3It was OK
4.6%
2Disliked it
1.3%
1Hated it
3.6%
Average 4.6
304 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 6, 2019 6:24 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bringing an end thousands of years of history dominated by Titans huh, Eren? Those are some pretty tough words to follow.

I have doubts Levi is dead tbh although he's in a bad shape.
Mar 6, 2019 6:40 PM

Jun 2016
ISAYAMA!!! This is the best chapter out of the last 10
Mar 6, 2019 6:48 PM

Jan 2018
Death for Pieck. Great chapter
BARK BARK BARK ARRRGGFFF WOOF WOOF WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK BARK HSSSSSSSSS SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRR RUFF RUFF WOOF WOOF WOOF SNARL BITE BITE BARK CHOMP SNIFF SNIFF GRRRRRRRRRR RUFF WOOF BARK BARK BARK BARK ARGGGHHFFFF BITE BITE BITE WOOF HSSSSSSS GRRRROWWWL HOWLLL WOOF WOOF BARK BARK BARK ARGGGGRRRFFF BITE WOOF WOOFBARK BARK HSSSS CHOMP GRRRRR
Mar 6, 2019 6:54 PM

Aug 2012
I believe Eren is faking, but we still dont know his final goal.
As for levi, I have the feeling he will survive...
Mar 6, 2019 7:03 PM

Jul 2015
Yeah Levi is alive I am feeling it

Mar 6, 2019 7:04 PM

Oct 2013
Yep, it seems Levi is alive, fans can have a sigh of relief, though he seems like he will be crippled for the rest of the series, which is still bad in itself.
Mar 6, 2019 7:35 PM

Jul 2015
Yup the girl is Ymir Fritz.

I wonder what is her plan.

Mar 6, 2019 7:42 PM

Aug 2012
Okay now after reading the whole chapter, I too have a feeling Levi isn't really dead.
Mar 6, 2019 7:56 PM

Oct 2013
It seems like Eren is the devil and Zeke is god, or Eren is the lock and Zeke is the key to unlock it, that is how I'm interpreting this at the moment.
keragammingMar 6, 2019 8:27 PM
Mar 6, 2019 8:14 PM

Jan 2009
damn Eren agrees to do the euthanasia plan of Zeke then

and looks like Levi is still alive since the enemy failed to check his pulse and Hanji and him escaped

things are looking very bad though it looks like there is no hope for the Eldians or Titan people but to go extinct in order to save the world
Mar 6, 2019 8:16 PM
Jan 2018
Damn Levi, he got fucked up. At this point man should have just died because he’s going to become completely useless to this series now. No more badass Levi which was basically his character.
Mar 6, 2019 8:17 PM

Feb 2014
What the fuck just happened!?

Zeke revived by that titan? Did Ymir save him? Is that the little girl!? What is going on!!?!? I have so many questions, holy hell.

And to be honest I'm still floored (in a good way) by the plan to euthanize the Elidans. I did not see that coming at all. And I'm surprised that Eren is going along with it.... except I still feel like he has another motive that no one knows about.

But man, it is not looking good for the survey corps. Annie, save us!
Mar 6, 2019 9:00 PM
Jul 2018
>as if fan favorite Levi isn't going to get another round of plot armour

Also hope Zeke's revival will be actually explained rather than paths/Ymir speculations.
Mar 6, 2019 9:15 PM

Sep 2014
Apparently i'm the only one who didn't like the chapter.

- Out protagonists got checkmated and all we're watching is their slow inevitable demise.
- Eren's pathetic decision to participate in the destruction of his own people.
- An antagonist who keeps coming back again and again and again and just won't stay dead.

Is there even anyone to root for at this point?
Maaaaaan, If Erwin was around, we definitely wouldn't be in this mess.
Mar 6, 2019 9:25 PM

Nov 2011
Levi is not dead after all. Titan Levi next?

Mar 6, 2019 9:31 PM

Jul 2015
Posted this in the Spoiler thread

I will post here too

This theory is interesting

http://mostrogobbo.tumblr.com/post/183265119102/ok-biblical-theories-time-in-the-ant-leaks-we

Mar 6, 2019 9:32 PM

Jul 2015
DAIO said:

- Out protagonists got checkmated and all we're watching is their slow inevitable demise.
- An antagonist who keeps coming back again and again and again and just won't stay dead.

