Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Feb 4, 2019 3:18 AM
Jan 2018
JiangHaoyi1979 said:
Kirito and Alice lone time, but I kinda think that for Kirito to hoist Alice up when he is standing on a stake simply violates the laws of physics, since in order for him to hoist Alice he should standing on something that is flat, it also means that he has to have a clear line of space behind him to use his center of gravity.

He's in a simulation real world physics and logic doesn't apply . No one complains about attack on Titan breaking the laws of physics and that is set in a real world
Mattinator95Feb 4, 2019 3:42 AM
Feb 4, 2019 3:31 AM
Jan 2018
RafaelCLP said:
FireFistYK said:
Wait how come Alicization has a score of 7.97? I've heard nothing but praise for it thus far and I agree with it. SAO has always been this show that does somethings right but a lot of things wrong which equals mediocre to bad, but this season has been fantastic.

It's sad that people will just blatantly hate on it because it's name is Sword Art Online. I didn't even like the first 2 seasons and I agreed with people who were criticizing it but this is nonsense
Com'on, 7.97 (aka 8) is pretty high...

But since you asked...

This is the best season so far. But it's still... SAO. "Strong girl appears; strong girl gets in danger; Kirito-sama saves strong girl; strong girl joins Kirito-sama's harem". Same recipe used over and over again, every season must have one of these (Asuna, Sinon, Alice). It took a while in this season, but it seems like it's going to happen again. I thought I'd finally be able to give a SAO season an 8, but it's moving towards a 7 after this episode.

Well they have to have a weakness they cant be perfect all the time
Feb 4, 2019 3:54 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
well they reinforced the idea that Kirito is Jesus LOL It's kinda droll now that they bother showing Kirito misstep.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 4, 2019 8:24 AM
Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:
MRNX said:
tbh the biggest improvement with this season in comparison to the other 2 is that everything is really well written with character backgrounds and good setups for future events the other two were mainly"oh he was the bad guy all allong" and stuff like that with little time to really sympathise with characters that died for example the first girl that died and the commander of the first boss both had little to no character building and they kill them off like it was supposed to be a really heartfelt moment. also i think the fact that kirito actually feels pain and isnt this godlike being also really adds to the series being more on edge when something big happens we see him struggle and not just win because of random shit like with heathcliff

Do people still think kirito resurrected himself ... Lol

He didnt but he weirdly died way slower in the first arc than everyone else the stabing of hearthcliff was pretty much bullshit even tho i love sao i can see that it has flaws
Feb 4, 2019 8:27 AM
Jan 2018
MRNX said:
Mattinator95 said:

Do people still think kirito resurrected himself ... Lol

He didnt but he weirdly died way slower in the first arc than everyone else the stabing of hearthcliff was pretty much bullshit even tho i love sao i can see that it has flaws

So willpower is blullshit now in any form of media
Feb 4, 2019 8:29 AM
Sep 2018
Mattinator95 said:
MRNX said:

No but in the game they shouldnt be able to kill someone while they in the process of vaporizing kiritos healthbar was already gone he had the you died screen in his face it isnt logical that he could come back in the game after that
Feb 4, 2019 9:33 AM

Jan 2016
RafaelCLP said:
FireFistYK said:
Wait how come Alicization has a score of 7.97? I've heard nothing but praise for it thus far and I agree with it. SAO has always been this show that does somethings right but a lot of things wrong which equals mediocre to bad, but this season has been fantastic.

It's sad that people will just blatantly hate on it because it's name is Sword Art Online. I didn't even like the first 2 seasons and I agreed with people who were criticizing it but this is nonsense
Com'on, 7.97 (aka 8) is pretty high...

But since you asked...

This is the best season so far. But it's still... SAO. "Strong girl appears; strong girl gets in danger; Kirito-sama saves strong girl; strong girl joins Kirito-sama's harem". Same recipe used over and over again, every season must have one of these (Asuna, Sinon, Alice). It took a while in this season, but it seems like it's going to happen again. I thought I'd finally be able to give a SAO season an 8, but it's moving towards a 7 after this episode.

I mean, if you're gonna mention somethings thats not to your liking once again, you've gotta mention the things that the season has improved on.

