Apr 2018
disappointed, the animation looks worse than Tokyo ghoul:Re
Mar 19, 2019 1:23 AM

Apr 2018
Anime = animation
Bad animation = Bad anime
Mar 19, 2019 1:25 AM

Jun 2015
Always funny to see people say 'aNiMaTiOn DoEsN't MaTtEr' now proceeds to hate the shit outta something for bad animation. Dudes chill the fuck out. It looks fine and even if it didn't who cares as if animation is the most important thing in anime.

Story is still gonna be good, it's still gonna be funny. Chill
In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful. | You know what I hate the most? People who aren't free. They're no more than cattle.
Mar 19, 2019 1:39 AM

Jul 2016
I think J.C Staff meme just become more and more legit especially with how bad the latest episode of Index III looks like lol.

ShaDanDan said:
Are they just lazy to produce a decent animation for a popular anime like OPM, or just a budget issue?
Why would someone decide to mess up with a promising "product" that would benefit them?!

It was the production schedule issue that the art/animations was bad since J.C Staff overworked themselves by working on MORE THAN 10 ANIME SERIES THIS YEAR.
Mar 19, 2019 1:39 AM
Feb 2012
animation does matter because if it didn't then the majority of users would have manga days>anime days
Mar 19, 2019 1:54 AM

Jan 2019
My expectations were as low as they could get, and I'm still disappointed. That hybrid CGI abomination Genos will haunt my dreams.

pls rember that wen u feel scare or frigten
never forget ttimes wen u feeled happy

wen day is dark alway rember happy day
Mar 19, 2019 1:57 AM

Feb 2018
Takamura-sama said:
Always funny to see people say 'aNiMaTiOn DoEsN't MaTtEr' now proceeds to hate the shit outta something for bad animation. Dudes chill the fuck out. It looks fine and even if it didn't who cares as if animation is the most important thing in anime.

Just asking. If season 1 have bad art and animation. Do you think it will have popularity as now? No. Thats why animation is matter. If we just want the story. Manga is even better option then anime even have better artstyle from Yusuke Murata.
Mar 19, 2019 3:41 AM

Dec 2014
Genos baby I'm so sorry they made you so ugly
Mar 19, 2019 3:54 AM

Dec 2018
Well at least we have Mob Psycho 100

This really is terrible though. What happens when you give your heavily action shounen to a studio who's biggest claim to shounen are goddamn slice of life comedies.
Mar 19, 2019 4:06 AM
Jan 2018
Lol this is very funny, it seems the animation is on a level with Dragon ball super plus cheap CGI, thank you very much for giving this crap for 4 years waiting and this is what we got 12 episodes with CGI bullshit
Mar 19, 2019 4:10 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Honestly, I’m not too ticked off by this PV as most others are. Perhaps it’s becuase I’ve lowered my expectation of this in the first place though but I really hope they make up for this downgrade in animation with some wonderful direction and storytelling. Got to say though, the lack of action scenes in this PV, overused black screening and the jarring CGI, especially that Genos part, is really worrisome.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 19, 2019 4:19 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
Honestly, I’m not too ticked off by this PV as most others are. Perhaps it’s becuase I’ve lowered my expectation of this in the first place though but I really hope they make up for this downgrade in animation with some wonderful direction and storytelling. Got to say though, the lack of action scenes in this PV, overused black screening and the jarring CGI, especially that Genos part, is really worrisome.
That was because from the beginning JC didn't match the anime worship battle, I wanted them to delay the adaptation rather than having to see the garbage CGI
Mar 19, 2019 4:28 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
MudaMudaGioGio said:
_MushiRock11_ said:
That was because from the beginning JC didn't match the anime worship battle, I wanted them to delay the adaptation rather than having to see the garbage CGI

I’d loved to see them delay this project too but honestly I doubt it would have mattered unless we’re talking about a year from now or so of course. J.C. Staff is working for up to 10-15 shows this year, as in from Winter 2019 to Winter 2020 alone, so it’s obviously impossible for them to match that peak of god-tier sakuga Animation as you mentioned. I don’t think the Production Comittee who decided to give this project on to J.C. Staff in the first place even care about this, lol. And yeah, that was some really poor garbage according to One Punch Man standards.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Mar 19, 2019 4:37 AM

Mar 2015
I miss the old Saitama.... the madhouse Saitama...
Mar 19, 2019 4:38 AM

Feb 2017
Animation-wise clearly inferior to season 1. All the staffs were changed except the script-writer, so much materials to condensed for one-cour (and I hope it's not), wish you good luck jc staff
ReeeiMar 19, 2019 4:41 AM
Mar 19, 2019 4:44 AM

Sep 2014
Thats.. bad. But not as bad as I had expected.