Eren is probably pretending to agree with Zeke to get his help.

Mar 6, 2019 9:36 PM

Oct 2013
DAIO said:

Eren simple lied, they are on opposite course. Poor Zeke. Eren character is always about being born into this world and wanting freedom it would go against his entire character if he had the same opinion as Zeke.
Mar 6, 2019 9:41 PM

Feb 2019
This chapter was great, so much was going on and we got to see what EVERYONE was up to rather than the laser focus of the last few chapters.

That said, this euthanasia garbage is a massive blunder on Isayama's part. Saving the world from titans so the world's people can instead be destroyed by naval vessels, air strikes, and ground invasions. Saving Eldians from that cycle by skipping to the end instead of growing a pair and flexing nuts hard enough to tell the world to piss off. Eren could hold all of the titans in his hands and use the rumbling as a deterrent without ever having to actually activate it, maintaining a world safe for his people. Instead he goes moody teenager.

Vivekananda said:

If you remember when Frieda was reading the book with Historia and noticed the girl, Christa at 0:35...

You'll notice they look the same. It's not Ymir, it's Christa. "Christa is always thinking about other people because she's so kind." Rebuilding zeke's body certainly fits the profile, doesn't it?

Big sneeze warning at 0:15
SamHandwichMar 6, 2019 10:05 PM
Mar 6, 2019 9:50 PM

Jan 2018
SamHandwich said:

Vivekananda said:

If you remember when Frieda was reading the book with Historia and noticed the girl, Christa at 0:35...

You'll notice they look the same. It's not Ymir, it's Christa. "Christa is always thinking about other people because she's so kind." Rebuilding zeke's body certainly fits the profile, doesn't it?

Fixed it for you. Your link was a bit wrong. Also isn't Christa just Ymir Fritz' name in the book?
ChemicalBroMar 6, 2019 9:55 PM
Mar 6, 2019 9:51 PM
Oct 2015
So Levi's alive?? Judging by the action of Hange, I believe he's alive.

What an awesome chapter!!
I was on the verge while reading it.
So Zeke and Eren are really working together. He has so much to play in the future.
And what's with his dream or sort?? Who's the girl? It is Ymir??
That would be awesome!!

And RIP Pieck next chapter.
OphiomorphosMar 7, 2019 6:58 AM
Mar 6, 2019 9:58 PM
Jul 2018
So Levi got super fucked up by the explosion and could be dead, but maybe he's not. I think it would be better if he's dead though, because what could he do at this point? It would take way too much time for him to recover and he would never be able to fight again.

And Zeke getting "resuscitated" by a Titan was just...ugh. Isayama pulled that from the farthest reaches of his ass. He won't let this man die but has no qualms killing / crippling the original main cast. I just don't like this kind of development, but unfortunately I'm also way too curious about how this manga will end. Sigh...
Mar 6, 2019 10:02 PM

Feb 2019
VerySad_Weeb said:
So Levi got super fucked up by the explosion and could be dead, but maybe he's not. I think it would be better if he's dead though, because what could he do at this point? It would take way too much time for him to recover and he would never be able to fight again.

And Zeke getting "resuscitated" by a Titan was just...ugh. Isayama pulled that from the farthest reaches of his ass. He won't let this man die but has no qualms killing / crippling the original main cast. I just don't like this kind of development, but unfortunately I'm also way too curious about how this manga will end. Sigh...

Levi's never recovering from that. It took him a whole arc to recover from a sprained ankle. Unless Hange has a senzu bean he's gonna look like Chilton from the Hannibal TV series.
Mar 6, 2019 10:04 PM

Jul 2015
SamHandwich said:
This chapter was great, so much was going on and we got to see what EVERYONE was up to rather than the laser focus of the last few chapters.

That said, this euthanasia garbage is a massive blunder on Isayama's part. Saving the world from titans so the world's people can instead be destroyed by naval vessels, air strikes, and ground invasions. Saving Eldians from that cycle by skipping to the end instead of growing a pair and flexing nuts hard enough to tell the world to piss off. Eren could hold all of the titans in his hands and use the rumbling as a deterrent without ever having to actually activate it, maintaining a world safe for his people. Instead he goes moody teenager.

