Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 1, 2019 4:06 AM

May 2013
I love tear-jerkers and I haven't had a good cry in a long time.
I would also like to see more mature-themed anime with lots of violence and brutality like Blood-C, AOT, Crybaby etc.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 1, 2019 4:10 AM
Mar 2018
Yeah agree with you on the tear-jerkers one, but I want more of psychological and thriller stuff
Jun 1, 2019 4:11 AM
Sep 2017
Good Harem. There are barely any nowadays
Jun 1, 2019 4:16 AM

Oct 2008
Lincompoop said:
I would also like to see more mature-themed anime with lots of violence and brutality like Blood-C, AOT, Crybaby etc.

My thoughts exactly, anime like:

Your lie in April (crying)
Shingeki no Kyoujin (violence)
Kuzu no Honkai (seinen/mature)
ef a tale of melodies (depression)
Phantom Requiem for the phantom (drama)

More like these and hopefully even better ones in the future.
Jun 1, 2019 4:17 AM

Sep 2018
More GOOD thriller anime. The lack of it is actually kind of disappointing.
"Literary experts revealed that reviews on sites like MyAnimeList kill more than 200 brain cells per second."

- Joey, "The Anime Man"
Jun 1, 2019 4:23 AM

Mar 2013
I want more in gore, horror and psychological!
Especially in investigating stuffs like detective conan!!
Jun 1, 2019 4:33 AM

Sep 2014
more originals
majority of the medium being adaptations is saddening
Jun 1, 2019 4:38 AM
May 2018
- no Inori Minase
- no isekai
- no Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
- no harems
- no Rie Takahashi
- no Inori Minase
- no Inori Minase
- no Inori Minase
Jun 1, 2019 4:40 AM
May 2015
Good scary, mystery, psychological horror anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 1, 2019 4:51 AM

Apr 2017
MORE Mecha
More originals
More thrillers
More dementia anime
More Sci-Fi
More military anime
More tragedy anime
More psychological embed with philosophy like Monster

『 The truth has power because it’s the truth.
And because it is the truth, that makes it just.
It’s persuasive, isn’t it? Don’t you want truth like that? 』

Jun 1, 2019 4:55 AM

Oct 2017
As others have said, thriller/psychological sort of anime. Ergo Proxy / Shinsekai Yori are both in my 10/10s but it doesn't feel like anime like these get made much. I feel it's largely down to how much of the anime consumer base are still teenagers who perhaps don't have the patience for slow-paced moody shows with heavy themes.

Same goes for the tear-jerkers others have mentioned. Particularly dramatic, heartfelt romance. The best romance anime in the current season are fucking shorts and not even that good on the grand scale of things.

Last season had Kaguya which was a romcom, not a full-fledged romance. There was also Domestic Girlfriend but that wasn't a proper romance in the way I think most people imagine. It was good, for my tastes, but in that "wow!" entertaining way rather than in the heavy feels way.

You have to go all the way back to Fall 2018 for a proper good romance in Bloom in to You. There was also Bunny Girl Senpai that season but the actual main romantic elements in that show took a backseat for most of the season.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Aggregate scoring is bad for the anime fandom
Jun 1, 2019 5:00 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
More ecchi. More harems. More romcoms.

Jun 1, 2019 5:03 AM
Jan 2019
Lincompoop said:

More of the mystery and thriller types, like You-zitsu, zanyou no terror and mirai nikki.
Jun 1, 2019 5:03 AM

Sep 2009
This is a weird one but I would prefer more Omnibus anime of visual novels. I think the concept that Amagami and Yosuga No Sora did was interesting and broke the whole harem thing that VN anime do.
Jun 1, 2019 5:04 AM

Jan 2016
YossaRedMage said:

You have to go all the way back to Fall 2018 for a proper good romance in Bloom in to You. There was also Bunny Girl Senpai that season but the actual main romantic elements in that show took a backseat for most of the season.

