Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Sep 5, 2018 7:53 PM
May 2018
God, im excited to see whats gonna happen in the last several episodes
Sep 6, 2018 2:19 AM

Aug 2017
Ah, good, Reyes was killed by Kagari. Well it was obvious that Alexis was the bad from the start. These soldiers sucks lol. Kagari is so..... tough. She is dead. I don't feel so much due that I never liked her so much...

Mayuri is still alive...good!

The last scene with her was amazing. I think that she and Suzuha are still alive.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 8, 2018 5:26 AM

Dec 2014
this fucking show I swear to god. these last two eps have just fucked me up.
Sep 8, 2018 5:41 AM

Nov 2015
I wish Leskinen didn't go full ham with his villainy there.
Mr Braun from the original series played a similar role, but felt way more organic and believable.
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Sep 12, 2018 3:23 PM

Sep 2014
Wow... was loving this series so much until this episode. Character development(especially Mayuri) was going in a great direction and the emotional content was communicated well imo but this episode... its just so unbelievably bad. The tone shift, plot armor, villain reveal/exposition, all seemed so out of place among some well executed character development/plot movement(Mayuri's decision to finally do something) Damn. Couldn't care less about the low-quality animation if it wasn't among some of the shoddiest writing I've seen.

So is this where i switch over to the VN? Didn't play S;G VN so would I be totally in S;G0 VN?
Sep 13, 2018 10:39 AM

Dec 2014
well that went in a lot of down right tragic direction…love this series nonetheless
Sep 15, 2018 4:09 PM

May 2014
Jesus christ, reading the VN i thought Kagari beating all these soldiers on her own was bad but the anime made it look 10 times worse. Killing someone in a split second by cutting his head off with her hands? dodging all those bullets, proceed to jump while they are shooting and break another soldiers neck.

What the hell LMAO.
Sep 16, 2018 8:09 PM
Nov 2016
Dannny said:
Jesus christ, reading the VN i thought Kagari beating all these soldiers on her own was bad but the anime made it look 10 times worse. Killing someone in a split second by cutting his head off with her hands? dodging all those bullets, proceed to jump while they are shooting and break another soldiers neck.

What the hell LMAO.

Yeah, episode 18 was retarded, everything went horribly wrong with that episode, including the anti-climatic ass-pull reveal from Leskinen as the bad guy which we already knew. Luckily the next couple of episodes are decent but that won't be enough to save this anime.
xZabuzaxSep 16, 2018 8:30 PM
Sep 24, 2018 6:09 AM

Sep 2008
This episode and the second half of the previous episode are just so awful. All these trained soldiers can't hit a damn thing. Suzuha and Kagari have some insane plot armor. Characters are constantly getting grazed by bullets. Leskinen's reveal made him seem like such a generic villain. I really expected better considering how well this season has been going up till this point. I hope they manage to salvage this show in the next bunch of episodes and make me forget about this cringe.
Sep 25, 2018 1:44 PM

Jun 2017
Steins;Gate is just getting so bad it's good
Sep 27, 2018 4:30 PM

Feb 2018
jesus just switch timelines already lol rip kirisu and maruyii and kagurii and suzuha
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 7, 2018 3:22 PM

May 2012
Damn so many emotions and twists in this episode, especially that ending! Damn that was quite something. I would probably already lost it by then, but for Okabe still keeping a part of himself true, he really must be strong!

Really interesting development and episode, and most of my suspicious where point on, I do wonder what happens next.
Oct 16, 2018 8:10 PM

Feb 2014
wtf.... what they have made to steins gate... this was so bad...

I don't even feel like keep watching this anymore

Better drop this with a 4/10 and bye.
Nov 10, 2018 2:30 PM

Oct 2017
Saffron_entity said:
Wait what? Did Mayuri and Suzuha successfully go back in time? I hope so, that speech Mayuri gave at the end was (mostly) great. It would be really nice to have Mayuri do something and change the future instead of having Okabe do everything.

