Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

One punch man season 2 vs Attack on titan season 3 part 2 - Which will be the best spring anime?

New
Best spring anime?
Attack on titan season 3 part 2
81.7%
One punch man season 2
18.3%
600 votes
Mar 24, 2019 5:47 AM
Apr 2017
Guys which will be the best spring anime opm 2 or aot S3 P2? Imo aot S3 P2 will be the best cause its gonna adapt the best arc in the series meanwhile opm 2 is not looking good right now cause of that trailer J.C Staff released few days ago. Lets hope that at least story adaptation will be good.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 24, 2019 6:20 AM

Apr 2018
I'm a fan of OPM, but I dont like to watch an anime with a shitty animation. So I think AOT will be the best of spring anime.
Mar 24, 2019 2:41 PM
Aug 2017
AoT S3 Part 2 will be the best Spring 2019
Mar 24, 2019 4:57 PM

Dec 2015
Yeah, it's kind of obvious which one will be. If this arc from Shingeki is really what people are talking about, even OPM made by Madhouse wouldn't be better
Mar 24, 2019 8:35 PM

Mar 2012
None of them. Why there is only two choices ?
Mar 25, 2019 8:07 AM
Jul 2018
AoT big time. The arc to be adapted is devastating and its clear that Wit Studio has been working very hard
Mar 25, 2019 8:11 AM

Jan 2019
HaarWyvern said:

There ain't much nominees for best/most popular this season with an exception of Bungou stray dogs III and Fruits basket so as of now the battle is strongest between AOT 3 and OPM for the crown.
Mar 25, 2019 8:17 AM

Mar 2012
-Rogue said:
HaarWyvern said:

There ain't much nominees for best/most popular this season with an exception of Bungou stray dogs III and Fruits basket so as of now the battle is strongest between AOT 3 and OPM for the crown.

Wut ?
Kono oto Tomare is a better manga (by far) than OPM, 7 Seeds too. There are a really average staff on those animes bu I can't say now if the adaptation will be trash or not.
Carol and Tuesday director is Shin'ichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo) and Sarazanmai's one is Ikuhara (Utena/Mawaru). So they could be AOTS too.
There is Diamond no Ace and Mix for sports animes.

I can't understand how you can say that SnK/OPM are the only better anime here.
Most popular probably, but that's all.
And I don't they that as an annoying guy, I'm really disappointed. ^^

Mar 25, 2019 8:39 AM

Jan 2019
HaarWyvern said:

Wut ?
Kono oto Tomare is a better manga (by far) than OPM, 7 Seeds too. There are a really average staff on those animes bu I can't say now if the adaptation will be trash or not.
Carol and Tuesday director is Shin'ichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo) and Sarazanmai's one is Ikuhara (Utena/Mawaru). So they could be AOTS too.

I am not a fan of both of the series so I get where you are coming from but it's going to be hard for any anime to compete with the popularity of major cash cows. It's quite a major asset for them.
While it will be really interesting to see an underrated anime to emerge as the best but they'll have to face unfair rating drops by haters like Kaguya sama or SAO.
Mar 25, 2019 8:58 AM

Mar 2012
-Rogue said:
HaarWyvern said:

Wut ?

I am not a fan of both of the series so I get where you are coming from but it's going to be hard for any anime to compete with the popularity of major cash cows. It's quite a major asset for them.
While it will be really interesting to see an underrated anime to emerge as the best but they'll have to face unfair rating drops by haters like Kaguya sama or SAO.

Sometimes it's just takes time.
I remember in fall when first season of 3-Gatsu was airing. I knew the manga before so I tell to my friend it will be AOTS but anybody look the anime at that time.
It wasn't in top 20 anime of winter 2016 (by popularity) and now it's top 5 and probably 3 in one year. And now the second season is over 9/10 !

And for me it's the same here, it's not because OPM S2 will be most popular right now that he is the AOTY and none of the others animes will became an unavoidable. ^^
Mar 26, 2019 12:19 AM
Mar 2019
HaarWyvern said:
-Rogue said:

Sometimes it's just takes time.
I remember in fall when first season of 3-Gatsu was airing. I knew the manga before so I tell to my friend it will be AOTS but anybody look the anime at that time.
It wasn't in top 20 anime of winter 2016 (by popularity) and now it's top 5 and probably 3 in one year. And now the second season is over 9/10 !

