Jun 3, 2019 6:45 AM

Oct 2013
Great episode as always. While months ago aid accidentally saw a spoiler about Armin on the verge of death becoming a titan, I didn't expect the whole scene related to it to be so complex. Eren and Mikasa's despair, Levi's hardest choice in life, Beast Titan revealing more questions about Eren's past and titans' true nature.

Levi was surely in trouble. While he is known from acting fast and precisely, he had doubts and problems to fully decide whether save Erwin or Armin after that guy dragged Erwin to Levi. He was rather assured about giving the serum to Erwin, but hesitated to act fast.
I wouldn't be surprised if he felt relieved in situation of both of them dying (let's not forget they were less alive than half-dead, if I may describe their state like this). There would be no need for a decision.

Mikasa annoyed me. She clearly wanted to start a mutiny. Eren who was closer to Armin opposed Levi but did it like a soldier, while Mikasa acted like a rebel. While many people seem to like Mikasa, I must say I'm not a fan of her, lol.

Bertholdt didn't die with dignity, though. If we assume he didn't want to trick the others, then we saw an overpowered warrior begging for help.

By the way, will Armin have some of Bertholdt's abilities after eating him? Like that fire hurricane? ;p

SethBigBoss said:
Great episode but the lack of music at first makes it a bit empty imo

I also felt this episode was a bit empty because of the lack of music, but I think the creators wanted it to look that way: to give the viewers' an opportunity to experience genuinely what characters present in first scenes actually felt. They were left with their thoughts and decisions, sometimes interrupted by others' words, but in general they what they heard was silence. They were in deserted town that was partially set on fire, with most of their comrades dead.

I feel that was the thing the creators had in mind because after Levi made his decision the musical aspect returned. so, it returned after this dramatic part of the episode (Levi's choice) was over, as if the tension went down a bit.

If that was how this scene had to look like for viewers, then the creators fully achieved an effect like this.
AdnashJun 3, 2019 6:49 AM
Jun 3, 2019 6:52 AM

Dec 2012
Shortest boy in the SCs and teased for looking like a girl is now a YOU SEE BIG ASS MAN COCONUT HAIR

Jun 3, 2019 6:59 AM

Oct 2013
Halperin said:
[...]
About plot armor- eren and armin are the only armored characters, and it's not because of the fans:
[...]

Bruh, you could've warned that the spoilers used in your post are THAT significant ones. :|
Jun 3, 2019 7:44 AM

Jan 2018
The toughest decision for Levi. if it was me I wouldn't know who to choose
Jun 3, 2019 7:44 AM

May 2015
The amount of stupidity in this thread is making me dizzy.

Jun 3, 2019 7:48 AM
Jul 2018
TsukuyomiREKT said:
The amount of stupidity in this thread is making me dizzy.
People apparently want to know how Armin survived the fall. Ill tell you how.

PLOT
Jun 3, 2019 7:48 AM

Sep 2017
last episode we got the action and this one for the drama, and everything executed perfectly. glad to see the studio and staffs did justice for this series. i love how they didnt use any music until the last scene, and omg can we praise all the VAs? they did their job in a perfect way. even i got too emotional and almost shed a tears lol. what an absolute masterpiece.

and yes about how armin survived, no comment. im not a watcher that put my logical and physical theories while watching anime, so im not bothered by some asspulls or plot-armored characters
zalapenoJun 3, 2019 8:55 AM
Jun 3, 2019 7:57 AM
Mar 2017
Why does everyone here complaining about armin survived even though it didnt make any sense,if you guys arguing over something like this that means you guys are nothing but an idiots who tries to think logically so people will either praise your logical explanation or denied them.Like come on guys this is just a story that wasnt based on real life or any logical explanation its just an anime that purposedly to entertain us not to debating how their plot story goes on.Final words from me for those who complaining a lot about how does this story goes just ignored them they are nothing but a bunch of idiots and im sorry if i offended some of you but please try to enjoy the show and stop debating.
Pages (17) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2019

548 by ARTisANexplosion »»
Yesterday, 8:07 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.