Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 28, 2018 12:10 PM

Aug 2018
Akabane_Atalai said:
i like this anime and all my friends too, idk why people hate this anime (yeah haters gonna hate)

I don't know about the haters but the things I found annoying were the pseudo-scientific explanations, how the plot feels forced a couple of times and not all the characters are great. I still like this show tho and I gave it a 7.

Mai, Sakuta and the Kouhai were great imo, the other were meh. But in the last episode Sakuta was really disappointing imo, especially the scene were he ran from the hospital near the beginning.

This is why I don't think this show is great. But is my opinion, and I don't hate the love some people have for it.
Dec 28, 2018 12:28 PM

Dec 2014
Like I said for many years: Reviews are irrelevant. They stopped being relevant many years ago when otaku transformed from awkward teenagers enjoying an entertainment medium, in some sort of edgy wannabe's, chosen by God to spread the Gospel of what is good and not. Is always the same: if a show gets high ratings, appreciation and becomes mainstream, it will get reviews with ridiculous scores of bellow 4, and biased and emotionally invested Ph.D. papers (because you can't call those reviews), and they will get on the top because they are voted by the few hundreds who actually gave the low scores... Just ignore the reviews, they are irrelevant, and a waste of time... do something better with that time: watch an anime, read some manga... or an actual book. As for ratings, the overall score of the anime is far more accurate and says something about the quality of the anime: when +24 000 peoples gave it a 10, and another +30 000 gave it a 9, it means, the anime will most likely be enjoyable, even if 351 peoples gave it a 1. This is the main reason why I can't buy into the shit with: ''SAO is overrated trash and the worst anime ever made'' - the scores are talking, by themselfs. Is a majority thing - statistically speaking, if 100 000 peoples enjoyed it, and 1000 didn't, there are very high chances that you will be 100 001, rather than 1001.
Dec 28, 2018 12:47 PM

Aug 2018
kronopy said:
Like I said for many years: Reviews are irrelevant. They stopped being relevant many years ago when otaku transformed from awkward teenagers enjoying an entertainment medium, in some sort of edgy wannabe's, chosen by God to spread the Gospel of what is good and not. Is always the same: if a show gets high ratings, appreciation and becomes mainstream, it will get reviews with ridiculous scores of bellow 4, and biased and emotionally invested Ph.D. papers (because you can't call those reviews), and they will get on the top because they are voted by the few hundreds who actually gave the low scores... Just ignore the reviews, they are irrelevant, and a waste of time... do something better with that time: watch an anime, read some manga... or an actual book. As for ratings, the overall score of the anime is far more accurate and says something about the quality of the anime: when +24 000 peoples gave it a 10, and another +30 000 gave it a 9, it means, the anime will most likely be enjoyable, even if 351 peoples gave it a 1. This is the main reason why I can't buy into the shit with: ''SAO is overrated trash and the worst anime ever made'' - the scores are talking, by themselfs. Is a majority thing - statistically speaking, if 100 000 peoples enjoyed it, and 1000 didn't, there are very high chances that you will be 100 001, rather than 1001.

Well, being honest Einstein was one dude not 7 billions. What I mean is that the minority can be right and the mayority wrong.

But as a side note, even I don't think greatly of SAO I think that it can be enjoyable and the haters are just overreacting. I can enjoy it even tho it has a lot of problems, the studio did a great job with it every season and the animation was always great imo. The plot is not that bad. But the characters are boring and bland, and the info dumps shows how poorly written the show is sometimes.
Dec 28, 2018 12:50 PM

Jun 2017
MAL reviews is less about informing people whether they will like a show or not and more about showing off your Ph.Ds in anime & manga memes and circlejerking each other over their 'taste in cartoons'. And popular shows attracts the most of those deranged edgelord wannabes.

