Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Nov 2, 2018 9:27 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah, Fugo, Narancia, Mista, Abbacchio. Glad to see the gang this episode.
Pretty entertaining character interactions between them.

I thought that tea drinking scene is gold lol. Giorno is a clever guy. I'm really glad they're doing a neat job at capturing the personalities of the cast. Time to hunt the treasures!
Nov 2, 2018 10:36 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
These guys in Giorno's new team are funny as hell lol...I think my favorite right now is the short one though

But its pretty interesting to see how big this organization is =o I was curious to see how large the potential enemy force for this team and I'm guessing that Giorno may have to take down virtually everyone in this organization, so I' excited to see that there may be a lot of people to go through

Looking forward to seeing Abbacchio's Stand ability next week

Nov 2, 2018 10:39 AM
Jul 2018
Another Godly episode! This is what I was missing in my life since the past 2 years after DIU finished airing!
Nov 2, 2018 10:40 AM
Nov 2016
The soundtrack in this ep was amazing, can't wait for its release.
Nov 2, 2018 10:43 AM
Oct 2018
"Gang members in this city hate standing out"

Do they?
Nov 2, 2018 10:52 AM
Dec 2015
Seeing Giorno taking a sip of that "Golden Experience" never gets old. It was even better animated!
Nov 2, 2018 11:09 AM

Jul 2014
And so begins the greatest hatemance in Jojo. I wonder what did Giorno do with the piss after the jellyfish absorbed it.

Also, Abbacchio sounds a lot like Juzo Sakakura from Danganronpa 3. Must be the same VA?
Nov 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Oct 2012
Drink the fcking piss, Giorno.
Nov 2, 2018 11:11 AM

Nov 2011
Legendary piss drinking scene.

Nov 2, 2018 11:12 AM
Dec 2015
BIG MOOD!!! *Sips tea* ☕️🍰
Nov 2, 2018 11:13 AM
Oct 2009
God tiet episode, the show gets better and better. This adaptation improves manga on every level.
Nov 2, 2018 11:19 AM

Aug 2018
Hobgoblin2099 said:
And so begins the greatest hatemance in Jojo. I wonder what did Giorno do with the piss after the jellyfish absorbed it.

Also, Abbacchio sounds a lot like Juzo Sakakura from Danganronpa 3. Must be the same VA?

Yes, he also voiced Telence T. D'Arby in part 3
Nov 2, 2018 11:19 AM
May 2016
Has anyone been able to tell what new stuff has been added in this week's episode? I feel like some scenes weren't in the manga.

Also god damn that was a good episode, love the cast to death and seeing them animated already gave them a lot of life. Also the OST this time around is godly, the ending to this episode was fucking awesome.
Nov 2, 2018 11:21 AM

Mar 2012
Can't wait for next episode! Looking forward to Moody Blues Jazz.

Still can't get over the fact that Abbacchio shares his VA with Aizawa from BNHA.
JJL > GW > SBR > SDC > SO > DiU > BT > PB
Nov 2, 2018 11:25 AM

May 2018
CGI is ruining anime i swear to fucking god.
Nov 2, 2018 11:27 AM
Apr 2018
The team introduction was even better than in the manga...dat "tea" drinking was what we can call a "Golden Experience" :D
I didn't expected this voice for Narancia...whatever!
Next episode we'll get the "dance"...

And another hater above me....I guess he is the first one to put a 1/5 for this episode...
Nov 2, 2018 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
Oh boy!, Next week should be the Episode where Narancia makes his dance, I've been waiting for that since I read it. I can't wait for next friday.

Talking about Narancia, Deku's voice really fits him, he sounded adorable <3
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 2, 2018 11:28 AM

Feb 2016
Raging-Man said:

Really now? what did this episode do to make you this butthurt?
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Nov 2, 2018 11:32 AM
May 2016
Raging-Man said:

You should take some time to read about the current state of the anime industry before you complain about stuff like this. There was nothing glaringly wrong with the CGI used in this episode at all.
Nov 2, 2018 11:39 AM

Jul 2014
OverHeavenAZ said:
Hobgoblin2099 said:

Huh, neat!

Modernoir said:
Has anyone been able to tell what new stuff has been added in this week's episode? I feel like some scenes weren't in the manga.

- The shot of all of the gangsters talking about Polpo was added.
- The guy talking to Zucchero (I forget his name) was shadowed in the manga, but has his actual appearance here. Additionally, that conversation was moved from later in the manga to before Giorno meets the gang.
- Bruno didn't have to take a phone call in the manga and looked more clueless about the hazing that was going on despite being in the room the whole time.
- The conversation with the two old women is also moved a bit earlier.
- The whole scene in the boat shop was added for the anime.
Nov 2, 2018 11:41 AM

Nov 2016
The squad seems pretty cool to say the least. And lol the piss scene was quite something.