I find it interesting you say that in a season with the Fruits Basket remake airing. It's definitely not to the level of Bloom into You in terms of heavy emotional moments and at times you can tell the source material's age at points, but it still has some great moments and is worth a shot if you're looking for a good proper romance.

Also, season 2 of High Score Girl coming out later this year, which I found a surprisingly great romance last year, plus should be finishing up the story since the manga ended and season 1 adapted almost half of the manga. Just some quick recommendations if you want a heartfelt romance.
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jun 1, 2019 5:24 AM
May 2019
More psychological, thriller, and something that will wreck my feelings the way Clannad did.
Jun 1, 2019 5:26 AM

Oct 2017
@MaskOfIce

High Score Girl is amazing, though I still need to see Extra Stage. It's not quite the serious tear-jerker romance I'm talking about though.

I really tried with Fruits, man... I couldn't get on board with it. The reverse harem elements just don't work for me. I feel like what girls must feel like watching regular harem anime. The MC is kind of dull and not properly fleshed out and the guys are kind of tropey.

I don't know though... Even those reasons don't make sense to me. Tropes aren't inherently good or bad and the MC is interesting in some ways, unfair to call her a shell. I liked how she was introduced in that quirky way. The image of genki girl living in a tent with the picture of her mom and the sad backstory worked really well for me at the start. Very compelling.

But after a few episodes, none of the characters we working for me. I straight up hated the pretty boy who is popular with all the girls but is actually secretly jealous of his brother for reasons that don't make much sense and in a really angsty childish way to boot. His brother isn't much better in terms of the angst (worse, even) and he's made less sympathetic by turning him in to punching bag for pretty boy.

I think the shoujo'ness of the show is really evident in how the characters are written. Guys value being popular with women and being strong and one of the male characters has both of those traits and is in no way grateful for it. The other brother is sympathic in that sense but is made to look like a fool, with the slapstick punching bad routine he goes through.

Not saying shoujo is inherently bad. Lots of shows aimed at guys have women written in ways that are obviously from a guys perspective and MCs that clearly just serve as self-inserts for the viewer.

As I said, I really tried. I absolutely adore the OP and the art. I mean really adore. And I can tell that the characters are well written in terms of depth and their interactions (the two brothers at least). I got to episode four and dropped it as soon as I realised I wasn't looking forward to new episodes.

As for it's merits as a romance. There not being any clear ship present didn't really make me see it as romance, rather a harem-esque sitation with room for romance but with a focus on interpersonal drama.

Also, the turning in to animals thing was quirkily interesting for all of one episode before it just came off as an unnecessary gimmick. I may have liked the show more without it.
“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.”
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2019 5:40 AM

Jan 2016
@YossaRedMage

That's fair. I think it does get better with those elements as it goes along, but not necessarily to a point that if you were already turned off you should give it another shot. Just figured I'd make sure you gave it a chance since on paper at least, it seemed like what you might be looking for.

And yeah, the draw is definitely more the interpersonal drama, but since that's a huge part of what I like about serious romances, thought it might qualify for what you were looking for, especially since the focus is more on helping better each other.

Hopefully there are more heartfelt romances in the future, since a good one like that can really be amazing. (Or just a season 2 to Bloom into You)
You have shit taste, and then I have taste so shit it makes your taste look good
Jun 1, 2019 5:56 AM

Oct 2017
MaskOfIce said:
(Or just a season 2 to Bloom into You)

Please God. I actaully bought the first two parts of the manga while in Tokyo earlier this year in a vein attempt to help sales and get a season 2. My Japanese is getting better but I'm in no way able to properly read them yet lol!

They look pretty though...
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Jun 1, 2019 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
i want less school settings in anime there is too much already
Jun 1, 2019 5:59 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
Manaban said:
More ecchi. More harems. More romcoms.

