Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Oct 25, 2018 1:42 PM

Mar 2018
I like this anime. I like this anime a lot and there is a ton to like about it. I can talk all day about what the anime does right: From the chemistry between the main characters to the thoughtfull symbolism to the likeable characters, but everything basically amounts to this anime having incredible writing. It has the best writing of this season by far with second place (Zombieland Saga imo) not even coming close. But you read the title so you already know I have a big problem with this anime.

The biggest problem of this anime is the lack of emotion.

Let me explain: I already talked about the amazing writing, but because of the writing this anime has an annoying habbit of ''tell, don't show''. When the characters interact with eachother most of the time they barely show emotion but instead tell what they are feeling. The voice pitch of some characters barely change over the course of the anime. They sound disinterested. This also explains a lot of other problems with the anime, like how the lack of emotion causes this anime to feel generic.

When I bring up this complaint, others defend it and tell that it actually makes this anime feel more down to earth. If you think that (and I think that goes for the majority), that's good! More power to you! Personally, the thing that makes or breaks and anime for me are the characters and a characters has several pillars that makes a character: Personality, writing and reactions. When one of these pillars misses it can break a character and I miss a lot of Reaction pillars in this anime and no down to earth feeling can resolve that.

But hey, this is my personal opinion. What do you think?
GroenboysOct 26, 2018 1:06 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 25, 2018 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
i'm surprised i read the whole thing.
i don't think it's a good anime
Oct 25, 2018 3:13 PM
Jul 2015
Yo same.

Except I don't like it in the first place.
Oct 25, 2018 3:31 PM
Jan 2017
The writing deliberately avoids reactions so we can focus on dialogue. I gotta go real quick so I can't get real in=depth rn, but the youtuber Nearly on Red talks about it in one of his weekly anime analysis videos. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC71rpZEsHZKr56TkE7TsQaQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Oct 25, 2018 3:41 PM

Jan 2008
I really don't see anything you mentioned as a legitimate problem. If anything, it just seems like you just don't like the personalities set for the characters which is less of a problem and more a nitpick.
Oct 26, 2018 12:58 PM

Aug 2018
The way the two main characters interact is very unrealistic. It's obviously trying very hard to emulate Bakemonogatri's Senjougahara & Araragi's "chemistry".
Oct 27, 2018 4:31 PM

Oct 2010
started off good but all the supernatural crap is just ruining it completely

why do they always feel compelled to insert so much supernatural booze in romance ..? I know why, cus writing a good script without supernatural is much harder and not everyone can do it.

I like the characaters and i like the art and i want to be stepped on by bunny-chan but ep 3-4 are seriously boring and bad. I agree with lack of emotion on top of supernatural bs on top of it isn't even just one phenomenon its several apparently which makes it even less believable and even worse...

lots of music -
Oct 27, 2018 8:25 PM

Oct 2015
The writer clearly isn't able to convey actual nuanced emotions in any of this stuff. Episode 4 was absolutely awful at having its characters speak to one another about any real subject without drenching themselves in exposition. Any romantic feelings here are shown through the dullest dialogues possible... it's like none of the characters have been fleshed out beyond their initial sketches but somehow that made it into the final draft of the novel and then into the anime itself.

The supernatural elements are the only thing keeping me watching it at this point.
Oct 27, 2018 10:53 PM

Jul 2014
I don't really have any major problem with the anime so far, but I do feel like half of the dialogue between Sakuta and Mai consists of flirting/romantic tension with each other, lol... and I don't think that's a good thing.
"Beyond the veil of cherry blossom petals blown by the wind - almost like their promised reunion -

Feelings pile up with the passage of time: once the torrent of emotions comes rushing down, what is the spectacle that awaits?"
Oct 27, 2018 10:59 PM

Aug 2017
Groenboys said:

Let me explain: I already talked about the amazing writing, but because of the writing this anime has an annoying habbit of ''tell, don't show''. When the characters interact with eachother most of the time they barely show emotion but instead tell what they are feeling. The voice pitch of some characters barely change over the course of the anime. They sound disinterested. This also explains a lot of other problems with the anime, like how the lack of emotion causes this anime to feel generic.