Anyways, I don't have much attatchment to the show, I think only the first three episodes and last two episodes were good, the rest were getting progressively boring. But I can understand why many love it and try their best to defend it from the Professional Anime Critic™ crowd.
Dec 28, 2018 12:53 PM

Jun 2017
DaCraziGuy said:
Well, being honest Einstein was one dude not 7 billions. What I mean is that the minority can be right and the mayority wrong

Real dumb comparison there tbh, Einstein was doing theoretical physics, not something everyone does while everyone can watch cartoons and form their opinions about it. Physical sciences are objective, enjoyability of chinese cartoons isn't.
AriavartanDec 28, 2018 12:59 PM
Dec 28, 2018 1:09 PM

Aug 2018
Ariavartan said:
DaCraziGuy said:
Well, being honest Einstein was one dude not 7 billions. What I mean is that the minority can be right and the mayority wrong

Real dumb comparison there tbh, Einstein was doing theoretical physics, not something everyone does while everyone can watch cartoons and form their opinions about it. Physical sciences are objective, enjoyability of chinese cartoons isn't.

It was to make a point, of course it's not the same. My point is that one person can get some things that most people can't. Besides, I already said that people take too seriously anime.

Science is objective but anime isn't 100% subjective.

And even the way that one watches cartoons change when you start to notice more things, so knowing more or less change the things.

Ariavartan said:
MAL reviews is less about informing people whether they will like a show or not and more about showing off your Ph.Ds in anime & manga memes and circlejerking each other over their 'taste in cartoons'. And popular shows attracts the most of those deranged edgelord wannabes.

Anyways, I don't have much attatchment to the show, I think only the first three episodes and last two episodes were good, the rest were getting progressively boring. But I can understand why many love it and try their best to defend it from the Professional Anime Critic™ crowd.

Most of the people that are old in the site say the same thing, I guess it's normal then.
DaCraziGuyDec 28, 2018 1:14 PM
Dec 28, 2018 1:18 PM

Dec 2014
DaCraziGuy said:
Well, being honest Einstein was one dude not 7 billions. What I mean is that the minority can be right and the mayority wrong.

Not really... here we talk about factual truths vs abstract truths... A scientifical theory is a factual truth. 2+2=4 - that's a factual truth, it cannot be changed. Liking an anime or not is more of abstract truth, because it includes abstracts concepts: ''I fell'', ''I think'', ''In my opinion'', etc. You don't feel that 2+2=4 - 2+2=4 no matter your feeling or beliefs, is a factual truth, not a matter of opinion. And sure, Einstein may be right or wrong in his theories, but he builds them on factual truths... The fact that an anime is a masterpiece or trash will never be a factual truth is all just a matter of opinion, trough a series of values, that are most of the time temporary. Many great movies and books of the past are trashed today, because despise being seen as masterpieces at some point in the time, today are incompatible with our society and current views. That why an oppion is an abstract truth... There is no Einstein otaku... You can't be better than others at consuming something...
Dec 28, 2018 1:44 PM

Aug 2018
Lol I don't care about the reviews. I loved this show, that's it, I don't need reading others' opinion.
Dec 28, 2018 1:45 PM

Apr 2007
The maturity level of MAL'ers never ceases to disappoint me.
Dec 28, 2018 1:52 PM

Nov 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
I'm just happy that 3 of the top reviews are negative

Really? That's pretty fucking sad.

Not really when I think the show really isn't very good. I would say that makes me the opposite of sad.
Dec 28, 2018 2:16 PM

Jan 2017
How does this have a higher rating than let's say Samurai Champloo. People voting it so high are out of their mind.

I mean you can enjoy it and feel cozy about it, whatever. But in the end and just objectively looking looking at it, this anime has suffered from poor writing, stiff characters and too much random supernatural stuff which didn't contribute to the overall story at all.

I rated it lower than I probably would have but all these 10/10 reviews trigger me too much.
Dec 28, 2018 2:38 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
Reuterli said:
How does this have a higher rating than let's say Samurai Champloo. People voting it so high are out of their mind.

I mean you can enjoy it and feel cozy about it, whatever. But in the end and just objectively looking looking at it, this anime has suffered from poor writing, stiff characters and too much random supernatural stuff which didn't contribute to the overall story at all.

Objectively doesn't exist for an entertainment medium. You basically just have a lot of traits an Anime has (high or low production quality, finesse of writing, designs are even more to individual taste) and every viewer can choose by themselves how to weigh those. What bothers them and what doesn't.

My favorite Anime is 3-Gatsu no Lion, and that's mostly based on a very personal connection to themes, characters, the overall aesthetic appealing to me very strongly and so on. I wouldn't call it the best Anime in existence. It merely is my personal favorite. A Best Anime doesn't exist because everyone has their own.

