Forum Settings
Forums

2019 Anime Watching Challenge - Discussion (OPEN until DEC 15)

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »
Apr 15, 2019 8:08 AM

May 2017
EfiChan said:
kiv7 said:
Thank you very much πŸ™‚ All look interesting especially Vatican Kiseki Chousakan OVA
 For some reason I like your taste in Anime ❀ :)
again Thanks :)

You're welcome! By the way, it's really rare people like my taste. :P

Aeradae said:
Hello! This is my first time participating in this challenge, so would someone be kind enough to please have a look at my novice level and see if it looks alright? ^^

>>> Post here <<<

Novice part seems fine.

Thank you so much for checking that section! :D
Apr 15, 2019 1:18 PM

Nov 2015
Hi,

I'm wondering if Mao from Darker than Black (or the sequel) is suitable for challenge I.15 "Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character".

The challenge explanation mentions we can't use a character that can transform into a humanoid form.
Mao's character page says "Mao's ability is to possess the bodies of other animals", so I guess it's possible he can turn into a humanoid, but I have no idea if he does so (which would disqualify the series).

Can anyone advise if Mao is okay?
TealjowApr 15, 2019 3:17 PM
Apr 15, 2019 4:00 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Tealjow said:
Hi,

I'm wondering if Mao from Darker than Black (or the sequel) is suitable for challenge I.15 "Watch an anime with a non-humanoid main character".

The challenge explanation mentions we can't use a character that can transform into a humanoid form.
Mao's character page says "Mao's ability is to possess the bodies of other animals", so I guess it's possible he can turn into a humanoid, but I have no idea if he does so (which would disqualify the series).

It should be fine if you plan to use the first season of Darker than Black.
Apr 15, 2019 4:23 PM

Nov 2015
Yuki-Chan276 said:

It should be fine if you plan to use the first season of Darker than Black.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
Might need to shuffle my challenges around a bit...
Apr 16, 2019 12:01 AM

Apr 2010
Tealjow said:
Hi,

You can try to watch Ou Dorobou Jing. Nice relaxed anime (relatively, anyway).

Apr 16, 2019 3:31 AM

Feb 2017
Hello i have a question regarding the item Intermediate #25
Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set — participants are those that post in the sign-up thread and haven't withdrawn from the challenge; forum set refers to their signature images and forum avatar; state the username and initial post number; link to their post; save a screenshot in case they change it

If i save the screenshot now but start watching the anime in like 2 weeks, would it still be valid when the user changes his Profil?

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Apr 16, 2019 6:43 AM

Aug 2015
ManuelB87 said:
Hello i have a question regarding the item Intermediate #25
Watch an anime featured in another participant's forum set — participants are those that post in the sign-up thread and haven't withdrawn from the challenge; forum set refers to their signature images and forum avatar; state the username and initial post number; link to their post; save a screenshot in case they change it

If i save the screenshot now but start watching the anime in like 2 weeks, would it still be valid when the user changes his Profil?

Yes, that is the purpose of the screenshot. It doesn't matter if that user later changes their forum set.
Apr 16, 2019 7:20 AM

Aug 2017
Can I get a revision for my novice AWC so I can continue with the Apprentice level?
Link: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336&show=50#msg56671396
Apr 16, 2019 7:31 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Gonaiorica said:
Can I get a revision for my novice AWC so I can continue with the Apprentice level?
Link: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1759336&show=50#msg56671396
I just did a quick skim of yours and so far it looks good.
Apr 16, 2019 11:31 AM

Nov 2015
EfiChan said:

You can try to watch Ou Dorobou Jing. Nice relaxed anime (relatively, anyway).

Thanks for the tip.

I've managed to shuffle my challenges around and I'm able to use Darker than Black for that non-humanoid criteria.
I don't think I can watch Jing with my remaining challenges, but I've added it to my plan-to-watch list, I'll get around to it at some point.
Apr 16, 2019 11:42 AM

Dec 2009
Can I get a rec please.

I would prefer something that doesn't have an all or mostly female cast please.

Thank you.

Apr 16, 2019 12:15 PM

Feb 2017
breathesunshine said:
Can I get a rec please.

Thank you.

You have seen most of the things i would recommend for that but you might like Charlotte
Its well balanced in regards to male and female cast in my opinion.

AWC_mod said:

Jan 01 - Sep 29 || Angelic Expert, Persistent Master of TV || #2297 || #76 || @ManuelB87

Apr 16, 2019 1:00 PM

Apr 2010
breathesunshine said:
Can I get a rec please.

Thank you.

