Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 24, 2019 9:19 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Horikoshi you fucking mad beast, ramped this chapter and took it to places I never thought he'd go.

First off Toga's backstory is borderline creepy precious; she sucked her middle school crush like a fucking juice box. But Curious has a point, her quirk was basically a death sentence to her and the oppression she faced when she was doing what was so normal to her. It's really rounding out the creases of quirk disparage in the society spectrum (and the fact that they have correctional programs for the youth with these quirks as well; fun world build).

Second I UNHOLY SCREAMED when she transformed into Ochako and maybe it's just me but he really put the FUCK YOU into everyone who was saying she's too psychotic to know what love is. She's out here defending her feelings and I honestly couldn't be more proud of that. And now that it's confirmed that she can use quirks of people she transforms into especially heightened by those she's in love with;;;; good content.

Also Toga won, take that to the bank. She has moved up to my top 5 for sure.

The pages were so quality this week, I really felt the punch in the face and that body hitting the pavement. Horror gore enthusiast has been unleashed. The amount of blacks in the detail shots.

Thanks for the food. 🙏🏼

Edit: Getting pretty tired of the constant "this was brought up out of nowhere" fuckery. This was brought up back in chapter 8.

StripesApr 26, 2019 8:08 PM
Apr 24, 2019 9:35 PM

Jan 2009
oh shit Toga confirmed that she can use the quirk of the person she transforms into

need english scans to understand the whole thing though
Apr 25, 2019 12:19 AM

Mar 2015
come on, i was very moved in the early chapter, until she got the power up.

the art still extremely nice tho. also confirmed that liberation army also another stepping stone for villain league like yakuza, considering how easy curious is defeated. well, can't be helped, it was expected.
KumaApr 25, 2019 12:22 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 25, 2019 12:50 AM

Jan 2009
quirks can evolve ok this will get interesting in the future, hopefully more of the characters will have evolve quirks too
Apr 25, 2019 1:42 AM

Dec 2013
Her quirk evolved? Wut?
Apr 25, 2019 2:12 AM
Oct 2018
I'm trusting Horikoshi with these developements. Even tough quirks can evolve they aren't necessarily OP. He knows how to plan a story and has learned form other authors mistakes(Naruto, Bleach etc). The chapter was great and we finally got a backstory to a character thst needed one. It also proved how Horikoshi can make great characters with little back story.
CaptainFekezuApr 25, 2019 2:18 AM
Apr 25, 2019 2:31 AM

Jan 2009
im loving this science fiction stuff about quirks first was paranormality (the origin of quirks) then quirk singularity and now quirk evolution
Apr 25, 2019 3:45 AM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

the art still extremely nice tho. also confirmed that liberation army also another stepping stone for villain league like yakuza, considering how easy curious is defeated. well, can't be helped, it was expected.

C'mon Kuma we all knew you were gonna be disappointed regardless.

Its how you are, always looking for something to complain about no matter how minor or irrational. XD

ehh.. i praised early part of this arc.. i mean, liberation army was nice, i only complain about it when they suddenly somehow against villain league which made me remember yakuza arc.. even express my amazement during top hero arc... my rating for BnHA hasn't changed since Joint class A vs Class B arc that it was a let down for me... this development is still within my expectation as i stated... tho i don't see this arc will impress me unless somehow liberation army win, then we could talk again...
KumaApr 25, 2019 3:50 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Apr 25, 2019 4:18 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:

I don't really think Toga winning automatically sets the pace that the league will come out victorious here or at the very least unscathed. And considering everyone thought Toga would lose I think this battle is refreshing. This is definitely set to be an arc of growth for them.

Apr 25, 2019 5:05 AM

Jan 2018
My girl Toga finally getting some attention
Apr 25, 2019 5:49 AM

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Kuma said:

I don't really think Toga winning automatically sets the pace that the league will come out victorious here or at the very least unscathed. And considering everyone thought Toga would lose I think this battle is refreshing. This is definitely set to be an arc of growth for them.

i don't know, i used to like toga character, but after this chapter? not soo much. also if even toga can be like this, i don't see the reason why the rest are not.. considering toga is least powerful character in villain league previously. also the fact that this arc is solely used to be stepping stone for villain league is what bugging me to begin with, soo...

Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

ehh.. i praised early part of this arc.. i mean, liberation army was nice, i only complain about it when they suddenly somehow against villain league which made me remember yakuza arc.. even express my amazement during top hero arc... my rating for BnHA hasn't changed since Joint class A vs Class B arc that it was a let down for me... this development is still within my expectation as i stated... tho i don't see this arc will impress me unless somehow liberation army win, then we could talk again...

As expected, as expected.

come one dude, you didn't try to dialogue anymore.
Apr 25, 2019 6:00 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Kuma said:
Stripes said:

i don't know, i used to like toga character, but after this chapter? not soo much. also if even toga can be like this, i don't see the reason why the rest are not.. considering toga is least powerful character in villain league previously. also the fact that this arc is solely used to be stepping stone for villain league is what bugging me to begin with, soo...

So you just liked her being a crazy psycho with no story? That's flat.

Well considering we don't know the match ups of the other Liberation heads I wouldn't remark it as a "stepping stone" arc. Considering the fact that the liberation army has a bigger narrative in the world building and their own plans that we haven't fully been privy to. I also think the heroes will have to get involved at some point, to what extent and what they're even able to accomplish is up for speculation but seeing arc structure as jumping off points for bigger plots down the line is pretty simple minded don't you think . . . .
Apr 25, 2019 6:15 AM

Mar 2015
Stripes said:
Kuma said:

So you just liked her being a crazy psycho with no story? That's flat.

Well considering we don't know the match ups of the other Liberation heads I wouldn't remark it as a "stepping stone" arc. Considering the fact that the liberation army has a bigger narrative in the world building and their own plans that we haven't fully been privy to. I also think the heroes will have to get involved at some point, to what extent and what they're even able to accomplish is up for speculation but seeing arc structure as jumping off points for bigger plots down the line is pretty simple minded don't you think . . . .

her story is simply she has some screw loses, i don't think that is not flat.

those narrative is trampled to use as to developed villain league. again, same with yakuza arc, on each of it's story, it doesn't that bad, but in the end, those character is simply plot convenience for main antagonist or main protagonist to develop to. they are not characters, they are tools.

Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

come one dude, you didn't try to dialogue anymore.

Well ya kinda keep not giving me any reason too especially since you apparently dislike Toga now for what happened here which sounds like a lame reason to do so.

For instance this is not a power up. Its always been called into question whether she could use other people's quirks and this chapter simply confirms it.

She herself was surprised by this meaning she could do it she just wasn't aware of it.

well, even it's lame for you, it's hurt my enjoyment a lot, since this not what made BnHA good for me.

ehh. even toga herself doesn't know that you know? how could you draw such way of thinking when the character it self isn't? she is the one that has and apply the quirk... and we hasn't showed that she capable of doing so. even during that hero licence arc, it was one of reveal that one of that school rival to UA infiltrated and replaced by toga is that she is not using her quirk.
Apr 25, 2019 6:18 AM

Oct 2017
Kuma said:

I don't think this will end up as a clear stepping stone for the Villain League. Curious was defeated rather easily but she was also working with all the information she had (not knowing Toga had additional abilities to her quirk) which caught her completely off guard. She also had flaws of not finishing her opponent off right away and dragging the battle on to gather information for her "interviews". I'm not going to say we won't get "quirk boosts" for many of the Villain Leagues characters (God I hope not) but I don't think we'll see a complete defeat of the Liberation Army right now if they do lose as I don't see all their executives having a major flaw like Curious but I could be wrong.
Apr 25, 2019 6:24 AM

Jul 2014
DEKU FFS..!! GO AND HUG TOGA, SHE NEEDS THAT..!!
Apr 25, 2019 6:29 AM

Mar 2015
BlaveBliss said:
Kuma said:

I don't think this will end up as a clear stepping stone for the Villain League. Curious was defeated rather easily but she was also working with all the information she had (not knowing Toga had additional abilities to her quirk) which caught her completely off guard. She also had flaws of not finishing her opponent off right away and dragging the battle on to gather information for her "interviews". I'm not going to say we won't get "quirk boosts" for many of the Villain Leagues characters (God I hope not) but I don't think we'll see a complete defeat of the Liberation Army right now if they do lose as I don't see all their executives having a major flaw like Curious but I could be wrong.

same, i would glad if i proven wrong, as i said, it just probability. it's not a complete judgement but again, looking at yakuza arc, it's made me hard to invest again.