What's usually fun is exchanging these viewpoints with people, sharing their favorites and maybe even finding new favorites in the process. I will "defend" my favorite and explain to people why I like it if they want to hear it. No one can tell me my personal connection is wrong. But when a lot of people of all stages of life - more or less diverse - come together like this, some don't have a discussion culture and just defend their personal favorites because they take it as an insult to themselves if anyone else doesn't share their perspective on it. It's self preservation.

And that's why the only thing that should matter to everyone is enjoying their own personal favorites and searching for the right circles and people to share their joy with, or the right circles of people to have discussions with without there being any necessity for a pointless war between the two sides (and many, many left in the middle).
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Dec 28, 2018 5:18 PM

Aug 2018
kronopy said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Many great movies and books of the past are trashed today, because despise being seen as masterpieces at some point in the time, today are incompatible with our society and current views. That why an oppion is an abstract truth... There is no Einstein otaku... You can't be better than others at consuming something...

If they were 100% objective classics shouldn't exists and all the shows should be forgotten, like most do. Always there is some role model that the people follows because of how great they were, that's why some shows get "inspired" by them or some are parodied by some shows. Others are so great that they become culture (Not only anime, Star Wars is also an example of this).

You might hate or like something, but some things are made with a lot more of though and passion and sometimes is not hard to tell.

And again, the Einstein thing was just to make a point, you could replaced it with anything else, for example, in a hard test only the minority appoved, that means the minority was right. Stop taking all literally. Jeez.
Dec 28, 2018 5:30 PM

Nov 2016
Jare4lopez said:
I haven't seen the Bunny-senpai Anime tho I plan on doing it but, I've noted many Monogatari Series Fans sorta hated the show, Am I Wrong here? I loved Monogatari Series so maybe I will hate it too, dunno. I hope too it doesn't become a trend but hey! this kind of events bring more heat and makes this place a bit more active and fun, so it's always good and exciting, at least in my opinion.

I love both. I felt like it was a Love letter to the Monogatari Series TBH. I don't really get the Hate, Especially From Fellow Monogatari Fans.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 28, 2018 5:33 PM

Mar 2016
DaCraziGuy said:
Well, today I've seen this war of review about Bunny Sempai bashing the other opinions. I can't believe the amounts of "ignore the negative/positive reviews". WTF is that? I can't believe this shit. I hope it doesn't become a trend.

I liked the show btw, but I don't get why someone would hate or love it to that extreme.

Are you surprised by this? This happened before? When? Do you think it is fine?

Cause haters will be haters, regardless. Also, I think it's more of a lack of understanding of the show for one particular side.
Dec 28, 2018 8:48 PM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I really love the smell of salty people in this thread at night.
Dec 28, 2018 11:27 PM

Aug 2018
Ryuseishun said:

Cause haters will be haters, regardless.

I agree on this.

Also, I think it's more of a lack of understanding of the show for one particular side.

I don't get what you mean here.
Dec 29, 2018 1:18 AM

Oct 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
Ariavartan said:

It was to make a point, of course it's not the same. My point is that one person can get some things that most people can't. Besides, I already said that people take too seriously anime.

And even the way that one watches cartoons change when you start to notice more things, so knowing more or less change the things.

Ariavartan said:

Most of the people that are old in the site say the same thing, I guess it's normal then.

Anime is 100% subjective. There is no set criteria that can define its end value.
Dec 29, 2018 4:30 AM

Mar 2016
DaCraziGuy said:
Ryuseishun said:

Cause haters will be haters, regardless.

I agree on this.

Also, I think it's more of a lack of understanding of the show for one particular side.

People may just blow a show off as bad because they never actively tried to understand what it was trying to present or tell...(ex. Morales, themes, etc)
Dec 29, 2018 5:42 AM

Aug 2018
Ryuseishun said:
DaCraziGuy said:

I agree on this.

People may just blow a show off as bad because they never actively tried to understand what it was trying to present or tell...(ex. Morales, themes, etc)

I also agree on that, but missunderstanding something can work both ways. I've seen people making great deal of some things that were pretty basic or some people complaining about how a mystery show is mysterious hahaha.