Then again.. its only a PV. And afaik only 2 or 3 episodes are done by now, it will probably get worse than this.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 19, 2019 4:51 AM
Jan 2018
_MushiRock11_ said:
MudaMudaGioGio said:

I’d loved to see them delay this project too but honestly I doubt it would have mattered unless we’re talking about a year from now or so of course. J.C. Staff is working for up to 10-15 shows this year, as in from Winter 2019 to Winter 2020 alone, so it’s obviously impossible for them to match that peak of god-tier sakuga Animation as you mentioned. I don’t think the Production Comittee who decided to give this project on to J.C. Staff in the first place even care about this, lol. And yeah, that was some really poor garbage according to One Punch Man standards.
the problem here seems to be that they want to destroy the most popular works intentionally, just think it makes no sense when they give OPM projects to anime studios with tight schedules, there are still other better and better studios out there and they look like deliberately want to sink the OPM to the bottom of the ocean
Mar 19, 2019 5:00 AM
Jan 2018
Reeei said:
Animation-wise clearly inferior to season 1. All the staffs were changed except the script-writer, so much materials to condensed for one-cour (and I hope it's not), wish you good luck jc staff
summarizing the story just because the show will run 1 cour is also wrong because it will damage the story
Mar 19, 2019 5:19 AM
May 2018
Well, I'm glad I read the manga rather than waiting for this trash.
Mar 19, 2019 5:19 AM

Jul 2017
Meh... I was expecting something as mediocre as this already for a long time. But it's completely bearable for me and i'll still watch it with a clear mind nevertheless.
Mar 19, 2019 5:41 AM

Mar 2018
Time to read the manga
poop
Mar 19, 2019 6:01 AM

Jul 2009
J.C Staff, destroying sequels one at a time!
Mar 19, 2019 6:10 AM

Apr 2015
this is insulting

JC Staff is just another Studio Pierrot
Mar 19, 2019 6:30 AM
Jan 2018
MahiaErebeaNegi said:
I think J.C Staff meme just become more and more legit especially with how bad the latest episode of Index III looks like lol.

ShaDanDan said:
Are they just lazy to produce a decent animation for a popular anime like OPM, or just a budget issue?
Why would someone decide to mess up with a promising "product" that would benefit them?!

It was the production schedule issue that the art/animations was bad since J.C Staff overworked themselves by working on MORE THAN 10 ANIME SERIES THIS YEAR.

sure but i haven't heard anything wrong with danmachi movie . animation wise
Mar 19, 2019 6:32 AM
Apr 2018
Dislike the trailer as much as you can so that they consider postponing it and making it better.
I dont want to watch OPM like a PowerPoint presentation.
Mar 19, 2019 6:32 AM
May 2016
We're getting this show right off of the heels off of Mob Psycho season 2 and THIS is the best they could do? Good lord... Time to read the manga.
Mar 19, 2019 6:35 AM

Sep 2016
OPM 2 IS DOOMED
Thanks a lot JC
Mar 19, 2019 6:46 AM

Jan 2017
YIKES! Definitely looks shaky but lets keep an open mind until ep 1 at least.
Mar 19, 2019 7:05 AM
May 2016
VanishingKira said:
the reaction to S2's PV just goes to show you how much people only liked s1 cause the sakuga

You can't see where people are coming from? Whether you're a sakuga fan or not, this is a huge step down from season 1. The anime was a perfect vehicle to show the creativity of modern freelance animators and that also hugely added to the quality of the show, remember anime is a VISUAL medium. There is no reason at this point not to read the manga if season 2 is a lazy, rushed adaptation, especially if you've seen how phenomenally good Murata's art actually is.
Mar 19, 2019 7:18 AM

Oct 2013
VanishingKira said:
the reaction to S2's PV just goes to show you how much people only liked s1 cause the sakuga

I don't think much people watch it for its complex plot lol, but instead for its sakuga/comedy, which is why I wasn't a big fan of this series to begin with. But hey, op man is known for its great action scene both in the manga and first season, j.c staff is taking away the very reason why the first season was so popular.
Mar 19, 2019 7:32 AM

Sep 2011
I think whats truly a shame is that the stuff this 2nd season will adapt is high and far better than what came before it, most of S1 is when One was just making a gag manga with a single joke but this is around the time he starts to develop something closer to an overarching plot with the murata remake adding loads of personality and extended character screentime to it. To see it get shafted so badly with what looks to be a rather poor adaptation is pretty unfortunate.

