Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 2, 2019 8:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ooh, the host of the Beast Titan actually showed himself to Eren.

Poor, poor Armin. Levi made his point clear in the aftermath of that fight. Not too surprised that Mikasa would be enraged at Levi. These soldiers are ton out so mentally.

Oh Armin...
Stark700Jun 2, 2019 8:36 AM
Jun 2, 2019 8:38 AM

Jan 2018
Phenominal episode. The voice acting was just amazing. Loved how the debate was handled, couldn't have gotten better than that. Top 3 episodes of the show easily.
Jun 2, 2019 8:40 AM

Jan 2018
Great episode but the lack of music at first makes it a bit empty imo
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Jun 2, 2019 8:42 AM

Jan 2018
SethBigBoss said:
tbh the lack of music was great for the scenes this episode. There's no action really, just characters debating on a roof.
Jun 2, 2019 8:42 AM

Jul 2009
Voice acting was truly incredible. Very emotional episode. I also felt the episode went by a bit too quickly without the OP.
Jun 2, 2019 8:43 AM

Aug 2012
Voice actors/actresses were amazing this episode

Oct 2013
Wasn't a fan of this in the manga, especially because it took 2 chapters to resolved, but the anime adapted 2 chapters so everything was concluded this episode, definitely better than the manga for me because of that.

This episode and the one that comes after will determine how anime only watchers will feel about the overall season and potentially the series overall.

That ending scene was great, the soundtrack was very powerful.
keragammingJun 2, 2019 8:54 AM

Aug 2017
Another amazing episode. Got me in the feels. For me the best one. Even without action. Just brilliant. Good job Wit, good job VAs.
Jun 2, 2019 8:44 AM

Jul 2016
Amazing episode. I loved how the OST only kicked in by the end.
Jun 2, 2019 8:45 AM
May 2019
The voice acting work was amazing this episode, best erens VA has ever performed imo
Jun 2, 2019 9:01 AM
May 2017
Vilani said:

The new OST is called "ThanksAT", seriously Sawano with them weird ass names!!
This episode was dope, the VA's killed it, although i can smell the anime onlies saying that nothing happened and it was boring...I wouldn't blame them!!

Next episode: BASEMENT TIME, FINALLY!!
Jun 2, 2019 9:02 AM
Jul 2018
Best comedy episode, Snk always delivers with its stupid plot armours.

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.
Jun 2, 2019 9:07 AM
May 2019
Frostbytes said:

>Armin gets lethal burns on his entire body and falls from such a high wall, an absolutely fatal position
>"Oh but look, since he is one of the main characters, he is still barely alive and breathing!!! So get the serum!"

And hence follows the subsequent drama. Hilarious episode, even more funny that Reiner's plot armour from few episodes ago.

What part of this is able to be seen as a comedy? You must have really dark humor.
>Subsequent Drama
I mean, one of this animes tags is Drama, and considering the nature of this series, something like this episode isnt out of the realm of possibility for it.
Jun 2, 2019 9:10 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Frostbytes said:

What part of this is able to be seen as a comedy? You must have really dark humor.
>Subsequent Drama
I mean, one of this animes tags is Drama, and considering the nature of this series, something like this episode isnt out of the realm of possibility for it.

Comedy because of its absolutely supid logic of Armin breathing in that fatal position, as I pointed out. Just can't take the series seriously with moments like this.
Jun 2, 2019 9:11 AM
May 2019
Frostbytes said:
Weebover9000 said:

>Subsequent Drama

Comedy because of its absolutely supid logic of Armin breathing in that fatal position, as I pointed out. Just can't take the series seriously with moments like this.

I mean, I think Eren being eaten by a titan in season one with a couple limbs gone and suddenly being a titan shifter would be considered a bit worse plot armor than this, but whatevs.
Weebover9000Jun 2, 2019 9:14 AM
Jun 2, 2019 9:14 AM
Jun 2013
SethBigBoss said:

That's kind of the point. This wasn't a triumphant victory. There were so many loses in this battle that having no OST and just ambient sounds really added to how hollow this victory felt.
Jun 2, 2019 9:16 AM

Feb 2018
Frostbytes said:

Surviving from a huge wall is a bit outstretch, but Armin didn't inhale anything when he was getting burned. His organs weren't burned completely. Normally it takes a few minutes until the brain shutdowns.

