Forum Settings
Forums

How do you guys binge watch an anime in one day?

New
Oct 28, 2018 2:39 PM
Oct 2018
Take my case for example. I am a highschooler and get pretty tensed with studies after school. My parents want to interact more with them. I can't ever get the time to binge watch. Even if I did, my parents would confiscate my device. So I was wondering what you guys think.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 28, 2018 2:41 PM
Jul 2018
well the times i binge-watched anime in high school were the times i procrastinated and also my grades went to shit
Oct 28, 2018 2:44 PM

May 2014
Find shorter series like 3-5 episode OVA's and stuff, or just split a regular length tv series into multiple sessions.
Oct 28, 2018 2:46 PM
Jul 2018
I have failed a year, just because of anime.
Now I learned that anime isn't the most important thing in our LIFE.
Oct 28, 2018 2:49 PM
we back

Aug 2015
I'm a NEET and I still can't binge watch as much as I have wanted to, mainly due to laziness and depression.

All I can really say is watch when you have time and also don't feel like you have to watch an entire anime in one sitting.
Oct 28, 2018 2:50 PM

Jan 2016
Binge watching probably isn't healthy for someone with real life responsibilities. If it's possible, you could make some time on your days off to binge watch.
Oct 28, 2018 2:51 PM

Aug 2018
I have only ever binged during vacation and sometimes on weekends if i have no work to do.
I'm pretty responsible when it comes to studying and just reward myself with an episode or 2 during breaks

My advice. Don't binge when there's school
Oct 28, 2018 2:56 PM

Oct 2013
when I used to live at home, I would watch anime into the night. I would also get my studying done at school. Nowadays, I watch anime as a white noise (the English dub) while doing math, but I’m not sure if that even counts as binging if I’m not even taking the story in...
Oct 28, 2018 2:56 PM

Aug 2018
You just keep watching until it's done.

A better question is, why do people ask dumb questions?
Oct 28, 2018 3:02 PM

Sep 2017
I personally can't. Even a 12 episode series takes a lot, even if it's 4-5 hours total, that's actually a lot of time. Maybe when I was younger, it was possible, but as of now, most of us are probably in highschool, college, working, etc... I usually break up my days into how many eps I would watch, but overall, I guess I can only binge watch a show when I am on winter break or summer break.
Oct 28, 2018 3:03 PM
Aug 2018
most animes have 12 episodes and they are like 3 hours
Oppai.
Oct 28, 2018 3:05 PM

Feb 2018
I have a shit lot of time so when I want to binge read a manga or binge watch an anime I can just do it without anyone bothering me.
Oct 28, 2018 3:09 PM

Jan 2013
I sometimes watch a 12-episode show in one day, but it's only when I have a day off and have a hangover.
Oct 28, 2018 3:24 PM
Oct 2018
kyins said:
I like and prefer to binge watch when I get the time, mostly on weekends. During the week, maybe an episode or two a day. I'm a working adult now (ugh...), but my habits were pretty much the same in my College and High school years; split my life up between my close friends, family, School/work, and anime.

The trick is to not let anime, or any hobby for that matter, control your life. Man I sound old and that sounded preachy, sorry.

Side note, not mentioned in OP, but some shows are better binged and some shows are better a few episodes at a time.

What are some anime that are better off watching a few episodes at a time?
Oct 28, 2018 3:31 PM

Oct 2018
Well, I don't binge-watch to completion, but I can watch 15 episodes a day if on one hand I'm watching anime and on the other, I'm doing something else. Right now even, one side is anime one side is MAL. I have to do something and watch or else I feel lazy.

Not like I half-ass my anime watching all the time, most of the shows I watch I do pay attention to, it's just during the filler, op, and boring parts I don't wanna pay much attention.
BackstageMageOct 28, 2018 4:34 PM

Don't worry about being lame now, you were always lame anyway!

Oct 28, 2018 3:33 PM

Jul 2012
DualSabers said:
kyins said:
I like and prefer to binge watch when I get the time, mostly on weekends. During the week, maybe an episode or two a day. I'm a working adult now (ugh...), but my habits were pretty much the same in my College and High school years; split my life up between my close friends, family, School/work, and anime.

The trick is to not let anime, or any hobby for that matter, control your life. Man I sound old and that sounded preachy, sorry.

Side note, not mentioned in OP, but some shows are better binged and some shows are better a few episodes at a time.

What are some anime that are better off watching a few episodes at a time?

