Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Sep 5, 2020 7:13 PM

Nov 2013
Surprisingly enjoyable. There are some episode that are lackluster and the finale is just melodrama that didn't work for me, but there's a charm in the series that keep me going. I'd like to watch Season 2. 6/10
I'm too weird to live but much too rare to die.

Oct 6, 2020 11:44 AM

Nov 2019
this was pretty good......
Oct 12, 2020 12:51 AM

Nov 2017
I wanted dunce girl to awaken so that's an untied shoelace of mystery. Too bad we wouldn't get 24 eps because we might've known more. For only 12 it was good but not underrated hit good. It's just a softy medium anime. It's alright for some wasted time.

Though last two eps did hit kind of hard because she was depressed about everything, poor girl with bad luck. And the series says, keep fighting the rainy days for sunny ones. Which is kind of a nothing burger. Still, we do all have bad days and bad luck and things fail...no need to give up maybe...just keep looking for the sun, I guess.

It was another one of those Japanese look-up things, over positivity, but it's not bad, kind of funny, has music, it's cheap and it's short. But it was nice to go through because there were no big strikes in the series. We went from A to B without any tragic mistakes from the animation team. It went as smoothly as we could hope, but I'll always wonder what dunce girl's personality was.
Oct 12, 2020 1:01 AM

Apr 2012
@DarkInsomnia57
Season 2 is planned and will air soon btw.
Oct 13, 2020 12:43 AM

Nov 2017
EratiK said:
@DarkInsomnia57

Thanks. Super excited! Can't wait.
Oct 16, 2020 2:12 PM
Aug 2020
EratiK said:
@DarkInsomnia57

Thats nice to hear,its an epic anime, I do hope S2 airs soon just because I simply love it
Nov 1, 2020 9:40 PM

Oct 2013
A severe snowstorm fucked up the building and ruined the stage and the audience just stands there in silence while Kotaro starts clapping for the girls, who (they are zombies, to be fair, but the audience doesn't know this), rise from the rubble to continue their performance without music. And not a single soul is like, yo, that was a fucking catastrophe, are you ok?

This show was a fucking parody and I love it. Looking forward to the second season.

10/10 dub and Kotaro remains my nigga til the very end

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 29, 2020 3:03 AM
Aug 2020
Yogiri-san gives the best slaps in the world.
Jan 18, 2021 3:09 PM

Feb 2015
I started watching this show when it started airing and put it on hold after episode 4... and I have no idea why I did that.
I finally finished it and even though I'm usually not interested in idol anime, I enjoyed every second of it. The comedy was spot on, the characters extremely loveable and the music was good too :)

8/10, shouldn't have put it on hold back in 2018.
There's no possible way you can steal my heart

I want to drown in this sweet Melancholy
Feb 20, 2021 3:38 AM

Aug 2019
seeing the backstory of Koutarou was nice because I was wondering why he decided to reanimate dead girls to become idols the whole time, I wish the dance animation was consistent(all CGI or all 2D) but overall I really enjoyed their show so Im glad there’s a second season airing in a few months
Feb 22, 2021 3:03 AM
Jul 2020
9/10. mappa adaptation is toptier. mappa original is the best
Mar 11, 2021 12:20 AM
Apr 2020
Wow what a finale, dramatic and epic way to end.. This episode really did got me super tense. With all of that what's happening, I must say.. You really did a great one on this, MAPPA. The animation, artstyle, even on this the CGIs was done pretty well. The amount of Drama-Music-comedy mix is well balanced, too. And they really did manage to tell their full backstory when they're still a human in a 12 episode length (well except on Tae-chan cuz she's still full zombie mode)

This is probably will be my all time best Idol anime, and my first time binge watching an idol anime without getting bored at all. I'll give this a 8/10 rate. I usually rate this kind of anime low but this is an exeptional one. I'll definitely wait for the next season of this on April :)
Mar 25, 2021 2:02 AM

Jan 2019
somehow this series give me strength to try again and work for life, and i think i will come to this again if i have some trouble to clear my mind, cant wait for next seasond

thanks Zombieland saga
Apr 4, 2021 2:56 AM

Dec 2015
Disastrous concert stage never gets old.

I'm ready for S2.
Apr 9, 2021 2:09 AM

Oct 2016
Pretty good season finale, Tae is best girl! Never knew a literal brain dead zombie could be this cute but here we are lmao.

Finally, Sakura has completely awoken. Damn, Kotaro and Sakura were like classmates, I hope we find out more about them in the sequel. It's not a Franchouchou performance unless the stage gets destroyed lmao.