No offense, but there’s plenty of such anime in the medium.
Jun 1, 2019 6:14 AM
Nov 2017
Whatever anime that has a great MC or villain, which can include
1. Unique MC character, such as Okabe Rintarou in SG;
2. Superhuman MC that makes sense, such as Guts in Berserk
3. Smart MC/Villain which make sense, not only smart, but that will mind blow everyone (death note character is doing a good job, but now a days characters except for Yakusoku no neverland isn't).
4. Manipulative with high charisma MC/villain, such as Johan from monster or griffith from Berserk.
5. MC/Villain who has their own idealism (Ginko from Mushi, Griffith from Berserk, Stain from BNHA or any other similar).
6. Crazy but "human" beings character (such as Kira from Jojo or Hisoka from HXH. I don't really like if the anime is overacted the char, like the one from tokyo ghoul, the guy who has purple hair and the one from re:zero. That is dumb, the crazinest or maybe should I say fetish, if you had those, of course you will not reveal it to everyone. That's what makes 'fetish' villain great, not just someone who is crazy and laugh like an evil and love to torture, love blood, or whatever it is.)

And I don't want any of character below in the anime exist.
1. Girls who love the MC even the girls don't have a good memories (such as girls from SAO, school days, to love-ru, or the beginning of Naruto (yeah I know, Sasuke isn't MC, but still). But I don't mind, or in fact, I will love to see a love story like your lie in april or something similar)
2. Annoying character that wants to save someone they barely know no matter what happens (maybe like Emma from Yakusoku No Neverland and almost all shonen MC?)
3. Undeveloped character (there are a lot)

For the genre, I don't really mind about that. I mean, I can enjoy something like action, shonen, seinen, mystery, romance, sci-fi, or anything as long as they have a good character
Jun 1, 2019 6:32 AM

Apr 2018
Instead of anime featuring high schoolers , we need more anime featuring college students. Like coming of age and finding your place in the adult world. (Doesn't have to focus on alcohol but it is welcomed).
Jun 1, 2019 6:45 AM
Dec 2018
The kind I want to see is more good anime.
Jun 1, 2019 6:46 AM

Apr 2014
i could go for some more space sci-fi anime
Jun 1, 2019 6:58 AM

Jan 2013
More delinquent type of anime.
More boxing anime.
More car racing anime.
Jun 1, 2019 7:03 AM

May 2018
DEFINITELY Isekai - just kidding LOL. More high quality supernatural, mystery type anime would be nice. I hope The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II in the summer will go some way to satisfying those cravings!
Jun 1, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2016
Sir_Alonne said:
Good Harem. There are barely any nowadays

Then it’s clear you don’t watch that many new harems
Jun 1, 2019 7:05 AM

Mar 2015
-More lewd reverse harems with fanservice levels equal to ecchi shows (I guess more isn't the right term considering there probably aren't any to begin with but alas)
-More anime based off e-sports
-More anime with adult protagonists
Jun 1, 2019 7:08 AM

Jan 2016
More sci-fi
More hard sci-fi
More space opera

Lately space opera are only remakes.
Jun 1, 2019 7:11 AM

Aug 2016
Steampunk anime, the only one I recall right now is Last Exile.
Who are you and why do you show your hostility towards a complete stranger whom you've not once spoken with before. Are you seriously asking to get blocked? Well, if that's what your intent is; to tempt me into throwing hands with someone as lowly and insignificant as you, then i may grant your wish provided you articulate yourself a bit better when trying to spite a person of my wavelength.
Jun 1, 2019 7:18 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
anime where the bad guys are hot girls
Jun 1, 2019 7:21 AM

Jun 2010
I like mystery, adventure and detective stories like QED and Detective Conan. Even if it is comical is fine too - like You're Under Arrest! I feel that stories like these can crack the brain and keep my analytical mind active. I also like psychological like Death Note, as well as dramatic stories like Fairy Tail and Letter Bee that focus on love and bonding between people, as well as allowing viewers to pour their hearts out.

I don't particularly enjoy harem and ecchi. I'm a woman, and I don't think seeing panty shots or showing boobs continuously are appealing to me. Or a story with a guy who is portrayed as a weak, shy and a complete introvert to have all girls falling in love with him.