As for the reiner part, since a shifter is someone that willfully creates a titan around him out of thin air, so its now easy to think he is also able to kind of abandon his body if its destroyed and use the titans nervous system and brain to sustain himself.( I.e transfer his consciousness).
Jun 2, 2019 9:16 AM

Feb 2017
Weebover9000 said:
Frostbytes said:

I mean, I think Eren being eaten by a titan in season one with a couple limbs gone and suddenly being a titan shifter would be considered a bit worse plot armor than this, but whatevs.

That has at least an in-universe explanation with Eren already being titan shifter at that time. Armin surviving 50+ meter fall while covered in fourth-degree burns can't be explained.
Jun 2, 2019 9:18 AM
Jul 2018
Weebover9000 said:
Frostbytes said:

I mean yeah SnK has quite a few dumb plotlines anyway(some Reiner plot armours for example) so it's hard to say which is worse. Personally this was worse for me because how much drama was created when it shouldn't have existed anyway(but plot armour saves the day as usual).
May 2019
Tsarko said:
Weebover9000 said:

That has at least an in-universe explanation with Eren already being titan shifter at that time. Armin surviving 50+ meter fall while covered in fourth-degree burns can't be explained.

Still, the titan shifter ability just spawned out of no where in season one, and a lot of people were cool with it before the in universe explanation was a thing.

Oct 2018
Tsarko said:
Weebover9000 said:

Even as a manga reader i can agree Armin barely breathing after steam makes no sense and can be consider as asspull but still good episode regardless and it's not like every shows we watch and love don't have these kinda moments, they can criticize this episode though but hope anime only people don't overreact. and the most awaited thing will finally get animated next week which I'm looking forward to see in anime. Now that some of the plot holes are done we can focus on actual story.
Ri22rkJun 3, 2019 4:37 AM
Jun 2, 2019 9:20 AM
May 2019
Frostbytes said:
Weebover9000 said:

I mean yeah SnK has quite a few dumb plotlines anyway(some Reiner plot armours for example) so it's hard to say which is worse. Personally this was worse for me because how much drama was created when it shouldn't have existed anyway(but plot armour saves the day as usual).

Reiner is pretty much a meme with the plot armor in the manga commute at this point and you now see why we nickname him Suffer-kun
Jun 2, 2019 9:26 AM
Jul 2018
ThatShiny_Hex said:
Frostbytes said:

Surviving from a huge wall is a bit outstretch, but Armin didn't inhale anything when he was getting burned. His organs weren't burned completely. Normally it takes a few minutes until the brain shutdowns.

Yeah I am quite sure enough minutes have passed as they were engrossed in the stupid drama after Armin getting fourth degree burns all over the body and falling from a high wall.

I can at agree Reiner part isn't that dumb because at least there can be created a sort of logical explanation based just on shifter abilities, however far fetched that might be or lacks proper foreshadowing.
removed-userJun 2, 2019 9:29 AM
Jun 2, 2019 9:28 AM

Jun 2008
Another great episode. Well, the "truth" is coming and let's see everyone's reaction.

Jun 2, 2019 9:30 AM

Oct 2013
Frostbytes said:
Weebover9000 said:

Those plot armor/fake outs is my main gripe in this arc when I was reading the manga, when Armin supposedly died in the manga, I and many also thought he was dead. Seeing anime only praising the series last episode knowing what was to come next episode, apart of me really wish Armin would've stayed dead because it would have really hit home that anyone can die in the series.

Thankfully all this drama was done in one episode, but really it depends on how anime only will view this, on the other hand Armin survive, but for the cost of that Erwin and Bertholdt is dead and the ending scene was beautiful.

This is why I said this episode and the next one will make or break this season. So I'm patiently waiting for anime only reaction to this episode.