In the case of Bunny sempai I have 2 things I don't get: why someone would hate the MC and why someone would like the pseudo scientific explanations. One good and one bad example.
Dec 29, 2018 5:45 AM

Aug 2018
Classy_Cassy said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Anime is 100% subjective. There is no set criteria that can define its end value.

If they were 100% objective classics shouldn't exists and all the shows should be forgotten, like most do. Always there is some role model that the people follows because of how great they were, that's why some shows get "inspired" by them or some are parodied by some shows. Others are so great that they become culture (Not only anime, Star Wars is also an example of this).

This is pretty much the same anwser I gave to someone that said something similar.
Dec 29, 2018 6:12 AM

Mar 2016
DaCraziGuy said:
Ryuseishun said:

I also agree on that, but missunderstanding something can work both ways. I've seen people making great deal of some things that were pretty basic or some people complaining about how a mystery show is mysterious hahaha.

In the case of Bunny sempai I have 2 things I don't get: why someone would hate the MC and why someone would like the pseudo scientific explanations. One good and one bad example.

I’ll attempt to answer that: for example the top review on Bunny Girl Senpai (for the time being) claimed that Sakuta isn’t realistic because of how much he seems to not give a care about how others perceive him in public, basically stating he’s supposedly “an asshole”.....Hachiman is supposedly not an asshole because he perceives better and is smarter (according to what I’m told), as well as supposedly being a more realistic character

I would kinda agree why people may think that, but honestly the excuse for Hachiman to be given a free pass and not Sakuta is laughable, imo.

The second question you had.....I think it’s because most of us tend to like the sci fi mystery elements. We like the suspense or like being presented with scientific explanations....at least that’s what I think, and that adds more to the enjoyment value at least, if not as well as the story writing.

Okay maybe I didn’t answer as well as I wanted, but I tried
Dec 29, 2018 6:35 AM

Feb 2015
>why someone would hate or love it to that extreme.

Think of SAO, and you'll understand why.
Dec 29, 2018 6:44 AM

Oct 2016
TsukuyomiREKT said:
Pixel_Vapour said:
I'm just happy that 3 of the top reviews are negative

Really? That's pretty fucking sad.

unless he feeds on negativity
HucuChillDec 29, 2018 6:48 AM
But do not distress yourself with dark imaginings.
Dec 29, 2018 6:56 AM

Aug 2018
Ryuseishun said:
DaCraziGuy said:

I’ll attempt to answer that: for example the top review on Bunny Girl Senpai (for the time being) claimed that Sakuta isn’t realistic because of how much he seems to not give a care about how others perceive him in public, basically stating he’s supposedly “an asshole”.....Hachiman is supposedly not an asshole because he perceives better and is smarter (according to what I’m told), as well as supposedly being a more realistic character

I would kinda agree why people may think that, but honestly the excuse for Hachiman to be given a free pass and not Sakuta is laughable, imo.

The second question you had.....I think it’s because most of us tend to like the sci fi mystery elements. We like the suspense or like being presented with scientific explanations....at least that’s what I think, and that adds more to the enjoyment value at least, if not as well as the story writing.

Okay maybe I didn’t answer as well as I wanted, but I tried

I don't find Sakuta that unrealistic, I never though of him like that, I never knew that reason and I think you might be right.

The second one, you said something that I really hate "scientific"... as someone that loves logic, interestig theories, moral dilemas, psychological aproaches and philosophy I think that leaving the pseudo out of the ecuation is insulting.

This show use half-baked quantum physics theories to explain supernatural events stretching every point to a hilarious extreme that, at least in my case, is really hard to take seriously. Actually, I would've enjoy it more if they didn't tried to pull that.

Also those theories were exploited to an extreme in anime/manga.

Of course, this is my opinion I don't plan to argue. Btw, I scored the show 7 and I liked it anyway.
Dec 29, 2018 3:24 PM

May 2016
I think the review system is a bit busted. There was another thread about reviews, especially of Bunny Girl Senpai. The conversation there was more about people waiting for the show to finish then posting their reviews either painting the show as a holy grail or the scum of the earth.

I liked the show despite all its similarities to other series and the criticism for that. Personally, I haven't seen Monogatari but apparently, Bunny Girl Senpai is the same thing -.-

Not saying those criticisms were all wrong. People will argue over anything these days.