also your argument that the upper Liberation army dragging the fight for interviews and "talking" get even bigger impression for Liberation army to be, if anything tbh. because that's the clichest way you could do as villain. something that usually used as a tool to develop more important character (real villain here) and give them character depth. doesn't made them bad automatically, but doesn't made those kind of character any less cheap.

man, this discussion made me remember aizen. goddammit.
Apr 25, 2019 6:38 AM

Jun 2014
Stripes said:
Second I UNHOLY SCREAMED when she transformed into Ochako and maybe it's just me but he really put the FUCK YOU into everyone who was saying she's too psychotic to know what love is. She's out here defending her feelings and I honestly couldn't be more proud of that. And now that it's confirmed that she can use quirks of people she transforms into especially heightened by those she's in love with;;;; good content.

Same, that was really the epic moment in the chapter. Things got a little more interesting and we got to see a different side of Toga.

Crocospect22 said:
DEKU FFS..!! GO AND HUG TOGA, SHE NEEDS THAT..!!

Oh god no no no
Apr 25, 2019 7:48 AM

Apr 2014
man that reporter girl was annoying is was good to she her finally get beat

also toga and her past though and the smiles lol

and now toga quirk has gotten a lot better now she can use the skills of the people she copies

overall good chapter but again that reporter girl was annoying glad shes gone

also hoping with this we get even more toga
"one step at a time"
Apr 25, 2019 8:03 AM
Jul 2018
Wow, how far this magna has fallen. She just used it and with a lame excuse as well "I didn't know how to use ochako's power oh no!!", no way the author would try to show that she was interested in in learning someone's ability and use this part of the quirk? Even if it was "hinted" before, this is an awful buildup just used as a convenient meant of plot armour in the exact time.

> completely beat up
> practically captured
>still manged to beat everyone

I know this is a shounen to hype people up but lol, this is hilarious.

Kuma said:

Thankfully you are right, good thing that only the fanbase doesn't post here and there are some good posts who analyze it properly.

The excuses are hilarious "she wasn't aware of it", lmao. Just in the right time she realized it eh?
removed-userApr 25, 2019 8:10 AM
Apr 25, 2019 8:08 AM

Mar 2015
Slimcoder said:
Kuma said:

same, i would glad if i proven wrong, as i said, it just probability. it's not a complete judgement but again, looking at yakuza arc, it's made me hard to invest again.

also your argument that the upper Liberation army dragging the fight for interviews and "talking" get even bigger impression for Liberation army to be, if anything tbh. because that's the clichest way you could do as villain. something that usually used as a tool to develop more important character (real villain here) and give them character depth. doesn't made them bad automatically, but doesn't made those kind of character any less cheap.

man, this discussion made me remember aizen. goddammit.

"Looking at the Yakuza arc" yeesh whenever you mention the Yakuza arc I get a migraine.

Whenever something bad happens you bring it up like this whole deal with Toga apparently.

This is why I've learned to associate your worry to mean good stuff is happening. If you are not invested then that means this shit is 100% invest worthy.

i mean, i always saying that what made me disliking this arc because it's resemble yakuza arc for me way too much which i heavily dislike. that's the main factor why i dislike it. look, i don't even hate toga, if you digging my post in Licence arc, you will find i praise her. my solely problem is the side character and the plot convenience.

also, that's simply my opinion, if it's not same with you, it's fine. i am not petty enough to like something just because other hate it like you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 25, 2019 8:15 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Digitalexile said:
Wow, how far this magna has fallen. She just used it and with a lame excuse as well "I didn't know how to use ochako's power oh no!!", no way the author would try to show that she was interested in in learning someone's ability and use this part of the quirk? Even if it was "hinted" before, this is an awful buildup just used as a convenient meant of plot armour in the exact time.

> completely beat up
> practically captured

Considering we've only seen Toga use the blood of Camie who have technical quirks like illusion it's not to hard to say she's never had a physically attributed quirk that she can use off hand or by accident like she did just now. Like Deku's was for Monoma it's not as easy as just copying quirks if you don't know how to use them correctly. Besides it's even stated that she was using her quirk to avoid the police and being caught, if at a young age she was only diagnosed with transformation and she was only drinking it from people she was in love with it narrows down the pool.