Jun 2, 2019 9:33 AM
May 2018
Frostbytes said:
Weebover9000 said:

>Subsequent Drama

Then stop watching anime because anime has no logic at all. XD
Jun 2, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
Ethicalll said:
Frostbytes said:

Yeah I am quite sure enough minutes have passed as they were engrossed in the stupid drama after Armin getting fourth degree burns all over the body and falling from a high wall.

I can at least agree Reiner part isn't that dumb because at least there can be created a sort of logical explanation based just on shifter abilities, however far fetched that might be or lacks proper foreshadowing.
You already read the manga, what did you expect? Complaining about the episode like an anime-only..

I didn't participate in the manga discussion when the chapter was released, and it has been quite a while for that anyway. This is a discussion forum for all so I don't see how that's relevant here, whether anyone is complaining or praising like "anime only" lol.
Jun 2, 2019 9:35 AM

Apr 2019
Frostbytes said:

lmao
Anime:
4th Degree Burns and fall from 50 Metre
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical
Nim0174Jun 2, 2019 9:38 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 9:37 AM
Jul 2018
Cycli said:

True words. I would say wrong hobby.
Jun 2, 2019 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
I like how everybody is like "PLOT ARMOR ALERT" lol. What do you expect? Did you want some other random jackass instead of Armin or Erwin to be a candidate for the injection? It would've been a no brainer to choose Armin or Erwin at that point. Erwin and Armin being the two candidates made perfect sense plot wise.

The reason Levi chose Armin was because Erwin had no dreams past the basement. While Armin did, Levi realised that Armin could lead humanity in the future cause he has dreams far beyond the walls. What did you expect lmao?
Jun 2, 2019 9:42 AM
Aug 2018
Edylson said:
Vilani said:

The new OST is called "ThanksAT", seriously Sawano with them weird ass names!!
This episode was dope, the VA's killed it, although i can smell the anime onlies saying that nothing happened and it was boring...I wouldn't blame them!!

Next episode: BASEMENT TIME, FINALLY!!

I would blame them lol. A lot has happened.
Jun 2, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Cycli said:
Frostbytes said:

Alright, I will stop watching anime because it's SnK.

Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:

lmao
Anime:
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
Plane Crash from 31000-38000 feet (just for reference this is more than 50 metres lmao) engine fire burns the entire plane in free fall
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

Prime ad hominem there, at least some of the fans above tried to discuss it.
>using plane crash logic to defend SnK when planes actually have backup emergency facilities for such situations just to have a small chance of survival

Now I have seen everything.
Jun 2, 2019 9:43 AM
Jul 2018
Am I the only one who thinks Bertolt should live and Reiner should die? Now Bertolt will never see Annie again. :(
Jun 2, 2019 9:44 AM

Jun 2016
I still didnt watch the episode, but having read the manga i was really nervous to see people's reaction this week.
I already knew there would be shit like "how did armin survive the fall/being burnt" or "erwin should have had the serum instead" and having to go through it all again is gonna make me have a headache i swear

Erwin's dream/goal in joining the scouts wasnt to save humanity, it was to prove his father's theory to be correct, but armin has a dream beyond that. Even if i personally like Erwin better, it makes sense why Levi didnt chose him at the end.
He gave up on his life with all the other scouts in the suicide charge, he had made up his mind, and making him into a titan would make Levi go against Erwin's last decision.
ayumiisJun 2, 2019 9:48 AM

Feb 2018
Frostbytes said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

I can at agree Reiner part isn't that dumb because at least there can be created a sort of logical explanation based just on shifter abilities, however far fetched that might be or lacks proper foreshadowing.

Maybe because time works in a funny way in most anime. I don't think it should be taken seriously lol

If think about it, Ymir's flashback was a great foreshadowing on this part. Since titans are hot, your body starts to disintegrate in them leaving some of your bones which makes the weak point. If you get to eat a shifter say 60 yrs (like ymir) after you turned into a dumb titan your body is most certainly is in the same way. So your titan body has to literally regenerate your whole body and mind (including consciousness) at the nape to make you whole again and be reborn as shifter. Including ymir's flashback in season 2 was perhaps a good idea.
Oct 2012
ABDoesThings said:
I like how everybody is like "PLOT ARMOR ALERT" lol. What do you expect? Did you want some other random jackass instead of Armin or Erwin to be a candidate for the injection? It would've been a no brainer to choose Armin or Erwin at that point. Erwin and Armin being the two candidates made perfect sense plot wise.