Kirito as a character doesn't feel as one dimensional as before, the animation is one of the best I've seen in a long running Anime (especially in this day and age), interesting world compared to gun gale and alfheim, a better crew of characters and the best thing being that Kirito isn't OP for no gosh darn reason. He actually struggles and can't beat the integrity knights one on one as of yet, and actually is improving.
Feb 4, 2019 10:34 AM

Mar 2017
Kirito and Alice managed to climb up pretty far by working together.
Eugeo is going AWOL.
Feb 4, 2019 11:49 AM
Oct 2012
MRNX said:
Mattinator95 said:

No but in the game they shouldnt be able to kill someone while they in the process of vaporizing kiritos healthbar was already gone he had the you died screen in his face it isnt logical that he could come back in the game after that

He didn't come back in the game after that.
He NEVER shattered, it was his imagination. he didn't even too much time to die !
because of how the scene was shown, you think he died way slower than others.

check the time after his hp reach Zero and remove his imagination, you will have around the same amount of time for him to shatter as Asuna did a few min before him!

Just as Asuna did not instantly shatter as she started to glow in Kirito's embrace. Kirito also didn't instantly shatter after he started to glow and moved his hand to hit kayaba 1 more time.

Kayaba did not defend and instead smile and let kirito kill him coz he was impressed of what he saw.

There is also many layer of logical and game mechanism here as well to explain it all.
some are shown in the anime if you are careful enough, but some are only noticed if you read the novels.

I'm normally too lazy to write a full on explanation, specially in MAL which is full of mindless haters lol
but a few day ago i find someone in reddit who hated SAO but was also intelligent to think for himself, and i explained these all to him, so if u want to read, tell me, i will find it in my old messages and copy paste them all here.
Feb 4, 2019 12:21 PM
Jan 2019
I'm so sorry for those who say "omG KiriToxAlICE new SHiP Fuck ASuna"
because, Kirito is and will always be devoted to Asuna, no matter how many girls join ""Kirito's harem"" (lòl what harem?!) his love will be just for her.
Asuna will be the main protagonist along with Alice in the next cour and trust me, she will be one of the strongest and motivated characters.

Btw, I really, really like Alice, she's a cutie <3

Feb 4, 2019 12:23 PM
Jun 2017
Mattinator95 said:
MRNX said:

That was bullshit. Everyone knows it was bullshit. Even the story's own creator knows he was bullshiting through it Idk what's there to fanboy defend really
Feb 4, 2019 12:50 PM

Aug 2017
How tf did those metals things cut into the wall? like is the wall butter or something?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 4, 2019 1:52 PM

Aug 2018
This was legit the stupidest episode I've seen lmao
Feb 4, 2019 2:55 PM

Sep 2016
Junichi Suwabe hype! It's amazing how memorable and recognizable some voice actors can be!
Yet these hands will never hold anything.
Thus I pray, Unlimited Waifu Works!

Feb 4, 2019 8:32 PM

Jun 2017
A-K-A said:
How tf did those metals things cut into the wall? like is the wall butter or something?

The metal bars were inserted in the space between bricks. The wall's integrity was not damaged.
Feb 4, 2019 10:14 PM

Jul 2012
Kirito has some OP stats. They were hanging with 1 arm each and casually talking for 5 min. And then he had to flip up, balance himself, and pull Alice up each block for ~80 floors 😂

I didn’t expect Alice to be such a tsundere haha. She’s cute.

Eugeo’s fight next episode with the first integrity knight should be really good. Didn’t think we’d see him so soon.
Feb 5, 2019 4:05 AM
Oct 2012
Ando said:
Kirito has some OP stats. They were hanging with 1 arm each and casually talking for 5 min. And then he had to flip up, balance himself, and pull Alice up each block for ~80 floors 😂

Eugeo’s fight next episode with the first integrity knight should be really good. Didn’t think we’d see him so soon.

Kirito actually got weaker stats than many others including Alice lol
you can see how alice lift him so easily when he was falling while he was pulling alice so hardly lol

also it was not ~80 floor lol :D

they were on floor 80 when they fell out if they went down 80 floor that would be the ground xD

I can't remember the exact number but they fell down to 65-70 or so then start coming back up so they go up like 15 floor or something before taking a rest at those status.
Feb 5, 2019 7:43 PM

Jul 2012
Pedram said:
Ando said:

Kirito actually got weaker stats than many others including Alice lol
you can see how alice lift him so easily when he was falling while he was pulling alice so hardly lol

also it was not ~80 floor lol :D

they were on floor 80 when they fell out if they went down 80 floor that would be the ground xD

I can't remember the exact number but they fell down to 65-70 or so then start coming back up so they go up like 15 floor or something before taking a rest at those status.

Oh yeah, I forgot they took the elevator haha
Feb 5, 2019 10:05 PM

Oct 2008
Tsundere Alice so cute! HHHHNNNGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
4/5.

