I love yo
Noblesse
Dice
The gamer
Black haze
Catharsis
Sweet home
Dead days

Looking for intriguing plots, not pure romance like cheese in the trap or sirens call or whatever it's called.

ezlordSep 29, 2018 5:31 AM

ur opinion = shit
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 28, 2018 3:44 PM

Nov 2015
Yea I read some but I've only read one out of the list you mentioned. My top 3 are probably Killing Stalking, Unstoppable Siblings/My secret brother and Bastard so I'd recommend those, especially Bastard since you've read Sweet Home and they are both pretty similar from what I've heard. You can check the spoiler on my profile if you want to see a detailed list of what I've read.
Sep 28, 2018 4:31 PM

Aug 2017
Yup. It has some interesting Yuri titles. Though unfortunately, recently I haven't had time to read any.
Sep 28, 2018 4:36 PM

Aug 2017
my question is what in the world is a webtoon?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 28, 2018 5:29 PM

Feb 2016
Most of the stuff i've read was those random BL Manhwa that are spawning like crazy, and god it sucks. It really does.

i liked the two main titles from Ha Il-Kwon though

assyrian said:
my question is what in the world is a webtoon?

Korean comics published on the web instead of traditionally printed like manga. It's like a huge thing right now
Sep 28, 2018 5:33 PM

Jun 2014
Nope.

I only read Japanese Manga. I'm not interested in anything else.

Sep 28, 2018 5:39 PM

Sep 2012
I've read a little bit of Sweet Guy and Girls of the Wild's but I don't really stay up to date with them.
Sep 28, 2018 8:15 PM

Feb 2014
My fav one are:
Lookism
Hooky
Sweet Home
Bastard
Mage & Demon Queen
Oh! Holy
Sep 28, 2018 8:51 PM

Feb 2016
Only Bastard so far. Will do Noblesse at some point
Sep 28, 2018 9:03 PM

Apr 2016
i read some but i haven't come across one that is worthy to follow

also my own comic....
Sep 28, 2018 9:06 PM
Jul 2018
Unordinary is one I follow, that's about it.
Sep 28, 2018 9:22 PM

Feb 2018
I'll try to avoid redundancy, so here are my unique entries here:

Surprised nobody mentioned Kiss Wood. One my my favorite artstyles in any webtoon I've read. Though it's quite short, and has a typical "save the environment" message, it ties up in a nice,neat little bow instead of dragging with filler. Regardless, it is a unique world and filled with characters that I'd love to explore.

Another one I've read that's similar to Sweet Home (author of Bastard) was Dead Days, which is quite alright in my book (and I'm a harsh scorer/critique, so an alright can be above average/great for another person). It's a zombie apocalypse story, but the zombies are the old-style of that idea, rather than what video games from early to mid 2010's taught us. Nice art, plot,idea, & characters, meh ending imo.

ezlord said:
What are ur top three?

1)Lookism
2)Revival Man
3)Melvina's Therapy

^the last two have iffy scheduling, so I don't think it's best to read at the moment with hiatuses
foxsurpriseSep 28, 2018 9:30 PM
Sep 28, 2018 10:07 PM

Nov 2013
I used to read them a lot, mainly BL, now I don't anymore.
Drug Candy and Disrespectful Bit*h if you liked Household Affairs.
If you are looking for something cute and fluffy then maybe Consumua & Sudutist.

Sep 28, 2018 10:45 PM

Oct 2014
Does The Breaker count? I think the sequel (New Waves) came out online instead of print IIRC. Only other one was Annarasumanara, which I read recently. Very strange, but was ok.
Sep 28, 2018 11:56 PM

Jan 2017
ezlord said:
What are ur top three
Can you please recommend me any good ones
Currently I have caught up with

Tower of God
Hive
Lessa
Greatest outcast
Household affairs
Lookism
My cold blooded King
Asuras bride
Blade notes
I love yo
Noblesse
Dice
The gamer
Black haze
Catharsis
Sweet home

I don't have anything useful to contribute beyond your list there, but isn't 'Sweet Home' fricking good!?! Picked it up as soon as I finished 'Bastard'.