And for me it's the same here, it's not because OPM S2 will be most popular right now that he is the AOTY and none of the others animes will became an unavoidable. ^^
lol it looks like comparing cheese with rotten tomatoes, OPM season 2 is just horrible rubbish, you better not watch the program AOT will be the best
Mar 26, 2019 8:50 AM

Mar 2016
You're forgetting Kimetsu no Yaiba. That show looks dope af. Just saying.

iyeraditya560 said:
aot S3 P2 will be the best cause its gonna adapt the best arc in the series
I disagree with that statement. The next two arc are far superior.
Mar 26, 2019 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
Saying "the best" is not that easy, neither series are actually that good, they are just popular because they are mainstream shows.. You should use word "better" instead ...
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Mar 26, 2019 9:49 AM
Mar 2018
Really? Attack on Titan has lost me as a watcher. That shit has become so stupid and dull, that I can't bear to watch further than the first season. I was hyped for the first season when it aired, because I was stupid and new to anime myself and thought this was the best, so I binged it and then I wanted to know more and looked into the wiki. And that was the point that I couldn't bear watching it anymore. Llike it became standard japanese fantasy, mystery, god worship nonsense, which is not my cup of tea. And the fact that they had to split this season in two, just shows that the show has become an unintelligent cashcow, ripe for the last milking.
And this is just not the case for OP Man in my eyes, because it never really focused on becoming the best. The manga may have had it's hype and anticipation for an anime adaptation, but they still had the better characters (mostly Saitama) which felt unique. And the comedic undertone is something that you can't quite compare Attack on Titan with. So, my best anime could be OP Man 2, but I would have to wait until the season is over to make my judgement. Before would be utter nonsense, given what happened to Darling in The Franchise...
Mar 26, 2019 10:00 AM

Oct 2013
hmmm posting something like this on a opm forum, this would have been a disadvantage for snk s3, but since a lot of people are shitting on opn 2 for its bad animation, that is probably why it is losing in its own backyard.

Mar 26, 2019 7:08 PM

Oct 2017
Haha, OPM lost on its own discussion board.
Mar 26, 2019 8:46 PM
Mar 2019
DonTrumpolino said:
Really? Attack on Titan has lost me as a watcher. That shit has become so stupid and dull, that I can't bear to watch further than the first season. I was hyped for the first season when it aired, because I was stupid and new to anime myself and thought this was the best, so I binged it and then I wanted to know more and looked into the wiki. And that was the point that I couldn't bear watching it anymore. Llike it became standard japanese fantasy, mystery, god worship nonsense, which is not my cup of tea. And the fact that they had to split this season in two, just shows that the show has become an unintelligent cashcow, ripe for the last milking.
And this is just not the case for OP Man in my eyes, because it never really focused on becoming the best. The manga may have had it's hype and anticipation for an anime adaptation, but they still had the better characters (mostly Saitama) which felt unique. And the comedic undertone is something that you can't quite compare Attack on Titan with. So, my best anime could be OP Man 2, but I would have to wait until the season is over to make my judgement. Before would be utter nonsense, given what happened to Darling in The Franchise...
lol you compare the best quality AOT with OPM season 2, which looks worse than rubbish shit, I think you should say that to yourself, wait 4 years for OPM season 2 with the number of episodes 12, it's funny that it even looks like disgusting shit, we just look at when airs later, I want to see your stupid reaction
Mar 26, 2019 9:02 PM

Nov 2017
AOT will probably the most successful one. The animation in the OPM trailer looked... odd. Which really stinks for me because I'm a fan of the manga.
ロード中です...

