Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 18, 2019 12:02 PM
Jul 2018
Didn't believe that Bnha will be able to surpass that Eri plot convenience, but the latest chapter surprised me, how unbelievable downfall in quality it has been for these past few arcs. Power levels hardly have any meaning now with protagonist getting the favour as always, poor pacing (Overhaul arc), etc. Why do you think this has happened? Or does it still retain its previous quality?

Edit- please discuss about the last few arcs and their quality, rather than complaining about why threads about criticisms shouldn't be made, or just plain "yes, it's bad".
removed-userJan 18, 2019 8:27 PM
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 18, 2019 12:07 PM

Nov 2016
I prefer Slower pace but With better plot than having a Break Neck Pace and Having a Bad Story *MHM* Black Clover's Anime *MHM*. Also, Who expects the MC to lose always in a Shonen?? Its rare when they end up losing but When they do its Fucking Significant.

Delete this ASAP
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Afloo said:
I prefer Slower pace but With better plot than having a Break Neck Pace and Having a Bad Story *MHM* Black Clover's Anime *MHM*. Also, Who expects the MC to lose always in a Shonen?? Its rare when they end up losing but When they do its Fucking Significant.

Delete this ASAP

Okay, that's cool to know

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:22 AM
Jan 18, 2019 12:12 PM

Jan 2009
battle shonen is formulaic in other words it has no originality so it all comes down to better execution
Jan 18, 2019 3:26 PM
Nov 2017
I used to love mha but after the shit that was the overhaul arc everything started to change . The only great arc after kamino was the pro hero arc with endeavor and now we just turned deku into Jesus . He’s basically ichigo being every single race and Naruto who was super gifted and got trained by like every fucking legend while also being the reincarnation of a fucking God . Deku now is gonna have like 6-7 quirks and they are all gonna be stronger than they previously were ? That’s fucking dumb what’s even the point of the rest of the story ? Idc what anybody says the series hasn’t been the same for years and black clover manga is better than bnha manga
Jan 18, 2019 4:41 PM

Sep 2014
Had no problem with Eri as the writing made up for it, but the latest chapter is by far the worst chapter in the series imo. First time I'm actually having a bad taste in my mouth after reading a chapter of mha
Jan 18, 2019 4:58 PM

Aug 2017
MonkeyDJasper said:
I used to love mha but after the shit that was the overhaul arc everything started to change . The only great arc after kamino was the pro hero arc with endeavor and now we just turned deku into Jesus . He’s basically ichigo being every single race and Naruto who was super gifted and got trained by like every fucking legend while also being the reincarnation of a fucking God . Deku now is gonna have like 6-7 quirks and they are all gonna be stronger than they previously were ? That’s fucking dumb what’s even the point of the rest of the story ? Idc what anybody says the series hasn’t been the same for years and black clover manga is better than bnha manga

Just saying, maybe we should wait till we see the quirks in action & how the actual story turns out like how the villains handle it before labeling Deku a gary stu on the level of Ichgio's part everything or Naruto's reincarnation child of destiny stuff.

Again just saying, its better to keep a cool head & not overreact or exaggerate.

I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 18, 2019 5:22 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I've never actually understood why Eri is an issue? But OKAY.

People want to jump on this bandwagon of "the series is descending" the second an issue might steam because the mangaka wants to introduce a new asset to a series. Lord.

I know y'all have been scorned by other mangaka but Horikoshi deserves some faith in his writing.

The Pro Hero and Cultural Festival were some of the best arcs of the series you on crack?
Jan 18, 2019 5:36 PM

Jul 2012
No its still pretty good
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2019 8:19 PM

Aug 2011
This manga is downright bad. There is no excuse for this level of childish writing.

To spoil until chapter 213,

Don't fool yourself into thinking it was ever good, it wasn't. It was just hype and possible potential that fooled readers into thinking it would one day reach that potential but as the story has dragged on we've realize it never will reach said potential. The writer is just terrible and has no clue how to write a story or how to write characters. Its been so many chapters and only All Might and Deku have a personality and not much of that either. I've dropped too many manga to want to drop this, but damn is it tempting to drop this steaming pile of shit. The quality is starting to reach Fairy Tail levels.
Jan 18, 2019 8:31 PM

Oct 2013
I was never a fan of this series since the beginning personally it was always between average/above average for me. The plot just didn't grab me, it doesn't have much mystery nor is the setting of the series interesting that makes me want to explore the world more. The characters are ok, but too childish for me, they are just not that relatable since I'm an adult and they are still kids, what worse the series is not a dark tone series for the most part.

