Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 9, 2018 10:26 AM
Nov 2016
I understand nothing.___.
There are again so many new people and I really don't know what the story is about anymore. Who is against who? lol
Maybe I just should read the manga.
Oct 9, 2018 10:29 AM

Apr 2015
Sorry, but what did I just watch? I understand nothing! I didn't recognize Kaneki at first.
Oct 9, 2018 11:15 AM
Jul 2018
what a great waste of time
it's gonna be a pain to finish this anime.
Oct 9, 2018 11:19 AM

Jul 2012
Cozatto said:
At this point, I guess Eto is the only reason I continue to watch this.

I see you are a man of culture as well. I hope they will make an anime only Eto ending.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2018 11:24 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, this episode was a fucking mess. Let's just hope they adapt the trigger chapter, assuming it wasn't already skipped.
Oct 9, 2018 11:29 AM

Dec 2017
Such a masterpiece! As expected of Studio Pierrot, once again presenting an amazing action-packed shounen series. I think everyone should give this 1 0/10.

Lelouch0202 said:
Lot of Eto screentime, hopefully there continues to be more. Can't go wrong with best girl screentime. XD
I still couldn't accept that they ruined the very short moment of build-up between Eto and Ken.
I just realized that all of my favorite characters, beside being stunningly beautiful, also happen to be exceptionally skilled murder machines. \('-')/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Oct 9, 2018 12:11 PM

Jul 2014
More focus on Eto and her backstory was interesting, but this episode was a completely baffling way to start the series, seemingly vastly disconnected from where the previous season left off.
Oct 9, 2018 12:41 PM

Mar 2018
As a manga reader i feel violated, but what should i expect from studio pierrot at this point?
Just let a better studio remake it
Oct 9, 2018 12:58 PM

Aug 2015
Just like with the first Season Tokyo Ghoul re the show is dead on arrival
This series unadaptable at this point
Oct 9, 2018 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
I am legit confused, the pacing of the first 3 minutes was insanly quick and by the sounds of the people here, they just rushed a whole arc. This seems worse than first season of :Re... I am definitely reading the manga when this stopped airing.

The best thing I could say about this episode, that we see Hinami & Eto.
Oct 9, 2018 1:10 PM
Jul 2018
oh come on, at least try to keep people in the loop
Oct 9, 2018 1:17 PM

Jan 2016
Did they just show us a whole fucking arc in less than 3 minutes? My mouth was hanging for like 4 minutes straight trying to take in the fact that Perriot just did that

I sensed that this was going to be bad but never this bad, NEVER
Oct 9, 2018 1:26 PM
Aug 2016
WOW! The pacing of this episode was so frigging fast that I was sitting on my seat and laughing my ass off as I watched more and more. It's genuine comedy at this point. They literally fast forwarded around 10-12 chapters worth of content in a single episode. And the animation and art is shoddy as hell. I really am wondering what the anime only viewer's reactions are. Looks like they will be done with the whole rushima/cochlea arc by the next episode or by episode 3 I think. This shit has gotta be the fastest episode I have watched in my anime viewing history LOL.
Oct 9, 2018 1:34 PM
Jan 2015
WOW. They actually made it worse than I thought. So we were just introduced to Shiono and he was offscreened after 10 minutes. This is the biggest trainwreck I've seen in an adaptation. I'm so sad right now
Oct 9, 2018 1:42 PM
Jul 2018
Anime only viewer here.
Wtf did I just watch?
Oct 9, 2018 1:58 PM

May 2010
im not even sure i want a second season after the first one which was clear as day TRASH. it kinda fits tho since i dropped tokyo ghoul re manga aswell after like 28 chapters after finishing and LOVING the original manga.

how is it possible to ruin something that was so good ....
i guess im out
Oct 9, 2018 2:00 PM

Sep 2018
KingSlayer426 said:
Revoltage1022 said:
idk I heard they skipped an arc or something , is reading the manga from the beginning worth it tho

Yes, start from the first Tokyo Ghoul, then you can at least understand what the hell is going on
Actually season 1 and re season 1 were quite good, but both of the season 2 are just terrible. So yeah, read the manga definetely.
Oct 9, 2018 2:12 PM
Aug 2016
Wow, and I thought it couldn't get any worse.
This is already the worst part of the manga, add that the mad an awful adaptation and SKIPPED A THIRD OF WHAT THEY WERE GOING TO ANIMATE.
Damn, I feel really sorry for the anime-onlys.
Also they spoiled the final arc in the first minutes in a flashforward.
Congratulations Pierrot, great job as always!

