Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 7:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Welp, this isn't your typical shogi stuff.

They took this to a strange, surreal-like level with the type of enemies. What a strange episode.
Feb 4, 2019 9:10 AM

Nov 2008
Ryuuou no Oshigoto this time and at least they had Chimari featured this time (although the last episode would be the better option).

I'd be dead if I had to face those turtles as I suck at shogi much like how I suck at a lot of fighting games. It's pretty original though.

Feb 4, 2019 10:33 AM

Apr 2010
Somehow this is starting to get old.
The idea of saving LN's might be new the characters are a bit stereotype and the events are predictable i am hoping some things will change in the next few episodes.
Feb 4, 2019 4:30 PM
Mar 2017
Today the world the girls saved was Ryuuou no Oshigoto, an LN that had an anime adaptation last year.
Poor Chimari has problems of trust, since she puts her friends in trouble in the missions.
On this occasion the girls must help Mai to save her teacher. Chimari does everything possible to not be a burden to her friends, but she ends up ruining her opportunities to help, in the end the poor girl breaks down in tears for not being useful, but her friends correct her and they tell her how much her presence mean in the team and so little Chimari regains her confidence and helps Mai to win.
Quite descente the episode, I was a little moved by the situation of Chimari and see how happy she is and with more confidence at the end of the episode I'm very happy.
Feb 5, 2019 2:27 AM
Bad Opinions

Feb 2014
Worst episode so far. Chimari has a character I can generally get behind and sympathize with, but the execution was so trash. This show isn't worth the rest of what I want to say about that issue so I will jump ships. Some of the repetition in the animation (most predominantly the running up stairs part after each match) got really bland really fast. The antagonist is as bad as an antagonist can be. The characters referenced by the show didn't feel right. They just randomly decided who was going on the mission without even considering that they should have probably taken a shoji player to the shoji-based manga. Wtf is this show. I genuinely hope something good comes later. It is my least favorite of the season out of 21 shows. How embarrassing.
Feb 5, 2019 5:40 AM

Oct 2007
I never watched "Shogi" or "Go" themed anime, so thought this episode would be boring. However, enjoyed how they fought through all the turtles and the match against the mother virus was intense. :)
Feb 5, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2018
Episode 1-2: Gochuumon wa Usagi Desuka
Episode 3: Rozen Maiden
Episode 4: Ro-Kyu-Bu
Episode 5: Ryuuou no Oshigoto

The only reason I kept coming back to this anime is because I'm curious about what shows they'll take reference next. They're prioritizing loli shows so I'm betting Tenshi no 3P sooner or later.

Just noticed that episode 1 and 5 had preview for next episode while others didn't. So, can anyone guess what show is next? It looks like a kid show with hamster theme judging from the preview and title call.

Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM

Oct 2015
This was an okay episode. I didn't enjoy the original series though because it was like a loli harem for me rather about shogi!
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 7, 2019 8:02 AM

Jul 2017
Oh God come on...

Ryuuou no Oshigoto was an OK anime about Shogi, made from the same studio as this, but they couldn't reference the anime well...aside from other interpretations of shogi...

Already a letdown since Episode 1.

Nov 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Aug 2017
Slightly better than the last episode. I didn't learn anything about shogi and Chimari was annoying. The story is getting repetitive while the world feels so empty.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Jan 16, 2021 8:49 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Ryuuou no Oshigoto...xD I watched this anime some months ago, nice.
Oct 1, 2023 1:34 AM
May 2019
When Will Ayumu Make His Move vibes šŸ˜†

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 4, 2019

16 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Oct 2, 2023 9:44 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

vicexxv - Dec 26, 2018

71 by Yui_Suzumiya69 »»
Sep 29, 2023 3:33 PM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 25, 2019

14 by Ashhk »»
Jan 18, 2021 6:15 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 18, 2019

9 by Ashhk »»
Jan 18, 2021 5:33 AM

Poll: » Pastel Memories Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2019

9 by Ashhk »»
Jan 17, 2021 5:54 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.