Vivekananda said:

Christa was the name of Ymir Fritz like Chemical said.

Mar 6, 2019 10:11 PM

Apr 2017
If Levi dies this way, that'd be a big disappointment, thought he would die better but I'm sure this isn't how Levi dies.
Just wondering how that titan got there? That's probably be explained next chapter along with paths though
Mar 7, 2019 12:05 AM
Jul 2018
at this point, I just want levi to be confirmed alive or dead or whatever, but I think he's alive since hange jumped to the water before they could check his pulse
Mar 7, 2019 12:44 AM

Feb 2017
Levi is obviously not gonna die, which is kinda bullshit.

That dream of paths that Zeke saw is quite interesting. We still don't know much about magical side of AoT and I am glad it's getting flashed out some. So paths are also some kind of non-physical space. This has potential to explain stuff how did Ymir ended up in a desert after eating Marcel, which I always found weird, and it can maybe explain "see you later" dream Eren had in chapter 1. Ymir also explain it as being reborn when she was at that place. Her body was probably too rebuilt by that girl. This will no doubt play huge role in the story in the future.

We got to see how the talk between two brothers went down. Don't get why people act like Eren "agreeing" with Zeke is some new info. We already knew that since few chapters ago. Also, it's obvious that Eren is lying to Zeke and has something else in mind. That was already clear last chapter.

It's interesting how during his talk with Zeke, Eren assumes exactly the same mentality he had in the cave right before Historia was about to eat him.
So don't worry people, Eren has his own ideas.

TsarkoMar 7, 2019 12:55 AM
Mar 7, 2019 1:21 AM

Mar 2017
Ohh boy. Pieck is pointing her gun at Eren. What is his next gonna be I wonder. Isayama leaves you with a cliffhanger every month.
Mar 7, 2019 1:46 AM
Aug 2015
Really good and interesting chapter!

I also think that Eren is faking his alliance with Zeke because he already went in a phase "I shouldn't have existed" (>> Political arc), and then he and Historia understood that what Grisha did was for the sake of humanity. Otherwise they would have been killed under the vow of the first king. But still, we don't know Eren's real motives.

I think that Levi is not dead, although I was afraid whe they said "He's dead", but the fact that Hange didn't let Flock take Levi's pulse and the fact that she escaped with Levi by jumping into the river means that although he's in really bad shape, Levi is still alive (or rather I really hope so).

That little girl is probably Ymir Fritz but I didn't understand what really happen with that titan. Zeke was eaten and then he is in a good shape? Where does that titan come from? Could it be that it's one of the nine shifters?

Gabi, geez, still calling Eldians "devils", although she does realize that she had made a mistake. I just hope she won't side with Pieck and that Eren will do something to take Pieck's power from her (I don't like her).

Can't wait to read the next chapter.

And is it me or Isayama is playing with fan service with Zeke being naked? xD
Kirie-sanMar 7, 2019 2:53 AM
Mar 7, 2019 1:53 AM

Feb 2017
Kirie-san said:

That little girl is probably Ymir Fritz but I didn't understand what really happen with that titan. Zeke was eaten and then he is in a good shape? Were does that titan come from? Could it be that it's one of the nine shifters?

That titan that put Zeke inside its stomach is one of his mindless titans that survived.
Look at the sfx at the bottom. The titan was still alive.
Mar 7, 2019 2:01 AM

Jul 2013
I'm hoping from the bottom of my heart that Eren is fooling Zeke , cuz if not he will be downright the worst character in this manga.

it's sad to see Levi this messed up , losing fingers and possibly his right eye ? looks like he's not going ever to fight again.

Not sure if Zeke's going to get offed anytime soon , he literally got saved by YMIR , all that " chosen one " bullshit.

plot twist : Connie kills Zeke and avenges his village and Erwin on behalf of Levi since he's a cripple now
Mar 7, 2019 2:09 AM

Jul 2017
Levi nerf, as expected.. I still hope he turns into a titan tho
Mar 7, 2019 2:20 AM

Dec 2015
Pieck moved faster than Eren had predicted. It always ends with such cliffhangers ffs...
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 7, 2019 2:44 AM

Mar 2016
I have never been so grateful for February being a short month.