I feel SoL anime, such as Yuru Camp and Flying Witch, are best a few episodes at a time. Action shows are my favorite to binge, such as Seven Deadly Sins and One Punch Man. I can go back and forth on comedies.
Oct 28, 2018 3:37 PM

Mar 2016
I used to binge watch anime when I first started watching but now it's hard to concentrate even on 2 episodes. I think it's better for me anyway, it can't be healthy to binge on anything.
NANACHO FOR PRESIDENT
Oct 28, 2018 3:40 PM
Dec 2017
The only anime I've ever binged in one day is Mob Psycho 100. It was enjoyable and, plus, it was only 12 episodes. When I first started it, I watched like 3-5 episodes back to back. After that, I took breaks between every few episodes I watched and, before I knew it, I was done with it. I'm pretty sure it was on a day I didn't have school...

Besides that one, I've only finished OVAs that quickly. Switch and Hitsuji no Uta are relatively quick watches. I also finished Pupa but only because the episodes were so short.
Sakurai_AoiOct 28, 2018 3:44 PM
Oct 28, 2018 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
idk, it takes like 4-5 hours to binge a 1-cour show. If you need to spend the remaining 19-20 hours of the day all on studying for highschool, then I can't help you either. I guess I was just amazingly intelligent because I didn't spend a fracture of that time studying and still made it through without a problem.

As for having shitty control freak parents, only growing up helps alleviate that issue I'm afraid.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 28, 2018 3:54 PM

Jan 2013
i've never done that since i don't have the patience for it + i'm a busy person.

DualSabers said:
I am a highschooler and get pretty tensed with studies after school.
awww

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Oct 28, 2018 4:24 PM

Jul 2017
i can kinda relate because sometimes i think in my head "should i drop out of college" just because i don't have enough time to watch certain anime. then i realized anime and manga is something to motivate me as in "if i finish this project now i'll have time to watch anime later."

/url].
Oct 28, 2018 4:32 PM

Mar 2018
I've gone from watching 74 episodes Monster in a week to spending days on a 6 episodes OVA, so I can only faintly recall
Silently waiting for WW3 to come and kill everyone while I die smoking weed and drinking coke 🚬👌
Oct 28, 2018 4:37 PM

Nov 2009
Considering there are plenty of adults that binge anime, that's pretty much the answer. If someone works an 8-hour shift and sleeps 8 hours, there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to fit everything else in life into (i.e. eating, gaming, friends and family, and, of course, anime). Plus there are normally two days off per week, so that's an additional 36 hours after removing sleep time.

Someday you'll be able to spend your free time however you want without your parents taking your things away. For now, though, you either follow the rules or have a sit-down with your parents about getting some privacy to do your own thing (maybe schedule days you spend with them and days you spend with yourself?).

I dunno. This is what being a teenager is. You'll get your freedom when you move out. We've all been there.
Oct 28, 2018 4:53 PM

May 2009
DualSabers said:
Take my case for example. I am a highschooler and get pretty tensed with studies after school. My parents want to interact more with them. I can't ever get the time to binge watch. Even if I did, my parents would confiscate my device. So I was wondering what you guys think.
You get more freedom to use time however you want, as you get older. Mainly because after you become an adult, or even in college, you basically get only yourself to answer to.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea to binge though.

I basically spent about 12 hours of one certain day watching an entire series. Like, I did nothing that day except basic things like getting food and using the bathroom, and watching anime. And I regret doing that.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Oct 28, 2018 5:01 PM

Mar 2016
Now binging is already like breathing to me

Ne: Dreamy Kid
Fi: Edgelord
Te: Shit-talker
Si: Borderline OCD
Oct 28, 2018 5:27 PM
Jan 2018
I watched the first two seasons of My Hero Academia in a day. That was before I got a job. Having time on your hands makes a lot of things possible.

Skipping the OPs and EDs you don't like helps save time too.
Oct 28, 2018 5:29 PM
Mar 2018
I always binge watch anime 'cause for now I got a lot of time. I binge-watched Hunter X Hunter for 3 days straight. I would watch 2-3 different animes with 12 episodes a day.
Oct 28, 2018 5:40 PM

Nov 2016
I don't.

Even if I had plenty of time to do so, I would take that time doing something else, to be honest.

Oct 28, 2018 5:46 PM

Oct 2013
I binged on weekends and holidays. To finished a 1-2 cour anime in a day, I need to wake up very early in the morning and start watching until the last episode.

On a very busy days, it varies differently. I get to watch 1-3 in a day or not at all.

Scheduling is the key. Or you could do quotas (like watch atleast 1 episode per day).
Oct 28, 2018 5:48 PM

Oct 2014
Scheduling and discipline i guess? I'm currently watching 10 episodes of LOGH a day and whatever a friend wants to watch after that.

