Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 23, 2018 10:49 PM
Jul 2018
Hi, this is not a sexist poll, it's just a survey that would you wish to have so/daughter as your first (if only) child. Why? Please share your thoughts, thanks!
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 23, 2018 10:56 PM

Jul 2016
I'm a male and I prefer a daughter because if she gets into trouble the law will go easy on her. A son will bring great dishonor.
Oct 23, 2018 10:56 PM

May 2013
Doubt I'll ever have kids but, I'd like a son. Easier to raise and I can tell him of what it means to fight in this life.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 23, 2018 10:58 PM
Jul 2018
IpreferEcchi said:
I'm a male and I prefer a daughter because if she gets into trouble the law will go easy on her. A son will bring great dishonor.
Yeah dude, that's exactly what I thought...
Oct 23, 2018 11:01 PM
Jul 2018
Gan_water said:
Doubt I'll ever have kids but, I'd like a son. Easier to raise and I can tell him of what it means to fight in this life.
Well, as a son myself, I have to admit my younger years behaviours were pretty "annoying" to my parents haha. A girl may be a nice IMO
Oct 23, 2018 11:19 PM

May 2013
Litcotaku said:
Gan_water said:
Well, as a son myself, I have to admit my younger years behaviours were pretty "annoying" to my parents haha. A girl may be a nice IMO

Well of course it's subjective haha.

But yeah growing up as a young boy was really pretty nice for me so I wouldn't mind doing it again :)
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Oct 23, 2018 11:21 PM

Mar 2016
i mean, i prefer two kids of both genders, but if i really had to choose i'd have a son.
Oct 24, 2018 12:02 AM

Sep 2014
I guess I would want both but if I went for one child, I would preferably have a son.
Oct 24, 2018 1:59 AM
Jul 2018
I'm a female and i prefer neither op.
Oct 24, 2018 3:47 AM

Aug 2014
Not really sure tbh. I feel like having a daughter would be really fun, but a son would be interesting too. I'll just see what happens when the time comes I guess
Oct 24, 2018 4:00 AM

Mar 2016
I would rather have a son. But whatever happens, happens, I suppose.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Oct 24, 2018 5:03 AM

Apr 2018
I think daughters are easier to take care off since they get into less trouble. Though I'd need to make sure she doesn't turn out to be a spoiled SJW.
Oct 24, 2018 5:55 AM

Dec 2014
Ig this thread is gonna get cheesy af.

OT: I don't know, but I would say daughter.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Oct 24, 2018 5:57 AM

Jan 2009
I'm a male and I prefer a son (your vote)

just because of lower maintenance, im too lazy to deal with menstruation and beauty products if i have a daughter
Oct 24, 2018 6:31 AM

Nov 2015
I'm male and I'd prefer to have one of each, but the firstborn would be a girl I guess, because I have a younger sister that I help take care of some, I feel like I'd know a bit of how to take of a daughter.

Yamato
[I like anything, so long as it's interesting.
“Shallow and wide, please” is my motto.]
Oct 24, 2018 6:35 AM

Feb 2016
deg said:

just because of lower maintenance, im too lazy to deal with menstruation and beauty products if i have a daughter

But your son could end up wanting to wear make up or use beauty products.

And your daughter could become a tomboy who doesn't use such things.
Oct 24, 2018 6:39 AM

Jan 2009
azula-is-gay said:
deg said:

But your son could end up wanting to wear make up or use beauty products.

And your daughter could become a tomboy who doesn't use such things.

true but im talking the norm though like statistics wise males are usually lower maintenance
Oct 24, 2018 6:39 AM

Feb 2016
I don't care. I would treat my son or daughter the same way. Buy the same outfits and same toys for both of them. Fuck gender roles.
Oct 24, 2018 7:20 AM

Nov 2017
I'd prefer to have neither, lol. But in the unlikelihood my lover and I had a kid I wouldn't mind either way
Oct 24, 2018 7:34 AM

Jun 2014
Where's the "I don't want children" option?

Oct 24, 2018 8:12 AM

Oct 2010
Hmm, I'm not really sure. Part of me would love to have a daughter to dote on. I'd love to do stuff like buy her cute outfits and get her a bunch of cute toys. The thought of raising a teenage girl scares the crap out of me, though. I'd also be a bit worried of things like teenage pregnancy.