Piek is going to go against three titans at once. Please die!

Hanji is still one of the most awesome characters.

I hope Levi ends up with some horrific scars. That would mean he gets to be alive.

Levi's wounds were horrifying. I don't think it'd look as good as an anime.

I wonder who saved Zeke. He even looks younger now. When he was looking at the sky, my head sang "You will know you're reborn tonight".
Mar 7, 2019 3:28 AM
May 2017
Might as well rename the manga Attack on Asspull. Zeke and Levi both surviving after this was whack as hell.
Mar 7, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2012
blackiemma22 said:
Might as well rename the manga Attack on Asspull. Zeke and Levi both surviving after this was whack as hell.

Well, one is an Ackerman (canonically super-human), the other is the beast titan that, just before dying from the explosion, something something PATHS (that is yet to be explained since it's an important part of Eren and Historia's PoV and their 4D chess master plan thus far in, and revealing it before the right moment would be stupid and fall flat mystery-wise, after all the build up and foreshadowing up to this point leading into it).
Mar 7, 2019 4:11 AM
Anime Enthusiat
Jan 2017
Am i wrong in thinking since the Ackerman family have a 'Little' bit of titan power in them wouldn't that bring the titans healing capabilities aas well? Guess we'll find out soon enough with levi
Mar 7, 2019 4:41 AM

Apr 2016
blackiemma22 said:

Agree mostly. It's not like it's the first time and it won't be the last. There are always new properties/powers that are added up to the plot, it never ends.

Here it was almost a deus ex machina : a titan-nurse-doctor-ambulance coming there just when needed, because Zeke must recover quickly.

The plot-armor was strong in this chapter or maybe it was just pandering toward the nurse fetishists :)
Mar 7, 2019 4:58 AM
May 2016
What the heck is Isayama trying to do. Just tell us already!
Mar 7, 2019 5:08 AM
Jul 2018
Levi is definitely not dead, maybe crippled for life, but not dead.

As for Eren, I can't tell if he has hidden motives or not so for now I'll take everything at face value.

Death for Pieck.
Mar 7, 2019 5:17 AM

Feb 2017
Why did Ymir (if that's indeed her) help Zeke? Does she share Zeke's beliefs or she believes he is still of use to Eren?
I believe it might be the latter. But if it's the former then it would mean that Eren is going against Ymir herself. Idea that Eren might fight Ymir sounds interesting.

If she did it because it would help Eren, like I believe (she certainly didn't look happy while molding Zeke), then is it possible that Eren already got in contact with her somehow? If he did meet with Ymir, then what did they discuss? Did she tell him the true history of the world? Did they agree on something?
Maybe he got into conatact with Ymir with the help of Historia. That way her name would finally come into play as she would be the key to the world's true history. Maybe that's why both Historia and Eren seem different and one of the reasons why Historia's and Eren's povs remain hidden for so long

Idk, just random thoughts. It's interesting to think about those things.
Mar 7, 2019 7:37 AM

Nov 2013
So Levi did survive after all... -_- how "unexpected"
The way Levi's pulse had to be checked and didn't happen, and the two jumping in the river makes it certain that Levi is alive and will survive through all those injuries...
Mar 7, 2019 8:04 AM

Aug 2012
Lol at the plot twist. Turns out zeke isnt the moustache twirling villain but eren is.
Cant wait for the moment when Eren roasts zeke like he roasted mikasa and armin.

And let´s talk about pieck, is she retarded? If erens wants, he can just eat her and gain the cart titan.
Mar 7, 2019 8:04 AM

Jan 2019
hairu said:
If Levi dies this way, that'd be a big disappointment, thought he would die better but I'm sure this isn't how Levi dies.
Just wondering how that titan got there? That's probably be explained next chapter along with paths though

It's the same one that Zeke was riding at chapter 113.
He not destroyed the nape of it back then, so it could regenerate and follow him.

I also think Levi survive. I don't think Isayama would make his face ugly by the scars just to die with them. It's a symbolic thing, and maybe it will come with some character developement or not...