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Oct 28, 2018 5:52 PM

Nov 2016
I just don't anymore.

The most I watch on a School day is 5 Episodes after I come back from HighSchool (Yes I go on the Afternoon) With 1 or 2 of them being from seasonals. In the Weekends I could watch more but I just don't and do some other stuff. When I did binge Anime i watched at most 12 eps a Day because I watched almost no seasonals and I had less Homework than Now. I f you want something to binge easily look for Short Anime. Either 5-6 eps OVAs or 13-26 ep series of 3-5 min shorts.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2018 7:15 PM
Mar 2018
I work long shifts, but it's week on week off, so I could clear my schedule for a few hours and binge a one cour series which would be about 4 hours, any more than that and I'd feel like doing something else, I rarely binge a whole cour though my binges are mostly catching up with seasonals and one or two episodes of any new home release I have. I did once watch watamote in a single day though, I thought it was a cursed series by episode 9, like the tape in the ring
MajesticOtaKing said:
Considering there are plenty of adults that binge anime, that's pretty much the answer. If someone works an 8-hour shift and sleeps 8 hours, there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to fit everything else in life into (i.e. eating, gaming, friends and family, and, of course, anime). Plus there are normally two days off per week, so that's an additional 36 hours after removing sleep time.

Someday you'll be able to spend your free time however you want

You are precious! I work 12 hour shifts. Jobs are actually rarely 9 to 5, may be that's office hours but it isn't most people's hours. There's still a bunch of people to bug you if you keep in touch with friends and family, sometimes your time just isn't your own. Adults have stuff to do too, the only way you'd get to binge anything is if you have a few days off like me, or you're a NEET and you have a good support system
Oct 28, 2018 7:56 PM

Nov 2009
Captiaanuniverse said:

MajesticOtaKing said:

Someday you'll be able to spend your free time however you want

You are precious! I work 12 hour shifts. Jobs are actually rarely 9 to 5, may be that's office hours but it isn't most people's hours. There's still a bunch of people to bug you if you keep in touch with friends and family, sometimes your time just isn't your own. Adults have stuff to do too, the only way you'd get to binge anything is if you have a few days off like me, or you're a NEET and you have a good support system

Please don't talk down to me. I'm 29, not a NEET, and I know how jobs work. Read my post again. I said eight hours, not 9-5, and I said "If someone works an 8-hour shift," not "adults only work 8-hour shift." I also said " there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to fit everything else in life into," not "there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to binge anime."

What I said was not a scenario of what every adult's life is like. Except for my time in the military, most of my jobs were in eight-hour shifts. Never said they all were, nor do I believe that, but many are.

How you use your free-time depends on what you prioritize. If you prioritize friends and family over your hobbies, good for you, but your time IS your own. You CHOOSE to spend that time on your friends and family. Not everyone is required to do that. I live across the country from my family and prefer a lot of space from friends, so I have plenty of time for myself. I talk with them when I want to, and they respect my space.

It wasn't necessary to take what I said personally. I was just informing a teenager that when you live alone and don't have to study, your free-time is more flexible. Obviously how much free-time you have depends on your career path and what you CHOOSE to prioritize in life.
Oct 28, 2018 7:59 PM
Jul 2017
I just skipped sleeping, my grades stayed the same. Now I only need 2 hours of sleep to function
Oct 28, 2018 8:13 PM
Mar 2018
MajesticOtaKing said:
Captiaanuniverse said:

Please don't talk down to me. I'm 29, not a NEET, and I know how jobs work. Read my post again. I said eight hours, not 9-5, and I said "If someone works an 8-hour shift," not "adults only work 8-hour shift." I also said " there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to fit everything else in life into," not "there are still an additional 8 hours in the day to binge anime."

What I said was not a scenario of what every adult's life is like. Except for my time in the military, most of my jobs were in eight-hour shifts. Never said they all were, nor do I believe that, but many are.

How you use your free-time depends on what you prioritize. If you prioritize friends and family over your hobbies, good for you, but your time IS your own. You CHOOSE to spend that time on your friends and family. Not everyone is required to do that. I live across the country from my family and prefer a lot of space from friends, so I have plenty of time for myself. I talk with them when I want to, and they respect my space.

It wasn't necessary to take what I said personally. I was just informing a teenager that when you live alone and don't have to study, your free-time is more flexible. Obviously how much free-time you have depends on your career path and what you CHOOSE to prioritize in life.