The problem with mha is that the plot/settings just doesn't have enough meat for it to have more possible ways the series can be explored in an interesting way. And thus why persons will slowly get bored of it.

It is a school/normal city setting with superheroes vs villains in it, there is nothing interesting.
Jan 18, 2019 10:17 PM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
Didn't believe that Bnha will be able to surpass that Eri plot convenience, but the latest chapter surprised me, how unbelievable downfall in quality it has been for these past few arcs. Power levels hardly have any meaning now with protagonist getting the favour as always, poor pacing (Overhaul arc), etc. Why do you think this has happened? Or does it still retain its previous quality?

Edit- please discuss about the last few arcs and their quality, rather than complaining about why threads about criticisms shouldn't be made, or just plain "yes, it's bad".

It's been built up since the beginning. The fact that Deku isn't stronger than he is now was the weird thing. OFA is easily the most powerful quirk in this series. But I get where you are coming from. You paid attention to Deku's development and found it a bit much right? However, have you considered the deal with High Spec? How is it that Shigaraki can create such a monster? The villains have just as much resources and power if not more than Deku.

Btw, I agree that Eri is a weak point in the plot. I hope she will be relevant in the future. And the pacing is currently quite poor. Hopefully the anime can improve on this.

It's funny. When people shit on my favorite shows, I actually love it because I realize it gets some attention. Most of the time, I know where they are coming from becayse I felt that I understand my shows well. If u hate this show now but are still somewhat invested, keep your head up and be optimistic.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 18, 2019 10:33 PM
Jul 2018
longkazama said:
Frostbytes said:

It's been built up since the beginning. The fact that Deku isn't stronger than he is now was the weird thing. OFA is easily the most powerful quirk in this series. But I get where you are coming from. You paid attention to Deku's development and found it a bit much right? However, have you considered the deal with High Spec? How is it that Shigaraki can create such a monster? The villains have just as much resources and power if not more than Deku.

Btw, I agree that Eri is a weak point in the plot. I hope she will be relevant in the future.

I am fine with Deku getting stronger with training and able to control his power more efficiently, like the series was progressing till now. Able to come up with new ideas and using them in a unique way, liked those aspects about this series.
But here comes up something like free vouchers, " oh, here is 7 to unlock, go get them!" Doesn't matter how many of them he will be able to control, or how many of them will prove to be a disadvantage. It's the protagonist, so by natural shounen progression, of course he will try to master them. It just creates an anomaly in the power structure by exclusive shounen protagonist benefit, instead of exploring creative ideas of training to master and control OFA. Just lazy writing in my opinion, whatever way fans want to spin it.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:20 AM
Jan 18, 2019 10:37 PM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
longkazama said:

Btw, I agree that Eri is a weak point in the plot. I hope she will be relevant in the future.

I am fine with Deku getting stronger with training and able to control his power more efficiently, like the series was progressing till now. Able to come up with new ideas and using them in a unique way, liked those aspects about this series.
But here comes up something like free vouchers, " oh, here is 7 to unlock, go get them!" Doesn't matter how many of them he will be able to control, or how many of them will prove to be a disadvantage. It's the protagonist, so by natural shounen progression, of course he will try to master them. Just lazy writing in my opinion, whatever way fans want to spin it.

You are damn right. I understand why you calls it lazy writing. Part of me kinda agrees. However, if you are truly a shounen trash like I am, you will probably still enjoy this series despite its "so-called" dip in quality.

Honestly, I believe if the MC is Bakugou, you will like this show more, won't you? :)

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:19 AM
Jan 18, 2019 10:40 PM
Jul 2018
longkazama said:
Frostbytes said:

But here comes up something like free vouchers, " oh, here is 7 to unlock, go get them!" Doesn't matter how many of them he will be able to control, or how many of them will prove to be a disadvantage. It's the protagonist, so by natural shounen progression, of course he will try to master them. Just lazy writing in my opinion, whatever way fans want to spin it.

You are damn right. I understand why you calls it lazy writing. Part of me kinda agrees. However, if you are truly a shounen trash like I am, you will probably still enjoy this series despite its "so-called" dip in quality.

Honestly, I believe if the MC is Bakugou, you will like this show more, won't you? :)

Why? Like I said, I was fine with Deku's progression until now. Doesn't matter who is the protagonist, it's the way of execution.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:18 AM
Jan 18, 2019 10:48 PM
Jul 2018
Frostbytes said:
longkazama said:

Why? Like I said, I was fine with Deku's progression until now. Doesn't matter who is the protagonist, it's the way of execution.