And it's also stated in her mock designs that this was a power Horikoshi wanted to introduce, I know people want to be skeptical on "if it's not in the story it shouldn't be canon" but people take the character bios as legit so *shrug*

I don't really understand the struggle of comprehending this battle. They wanted to use her as a martyr and get her story because she'd be a good pawn in their uprising, they weren't trying to kill her off the bat.

Apr 25, 2019 8:23 AM
Jul 2018
Stripes said:
Digitalexile said:

> completely beat up
> practically captured

Considering we've only seen Toga use the blood of Camie who have technical quirks like illusion it's not to hard to say she's never had a physically attributed quirk that she can use off hand or by accident like she did just now. Like Deku's was for Monoma it's not as easy as just copying quirks if you don't know how to use them correctly. Besides it's even stated that she was using her quirk to avoid the police and being caught, if at a young age she was only diagnosed with transformation and she was only drinking it from people she was in love with it narrows down the pool.

And it's also stated in her mock designs that this was a power Horikoshi wanted to introduce, I know people want to be skeptical on "if it's not in the story it shouldn't be canon" but people take the character bios as legit so *shrug*

I don't really understand the struggle of comprehending this battle. They wanted to use her as a martyr and get her story because she'd be a good pawn in their uprising, they weren't trying to kill her off the bat.

Yes maybe she has a quirk, yes I know about her mock design, but does it matter? This is convenient writing at its finest, just when a character is in a pinch, you show off the "hidden power" which barely has proper foreshadowing. A similar thing happened in hxh for the new arc and people rightly criticized for it.

Ever since the Eri chapter, Bnha has proved that it doesn't know how to create buildup for anything, which leads to plot convenience. It has happened with Deku's quirks some chapters ago, and now this has again happened. There are good ideas, but they don't really get anywhere when execution is so bad.
Apr 25, 2019 8:56 AM

Sep 2013
By the looks of this dumb stuff, Toga can use Ochako's quirk better than Ochako can. She just splat everyone, in a world were kids can get up just fine after being launched into the 50th floor of a building and fall back to the ground.
Apr 25, 2019 9:02 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Digitalexile said:

Yes maybe she has a quirk, yes I know about her mock design, but does it matter? This is convenient writing at its finest, just when a character is in a pinch, you show off the "hidden power" which barely has proper foreshadowing. A similar thing happened in hxh for the new arc and people rightly criticized for it.

Ever since the Eri chapter, Bnha has proved that it doesn't know how to create buildup for anything, which leads to plot convenience. It has happened with Deku's quirks some chapters ago, and now this has again happened. There are good ideas, but they don't really get anywhere when execution is so bad.

Thinking everything has to be detailed and foreshadowed is a little much. Yeah I'm not a fan of the asspull either but it doesn't take a logical leap to understand the course of actions Toga took here.

Also I still don't understand people's beef with Eri. And you're really not paying attention if you're saying nothing is set up. Almost every plot element in this arc has been set up since the Cultural Festival and some even before chapter 60 from the Liberation Army to the Doctor. Was it because it wasn't spoon fed back to you that you missed it?
Apr 25, 2019 9:14 AM
Jul 2018
Stripes said:
Digitalexile said:

Thinking everything has to be detailed and foreshadowed is a little much. Yeah I'm not a fan of the asspull either but it doesn't take a logical leap to understand the course of actions Toga took here.

Also I still don't understand people's beef with Eri. And you're really not paying attention if you're saying nothing is set up. Almost every plot element in this arc has been set up since the Cultural Festival and some even before chapter 60 from the Liberation Army to the Doctor. Was it because it wasn't spoon fed back to you that you missed it?

I have no problems with "everything" in this arc, I have problems with how creates it major plot points at crucial moments, like Deku's seven quirks, Eri asspull(these two already created controversies before so I am not going into that again), Toga asspull, etc. Looks like fans don't even read posts properly nowadays, sad times.

>Thinking everything has to be detailed and foreshadowed is a little much.

Okay, guess it's my fault for keeping my standards at a normal level for a below average shounen manga, for important plot details to be foreshadowed properly.
Apr 25, 2019 9:51 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Digitalexile said:

Okay, guess it's my fault for keeping my standards at a normal level for a below average shounen manga, for important plot details to be foreshadowed properly.