Sep 29, 2018 12:34 AM

Nov 2016
OP, can I just say I love you for having read Lessa.

As for webtoons I've read:
Lessa
Lookism
Divine Bells
Blood Bank
Hive
Household Affairs
Dead Days

There's a few more that I've read I can't remember the names of (because I was stupid and accidentally uninstalled the app I used for reading them and didn't back them up beforehand lul)
・゚☆✧you were like a glass and I always melted in you

Sep 29, 2018 1:23 AM
Jul 2018
...what are webtoons
should i feel ashamed for not knowing
Sep 29, 2018 1:51 AM

Jan 2018
Webtoons are really some amazing Korean comics i've ever seen, but they are tend to be so longer as usual!

I currently don't read it yet.

(sorry for my poor English)
Sep 29, 2018 5:30 AM

Jan 2015
foxsuprise said:
I'll try to avoid redundancy, so here are my unique entries here:

Surprised nobody mentioned Kiss Wood. One my my favorite artstyles in any webtoon I've read. Though it's quite short, and has a typical "save the environment" message, it ties up in a nice,neat little bow instead of dragging with filler. Regardless, it is a unique world and filled with characters that I'd love to explore.

Another one I've read that's similar to Sweet Home (author of Bastard) was Dead Days, which is quite alright in my book (and I'm a harsh scorer/critique, so an alright can be above average/great for another person). It's a zombie apocalypse story, but the zombies are the old-style of that idea, rather than what video games from early to mid 2010's taught us. Nice art, plot,idea, & characters, meh ending imo.

ezlord said:
What are ur top three?

1)Lookism
2)Revival Man
3)Melvina's Therapy

^the last two have iffy scheduling, so I don't think it's best to read at the moment with hiatuses

Ah shit I forgot to put dead days up on my list, already did that one
Kinda getting desperate at this point cuz I feel like I read all the good ones

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 5:31 AM

Jan 2015
Hatred said:
...what are webtoons
should i feel ashamed for not knowing

You should sacrifice ur first born to me for not knowing
Go to www.webtoons.com
It's colored manga essentially
And start with my list, u won't regret any of the one u read trust me

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 5:31 AM
Aug 2016
Yes, I am reading webtoons, but didn't read one in a while. I really need to resume Sweet Home and Hive.
Sep 29, 2018 5:39 AM

Jan 2015
@kuroko-chan

Sweet home is real good. It's better than bastard Imo if u read bastard that is. I feel like bastard has unecessary hype, it's too flawed for my liking but HIVE blows me away u should read it
I'm a sucker for dystopian themed stories of u haven't figured out

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 5:44 AM
Aug 2016
ezlord said:
@kuroko-chan

Sweet home is real good. It's better than bastard Imo if u read bastard that is. I feel like bastard has unecessary hype, it's too flawed for my liking but HIVE blows me away u should read it
I'm a sucker for dystopian themed stories of u haven't figured out

Yes, I have read Bastard aswell, and I agree, Sweet Hone is far better, but I didn't read the last 4 or even 5 chapters, because I was always busy. I was planning to read it today, but I was too lazy.
I've read Hive to like ... hmmmm, over 100 chapters I think? I don't exactly remember, but then I stopped reading it because something came up and I didn't read anything for around a month or more. I was just too busy to do so, or too lazy.
Sep 29, 2018 5:46 AM

Jan 2015
@kuroko-chan
That's a shame really
Hive is so good, especially cuz the plot is so advanced, it goes from simply end of the world to full of war fare, give it another shot tho I'd understand if it's not for u

