Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 26, 2019 6:32 PM

Dec 2018
Im confused cuz i dont know a clue about the story. This is just my first time knowing boogiepop series, never heard before. So... The actual arc is gonna focus at two things(Towa Organizations which producted/designed Camille and Imaginator's pupile steps)?

glad there's a gay character, hope he doesnt get killed too soon.
Jan 27, 2019 3:40 AM
Apr 2016
Kame-nos said:
It became even more complicated but I don't even care, I am still going to watch next week! By the way, I love Boogiepop's voice!

Yea... I found Boogiepop voice is nice as well. Combine it with the way she talk... just some stuff there
Jan 27, 2019 5:22 AM

Mar 2010
This episode is rather confusing, but that's what makes it intriguing, since they intentionally make it that way. It makes me really want to see what happens next and how everything's going to connect and resolve like it did in the first arc.

Now Watching

原神 : 800993232

SV-Mirage

Jan 27, 2019 6:08 AM

Jul 2012
FuMomo-kun said:
Does Anou like guys? If he does, I hope he doesn't turn into a villain or get killed. Gay characters in fiction are treated really unfairly. Though, so far, I think he has been treated like a proper person.

my thoughts exactly, so far it's not too bad but it's frustrating when it jumps from standard jealousy to sociopathic stalking.
it's really jarring, especially when the motivation leading to the behaviour is weak at best.
not only does it suck that being gay is usually the most defining part of characters like this, it's tired and boring. there's nothing particularly interesting about anou apart from that. i guess that's why this episode fell kinda flat for me?
Jan 27, 2019 7:23 AM

Sep 2018
Decent episode. More about nagis half bro and his gf? Well the doc definitely has made contact with the girl.
uninstallthegame said:
inb4 people will still defend this saying it's not confusing, lol.
some mysterious organization towa popped out of nowhere. right now i see no connection of this episode to the Imaginator arc and the only answers i get is from wikia, not anime.
because i honestly don't understand much from these weird abrupt cuts and shifts. not a complete clusterfuck, but close to one

Yare yare...So much hate. I wanna ask is being confusing a bad thing? No connection to the imaginator - What was the doctor then? I get you can have different tastes so if u don't like it watch some else.
Jan 27, 2019 10:04 AM

Apr 2016
uninstallthegame said:
some mysterious organization towa popped out of nowhere. right now i see no connection of this episode to the Imaginator arc and the only answers i get is from wikia, not anime.
because i honestly don't understand much from these weird abrupt cuts and shifts. not a complete clusterfuck, but close to one

Is this a copy pasta? If not I feel so sorry for you lmoa. Are you blind? because it seems like you're incapable of recognizing Jin who literally has a connection to imaginator herself. Also that mysterious organization has already been here since the first episode, are you even paying attention to the dialogues?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2019 10:35 AM
Apr 2016
Elcru said:
uninstallthegame said:

Is this a copy pasta? If not I feel so sorry for you lmoa. Are you blind? because it seems like you're incapable of recognizing Jin who literally has a connection to imaginator herself. Also that mysterious organization has already been here since the first episode, are you even paying attention to the dialogues?

L-M-O-A I am feeling sorry for myself for reading this. Step up your writing to that of a human level or find other ways to abuse your right to free speech.
Re:formed
Jan 27, 2019 12:37 PM

Dec 2017
Elcru said:
uninstallthegame said:

yes, Jin is in there, but he's not the main focus of the episode, he and the Imaginator are not connected to Towa organization, at least not in this episode. this episode was like a separate entry, just with matching scenes

and btw, i went and re-watched the first 3 episodes to see if Towa organization is mentioned and the only thing i've found is this. they're talking about Echoes

and it's VAGUE AF. goverment or organization or some shit.... other than that, there's not a single mention about Towa organization. since the first episode, my ass. it's not even mentioned that the drug that makes synthetic humans is connected to Towa organization, they're not even calling them synthetic humans until this very last episode. and you're telling me to pay attention to the dialogues? i need to search up info from wikia to get the answers

you sure you're not just mistaking the VN that you're currently reading with the adaptation? because this is one hell of a mess
Jan 27, 2019 1:25 PM

Apr 2009
uninstallthegame said:
e

I mean... it is not? The episode is very straight forward. We don't know what's up with the girl or the organization, but what happened in the episode itself is very clear and easy to follow.

Also lol @ the people triggered because a female character had TEH SEX.

Jan 27, 2019 2:03 PM
Apr 2016
Jin_uzuki said:
uninstallthegame said:
e

I mean... it is not? The episode is very straight forward. We don't know what's up with the girl or the organization, but what happened in the episode itself is very clear and easy to follow.