Same age as me! Was thinking you were younger talking about high school, that's why I come off as pretentious.
These 12 hour shifts has been the only proper job I have, I'm in the UK too where many people have had to get two jobs, it's a bit of a harsh environment to find good work here.
And yes, you do choose to spend time with friends and family, but if you don't you might lose them, I've never really had friends and I've lost the chance to spend any quality time with family, shit happens . Hard to find the time to watch anime when your still in school and doing homework, but it's much harder as an adult who works to make friends and spend time with them, and I wasn't calling anyone a NEET I was just saying those are the only people who would have time to regularly binge tv/anime
Oct 28, 2018 8:36 PM

Aug 2009
I binge one show during a vacation period, at least when I feel like watching something which is a timetable that is measured in years.

Oct 29, 2018 1:31 AM

Jul 2017
I just watch anime continuously when I have a lot of free time allotted.
Oct 29, 2018 1:35 AM

Apr 2013
Just be sick like I was last week and watch 80 episodes in one week.
Oct 29, 2018 1:39 AM
Sep 2018
I am in college I get at home on 12 pm and I have a record of seeing 20 episodes in a day. I do my studies in college(+lunch breaks).
Oct 29, 2018 1:41 AM

Sep 2014
I used to do that when I had no school, work or other responsibilities. I'm not in the mood to binge watch a whole show in one day nowadays.
Oct 29, 2018 1:49 AM

Jul 2015
I used to be a night-shift security guard at a condo, so I was able to binge watch like 7 hours while working every night. Pretty sweet deal. Other than that I usually don't binge watch unless I have a mental breakdown and then I just binge and throw all of my responsibilities out the window for several hours.
Oct 29, 2018 2:53 AM
Nobody

Jul 2013
By going to University you gain a lot of free time unless you're a nerd
Oct 29, 2018 3:10 AM
Jul 2018
You simply relax and watch until the anime is over. I watched 22 episodes of HxH today so I could finish it but that's only because Im on vacation. In your case though even if you did have free time to binge watch I assume that your parents wouldn't let you anyway. So to answer your question I think the best thing to do is just watch when they are not around or convince them to let you watch.
Oct 29, 2018 3:12 AM

Jan 2009
well not all of us have strict parents like you got though sorry for your situation
Oct 29, 2018 3:19 AM

May 2016
Back when I lived with my parents, I simply eased them into the idea of me being a disappointment.

Grades were good, I seemed to have some friends and nothing was particularly wrong, so they just gave up on trying to communicate with me or walk into my room. Especially since if they did walk in, I'd be watching Highschool DxD and there'd be bouncing tits on screen.
Oct 29, 2018 3:32 AM
Sep 2018
On weekends it's very possible to take 4 hours of your time to watch a one cour anime. If you're talking 20+ then why does it matter? Anyone who doesn't binge a 26 episode anime in one sitting is smart and obviously has a life.

I have watched a 50 episode anime in one sitting but i however don't care what other people think. I just have more time than the average human on certain days.
Anime is pathetic. So am I for being a part of this community.
Oct 29, 2018 3:34 AM

Jul 2008
My use of time in high school was far from optimal, but even then, I spent it more fruitfully than watching 5+ hours of anime per day, which wouldn't even leave enough time for homework and eating after getting back home from school around 3:30 pm, nevermind the days when I had afterschool sports or extracurriculars that kept me there much longer.

Anime won't go anywhere; it will still be around when you get older. Your youth and the opportunities to learn and train, on the other hand? Those go by quickly.

The most I binged was 8 episodes a day of Berserk (1997) in college during the summer. Anything more than that, even of a series I love, would start to be more exhausting than enjoyable.
Oct 29, 2018 3:41 AM

Jan 2016
Binge watching only works during the Holidays and during School I'd recommend you only watch seasonal Anime or split up the episodes. Binge watching is only fun if you do it once in a while it becomes a chore and you stop enjoying it otherwise.
Oct 29, 2018 6:54 AM

Oct 2012
well my job rn is delivering pizza so no studying for that and I live alone so unless im over at my boyfriends house I got plenty of time to myself . it's funny I used to be a neet and lived with my parents but I actually watch way more anime now cause my anxieties are so much better and im able to just chill.
Nov 3, 2018 8:08 PM

Mar 2017
I just broke my personal record for binging. Last night I started a 22-episode anime but only got in 2 episodes. Today I watched the remaining 20 episodes. Prior to that I don't recall my single day record but it was maybe 12. It'll probably be a while before I do that again.

(My record for a weeknight after putting in a full day at work is 7.)
A møøse once bit my sister...
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime?

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

49 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - Yesterday

23 by epidemia78 »»
3 minutes ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

36 by epidemia78 »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you wish your culture was more represent in anime?

Spunkert - 11 hours ago

28 by epidemia78 »»
10 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 7 hours ago

23 by Shizuna »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.