This is actually why I dropped the series after only 2 episodes. It made me feel nothing, despite wanting to enjoy it for its quirkiness.
Oct 27, 2018 11:12 PM

Sep 2018
I agree definitely. It’s not terrible but it just feels empty emotionally. I like the writing but sometimes it feels dry because they just explain it without actually seeing it.
Oct 31, 2018 6:54 PM
Nov 2012
I always thought it was on purpose, at least talking about Sakuta. Still thinking that there is no emotion behind his voice because he doesn't/can't show any hence the name of the title. I'll give it some more time since I find this actually funny rather than just bad.
Nothing to see here, please proceed to the next window.
Oct 31, 2018 7:37 PM

Aug 2018
A lot of it is just the way Sakuta is (and to a lesser degree, Mai and Futaba). Most of the other characters are pretty effusive.

I wonder if some of it is cultural. The Japanese are more reserved and formal anyway by default, at least on a surface social level.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 31, 2018 8:11 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
epidemia78 said:
The way the two main characters interact is very unrealistic. It's obviously trying very hard to emulate Bakemonogatri's Senjougahara & Araragi's "chemistry".

Lol wat? I interact with people like this all. the. time. And I witness it from other people on a daily basis. Not unrealistic at all.
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Oct 31, 2018 8:49 PM

Aug 2018
MagicMan80 said:
epidemia78 said:

Lol wat? I interact with people like this all. the. time. And I witness it from other people on a daily basis. Not unrealistic at all.

And even if we don't interact that way, I'd much rather watch a show with characters talking the way we want to talk (within reason) rather than the way we do. Makes for a more interesting show. There's room for idealization in dialogue.
Set SCE to AUX
Oct 31, 2018 10:58 PM

Jun 2014
incisorr said:

why do they always feel compelled to insert so much supernatural booze in romance ..? I know why, cus writing a good script without supernatural is much harder and not everyone can do it.

I like the characaters and i like the art and i want to be stepped on by bunny-chan but ep 3-4 are seriously boring and bad. I agree with lack of emotion on top of supernatural bs on top of it isn't even just one phenomenon its several apparently which makes it even less believable and even worse...

There's already a lot of romance show that doesn't deal with supernatural elements, it's fine for some of them to use supernatural element, it balances out you know? By the way I think yagate kimi no naru is a pretty good romance without supernatural and it's in your watchlist, try it out!
Oct 31, 2018 11:11 PM

Aug 2018
MagicMan80 said:
epidemia78 said:

2 teenagers share a bed in a hotel room and all they do is talk? Yeah, right.
Nov 1, 2018 6:09 AM
Apr 2016
epidemia78 said:
MagicMan80 said:

huh? What's wrong with that?
Nov 1, 2018 11:28 AM

Apr 2016
Ah, here we go. NEETs with no actual daily social interaction are criticizing how FICTIONAL characters are interacting with one another in an anime. Delete thread pls
Nov 2, 2018 7:41 AM
Jul 2018
OP, at first, I thought that too, but they are not the type of people, who express their emotions that much, imo.

epidemia78 said:
MagicMan80 said:

I did that all the time. Not everyone is sex-obsessed? ^^"
Nov 2, 2018 7:56 AM

Jul 2012
Shinzou-kun said:
Groenboys said:

This is actually why I dropped the series after only 2 episodes. It made me feel nothing, despite wanting to enjoy it for its quirkiness.

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm as emotionless as them? But I don't really understand what you're trying to point it out because I can actually feel the emotions in this anime and I think the character interactions are done beautifully. Maybe I'm just different in spiritual level, and I'm closer to the MC and these characters irl.
Maneki-Mew said:
OP, at first, I thought that too, but they are not the type of people, who express their emotions that much, imo.

epidemia78 said:

Yep same here, not everyone acts like they're in a horny american tv series.
よろしく!
Nov 2, 2018 8:35 AM
Jul 2018
ariacelesta said:
Shinzou-kun said:

Hmm, maybe it's because I'm as emotionless as them? But I don't really understand what you're trying to point it out because I can actually feel the emotions in this anime and I think the character interactions are done beautifully. Maybe I'm just different in spiritual level, and I'm closer to the MC and these characters irl.

I don't even think that they are emotionless. They just express a little bit less.
There are so many hyperactive and quirky anime girls that someone more down-to-earth, or just a little more reclusive, appears as almost emotionless in comparison.

Ofc there are very outgoing people in real as well, but most of them still act like their age rage and all, and even they don't express every little emotion so much over the top like some anime girls would do.