Also lol @ the people triggered because a female character had TEH SEX.

Get up from the morality pit you are stuck in m8.
Jan 27, 2019 2:47 PM

Apr 2016
uninstallthegame said:
Elcru said:

yes, Jin is in there, but he's not the main focus of the episode, he and the Imaginator are not connected to Towa organization, at least not in this episode. this episode was like a separate entry, just with matching scenes

and btw, i went and re-watched the first 3 episodes to see if Towa organization is mentioned and the only thing i've found is this. they're talking about Echoes

and it's VAGUE AF. goverment or organization or some shit.... other than that, there's not a single mention about Towa organization. since the first episode, my ass. it's not even mentioned that the drug that makes synthetic humans is connected to Towa organization, they're not even calling them synthetic humans until this very last episode. and you're telling me to pay attention to the dialogues? i need to search up info from wikia to get the answers

you sure you're not just mistaking the VN that you're currently reading with the adaptation? because this is one hell of a mess

The synthetic humans are first introduced in the imaginator arc. The drug is just Manticore doing shit just to lure more people so they can become her prey. I gotta agree that Madhouse did a poor job adapting Saotome and Manticore's shenanigans.

Does everything needs to be introduced and clear to you in the first episode? Remember that confusing is not equals to bad. And if you actually do think this is bad, there's no shame in dropping a show you didn't like.

I mentioned the "since first episode " since the first arc wouldn't have happened if the Towa Organization didn't capture Echoes in the first place. Also if you rewatched the episode, then you would've noticed that they mentioned the cloning thing. That should give you enough information that a mysterious organization is doing some shit behind the shadows.

The other characters in this arc may have popped out all of a sudden. But they have been given clear roles that is related to Imaginator. Seriously, stop being so impatient.

First arc may have been a mess but it's not confusing enough to the point that someone needs to search the wikia for answers.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2019 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
Daniel_Naumov said:
Elcru said:

L-M-O-A I am feeling sorry for myself for reading this. Step up your writing to that of a human level or find other ways to abuse your right to free speech.

It's very clear that you're a basement dweller whose main hobby is to shit on people. Go shit on elsewhere, MAL already has enough toxic people like you swarming this place.
Jan 27, 2019 3:04 PM

Dec 2017
Elcru said:

Does everything needs to be introduced and clear to you in the first episode? Remember that confusing is not equals to bad. And if you actually do think this is bad, there's no shame in dropping a show you didn't like.

it does not have to, but it would very much help. i understand that this show heavily relies on visual storytelling and narration would very likely disrupt the atmosphere, but it still would help somehow, you know. and i didn't say that confusing equals bad, i'm sure the source material has a captivating storytelling from different POVs, yet Madhouse really goes all over the place here

Elcru said:

The other characters in this arc may have popped out all of a sudden. But they have been given clear roles that is related to Imaginator. Seriously, stop being so impatient.

yeah, you're right, i'm going ahead a little bit. i just kinda assumed this arc would be 3 episodes just like the previous one, so that's why i'm confused how not a lot of connection going on between them. but yeah, i'll wait to see what lies ahead

Elcru said:

First arc may have been a mess but it's not confusing enough to the point that someone needs to search the wikia for answers.

tbh i visited the wikia out of curiosity and, man, that helped me a lot. watching it without reading the wikia would give me just a base for understanding because of how they went from scene to scene and different POVs, it's sometimes hard to follow and notice small details. you gotta really pay attention and if you're just a casual viewer like me that hasn't read the source material a lot of stuff can go just over the head
Jan 27, 2019 3:28 PM
Apr 2016
Elcru said:
Daniel_Naumov said:

It's very clear that you're a basement dweller whose main hobby is to shit on people. Go shit on elsewhere, MAL already has enough toxic people like you swarming this place.

Remember to check your values integrity for possible hypocrisy. More precisely, read your own messages. You are a contradiction, my child.
Jan 28, 2019 7:10 AM

Mar 2009

Whatever that has happened to his hand
Jan 28, 2019 12:16 PM

Mar 2008
Damn I'd way more shocked if some random girl licked my lips out of nowhere.

As soon as I saw Aya's behaviour I was suspecting she wasn't human and was trying to get someone to impregnate her. Though I question the later part due to her nearly non existent self esteem. I suppose she isn't human which would explain having a different name and why Spooky E seemed not able to control her same way as others. I assume he abused her. Though maybe she is human just has a special trait that makes her immune to his mind control.