Oh shit, the journalist dude is piecing it together, that's really interesting. Overall really fun show, onwards to revenge. 7.5/10
Apr 28, 2021 3:27 PM

Oct 2020
Really good series. I was gonna give this a 7/10 but this episode bumped it up to an 8. Time for s2
Apr 30, 2021 8:50 AM

Jun 2019
I hate Sakura for being such a jerk to Tae. Tae may not be the cutest girl in this show but she's far much much better than Sakura. Far more entertaining as well. Tae can be crazy but she's cute in her own way. I'm glad Sakura ended up doing the performance with all the girls after all. What a relief.
But, hey the last episode was great. Great show overall.
May 18, 2021 12:57 AM

Aug 2018
THIS EPISODE IS INCREDIBLE!!!!!
The girls managed to convince Sakura in spite of their bad luck, but they still wanted to try it. And well the concert arrived and yes...at the beginning it goes badly, but later it GOES EPIC!!! and from there Sakura recovered her memories of idol and everything went out very well. The songs were GREAT!!!
Great ending...of the first season because it doesn't end there!!! especially with the final scene. But well
Zombieland Saga, great anime.
Now yes, LET'SEE THE SECOND SEASON!!!!!
Jun 17, 2021 10:40 PM
Jan 2018
You know, seeing Tae-chan trying to seek out Sakura-chan makes me feel like although she does not speak and not very "smart" in a conventional sense, she's grown to be more perceptive and understanding towards her teammates and I appreciate this character growth very much!

Sakura really be dragging everyone down. Took her a loud ass pep talk from shades, a Tae-chan invasion, and a slap from big sis to really get into her sense.

Let us gather all of the bad-luck zombies and harness its powers!!!

FRANCHOUCHOU FAMILY ALL TOGETHER

LMAO!!! THE LUCK GODS REALY SAID YALL GONNA HAVE EVERYTHING BROKEN AKDJFS;ASLKJDF;ASJKF That's cruel as fuck. In a realistic POV, anyone would have been worried about the idol's well-being, NOT finishing the performance. But since this is an anime, I totally understand the sentiment <3

RISE UP AGAIN!!!

Honestly, sweet performance, that touched my heart :") I'm proud of the girls and their hard work!
Jun 20, 2021 9:47 AM

Feb 2020
Nice performance.

Overall, it was an okay anime, but I expected something better. Lily's backstory was the highlight moment, but the rest of the episodes were more or less average.

Tatsumi is almost as annoying as Zenitsu. I just don't like male characters who scream all the time.

6.5/10

So precious moment. <3

SerafosJul 3, 2021 4:04 PM
Jun 22, 2021 10:26 AM

Mar 2016
I did not expect to like this series at all, at first I thought this series is similar to something like Idol master(i don't particularly enjoy it), but damn Zombieland saga managed to shatter my expectations.

This series is great.
Jul 13, 2021 2:30 AM

May 2020
wait so Koutaro is a classmate of Sakura?

Anyway, loved this show 9/10
Aug 6, 2021 12:11 AM
Jan 2021
man this show was such a great ride and I loved every second... every song they sung had me bopping my head
Aug 12, 2021 2:04 PM
Jul 2018
this was pretty nice, great finale. this was just very good overall, characters and story were all great and the production quality with the animation (besides some cgi scenes on the performances...) and soundtracks/songs was quite splendid as well. really enjoyed this, even watched it all in one sitting which is increasingly rare for me nowadays so that does indeed go to show how much i liked this... i give it a 7/10, time for season 2!
Aug 21, 2021 5:48 AM

Apr 2020
Came from the truck meme and stayed because of glasses guy.
Sadly I think this anime is as average as it gets. 6/10 giving an extra point because glasses guy is great.
Go watch Gintama boyo/grill
My discord server for gaming and anime/manga: https://discord.com/invite/4mqXfNEJ9A
Oct 11, 2021 10:16 PM

Oct 2009
Haven't watched a show like this in a long time, glad I chose this!

A great balance of emotional and comedic drama. The characters all worked together very well, and the songs were great!

8/10
Nov 2, 2021 12:15 PM
Oct 2020
this episode was beautiful
a good conclusion to the story
I'm without words

everything was resolved in a simple, satisfying and exciting way.

kotarosan's flash back (the guy with the sunglasses) was something that made me a little suspicious, did he know sakura? if not how does she not remember/recognize him?

