Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
May 15, 2019 8:04 AM

Dec 2016
It felt the same as the 100th boruto filler ep
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
May 15, 2019 8:32 AM

Dec 2018
This martial arts tournament thing was never in the web comic and was added for the manga remake so the accusation of "filler" in this case wrings, unfortunately, quite true.
May 15, 2019 8:37 AM

Apr 2017
I thought there's hope that J.C. Staff would improve the anime. Starting from eps. 2, they made it better till eps. 5. Then just saw eps. 6, it just meh. The directing is so bad that I can't laugh from the typical OPM jokes they've created in this eps and just wanted that the anime finish as soon as possible. Sound effects not good at all. Especially when the explosives comes in.
Worst quality from all eps. so far. I don't see any chance to get better if they keep doing like this.
zozoz13May 15, 2019 8:41 AM
May 15, 2019 9:03 AM

Jan 2016
decent episode. The monsters really are a threat, well, until Saitama fights them ofcourse.
May 15, 2019 9:04 AM
Jun 2017
MattUzumaki said:
Gyoro Gyoro supposed to be a female, but she has a male voice. WTF?!

IKR? I guess they plan on surprising the non-Manga readers since Gyoro Gyoro's gender was not obvious till much later.
May 15, 2019 9:08 AM

Feb 2018
Fede_5000 said:
This martial arts tournament thing was never in the web comic and was added for the manga remake so the accusation of "filler" in this case wrings, unfortunately, quite true.

I think it worked quite well to set up Suiryu, who ll most likely return in the
May 15, 2019 9:08 AM
Jun 2017
This season was supposed to be all about fights with a few emotional moments, why is JC Staff rushing things so much?
May 15, 2019 10:05 AM

Nov 2016
Who's VA that female from Hero Association? Her voice is deep for a woman
May 15, 2019 10:22 AM

Oct 2010
EpsilonX said:
Kougeru said:
I'm confused. They were calling Tatsumaki "imouto" for a few lines and the suddenly she was "ane". It wasn't a subtitle issue, they said those words. Was the succubus just mistaken and thought Tatsumaki was younger cuz she's pettanko?

One of the running jokes of the series is that everybody thinks Tatsumaki is Fubuki's younger sister, when she's actually her older sister.

thanks! much appreciated

May 15, 2019 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
Still better then Game of thrones season 8.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 15, 2019 12:10 PM

Jun 2015
This is pretty fast paced compared to the manga, I like it.
Light-Yagami-GodMay 15, 2019 12:57 PM
May 15, 2019 12:46 PM
Nov 2016
tidoesstuff said:

Anyone notice this, I haven't studied my Japanese is so long but this is clearly hiragana... I'm now wondering what it's supposed to mean. Can anyone help?

I already said it in post #33, but here it is again: For those who only watch the anime and don't know japanese, at 18:21 the bodies against the building spell ashidematoi, which is a japanese expression referring to someone who is a burden or hindrance and holds you back.
May 15, 2019 12:49 PM

Jan 2017
redwhitenblue said:
tidoesstuff said:

Anyone notice this, I haven't studied my Japanese is so long but this is clearly hiragana... I'm now wondering what it's supposed to mean. Can anyone help?

I already said it in post #33, but here it is again: For those who only watch the anime and don't know japanese, at 18:21 the bodies against the building spell ashidematoi, which is a japanese expression referring to someone who is a burden or hindrance and holds you back.

Mah, thanks, I probably missed it cz I was looking out for an image... I was so close, the third character, I thought it was n. Makes a little more sense now.
May 15, 2019 2:36 PM

Jul 2014
Every episode gets more intense, I legit can't wait each week for a new episode !!
May 15, 2019 3:53 PM
FMAB is the BEST

Aug 2017
xShinigami3125 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
It's just getting funnier and funnier, this dumpsterfire is crazy entertaining.
At least Suiryu got thiccer, compared to his first appearance.