Mar 27, 2019 2:15 AM
Mar 2018
Lukesterry said:
lol you compare the best quality AOT with OPM season 2, which looks worse than rubbish shit, I think you should say that to yourself, wait 4 years for OPM season 2 with the number of episodes 12, it's funny that it even looks like disgusting shit, we just look at when airs later, I want to see your stupid reaction

Well, first of all. AOT is not the best quality. It's more like a 4K edition of crap, which means shiny and flashy, but in the end just a high standard. Just as My Hero Academia and all the other overhyped shows. Then there is the probably the issue that your are pretty biased to the public opinoin on OPM at the moment, to which I can only say: Think for yourself sometimes, kid! I even enjoy shows that look crap, because they have something in their narrative or characters that are interesting. And the latter AOT is just not able to convince me. Because they are trying to make the characters stand out, but they fail from the teeth clenching, speed lines soaked, at their foes screaming from a mile away industry standards.
And I'm also pretty sure you are confusing "quality" with "personal preference" again, because I doubt that you would be able to see qualities without someone telling you what to think. The meaning of qulaity changes over time, even in 4 years, but for beginners it's easier to see when you watch an anime from the 80's or 90's, which kind of sounds like what Mothers Basement was saying, because Pokemon and Dragonball weren't the highest quality for their time, but that's not what they are about...
Mar 27, 2019 2:20 AM

Nov 2016
How about some other anime ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 4:32 AM

May 2012
FMmatron said:

I don't think there is any anime that can compete with these two unless if you want to count JoJo which started in earlier seasons and still continuing
Mar 27, 2019 4:38 AM

Nov 2016
thepath said:
FMmatron said:

I don't think there is any anime that can compete with these two unless if you want to count JoJo which started in earlier seasons and still continuing

They're obviously the most popular ones, but OP was asking for the best anime.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 27, 2019 7:58 AM
May 2017
As far as actions shows, this seaaon is gonna be a tie between Attack on titan and Kimetsu no Yaiba, although i have a feeling that Kimetsu no Yaiba will be the best one!! Ufotable can do no wrong, as for OPM.... Ehhh
Mar 27, 2019 8:01 AM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
None of them is really going to be AOTS but if i have to choose between the 2, definitly Attack on Titan.
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Mar 27, 2019 8:19 AM

Oct 2013
I wonder what would be the reaction if opm season 2 actually turns out good? I'm not even a fan of opm, but because everyone is shitting on it, I would love for it to prove them wrong.
Mar 28, 2019 3:22 PM
May 2017
thiago52192 said:
Yeah, it's kind of obvious which one will be. If this arc from Shingeki is really what people are talking about, even OPM made by Madhouse wouldn't be better

Eh,. S3 Part 2 will just backstory reveals, and buildup to a single battle (which is fun, I'll admit), then more backstory reveals. Not much happens.

Whereas OPM S2 will have a terrorist running around, a kidnapping, a full on world war start, and even more.

But yes, for most people (no, don't mean you), animation is all that matters, so AOT will automatically be better.
Mar 28, 2019 3:32 PM

Jul 2013
NONE

the best anime of the season will be...............

Miru Tights
I . A M . D E A D !  C O N T I N U E ?

INSERT COIN

May 2017
keragamming said:
I wonder what would be the reaction if opm season 2 actually turns out good? I'm not even a fan of opm, but because everyone is shitting on it, I would love for it to prove them wrong.

Eh, it's only the hardcore sakuga fans who are trashing it. I'm sure most casual fans won't mind, just like they didn't for early Dragon Ball Super's bad animation.

May 2018
AOT will steal the show..but hope is still there for OPM...

xD
Mar 28, 2019 5:49 PM

Oct 2013
NoneNone said:
thiago52192 said:

Eh,. S3 Part 2 will just backstory reveals, and buildup to a single battle (which is fun, I'll admit), then more backstory reveals. Not much happens.

Whereas OPM S2 will have a terrorist running around, a kidnapping, a full on world war start, and even more.

But yes, for most people (no, don't mean you), animation is all that matters, so AOT will automatically be better.

Its the opposite actually, plenty of action at the start then after that we get answers/back story for the last 3 or so episode.
Mar 29, 2019 5:02 AM
Mar 2019
For all those calling aot story trash, the recent arc in the manga will make you think differently. Huge shift in the story which everyone is loving
Mar 29, 2019 6:31 AM
Mar 2019
DonTrumpolino said:
Lukesterry said:

Well, first of all. AOT is not the best quality. It's more like a 4K edition of crap, which means shiny and flashy, but in the end just a high standard. Just as My Hero Academia and all the other overhyped shows. Then there is the probably the issue that your are pretty biased to the public opinoin on OPM at the moment, to which I can only say: Think for yourself sometimes, kid! I even enjoy shows that look crap, because they have something in their narrative or characters that are interesting. And the latter AOT is just not able to convince me. Because they are trying to make the characters stand out, but they fail from the teeth clenching, speed lines soaked, at their foes screaming from a mile away industry standards.
And I'm also pretty sure you are confusing "quality" with "personal preference" again, because I doubt that you would be able to see qualities without someone telling you what to think. The meaning of qulaity changes over time, even in 4 years, but for beginners it's easier to see when you watch an anime from the 80's or 90's, which kind of sounds like what Mothers Basement was saying, because Pokemon and Dragonball weren't the highest quality for their time, but that's not what they are about...
LOL said all of that in your animated garbage level, OPM, CGI, which is bad and sad at GENOS KUN is just a small example of 1 episode that is visible, while the rest of episodes 2 to 12 will contaminate the OPM with your ass and put it in a trash filled with disgusting dirt
Mar 29, 2019 7:19 AM
Mar 2018
Lukesterry said:
LOL said all of that in your animated garbage level, OPM, CGI, which is bad and sad at GENOS KUN is just a small example of 1 episode that is visible, while the rest of episodes 2 to 12 will contaminate the OPM with your ass and put it in a trash filled with disgusting dirt

I have no idea what you just wrote, but I think I'm glad that I didn't.
Mar 31, 2019 10:33 AM
May 2017
keragamming said:

Its the opposite actually, plenty of action at the start then after that we get answers/back story for the last 3 or so episode.

NoneNoneMar 31, 2019 5:43 PM
Mar 31, 2019 10:34 AM
May 2017
Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs said:
I'm a fan of OPM, but I dont like to watch an anime with a shitty animation. So I think AOT will be the best of spring anime.

So you're a fan of sakuga you mean, not One Punch Man? Might as well be honest.

Mar 31, 2019 10:46 AM
May 2017
Singanoble2 said:
lol it looks like comparing cheese with rotten tomatoes, OPM season 2 is just horrible rubbish, you better not watch the program AOT will be the best

For sakuga whores? Sure. For actual story and characters? Not a chance, no wonder most fans didn't stay for Season 2 and 3.
Mar 31, 2019 10:51 AM

Oct 2017
Attack on Titan and not just for the animation side. Story wise this was a great arc and when AOT third favorite arc only beaten by the ones that come after it. If AOT gets a great ending could end up as one of my favorite action shonen's ever.

OPM story, comedy and character wise isn't that great compared to ONE's other work in Mob Psycho 100. Still enjoyable but the animation is what really made it. Some people have said the story for OPM gets better so maybe after this season I will get into the manga. Still kinda disappointed that it was OPM that hit the big mainstream and not Mob Psycho.
BilboBaggins365Mar 31, 2019 10:54 AM
Mar 31, 2019 10:59 AM

Sep 2018
We will get the 3. best Manga arc that only gets topped by arcs to come in S4 and beyond from SnK with the same quality in animation and probaly the best action in any SnK Season so far.
It will mindblow every anime only and gets the Plot from a good Human vs Titan Plot to something really special
Prediction in score 8/10

And than we got OPM wich had a good first Season with some flaws but still enjoyable (mostly because amazing animation and Parody) that now is animated as bad as Tokyo Ghoul : re so i doubt it will live up to its Season one even though the plot gets better
Prediction in score 5.5-6/10

Both wont be AOTY but SnK maybe will be AOTS we will see how the rest turns out
-Mullerio-Mar 31, 2019 11:08 AM
Mar 31, 2019 11:10 AM

Oct 2013
@NoneNone

Easy with the spoilers there might, you have to keep in mind not everyone read the manga.

Not sure why you are saying it is a single battle, as if it is a small fight. Its basically a war between titan shifters and Eren and company and then the basement reveal, you know the one that everyone has been looking forward to since the first season.

You may not have liked what happen in this arc, but to others especially for anime only they are going to finally get the answers they have been waiting for since 2013 and if the animation is done right the fights will be amazing.

A lot of people like opm for its sakuga and if j.c staff doesn't deliver on that it is not going to do well.

Ironically the arc in the 2nd season is better than the first season because it actually has a story compare to season 1, so I'm looking forward to how it is done.
Mar 31, 2019 6:19 PM
May 2017
keragamming said:
@NoneNone

Easy with the spoilers there might, you have to keep in mind not everyone read the manga.