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 5:52 AM
Jul 2018
yes! tower of god, lookism and a few other ones.
Sep 29, 2018 5:53 AM
Aug 2016
ezlord said:
@kuroko-chan
That's a shame really
Hive is so good, especially cuz the plot is so advanced, it goes from simply end of the world to full of war fare, give it another shot tho I'd understand if it's not for u

Hahahaha, no, no, no, I didn't mean I'll not continue reading it. I will, but I just need to have enough time and to be in the mood to read it. I was planing to continue reading it anyway, but Idk when. I find it very good too. If I wouldn't like it from the start, why would I even read over 100 chapters anyway?
Sep 29, 2018 6:34 AM
Aug 2018
Fictional skin/cape of spirits
Age matters
True beauty
Sep 29, 2018 10:36 AM

Jan 2013
I used to read Killing Stalking just because everyone was going nuts for ir.

And then stopped because it was literally the most disturbing “BL” I have ever read.

weetI guess, as long as I have life, all I can do is fight with all my might.
Sep 29, 2018 11:04 AM

May 2013
Well I've read quite a few on DA, but I definitely prefer straight-up manga.

Webcomics have their place, but like... don't go comparing them to One Piece just yet, please...
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 29, 2018 11:19 AM

Jun 2015
Just got into it recently, really big fan of Bastard so far.
Sep 29, 2018 12:51 PM

Jan 2015
@Gan_water
At what point was I comparing webtoons to dumb piece ?

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 1:09 PM

May 2013
ezlord said:
Looking for intriguing plots, not pure romance like cheese in the trap or sirens call or whatever it's called.

lol wrong board should be in Anime and Manga Recommendations sec and you could have also asked in our club Webtoons right @ironace

Sep 29, 2018 1:11 PM

Jan 2015
KalfKaneda said:
ezlord said:

lol wrong board should be in Anime and Manga Recommendations sec and you could have also asked in our club Webtoons right @ironace
KalfKaneda said:
ezlord said:

Ya I would but u all are hella dead
And I'd ask u but ud just call me Rachel lover or someshit

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 1:12 PM

Jan 2015
Aemnesias said:
I've read some hentai ones. Good times.

Ever read household affairs
Or cohabitation

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 2:03 PM
Nov 2016
I've started with the webtoon "Bastard" today because of this thread and it's really capturing. :)
Gonna continue reading tomorrow.
Sep 29, 2018 2:41 PM

Jan 2015
@nekoapril
You know there is another one by the same author and holy shit it's better it's called home sweet home
I was honestly frustrated with bastard
It was child abuse not done well

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 5:47 PM

Mar 2017
I do read webtoons, although most of the titles are posted only in my country.

There are a few titles that i read in webtoon that are available on the international webtoon, which are :

Days of Hana : A good story of how werewolves wanted to be one with his master.While it is romance at most part, the theme of discrimation towards the werewolves are intriguing to follow.

Girls of the Wild : Initially, it was not romance-related. It was just a guy forced to join a girl's school and has to learn how to fight, though it slowly went the other way. Went too long and overbearing, but still enjoyable for me.

Orange Marmalade : The title that made me read webtoon. You might not like the romance tag, but the story is good, albeit a little bit too similiar with Days of Hana that i mentioned earlier, though Orange Marmalade is published first. It's just that Days of Hana is the one i am currently reading.

Well, that's it.
It's time to play the Game folks!
Sep 29, 2018 7:59 PM

Jan 2015
Paul_Levesque said:
I do read webtoons, although most of the titles are posted only in my country.

There are a few titles that i read in webtoon that are available on the international webtoon, which are :

Days of Hana : A good story of how werewolves wanted to be one with his master.While it is romance at most part, the theme of discrimation towards the werewolves are intriguing to follow.

Girls of the Wild : Initially, it was not romance-related. It was just a guy forced to join a girl's school and has to learn how to fight, though it slowly went the other way. Went too long and overbearing, but still enjoyable for me.

