Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2019 11:05 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The demons reminds me of the Zerg race from Starcraft. Evolution by assimilating others.

Otherwise, it won't be easy to take down the demons but at this point, I think the kids are capable of just about anything.
Jan 24, 2019 11:53 PM

Mar 2015
i have really really bad feelings about this...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 24, 2019 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
So they are straight up copying Chinmera ant idea now, but even worse execution? Okay
Jan 24, 2019 11:59 PM
Sep 2007
After the first arc, things have been going badly and pretty boring, now this.
Hi
Jan 25, 2019 12:11 AM

Aug 2015
See...?
See....???????
This is what I'm talking about when I said Norman being shady... He's planning on killing all the demons???? It would be weirder if it's not because he was controlled by the "information" planted on him... I get the feeling that that's not the case since Musica and the other one is ok even the they didn't ate humans..

Well... I'm still glad Norman is back. XD

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Jan 25, 2019 12:28 AM

Dec 2017
Digitalexile said:
So they are straight up copying Chinmera ant idea now, but even worse execution? Okay

"Copying" as if this idea was something unique even then
Jan 25, 2019 12:34 AM
Jul 2018
Lemonraj said:
Digitalexile said:

As if that's an excuse for bad writing here
Jan 25, 2019 12:40 AM

Dec 2017
Digitalexile said:
Lemonraj said:

Sounds like an argument I never made
Jan 25, 2019 12:59 AM
Jul 2018
Lemonraj said:
Digitalexile said:

Then stop quoting other people when you have nothing to say about the chapter
Jan 25, 2019 1:08 AM

Dec 2017
Digitalexile said:
Lemonraj said:

Then stop quoting other people when you have nothing to say about the chapter

Weird leap in logic but ok. Didn't know you were a mod
Jan 25, 2019 1:09 AM

Jul 2015
Okay that's weird then how come Sonju and Musica are surviving without losing their intellect.

Seems to me Norman is probably mixing truth with lies.

This chapter reminded me of both Claymore and Chimera ant from HxH.

Most probably Emma will come into conflict with Norman especially with her plans to escape to the 7 walls and the Human world.

This may lead Norman to call her a coward or a traitor.

Jan 25, 2019 1:17 AM
Jan 2019
Well I personally enjoy the whole serie. Some of you complained that this serie gets boring after the first arc but I think the story is quite progressive and fun. It's logical. The first arc showed us the premiere of this whole serie. Getting out of the orphanage was just the first step to their freedom. There's only a few 'free' humans outside and the demons aren't the most intelligent creatures.. Sooo I'm not sure what you expect this manga to turn out and whining how much the arcs after the first one all suck will do anything. Oh well, you have your right to give your opinions.
Anyway, this chapter is prolly an important turning point for this manga. Can't wait to see what'll happen next!
Jan 25, 2019 1:44 AM

Apr 2015
  • They have to destroy all farms, but that's not easy at all. Something bad is gonna happen.
Jan 25, 2019 2:14 AM

Aug 2016
I would give this fantastic chapter a 6/5 if I could
:v
Jan 25, 2019 2:15 AM
Sep 2017
SO MUCH INFORMATION.

Also, the Demons are very similar to the Demons from Devilman, since both need to ''absorb'' other beings to evolve into higher forms.
Jan 25, 2019 3:32 AM

Dec 2013
B A C T E R I A B O Y S

knew that Norman was up to something big and mean, but does he really have the firepower? aren't the bacteria boys willing to protect those farms that sustain their livelyhood with their own lives?

and we can't forget about the bacteria boy with the strange name too. we know jack about him.
Jan 25, 2019 4:25 AM

Dec 2013
I don’t think Emma will agree to this...
Jan 25, 2019 6:27 AM

Feb 2016
Hmmmm, I bet there's something else to what Norman is revealing about these "demons". Specially after witnessing Musica is alright without eating humans...

I'd like to see where does this envelops to.

"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Jan 25, 2019 8:02 AM
Jan 2019
I read the whole manga just now, (after watching the first two episodes of it, i cant belive that i never saw this gem)
Anyways what i think is that as most mangas go, Norman will play out the role of the a villai. Emma will definitely not gree to killing the demons, and ray might try to on getting intel of what happened to norman. As well as during the testing period norman went through in the plantation, it might be possible he was fed images or info to unconsciously lead the cattle kids to their demise, all part of clan's head (since they didnt kill norman as he was ray's and emma's backbone)? I could be wrong though.
Jan 25, 2019 8:24 AM
Sep 2017
It surely won't be easy. They need to play a high-down-plot so, i want to see what's next!

Oh and, don't forget, Norman, he is amazing whatever he does.
Jan 25, 2019 8:33 AM

Apr 2016
Interesting theory but I'm sure there's more to it.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Jan 25, 2019 8:42 AM

May 2016
Things just became more interesting now that's how Norman is like he already has a plan.

Well not gonna be that easy though, looking forward to this arc.
Jan 25, 2019 8:47 AM
Mar 2015
Interesting back story for the demons. Not sure I can trust Norman and his plan
Jan 25, 2019 10:04 AM
Aug 2018
This doesn't feel right. Who's this "Norman" guy? What happened to the real deal?