I mean the emotional content is great, but the plot just feels nonsensical and confusing. Did Hashida really stop Suzuha from killing Leskinen over a generic moral reason right after she shot (and potentially killed) the soldiers behind him? How did that actually work on her??? Did Okabe and Mayuri really just have a conversation in the middle of a fucking battlefield?

I get these situations are supposed to be emotional, but the situation just makes it so ridiculous. I wanted to be impressed by Leskinen but did he have to do the "a-ha! I have you cornered now! Now let me describe my evil plan to you while you find an opportunity to escape" cliche? He literally went from pretty-cool-guy to generic-evil-mad-scientist way too abruptly, and for hardly a good reason.

I'm just going to quote this user because this is exactly how I felt when I watched this episode,
But not only that, what the hell is with one girl taking down 20-30 odd men with machine guns who are suppose to be professionals trained to kill???

Yeah f--king right man, I accepted the dad beating the shit out of the 4 punks with guns to save his daughter because hey he was being the dad! But there was no excuse doing this again with this fight scene,

And like saffron said, the fact they really put such emphasis on we don't have time this is a battle field with bombs and explosions and bullets flying everywhere yet she stands at the doorway to the time machine talking bullshit before leaving and then the time machine explodes supposedly because hey thats dramatic!

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,
had they slashed the bad guys in half from 30 to like 8-10, took away most of their machine guns, gave someone else a gun like okabe or hashida or something, that could of been believable but its just so unrealistic I hate it so much,... Like even b rated movies do stupid action scenes but this takes the cake for dumbest way to handle a fight...

and they could of actually let suzuha go ape shit and kill that dude seeings their already going to another timeline anyways, and again, like saffron said, she literally just killed 2 people and like I said she LITERALLY KILLED 30 PEOPLE BEFORE THAT!

Shitty writing, last two episodes before this gave me hope it was going to be epic the writing went from bad to better to actually pretty great those two episodes, and ferris stopped with the weird cat shit for once, even okabe was finally getting angry and showing emotion and then they trash it with a bullshit reveal of the badguy and a even more mundane bullshit fight scene.

Hopefully the ending makes up for it, and god I'm pissed they don't show the numbers for the correct timelines anymore and they just use the same number changing animation again and again.... .... ...

Oh well its just a show, I'll somewhat accept it because thats life, but it still does make you wish for better writing and for more thought to have gone into this because anyone should of noticed some of the choices were outright stupidly made.
Nov 10, 2018 3:05 PM
Nov 2016
GodOfWolves said:
Saffron_entity said:
Wait what? Did Mayuri and Suzuha successfully go back in time? I hope so, that speech Mayuri gave at the end was (mostly) great. It would be really nice to have Mayuri do something and change the future instead of having Okabe do everything.

I mean the emotional content is great, but the plot just feels nonsensical and confusing. Did Hashida really stop Suzuha from killing Leskinen over a generic moral reason right after she shot (and potentially killed) the soldiers behind him? How did that actually work on her??? Did Okabe and Mayuri really just have a conversation in the middle of a fucking battlefield?

I get these situations are supposed to be emotional, but the situation just makes it so ridiculous. I wanted to be impressed by Leskinen but did he have to do the "a-ha! I have you cornered now! Now let me describe my evil plan to you while you find an opportunity to escape" cliche? He literally went from pretty-cool-guy to generic-evil-mad-scientist way too abruptly, and for hardly a good reason.

I'm just going to quote this user because this is exactly how I felt when I watched this episode,
But not only that, what the hell is with one girl taking down 20-30 odd men with machine guns who are suppose to be professionals trained to kill???

Yeah f--king right man, I accepted the dad beating the shit out of the 4 punks with guns to save his daughter because hey he was being the dad! But there was no excuse doing this again with this fight scene,

And like saffron said, the fact they really put such emphasis on we don't have time this is a battle field with bombs and explosions and bullets flying everywhere yet she stands at the doorway to the time machine talking bullshit before leaving and then the time machine explodes supposedly because hey thats dramatic!