Your standards are that nothing can happen on the fly and if it's not planned out from eons ago it's trash. Guess everything should be front loaded into chapter one so cucks like you can stop crying about how it wasn't integrated into the plot.

Also lol Deku's 7 quirks guess you didn't go research that one either.

Also it's still a shonen and has those attributes, it's like anytime one of these series does anything like it's contemporaries even if it's explained later it get obliterated for it. Sheesh.
Apr 25, 2019 10:11 AM
Mar 2015
Love Toga's backstory. Too bad she and Deku will never get together
Apr 25, 2019 10:14 AM
Jul 2018
Stripes said:
Digitalexile said:

Your standards are that nothing can happen on the fly and if it's not planned out from eons ago it's trash. Guess everything should be front loaded into chapter one so cucks like you can stop crying about how it wasn't integrated into the plot.

Also it's still a shonen and has those attributes, it's like anytime one of these series does anything like it's contemporaries even if it's explained later it get obliterated for it. Sheesh.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Asspull

there you go, my standards are that won't happen much in the story. But bnha fans have already accepted that below average standard and call criticisms as insults like "cucks like you can stop crying about how it wasn't integrated into the plot"(should probably report this message). "Eons ago", "chapter one" lol, it's like Toga is a new character and bnha doesn't have 220+ chapters to drop proper foreshadowing. Seriously, the excuses are hilarious and please don't quote me anymore, thanks.

And yes, only bnha fans do "research" about this lovely manga, right.

Apr 25, 2019 10:56 AM
Apr 2019
Digitalexile said:
Stripes said:

there you go, my standards are that won't happen much in the story. But bnha fans have already accepted that below average standard and call criticisms as insults like "cucks like you can stop crying about how it wasn't integrated into the plot"(should probably report this message). "Eons ago", "chapter one" lol, it's like Toga is a new character and bnha doesn't have 220+ chapters to drop proper foreshadowing. Seriously, the excuses are hilarious and please don't quote me anymore, thanks.

Except this situation isn't exactly an asspull when this makes sense and has been hinted at by horikoshi in her concept art. It was explained that toga's quirk allows her to transform into other people by ingesting their blood, it never confirms or denies that shes able to use their quirks as well. Coupled by the fact that she apparently has never tried to do so either, because I assume she thought that she could only transform into others and that's it and has never explored other possibilities.

Her being able to use uraraka's quirk (which really isn't hard to use in the first place once you see how uraraka activates it) is because of her constantly watching her (which she stated). Because shes one of the people she loves. You can say this is plot convenience because she used it to (seemingly for now). But asspull? not so much, because it actually works based on how toga's quirk works. But you can think what want, this is just my opinion.
Apr 25, 2019 11:03 AM

Sep 2018
Horikoshi you genius bastard you did it again a could read this chapter for hours its THAT great.....

Cuteness is evil.
well that's just my opinion.....
Apr 25, 2019 11:11 AM
Dec 2016
Wow this forum is a clusterfuck of whining. Really sad.
Apr 25, 2019 11:45 AM

Sep 2014
Another fairytard asspull. Why am I not surprised?
Apr 25, 2019 12:37 PM

Jun 2015
Quirk Evolvement? Hm.. That does open some door up. I hope Horikoshi uses this card as wisely though. Because it could get wrong in a matter of seconds if he uses it as plot's convenience.
Apr 25, 2019 5:09 PM

Dec 2012
yoooooooo I'm so hyped for Toga's power up that was sick. I've been always drawn to Toga and now that I've seen more of her backstory, feelings and reasons to live I think she became my fav villain.

We've seen Quirks evolving and improving before from the Quirk Training at U.A idk why people are reacting as if it's something new... anyways it was a perfect moment to pull that up, specially from someone you wouldn't expect. Thanks again, Horikoshi!

Did that Curious bitch got killed though? I hope so, she is so annoying.
Apr 25, 2019 6:09 PM

Aug 2017
Retolee said:
By the looks of this dumb stuff, Toga can use Ochako's quirk better than Ochako can. She just splat everyone, in a world were kids can get up just fine after being launched into the 50th floor of a building and fall back to the ground.

She didn't use her quirk better than Ochako. Unlike Ochako she just has absolutely no moral compunctions against killing people allowing her to use her abilities to a grisly level of reality no hero should do.