I'm not buying his plan at all.
Jan 25, 2019 11:28 AM

Aug 2016
Yeah there will surely be conflict between Emma and Norman, and I feel that Emma will be devastated by the fact that Norman will probably not change his mind about the plan.

This will lead to a situation where Emma tries to stop his plan without directly confronting him, 'cause she don't want her family to fight against the demons, nor she wants to fight Norman of course.

That will probably result in her trying to make a new promise before Norman starts his war. Either way, it's not gonna be an easy situation for her.
Jan 25, 2019 11:44 AM

Nov 2013
Demon genocide? I would expect such approach from Ray, but Norman? He might be thinking he's some kind of messiah or the chosen one or something. Emma clearly is shocked by it as well. Remember, Emma wants to forge a new peace treaty with demons, not exterminate them. Remember that time when child demon was walking with her mother in a demon village? Demons are terrifying, but i'm feeling sorry for them since goldy-pond. I'd not be ok with such extreme decision as annihilation... Wonder how Emma will respond to it.
Jan 25, 2019 1:38 PM

Nov 2016
Some things make a lot of sense now.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2019 2:42 PM
Sep 2014
FMmatron said:

Actually no, they don't make any kind of sense.

We know and what's even better Emma & Grace Field Crew know that information from Norman is BS.

I wonder if Emma made that face beacuse she knows Norman is lying or just beacuse he just proposed a genocide.

So as it stands we have two options:

1) (boring) Norman is lying through his teeth to justify his genocide plan: that there is no possible way for humans and demons to co-exist like Emma wanted

2) (more interesting) Norman is being manipulated by feeding wrong info, this and his stupidly easy escape may be part of greater plan by clan Ratri.

I really, really, really hope that it is the second option.

Downside of this: if the one most crucial piece of info is BS it casts doubt on everything else Norman shared. This whole story may very well be completely worthless fabrication. Lovely.
Jan 25, 2019 3:09 PM

Nov 2016
Tempus36 said:
FMmatron said:

We know and what's even better Emma & Grace Field Crew know that information from Norman is BS.

I wonder if Emma made that face beacuse she knows Norman is lying or just beacuse he just proposed a genocide.

1) (boring) Norman is lying through his teeth to justify his genocide plan: that there is no possible way for humans and demons to co-exist like Emma wanted

2) (more interesting) Norman is being manipulated by feeding wrong info, this and his stupidly easy escape may be part of greater plan by clan Ratri.

Downside of this: if the one most crucial piece of info is BS it casts doubt on everything else Norman shared. This whole story may very well be completely worthless fabrication. Lovely.

I had actually the information regarding the experiments on the children and the evolution of the demons in mind. Or was there something I didn't take into account ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2019 5:50 PM
Jan 2019
I thought the monsters were after the kids brains and considered that the best part, I don't really get the purpose of doing those experiments if the tests on the farm was already producing such high quality goods. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Jan 26, 2019 1:27 AM
Sep 2014
FMmatron said:
Tempus36 said:

I had actually the information regarding the experiments on the children and the evolution of the demons in mind. Or was there something I didn't take into account ?

The evolution part. This is the crucial info: that the demons must continue eating humans if they want to keep their humanoid form. We know for a fact that this information is BS.

Remember, after the first arc they encountered non-hostile demons in the forest: Mujika and Sonju. They are called ''Heathens" beacuse they refuse to eat humans produced on plantation. Sonju wishes to resume hunting humans once they are freed and their population increased enough. These two are humanoid types and haven't been eating humans for YEARS at the very least, more likely we are looking at DECADES/CENTURIES of non-human diet and yet they have NO PROBLEMS with keeping their shape and intelligence and aren't even concerned with the issue.

This directly contradicts the info Norman shared and if the most crucial information is false then it is very, very likely that we cannot trust any other info from Norman.
Jan 26, 2019 2:50 AM

Nov 2013
If Demons evolve the more they eat, the Demon God/King must have eaten A LOT of smart people's brains. Which, would make the top demon pretty human-like.

I would also prefer Norman being manipulated/misguided/tricked, rather than him being "correct".
Jan 26, 2019 6:35 AM

Nov 2016
Tempus36 said:
FMmatron said:

The evolution part. This is the crucial info: that the demons must continue eating humans if they want to keep their humanoid form. We know for a fact that this information is BS.

Remember, after the first arc they encountered non-hostile demons in the forest: Mujika and Sonju. They are called ''Heathens" beacuse they refuse to eat humans produced on plantation. Sonju wishes to resume hunting humans once they are freed and their population increased enough. These two are humanoid types and haven't been eating humans for YEARS at the very least, more likely we are looking at DECADES/CENTURIES of non-human diet and yet they have NO PROBLEMS with keeping their shape and intelligence and aren't even concerned with the issue.

This directly contradicts the info Norman shared and if the most crucial information is false then it is very, very likely that we cannot trust any other info from Norman.

Yeah, I remember it. But there was a thing bugging me, namely what Sonju said to Mujika after the children left. "You just don't understand because you've never had a reason to eat them Mujika" kinda implied that she's different from the other demons.