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,
had they slashed the bad guys in half from 30 to like 8-10, took away most of their machine guns, gave someone else a gun like okabe or hashida or something, that could of been believable but its just so unrealistic I hate it so much,... Like even b rated movies do stupid action scenes but this takes the cake for dumbest way to handle a fight...

and they could of actually let suzuha go ape shit and kill that dude seeings their already going to another timeline anyways, and again, like saffron said, she literally just killed 2 people and like I said she LITERALLY KILLED 30 PEOPLE BEFORE THAT!

Shitty writing, last two episodes before this gave me hope it was going to be epic the writing went from bad to better to actually pretty great those two episodes, and ferris stopped with the weird cat shit for once, even okabe was finally getting angry and showing emotion and then they trash it with a bullshit reveal of the badguy and a even more mundane bullshit fight scene.

Hopefully the ending makes up for it, and god I'm pissed they don't show the numbers for the correct timelines anymore and they just use the same number changing animation again and again.... .... ...

Oh well its just a show, I'll somewhat accept it because thats life, but it still does make you wish for better writing and for more thought to have gone into this because anyone should of noticed some of the choices were outright stupidly made.

Yeah episode 18 was fucking stupid, I hated it but I assure you that the next couple of episodes will make up for the shitty episode 18.

Steins;Gate 0 could have been much better than this if the authors actually put effort into it but apparently they want to please the kids with the shounen shit that happened with Kagari going rambo in episode 18 and don't get me started with Kagari slashing heads off barehanded.
Nov 10, 2018 7:24 PM

Oct 2017
xZabuzax said:
GodOfWolves said:

WOULD OF BEEN A 10,

Yeah episode 18 was fucking stupid, I hated it but I assure you that the next couple of episodes will make up for the shitty episode 18.

Steins;Gate 0 could have been much better than this if the authors actually put effort into it but apparently they want to please the kids with the shounen shit that happened with Kagari going rambo in episode 18 and don't get me started with Kagari slashing heads off barehanded.

Yeah it did get better honestly, the ending left me unfulfilled but to be honest the show was worth watching, I don't regret it.

You nailed it though, on the shonen thing, I was upset with a lot of fights, but they did do well with the time traveling and some of the people who got shot in the later episodes. Okabe got grazed by so many bullets and suzuha as well, I wished one would of landed in the leg or arm for more effect though ya know lol.
And lmao I actually lied to myself like there is no way she did that, without a MF weapon, I'm like yeah nah, she had a knife it was hidden they just didn't show it. But nah it was real and it was the lamest thingggg ever dude! lmfao I'm so happy someone else sees the shysty writing//directing.

Lastly, yeah more effort into the writing, I felt the fluff from the first 15 episodes could of been cut to 8-10 episodes and the 16-17 could of been like 11-12 and the final 6-7 episodes here should of been the second half of steins gate with okabe starting to give a crap, because everything before this there wasn't really any development unless you call giving all the females big knockers after 6 months to a year in the future cause that makes sense to. Lol defiantly agree with you they aimed this one more towards kids this time.

But yeah all the real development happened right around here and towards the end. And it felt rushed, I think they could of turned these final episodes into a solid 12 and gave up more info on the other characters like kaguri and the villen and it wouldn't of felt as meh or rushed. and the beginning wouldn't of felt so long and drawn out.
Nov 10, 2018 7:49 PM
Nov 2016
GodOfWolves said:
Yeah it did get better honestly, the ending left me unfulfilled but to be honest the show was worth watching, I don't regret it.

You nailed it though, on the shonen thing, I was upset with a lot of fights, but they did do well with the time traveling and some of the people who got shot in the later episodes. Okabe got grazed by so many bullets and suzuha as well, I wished one would of landed in the leg or arm for more effect though ya know lol.
And lmao I actually lied to myself like there is no way she did that, without a MF weapon, I'm like yeah nah, she had a knife it was hidden they just didn't show it. But nah it was real and it was the lamest thingggg ever dude! lmfao I'm so happy someone else sees the shysty writing//directing.