Orange Marmalade : The title that made me read webtoon. You might not like the romance tag, but the story is good, albeit a little bit too similiar with Days of Hana that i mentioned earlier, though Orange Marmalade is published first. It's just that Days of Hana is the one i am currently reading.

Well, that's it.

Is days of Hana mature? Or is it more moe?
Orange marmalade I tried it is it similar to cheese in the trap? I hope not
Girls of the wild...is it too slow or bearable

ur opinion = shit
Sep 29, 2018 10:08 PM

Jun 2015
Of course friendo,

I tend to read a lot of slice of life and realistic romance. I hate romance webtoons where BAM suddenly two ppl see each other and instantly they're like soulmates for eachother.

In no real order:
Lore Olympus
Lookism
The Steam Dragon Express
I Love Yoo
Let's Play
My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
The Devil Is A Handsome Man
True Beauty
Big Jo
Thirst of Angels
Fisheye Placebo
Lalin's Curse
Lackdaisy

Do I have shit taste (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 29, 2018 10:11 PM

Jan 2015
Cosmos said:
Of course friendo,

I tend to read a lot of slice of life and realistic romance. I hate romance webtoons where BAM suddenly two ppl see each other and instantly they're like soulmates for eachother.

In no real order:
Lore Olympus
Lookism
The Steam Dragon Express
I Love Yoo
Let's Play
My Giant Nerd Boyfriend
The Devil Is A Handsome Man
True Beauty
Big Jo
Thirst of Angels
Fisheye Placebo
Lalin's Curse
Lackdaisy

Do I have shit taste (ᴗ ͜ʖ ᴗ)

Woah thanks pleb, I'll be sure to check them out!!

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 1:01 AM
Nov 2016
ezlord said:
@nekoapril
You know there is another one by the same author and holy shit it's better it's called home sweet home
I was honestly frustrated with bastard
It was child abuse not done well

Thank you for the recommendation :) Since I'm at the beginning of "Bastard" I will look how "Sweet home" is and then I can decide which one I will follow. Thank youuu :)
OverhaulsWaifuSep 30, 2018 2:07 AM
Sep 30, 2018 9:07 AM

Apr 2014
there was one i wanted to check out, search for sita or something like that,its on mal and iirc it is a webtoon, could be wrong tho
Sep 30, 2018 12:23 PM

May 2013
ezlord said:
@Gan_water

I wasn't saying it to you lol... Just in general as comparison.

Since One Piece is the lord of the manga world at this point in human history, just thought I'd put things in perspective.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 30, 2018 12:41 PM

Jan 2015
Gan_water said:
ezlord said:
@Gan_water

I wasn't saying it to you lol... Just in general as comparison.

Since One Piece is the lord of the manga world at this point in human history, just thought I'd put things in perspective.

OHHHHHH ok ok sorry was being slow there

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 1:09 PM

Jun 2011
ezlord said:
@Gan_water
You don't have to call it dumb piece you know, don't have to be condescending. Webtoon are great, but it's still raw like colored wuxia manhua, it's not even close to the best of manga yet, and I absolutely love all 3 mediums.

Anyway my top 3 based on few years ago would be Tower of God, Be Heun, and Twelve Nights. Bumped a score down from Tower of God because it's not as good as it used to be, and Noblesse is completely off the ranking now. Haven't catch up to all the webtoon I've read other than Tower of God and Noblesse in years, last I checked I think Be Heun and Twelve Nights weren't getting updated so.. Some of my other favorites include City of Dead Sorcerer, Dr. Frost, Supernatural Investigation Department, TAL, Annarasumanara, Transfer Student Storm Bringer..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 30, 2018 1:30 PM

Sep 2014
Yep, I enjoy them a lot. I have read these:

Tower of God
God of Highschool
Kubera
Hooky
unOrdinary
GOSU
Age Matters
I Love Yoo
Winter Moon
Catharsis
Rebirth
Oh!Holy
DICE
Bastard
Girls of the Wild's
Sep 30, 2018 2:00 PM

Jan 2015
ToG25thBaam said:
ezlord said:
@Gan_water
You don't have to call it dumb piece you know, don't have to be condescending. Webtoon are great, but it's still raw like colored wuxia manhua, it's not even close to the best of manga yet, and I absolutely love all 3 mediums.