It seems like Zeke is one of Isayama's fav. character too not just mine.
I'm excited 'cause this sneaky move of Pieck. Eren looks cool with that pose. I'm satisfied with this chapter. I think it was the greatest of the last 10 chapters.
Merciful lies or painful truth?
Mar 7, 2019 8:09 AM

Apr 2017
as a fan of levi i'm absolutely shocked. but we'll get to him later. first i want to talk about the very long-awaited brotherly talk.

zeke is absolutely being manipulated by eren - i have no doubt in my mind. not too long ago he said we're special because we were born into this world. he lied to zeke about what he saw when he kissed historia's hand: he saw grisha pleading with frieda to stop the titans. what he told zeke, he saw earlier when rod and historia touched him. essentially that entire conversation was exactly what pixis said: "mix some lies with some truth." also, it should be pointed out that eren's whole "i am a mistake" speech to zeke is the exact opposite of his development in the cave with historia. he got over his whole "i should have never been born" bs ages ago. he's only telling zeke what he wants to hear: he thinks grisha was wrong and that he thinks his own life was a mistake and that eldians shouldn't be born to suffer. there's no way he's not manipulating him.

as much as i hate zeke, i can't help but feel for him. he was obviously shocked to hear that he had a brother (as one would be) and was horrified that he would be suffering the same fate as him. all zeke really wanted was a father figure, and he found that in xaver. isayama has been waiting for YEARS to drop that "you are the key" line; back when zeke's character art was first revealed, he referred to him as the "key to the story," and we're finally seeing what that means. well played, yams. well played.

now on to levi. here's the thing: levi ain’t dead. he’s definitely got some bad scars and is missing the fingers of his right hand, but he’s a goddamn ackerman. he’s humanity’s strongest. do you honestly think he’s gonna die after a fucking explosion? hange said “he’s dead” right after the jaegerist said to shoot him in the head and floch said he'd check his pulse - that’s basically a given that hange noticed he still has some life left in him, and that’s why she escaped with him. she wouldn’t have escaped with a dead body; she’s not stupid.

am I shocked? absolutely. I didn’t think his body would be revealed like that and it was honestly brutal. but do I think that’s the end of the absolute legend that is captain goddamn levi? no fuckin way.

tl;dr: levi might die eventually, but definitely not in this way. yams doesn’t kill his characters off like that.
Mar 7, 2019 8:39 AM

Jan 2019
Stark700 said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Bringing an end thousands of years of history dominated by Titans huh, Eren? Those are some pretty tough words to follow.

I have doubts Levi is dead tbh although he's in a bad shape.

Did you noticed that Eren didn't give a straight answer to Zeke's plan.
I think rogue Eren has other plans and as for Pieck either she is switching sides or i think Eren is gonna add another titan to his collection
Mar 7, 2019 8:52 AM

Sep 2018
Still dont know if eren is serious about Zekes Plan but holy shit the girl who saved Zeke has to be Ymir Fritz and if so this could get so big....she can save Titan shifters and supports Zekes plan etc.
Just who else can she be?

Also Thx for the cliffhanger Isayama
I think my expections are the highest they ever been for a new Chapter of SnK,Gabi still is the same as Eren was and i just hope she changes for the "good" (good development) because he mentioned Falco and maybe she will turn on Pieck because of this,but i doubt it we just have to wait
-Mullerio-Mar 7, 2019 8:58 AM
Mar 7, 2019 8:59 AM

Sep 2018
FinNote said:
Levi nerf, as expected.. I still hope he turns into a titan tho

I doubt he can because Ackerman etc.
Mar 7, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2017
People can say what they want about zeke, but you can’t deny that’s hes a great character. I loved everything about the flashback, especially seeing eren and zeke interact for the first time.

Didn’t really like how zeke came back alive.

Levi is probably not dead, but there’s no way he will be fighting anytime soon. Maybe at some point he will get the opportunity to finish zeke off just before dying.

I’m looking forward to what’s gonna happen with Pieck and eren.
Mar 7, 2019 9:18 AM

Aug 2013
levi is unconscious? I hope levi digusting fangirling crying like stupid..
"There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever
enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker,
or smarter. Everything is within.
Everything is exists.
Seek nothing outside of yourself
" - Musashi
miyamoto
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

3 by nexuro01 »»
Yesterday, 10:19 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1874 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 10:48 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.