Dec 29, 2018 3:37 PM

Oct 2018
DaCraziGuy said:
Classy_Cassy said:

This is pretty much the same anwser I gave to someone that said something similar.

Your argument doesn’t address the fact that there is no way to quantify an anime’s quality and value. This proves that anime is subjective because it is left to people’s opinions to determine its value. Classics don’t exist because there’s objectivity to them. They exist because people subjectively believe it’s good.

I think what you’re trying to say is that anime (art) has objective aspects that can be concluded. For example, one piece being the best selling manga is objective. Eiichiro Oda being inspired by Akira Toriyama is objective. The amount of filler used in an anime is objective. The amount of frames that were drawn in an anime is objective. The number of characters created in said anime is objective. I think you get the idea.

However, anime in itself is 100% subjective because it’s quality and worth/value is left entirely to the consumers and creators with their opinions and preferences to decide.
Classy_CassyDec 29, 2018 3:45 PM
Dec 29, 2018 3:41 PM

Aug 2018
Ponds667 said:
I think the review system is a bit busted. There was another thread about reviews, especially of Bunny Girl Senpai. The conversation there was more about people waiting for the show to finish then posting their reviews either painting the show as a holy grail or the scum of the earth.

I liked the show despite all its similarities to other series and the criticism for that. Personally, I haven't seen Monogatari but apparently, Bunny Girl Senpai is the same thing -.-

Not saying those criticisms were all wrong. People will argue over anything these days.

As someone that followed monogatari since it aired I can tell you, they are similar but different enough. Most people get too serious and try to make points were there is none. Even if the show isn't "unique" it has it's own personality.

I prefer Monogatari, but I enjoyed Bunny sempai as well.
Dec 29, 2018 3:47 PM

Aug 2018
Classy_Cassy said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Your argument doesn’t address the fact that there is no way to quantify an anime’s quality and value. This proves that anime is subjective because it is left to people’s opinions to determine its value. Classics don’t exist because there’s objectivity to them. They exist because people subjectively believe it’s good.

I think what you’re trying to say is that anime (art) has objective aspects that can be concluded. For example, one piece being the best selling manga is objective. Eiichiro Oda being inspired by Akira Toriyama is objective. The amount of filler used in an anime is objective. The amount of frames that were drawn in an anime is objective. The number of characters created in said anime is objective. I think you get the idea.

However, anime in itself is subjective because it’s quality and worth/value is left entirely to the consumers and creators with their opinions and preferences to decide.

Sure, talent is something subjective too. And the people that made hits after hits were just lucky. The techniques that every kind of art uses can be done be anyone. Also anyone can be an artist, sure. Because it's just 100% subjective and everyone can love what you do. Also budget is a subjective thing and a show like Gokudoll(show that I like) might look better animated that SAO (meh show to me) to some people... Sure, I don't have a doubt now.

Thanks mate, you opened my eyes.
Dec 29, 2018 7:00 PM

May 2018
While I do think Bunny is overrated, the amount of hate it getting is ridiculous. Show is over, time to move on haters.
Dec 29, 2018 8:39 PM

May 2011
People should understand that even if a series is mediocre, if the mass are able to enjoy it then it's generally a good anime since it's able to capture people regardless of their quality.

It's like hating/arguing with people who enjoys a certain food, but you had to go ahead and criticize the person, flaming that person for eating such a cheap food that lack variety/creativity. Seriously if people love eating the food, why do you have to be bothered by how cheaply and lack of creativity of the food if the vast majority of people enjoys it.

Personally I can see why this anime can be horrible, but regardless I was still able to enjoy this series so just let it be. These conflicts are weird since it's like arguing or forcing others to love or hate on the food.