Comparing this to the mob psycho episode that just aired too just really highlights how tragic this s2 is.

Takamura-sama said:

who the hell says animation doesnt matter? Its literally the defining aspect of the entire medium, sure a good story and script is more important and theres plenty of good to great anime out there with minimal movement or even fairly poor looking art but opm is a series that boasts flair and bombastic imagery that requires good animation or detailed art to capture that sense of insanity unless they are going for the original style look of One's drawings which are heavily reliant on irony to exemplify the humor which the mob psycho adaptation successfully finds middle ground on.

VanishingKira said:
Well yes, good fight choreogrophy and animation is a fairly crucial aspect to an action series. Even then its just tragic to see a series look worse than a predecessor regardless of genre take for example something gintama which still has a good sense of humor and plot but the drastic decrease in visual quality in its final couple seasons even if it wasnt particularly super noteworthy before is still a hard hit to the overall experience especially when it comes to action scenes

Saying people only liked it for the animation like its a slight at the show's substance is like saying people only like music shows like nana, beck, or kids on the slope for their soundtracks, like no shit yeah its part of the genre.
JizzyHitlerMar 19, 2019 7:42 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 19, 2019 7:36 AM

Oct 2016
after rewatching it a couple more times I can say that there might be a little bit of hope.
they can still add more detail to it.
Mar 19, 2019 7:43 AM

Sep 2011
Maitoz said:
after rewatching it a couple more times I can say that there might be a little bit of hope.
it airs in like 2 weeks, there isnt any time to change things, if anything if they havent turned in the episodes to air by now thats just a sign that production is behind and will reflect even more poorly on the later episodes.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 19, 2019 7:46 AM

Mar 2016
I've seen parts of the new Food Wars season and I never thought they would apply those techniques to OPM... Now I'm depressed.
Mar 19, 2019 7:46 AM

Oct 2013
JizzyHitler said:
Maitoz said:
it airs in like 2 weeks, there isnt any time to change things, if anything if they havent turned in the episodes to air by now thats just a sign that production is behind and will reflect even more poorly on the later episodes.

The scary part is that a trailer is suppose to get you hype, the anime staff would cherry pick the best scene to get people hype for the new season, if this si the best they can find, including those 5 seconds awkward black screen of death in the trailer, then you know that a disaster is most likely coming.

@tzarye14 What techniques?
Mar 19, 2019 7:47 AM
Aug 2018
JC without Staff would never deliver a great animation.
Mar 19, 2019 8:05 AM

Oct 2013
I'm still sad about what they did to my robo-bae, CGI and everything, but after reading all these comments I was expecting to see the worst thing ever, a true abomination... and this PV ain't it. It's not the quality of season one, that's for sure, but it doesn't look THAT bad, and it definitely doesn't suggest the DBS levels of crap. It wouldn't be the first mediocre adaptation of the stuff I like. In the worst case I'll just stop watching it. And I can always re-read the manga. And who knows - maybe the later seasons will be animated by a different studio?

Maitoz said:

On an unrelated note, who and what series is on your avatar? I really like the art style.
Mar 19, 2019 8:07 AM

Mar 2016
@keragamming Appearently it's called "The slideshow technique". Looks great in OPM S2.
Mar 19, 2019 8:11 AM

Feb 2018
JizzyHitler said:
Maitoz said:

There is rumor that they just finish 2 episode before this month while mob psycho 100 complete all of the episode before airing time. Even Fire Force which will be airing on Summer already have PV with actual animation and is really great
Mar 19, 2019 8:16 AM

Oct 2016
Airsaber said:
I'm still sad about what they did to my robo-bae, CGI and everything, but after reading all these comments I was expecting to see the worst thing ever, a true abomination... and this PV ain't it. It's not the quality of season one, that's for sure, but it doesn't look THAT bad, and it definitely doesn't suggest the DBS levels of crap. It wouldn't be the first mediocre adaptation of the stuff I like. In the worst case I'll just stop watching it. And I can always re-read the manga. And who knows - maybe the later seasons will be animated by a different studio?

