Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2018 1:32 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Using disguises as part of the plan huh? It's a bit of cliche for a strategy but also clever too. Not bad, kids.
Sep 7, 2018 8:12 AM

Apr 2016
That's a lot of time skips. Been pretty common recently.

"Le vent se lève!... Il faut tenter de vivre!"
- Paul Valéry, Le Cimetière Marin -

Sep 7, 2018 3:27 PM

Nov 2013
Things seem to be moving WAAAAY too fast.
Sep 7, 2018 7:57 PM

Dec 2013
I wasn’t expecting such a large time skip so suddenly. Feels like things are moving a lot faster.
Sep 7, 2018 8:47 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
It's pretty common for a series to have a two year time skip. TPN is being unique by having a 1 year 8 month time skip instead, lol. I wonder how long this final arc will turn out. I expect the series to end with 16 or 17 volumes.
Sep 8, 2018 5:51 AM

Mar 2015
that's too many information at once... gonna reread to fully proceed...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Sep 8, 2018 9:16 PM

Feb 2016
Well that was fast paced okay. I wonder what's going to happen next.
"We could make the world better, but it's easier to just shut our eyes."
~Blackwall
Sep 9, 2018 9:38 PM

Mar 2014
I was surprised at all the time skips we've had recently, but I'm still enjoying this immensely. I'm glad it's going to be the final arc because I would hate to see an amazing story being dragged out unnecessarily, but I'm really going to miss the manga once it's over.
Sep 9, 2018 11:27 PM
Aug 2018
After I read the first arc i thought that this manga is gonna be one of my fav, but it dropped in quality heavily after that. this is like AoT kind of disappointment, where it starts good, and then drops. Probably because this manga wasn’t supposed to be this long. I don’t get how people still praise this manga after the first arc, it’s their opinion, but it’s so messy after that.
Sep 10, 2018 8:20 AM

Nov 2016
I was waiting for this lol, but this also means that we're getting close to end.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Sep 10, 2018 11:36 AM

Nov 2014
Who tf is Anna? How did she get 5th in the popularity poll?
Sep 10, 2018 12:19 PM

Aug 2016
Quite the skip there, don't really mind it though, seems to work, would be kinda boring to watch them not make any progress for almost 2 years.
Sep 10, 2018 7:58 PM

Apr 2018
Phil is God, he's hiding in the number 4 spot to keep us from catching on. Stay woke...
Do you remember… the flower we saw that day?
Sep 13, 2018 4:23 PM

Sep 2015
Lorenzo said:

I was surprised also by that!
Sep 13, 2018 4:26 PM

Sep 2015
Really_Doe said:
After I read the first arc i thought that this manga is gonna be one of my fav, but it dropped in quality heavily after that. this is like AoT kind of disappointment, where it starts good, and then drops. Probably because this manga wasn’t supposed to be this long. I don’t get how people still praise this manga after the first arc, it’s their opinion, but it’s so messy after that.

I agree that it has dropped in quality after the first arc but it still a very very good manga! It is your opinion, but you're being too harah XD
Sep 15, 2018 2:24 PM

Feb 2017
So we got a timeskip. I wish we got to see how they infaltrated a demon city, think that would make an interesting arc.

Lorenzo said:

Had the same reaction lol. Had to look her up on the wiki.
TsarkoSep 15, 2018 2:33 PM
Sep 25, 2018 12:48 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Popularity poll is so skewed like Conny made it above Don????

Nice timeskip, we kinda needed it. And all the aged up designs look stellar.

Really_Doe said:

I don't know, I just started and caught up over the past two days and found it massively enjoyable. I mean it changes from a jailbreak story to an apocalyptic break the world story. So if you waited weeks upon weeks for the updates to change the tides you'll probably not find enjoyability in it.

Heck it confirms it to me when most the people on this thread didn't know who a lot of the people in the popularity poll were.
Dec 23, 2018 7:42 PM
Aug 2018
AhmedJafar1 said:
Really_Doe said:

I agree that it has dropped in quality after the first arc but it still a very very good manga! It is your opinion, but you're being too harah XD

What do you mean by dropped in quality? Just because there aren't any serious, tension building mind games doesn't mean the quality has dropped. In my opinion, I think the first arc was too good. Now that the story has changed and it progressing people complain because it isn't the same. What did people expect? Did they expect the children to not escape and for the story to not progress. The way the author is developing the story suggest that the manga was supposed to be long. There is no way the ending could be satisfying if it was really short. Aren't good stories supposed to evolve. I just don't understand the criticism.
Also, this stuff is way better than AOT.
Dec 25, 2018 8:40 PM

Apr 2018
Rushing the shit out of everything and the art got worse

Lol anna
Jan 24, 2019 9:43 AM

May 2016
Glad that we got a time skip I was waiting for ever but still why it felt so rushed?
May 8, 2019 8:29 PM

May 2016
I've never thought that they'd skip to a whole year and a half this far into the manga but I suppose that it's reasonable since each expedition keeps getting longer and longer as their objectives get more and more complicated. It's impressive that with a lot of references, they have made perfect disguises that made them able to infiltrate the Demon cities right under their noses.

Dec 8, 2019 12:30 PM

Jun 2017
Awww they all look so much older! I hope we get an update on Norman soon. And also they need to tell us all the kid's names again because I only know a few and forgot the rest.
Apr 22, 2020 12:54 AM

Feb 2020
A year of timeskip ?! That's a lot, I didn't expect that... Plus, was it really necessary ? I mean, looking for the lake and the temple is a difficult thing, but after all they've been through, I have a hard time believing that it took them so long to find them... Not to mention how they consequently didn't do much except for reading books and going on useless expeditions. I have a feeling this timeskip is there more for things with Phil and cie to change than the opposite. A way to complicate things a bit more even though judging by how things have been until now, everything will be solved and everyone will be fine after telling us for 30 chapters that it is nearly impossible.
Aug 27, 2023 8:13 PM
Jul 2017
ahhh yesss the obligatory time skip

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 16 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 20, 2016

19 by Jonas1402 »»
Apr 8, 12:49 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 45 Discussion

zal - Jun 29, 2017

27 by luv_for_anime »»
Mar 23, 5:21 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 20 Discussion

ichii_1 - Dec 26, 2016

19 by instantzoso »»
Mar 18, 12:09 PM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 26 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 12, 2017

23 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 6, 10:26 AM

Poll: » Yakusoku no Neverland Chapter 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Jan 22, 2017

40 by Plume_Neolympe »»
Mar 5, 3:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.