Not sure why you are saying it is a single battle, as if it is a small fight. Its basically a war between titan shifters and Eren and company and then the basement reveal, you know the one that everyone has been looking forward to since the first season.

You may not have liked what happen in this arc, but to others especially for anime only they are going to finally get the answers they have been waiting for since 2013 and if the animation is done right the fights will be amazing.

A lot of people like opm for its sakuga and if j.c staff doesn't deliver on that it is not going to do well.

Ironically the arc in the 2nd season is better than the first season because it actually has a story compare to season 1, so I'm looking forward to how it is done.

Sorry about that, fixed the spoilers.

I think we're just debating the difference between fight (just violence), battle (many combatants of comparable strength fighting for long duration), and war (not sure exactly how to define it, but personally I wouldn't call even D-Day a war, part of one, yes, but not on its own).

Yes, many anime only's have been waiting for answers, and yeah, Wit will probably deliver on the animation. While we can argue all day about OPM Season 1 vs AOT, OPM Season 2 will never compare. And if many OPM fans drop Season 2 because there isn't enough sakuga? That's quite a sad state of things, goes to show little they actually care about the series (though not sure AOT S2 would have done much better with average quality animation).

Yes, regardless of what anyone says about Season 1' comedy, Season 2 is where the actual story begins. And to think not even the manga has covered the best parts of the original webcomic yet. But yes, Season 2 is make or break for the OPM anime. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Mar 31, 2019 6:50 PM

Oct 2013
NoneNone said:
keragamming said:
@NoneNone

Sorry about that, fixed the spoilers.

I think we're just debating the difference between fight (just violence), battle (many combatants of comparable strength fighting for long duration), and war (not sure exactly how to define it, but personally I wouldn't call even D-Day a war, part of one, yes, but not on its own).

Yes, many anime only's have been waiting for answers, and yeah, Wit will probably deliver on the animation. While we can argue all day about OPM Season 1 vs AOT, OPM Season 2 will never compare. And if many OPM fans drop Season 2 because there isn't enough sakuga? That's quite a sad state of things, goes to show little they actually care about the series (though not sure AOT S2 would have done much better with average quality animation).

Yes, regardless of what anyone says about Season 1' comedy, Season 2 is where the actual story begins. And to think not even the manga has covered the best parts of the original webcomic yet. But yes, Season 2 is make or break for the OPM anime. We'll have to see how it turns out.

Just to let you know that I'm not a fan of opm, but I like what comes after the manga, because it actually has story and the focus was on other characters, though I lost interest in the later chapters because they just felt like one fight after another.

I hope season 2 wont be as bad as what the trailer was indicating.
Mar 31, 2019 8:17 PM

Nov 2018
Attack on titan trailer looked way better
Apr 1, 2019 4:42 AM

Feb 2018
Opm s2 ll seemingly be a shity adaptation, whereas the Snk trailer looked pretty good, and it ll adapt the best part of the manga, so the answer should be obvious.
Apr 1, 2019 4:56 AM

Aug 2017
I prefer one punch man as a show but we all know as for quality AOT will be better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 1, 2019 4:58 AM

May 2014
I'm not the biggest OPM fan, so i don't think i'll even be watching season 2 . AOT 3 will probably be one of the best of the season for me.
Apr 1, 2019 5:42 AM

Jan 2017
Isekai quartet of course.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Apr 1, 2019 6:31 AM

Aug 2018
Bungo Stray Dogs FTW
Can I offer you an egg is this trying time?
Apr 1, 2019 2:27 PM

Aug 2017
Popularity ≠ quality.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Apr 1, 2019 6:27 PM
Nov 2015
i havent seen any of diamond no ace but probably that tbh
Apr 2, 2019 1:08 AM

May 2015
If we're talking flat out best then I'm honestly looking forward to the PA Works anime and Kimetsu no Yaiba this season.

Between these two though I fully expect AOT to be the better series. I didn't like the first season of OPM much regardless of the animation and now it has less of its selling point for me so it's gonna have to make me actually care about what is going on instead of just being what it was.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

390 by FarCritical »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

202 by FarCritical »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 18, 2019

201 by FarCritical »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 11, 2019

187 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 11:30 AM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - May 28, 2019

236 by FarCritical »»
May 15, 10:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.