It's okay for comedies tho. Some people like this kind of comedy and that's alright.
That's no criticism against these anime, but pointing out that they feel a little bit more realistic to me than some other romance / comedy characters, where I have seen their anime partwise or the whole thing.

ariacelesta said:
Maneki-Mew said:

Yep same here, not everyone acts like they're in a horny american tv series.

Same. I started to strongly dislike some american series because of that. I'm always in for romamces and also don't mind sex scenes or smutty jokes. On the contrary, I like some of them very much.
But I came to deteste that sex-obsession in some sitcoms and these typical dumb chick-shows.

Most of these comedies in general aren't even funny, not in the slightest. Most jokes are "lool, another sex joke. Loool, they speak about sex the whole time. How mature I am", like an actual horny 15 yo teenager wrote the scripts. 😞
removed-userNov 2, 2018 9:30 AM
Nov 2, 2018 10:04 AM

Sep 2017
incisorr said:

So you're saying that you watched it even though it is literally a supernatural romantic comedy, something you didn't liked from the beginning and you are now saying that you don't like it cause it is having supernatural elements in it??

*clap clap*

ボールルームダンサー
Nov 2, 2018 10:25 AM

Oct 2010
yea cus i knew exactly how much they'd rely on it right

clap clap

logic too hard

14 iq
lots of music -
Nov 2, 2018 6:02 PM

Feb 2014
I get it was intentionally done for comedy, but it reminds me of Yahari ore no seishun love comedy and how it can still deliver certain emotions without having to make both parties emotionless most of the time. Even hachiman blush & cry in some episodes
Nov 2, 2018 6:39 PM

Nov 2016
incisorr said:

So you don't like base premise but you watched it anyway... Seems Logical to me
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2018 8:36 PM

Oct 2017
i have multiple issues with the anime, but yes this is one of them

the characters always just seem bleh and don't seem to care about anything, and anytime they do, it doesn't really make sense (like when sakuta gets mad when someone forgets Mai, despite him knowing why)

also i don't see why people like Mai so much, she's okay at best
Nov 2, 2018 10:49 PM

Oct 2010
Afloo said:
incisorr said:

So you don't like base premise but you watched it anyway... Seems Logical to me

you can barely even walk you're literally born past the year 2000, why are you even on a forum arguing with people lmao

Supernatural tag doesn't mean anything cus it doesn't explain how heavily involved it is within the anime and how big of a part of the anime/conversations/story would be but i guess thinking is too hard when u cant even tie your own shoes
lots of music -
Nov 3, 2018 1:06 PM

Oct 2018
I see this anime kind of dialogue carried rather than expecting too much of the plot, of course not to the extreme of the Monogatari series, which it has been compared to a lot. But as Paul said, it seems that it isn’t a problem with the characters sounding disingenuous, but rather your personal preference of the characters.
Paul said:
I really don't see anything you mentioned as a legitimate problem. If anything, it just seems like you just don't like the personalities set for the characters which is less of a problem and more a nitpick.

If I talk about my own personal opinion for this show I’d say you get the most out of it and the most interactive experience, through the script and dialogue. As in the many scenes where they sit down and talk, rather than expecting something exciting through the scenario, plot and characters. In the end this isn’t a shounen, there are plenty of those if you want interactive characters.
Not that I can’t understand your viewpoint - but I just disagree.
【🇳​🇪​🇼​ 🇵​🇷​🇴​🇫​🇮​🇱​🇪​ 🇩​🇪​🇸​🇮​🇬​🇳​】

I accept all friend requests! - Feel free to add me!

Nov 3, 2018 1:45 PM
Feb 2012
ramaseta said:
also i don't see why people like Mai so much, she's okay at best

they like her because she's your witty, typical, black-haired, light novel female MC

see: Yukino Yukinoshita

basically copy paste character for the general masses
as in no extremes... just bland right in the middle for mass consumption
Nov 4, 2018 1:02 AM
Sep 2018
I'm not a scientist but, the level of BS in the 'scientific' explanations for supernatural events is too much for me to take it seriously. The Schroedinger's cat 'if an object isn't observed, you can't confirm its state' explanation makes some sense but also raises other problems.