The crush Anou had was cute though he was being a bit of a twat.
Jan 28, 2019 7:33 PM
Jan 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
Elcru said:

Remember to check your values integrity for possible hypocrisy. More precisely, read your own messages. You are a contradiction, my child.

I don't know why you are complaining. He used an acronym instead of using the full writing. Do we live in an age that we have to write everything out in detail without using an acronym? No but, you have to do that in the professional field and this isn't the professional field. Honestly, it feels like you need attention from what you are trying to say. Essentially, you are kinda trolling him to make him mad, so he would respond back to give you attention. If you need some attention, I will be glad to listen to any thoughts you have to say.
Jan 29, 2019 1:15 AM

Sep 2018
This show is getting even more interesting and i can see why you could dislike it but i like the Monogatari like story telling and the Parasyte art style with the good animation we got from Madhouse,definietly in my top 5 this season

So she said to herself she is not allowed to fall in love because she is some part of that organisation or something....

Really pumped for next episode but will rewatch it anyway after it finished because this type of story is better when watching it in one go and the foreshadowing will be even greater on rewatch!
Jan 29, 2019 3:51 AM

Mar 2008
Mullerio said:
This show is getting even more interesting and i can see why you could dislike it but i like the Monogatari like story telling and the Parasyte art style with the good animation we got from Madhouse,definietly in my top 5 this season

So she said to herself she is not allowed to fall in love because she is some part of that organisation or something....

Really pumped for next episode but will rewatch it anyway after it finished because this type of story is better when watching it in one go and the foreshadowing will be even greater on rewatch!

No she said she doesn't deserve to fall in love. She was putting herself down. Aya has basically no self esteem.
Jan 29, 2019 6:38 AM
Sep 2016
Episode 5 is amazing, my favorite scene in Light Novel is Boogiepop vs Spooky E or vs Imaginator
Jan 29, 2019 9:33 AM

Sep 2018
traed said:
Mullerio said:

No she said she doesn't deserve to fall in love. She was putting herself down. Aya has basically no self esteem.

Yea ok and maybe she developed that mental disease because she was/is part of that oranisation
Jan 29, 2019 1:47 PM

Dec 2016
Pretty interesting episode, I'm intrigued to see how dark this series is could get
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jan 29, 2019 2:12 PM

May 2017
I just wanted to know how the couple would do. Dam it. They looked so good together. So fkn sweet
Jan 29, 2019 5:48 PM

Mar 2008
Mullerio said:
traed said:

Yea ok and maybe she developed that mental disease because she was/is part of that oranisation

Like I said in my first post it seems to be because Spooky E (the fat fuck) was probably abusing her because he can't mind control her like others. Maybe she was his sex slave which is why she behaves so sexually. Either that or she was protecting someone else from him and placing herself in their place.
Jan 30, 2019 7:47 PM

Oct 2008
problem with teens... pathetically horny!
3/5.

Jan 31, 2019 9:17 AM
Apr 2016
Damn, weird brainwashing thingies... Awesome love arc to be honest.
Feb 1, 2019 6:15 AM

Jan 2016
One of the best episodes so far. This may end up better than the first arc, with so many unexpected twists and turns.

The whistle from Boogiepop gave me chills.
Feb 2, 2019 4:36 AM

Aug 2013
Pretty interesting episode though it was quite confusing.

Feb 2, 2019 4:47 AM

Mar 2012
That opening scene surprised me, what's wrong with that girl!?
Feb 3, 2019 9:00 AM

Jul 2008
2 more stories got thrown into the doctor arc. Just what the heck is this Towa Organization? It's got me interested.
Feb 3, 2019 11:20 AM

Jan 2015
Nice episode. I was sure this girl is strange.
Feb 4, 2019 4:11 AM

Feb 2014
Anou was nearly gay. Damn that's some hardcore peek.
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Feb 9, 2019 8:18 AM

Mar 2017
I didnt understand the letter part, who put the letter in the Anou's bag? Why boogiepop was in that place waiting Anou if the date should be 2 days after?
Feb 15, 2019 12:07 PM

Nov 2018
That gay stalking made me grin. Orihata was pretty interesting as well.
Loved this episode.
Feb 23, 2019 10:34 PM

Jan 2017
I think Jin, the counselor, has turned vigilante and has formed a passion for repairing people's lives.
Feb 28, 2019 10:23 AM

