Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
That Time I got Reincarnated as a Slime
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2019 9:59 AM
Jan 2018
[quote=PietTee]
Fede_5000 said:
I can not believe, I expected them to show that scene
they could have done an incredible final, but NO, they decided to ruin it with a summary and occupy two episodes of the season for some stupid extras.

if they will ad that scene it might be from veldora's perspective

They won't do that scene
Mar 11, 2019 10:03 AM

Nov 2015
It actually makes perfect sense that this is how the anime comes to its conclusion. If 8bit decided to include Hinata vs Rimuru, they would also have to continue all the way to
which is simply impossible considering only two more episodes remain.

Anything less than that would be a truly bad way to end the show.
Mar 11, 2019 10:06 AM
Jan 2018
Kinoxi said:
It actually makes perfect sense that this is how the anime comes to its conclusion. If 8bit decided to include Hinata vs Rimuru, they would also have to continue all the way to
which is simply impossible considering only two more episodes remain.

Anything less than that would be a truly bad way to end the show.

Plus she doesn't have a VA
Mar 11, 2019 10:08 AM

Jan 2013
Cheap ass episode.
They basically slapped our faces with a fucking recap.
Mar 11, 2019 10:09 AM
Nov 2018
Dropping from 10 to 6 or 7
Mar 11, 2019 10:09 AM

Nov 2016
Wtf with this nonsense recap, this episode was garbage. They skip a lot of chapter just for #;'$&_#-#(
Mar 11, 2019 10:12 AM
Jan 2018
CondemneDio said:
Cheap ass episode.
They basically slapped our faces with a fucking recap.

That's what happens when it's a conclusion and stabbing there foot for Rushing to this point
Mar 11, 2019 10:12 AM

Dec 2018
Fede_5000 said:
@Jfs_Jfsjfsjfs rather frustrated the anime lost the opportunity to silence the mouths of their own haters, but I would be much more disappointed if they do not announce a second season, which I hope will adapt all the points that skipped, especially the fight with Hinata.

Remember, the industry itself =/= some questionable-quality stories about "another world". Never.

The first half until the orc disaster was well adapted regardless of whether the writing was good or not, they put in a lot of detail and took their time, after that it was a typical rushing of the manga
Mar 11, 2019 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
so the anime is over, pretty weak ending tbh, I hope the next filler episode is good.
Sadly it went from 7 to 6 now for me, if the ending sucks thats a disappointment.
Mar 11, 2019 10:14 AM

Feb 2018
Ugh wtf half the episode was recap bs

And why do i feel like rimuru was being irresponsible when that spirit inhabited chloe aubert,Things might not end well for her.
Mar 11, 2019 10:19 AM
Jan 2018
Why did they add a recap for. There was like another chapter before that they could have at least added a glimpse at the other kingdom
Mar 11, 2019 10:24 AM

Sep 2016
Using a recap to end the main story isn't a good idea
I would rather they took these last 3 or more eps to progress the show and ends with
Mar 11, 2019 10:26 AM

Feb 2019
The ending is appropriate as was the tone of the anime, partly I agree with gigguk that this story is the opposite of overlord since Rimuru has no intention of conquering the world or fight with monsters or demon kings, nor be the best in something, simply maked a peaceful town and bring the legacy of shizu with him (or her if the author had decided to change the gender to reinforce that message as they did in kuishinbo elf)
anyway we have the episode of Veldora who was the favorite character of all even though we only saw it for a short time.
In the second season we will enter fully into the real plot of wars and many combats with strategies.
Mar 11, 2019 10:28 AM
Jan 2018
cities516 said:
Using a recap to end the main story isn't a good idea
I would rather they took these last 3 or more eps to progress the show and ends with

They wernt going to go past the manga
Mar 11, 2019 10:31 AM

Sep 2018
First they adapt spirit summoning very well, then they completly skip Beretta and then tey tease me with Diablo..... God damn it!!!
well that's just my opinion.....
Mar 11, 2019 10:36 AM

Sep 2018
Fede_5000 said:

Remember, the industry itself =/= some questionable-quality stories about "another world". Never.