I mean Bakugou's progression in the future will be more to your taste, so Deku as a side character mastering his 7 quirks will not bother you so much. Same as you, I have found Deku's progression okay until now. But now Deku's progression is completely corrupted, it would be nice if Bakugou becomes the main character. I mean Hori fucked up big time with our main character, so we need another one. Dual main characters with a lot more focus on Bakugou? I'm just stating possibilities the story can be improved now it has come to this lol.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:17 AM
Jan 18, 2019 11:05 PM
Jul 2018
longkazama said:
Frostbytes said:

I mean Bakugou's progression in the future will be more to your taste, so Deku as a side character mastering his 7 quirks will not bother you so much. Same as you, I have found Deku's progression okay until now. But now Deku's progression is completely corrupted, it would be nice if Bakugou becomes the main character. I mean Hori fucked up big time with our main character, so we need another one. Dual main characters with a lot more focus on Bakugou? I'm just stating possibilities the story can be improved now it has come to this lol.

Maybe, can't really predict as it depends on how the story will develop in future. It would be nice to see some side characters get more screentime and development though.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:18 AM
Jan 18, 2019 11:09 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not predicting. I just say how the story can be improved in the future in my opinions since I love this anime so much. I personally believe Hori fucked up with Deku. Before the last chapter, I still feel like Deku is JUST another student in the heroes course.

But now, he feels like a foreign entity with the potential to have the amplified versions of 6/7 different quirks. He is to the UA what All for One is to the society. Simply on another level.

Still love the series. I would take a downgraded MHA over fucking Black Clover any day. It's not like there is a better shounen out there (besides JoJo)
removed-userJan 18, 2019 11:50 PM
Jan 19, 2019 12:06 AM

Dec 2016
all series go up and down in quality. i'm just hoping it'll tie in to the traitor idea.
AnimeFreak-San said:
is this a male gender issure...human issue...mental illness perhaps?
Jan 19, 2019 12:28 AM
Jul 2014
This revelation has been predicted by many people for years so seeing the reaction to this is funny because it shows that the people who hate it were never paying attention to the story at all.
Frostbytes said:
longkazama said:

But here comes up something like free vouchers, " oh, here is 7 to unlock, go get them!" Doesn't matter how many of them he will be able to control, or how many of them will prove to be a disadvantage. It's the protagonist, so by natural shounen progression, of course he will try to master them. It just creates an anomaly in the power structure by exclusive shounen protagonist benefit, instead of exploring creative ideas of training to master and control OFA. Just lazy writing in my opinion, whatever way fans want to spin it.

How is it lazy writing when this was the core foundation of OfA to begin with? Also this is using his power more efficiently because this is the first time OfA can complete its purpose. All the reaction to the chater just goes to prove that none of you actually paid attention to the story its same with the people who were pissed off that Deku didn't become a quirkless hero to be another Batman only now you're literally complaining with something that does not change the foundation of the story. Deku now has an even taller task to complete at his disposal and will actually have a variety of moves instead of just punches and kicks (which there was a ton of complaints about before this). Its fine to not like a story detail, one we don't even know the full details yet, but don't sit up here and give a shitty excuse like "its lazy writing" because that just makes you sound vapid.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting & quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:16 AM
Jan 19, 2019 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
Devil_Food said:
This revelation has been predicted by many people for years so seeing the reaction to this is funny because it shows that the people who hate it were never paying attention to the story at all.
Frostbytes said:

How is it lazy writing when this was the core foundation of OfA to begin with? Also this is using his power more efficiently because this is the first time OfA can complete its purpose. All the reaction to the chater just goes to prove that none of you idiots actually paid attention to the story its same with the people who were pissed off that Deku didn't become a quirkless hero to be another Batman only now you're literally complaining with something that does not change the foundation of the story. Deku now has an even taller task to complete at his disposal and will actually have a variety of moves instead of just punches and kicks (which there was a ton of complaints about before this). Its fine to not like a story detail, one we don't even know the full details yet, but don't sit up here and give a shitty excuse like "its lazy writing" because that just makes you sound vapid.

>Deku now has an even taller task to complete at his disposal and will actually have a variety of moves instead of just punches and kicks

"Taller task" doesn't mean anything. It's like giving seven candies for free to the one and only luckiest guy in class, only telling that you need to cross some hurdles to get those(which the shounen protagonist will do of course, however hard it is). And yes this may sound surprising but you can have variety of moves instead of giving away seven freebies lol.