1. Why would students as shallow as these ones ignore a celebrity in their school?
2. Even if they did, 'people like to read the atmosphere' is not a good enough excuse for everyone in Japan to ignore her.
2a. Why can school people still see her, even if they're the only one's deliberately ignoring her?
3. The solution to this is just cheesy as fuck, why couldn't they just have an arc where Mai gets convinced to return to showbiz by Sakuta and that's the solution. It makes more sense and provides a better opportunity for emotional writing.
4. The actual Schroedinger's cat is in a state of 'dead or alive, with no confirmation and is, therefore, both at the same time'. It doesn't cease to exist. So the explanation only makes sense in an 'I don't know how this works but, it sounds right' kind of way.

Next is Laplace's Demon, a hypothetical being that can calculate the future. (Though from a Wiki search it's probably wrong anyway, whatever.) The demon can SEE the future, what does this have to do with SHOWING the future to someone when the entire premise is based on the fact that a human can't do these calculations? Why is Sakuta shown the future, why is the future looped, why am I supposed to care about this shallow, vacuous bitch who is physically incapable of independent thought?

Then the problem is solved via misunderstandings and some alpha male bullshit. Why not, over several time loops learn to have a spine or something, that would be more impressive.

5. Neither of these explanations needs to occur, I shouldn't have to ask these questions. Supernatural events can be explained using internal logic, in fact, they don't even need to be explained at all! If Mai just started being erased from existence when she quit showbiz and got ignored at school or time started looping around Bitch-chan, then it wouldn't make any difference. It's quite clear the author just wanted to sound smart with no thought for the narrative purpose or even the legitimacy of his 'science'.

DumpsterKingNov 4, 2018 1:11 AM
Nov 4, 2018 1:44 AM
Sep 2018
Bunny Girl is a male power fantasy, in the same vein as most other harem anime (I know it's not technically a harem but, it seems like every girl he saves will probably fall for him, so it's close enough) with a new skin.

Sakuta is basically Kirito or Issei or *insert name here* just meant to appeal to a different audience. I won't try to make any assumptions about the people who like him because that's an unnecessary minefield but, I will highlight some of his more obvious power fantasy MC traits.

Sakuta: always says the right thing; always says the funniest thing; despite being a complete loner, is able to flirt with a celebrity like it's nothing and is able to humiliate an adept athlete in a fight with ease.

If Sakuta was not a re-skinned harem protag then why instead of focusing on the personal growth of the girls is it focusing on Sakuta saving the day; they are reduced to damsels in distress while a white knight saves them.

Mai's story equates to: "My mom's a bitch, better quit showbiz. Oh no, I miss showbiz and there's an easy way to get back into it... Well, fuck it. Oh no, all these people at school are ignoring me, should I do something?... Well, fuck it. No way, I'm turning invisible, better put on that Bunny girl suit to indulge in my secret exhibitionism. Wow, this guy is paying attention to me and putting some effort to help me... Well, I should probs fuck him."

I'm not going to get started on Bitch-chan because WOW, she's an annoying character. It's like the author thought: let's make this character a bitch! Wait she's kind of annoying, let's add a sob story to her!
Nov 4, 2018 1:50 AM
Sep 2018
I've already spent way too much time shitting on this so I'll just leave with my review of the first 3 episodes.
My main problem with the anime is that it lacks anything that really stands out so far. The art is pretty standard with nothing that I found visually appealing. The BGM is below standard as no piece of music really helped sell the scenes in them and similarly, I felt that the VA's didn't emote enough, many of the rebuttals were to deadpan.

The characters themselves are not that interesting to me, as there were never any moments where they felt real to me. I didn't feel senpai's love for acting nor for instance; there's one scene in the first episode and I'm just not getting it. The same applies to all the casts motivations and emotions (with the exception of Sakuta's first conversation with his friend that was actually really good). Furthermore, all the side characters might as well not exist: the best friend is just kind of funny, the scientist girl is just bland, that girl that shouted paedophile is a special kind of 'special' and the reporter is literally a plot device.

Regarding the story it feels way too rushed, you can tell they adapted 1 volume in these episodes, eespecially when they kind of just gloss over his sisters syndrome with the only interesting visuals and give it very little time for impact
Nov 4, 2018 5:20 AM

Jul 2016
Bcuz its good in execution and a breath of fresh air MC and likeable female MC.

Nov 4, 2018 5:40 AM

Jul 2014
The hyperbole in this thread is real (and on this forum in general, I guess). I think the way the characters talk is very intentional, and it has appeal to some people, like myself. I think it is a realistic way of communicating, as I've both seen it and participated in it myself.