The first half until the orc disaster was well adapted regardless of whether the writing was good or not, they put in a lot of detail and took their time, after that it was a typical rushing of the manga

Yeah after Orc Disaster they just went skiping on good parts and rushing the plot, i thought they wanna end the season with rimuru vs hinata (like a cliffhanger) but in the end they did nothing
Mar 11, 2019 10:38 AM
Jan 2018
Farmaceut said:
Fede_5000 said:

Yeah after Orc Disaster they just went skiping on good parts and rushing the plot, i thought they wanna end the season with rimuru vs hinata (like a cliffhanger) but in the end they did nothing

They planned on not going past the manga so we never would have got the fight anyway.
Mar 11, 2019 10:42 AM

Feb 2017
Farmaceut said:
Fede_5000 said:

the anime blew the orc disaster vs rimuru and they did nthn in the finale😂
thank goodness I have ramiris to cheer me up~
and diablo in the end is epic! Sakurai Takahiro is a Beast! ep 24 will be Fabulous!
Mar 11, 2019 10:45 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Chikenfrieds said:
The ending is appropriate as was the tone of the anime, partly I agree with gigguk that this story is the opposite of overlord since Rimuru has no intention of conquering the world or fight with monsters or demon kings, nor be the best in something, simply maked a peaceful town and bring the legacy of shizu with him (or her if the author had decided to change the gender to reinforce that message as they did in kuishinbo elf)
anyway we have the episode of Veldora who was the favorite character of all even though we only saw it for a short time.
In the second season we will enter fully into the real plot of wars and many combats with strategies.

Much agreed 🧐 For a show that is basically the Yuru Camp of Isekai, why would anyone expect the season to end on an explosive or cliffhanger note? Changing the entire vibe of what had come before just to throw a hook for S2 would be much more disappointing IMO.
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Mar 11, 2019 10:46 AM

Sep 2018
nina444 said:
Farmaceut said:

and diablo in the end is epic! Sakurai Takahiro is a Beast! ep 24 will be Fabulous!

Yeah Diablo saved this episode for me i was soo angry when they skiped Beretta tho i didnt mind soo much that recap montage-it was nice(and song sounded great). I too adore Anime Ramiris she's just soo damn cute.
Mar 11, 2019 10:54 AM

Dec 2014
ok like this seemed like a last episode..glad that there are two more
Mar 11, 2019 10:54 AM

Feb 2017
Farmaceut said:
nina444 said:

Yeah Diablo saved this episode for me i was soo angry when they skiped Beretta tho i didnt mind soo much that recap montage-it was nice(and song sounded great). I too adore Anime Ramiris she's just soo damn cute.

Ikr , that insert/montage song is really soothing .
ramiris best girl hands down , though I kinda disappointed cuz the anime failed to fully depict ramiris awesomeness .
beauty and knowledge👈😂 that's the keywords here lol
Mar 11, 2019 10:59 AM

Feb 2017
gappasaurus said:
Chikenfrieds said:

Much agreed 🧐 For a show that is basically the Yuru Camp of Isekai, why would anyone expect the season to end on an explosive or cliffhanger note? Changing the entire vibe of what had come before just to throw a hook for S2 would be much more disappointing IMO.

because that's how ppl see things for ages son , we live in a society😂
Lab_Rat_0978Mar 11, 2019 11:07 AM
Mar 11, 2019 11:01 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Instead of all the haters and babies whining about what DIDN’T happen in this episode, why dont we be happy with what was presented: a happy wrap-up for the anime-only viewers, and for the in-the-know LN & manga readers, appearances of
which add up to a message from the production team clearly stating that “Yes, we know what was left out, but here’s what is still yet to come, so please be patient!”.
gappasaurusAug 27, 2019 11:07 AM
Mar 11, 2019 11:01 AM

Sep 2018
nina444 said:
Farmaceut said:

ramiris best girl hands down , though I kinda disappointed cuz the anime failed to fully depict ramiris awesomeness .

Yeah Ramiris is too pure for this world, also cant wait to see my favorite dungeon team/group
FarmaceutMar 11, 2019 11:05 AM
Mar 11, 2019 11:02 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
A pretty mediocre series, second half ruined everything for me.