Mod Edit: Removed baiting & quote of deleted post.
DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:16 AM
Jan 19, 2019 12:55 AM
Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:
"Taller task" doesn't mean anything. It's like giving seven candies for free to the luckiest guy in class, only telling that you need to cross some hurdles to get those(which the protagonist will do of course). And yes this may sound surprising but you can have variety of moves instead of giving away seven freebies lol.

"Freebies" nothing has been free here. Did you forget that his quirk actually lost control and injured Ochako while it was activated? But apparently that's not a hurdle to overcome because "oh look new power". OfA has never actually benefited Deku and he had to work hard to even get only 20% of it to work, he didn't get these powers for free they were always apart of him so not only does he has his regular moveset to work on but he has Black Whip on top of that alongside 6 others.

DeadlyRavenJan 19, 2019 6:09 AM
Jan 19, 2019 4:16 AM

Jun 2015
Well, until the whole thing is done I won't throw down any permanent opinions. The story has deviated quite a bit from the start, yes, but it is too early to judge if Hori made the right decisions concerning the plot.

Going to be interesting to see how he keeps Deku from becoming too overpowered, though. Super strength + super quirks is a pretty formidable combo, considering All Might fucked up AFO twice with only the former. Eri (when she grows up and has control of her powers) will probably be limited somehow, I suspect.
uh oh!
Jan 19, 2019 4:29 AM

Mar 2015
i am not find this development bad on it's own... it's simply take different turn from what made BnHA used to be charming for me personally...

kind of sad because my view of this series just getting better because pro hero arc is astonishing...

Afloo said:

Delete this ASAP

longkazama said:
Still love the series. I would take a downgraded MHA over fucking Black Clover any day. It's not like there is a better shounen out there (besides JoJo)

why you bring BC here? what's correlation between them? what did they do wrong? what's soo bad with BC? can you give critics other than pace and animation? since sakugabooru already cover it in depth analysis...
https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2018/12/19/black-clover-63/
KumaJan 19, 2019 5:22 AM
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 19, 2019 6:33 AM

May 2009
Thread Cleaned.
Please stay on topic and refrain from making irrelevant posts/comments that do not contribute to discussion.
Jan 19, 2019 6:55 AM

Oct 2015
There hasn't been a thoroughly enjoyable or well-written arc since Kamino Ward. The Pro Hero arc is subject to how easily you can overlook the fact that Horikoshi tries to redeem a character who should be arrested and tried for the things he did to his children and wife, and I still won't forgive him for writing his self-insert into the manga telling the tv audeince, and by extension his readers, that we should overlook Endeavor's past transgressions because he's fighting a monster he created just for the sole purpose of improving Endeavor's image.

The Joint Class Exercise arc is by far the worst written arc in this manga, unseating the previous worst - The Yakuza arc. I can't believe it's so bad. The first fight was bad enough due to Horikoshi retconning his previously established themes and because it was poorly executed, but then every fight after just got worse and worse. And just when we hit Bakugo's match and I thought it couldn't get any worse than that, he pulls this shit. How do you stumble this hard less than 200 chapters into your long-running serialised manga?
Jan 19, 2019 7:29 AM

Mar 2018
Its freaking consistent........

Consistently mediocre

MHA = MEDIOCRE HERO ACADEMIA
There's no downfall whatsoever it was NEVER good from the start. At least Bleach had a good arc before going down into mediocrity. Smh.
Jan 19, 2019 8:34 AM
Aug 2018
Disappointing, but not unexpected.
MHA never gave me the impression that it wanted to be more than the average battle shonen series, a genre made for children in highschool, but it got too big for its own good. People treating it like the second coming of jesus in anime form and disregarding any form of criticism as shitposting are naive at best.
"You only hate it cause it's popular!11!1!1"
"It's not like those other shonen series, it's a subversion of the genre!"
"Ok it's filled with cliches, but it executes them well!"
I've heard those ad nauseam. To that I answer, what are you smoking and can I have some of that?
The pro hero arc proves that this series has potential to be something a bit more than the lowest common denominator, but the setting itself doesn't let it shine. In a world where there are all kinds of people with superpowers running around, your main focus is this boring ass highschool?
There's nothing wrong with enjoying whatever you want to enjoy, but know that if you keep playing with toys regarding them as the coolest shit in the world and anyone who dares criticize them is a mindless hater, you'll be called out of your shit for that.
Jan 19, 2019 9:12 AM
Jul 2018
asdf9911 said:
Disappointing, but not unexpected.
MHA never gave me the impression that it wanted to be more than the average battle shonen series, a genre made for children in highschool, but it got too big for its own good. People treating it like the second coming of jesus in anime form and disregarding any form of criticism as shitposting are naive at best.
"You only hate it cause it's popular!11!1!1"
"It's not like those other shonen series, it's a subversion of the genre!"
"Ok it's filled with cliches, but it executes them well!"
I've heard those ad nauseam. To that I answer, what are you smoking and can I have some of that?
The pro hero arc proves that this series has potential to be something a bit more than the lowest common denominator, but the setting itself doesn't let it shine. In a world where there are all kinds of people with superpowers running around, your main focus is this boring ass highschool?
There's nothing wrong with enjoying whatever you want to enjoy, but know that if you keep playing with toys regarding them as the coolest shit in the world and anyone who dares criticize them is a mindless hater, you'll be called out of your shit for that.