And Sonju was facing off other demons, also an intelligent one holding a weapon. If he resorted to cannibalism then it wouldn't contradict with Normans infos.

Jan 27, 2019 1:18 PM
Aug 2018
I have many questions about Sonju and Mujika after reading chapter 120. Reading everyone's theory in here might as well feed my curiosity. I sense weird vibe from Norman though.
Jan 27, 2019 2:10 PM

May 2016
Meira_Eve said:
See...?
See....???????
This is what I'm talking about when I said Norman being shady... He's planning on killing all the demons???? It would be weirder if it's not because he was controlled by the "information" planted on him... I get the feeling that that's not the case since Musica and the other one is ok even the they didn't ate humans..

I can't quite trust Norman either, all is going pretty smoothly, and as you write I thought the same Musica is alright so this is shady...
Jan 30, 2019 9:07 AM
Jul 2018
The demons' reason for man-eating gave me violent Chimera ant arc flashbacks lol

I don't trust Norman. He is (was ?) my favorite character but I'm side-eyeing him hard. He didn't look older in last chapter, but in this one he looks 25 on each panel. What's happening with the art? (that I dig otherwise)
Jan 30, 2019 7:38 PM

Oct 2014
wtf am I even reading anymore?? I can't recognize this manga. is this really yakusoku no neverland?
mangaka now ripping off some dumb zombie apocalypse bacteria shit seriously what's next? don't tell that they were monsters all along!
Jan 31, 2019 7:14 AM

Feb 2018
Seems to me Norman is... crazy? or just telling lies to the others.. I didn't like the explanation about demons, was this really necessary?
Feb 1, 2019 2:14 AM
Apr 2011
Meira_Eve said:

He's planning on killing all the demons???? It would be weirder if it's not because he was controlled by the "information" planted on him... I get the feeling that that's not the case since Musica and the other one is ok even the they didn't ate humans..

I do not know about Norman but the thing I wonder when I read this chapter is Musica and why the other guy revert back if that is the case? Norman may feeded with false info or something but at least it seems his feelings stay still.
Feb 1, 2019 2:26 AM

Nov 2011
There's no reason co-exist, demons eat human, they need to go. I don't think the story has given us enough reason to want to spare any demons. Sure, Musica and Sonju aren't like other demons but that's like 2 demons. Unless they find bunch of demons that want to cooperate with humans without eating them, they can all die.

Feb 1, 2019 5:41 AM

Aug 2015
Maniacreator said:
Meira_Eve said:

He's planning on killing all the demons???? It would be weirder if it's not because he was controlled by the "information" planted on him... I get the feeling that that's not the case since Musica and the other one is ok even the they didn't ate humans..

I do not know about Norman but the thing I wonder when I read this chapter is Musica and why the other guy revert back if that is the case? Norman may feeded with false info or something but at least it seems his feelings stay still.
that should be indeed the case. But as far as I remember, Musica and sung joo (I think that's the other guy's name) is ok without eating humans. And I think I read that they have been doing that for a year. Since from Norman's info the demons will revert in 6 months, the info is definitely false information planted by that ratri guy to Norman so that all the children fail. Norman said it himself while pointing at his head that he is too "modified". So this is likely the case.

If this turns into a cliche story where the info is indeed false and Norman regretted it.... It would be really heartbroking for me since Norman is my favorite guy here... T^T

I'm starting to get embarrassed by my own forum signature line.. XD
Feb 1, 2019 11:14 AM
Jul 2018
When did Norman become the less credible character to everyone ??
Feb 3, 2019 10:21 AM

Aug 2012
Some things just don't seem right...
Feb 10, 2019 4:10 PM

Dec 2009
I really hope this manga doesn't pull
Apr 8, 2019 11:27 PM

Mar 2019
Maybe Musica got lucky with her evolution. Or she lied lol. Oh wait Norman could be lying about demons needing to eat humans or else they turn weak and dumb. Cannibalizing the other demons could work for the explanation of why Musica and Sonju sp are ok.

Norman's idea to kill 'em all (I can see the appeal because the demons eat humans) is derailing using the promise to deal with the demons. Ah spaghet.
May 8, 2019 8:59 PM

May 2016
While Demons as a species eat to evolve and imitate those they consume, their ability to mutate really quickly made their bodies unstable enough to have to eat frequently enough to retain their sentient forms.

Norman's suggestion to kill all demons is fine and dandy but not all of them are horrible monsters like the ones high up in society. Musica and other demons like her are out there and it'd be unfair to wipe them all out without hesitation.

Jul 15, 2019 4:51 AM
Aug 2012
The evolution of demons sounds like Chimera ants in HxH. I wonder if the author was inspired by that.

Lets see where will Norman’s leadership lead the kids.
Haruko-xJul 15, 2019 4:57 AM
Aug 3, 2022 1:13 PM

Aug 2018
So the demons are basically like chimera ants?
_______I like rocks__
Aug 27, 2023 9:46 PM
Jul 2017
nroman wants to eradicate every demon and emma is likely not having it

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.