6/10
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Mar 11, 2019 11:05 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
nina444 said:
gappasaurus said:

because that's how ppl see isekai for ages son , we live in a society😂

And so they throw a fit when it doesn’t meet their homogeneous expectations? SMH 😑
Mar 11, 2019 11:20 AM

Dec 2011
Noooo!!
It's over :(
Well the last 2 episodes will be filers or extra and i hope this anime will get a season 2.
Mar 11, 2019 11:22 AM

Feb 2017
Farmaceut said:
nina444 said:

Yeah Ramiris is too pure for this world, also cant wait to see my favorite dungeon team/group

they're the best player killers in the world! laughing coffin - sword art online is nthn compared to em lol
Mar 11, 2019 11:28 AM

Apr 2013
Liked it. And they even stopped being subtle about Chloe. Guessing her magic is Time though?
Mar 11, 2019 11:29 AM
Apr 2016
Ah, the kids were saved, expected. A lot of recap, but it very well shew how well their world developed since Rimuru came. Good quiet episode.
Mar 11, 2019 11:31 AM
Jun 2012
I was fine with the whole episode. I'm only annoyed that they just breezed past the Beretta part. They had plenty of time of the episode to show that dialogue, it was a small part that they could have squeezed in.
Mar 11, 2019 12:03 PM

Jul 2017
10 mins of actual content, the rest was pretty much dragged out recap.

Trash episode. Slime peaked at Shizu’s death. It was relatively decent up until the Orc Lords arc and it goes downhill after that.

The show has too many one dimensional characters, no tension e.g. hyped up threats get defeated in an anti climatic manner. However, my biggest problem is how EVERYTHING goes easy for Rimuru. People literally worship him and join his side soon after meeting him. Everything seems to go right for him. None of the races fight in his nation or have any conflict. Rimuru acquires power and resolves any situation with ease because of how overpowered the great Sage is.

Overall, It’s as if the story is on easy difficulty. 2/10
FlexstyleMar 11, 2019 3:28 PM
Mar 11, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2019
It's so sad that this is technically the last episode

Cant wait for a second season

Mar 11, 2019 12:08 PM

Dec 2015
I haven't even read the manga and I'm disappointed. What was this episode? So much nonsense. And a recap in the middle of the episode? Super dumb and a waste.
Mar 11, 2019 12:10 PM

Feb 2014
So that wraps up the main story episodes now. Only two episodes left to go, which are extras, but I'll certainly be looking forward to them anyway. =)

As for the this episode, the main summoning of the spirits was pretty nice overall. I couldn't help but go "d'awww" when Alice gave Rimuru a little kiss on his cheek after she got her superior spirit. That moment was incredibly sweet. ^v^

Chloe's summoning was a bit unexpected, though. I feel as if that spirit might be a problem for her when she gets older, but for now, she has got her own superior spirit. Like with Alice earlier, Chloe's sweet moment was when she confessed her love for Rimuru. Rimuru kindly replies to her that he likes her too, but he mentally notes that he wishes that Chloe would say that to him when she's 10 or so years older. I don't blame him for that. XD

Along with a recap montage with a pretty chill song, Rimuru and Ranga finally depart, but not before Rimuru giving Chloe Shizu's mask. I do feel that mask will come in handy for her when she gets older, but who knows, I'm just an anime-only guessing what might happen in the future. =P

nina444 said:
kinda unpopular opinion .

surprisingly I like this finale more than I thought it would be , that insert/montage song in the end was really soothing~ it's perfect fit to end this light hearted anime .
and...
Sakurai Takahiro is so frkn Awesome! I did not see that coming... I did not expect him to show up in this ep 😂
damn , this is super exciting! I can't wait for ep 24

This shouldn't be an unpopular opinion at all. Too many people just jump to conclusions and get frustrated, then type their anger into a post that makes their opinion half-assed and that makes me facepalm when I waste a few seconds of my life reading it.