You're actually damn right. Most young people like simple mediocre stuff like this though. I mean it's even 2nd in top 100 anime list of Theanimeman.
Jan 19, 2019 10:00 AM
May 2016
Honestly, I expected this from the UE tournament, and a Power-up is very common in Shonens, but if Hori does not put restrictions on Deku, this could become ridiculous. The last arcs were an opportunity to do this, but it seems somewhat wasted by revealing it so suddenly. Definitely the series has been losing the touch or at least the ability to develop their characters in a credible way.
Jan 19, 2019 10:09 AM

Oct 2013
It was never good to begin with, mostly average/above average at times, the settings is too dull and the plot has no meant to it. That is why I drop the series entirely, didn't see a reason to watch any further.

But it came out the right time because of the super hero tv show/movie trend is really popular right now. I'm not into the super hero shows anymore so that is part of the other reason I don't like my hero.
keragammingJan 19, 2019 10:22 AM
Jan 19, 2019 10:18 PM
Jan 2019
Well in the first place the mc is really pathetic and stupid to begin with.
Other characters are also retarded to come with reason to make this story great
Jan 19, 2019 11:37 PM

Oct 2018
i feel a bit biased here (since bnha has been a favorite of mine for quite a bit), but i do feel like it's going a bit downwards in quality as well. while the new development with Midoriya having not one- not two- but 7 new quirks to toy around with is rather interesting, things can certainly get stale quick, especially when a series runs over 200 chapters. don't get me wrong, bnha is still a very good series (in my opinion!!), but i'd love for something new to happen that deviates from the formula Horikoshi often uses. that could definitely be interesting to see!
Jan 20, 2019 12:11 AM
Jul 2018
anon_on_run said:

The first post on your account is you shitting on my favorite show. LOL.

What a great honor. I love it.
Jan 20, 2019 12:18 AM

Aug 2017
longkazama said:
anon_on_run said:

The first post on your account is you shitting on my favorite show. LOL.

What a great honor. I love it.

Holy fuck it is their first post. LOL

Indeed that is hilarious, especially the improper grammar that makes it nigh incomprehensible to understand. A genuine laugh riot. XD
I used to be a watchmaker.
Jan 20, 2019 4:36 AM

Jun 2016
yes it's bad
yes it's garbage
Jan 20, 2019 5:53 AM

Mar 2010
Stripes said:

People want to jump on this bandwagon of "the series is descending" the second an issue might steam because the mangaka wants to introduce a new asset to a series. Lord.

I know y'all have been scorned by other mangaka but Horikoshi deserves some faith in his writing.

The Pro Hero and Cultural Festival were some of the best arcs of the series you on crack?

I think the best comment on this thread. Too bad we can't upvote stuff so i'll just have to also add my opinion with it. Horikoshi still hasn't even explained Eri entirely, we don't know her limits. We don't know loads of stuff yet. The people who complain simply can't see ahead for some reason.

In a nutshell:
1. Author adds something new to the plot
2. While the author has not even finished the plot entirely <--> At the same time people are already ranting how they don't like something.
Result: Bunch of whining people for no good reason.
Jan 20, 2019 6:32 AM
Jul 2018
Edocchi said:
yes it's bad
yes it's garbage
Lylaaz said:
Stripes said:

I think the best comment on this thread. Too bad we can't upvote stuff so i'll just have to also add my opinion with it. Horikoshi still hasn't even explained Eri entirely, we don't know her limits. We don't know loads of stuff yet. The people who complain simply can't see ahead for some reason.