Dec 29, 2018 10:48 PM

Dec 2017
Eh... Not bad from my view. It's not unexpected that people write full fledged reviews after the show is done. I mean this is common sense.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Dec 29, 2018 11:08 PM
Jul 2018
Like other says, I think that happens every year and mostly being targeted to popular LN/original shows. 2016 was probably rezero and 2017 was perhaps Recreators and now this year both Bunny Girl and Goblin Slayer.
As of now I have a feeling 2019 will be even more 'dark times'/review wars which titles are easy to predict. Unless MAL doesn't change review section then its gonna keep rising.
Dec 30, 2018 1:39 AM

Oct 2018
Too many anime elitist/snobs reviewing these shows. I now see that MAL is one of the worst place to read reviews. Too many skewed ratings and reviews.
Dec 30, 2018 10:10 AM

Aug 2018
papsoshea said:
Gorochu said:
While I do think Bunny is overrated, the amount of hate it getting is ridiculous. Show is over, time to move on haters.
Bunny isn't hated a lot, very few people "hate" the show. Most people like it. You're always going to see differing opinions.

-----

If this is "dark times" then MAL has been in this period since before I joined here, every year this happens, nothing new. Everyone having the same opinion is boring. People caring about score and rankings on a site like this is the first mistake they can make here. You can make fun of it but taking it seriously is stupid.

Some people here mention that the "negative" reviews are bad. If you actually read them, they are well-written and are 'helpful' to those who share similar viewpoints or are on the fence about it. It can help people who loved the show (me included) see a different perspective. This can work both ways.

It seems that this was normal, I just can't get how some people get so serious and fanatic over something to do things like insulting someone else because they don't like as much as them one "japanesse cartoon".

And yes, not all extremely positive/negative reviews are biased praises, some of them have though on it and they tell some bad/good side besides their though.
Dec 30, 2018 10:12 AM

Aug 2018
Classy_Cassy said:
Too many anime elitist/snobs reviewing these shows. I now see that MAL is one of the worst place to read reviews. Too many skewed ratings and reviews.

There a lot of those, also a lot of over hyped fanatics shouting to the skies that the first show they have ever watched is the best one in human history, that is why I called it "a war". And imo, both sides are wrong.
Dec 30, 2018 10:23 AM

Apr 2014
reviews that say "ignore the other reviews" should get removed imo
Dec 31, 2018 2:03 AM
Jan 2018
LOL this "myanimelist reviewing system" is so bad. Many fans of this show are biased af. Y'all living up the expectations of people who wants to watch this show. Honestly, 8.67 score really? That's too high. Its good anime but not so good. And the OP of this show? Its voted for "Best OP 2018" hahahaha fucking biased. There's so many better op's out there(ex: Wotakoi's OP and Grand blue's OP) they're very catchy than this OP shit of bunny girl.
Dec 31, 2018 2:11 AM
Apr 2017
LOL this "myanimelist reviewing system" is so bad. Many fans of this show are biased af. Y'all living up the expectations of people who wants to watch this show. Honestly, 8.67 score really? That's too high. Its good anime but not so good. And the OP of this show? Its voted for "Best OP 2018" hahahaha fucking biased. There's so many better op's out there(ex: Wotakoi's OP and Grand blue's OP) they're very catchy than this OP shit of bunny girl.

That is from your point of view and feeling. "Good" for you, does not mean that other people must feel "good".
Dec 31, 2018 4:23 AM
Jul 2012
antonn said:
People actually read reviews?

I have more or less stopped after realizing I disagree with negative reviews 95% of the time. At first I was a little bothered to seemingly have "shit taste" by liking many negatively reviewed anime series, but then I realized that it's better to like things that it is to hate them.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Dec 31, 2018 10:48 AM

Aug 2018
LameProtagonist said:

Well, the OP was so bad imo that I paused it everytime so I could skip it without listening to it, the only show in the year that made me do that. I really hated that OP.

Just in case, I liked the show.
Jan 1, 2019 5:04 PM
Sep 2016
I initially liked the show and novel but yeaah got a bit (pretty) overrated and overhyped down people's throats... Glad to see different perspectives than "OMG so goooodd cause reasons waiifuuu Ahhh abglfglbh reee"
And of course fanboys would be upset cause "How dareth one not love my flawless masterpiece? A different opinion to mine? I gaspeth...something something haters reee"
1.1.Six
Jan 1, 2019 5:13 PM

May 2015
DaCraziGuy said:

I liked the show btw, but I don't get why someone would hate or love it to that extreme.