A son seems less worrisome at least. So maybe I'd prefer a son?
I don't know.
Oct 24, 2018 8:29 AM

Jun 2016
Seiya said:
Where's the "I don't want children" option?
Beat me to it, I really don't like kids.
Oct 24, 2018 8:39 AM

Jan 2016
While I don't see myself ever getting a kid, I'd like to have a son if I ever did get one.
Oct 24, 2018 8:42 AM

Feb 2016
Usagi said:
Hmm, I'm not really sure. Part of me would love to have a daughter to dote on. I'd love to do stuff like buy her cute outfits and get her a bunch of cute toys. The thought of raising a teenage girl scares the crap out of me, though. I'd also be a bit worried of things like teenage pregnancy.

I don't know.

I don't mean to sound like a triggered sjw, but why can't you do stuff like that to your son? buy him cute outfits and cute toys. you do know that you are promoting toxic gender norms right?
Oct 24, 2018 8:46 AM

Dec 2016

Not gonna have children. If I do end up adopting a child, for sure it's gonna be a girl.
Oct 24, 2018 8:47 AM

Oct 2010
azula-is-gay said:
Usagi said:

I don't know.

I don't mean to sound like a triggered sjw, but why can't you do stuff like that to your son? buy him cute outfits and cute toys. you do know that you are promoting toxic gender norms right?

I'm not just going to go out and buy my son dresses or dolls as I would for my daughter. Maybe if he asked, but the chances of that aren't very likely. Can't say I find dinosaur toys and race cars cute, so I wouldn't have the same feeling buying the boy toys.
Oct 24, 2018 8:47 AM

Dec 2016
azula-is-gay said:

Be prepared for overly defensive rebuttals and incessant personal attacks, including "you damned SJWs have ruined everything for us with your gay agenda"
Oct 24, 2018 9:00 AM

Feb 2016
Usagi said:
azula-is-gay said:

I'm not just going to go out and buy my son dresses or dolls as I would for my daughter. Maybe if he asked, but the chances of that aren't very likely. Can't say I find dinosaur toys and race cars cute, so I wouldn't have the same feeling buying the boy toys.

You are super close-minded. You should buy dolls and race cars for your kid, no matter what their gender are. I'm a girl and I grew up playing with male toys only. Sometimes I wanted "girl" toys too, but that didn't mean I wanted to give away my "boy" toys.

Like I said earlier: fuck gender roles. Show your kid that toys and clothes have no gender and that they can be however they want be. Not force gender roles on them.
Oct 24, 2018 9:06 AM

Jul 2016
i generally hate kids and i will never have kids but... i prefer to have a son if im going to have a kid. i think its easier to "connect" with him since im a man myself
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2018 9:11 AM

Oct 2010
azula-is-gay said:
Usagi said:

You are super close-minded. You should buy dolls and race cars for your kid, no matter what their gender are. I'm a girl and I grew up playing with male toys only. Sometimes I wanted "girl" toys too, but that didn't mean I wanted to give away my "boy" toys.

Like I said earlier: fuck gender roles. Show your kid that toys and clothes have no gender and that they can be however they want be. Not force gender roles on them.

Sorry, but I'm not going to agree with the tumblr like mindset on gender roles.
I don't think there is anything wrong with getting race cars and blue for your young son, or barbies and pink for your young daughter. Now if they actually expressed interest in wanting something else, that would be a different story. It would be wrong to deny them what they want if they actually expressed interest in it. Otherwise, I think it's fine.

I'm done with this conversation, though, as I'm not the type who enjoys arguing on something neither side is ever going to agree on.
Oct 24, 2018 9:14 AM

Jul 2016
azula-is-gay said:
Usagi said:

I don't know.

because my son will PROBABLY not like them? this isn't about gender roles, u can't deny that there is a difference between genders

maybe i am close minded because of how i grew up and where i live.

i don't get what the problem here is, if the girl has it in her... she will probably turn into a tomboy when she grows up. same for the boy
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 24, 2018 9:22 AM
Aug 2018
I don't want children, but if I somehow got one I wouldn't care what gender it was.
Oct 24, 2018 9:52 AM
Oct 24, 2018 9:55 AM

Mar 2018
Let me put it this way.... if it’s not a boy, it’s an abortion
Help stop the spread of Korean propaganda (KPrOP) and sign this petition!
http://chng.it/Yw8Vzwk4Tg
Oct 24, 2018 10:03 AM