Anyway my top 3 based on few years ago would be Tower of God, Be Heun, and Twelve Nights. Bumped a score down from Tower of God because it's not as good as it used to be, and Noblesse is completely off the ranking now. Haven't catch up to all the webtoon I've read other than Tower of God and Noblesse in years, last I checked I think Be Heun and Twelve Nights weren't getting updated so.. Some of my other favorites include City of Dead Sorcerer, Dr. Frost, Supernatural Investigation Department, TAL, Annarasumanara, Transfer Student Storm Bringer..
ToG25thBaam said:
ezlord said:
@Gan_water

Well I suppose it's subjective, why do u think it's not even as good as the "best manga" what is the "best manga of all time" in ur opinion, I really don't think there can truly be a best because it all is based into the subcategories . You can have a best manga I suppose in each category but you can't generalize for overall manga. And if u did, that would mean ud have to read all of them there is in order to come up with a solid conclusion.

Tbf I think TOG, HIVE and even up and coming Lookism can compete with the "best manga". They are well developed, have gripping stories and even morals. The art is fantastic as well.
SAME MAN SAME noblesse really shot down in ranks for me, at this point I dropped it, it's just the same recycled plot line, when is there ever going to be a conclusion, why is Rai even alive tbh.
Eh, why do u say tog is worse now? I feel like it stayed consistent in its entertainment value, tho I don't rank it as high as maybe lookism. But hear me out, for what it's worth, tog does a good job at telling it's story and being consistent with the plot without too many holes.

Why does everyone say annasamarara is good?

Ya I guess I could be less condescending my b, but I really like dumb piece aka the parody version

Hey so do u reccomend dr.frost or the sorcerer, didn't they complete? Are they worth the read

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 2:32 PM

Nov 2013
I really like some of the adult/ecchi webtoons, they can be pretty good since the artwork is all in color. I’ve only started reading them recently, but my favorites so far are:

Hahri’s Lumpy Boardhouse
Brawling Go
SStudy

if anyone knows any other good ecchi webtoons hmu

Apart from the ecchi genre of webtoons, I haven’t read much serious stuff besides Noblesse and Tower of God, which I think are great. I want to read Bastard sometime soon as well.
Sep 30, 2018 2:35 PM

Jan 2015
Blarey said:
I really like some of the adult/ecchi webtoons, they can be pretty good since the artwork is all in color. I’ve only started reading them recently, but my favorites so far are:

Hahri’s Lumpy Boardhouse
Brawling Go
SStudy

Apart from the ecchi genre of webtoons, I haven’t read much serious stuff besides Noblesse and Tower of God, which I think are great. I want to read Bastard sometime soon as well.

Ya dude
Have u ever even thought of doing household affairs or cohabitation?

ur opinion = shit
Sep 30, 2018 2:38 PM

Nov 2013
ezlord said:
Blarey said:

Hahri’s Lumpy Boardhouse
Brawling Go
SStudy

Ya dude
Have u ever even thought of doing household affairs or cohabitation?

Saw some of the artwork for household affairs and I wasn’t feeling it. I will try cohabitation though.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How are your cooking skills

ST63LTH - Yesterday

17 by Gator »»
23 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything?

Ejrodiew - May 1

18 by Serafos »»
43 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

41 by Spunkert »»
1 hour ago

» Would you consider becoming a vegatarain, maybe Vegan ? ( 1 2 )

SyrupPastryNice - Apr 10

73 by joseifan »»
1 hour ago

» What is the proper way to wipe your ass?

vasipi4946 - Apr 28

12 by DreamWindow »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.