Feb 7, 2019 3:44 PM

Feb 2018
Tsundere Alice xD.
Feb 7, 2019 9:21 PM
Dec 2016
At first I wasn’t sure what I would think of Alice. We have only soon her as a kid and she was super nice, smart and caring. She was cold when she was introduced again but only because of the memory loss but you can see how she actually is during the episode from how she changes as they are climbing. Plus she shows off a cute and caring side. Her character is definitely growing on me. Going to like her even more now.

I had to call bullshit on the part when Kirito was holding her up by the chain and she pulled her sword out of the wall. Like no way on the little rod was holding her up and staying on there without falling off 😂

Overall it was a great episode!! 👍🏻
Feb 9, 2019 2:21 AM

Nov 2014
I mean... I was thinking how the chain would just cause both of them to fall to their doom if one of them did fall.... but I guess logic doesn't quite apply here... Well pardon me for underestimating Kirito and Alice then, who can not only withstand holding the weight of a falling person with a chain but also fling them up to crazy heights with just a chain.

Hope this is the starting of the beginning of Alice turning around to Kirito. Either she decides by the end to aid them or the administrator can immediately make her forget everything with a system call, who knows?
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Feb 11, 2019 4:52 AM
Jan 2018
brettzky29 said:
At first I wasn’t sure what I would think of Alice. We have only soon her as a kid and she was super nice, smart and caring. She was cold when she was introduced again but only because of the memory loss but you can see how she actually is during the episode from how she changes as they are climbing. Plus she shows off a cute and caring side. Her character is definitely growing on me. Going to like her even more now.

I had to call bullshit on the part when Kirito was holding her up by the chain and she pulled her sword out of the wall. Like no way on the little rod was holding her up and staying on there without falling off 😂

Overall it was a great episode!! 👍🏻

Logic or physics don't work in fake world's crated by a game system it seems
Feb 14, 2019 1:05 PM

Feb 2016
Alice and Kirito working together was nice to see. Very comedic as well! Looks like Eugeo is gonna have it rough next week.
#AliceIsBestAlicizationGirl
Feb 15, 2019 10:07 AM

Jul 2009
Guess Alice noticed that Administrator is not such a good person thanks to the monsters...
Feb 19, 2019 3:25 PM

May 2010
Wow, the physics in this ep MADE NO SENSE, try swinging a girl in a heavy armour with your one hand AND THEN throwing her a few metres into the sky WHILE standing on a narrow metal spike xD Like wut, there are limits to what I can and cannot believe in this kind of series, lol.
Feb 22, 2019 12:45 PM

Aug 2011
This episode gave me unnecessary amounts of anxiety...
Mar 3, 2019 8:19 PM
Dec 2012
Am I the only one who got annoyed when Alice couldn't climb up the bars?! I mean ten secs ago she was this super boss fighting warrior and then all of a sudden she's too embarrassed?! Say What Now?!🤔 She couldn't have thought of a cleaver way around it?! I really like Alice's Character but that sceen really bugged me.
Mar 4, 2019 12:02 AM
Oct 2012
SenshiKuriko said:
Am I the only one who got annoyed when Alice couldn't climb up the bars?! I mean ten secs ago she was this super boss fighting warrior and then all of a sudden she's too embarrassed?! Say What Now?!🤔 She couldn't have thought of a cleaver way around it?! I really like Alice's Character but that sceen really bugged me.

She was not embarrassed, she was not used to doing anything out of the norm. so she could not do it.

this scene was to show us how Knight Alice lost her wild and mischievous personality she had when she was a kid because of becoming a knight.

The Kid alice would even find loopholes in the law/rules and go have fun in the festival or such, she was used to doing something out of the ordinary.

but Knight alice only go by the rules and never did anything outrageous like climbing out of church tower using a fking rode.
that's something only someone like Kirito with a mischievous and reckless personality can come up with.
Apr 20, 2019 12:03 PM

Jan 2014
In conclusion: Alice is baby.
"The one true, unchanging righteousness in the world is..cuteness! Cute makes right! All our needs, desires, and instincts seek cuteness, and it is for cuteness that we will give everything we have! That's just the way men are!" - Sora
May 6, 2019 8:15 AM

Jan 2013
That's a lot of upper body strength, lifting up a person with one arm like that.
New character!
May 15, 2019 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
Alice is great. I'm glad she actually has some sort of character still.
May 15, 2019 9:44 PM

Dec 2013
Paul said:
Alice had some amusing expressions this episode. That was entertaining at least.