I know many (As I don't watch these animes)I know you got something, but maybe you want more options.

Akatsuki no Yona: Kind of Harem, but it's the main genre.
DRAMAtical Murder: No, it's not a yaoi (the ova is, but hey, I never recommended it... or watched it). There idiotic meaningless little kiss between two guys, but that's it. Hardly any females.
Gankutsuou: Warning - Heavy theme
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu: No girls at all
Kurshotsuji - Book of Circus: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the animation reminds a shoujo. But believe me, it's far from that. Quite heavy theme.
Orange: 3 guys, 2 girls. Main girl though.
The Royal Tutor, Heine: No girls. Okay, a minor one... or 2?
Owari no Seraph: In the main group there are 2 girls out of 5 (though one of the guys isn't too manly), but other than that, most of the cast are male.
Trigun: A classic worth watching.

Hope you'll find anything interesting (even if unrelated)

Apr 17, 2019 2:18 AM

Aug 2017
breathesunshine said:
Can I get a rec please.

Thank you.

From your PTW, hope you'll enjoy them

Haikyuu!!: Karasuno Koukou vs. Shiratorizawa Gakuen Koukou
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
Ling Qi
Major S2
Saiki Kusuo no Ψ-nan 2
Saintβ˜†Oniisan (Movie)
Sakamichi no Apollon
91 Days
Tight-rope
Apr 17, 2019 6:45 AM

May 2015
Hello everybody. May somebody give me some recommendations for these challenges:

(I.06) Watch an anime that began airing between 1980 and 1989
(Having a hard time with this one for some reason)

(I.13) Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from an anime challenge team member
(I'm not fully certain as to what a "Anime Challenge Team Member" is, whether that means a person who's participating in the challenge, or a person who setup the challenge, such as a M.A.L moderator, but, hopefully somebody here can help me out. An Anime that is popular, only, you rated it 4 of less would be preferred, but, not necessary)

Thanks alot!
Apr 17, 2019 6:52 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Olde-Jo said:
Hello everybody. May somebody give me some recommendations for these challenges:

(I.13) Watch a completed anime scored 4 or less from an anime challenge team member
(I'm not fully certain as to what a "Anime Challenge Team Member" is, whether that means a person who's participating in the challenge, or a person who setup the challenge, such as a M.A.L moderator, but, hopefully somebody here can help me out. An Anime that is popular, only, you rated it 4 of less would be preferred, but, not necessary)

Thanks alot!

For (I.06), I haven't seen a lot of 80's stuff, but I would recommend:

Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster or
Macross

For (I.13), anime challenge team members are listed under the profile of the AWC_Mod. I happen to be one of them, so if you want to use me feel free to, otherwise there are more people you can use.
Apr 17, 2019 6:54 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Olde-Jo said:

Thanks alot!

I don't have recommendations for I.06.

An anime challenge team member is one of the ones that inspect turn-ins. Me included.

Link to my completed list, sorted by score, lowest on top.
Apr 17, 2019 6:54 AM

May 2015
bigdud24 said:
Olde-Jo said:

Thanks alot!

Macross

For (I.13), anime challenge team members are listed under the profile of the AWC_Mod. I happen to be one of them, so if you want to use me feel free to, otherwise there are more people you can use.
bigdud24 said:
Olde-Jo said:

Thanks alot!

Macross

Superb response! Now I know where to head from here. Thanks, pal!
Apr 18, 2019 1:31 PM

Feb 2017
23. Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total and rated G or PG

Does PG-13 count?
Apr 18, 2019 2:05 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
arandompandah said:

Does PG-13 count?

PG-13 would not count as it's an entirely separate rating than G or PG.
Apr 18, 2019 3:38 PM

Jan 2018
Just to make sure, for Ad.17 "Watch an anime with an honorific in the title", would Plastic Neesan be valid?
Apr 18, 2019 4:42 PM
Jul 2018
I'm at the novice level, trying to watch all the 31 items. Does that count as a "restriction" or I'm just making it difficult for me without no reason?
Apr 19, 2019 12:45 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
arandompandah said:

Does PG-13 count?

PG is PG (kids), PG-13 is separate.

Tubbyman said:
Just to make sure, for Ad.17 "Watch an anime with an honorific in the title", would Plastic Neesan be valid?

Neesan has the honorific "san" in there so I'd say valid.

MathValim said:
I'm at the novice level, trying to watch all the 31 items. Does that count as a "restriction" or I'm just making it difficult for me without no reason?