Well, everyone's taste is different. :)

Jun 1, 2019 7:21 AM

Sep 2014
More mystery shows and psychological thrillers would be nice.
Jun 1, 2019 7:49 AM

Feb 2018
I don't think there's an anime about adult(s) raising a family, aka lighthearted family shenanigans.

Except for Sazae-san, but that's embedded onto the old Japanese family lifestyle that won't resonate with me
foxsurpriseJun 1, 2019 8:29 AM
Jun 1, 2019 7:50 AM

Jan 2010
not more, more like please make the first "action shounen with fujo bait but not actually bait because it will become canon" anime.

Anyway, I want more thrilling anime filled with suspense. Recent prime example would be Yakusoku no Neverland.
Jun 1, 2019 7:59 AM

May 2013
foxsuprise said:
I don't think there's an anime about adult(s) raising a family, aka family shenanigans.

Except for Sazae-san, but that's embedded onto the old Japanese family lifestyle that won't resonate with me

Clannad After Story is my personal favourite anime of all time.

Another one of my fav is Wolf Children.

But yeah, good family SOL are few and almost non-existent.
LincompoopJun 1, 2019 8:03 AM

Jun 1, 2019 8:00 AM

Sep 2018
it’ll be unlikely to happen considering what kinds of terrible things it brought upon Japan, but a military anime focusing around WWII would be kind of cool to see. just a time period I find really interesting.
or more military anime in general
or more mecha, that is always welcome

.....military mecha anime......
Jun 1, 2019 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
I would love to see more political thrillers.
Jun 1, 2019 8:17 AM
Nov 2016
More violent, gorey anime with characters, but the gore actually makes sense and deaths arent predictable. Something like MGRP.
Jun 1, 2019 8:29 AM

Feb 2018
Lincompoop said:
foxsuprise said:
I don't think there's an anime about adult(s) raising a family, aka family shenanigans.

Clannad After Story is my personal favourite anime of all time.

Another one of my fav is Wolf Children.

But yeah, good family SOL are few and almost non-existent.

You're right, but I meant shenanigans in the sense of lightheartedness, apologies for the misunderstanding! But in general raising a family, drama-fueled or not, is very rare in anime.
Jun 1, 2019 8:30 AM

Feb 2019
I want more Wholesome Yuri anime without the drama.

It’s okay to look back at the past, just don’t stare too long

Jun 1, 2019 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Anime with cute boys like they existed in the 90ies.
Jun 1, 2019 8:32 AM

Feb 2010
Adult workplace s-o-l shows and realistic near-future sci-fi
I probably regret this post by now.
Jun 1, 2019 8:34 AM

Jul 2014
I'd be keen on seeing more gory cyberpunk in the vein of Cyber City 808. That shit's like comfort food for me. That said, I'd also love to see more Gothic horror.
Take care of yourself

Jun 1, 2019 8:41 AM

Feb 2018
Shicchi said:
not more, more like please make the first "action shounen with fujo bait but not actually bait because it will become canon" anime.

Wasn't there Samurai Flamenco in which

Admittedly, the show wasn't very good imo
Jun 1, 2019 8:43 AM

Oct 2018
Anime like the first episode of Goblin Slayer.~☆

サディスティックな考え
"JUST KILL ME."
サディスティックマインド
Jun 1, 2019 8:45 AM

Nov 2017
More military anime, more cyberpunk like Psycho-pass and GITS, I'd also love an anime about architecture.
Jun 1, 2019 9:16 AM

Jan 2010
foxsuprise said:
Shicchi said:

Wasn't there Samurai Flamenco in which

Admittedly, the show wasn't very good imo
omgg I'm checking it out now. Thank you! lol
Jun 1, 2019 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
I want more classic gun type battles, like Bungou stray dogs S2 early ep or Black Cat.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Today

15 by Fischer77 »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

55 by Fischer77 »»
11 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

239 by TitanOfPlasma »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

60 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
22 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 2 hours ago

9 by Rhaelynne »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.