Is the only thing you can do is complain. Like cry a river like damn
Greed has poisoned men’s souls, has barricaded the world with hate, has goose-stepped us into misery and bloodshed.
May 15, 2019 3:55 PM

May 2019
so disappointed as always.. im always wondering why not Bones studio to take over this anime? instead madhoue give it to J.C Staff. because Bones studio is done for making mob psycho.
"the greatest anime fight"

May 15, 2019 6:16 PM
Mar 2019
Radu_Bey0 said:
This season was supposed to be all about fights with a few emotional moments, why is JC Staff rushing things so much?
because this studio is very bad and very damn if faced with an action event
May 15, 2019 6:20 PM

Jun 2012
So this time they nerfed all the A and below heroes... Fights got shorter and again underwhelming.
It's sad cause this was an episode to show A heroes shinning even against all odds, I guess they didn't have the budget to adapt Fubuki Hell Storm, that Dominatrix got pissed by beiing attack with literally nothing instead...
The pace is up and the dialogue is suffering. I guess they are rushing the adaptation maybe they are really short on time.
May 15, 2019 7:37 PM
Jan 2019
Uhuuuu Tatsumaki shows up, but i really missed Garo.
Don't touch my wig...K.O kkkkkkk
The real danger is revealed
May 15, 2019 9:08 PM

Dec 2017
Genos vs cockroach was a good fight, i'm still mad about garou vs metal bat...
May 15, 2019 9:10 PM
Dec 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
Again, amazing episode, the focus shifts a little with how strained the hero society (which is full of hero-wanna-bees and worthless bureaucrats) gets when faced against a planned, coordinated assault by monsters... and that's about as relevant as I can say about the topic. But once again the series does outstanding work with side characters, giving them almost unparalleled depth as actual people, not just inserts that serve their purpose in the narrative once.

BlindSniper said:
Wow... this is really bad.

Worst episode of this season. Getting so bored I might not be seeing this finish.

Hey, it's a me, your friendly educated and developed forum user, with a piece of advice! To avoid sounding like a loudmouth next time you could actually add some essence to your message, like actual points that you strongly seem to believe make this episode the worst one. Otherwise no one is going to listen to you, which renders the whole point of commentary void. No one, except me. Because I have an infinite amount of pity and compassion.
nanidatosama97 said:

Can..you rephrase that? English probably isnt your first language but I had a hard time understanding

I... I don't think anyone needs that. Better just... yeah.
Farabeuf said:
Seeing Tatsumaki and Fubuki together again was pretty nice. I'm finding the whole tournament bit pretty boring to be honest,

But what about the Snek hero, who was faced with an existential crisis since the whole series began, and is now seeking to improve himself to be able to protect people against ever-evolving monsters. Is there a reason you found that call-back with a genuine inner monologue "boring"? Were you not entertained?

As if I need to point out why it's bad. Everything was bad.

There was no redeeming quality to the entire episode. Go outside for once in your life. /r/iamverysmart
May 15, 2019 11:05 PM
Aug 2017
Hi everyone,
Kinda new here, is there a reason why episodes 3-6 is not added to the episode list?

Thanks.
May 15, 2019 11:44 PM
Apr 2016
BlindSniper said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Again, amazing episode, the focus shifts a little with how strained the hero society (which is full of hero-wanna-bees and worthless bureaucrats) gets when faced against a planned, coordinated assault by monsters... and that's about as relevant as I can say about the topic. But once again the series does outstanding work with side characters, giving them almost unparalleled depth as actual people, not just inserts that serve their purpose in the narrative once.

Hey, it's a me, your friendly educated and developed forum user, with a piece of advice! To avoid sounding like a loudmouth next time you could actually add some essence to your message, like actual points that you strongly seem to believe make this episode the worst one. Otherwise no one is going to listen to you, which renders the whole point of commentary void. No one, except me. Because I have an infinite amount of pity and compassion.

I... I don't think anyone needs that. Better just... yeah.

But what about the Snek hero, who was faced with an existential crisis since the whole series began, and is now seeking to improve himself to be able to protect people against ever-evolving monsters. Is there a reason you found that call-back with a genuine inner monologue "boring"? Were you not entertained?

There was no redeeming quality to the entire episode. Go outside for once in your life. /r/iamverysmart

Oh well... you tried! Surely next time it will be even better, and by the time you develop into a mature adult you will be able to express yourself in a civilized fashion, befitting of discussion forums! Keep it up, I will believe in you.
Re:formed
May 16, 2019 7:15 AM
Nov 2011
tidoesstuff said:
Hoped to get into the first page for an increase in response likelihood. Meh.

If I'm not mistaken, it says "ashidematoi" (あしでまとい), which translates along the lines of burden or encumbrance. It makes sense, as tatsumaki told fubuki that they (fubuki's partners or whatever you wanna call them) were nothing more than a hindrance and should just leave.
May 16, 2019 7:43 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Thread cleaned

Removed baiting.