Oct 9, 2018 2:40 PM
Nov 2016
malicegeminexus said:
Anime only viewer here.
Wtf did I just watch?

I second this LOL can someone please explain what happened in this episode?
Oct 9, 2018 2:45 PM

Oct 2016
The pacing has me feeling like that one mr krabs meme.. Too much is happening, not surprised tho the other part was also incredibly rushed for no reason. Maybe I will just dropt he anime and go back to keeping up witht eh English translation.
Oct 9, 2018 2:45 PM
Dec 2009
As an Anime only guy I don't even know if I want to continue this, I have no idea what just happened.
Oct 9, 2018 2:52 PM

Jun 2017
Lunilah said:
I don't know if it's just me being a dumbass, but last season and this season kept making me confused on who is who until its explicitly stated because people keep changing appearances and sometimes added with the fact that it's been forever since i've seen them at all.

I didn't immediately recognize Kaneki because we just spent an entire season with dual colored hair, minus the ending. Now it's fully back to black and with glasses? Threw me off until his name was actually spoken. Same goes for that book author, i thought she was like 10+ years older with way longer hair?

I think i'm just getting things wrong or misremembering? I don't know.

Actually recognizing characters was a big problem in the :re manga as well. Not much with Kaneki, since they stated his name very early on the first chapter he changed back so that everybody would know it's him, but the designs of side characters were so incredibly generic I had to check wiki pages to even find out which two characters were on the page together. I imagine the anime is gonna be even worse in this aspect since it's so fast paced you don't even have time to try remembering character faces properly, much less what they're names are or what is their role in the story. Honestly, just wait till they start presenting some of the random, but somewhat important, CCG officers who basically all look the same without any unique quirks whatsoever (unless they cut them out of course, since this is a TG adaptation we are talking about)

Oh yeah, and Eto was basically only supposed to have cut her hair short, yet they basically changed the way she looks completely. That's what they get for changing the artstyle so drastically compared to the original TG.

All and all, you are completely in the right for being confused.

Higurashi Gou is the worst anime in existence.
Oct 9, 2018 2:57 PM

Oct 2014
Tomm01p said:
Lunilah said:
I don't know if it's just me being a dumbass, but last season and this season kept making me confused on who is who until its explicitly stated because people keep changing appearances and sometimes added with the fact that it's been forever since i've seen them at all.

I didn't immediately recognize Kaneki because we just spent an entire season with dual colored hair, minus the ending. Now it's fully back to black and with glasses? Threw me off until his name was actually spoken. Same goes for that book author, i thought she was like 10+ years older with way longer hair?

I think i'm just getting things wrong or misremembering? I don't know.

Actually recognizing characters was a big problem in the :re manga as well. Not much with Kaneki, since they stated his name very early on the first chapter he changed back so that everybody would know it's him, but the designs of side characters were so incredibly generic I had to check wiki pages to even find out which two characters were on the page together. I imagine the anime is gonna be even worse in this aspect since it's so fast paced you don't even have time to try remembering character faces properly, much less what they're names are or what is their role in the story. Honestly, just wait till they start presenting some of the random, but somewhat important, CCG officers who basically all look the same without any unique quirks whatsoever (unless they cut them out of course, since this is a TG adaptation we are talking about)

Oh yeah, and Eto was basically only supposed to have cut her hair short, yet they basically changed the way she looks completely. That's what they get for changing the artstyle so drastically compared to the original TG.