In a nutshell:
1. Author adds something new to the plot
2. While the author has not even finished the plot entirely <--> At the same time people are already ranting how they don't like something.
Result: Bunch of whining people for no good reason.

two ends of the spectrum.....................
Jan 21, 2019 6:28 AM
Jul 2018
No, it was mediocre from the very beginning.
Jan 21, 2019 6:31 AM
Aug 2018
keragamming said:
It was never good to begin with, mostly average/above average at times, the settings is too dull and the plot has no meant to it. That is why I drop the series entirely, didn't see a reason to watch any further.

But it came out the right time because of the super hero tv show/movie trend is really popular right now. I'm not into the super hero shows anymore so that is part of the other reason I don't like my hero.

This. It's mostly been running on fan hype.
Jan 21, 2019 7:19 PM

Oct 2017
Downhill in quality?

Nope.
Jan 22, 2019 10:15 AM

Mar 2018
If we don't take this last chapter (213) into consideration. Yeah, it is going downhill in quality, slowly but surely. It started pretty good, your basic shonen stuff, then on the arcs of the S2 of the anime it peaked but is now feeling flat.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it and I read the new chapters as soon as they are translated by fans on spanish. But, is facing a lot of issues and is wasting potential.
Jan 24, 2019 9:50 PM
Jul 2018
CaptainNami said:
If we don't take this last chapter (213) into consideration. Yeah, it is going downhill in quality, slowly but surely. It started pretty good, your basic shonen stuff, then on the arcs of the S2 of the anime it peaked but is now feeling flat.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy it and I read the new chapters as soon as they are translated by fans on spanish. But, is facing a lot of issues and is wasting potential.

I feel the same, s2 arcs were probably the peak of bnha.
Jan 25, 2019 12:07 AM
Sep 2007
Just like The Promised Neverland, Shokugeki no Souma, and now My Hero, they all seem to peak within 1-3 arcs.
Hi
Jan 25, 2019 12:53 AM
Jul 2018
Kamapuaa said:
Just like The Promised Neverland, Shokugeki no Souma, and now My Hero, they all seem to peak within 1-3 arcs.

Hey screw you, you just spoil my expectations on PN. Goddamn it, I was watching anime only. On the other hand, i guess I shouldn't expect it to be a masterpiece then. Thanks for that! But fuck I'm still pissed.
Jan 25, 2019 2:04 AM
Jan 2015
Frostbytes said:

It was lower because this last few arcs serve more as build-up arc ..but this kind of arc was very important to establish the world-building of the series , the quirks , the characterization of other class a and b characters , endeavor , villain current development , etc

it is just that this series go into peak too quickly,especially after AFO vs All Might , that's why the last few arcs which used for world-building feel downhill ..it is not downhill in quality though , it's more like lack of tension/more serious battles which unavoidable for this kind of things...
frankykun13Jan 25, 2019 2:09 AM
Jan 25, 2019 2:49 AM

Nov 2018
i do feel the latest chapter is kinda so-so, but since it's a manga that updated weekly i keep thinking the author may have a health issue or something else, it's not like writting a good story is as easy as writting a criticsm comments

and since the MC is a highschool stundent i think it's normal that they kinda do highschool things.
calm down all, luffy still on his way to become a pirate king after 20 years and yet deku still a 1st grade higshool boy
just let him enjoy his highschool day, his boss where he did internship just died recently, don't be too hard on him.. take it easy~
sogegesogeJan 25, 2019 2:52 AM
Jan 25, 2019 3:15 AM

Feb 2018
The little endeavor arc was a rare ray of lights, but overall the series has gone downhill.
Jan 25, 2019 7:57 AM
Aug 2018
The first few arcs weren't bad, and BnHA has one of the best first chapters in any manga I've read, but the pacing has always felt poor to me, and the past few arcs especially have been tough to read.
Jan 25, 2019 7:57 AM
Aug 2018
The first few arcs weren't bad, and BnHA has one of the best first chapters in any manga I've read, but the pacing has always felt poor to me, and the past few arcs especially have been tough to read.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 421 Discussion

deg - Yesterday

2 by TengenFr »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 420 Discussion

deg - Apr 10

25 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 22, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 416 Discussion

deg - Mar 7

24 by omgtouya »»
Apr 20, 3:06 PM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 403 Discussion ( 1 2 )

deg - Oct 10, 2023

53 by tmsmnrq »»
Apr 19, 6:57 AM

Poll: » Boku no Hero Academia Chapter 372 Discussion

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 2, 2022

23 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 19, 2:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.