Like that episode of Justice League Unlimited where Lex Luthor was in the Flash's body & threatened to scramble someone's brains out with his super-speed, something the Flash would never do even if its the natural limit of his power.

Also I'm not sure what your talking about with the latter.

dicecop said:

Okay you are just using that so lightly to the point its lost any meaning.

Kai126 said:
Digitalexile said:

Except this situation isn't exactly an asspull when this makes sense and has been hinted at by horikoshi in her concept art. It was explained that toga's quirk allows her to transform into other people by ingesting their blood, it never confirms or denies that shes able to use their quirks as well. Coupled by the fact that she apparently has never tried to do so either, because I assume she thought that she could only transform into others and that's it and has never explored other possibilities.

Her being able to use uraraka's quirk (which really isn't hard to use in the first place once you see how uraraka activates it) is because of her constantly watching her (which she stated). Because shes one of the people she loves. You can say this is plot convenience because she used it to (seemingly for now). But asspull? not so much, because it actually works based on how toga's quirk works. But you can think what want, this is just my opinion.

There we go, what Toga did is not an Asspull. Digital is just using asspull to describe something they don't like, even if it doesn't mean what the word means. Case closed.

Of course they already lost whatever ground they had )if they even had any) by acting like such an arrogant condescending prick.
SlimcoderApr 25, 2019 10:36 PM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 25, 2019 9:50 PM

Sep 2013
Slimcoder said:
Retolee said:

She didn't use her quirk better than Ochako. Unlike Ochako she just has absolutely no moral compunctions against killing people allowing her to use her abilities to a grisly level of reality no hero should do.

Like that episode of Justice League Unlimited where Lex Luthor was in the Flash's body & threatened to scramble someone's brains out with his super-speed, something the Flash would never do even if its the natural limit of his power.

I was just confused to see Toga casually splatting people with a pretty normal drop, when we've seen Bakugo be fine after All Might kneed him to the top of a building, or the Pussycats blowing the students off a cliff.
Apr 25, 2019 10:00 PM
Jul 2018
Slimcoder said:
Retolee said:

dicecop said:

Wow you are just using that so lightly to the point its lost any meaning.

Kai126 said:

There we go, what Toga did is not an Asspull. Digital is just using asspull to describe something they don't like, even if it doesn't mean what the word means. Case closed.

Of course they already lost whatever ground they had )if they even had any) by acting like such an arrogant condescending prick.

"CASE CLOSED"
>using concept art to prove that it's not an asspull
>it never confirms or denies

When there are 200+ chapters but the author forgot to drop hints just because...fans won't mind it and are fine with lazy and convenient writing

Every day this fanbase continues to amaze me.
removed-userApr 25, 2019 10:03 PM
Apr 25, 2019 10:31 PM

Aug 2017
Digitalexile said:
Slimcoder said:

"CASE CLOSED"

When there are 200+ chapters but the author forgot to drop hints just because...fans won't mind it and are fine with lazy and convenient writing

Oh good lord get over yourself, Jesus Christ.

If your saying it could have used more build-up then yeah I can understand that, it is a bit sudden. Even so its not exactly an ability you could easily imply without outright stating.

But to claim it as such a horrible piece of writing that the fans are complete morons for not minding it much or even liking it...... eh that's just way too much.

Especially coming from me, its just immature.
Digitalexile said:
Slimcoder said:

"CASE CLOSED"

Oh good lord get over yourself.

If what your saying is it should have been better foreshadowed then sure it is a bit sudden. Even so its not exactly an ability you could imply or hint without outright stating as well as the fact its a perfectly believable extension of her quirk (that many people have predicted) so its not that out of nowhere.

But to outright call it some horrible thing that the fans who don't mind it or even like it are morons is just...... egh too much.

Honestly especially coming from me, its just immature. If you don't like it fine, but don't start throwing a hissy fit over it & insulting people.

Oh God this is how I've been acting, I should apologize to Kuma.
SlimcoderApr 25, 2019 10:40 PM
I used to be a watchmaker.
Apr 26, 2019 2:49 AM

Aug 2016
Pros: Good to see psycho bitches back story.

Cons: It make's sense that the liberation army would only recruit the weakest of the weak and send them out for the League of Villains to decimate.