All and all, you are completely in the right for being confused.
Alright then. That's certainly problematic. Hopefully it's just episode 1 xd

I don't believe in the Devil.
You should. He believes in you.
Oct 9, 2018 4:02 PM

Jan 2015
As an anime only viewer I'm utterly lost. Can someone explain what happened?
Oct 9, 2018 4:06 PM

Jun 2017
Holy shit! RIP! So they are really putting 120 chapters into 12 episodes......
Oct 9, 2018 4:41 PM
Nov 2015
The opening is beautiful! The story so far looks great and I’m anticipating for next weeks episode!
Oct 9, 2018 4:53 PM

Jul 2015
Wow I don't even have word to describe this episode, that was really painful to watch, only thing I like is Eto's VA and OP, everything else is awful.

Oct 9, 2018 5:04 PM

Nov 2014
I hate pierrot. They just split on a great manga with all their crappy adaptions.
Oct 9, 2018 5:17 PM

Jul 2009
Nurguburu said:
Did they skip a whole arc and just they showed us just a few minutes? LMAO. At least the animation is good. The pacing is fast, very fast, one of the most fastest episodes that I've ever seen in my life lol.

Omg I was really hoping that’s not what they did and it was just a sneak peak but omg. Are they dumb? How will we ever understand why Tooru is so damn edgy then? They better cut out all his scenes from now till the end then.

This is just too much. Plus Sachi’s significance is total moot now. He never even fought with Kaneki in the anime...

And why the hell did the subs turn Sachi into Orca?
Oct 9, 2018 5:23 PM
Jan 2017
i just wait to see this season...
start with the opening,, its mot good it all,, the 1st season and 3rd season is very amazing but this season i dont feel it,,

next the scene when eto sleep and her manager is enter the room and found some flesh human there is not displayed,, i read the manga and see that the human flesh there.. i dont know why pierot too much cencored about this, maybe they trying too keepit can be watch by everyone or what,, IDk,,

Oct 9, 2018 5:25 PM
Jan 2017
MomoSinX said:
Holy shit! RIP! So they are really putting 120 chapters into 12 episodes......
10 chapter per episode,, high compresed
Oct 9, 2018 5:39 PM

Jan 2013
Man Kaneki's appearance keeps changing so much every season that it takes me a few minutes to figure out it's him every time. It's also hard to keep track of what's happening since I guess there was another time skip and we literally didn't see any of those people from the main cast of the previous season.
At least Eto's backstory was comprehensible even though they apparently rushed through some big important battle. Ah well.

The only other thing that made some sense and didn't come completely out of nowhere was the situation with Hinami. I know she is the little ghoul girl from season 1 and I remember she got captured last season so at least something is connecting this huge clusterfuck of a series together since Kaneki doesn't seem capable of it with his constant personality shifts between seasons. I do like that he still cares about her enough to bust her out of this prison even though I have no idea what's going on in the wider context of things.

Based on my previous experience with this series, I expect absolutely nothing to be explained but it might at least be some mindless entertainment since I definitely wasn't bored watching this.
Oct 9, 2018 6:22 PM

May 2014
OMG

This anime got fucked so bad again....
Not to mention they are going to adapt the rest of the manga in 12 episodes??? How?

Pierrot is really the shitties anime studio ever.
Oct 9, 2018 6:23 PM
May 2018
Big shame, horrible, pierrot 2017-2018 = big shame, should stop working.
Oct 9, 2018 6:26 PM

May 2014
For anyone who started new and just havent read the manga:

Skip this pile of shit, it's a waste of your time. Read the manga instead, OR read basically anything else, even that would be better than this.

Also I would be really interested of the budget of one episode compared to other animes made by different studio. I'm pretty sure that this anime has the lowest budget of the whole season.
Oct 9, 2018 6:59 PM

Jun 2014
This anime has always desperately tried to convey some deep message about humanity that has significant meaning; and as far back as season 1, I have been interested in trying to understand the point theyre trying to make; BUT the problem is the whole series has always been a huge clusterfuck of a mess.

