Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2018 4:52 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I felt sorry for poor Michiru, that throw was amazing but Hikaru managed to hit it.
Lol, that ending was totally unexpected, he won't end like Gorou's father, right?
Sep 8, 2018 5:01 AM
Oct 2017
Wow that ending! What a cliffhanger... My poor heart can't take it.
Sep 8, 2018 5:34 AM
Jan 2016
This episode has by far the best directing of this whole series, idk who directed it if it was the chief director Watanabe Ayumu or another episode director. Whatever the case it definitely the most visually interesting episode of the show especially with the sparkling effects and use of colors blues, whites ..... Also featured some of the best animations of the series, where most of the animation is lacking for the remainder episode this episode really picked it up. I had a gut feeling they would not win but damn this was an interesting take also best advice from an adult don't move him to call 911.

They are a real brotherhood and sportsmanship that showcased in this episode, really nice to see this level of quality, sadly its definitely one episode outta .... however solid episode.

BTW this is the director of After the Rain so the sparkly effects makes alot of sense lol.
Sep 8, 2018 5:36 AM

Jul 2017
That was such an amazing episode but that ending had me physically shaking.

Major already had Shigeharu in Season 1 of the original, prayin that Hikaru doesn't share the same fate.
Sep 8, 2018 7:32 AM

Nov 2016
Wow, this episode just pitched up a notch or even two, almost like watching a completely different anime. First time I really had goosebumps while watching and the cliffhanger gave me the chills...

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 8, 2018 7:35 AM

Feb 2008
I guess Daigo was too excited to get ball if they did they would go for extra inning and he didn't even notice that it wasn't need for him to run over there at all.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 8, 2018 7:58 AM

Dec 2016
unfortunately the dolphins are players of the little league and it is seen,it is usually to leave pop fly to the infield players so the last ball (Hikaru did not even call it) it was certainly for Daigo so it was 100% Hikaru's fault.
For the injury I do not think it will be anything serious.
Sep 8, 2018 8:05 AM
Jan 2017
yeeeeees

this
is
major.
Sep 8, 2018 1:20 PM
Jul 2018
Wow that was one heck of strange phenomenon happened at the end since Satou had been doing so well and also hard to admit that Daigo's team will actually lose a match..

EDIT:

@PureAgiMaxReborn

Interesting prediction and you maybe right based on:

- the author's writing on previous seasons and
- there was something strange sparkling effect appeared when Hikaru was about to throw the ball. I really think that had some purpose..

But still its kind of hard to admit at the moment since the writing for this season has been too consistent (which is the strength for this sequel) and lighter without relying over-the-top major drama blowing up yet like original S1 had (on the other hand they helped to developed Goro's manliness by experiencing harsh reality). I think Hikaru's dying is bit too much to accept since there was no hint beforehand (except that sparkling affect) and its going to hit Daigo's mentality too hard since he haven't exp that much drama like Goro experienced on his childhood. AND most importantly this is going to change also Satou's character greatly.. (he has been undergoing too many family problem on his life..)
My prediction is Hikaru's going to experience some sort of disease or loss of ability to play for awhile. Any of our prediction will lead to similar open-ending to this season like previous earlier Major season did (hopefully this time it doesn't!)

Anyway really cannot wait for next episode and see how much our prediction gets right or wrong.
removed-userSep 9, 2018 2:43 PM
Sep 8, 2018 4:15 PM
Sep 2018
I think this might be a bad injury for hikaru and might stop him from pitching again. Since I’m the first major goro was the main pitcher, i think Daigo might switch over to pitching and be hat way for the rest of the series.
Sep 9, 2018 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
Brilliant! What a great episode to wrap up the match

Btw, does anybody know if this is going to be like Major and have 24-25 episodes or be a long-running show?
Sep 9, 2018 4:52 AM

May 2017
Ulquiorra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
I felt sorry for poor Michiru, that throw was amazing but Hikaru managed to hit it.
Lol, that ending was totally unexpected, he won't end like Gorou's father, right?