The reason Levi chose Armin was because Erwin had no dreams past the basement. While Armin did, Levi realised that Armin could lead humanity in the future cause he has dreams far beyond the walls. What did you expect lmao?

No, the previous episode was epic, and gave an incredible send off to armin, yet all it was was a cheap fakeout where the next ep he just coughs that he's alive despite supposedly being beyond dead. Erwin being alive (but dying) is believable(nobody would instantly die from being hit where erwin was dead, they'd bleed a lot and die quickly but thats it) and should have been the logical choice.
Jun 2, 2019 9:45 AM
Aug 2018
Frostbytes said:
ThatShiny_Hex said:

You dumbass, armin survived because his anchors reduced the impact of the fall. They were still connected to the colossal titan.
Jun 2, 2019 9:46 AM
Jul 2018
Manga reader here

Where did the episode end?
Jun 2, 2019 9:47 AM

Apr 2019
Frostbytes said:
Cycli said:

Nim0174 said:

lmao
Anime:
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

>using plane crash logic to defend SnK when planes actually have backup emergency facilities for such situations just to have a small chance of survival

just a few i remember there are a lot more,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade 18000 feet free fall
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Capello 100 feet fall (WALKS AWAY UNSCATHED)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chisov 23000 free fall survivor (jumped out of plane at this height)

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
holds guinness world record for free fall surviving 33330 feet (10160 metre)
". She suffered a fractured skull, three broken vertebrae, two broken legs, broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. She made an almost complete recovery but continued to walk with a limp "

man dude, i don't attempt to discuss this with you because u talk nonsense about how its illogical when its really fucking not

stop saying everything is illogical when its not, its stupid whiny and you aren't 5 years old
Nim0174Jun 2, 2019 9:52 AM
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 9:51 AM
Jun 2015
Hekselka said:
Manga reader here

Where did the episode end?

at the end of the Chapter 84
Jun 2, 2019 9:52 AM

Nov 2013
Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:

lmao
Anime:
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

>reasonable criticism is made
>deny all negative criticism with irrational reasoning that fits your point of view

Typical low-iq SnK fan response
Jun 2, 2019 9:52 AM
Jun 2017
Frostbytes said:

I think most of us agree that armin surviving made no sense,but you comment was over the top,trying to find any flaw in AOT because you hate how everyone praise it,there isn't a show in this world that has no flaws and AOT is no different.
Jun 2, 2019 9:54 AM

Dec 2017
Frostbytes said:
Cycli said:

Nim0174 said:

lmao
Anime:
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

There is no ad hominem used anywhere in their reply. It's a fleshed out logical point that's fair. Armin was going to die 100%, I don't know why you're acting like all that happened only for him to just get up and be fine on his own. The whole POINT of the serum is plot armor lol, Levi even uses word choices like "bring them back to life" in reference to it etc. Your complaint should be at the existence of the serum if anything, but then in that case you'd be discounting the entire plot. So really you have no valid point anywhere in this thread

Reposted
Jun 2, 2019 9:55 AM
Jan 2017
So next week we get the answers
Can’t wait to see everyone’s reaction to the big reveal
Jun 2, 2019 9:56 AM

Apr 2019
Blarey said:
Nim0174 said:

lmao
Anime:
--> not logical survival

Real Life:
multiple survivors
--> totally logical

>reasonable criticism is made
>deny all negative criticism with irrational reasoning that fits your point of view

Typical low-iq SnK fan response

he didn't make any reasonable criticism
armin would have died without the serum

how is my reasoning irrational?
people have survived a lot worse than what Armin Experience and i credited it see this post

-->
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 9:57 AM
Jul 2018
Nim0174 said:
Frostbytes said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Alkemade 18000 feet free fall
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davide_Capello 100 feet fall (UNSCATHED)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Chisov 23000 free fall survivor (jumped out of plane at this height)

-> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesna_Vulovi%C4%87
holds guinness world record for free fall surviving 33330 feet (10160 metre)
". She suffered a fractured skull, three broken vertebrae, two broken legs, broken ribs and a fractured pelvis. She made an almost complete recovery but continued to walk with a limp "

man dude, i don't attempt to discuss this with you because u talk nonsense about how its logical when its really fucking not

just from your first example, didn't even bother with the others(the argument is flawed anyway by comparing with exceptions like Guinness world record holders)

>His fall was broken by pine trees and a soft snow cover on the ground.