Maitoz said:

On an unrelated note, who and what series is on your avatar? I really like the art style.

Its Dal Dal From Girls of the wild manhwa, its a fun read give it a try.
Mar 19, 2019 8:31 AM
Jul 2017
Would have preferred Pierrot animation over this
Mar 19, 2019 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah, I won't be watching this now, as that looks awful. Now, I'm normally not one to get too annoyed over bad animation (I'm enjoying Date A Live 3 at the moment despite its issues in that department), but there's little else I actually enjoyed about OPM besides the animation. The humour wasn't ever too funny and actually got annoying after a while, so without the good animation more attention is just gonna be drawn to that instead.
Mar 19, 2019 8:40 AM

Sep 2011
gadboyz said:
JizzyHitler said:

There is rumor that they just finish 2 episode before this month while mob psycho 100 complete all of the episode before airing time. Even Fire Force which will be airing on Summer already have PV with actual animation and is really great
thats believable, granted using mob psycho and most bones shows as an contrastic example is a bit unfair cause those guys are ridiculous when it comes to good scheduling.

The thing with opm is the change in staff would hurt the series simply cause the only reason s1 was so good looking was Natsume Shingo has connections to a ton of animators. I do feel kind of bad for the new crew cause they were screwed no matter what especially in J.C. staff where they have taken on WAY too many shows at once so the teams cant assist the other cause they are all too busy on their own works.

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 19, 2019 8:58 AM

Jun 2017
I really want to see One's reaction if this turns out to be trash.
http://steinsgate.jp/10th/ FGO:591,495,201 (NA)
Mar 19, 2019 9:09 AM

Jul 2014
JizzyHitler said:
Maitoz said:

Word on road is that they’ve only cleared 2 ep it’s going to be a big mess.
"I only studied a little bit of history and I have learned there are two current thoughts in human history. The opinion that there are things worth more than human life and the opinion that there is nothing preferable to life. When the war begins, it is on the pretext of the former type of people and it justify the latter when the war ends"
Mar 19, 2019 9:13 AM
Jan 2018
Wait people expected the same quality as season 1 even though they knew that it was a different studio and staff ... How does that work the first sign would be the directer from season 1 not doing it . Which I heard he was pretty much the main reason season 1 was what it was
Mar 19, 2019 9:17 AM
Feb 2016
Well holy shit that was laughable. That fight animation is laughable for a series of this caliber. All the stills and black screens are already making me worried for what else is to come. Not only that, but Genos WTF happened to you!!!

Madhouse, please get this series back from JC Staff. All they've done to popular shows is kill them off and ruin them (SnS, Index 3, DAL 3, and other big names). If they get DxD with all the recent rumor news of there being a different studio doing season 5 if it's still happening, then I've given up hope
Mar 19, 2019 9:24 AM

Jun 2015
Sasuga JC Staff looks just as garbage as expected.
Mar 19, 2019 9:34 AM
Jul 2018
It's funny, cause when you look at a show like My Hero Academia, Bones purposely delayed the season so they could get more time to interpret the manga, cause the panels of My Hero Academia in the upcoming arc are extremely difficult to interpret.

But then, why gives One Punch Man to an inexperienced staff? Rarely good shows come out nowadays and why fuck up a potential super hit?
Mar 19, 2019 9:38 AM
Jul 2018
J.C. Staff has great animation, that's undeniable. I mean look at they're other shows. They're amazing. But then what's happening with One Punch Man is the inexperience in action sequences is revealing itself in J.C Staff. It's a huge downgrade. If I were to be honest, you might as well just delay this season and get a redo. Cause, hand drawn animation is the only thing that'll live upto One Punch Man, everything hand drawn. No CGI shit. The only good animation I found in the trailer was that explosion which looked AMAZING. Otherwise nothing much else to praise. Even the character designs are off.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2019

389 by THEBIGNOODLER »»
Apr 10, 2:30 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - Jun 25, 2019

200 by Craneface »»
Mar 28, 2:52 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

xShinigami3125 - May 7, 2019

244 by scorpioniclibra »»
Mar 14, 3:26 PM

Poll: » One Punch Man 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

xShinigami3125 - Apr 23, 2019

367 by Dr_tardo »»
Feb 21, 6:24 PM

» Bro deadass nearly died

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 17

3 by Mei-o_Scarlett »»
Jan 17, 3:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.