Also I'm calling it now, now that psycho can look like and use Ochako's power, she will be trying to replace her completely.
JokerVenturaApr 26, 2019 10:28 AM
“I just spent the last two years thinking that you guys knew more than me about life and I just found out that you guys are just as dumb as me.” “Duh-doy.” “Yeah, duh-doy.”
Apr 26, 2019 6:30 AM

Nov 2016
Toga activating the true power of her Quirk is only a logical consequence imo, otherwise her ability wouldn't be really useful in combat and there was no better time to introduce it than now after elaborating on her backstory. I don't really care about convenient storytelling or not, the mainpurpose of a shounen was fulfilled. It was a pretty touching chapter, can't wait for it to get animated.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Apr 26, 2019 7:58 AM

Jan 2014
And Toga would realize soon she can't copy Deku's quirk because it's a Dud.

Apr 26, 2019 4:30 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Abyhape said:
And Toga would realize soon she can't copy Deku's quirk because it's a Dud.

She'd probably use it more or less as a disguise then for the quirk. Unlike Ochako's it's not something that would've been easy to activate (Monoma explanation with standing as an afterthought)

dicecop said:

Since when did making up friendship powers and natural relizations become the same thing?
Apr 26, 2019 8:11 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
@Digitalexile

Here master of "I have to have everything"

I went back to scavenge for this. Just for you.
Apr 26, 2019 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
It was a really nice chapter. It was nice to get a look at bit Tôga's story and I'm definitely looking forward to the next chapter; Tôga getting new abilities? Count me in!
Apr 26, 2019 9:31 PM
Jul 2018
Stripes said:
@Digitalexile

Didn't I say to stop quoting me unless you actually find some valid foreshadowing in the story regarding Toga, for this context of using other's powers? "one or two updates!!" okay. I don't really want to discuss anymore in this topic unless there is some new information pointed out, thanks.
removed-userApr 26, 2019 9:47 PM
Apr 26, 2019 9:47 PM

Jul 2015
I think that I am loving this arc more and more, especially because its gives more development to the villain's league's integrants, this chapter especially to Toga.

Since Shinsou I always wondered what happen to those people that have quirks that the society usually will see like "villain's like quirks" that actually will end hurting other too easily... so "quirk counseling", interesting. Also, this chapter answer my question of how Toga discovered her quirk and how it work. Know that people's personalities are considerably affected by how their quirks work make me think about other characters, like Bakugou and his explosive personality, Best Jeanist and his love for fashion, Tsuyu who act very calm or Aoyama's extravagant personality. The more I think about it, more it fascinates me.

Besides, the way Toga discovers other capabilities of her quirk had made me remenber when the UA's estudents where training their quirk to make they stronger and get more abilities with it. However, it looks like using the quirk from the person she is copying exhausts the transformation time. (and I think it will have some type of restriction for some quirks like Monoma)

PD: Toga showed me how brutal Ochako's quirk would be if she doesn't have a heroine's ethical values.
Apr 26, 2019 10:33 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Digitalexile said:
Stripes said:
@Digitalexile

Didn't I say to stop quoting me unless you actually find some valid foreshadowing in the story regarding Toga, for this context of using other's powers? "one or two updates!!" okay. I don't really want to discuss anymore in this topic unless there is some new information pointed out, thanks.

I've given you in text source and logical process. I think you'll just be mad no matter what.
Apr 27, 2019 12:06 AM

May 2018
I can't believe how unnerving it was to see Toga basically being pushed to the brink of death and just generally getting that badly beat up since the last chapter. I know she's supposed to be on the villain side but she's kinda endeared to me over time. She's crazy yeah but I still wouldn't want her to be gone from the story.

Her changing into Uraraka made me take it as her last ditch attempt of escaping which was futile so I .felt my gut wrench a little until she managed to use gravity quirk and then plummet that girl down to her death
Apr 27, 2019 1:45 AM

Oct 2017
Toga's quirk is useless since she can't copy Midoriya's quirk(s) anyway.
Apr 27, 2019 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
KatsutoSaki said:
Toga's quirk is useless since she can't copy Midoriya's quirk(s) anyway.
So only because she can't copy Deku's shit her quirk's useless? There are plenty other useful quirks she can copy lol
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Apr 24

13 by ryzxgum »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 373 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 18, 2022

24 by KoniginElle »»
Today, 2:18 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.