But yeah this is totally comparable to Armin's situation where he was burned to a crisp first(none of those examples are comparable to this situation here). Okay, please stop quoting me if you don't have any logical arguments from the series itself, thanks.

ThatShiny_Hex said:
Frostbytes said:

If think about it, Ymir's flashback was a great foreshadowing on this part. Since titans are hot, your body starts to disintegrate in them leaving some of your bones which makes the weak point. If you get to eat a shifter say 60 yrs (like ymir) after you turned into a dumb titan your body is most certainly is in the same way. So your titan body has to literally regenerate your whole body and mind (including consciousness) at the nape to make you whole again and be reborn as shifter. Including ymir's flashback in season 2 was perhaps a good idea.

Yeah I have seen Ymir's flashback as a slight clue to that, not totally convincing but still much better than this.
Jun 2, 2019 10:00 AM

Apr 2019
@Frostbytes
lmao
takes 1 person out of the links i happened to find within 10 seconds of googling,provides a valid counter argument
by all means its valid you are right in that case

disregards millions of other cases where this argument doesn't work

"the argument is flawed anyway by comparing with exceptions like Guinness world record holders"
its really not flawed, what makes you think Armin can't be an Exception?
Exceptions are there to prove that its possible
if something is possible its not an illogical event that can happen

ignoring millions of valid example because one example is invalid is illogical in itself
stop crying like a five year old over something that is clearly possible
You son of a .. turtle

Jun 2, 2019 10:01 AM
Jul 2018
Eniie said:
ABDoesThings said:

No, the previous episode was epic, and gave an incredible send off to armin, yet all it was was a cheap fakeout where the next ep he just coughs that he's alive despite supposedly being beyond dead. Erwin being alive (but dying) is believable(nobody would instantly die from being hit where erwin was dead, they'd bleed a lot and die quickly but thats it) and should have been the logical choice.
Okay why don't you create your own Attack on Titan and write it your way? It's not your work so complaining about some guy mysteriously surviving fourth degree burns for a few minutes is kinda pointless. At that point, you could call Reiner "The Armored Titan". That guy's survived death so many times lol. His luck is insane, yet he doesn't want to live lol.
Jun 2, 2019 10:02 AM
Jun 2017
Nim0174 said:
@Frostbytes
lmao
takes 1 person out of the links i happened to find finds a valid counter argument
by all means its valid you are right in that case

disregards millions of other cases where this argument doesn't work

"the argument is flawed anyway by comparing with exceptions like Guinness world record holders"
its really not flawed, what makes you think Armin can't be an Exception?
Exceptions are there to prove that its possible
if something is possible its not an illogical event that can happen

ignoring millions of valid example because one example is invalid is illogical in itself
stop crying like a five year old over something that is clearly possible

wow now armin surviving make sense.
amine60__SBDJun 2, 2019 10:29 AM
Jun 2, 2019 10:03 AM

Apr 2019
@amine60__SBD not sure if you are being sarcastic here

he had the titan serum
of course it makes sense. its a fantasy world.

and people crying over him not instantly dying a laughable 50 metre fall and 4th-5th degree or even six degree burns is hilarious

sure people die like that, he would have died as well if not for the serum

but crying over something like that is hilarious when you consider what kind of things people in real life have survived

You son of a .. turtle

Pages (17) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 30, 2019

668 by Beqapapi »»
Apr 12, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Thorf - May 26, 2019

734 by lightning19 »»
Apr 12, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 19, 2019

345 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Mar 31, 8:10 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tsarko - May 11, 2019

369 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 7:57 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 Part 2 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 28, 2019

458 by TheNewGuy7204 »»
Mar 28, 6:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.