Feb 2015
Masaki Taniguchi, recently moved to Japan, non-blood brother of Kirima. Got involved in a fight, a girl named Orihata tried to save him offering herself but Masaki refused, Asukai appeared and saved them. Masaki started to date Orihata, knowing her in the process. Anou, another guy from school, has a romantic interest in Masaki, he discovered that Orihata often has sex with her partners, when he was stalking her a fat guy (Towa Organization) appeared and used an ability to transform Anou into his slave, so he ordered him to enter to Shinyou Academy and wait for instructions. Anou found a love letter under his shoes, he ignored it due to his condition. Anou had an encounter with Asukai, who with his ability, gave him his freedom again. Anou found another love letter in his briefcase, he presented himself in the place, a girl was there, the fat guy appeared and tried to attack him, but Boogiepop appeared too, the fat guy escaped, Boogiepop revealed that he is a synthetic human (Spooky E). The fat guy found Orihata in a park and named her Camille.

Another confusing episode, now this fat guy appeared, he has an ability too, he's a synthetic human and is member of an organization named Towa. Masaki is Kirima's brother and Orihata has a really strange attitude. Anou has homosexual orientation and that's practically everything.
Mar 10, 2019 10:54 AM

Nov 2017
The pacing in this show is excruciating, they literally do you no favors to entreat you to watch the show, besides the op/ed.

However it's always intriguing, and the coldness in explaining events leaves you butthurt and wanting for more.

Imaginator is such a cool name, I want to know what that is. Plus I feel like nobody's watching this.
Mar 13, 2019 12:56 PM

Aug 2017
What's going on with the Towa Organization? It seems that they like to brainwashing people lol. Aya have some connection with them. So, the Doctor cured Anou and Boogiepop saved him. Nice.

Also, I like the connections in this show with Masaki being Nagi's brother.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 20, 2019 6:16 AM

Jul 2017
Daniel_Naumov said:
Background mind explosions sounds
Who could have guessed we will get a boy... encountering feelings for another boy? Since Danganronpa I thought I was spared but nooooooooooooooooo
Apparently everyone is at it. It moves? A supernatural being. It breaths? A thot. A cat jumps in front of the background character? A demon waiting to re-appear in the next three episodes.
I think I got a wind what this series is. A bunch of imagined fantasy/sci-fi ideas that seemed cool back in the previous century. It seems like it would make zero sense trying to tie it up with the supposed Boogiepop origin, but then again we need one-two more episodes to see the whole picture. The main complaint for me is that my suspension of disbelief is constantly flowing outside the conceptual borders I have build for the series during its initial episodes. I sure hope it does not end up being like the Obsidian Entertainment games, namely Tides of Numenera and Tirany - a lot of "innovative" ideas shoved into a single narrative for the sake of just existing.

yo Torment game was made by InExile not Obsidian
Mar 20, 2019 11:39 AM
Apr 2016
Abusaeed said:
Daniel_Naumov said:
Background mind explosions sounds
Who could have guessed we will get a boy... encountering feelings for another boy? Since Danganronpa I thought I was spared but nooooooooooooooooo
Apparently everyone is at it. It moves? A supernatural being. It breaths? A thot. A cat jumps in front of the background character? A demon waiting to re-appear in the next three episodes.
I think I got a wind what this series is. A bunch of imagined fantasy/sci-fi ideas that seemed cool back in the previous century. It seems like it would make zero sense trying to tie it up with the supposed Boogiepop origin, but then again we need one-two more episodes to see the whole picture. The main complaint for me is that my suspension of disbelief is constantly flowing outside the conceptual borders I have build for the series during its initial episodes. I sure hope it does not end up being like the Obsidian Entertainment games, namely Tides of Numenera and Tirany - a lot of "innovative" ideas shoved into a single narrative for the sake of just existing.

yo Torment game was made by InExile not Obsidian

Sorry I was so angry I forgot to care and check it.
Jan 25, 2022 8:52 AM

Jul 2008
Woah I really sympathize with Anou Shinjirou character.
He's just a normal teenager discovering his homosexuality and acting rough. Feels bad man.

Sep 1, 2023 9:33 AM

Sep 2017
So that was Spooky E huh. Never saw much from him in the original anime
خ
Sep 1, 2023 10:49 AM

Oct 2022
Reply to Fatephile
So that was Spooky E huh. Never saw much from him in the original anime
@Fatephile
Oh he's one of the most interesting weird characters in this... By the end of the arc I felt sympathy for him
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

104 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 17 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2019

45 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 8:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2019

32 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 7:41 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2019

43 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 4:51 PM

Poll: » Boogiepop wa Warawanai (2019) Episode 14 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2019

42 by TheVistrian »»
Apr 11, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.