The plot is also quite thrilling so far, excited for more.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Nov 2, 2018 11:48 AM
Feb 2012
ck_onelove said:

Do they?

what Bruno forgot to say was
gang members in this city hate standing out except for my team which looks like a gay BDSM club threw up on them
Nov 2, 2018 11:48 AM
May 2018
Best episode so far, I hope that the quality of the anime accompany the manga throughout the series, I'm really thinking of re-reading part 5, idk, it seems more enjoyable now. For sure the best group on jojo, i didnt had my expectations high for the fugo's and narancia's VA, but, im enjoying so far.
Nov 2, 2018 11:50 AM
May 2016
Hobgoblin2099 said:
OverHeavenAZ said:

Huh, neat!

Modernoir said:

- The shot of all of the gangsters talking about Polpo was added.
- The guy talking to Zucchero (I forget his name) was shadowed in the manga, but has his actual appearance here. Additionally, that conversation was moved from later in the manga to before Giorno meets the gang.
- Bruno didn't have to take a phone call in the manga and looked more clueless about the hazing that was going on despite being in the room the whole time.
- The conversation with the two old women is also moved a bit earlier.
- The whole scene in the boat shop was added for the anime.

God damn we've been having so much good little things added for the part already. 5 episodes in and I have a feeling this'll be the best JoJo adaptation yet, god bless you DP.
Nov 2, 2018 11:51 AM
Nov 2017
Im so hyped!!!! This ep was so frikin good holy sh**
The animation is the best, and the voice acting is perfect!!!
The scenes we amazingly well done, DP this time made things right
I cant wait a week for the next episode
Nov 2, 2018 11:55 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
ck_onelove said:

Do they?

LOL, that's exactly what I was thinking. The designs make them look like they wandered out of a carnival organized by Jean Paul Gaultier or Versace.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Nov 2, 2018 11:58 AM

Jul 2013
Great episode as always. Bucciarati's gang is introduced, and I like the voice of all of them, even NaranciaDeku!, who was the one I was worried about the most. Abbacchio with Suwabe's voice sounds great, it makes a character that was okay in the manga look much better. Mista was also cool. Somehow, I forgot the scene where he screws Narancia's radio, lmao. Fugo sounds nice as well.

The piss drinking scene was wonderful, especially the dramatic music that sounds when Giorno drinks the "tea". Both hilarious and memetic, JoJo style.

Passione: "We need to not draw the attention from normal people, so we will dress normally to avoid stand out much."
Also Passione:

Sasuga, Araki-sensei.

Excited for next episode, when we will see Abbacchio's Stand Moody Jazz in action and, with luck, the Gang Dance. They set the mood quite well with the OST at the end.
Nov 2, 2018 12:02 PM

Jun 2014
"Gang members in this city hate standing out." Ok, but you all wear the flashiest clothes and Abbachio even has fucking makeup on lol.

It was cool to meet the rest of the main gang, they all seem really fun so far. Things got pretty thrilling toward the end, so I'm really excited for what's gonna go down next episode.

Also, could manga readers like....not hint at what's going to happen next? Every thread: "Next episode this will happen, next episode we'll see this." That's not only lowkey spoiling, it ruins the surprise of whatever is about to happen next.
thebrentinator24Nov 2, 2018 12:21 PM
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Nov 2, 2018 12:13 PM

Feb 2013
Abbacchio knows how to give a new guy a "warm" welcome lol.
And one thing is certain, Fugo isn't someone you would like as a teacher.
Nov 2, 2018 12:15 PM

Sep 2014
Lmao the piss drinking scene was done exceptionally. Also, Mista with his tetraphobia and him destroying Narancia's radio were glorious too. Soft Machine made its first appearance too... well partially. Amazing episode once again. Love this adaptation thus far.
Nov 2, 2018 12:16 PM

Feb 2017
GLORIOUS PISS DRINKING
Mankind knew that they cannot change society. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the beasts.
Nov 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Sep 2013
Am I the only one who finds kinda weird Mista's tetraphobia? I know it's pretty common in Japan, but he's supposed to be italian, wouldn't make more sense if it were triskaidekaphobia?
Nov 2, 2018 12:36 PM

Apr 2014
Why does the episode feel so short every time I watch an episode? Sheesh. Guess I am really loving Part 5 too much. XD
Nov 2, 2018 12:54 PM

Jan 2014
Such a good adaption so far! This part is definitely gripping me quicker than the others did, and that OST!!!
Nov 2, 2018 2:09 PM

May 2013
This episode reminds you how much the supporting cast carries P5. Giorno might be the worst protag but the side characters might be the best.
Nov 2, 2018 2:31 PM
May 2016
strategian said:
This episode reminds you how much the supporting cast carries P5. Giorno might be the worst protag but the side characters might be the best.