Because it's mediocre. Sorry, average. So reviews have to keep balance. You know, when it's the same amount of plus and minus, it just becomes neutral.
Jan 1, 2019 5:32 PM

Apr 2007
Ten said:
DaCraziGuy said:

Because it's mediocre. Sorry, average. So reviews have to keep balance. You know, when it's the same amount of plus and minus, it just becomes neutral.

The score doesn't indicate mediocrity though. This series honestly has the same issue as "Your Name". It's the most popular and highest rated movie on MyAnimeList and yet the reviews make it seem like it's a polarizing series that receives just as much hate as it does love. The more recognition a series has, the more that disagreeable people will want to combat positivity with their own negativity.

For instance the top reviewer of Bunny Girl has no clue what he's talking about. It's well-written but most of what he typed isn't accurate. I don't know if it was an attempt to mislead people or bias impacted his ability to think clearly.

The second highest review isn't even a review--it spends multiple paragraphs explaining why Bunny Girl Senpai is in breach of copy right laws.

Needless to say, if you have to post false information or go off on a wild tangent in order to make the anime seem worse than it really is then you clearly aren't being led by good intention.
KilluanJan 1, 2019 6:29 PM
Jan 1, 2019 5:59 PM
May 2009
Problem with internet reviews, or just reviews period are how polarized they are, and it seems to be getting worse.

Most readable reviews are generally the ones that like go along the lines "I watched this show, there were some good things, and there were some bad things, and I really wanted that but... [depends on the show's ending]." In general, I think you'd be no worse off if you just ignore all the one-sided reviews in either direction. It's real;ly easy to praise something you like, and bash something you don't. But it's much harder to criticize something you like, or God Forbid, compliment a show you don't like. A show that doesn't work for you isn't objectively bad; the only objective failure is its failure to please you.... which is valid of course.

Of course, the other thing is why finish shows that are pissing you off anyways? I mean, yes, shows have bad endings, and they fuck you over, but if that's a regular habit, something is up. I absolutely thought Island was a failure, but I did follow through thinking there was something going for it, instead of just finishing it to tell the world how smart I am because I can judge some late night cartoon is not that great. And to do that without a clear bias is quite hard.

Yes, yes, there will be shows that are fucking shit and there's nothing good to say about them, and some shows so good that there's little to criticize. But come on, every popular show that comes out can't be the best (or worst show) ever.

Oh, the show itself. Well, it entertained me. Some spots were a bit slow (I liked Tomoe herself, but didn't like her arc). I thought Futaba's arc was the high point of the show. Some of the dialogue is derivative, but shit, what isn't? And no, Monogatari didn't invent rapid banter. Holy shit. That's almost as bad as saying Gen invented darker Magical Girl anime.
Archon_WingJan 1, 2019 6:09 PM
Jan 1, 2019 8:36 PM

Aug 2018
Archon_Wing said:
Problem with internet reviews, or just reviews period are how polarized they are, and it seems to be getting worse.

Most readable reviews are generally the ones that like go along the lines "I watched this show, there were some good things, and there were some bad things, and I really wanted that but... [depends on the show's ending]." In general, I think you'd be no worse off if you just ignore all the one-sided reviews in either direction. It's real;ly easy to praise something you like, and bash something you don't. But it's much harder to criticize something you like, or God Forbid, compliment a show you don't like. A show that doesn't work for you isn't objectively bad; the only objective failure is its failure to please you.... which is valid of course.

Of course, the other thing is why finish shows that are pissing you off anyways? I mean, yes, shows have bad endings, and they fuck you over, but if that's a regular habit, something is up. I absolutely thought Island was a failure, but I did follow through thinking there was something going for it, instead of just finishing it to tell the world how smart I am because I can judge some late night cartoon is not that great. And to do that without a clear bias is quite hard.

Yes, yes, there will be shows that are fucking shit and there's nothing good to say about them, and some shows so good that there's little to criticize. But come on, every popular show that comes out can't be the best (or worst show) ever.

Oh, the show itself. Well, it entertained me. Some spots were a bit slow (I liked Tomoe herself, but didn't like her arc). I thought Futaba's arc was the high point of the show. Some of the dialogue is derivative, but shit, what isn't? And no, Monogatari didn't invent rapid banter. Holy shit. That's almost as bad as saying Gen invented darker Magical Girl anime.

I totally agree with you on everything ahahah
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.