But leaving that aside, it was a perfect conclusion and I loved it

I'm looking forward to seeing the next season, but I'll do it later....
Dec 27, 2021 4:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Yep, Sakura just overthinking it. Who cares about bad luck, when you are just zombie xd. Look at Tae, bruh, more lively than a very first episode. Too bad she's still as mysterious as her legendary said first, and can't even talk until these final, smh. Koutarou really had the close relationship with Sakura, looks like her previous school mate or something. I really thought he might be zombie too. But with that flashback, i think he's just a 'normal' dude that like to help his 'friends' reached the dream, whatever ability he did to make them zombie.

Even though the songs are all nice in my ears. Unfortunately, the 3d performance isn't so nice to look at. But as the comedy, its actually hits a lot, especially at Ai arc and these final stage. Overall, Zls really take the creativity under the idol theme beyond my first impression. Cliffhanger just be the cliffhanger. That reporter really took his time pretty good enough to this moment. Yes, for the next second season, obviously....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jan 4, 2022 7:09 AM

Nov 2017
In hindsight, I should've watched this when it first aired, but better late than never!~

That final concert was bangin'!
Jan 31, 2022 9:52 AM

Jan 2015
Wonderful season. Really something special, this show! Excited to see the next season, will definitely see the movie in cinemas if I get the chance!
Really nice finale, with both this and the previous episode, I really appreciated how well they could blend emotional elements with comedic ones. Also, at the halfway point of this episode, had my jaw drop for a while with the revelation that Sakura's been special to Sunglasses even before all of this.
All of the characters were really nice! If they are able to take a lightning strike, they can definitely take a snowstorm! Go, go, go! Franchouchou!
As for what the post above me says, I find that getting into a series a bit later is always good as you don't need to worry about waiting as long for more!
Mar 30, 2022 5:45 PM
Jun 2016
This episode was definitely 10/10 and summarised everything nicely (except for the parts left for the second season but that's understandable) but because of the rest episodes being meh i would only give it overall 6/10 which is too bad because of this episode😕
Apr 22, 2022 8:57 AM

Jul 2012
Ending like any normal idol show..
It just, I am laughing while the stage is ruined little by little until it totally ruined.. And somehow IK they will stand again 😏

See u in the next season . .

Aug 14, 2022 3:52 PM

Nov 2017
well at least she's got her memories back from everything they've done so far since the beginning..

i loved all the performances!! thank you singers and animators!! 💛💛

plz @ me
Oct 6, 2022 5:23 AM
munchmunch

Aug 2019
I wish they'd stop it with the cgi but aside from that
pretty solid and one of the funniest shows i've watched

Nov 16, 2022 4:13 AM

Oct 2022
The comedy with characters interactions with each other and with Kotaro, is great. Kotaro’s interactions with the girls had me dying out loud, especially with the chicken episode.
The girls themselves individually are interesting and awesome as a group.

Great show overall 9/10. Off to season 2!
Feb 19, 2023 7:54 AM
Aug 2017
Sakura is so unlucky

Shades went to school with Sakura interesting reveal

Those 2 random dudes are real fans

Good episode 

7/10
Jul 3, 2023 9:04 AM
Jul 2023
I could absolutely not tell you why i like this series so much, i just cant put my finger on it.
Aug 11, 2023 11:48 AM
Oct 2021
LETS GOOOIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Sep 23, 2023 4:48 AM
Jan 2022
God damn these idol animes making me cry its not funny anymore
Dec 16, 2023 8:43 AM

Nov 2023
Im glad their concert worked well?
Jan 5, 9:00 PM

Dec 2022
yet another gigachad moment by big boss and pretty darn good last song, thus one drama ends, and a new mysterious drama unfolds!
Jan 20, 3:24 PM
Dec 2020
WAS HERE FOR COMEDY BUT I BAWLED SO MUCH BRO
Apr 2, 12:43 PM
Oct 2020
it's a very biased comment, i just love this anime and the characters so much.
Apr 5, 4:29 PM

Jun 2015
And it's the Yugiri slap!

I think Sakura's original personality is the problem here. Maybe her personality attracts negative energy or something because the real bad luck didn't start until she got back her memory.

Can it be the manager was Sakura's classmate, and he did all of this to make the dreams of his crush come true?
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Pages (6) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2018

138 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:56 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 6, 2018

117 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 3:27 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 22, 2018

378 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 12:18 PM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 15, 2018

171 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 5, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Zombieland Saga Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2018

159 by Niveen_Sleem »»
Apr 4, 11:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.