It's not a perfect end, but it's still an ending to the story episodes that I think was done well. Other users need to keep their overhyped expectations in check a bit better. =P
Mar 11, 2019 12:19 PM

Aug 2017
I'm glad that this arc is over. It was very boring.

The last two episodes are filler, so 3/10 for the anime.
NurguburuMar 11, 2019 1:22 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 11, 2019 12:21 PM

May 2016
Very good finale, I don't why so many people are so upset about it. The recap was appropriate since Rimuru has indeed come a long way since he was first summoned into this world. It was very clear from the start this wasn't going to be an Overlord clone and after three big climactic battles and I happy it ended on a more light-hearted note otherwise it would have just gotten stale for me.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed with how 8Bit adapted this story considering how bitter I was with how they treated Rewrite a few years ago. Looking forward to the second season!
"You talk too much. Think too much."
"I don't care how justified you think your reasons are. I won't tolerate liars or thieves."
"If you're not going to be nice to me, don't expect me to be nice to you."
"I'm a soldier, not a superhero. Don't ever think of me as one."
"The world doesn't revolve around you. Get that through your thick skull."
"People who live by their emotions go nowhere in their lives. They only find misery.
"If you don't like the way your life is than do something about it instead of sitting there feeling sorry for yourself."
"You want something go get it. Period."
Mar 11, 2019 12:22 PM

Oct 2011
Given that the last 2 episodes are filler we can count the anime as ended. It was a great adaptation, I like the work of the studio. There were a few moments at the end that caused a lot of predictions by the readers, but the anime spoiled the true answers. The only bad moments were the 2 skipped events right before Rimuru became a teacher and the changes done to the fight with the small dragon.

As for this episode specifically - the only thing I disliked was replacing the 5 minutes of Rimuru creating a puppet for the demon lord with 5 minutes of recap

Mar 11, 2019 12:28 PM

Oct 2014
uzee said:
Given that the last 2 episodes are filler we can count the anime as ended. It was a great adaptation, I like the work of the studio. There were a few moments at the end that caused a lot of predictions by the readers, but the anime spoiled the true answers. The only bad moments were the 2 skipped events right before Rimuru became a teacher and the changes done to the fight with the small dragon.

As for this episode specifically - the only thing I disliked was replacing the 5 minutes of Rimuru creating a puppet for the demon lord with 5 minutes of recap

They likely didn't have a VA for Beretta nor for Hinata yet. Since no one knows how far the anime will be adaptated in the future, it wouldn't be a good idea to carelessly cast someone for these important roles when they only have 2-3 lines at most in this season. Though I wish they'd have a short scene of Rimuru naming Beretta at least.
Mar 11, 2019 12:33 PM

Apr 2017
The kids have been saved! And with that, The final wish of Shizu has been fulfilled and the story comes to an end *for now*. :D
Based on the ending bit, it looks like they plan on continuing the anime adaptation, and I really like how they didn't force the story to continue but instead left in parts that make people expect it to continue while not really forcing the confrontation yet. It felt like a good "stopping point" but also a point that they can continue without feeling like a whole new show. The recap was really nice imo.
Hopefully the next two episodes can boost my love for the series even more.

I love to talk anime and manga, feel free to message me!
Mar 11, 2019 12:46 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
how they gon make it sound like this is the last episode lol?
Mar 11, 2019 12:53 PM

Dec 2015
After watching this big recap there is no doubt. This series is really a waste of potential. If it at least tried to have a serious tone, the events of the show could have been interesting by creating tension on every arc. But the show is basically just good animation with childish plot. It's not bad, just decent
Mar 11, 2019 12:56 PM

Feb 2019
If any positive point has this end is that at least the protagonist did not end up surrounded by his women as the reward of having been fortunate to come to this world
Mar 11, 2019 12:58 PM

Jul 2014
As the last two episodes are basically filler content, I'm going to finish the series here. For a final episode, though, this was as bland as I predicted last week. Actually, scratch that, it was worse: what need was there for a recap midway through the episode? Talk about taking laziness to another level.