I'm just going to pretend all those windows they pass while inside don't exist.

Damn I wish I didn't read the last sentence, now I can't unsee this.

Also, Alice is Waifu
Jun 24, 2019 9:55 PM

Apr 2014
-Earlier: Wow Alice is so cool and beautiful, although cold and brainwashed.
This episode: Tsundere waifu material.

-Didn't expect Alice to cower in shyness and worry in such a manner just for that situation. Just how often does she venture beyond the Cathedral lol. Someone who's been out a lot would be used to encountering odd and new scenarios.

-Some upper body strength they have...

-Alice gets a reality check and realizes that laws themselves may not be as inherently and competently "good and just" as she thought just by virtue of being laws and providing order, and it appears she is still able to recall some lingering things from her past.

-Minions were laying in wait on a high level, so clearly either the Administrator or someone high up is colluding with the Dark Territory.

-Commander is Alice's uncle eh? Hmm...
Aug 19, 2019 2:40 PM
Apr 2016
Alice is sooo cute, oh my god, didn't expect her to be so cute... Well, good question! Why were those things there? Oh well, stuff is 'bout to go down.
Oct 9, 2019 8:16 AM

Aug 2017
Kirito and Alice working together was nice.

Daddy Bercouli naked 😍😍😍 I nearly jerked off.
NurguburuOct 11, 2019 7:25 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 29, 2019 10:34 AM

Sep 2014
Help, I can't stop unseeing Darkness.
Alice was extra cute this episode especially when Kirito almost pulled her down, hard to see them as enemies ^^
nerfxOct 29, 2019 10:53 AM
Feb 26, 2020 3:39 PM

Feb 2019
Kirito performs mission impossible stunts with alice
Based Certified.
I love anime armpits.
Mar 3, 2020 3:16 PM

Mar 2010
I'm starting to like alice a lot. She seems really appealing, only thing that I am really enjoying.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 9, 2020 10:57 PM
Jul 2019
Everytime I hear Alice talk, I just hear serious Darkness and normal Darkness when she's flustered or angry.
May 31, 2020 1:59 PM

Mar 2019
Tense episode, Kirito has a great balance
Alice is AWESOME, definitely the best girl
Eugeo is fighting alone, I didnt miss him at all during this episode tbh
Jun 23, 2020 3:35 AM

Apr 2020
My acrophobia was triggered smh
Jul 1, 2020 9:20 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I think it's a given now that Kirito had Alice fall into his trap, the lucky bastard. I feel bad for Eugeo just for that haha, well, it looks like he'll have to worry about that after he deals with this dude, it turned out the hero is well and alive, I can' wait to see his reaction when he sees his sword.
Aug 3, 2020 4:52 PM

Sep 2011
I kinda like Alice. I wouldn't have thought she would be like this een as a Knight who was brainwashed.
The height and the way they climbed really made me anxious.
I wonder if that ship will mean some kind of an attack soon. It's a bad omen either way, since we saw some shady scientists there a few episodes ago (not to mention one of the original scientists who "corrupted" the residents of the Underworld).
Sep 15, 2020 10:27 PM
Feb 2019
Kirito standing on a rod and still pulling another person, god of balance
Nov 11, 2020 11:35 AM
Sep 2020
Balance in this episode was not really logical but I liked this ep
Nov 29, 2020 12:15 AM

Aug 2019
Kind of a meh episode, but it looks like next one is going to be awesome again. Alice might be badass with her sword skills, but apparantly she is afraid of heights? Come on now... We go back to the real world and Asuna to find out something about an escort boat going in the wrong direction... Maybe that will somehow be important?

Oh man I'm getting bad vibes about that cliffhanger at the end with Eugeo. I remember what Kirito told him like 10 episodes about the "Stay cool" thing only being used during real goodbyes and I feel like that was foreshadowing for this fight he is about to have with this dude in the bath potentially.
Dec 16, 2020 5:55 AM

Apr 2013
I wish Asuna played a bigger part in this, much better main girl than Alice.
May 15, 2021 1:11 PM
Jul 2018
another fodder episode talk no Kirito style
Nov 12, 2022 11:18 AM

Mar 2019
YES!! This is the perfect voice for such a character, if I was thinking about it just by looking at him, this would be it.

Now that I think about it, judging from the opening, this was the perfect opportunity for Eugeo and Bercouli to fight alone so it was obvious he was going to be on the 90th floor.

The Alice and Kirito moments are nice. I appreciate that, even though they erase their memories which I hate, at least the characters still have a personality.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

190 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.