@lorde_esme
@Nerd_Zone1
@animejas
@FMmatron
@Blackbird
@Esteban19
@Lirony
@SkyDrop
@Hogerman
@FireFistYK

I'm calling it, Hikaru will die

Note: only Hikaru and Gorou's father are both monster in both pitching and batting in the entire series, we never saw a character who is both as equally great in both category while at the same time being a monster in pitching and batting

He has to die tbh, he's too OP and that ruins the consistency and depth of the writing (which the first Major never had) but him dying will save this sequel's future if they will make it to be as long as the first Major
Sep 9, 2018 5:43 AM
Jan 2016
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Ulquiorra said:

@lorde_esme
@Nerd_Zone1
@animejas
@FMmatron
@Blackbird
@Esteban19
@Lirony
@SkyDrop
@Hogerman
@FireFistYK

Note: only Hikaru and Gorou's father are both monster in both pitching and batting in the entire series, we never saw a character who is both as equally great in both category while at the same time being a monster in pitching and batting

He has to die tbh, he's too OP and that ruins the consistency and depth of the writing (which the first Major never had) but him dying will save this sequel's future if they will make it to be as long as the first Major

I don't think, i know slight spoilers idk about Sato fate however i know about Sakura and Daigo if u want me to spoil i can not really too big of a spoiler though
Sep 9, 2018 9:22 AM

Dec 2016
PureAgiMaxReborn said:
Ulquiorra said:

@lorde_esme
@Nerd_Zone1
@animejas
@FMmatron
@Blackbird
@Esteban19
@Lirony
@SkyDrop
@Hogerman
@FireFistYK

I do not know, already the death of Honda I found it not very realistic because the helmets of the professional teams even 20 years ago were done very well, that Hikaru dies will not change my life because I do not like as much as a character.
Sep 9, 2018 11:50 AM
Dec 2015
ahh we are finally here. the next episodes are gonna be heartbreaking, prepare your tissues guys.
Sep 9, 2018 9:41 PM

Apr 2013
I was surprised and got a little goosebump
Sep 11, 2018 7:39 AM

Apr 2014
for a second there i was worried they was gonna make it anime original ending but thank god they are keeping it to the manga

cant wait for the next few eps
"one step at a time"
Sep 12, 2018 7:38 PM

Jan 2014
Loyalty06 said:
ahh we are finally here. the next episodes are gonna be heartbreaking, prepare your tissues guys.

Please tell me if he dies. I don't think I can handle it.
Sep 12, 2018 8:02 PM

Dec 2009
If Hikaru really dies here I don't know how I'm going to deal with it to be honest. Unlike the first Major where Goro's father died after the first 7 episodes here we've had Hikaru around over 23 episodes and had firmly established him as one of the main characters and the driving force behind the plot for the most part (He got Daigo back into Baseball in the first place). He's pretty much my favorite character too so I'm devastated.
Feb 25, 2019 3:00 PM

Jan 2013
I kinda figured they would lose but damn that ending with Satou on the ground was brutal ಠ_ಠ
Final 2 episodes are going to be rough I'm guessing.
Jun 18, 2019 7:24 AM

Oct 2009
This was obvious they would lose but still, choosing of all possible reasons the one like that was pretty farfetched in my opinion
I feel sorry for Urabe
I can already see how the last two episodes are gonna turn out, and it seems like it's gonna be pretty cringeworthy
Aug 20, 2019 9:26 PM

Nov 2011
Superb episode. The directing really helped with getting into the emotions of each change in circumstances.

I’ll be a bit miffed if they actually killed Hikaru here. I’m predicting that he might be out of baseball for awhile though. Sad way for them to have to lose, although I was predicting that they would either lose to Touto Boys or have a flashby loss against whoever they were facing in the semifinals.
Jul 30, 2020 5:24 AM

Jan 2019
Just a FYI since many viewers probably don’t know the rules of baseball Hikaru should not have been able to pitch again. Once pitch in a game you cannot come back in that same game and pitch again. I don’t really know how the writers of this story forgot one of the most basic rules of baseball but thats accident should of never happened
Sep 24, 2020 4:36 PM

Dec 2007
the episode were good but... that end, damn, it made me raise the score for this to 9.

that call for battle from michiru is basically rerun from the 1st season of the original series xD

except for that ending, they sure fought well. wonder what next...
Oct 23, 2021 11:13 AM

Jul 2015
Despite Touto boys being the obvious side to win, still a great match with both sides having done their best. That end with Daigo colliding with Hikaru surprised me, I wonder what he injured as he lies there on the ground.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 25 Discussion

ropiel - Sep 22, 2018

28 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 7:36 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd Episode 24 Discussion

shuffleair - Sep 15, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 6:39 PM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 5 Discussion

el_morris - May 5, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:37 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 4 Discussion

animejas - Apr 28, 2018

22 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 4, 2023 12:06 AM

Poll: » Major 2nd (TV) Episode 3 Discussion

animejas - Apr 21, 2018

26 by LeenPhoenixRae »»
Jun 3, 2023 11:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.