As for the show on a whole, it started promisingly but soon trailed off and became extremely dull, starting around midway through the Orc Lord arc and continuing all the way through to the end. To sum up why it got so dull, here's a simple explanation: tension was non-existent, actual threats were non-existent (and most of them ended up being ridiculously friendly just for the sake of it) and the characters were mostly pretty boring, or actively irritating in the case of Gabiru.

In particular, Rimuru took the "bland isekai MC" trope to new levels, having zero personality whatsoever throughout the show's entire run, having an exposition machine built into his head (it's a sign of a weak writer that such a narrative device exists and was used so much) and being ridiculously OP to the point where only Milim ever posed a threat to him (until she inevitably became his friend after one insignificant bout). Worse still, the whole slime thing that the show advertised itself with was little more than a bait to make people believe this wasn't just "generic isekai #8712"; he took on human form for most of the show anyway and was way more OP than a slime is meant to be.

Outside of that, this show just felt like it lacked any real purpose or direction; it just felt completely aimless (I seem to recall reading an interview in which the author stated it took him ages to figure out what he actually wanted to do with the story, so I'm not far off the mark). Also, some people will make comparisons to Log Horizon here, but from what I remember (it's been quite some time since I last watched it, to be fair) that show worked way better than this: it had much better characters, a more engaging plot, an actual sense of tension and most of all didn't feel completely and utterly aimless like this show has done for a while.

6/10. Easily one of the most overrated anime I've watched in recent times (probably the most overrated I've watched since Gakkou-Gurashi, however long ago it was that it aired).

EDIT: Wow, not even 10 minutes before someone PMs me to say I'm dumb for hating this show. Pathetic, but with how defensive some posters on here have been when anyone has the audacity to be negative about this show, I'm not at all surprised. Thank fuck I won't have to deal with this shite anymore after this episode (and after a few inevitable quotes to come from the usual suspects).
AtavisticMar 11, 2019 1:09 PM
Mar 11, 2019 1:09 PM
Feb 2019
Such a weak ending for me. But, overall i love this anime. I could expect that there'll be some people who drop down their own score then. What a people?!
Mar 11, 2019 1:11 PM

Mar 2017
That was a great conclusion to season 1 and i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that those scenes with the guy with the crystal ball and the woman behind the tree mean there's gonna be a season 2!

Also i feel like the girl behind the tree is Chloe in the future or that she has some kind of bigger connection to Shizu...
Mar 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Feb 2019
Atavistic said:

In particular, Rimuru took the "bland isekai MC" trope to new levels, having zero personality whatsoever throughout the show's entire run, having an exposition machine built into his head (it's a sign of a weak writer that such a narrative device exists and was used so much) and being ridiculously OP to the point where only Milim ever posed a threat to him (until she inevitably became his friend after one insignificant bout). Worse still, the whole slime thing that the show advertised itself with was little more than a bait to make people believe this wasn't just "generic isekai #8712"; he took on human form for most of the show anyway and was way more OP than a slime is meant to be.

is a slime has no sexual interest in anyone, but if have the initiative to socialize with many people as shown here from the dragon, goblins and Milim also was not all the time in his human form, you are lying
Mar 11, 2019 1:24 PM

Oct 2013
Welp, and there I thought we might get Shizu back because she was the only good character in this anime. Guess not.

GG Isekai Smartphone was better
Mar 11, 2019 1:33 PM
Jan 2018
kater_tot said:
That was a great conclusion to season 1 and i'm gonna keep my fingers crossed that those scenes with the guy with the crystal ball and the woman behind the tree mean there's gonna be a season 2!

Also i feel like the girl behind the tree is Chloe in the future or that she has some kind of bigger connection to Shizu...

The guy with the crystal ball is for the extra epiosde . The one behind the tree is for season 2
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2018

290 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 21, 3:53 AM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Jiharo - Feb 11, 2019

227 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 19, 5:17 AM

» rimuru is the bad guy

Rukasumi - Apr 11

2 by felixsifuri »»
Apr 12, 11:53 AM

» Help my fellow weebs

Lonely_kun - Apr 5

27 by Puntosmx »»
Apr 7, 4:54 PM

Poll: » Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

287 by iggggi »»
Apr 7, 5:21 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.