You're only making it difficult for yourself, as you'll have to remove the excessive (11 items) from your list to get the required amount.
Apr 19, 2019 4:04 AM

Feb 2017
Hello just want to make sure for the item Intermediate 24
Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the title — excludes symbols/numbers in the title; the words must be separated by a space

How do japanese titles count? For example would Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen be valid? Do the wa and no count as words?

AWC_mod said:

Apr 19, 2019 4:14 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
ManuelB87 said:
Hello just want to make sure for the item Intermediate 24
Watch an anime with 6 or more words in the title — excludes symbols/numbers in the title; the words must be separated by a space

How do japanese titles count? For example would Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen be valid? Do the wa and no count as words?

Yes, should be valid.

(character limit pls)
Apr 19, 2019 8:49 AM

Aug 2015
Ayy, help/recommendations for couple of Intermediate challenges would be appreciated.

(I.18) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total and tagged with 2 or less genres

(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member
Apr 19, 2019 9:15 AM
Dragon Idol

May 2017
Yuissi said:
Ayy, help/recommendations for couple of Intermediate challenges would be appreciated.

(I.18) Watch an anime with more than 16 minutes in total and tagged with 2 or less genres

For (I.06) I'd say take a look at the seasonal chart and find something you may like (yes, it's possible to go that far back)

For (I.18) I recommend to look at the comedy and music genres, though lesser used genres like magic could also contain a few

Apr 19, 2019 10:18 AM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
Yuissi said:

(I.21) Watch an anime with 4 episodes or more recommended to you by a challenge team member

Sakamichi no Apollon
Casshern Sins
Net-juu no Susume
Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu
Kiznaiver
Apr 19, 2019 1:03 PM

Feb 2017
I want to make sure, but can I use an anime I put On Hold for the anime challenge? I put it on hold before 2019 and I only watched 3 ep. before putting it on hold. If I were to watch it again and put it off hold, would it count?
Apr 19, 2019 1:15 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
arandompandah said:
I want to make sure, but can I use an anime I put On Hold for the anime challenge? I put it on hold before 2019 and I only watched 3 ep. before putting it on hold. If I were to watch it again and put it off hold, would it count?

It would only work for I.29 Finish an anime you put on-hold or dropped on or before July, 2018. For all other items, the anime must be watched in its entirety in 2019.
Apr 20, 2019 9:57 PM

Jan 2016
I'd like a recommendation please! no ecchi
Apr 20, 2019 11:28 PM

Mar 2009
I've read the FAQ but still don't quite understand, forgive me, so I'm asking here... how do airing anime work within this?

For instance, we have to start one section after the other right. So if we're using an airing anime for one section, do we have to wait for it to finish airing before we start the next section?

We cannot use it for the next section, because we started it before we'll be starting the next section right. So airing anime are something we should largely discount?

@SuperComicGeek
You seemed to really enjoy Haikyuu. How about Ookiku Furikabutte?
ClaptrapApr 20, 2019 11:32 PM
Apr 21, 2019 1:13 AM

Apr 2010
SuperComicGeek said:
I'd like a recommendation please! no ecchi

Tears to Tiara
Donten ni Warau
DRAMAtical Murder
Orange
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records (a bit ecchi, not a catastrophe)
Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji
Sengoku Musou
Koi to Uso
Bakumatsu

Apr 21, 2019 4:51 AM

Apr 2010
Claptrap said:
So airing anime are something we should largely discount?

Yes, unless you're only interested in doing a few of the lower difficulties. That's one of the challenges of this year's structure.
Apr 21, 2019 1:42 PM
Apr 2017
17. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field - Would I be able to use Kiki as a courier from Kiki's Delivery Service?

Apr 21, 2019 1:49 PM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
GaiusNereus said:
17. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in their field - Would I be able to use Kiki as a courier from Kiki's Delivery Service?

I think she receives money for delivering stuff, so I'm guessing it's valid.
Apr 21, 2019 4:52 PM

Aug 2013
For entries like (Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are human adults, if the age is specified in another source, how do I write so in the list?

Also, can someone recommend me something for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread? Anything's fine but please try to keep it 2 cours max if you recommend tv series, ty.
Apr 21, 2019 4:54 PM

Feb 2018
When it says watched between 2010 and 2015 that means it can air in 2010 or 2015 right?
Apr 21, 2019 5:03 PM
King of Justice

Mar 2017
simon443 said:
For entries like (Ap.19) Watch an anime with 3 or more main characters in which more than half are human adults, if the age is specified in another source, how do I write so in the list?