You can argue about the realism of the plot points and the realism of how many conversations turn out muted in expression, but I think it's the average anime that stands out as being too bubbly, not this show as being too monotone.

As a choice by the author, I understand it. I don't think the issue is whether or not the characters have emotions, they are there, but you have to look for them. Not everyone wears their emotions on their sleeves. I'd say most in my environment do not, though I might be older than some of you.

I think there are issues with the show, but I disagree that what you pointed out is one of them. I'd actually like a slightly higher amount of shows with similarly muted dialogue (though not always with this amount of snark, that'd be tiring).
Nov 4, 2018 6:29 AM
Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
The hyperbole in this thread is real (and on this forum in general, I guess). I think the way the characters talk is very intentional, and it has appeal to some people, like myself. I think it is a realistic way of communicating, as I've both seen it and participated in it myself.

You can argue about the realism of the plot points and the realism of how many conversations turn out muted in expression, but I think it's the average anime that stands out as being too bubbly, not this show as being too monotone.

As a choice by the author, I understand it. I don't think the issue is whether or not the characters have emotions, they are there, but you have to look for them. Not everyone wears their emotions on their sleeves. I'd say most in my environment do not, though I might be older than some of you.

I think there are issues with the show, but I disagree that what you pointed out is one of them. I'd actually like a slightly higher amount of shows with similarly muted dialogue (though not always with this amount of snark, that'd be tiring).
I'm not an emotional person but, I have a significantly larger vocal range than these characters. At the very least they should put more effort into joke delivery.
Nov 4, 2018 7:13 AM
Sep 2017
DumpsterKing said:
Bunny Girl is a male power fantasy, in the same vein as most other harem anime (I know it's not technically a harem but, it seems like every girl he saves will probably fall for him, so it's close enough) with a new skin.

Sakuta is basically Kirito or Issei or *insert name here* just meant to appeal to a different audience. I won't try to make any assumptions about the people who like him because that's an unnecessary minefield but, I will highlight some of his more obvious power fantasy MC traits.

Sakuta: always says the right thing; always says the funniest thing; despite being a complete loner, is able to flirt with a celebrity like it's nothing and is able to humiliate an adept athlete in a fight with ease.

If Sakuta was not a re-skinned harem protag then why instead of focusing on the personal growth of the girls is it focusing on Sakuta saving the day; they are reduced to damsels in distress while a white knight saves them.

Mai's story equates to: "My mom's a bitch, better quit showbiz. Oh no, I miss showbiz and there's an easy way to get back into it... Well, fuck it. Oh no, all these people at school are ignoring me, should I do something?... Well, fuck it. No way, I'm turning invisible, better put on that Bunny girl suit to indulge in my secret exhibitionism. Wow, this guy is paying attention to me and putting some effort to help me... Well, I should probs fuck him."

I'm not going to get started on Bitch-chan because WOW, she's an annoying character. It's like the author thought: let's make this character a bitch! Wait she's kind of annoying, let's add a sob story to her!

I think you assumed things too quick especially with all the girls will fall in love with sakuta part. From what I have seen from the novel review, it really doesn't seem like that. But if I said what will happen, it will be full of spoilers. And about the VA part, I think it is intentional so the VAs really cannot really be blamed imo
Nov 4, 2018 7:44 AM

Jul 2014
DumpsterKing said:
lamawalrus said:

I'm not an emotional person but, I have a significantly larger vocal range than these characters. At the very least they should put more effort into joke delivery.

If you are talking about the deadpan delivery, I think effort is entirely the wrong word here. It is intentional, and it works for me and people I know who enjoy this banter style of conversation. I'd agree if you said it is not for everyone.
Nov 4, 2018 9:42 AM
Aug 2014
The problem is that we're used to extreme over-the-top reactions from anime characters, and here's an anime where people act like real people.
Nov 4, 2018 11:32 PM
Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
DumpsterKing said:

If you are talking about the deadpan delivery, I think effort is entirely the wrong word here. It is intentional, and it works for me and people I know who enjoy this banter style of conversation. I'd agree if you said it is not for everyone.

I should have clarified. There's nothing wrong with deadpan humour, in fact, I like it. However, when 99% of the acting is in deadpan (like, seriously, they speak in monotone.up until it's time to be emotional with little nuance) it comes across as lifeless.