Stuff just happens, and anyone who didnt read the manga has no effing clue whats even going on. The cinematic cues are terrible and make shit even more confusing; the story doesnt even continuously flow season to season; and in episodes like this, even each scene is completely disconnected from the next. New characters are thrown at you with no introduction and youre expected to know who they are and why they matter; on top of that, youre expected to remember characters who have had no screen time in the last season and a half; AND THEN they change the appearance of characters on a whim (I literally had no idea glasses dude was Kaneki until the last 5min). They dont let you inside what Kaneki is thinking either. Like what is his CURRENT state of mind?? Does he now remember who he is; is he still loyal the investigators; is back to being on the ghoul's side?
Oct 9, 2018 7:05 PM

Jun 2014
lmao what a complete and utter shit show
Oct 9, 2018 7:58 PM

Aug 2016
(anime only viewer) A bit lost again with the starting episode for this season, but I guess the episode was ok considering I have very low expectations.
Oct 9, 2018 8:07 PM

Jan 2012
I think this show needs more characters because I lost track if some of these characters were new or not
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 9, 2018 8:30 PM
Aug 2017
They skipped everything. Like this episode honestly felt like I was watching a recap. Like they would show some cool scenes and all but it doesn't matter because I don't know what the fuck is going on.
Oct 9, 2018 8:36 PM

Aug 2015
it was OK, i mean, my expectations are pretty low for this season, so it was ok so far. :c

Oct 9, 2018 8:58 PM

Dec 2015
Probably the best OP as of yet, they tried hard to bring back s1 feels!

Had a decent idea of what was going on having read the manga but it felt like they skimmed through 30+ chapters.
~
Oct 9, 2018 9:50 PM

Oct 2014
i don’t know how i feel about this, i can’t even remember what arc was skipped LMAO, but watching this episode i could understand how confuckled anime only viewers would be

even though i’m pretty sure they will, i hope they don’t try to cram the rest of :re into this season. there’s almost 200 chapters and at the point the anime is at around chapter 60-70 i think. so i’m really concerned

kinda mixed on the opening, the visuals were great but i’m not sure how i feel about the song - it just didn’t match. i definitely prefer the previous op to this one, but hopefully it’ll grow on me
Oct 9, 2018 11:11 PM
Mar 2018
I feel like they changed Eto's appearance a bit. She seems more beautiful now xD or maybe it's my imagination
Oct 10, 2018 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
here we go again with the trainwreck of TG...
OP by Ling Toshite Shigure was awesome.
3/5.

Oct 10, 2018 12:50 AM
Mar 2014
I liked this episode. The OP was weird imo
Oct 10, 2018 1:04 AM

Nov 2008
As long I get some of my favorite moments and scenes from the Manga then I can care less if its Abridged as hell.

The ones I want are Kakuja Amon and Takizawa fight, Kaneki and Touka Ghoul Whoopie and mostly Kakuja Kaneki vs Furuta Final Battle, also Kurona, Kakuja Tatara, and the happy ending with Kaneki, Touka, there daughter and everyone else.

Also get some good music like Unraveled out of it too.
HollowIchigo58Oct 10, 2018 1:30 AM
Oct 10, 2018 1:36 AM

Sep 2014
I dont even know why I still bother with this messy storytelling, I guess I just need my dose of edge
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 10, 2018 2:54 AM

May 2016
Okay, what I don't understand is why people say it was hard to understand this episode?
As a dedicated hater of the original Tokyo Ghoul, I enjoyed it a lot, :re remains effortlessly stylish.

And the amount of people screaming 'mangaaa!' is incredible. Reminds me of when I read Tokyo Ghoul years back, as seemingly everybody kept claiming it's good and it turned out to be the same pile of shit the anime was with a few pieces moved.

Oct 10, 2018 4:44 AM

Dec 2016
So everything that made this anime special (1st season of TG) was first of all ghouls, which is common af now since 95% of the population has to be ghouls, then one eyed ghouls, but since there are new ones every episodes what's the point, the feels which are gone as well (well actually i feel... i feel sad for the path this anime has taken), what good points has the 1st season of TG left for TG:RE 2? Why are they doing everything to make this anime even worse season per season, episode per episode?
Signature removed. Please have a positive iq.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2018

202 by bakakisima »»
May 17, 9:05 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2018

58 by bakakisima »»
May 16, 8:04 AM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 27, 2018

97 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2018

193 by bakakisima »»
May 11, 12:58 PM

Poll: » Tokyo Ghoul:re 2nd Season Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2018

174 by bakakisima »»
May 8, 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.