Also, can someone recommend me something for (Ap.29) Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread? Anything's fine but please try to keep it 2 cours max if you recommend tv series, ty.
You can provide a link to the source as a piece of evidence on a new line following the challenge using the following:
[url=urlofyoursourcehere]Link[/url]

For (Ap.29):
Mob Psycho 100 II
Gyakkyou Burai Kaiji: Ultimate Survivor
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu
3-gatsu no Lion

DancinMuffin said:
When it says watched between 2010 and 2015 that means it can air in 2010 or 2015 right?

The start date needs to have begun in 2010 or 2015 or between, so yes.
Apr 21, 2019 9:48 PM

Sep 2018
Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters

Does Mob Psycho 100 II count? Or are they too old?
Apr 22, 2019 12:41 AM

Apr 2010
HelloDarkness52 said:
Watch an anime with at least 3 human children as main characters

Does Mob Psycho 100 II count? Or are they too old?

Middle school is too old.

I think Gakuen Alice should be fine (I read the manga and quit for some reason... cam't remember why). Except this and Card Captor Sakura (not clear cards), I can't think of a single thing. Sorry.

Apr 22, 2019 3:20 AM

Aug 2013
Ty @bigdud24, I really enjoyed the first season of Mob and, having planned the challenge before the 2nd season ended, I didn't include it so I won't let this chance go.

As for @HelloDarkness52, you can watch Kodomo no Jikan too from your P2W as the 3 girls are stated to be 10 in their MAL pages.
Apr 22, 2019 6:48 PM

Aug 2014
Quick question, I'm joining the challenge a little late, but I have watched shows prior to today in 2019, however there's also this rule:
-- If the last anime you completed for Novice has a finish date of January 31st (on your form), then all Apprentice level items must have start dates of January 31st or later (on your form). You cannot begin watching anime for Apprentice items on January 30th.

Does this mean I can only use shows I completed in 2019 for the novice section only? Also, would my challenge start date be the day I actively watch something for the challenge or the day I started the first anime I'm using?
KozmologyApr 22, 2019 6:57 PM
Apr 23, 2019 1:20 AM
Dreamcatcher

Aug 2013
Kozmology said:
Quick question, I'm joining the challenge a little late, but I have watched shows prior to today in 2019, however there's also this rule:
-- If the last anime you completed for Novice has a finish date of January 31st (on your form), then all Apprentice level items must have start dates of January 31st or later (on your form). You cannot begin watching anime for Apprentice items on January 30th.

Does this mean I can only use shows I completed in 2019 for the novice section only? Also, would my challenge start date be the day I actively watch something for the challenge or the day I started the first anime I'm using?

Every anime that you use for this challenge, be it for Novice or later sections, must be started (and finished) in 2019. Anything that is started before January 1 2019, will be unusable for it, except for the only item that can be completed with an anime started prior to 2019. Which is the on-hold item in Apprentice.

Your challenge start date is the day you start watching your first anime for this challenge. Even if that means you only watched one episode that day.
Apr 23, 2019 1:25 AM

Apr 2010
Kozmology said:

1) Not necessarily ; anything you started watching after the 20 items you're using for Novice can be used for Apprentice (and so on). There may be too much overlap for any anime to be usable this way, but maybe a few still fit.

2) The start date of the first anime you're using.
Apr 23, 2019 9:56 AM

Dec 2017
Stupid question, but is K-On considered a one word title? Planning on using it for:

(Ap.33) Watch an anime that has a one-word title
Apr 23, 2019 10:00 AM

Jan 2015
Any recommendations for "Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less"?
I've already watched Saiki Kusuo and Agressive Retsuko but those are the only ones that come to mind :(

Apr 23, 2019 10:13 AM

Aug 2015
Cevoy said:
Stupid question, but is K-On considered a one word title? Planning on using it for:

(Ap.33) Watch an anime that has a one-word title

It doesn't count due to the interlocked hyphen.
Apr 23, 2019 10:21 AM

Jul 2014
hotlinetohell said:
Any recommendations for "Watch an anime with 35 or more episodes that are each 15 minutes or less"?
I've already watched Saiki Kusuo and Agressive Retsuko but those are the only ones that come to mind :(
Fushigi Mahou Fun Fun Pharmacy

(character limit)
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (48) « First ... « 30 31 [32] 33 34 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

56 by Pinoffin »»
3 minutes ago

Poll: » What tropes do you find the most annoying in a protagonist?

ZeroMajor12 - 2 hours ago

13 by APolygons2 »»
3 minutes ago

» what is battle shonen?

deg - 2 hours ago

14 by APolygons2 »»
6 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 1 hour ago

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 3 hours ago

21 by -Ryu »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.