How's he the worst? He's been fantastic so far, what an absolute madman.
Nov 2, 2018 2:37 PM

May 2013
Modernoir said:
strategian said:

He's extremely dull and has no personality.
Nov 2, 2018 2:39 PM
May 2016
strategian said:
Modernoir said:

Are we watching the same show? He's exuded personality from episode 1, he's charismatic as all hell too. Reminds me a lot of both Jonathan and Dio but with Joseph's smart-thinking and wits. I can't really get behind the idea that he's "dull", especially after episode 4. His execution of Polpo was ruthless.
Nov 2, 2018 3:04 PM

Aug 2018
The phrase "has no personality" makes no sense lol. You don't have to be like Joseph or Josuke to have a"personality".

However, I thought he was dull in the manga and video games too, but his new voice actor in the anime is doing such a great job that he seems like a different person from the one in the manga/games lol I'm starting to like more with each new episode.
Also, Giorno isn't that different from Jotaro tbh, but he is more strategic I guess.
Nov 2, 2018 3:29 PM

May 2013
Modernoir said:
strategian said:

Are we watching the same show? He's exuded personality from episode 1, he's charismatic as all hell too. Reminds me a lot of both Jonathan and Dio but with Joseph's smart-thinking and wits. I can't really get behind the idea that he's "dull", especially after episode 4. His execution of Polpo was ruthless.
I've read the whole thing and he's been exactly as I expected, not really funny or charming or anything. All other parts really quickly establish the quirk of their protag, except P1 because Jonathan is more of a generic shonen archetype hero guy but that's what makes him appealing, he contrasts with the later guys really well, especially as the parts progress and the protag's get "rougher". Joseph you find out is really cheeky and sneaky immediately, Jotaro you find out is a super edgy awkward kid trying to be Clint Eastwood, Josuke you find out his really meek and nice despite looking like a delinquent (unless someone does something really messed up). Giorno is just like a power wank character prob cuz Araki loved Dio so much and wanted to draw him more (this also explains Diego in p7). He doesn't ruin the part but he's the most bland and forgettable aspect. P5 is kind of like P7 where

OverHeavenAZ said:
The phrase "has no personality" makes no sense lol. You don't have to be like Joseph or Josuke to have a"personality".

However, I thought he was dull in the manga and video games too, but his new voice actor in the anime is doing such a great job that he seems like a different person from the one in the manga/games lol I'm starting to like more with each new episode.
Also, Giorno isn't that different from Jotaro tbh, but he is more strategic I guess.
Jotaro is much funnier and more well written. I find his VA very unremarkable, which is appropriate because Giorno is really not that good.
Nov 2, 2018 5:17 PM
Dec 2015
Yeah, dude. Hold on to that opinion until the end. People are enjoying what you think is not good. Learn to know that taste is perspective.
Nov 2, 2018 5:18 PM

Jul 2017
Pure awesomeness.
Nov 2, 2018 5:41 PM
Sep 2017
Loyalty06 said:
Yeah, dude. Hold on to that opinion until the end. People are enjoying what you think is not good. Learn to know that taste is perspective.

I like Giorno for his ruthlessness from Dio but still moral like Jonathan, and he dares to do crazy shits also
Nov 2, 2018 7:02 PM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Great episode as usual.

Very nice seeing the whole gang now together. DP did the "tea" scene justice and it seems like Abbacchio has to save the day.

am very much looking forward to the next ep.
Nov 2, 2018 7:33 PM

Apr 2018
Failed no nut cuz of this feelsbadman.jpg
Nov 2, 2018 8:47 PM
Mar 2016

noooo dancing scene,im looking forward for that scene
Nov 2, 2018 9:57 PM

Jul 2014
I regret catching up with the anime this early, now I have to wait for weekly releases :<
Nov 2, 2018 10:51 PM

Jun 2013
that was awesome the team is amazing
Nov 2, 2018 11:08 PM

Jul 2016
Raging-Man said:

You should probably stop watching then.
Nov 2, 2018 11:09 PM

Apr 2016
finally the rest of the gang stars are here!!
everybody sounds and looks great, and awesome to finally see the jellyfish pee-drinking scene animated LOL
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Apr 12, 2019

153 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 6:22 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 5, 2019

146 by Seraschi »»
Apr 14, 5:45 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken Part 5: Ougon no Kaze Episode 39 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2019

264 by Sus_baby »»
Mar 25, 12:50 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 29, 2019

110 by Seraschi »»
Mar 3, 4:52 AM

Poll: » JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2018

77 by Leh_baka »»
Jan 20, 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.