As a reminder single phrase responses are removed without notice.
May 16, 2019 8:23 AM

Jan 2019
well
the ending was pretty hype
what ruins these episodes for me is the fast pace and the weird transitions
the transitions from one scene to another needs to be more smooth. fubuki stares at her sister for 1 sec then it cuts to a tournament scene
May 16, 2019 10:25 AM

Oct 2017
well today's episode was a bit better animated thats all im gonna say.
May 16, 2019 12:14 PM

Apr 2015
another episode of cheap animation making incredible panels look awful

story and characters as good as always

the pace feels strange, but its probably me
May 16, 2019 12:19 PM

Jan 2012
The bad direction of the last episode continues. Telling both story lines which have opposing atmospheres parallely ruins the unity of the anime, especially since transitions are executed way too abruptly. Therefore the scenes miss a connection and consist of nothing more than what is shown, usually long dialogue sequences of uninteresting side characters with little value to the plot. Hence the whole episode lacks a feeling of progression.
May 16, 2019 2:15 PM

Oct 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
BlindSniper said:

Oh well... you tried! Surely next time it will be even better, and by the time you develop into a mature adult you will be able to express yourself in a civilized fashion, befitting of discussion forums! Keep it up, I will believe in you.

You sound like a child trying to play adult here. Most complains about this season isn’t about the story ( seeing how that’s the only praise you give it). Majority of the issue, from what I see, is the adaptation of it; e.g. awful color design, limited and mediocre animation, rushed episodes, etc..
May 16, 2019 2:54 PM
Apr 2016
Classy_Cassy said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

You sound like a child trying to play adult here. Most complains about this season isn’t about the story ( seeing how that’s the only praise you give it). Majority of the issue, from what I see, is the adaptation of it; e.g. awful color design, limited and mediocre animation, rushed episodes, etc..

See, you have given me just something of an essence to support your point, and I am willing to address your message seriously, as an equal.
That could be and I can't argue that as I am not a comics reader, but a faithful viewer. In terms to what it could have been, yes, it is not amazing like, say, Boku no Hero Academia. But it is not "sub-par" in any way, and has some quite powerful moments and directing, enough to be a decent animated series. That's as much as I am willing to argue in public.
Daniel_NaumovMay 16, 2019 2:57 PM
Re:formed
May 16, 2019 3:11 PM

May 2015
The animation is really bad, I felt like this episode was lower quality than the others, it got in the way of my enjoyment.
Despite the animation, I'm still going to continue watching OPM. I like the story and the characters, and the show has humour, it's just the animation doesn't do it justice.
I'm probably going to catch up to the manga once this is all over, I haven't read it in like 4 years or something.
May 16, 2019 4:39 PM

Jul 2010
Is it just me? Genos is supposed to kill those monsters with martial art moves in sync with the tournament. At least that is how it happens in the manga. I think that is very genius of Murata and I am mad they kept it out.
May 16, 2019 5:14 PM
Mar 2019
Lam_Vuong said:
Hi everyone,
Kinda new here, is there a reason why episodes 3-6 is not added to the episode list?

Thanks.
yes maybe because this program is just rubbish, so they don't have to bother entering it
May 16, 2019 8:45 PM

Mar 2013
I'm a little disappointed that they just glossed over the tournament fights. I mean, I know these characters aren't that relevant, but knowing about their interactions before what's coming up will help anime-onlys a little bit more. I mean, at least Choze got a bit of attention...
May 16, 2019 8:56 PM
Dec 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
BlindSniper said:

As if your passive-aggressive tone and pseudo intellectual psycho babble about appreciating children story lines is the epitome of adulthood.

Get a grip, you neckbeard. I'll leave it at that because I dislike arguing wits with someone who's unarmed.
May 16, 2019 9:30 PM

Oct 2018
Daniel_Naumov said:
Classy_Cassy said:

See, you have given me just something of an essence to support your point, and I am willing to address your message seriously, as an equal.
That could be and I can't argue that as I am not a comics reader, but a faithful viewer. In terms to what it could have been, yes, it is not amazing like, say, Boku no Hero Academia. But it is not "sub-par" in any way, and has some quite powerful moments and directing, enough to be a decent animated series. That's as much as I am willing to argue in public.