They were obviously going for a naturalistic feeling but, failed. They are obviously putting on voices and it just feels to scripted. I'm not sure if I'm saying this right but basically, there needs to be more subtle intonation.
Nov 5, 2018 7:41 AM

Jul 2014
DumpsterKing said:
lamawalrus said:

I should have clarified. There's nothing wrong with deadpan humour, in fact, I like it. However, when 99% of the acting is in deadpan (like, seriously, they speak in monotone.up until it's time to be emotional with little nuance) it comes across as lifeless.

They were obviously going for a naturalistic feeling but, failed. They are obviously putting on voices and it just feels to scripted. I'm not sure if I'm saying this right but basically, there needs to be more subtle intonation.

That's a fair opinion. I think I agree it's a bit overdone, but probably a lot less so than you do. That's just my opinion too, though.
Nov 5, 2018 7:47 AM
Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
DumpsterKing said:

That's a fair opinion. I think I agree it's a bit overdone, but probably a lot less so than you do. That's just my opinion too, though.
I probably am being too harsh but, it's hard not to when the dialogues the only above mediocre part of this anime.
Nov 5, 2018 8:03 AM

Jul 2014
DumpsterKing said:
lamawalrus said:

I probably am being too harsh but, it's hard not to when the dialogues the only above mediocre part of this anime.

Makes sense to me.
Nov 5, 2018 8:10 AM
May 2014
Seems like people just want another beta cuck MC lmao
Nov 5, 2018 9:36 AM
Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
DumpsterKing said:

Makes sense to me.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'll explain myself anyway. If the story was better written, the visuals more appealing, the directing more interesting and it had a better soundtrack then I would be too busy enjoying the anime for nitpicking's or at least care about it less.
Nov 5, 2018 10:22 AM

Jul 2014
DumpsterKing said:
lamawalrus said:

Makes sense to me.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, so I'll explain myself anyway. If the story was better written, the visuals more appealing, the directing more interesting and it had a better soundtrack then I would be too busy enjoying the anime for nitpicking's or at least care about it less.

Oh no, I was not being sarcastic. I think it makes perfect sense to expect a higher standard of one thing if it seems all value in the show exists in that one thing. Even from the point of view of the creator, it costs less resources and is less complicated to get one thing right than 10.

As a viewer, like you are saying, it's obviously also true.
Nov 5, 2018 10:35 AM
Sep 2018
lamawalrus said:
DumpsterKing said:

Oh no, I was not being sarcastic. I think it makes perfect sense to expect a higher standard of one thing if it seems all value in the show exists in that one thing. Even from the point of view of the creator, it costs less resources and is less complicated to get one thing right than 10.

As a viewer, like you are saying, it's obviously also true.

Ok, thanks. Nice talking to you.
Nov 5, 2018 12:50 PM

Oct 2016
It's good they act the way the characters do - like real people
Nov 6, 2018 9:52 AM
Nov 2015
epidemia78 said:
MagicMan80 said:

Yeah not everyone a horney individual that's looking to get laid
Nov 6, 2018 10:00 AM
Nov 2015
Groenboys said:
I like this anime. I like this anime a lot and there is a ton to like about it. I can talk all day about what the anime does right: From the chemistry between the main characters to the thoughtfull symbolism to the likeable characters, but everything basically amounts to this anime having incredible writing. It has the best writing of this season by far with second place (Zombieland Saga imo) not even coming close. But you read the title so you already know I have a big problem with this anime.

When I bring up this complaint, others defend it and tell that it actually makes this anime feel more down to earth. If you think that (and I think that goes for the majority), that's good! More power to you! Personally, the thing that makes or breaks and anime for me are the characters and a characters has several pillars that makes a character: Personality, writing and reactions. When one of these pillars misses it can break a character and I miss a lot of Reaction pillars in this anime and no down to earth feeling can resolve that.

But hey, this is my personal opinion. What do you think?
I feel the way characters interact feels very natural given the personalities they are established to so anyone who has problem with is mostly nitpicking due to personal grips not stating any valid critism, as for not liking, very understable as I'm also not the biggest fan of this show as well because of the character but who knows I might get used to it and eventually probably like it.
Black_Sheep97Nov 6, 2018 10:04 AM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2018

228 by Mythia »»
Yesterday, 5:55 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 26, 2018

518 by weka »»
Apr 21, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 7, 2018

278 by Killerind »»
Apr 18, 8:02 PM

» How many chapters left

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 7

10 by Aruhaya »»
Apr 8, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2018

195 by RinoRappa »»
Apr 4, 6:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.