Aug 2017
I don't want children. I'll never get married and I hate kids but a daughter will be less annoying.
NurguburuOct 24, 2018 10:06 AM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Oct 24, 2018 11:39 AM
Aug 2016
I doubt that I'll ever have any kids, but let's give a try.
Hmmm, a daughter would be more convenient, since she can be daddy's princess, you know what I mean? Most dads think of their daughters as their little innocent princesses.
But a son would be a good choice too since ... well, Idk, I would like a son too.
I actually would like to have 2 kids, a girl and a boy.
First born to be the girl and then to be the boy. The age gap between them to be like around 4 or 5 years maybe.
Idk, I'm still too young to be thinking about kids now. Let's let life decide for us.
Oct 24, 2018 11:49 AM

Nov 2014
Daughter. If I had a son, then he'd probably grow up to become more manly than me, then our relationship would be a bit awkward...
Oct 24, 2018 12:01 PM

Sep 2011
I'd prefer a daughter instead. Having a son will be surely a pain in the ass if he easily get influenced by other jerks, particularly in school.

Oct 24, 2018 12:05 PM

Oct 2014
I voted for a son (I'm a male), but it's actually 50/50. I think I would enjoy have a young daughter (under 10) more than a young son. But when it comes to teenagers... I don't know if I'd be capable of dealing with a teenage daughter. So I guess a son by default.
Oct 24, 2018 12:05 PM
Jul 2018
Son, because daughters are annoying. I must know, I am someone's daughter.
Oct 24, 2018 12:07 PM

Dec 2016
I would be happy with whatever I have, if I was interested in having children.

Funnily enough, I heard this convo at work awhile back. Boys should have a fulltime job by the time they can walk.
Oct 24, 2018 12:10 PM
Jul 2018
I don't really care. But if I were to have more than one child, I would hope for a mix of males and females. I don't know why, it's just a whim. I just don't want my children to grow up with gender stereotypes. If my son acts "girlish" and my daughter acts "boyish" I wouldn't really care, I just want whats best for them, and I'd be pretty pissed if someone told them to behave differently.

Also, I'd get them into anime early. Not the dodgy stuff, of course. When they're young I'd sit them down and watch Pokemon and other classics with them. Maybe when they're teens I'll "accidentally" leave some anime on their computers to interest them. If both of them grew up to be non-elitist weebs, I would literally be the proudest father on earth.
Oct 24, 2018 12:43 PM

Aug 2018
I'm a male and I prefer not to have kids.
Oct 24, 2018 5:10 PM

Jan 2013
neither lol i'd rather have a cat of course.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Oct 24, 2018 5:19 PM

Apr 2017
hmm, that's a hard one

I want to have a mix of both, but if I had to have one kid i guess I'd prefer a son

easier to handle and if he's being a cunt we can throw hands rather than me grounding him

also, why do y'all hate kids so much?
mal's raccoon

boop !
‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ hell yeah !
from the distant
year of

the
are after me !
Oct 24, 2018 5:33 PM
Sep 2011
I'm a female and I'd have a son. Main reason is that if my underage daughter becomes rebellious and tries to sleep with someone just to spite me, ends up getting pregnant and wants to keep the child, I'd kick her out and the family will be dishonored

( ;´Д`) at least with a son and got someone pregnant, I could insist not to have the girl and baby move into my house. Plus, I'm tall and look for a guy taller than me, so it's highly likely my child would be rather tall and being tall for a boy can be advantageous.
Oct 24, 2018 5:42 PM

Nov 2016
I wouldn't mind having both tbh. Keeping in mind, both gender can be difficult to raise either way but preferably I would rather have a son.

Oct 24, 2018 5:46 PM

Mar 2016
i'd love to have a daughter but i'm very unlucky so i'll probably end up having a son.

Oct 24, 2018 6:09 PM

Sep 2018
I'm a male and would prefer having a daughter, mainly because I grew up with a brother

Oct 24, 2018 6:22 PM

Feb 2016
have a daughter for obvious reasons.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» What anime character would make a good villian in Courage The Cowardly Dog and why?

vasipi4946 - 9 hours ago

2 by Zarutaku »»
5 minutes ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Apr 24

27 by hypergoob »»
15 minutes ago

Poll: » Bluey is the most watched anime in the world now

tsukareru - Apr 24

29 by ISeeLifePeople »»
34 minutes ago

» Believe it or not, but my father-in-law works for law enforcement

DesuMaiden - Yesterday

13 by hypergoob »»
40 minutes ago

» Dracula, Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde or Frankenstein(books)?

Absurdo_N - Apr 23

11 by xthewarwithinx »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.