I respect your point
May 17, 2019 3:33 AM
Sep 2018
I came for good animated fights, stayed for Saitamas suntan bald head
May 17, 2019 6:55 PM

Aug 2016
The only good moment was Saitama on the toilet. I wonder how this season is being perceived in Japan. I’d totally drop if I wasn’t so far in.
May 17, 2019 11:39 PM

Jun 2013
Hard to pay attention at times, especially the action scenes but I did my best.

I was glad to see Tatsumaki again. Wished she had some booty and panty shots. Yes, I am that kind of disgusting degenerate and I don't care. Yes, her sister, Fubuki booty is more curvy but I love them both.

臭い-
May 18, 2019 12:01 PM

Nov 2017
So many badass characters' entrances ruined. Can we start a boycott to get a better studio to animate this like GOT?

Throwing all these awesome characters in the trash, such a shame.

A bounce back episode but what good is it? Tornado was ruined, Suiryu was ruined. Might as well be animating the manga in stills on a wall. There's no flow or dramatic direction to any of this. All these cool moments are lost without emphasis.

I don't even remember who's dead or not. Why Madhouse, why?

One Puncher hasn't even laid hardly a finger all show.

There's no dramatic build-up to any of these crucial moments, such a waste of a great story, it makes you want to cry. And the colors, ugh, the color saturation, the drained reds in the bug fight. Ugh, it just looks terrible.
DarkInsomnia57May 18, 2019 12:06 PM
May 18, 2019 1:00 PM

Aug 2015
This anime is so messed up. Definitively a "Hit or Miss" situation. For every 2 mediocre episodes we have a decent one, then a bad one, then back to mediocre.

I kinda liked this episode, specially because of Suiryu, but I can´t stand Saitama honestly.

Hope Garou appears a little bit more doing things over there. Also Genos looked better (but I still can´t understand that weird brightness with anything made of metal or latex).
May 19, 2019 1:17 AM

Oct 2013
That was cool! We saw some action from Martial Arts Tournament including Saitama and Suiryu. Genos' fight was decent, but I'm surprised he lost like that. Them monsters surely are planning something big. Fubuki was also great. Her abilities are powerful, but she experienced a lot of problems as well. Who know what would happen if Tatsumaki (awesome as always xD ) didn't show up.

King Orochi looks horryfying, but that's good. He gives that frightening feeling just as if you would expect from somebody called as "Monster King".

Animation was alright, lines of characters sometimes felt too soft, but it was random moments that didn't affect rest of scenes at all. I liked the artstyle used to create background and colour pallete which was used here. Characters looked simply better with it.

It seems in the next episode we will have Garou vs. "that hero who is wearing dog's suit". We saw also prison and cat monster looking for Puri Puri Prisoner. I hope he will return next week.
May 19, 2019 5:57 AM

May 2015
I would whip fubuki too.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
May 19, 2019 4:21 PM

May 2012
its too bad they did the episode so badly. sekkaku a good chance to hype up the next episode/monster association arc. all fight is done half-assed. forget about demon cyborg's full-metal body. all the fighting animation is not even half good. just add some flash here and there, make some random pose that does not have any depth into it, make the character jump a little. done.
yep. worst episode so far.
if you want good story, read novel. if you want good graphic, read manga. anime is beyond that.
May 20, 2019 2:18 AM
Apr 2013
Can we get the voice actors for Orochi, Gyoro Gyoro, and Phoenix Man added to the main page?
May 20, 2019 5:41 AM
Mar 2019
in other words, nothing happened in 20 minutes, pacing very badly, the best part in this episode was seeing Fubuki's bra open, and also the big breasts fubuki swaying
May 21, 2019 5:51 AM
Jan 2018
Is it even possible to give this season a proper adaption from the looks of it if JC wasn't the ones that did it . The other stuido would have had issues a well wouldn't they there's like 10 fights in like 3 epiosdes and most likely more in the coming so either way wouldn't this season been doomed who ever did it
May 21, 2019 7:42 AM

Apr 2018
Mattinator95 said:
Is it even possible to give this season a proper adaption from the looks of it if JC wasn't the ones that did it . The other stuido would have had issues a well wouldn't they there's like 10 fights in like 3 epiosdes and most likely more in the coming so either way wouldn't this season been doomed who ever did it
possible if Ufotable, bones or IG production did one punch man, I think they can do better than J.C staff
May 21, 2019 12:48 PM

Dec 2014
lol... charanko is something...I hope more focus is on him
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:49 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 12:13 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
May 17, 11:27 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.