Lastly, yeah more effort into the writing, I felt the fluff from the first 15 episodes could of been cut to 8-10 episodes and the 16-17 could of been like 11-12 and the final 6-7 episodes here should of been the second half of steins gate with okabe starting to give a crap, because everything before this there wasn't really any development unless you call giving all the females big knockers after 6 months to a year in the future cause that makes sense to. Lol defiantly agree with you they aimed this one more towards kids this time.

But yeah all the real development happened right around here and towards the end. And it felt rushed, I think they could of turned these final episodes into a solid 12 and gave up more info on the other characters like kaguri and the villen and it wouldn't of felt as meh or rushed. and the beginning wouldn't of felt so long and drawn out.

Welcome to the club, I'm glad to see people realizing the cringy story writing and directing this anime had. I consider the OG Steins;Gate a masterpiece (my best anime) but this one was meh with a story that dragged forever, and the action scenes made it even worse to enjoy and episode 18 is the pinnacle of the lamest thing the Steins;Gate franchise offered so far. I seriously didn't expected to see that type of shit in Steins;Gate. The writer that came up with that shit needs to be fired, how can they fuck this up like that. I usually don't get mad watching animes but seeing what they did to my favorite franchise is making my blood boil.

I find the OG Steins;Gate to be aimed toward a mature audience (my type of thing), in Steins;Gate 0 it was aimed toward kids.
xZabuzaxNov 10, 2018 8:24 PM
Dec 16, 2018 7:49 PM

Nov 2016
What! she cut their faces with her bare hands?! The villain most usual failure is always waiting too long or derailing in conversation. Leskinen couldn't had possibly die from that fall. Poor Kagari... A war orphan first then a happy girl then a brainwashed soldier... Still I am glad that they did a proper ending for her unlike the VN and the next didn't happen in the VN at all. How did she knew his past self phone number? Anyways this give a lot of insight to Leskinen and Kagari that it wasn't in the VN and good music to accompany the moment. Those three episodes have been my favorites so far. "You are really a mad scientist." Oh yeah he sure is "If you kill the guy you are the same as him." And what about the rest of the army that died? He doesn't deserve that as much as the rest of the people that was receiving orders? You could say the method was not correct but not that. A fitting end for the professor. "I... love Huouoin Kyoma. But, guess what? I love Okabo Rinato even more." Still trying to find why is the other way around now.
ArakitoDec 16, 2018 8:28 PM
Dec 26, 2018 2:31 PM

Mar 2016
Now she's mad! Kagari is inhumane! She must've been trained for the past decade to be this skilled just as Suzuha is an experienced fighter.
Why are some soldiers standing still during the firefight? Animation budget cuts???

Of fucking course... It was the American Professor Alexis who was behind Kagari's brainwashing. A member of Startfor, Shadow CIA. This is all a joint effort of present Alexis and Future Alexis. The sole purpose of Kagari is literally to make sure that Alexis goals can be reached. And the sole purpose of the creation of Amadeus is so that he can preserve Kurisu's genius mind in which contains Kurisu's theory on time machines. AND WHAT'S ALEXIS' GOAL? MEH... JUST TO EXPERIMENT ON HIS THEORY AND PROVE THAT THEY'RE CORRECT! MEH... SO THAT I'M IN CONTROL! SMH... He deserved PAIN!!! It was satisfying seeing Suzuha beating up Alexis, but she was stopped. It'll be so good if she beat this bastard up until his face is all bloodied, not necessarily killing him...

And then as Alexis said, the true face to face conflict started! Fucking helicopters with troops and attack helicopters fight it off. America, Russia all wanting that sweet time machine knowledge and wanting to stop their enemy from having the knowledge. This ended up in the time machine being blown to bits with Suzuha and Mayuri inside.

I thought the message Okabe received from Mayuri was a D-mail from the future. But nope... I'm mad!
Mar 23, 2019 11:36 AM

Jan 2013
Silly how all these soldiers can't even do a single thing going up against a single girl.
Leskinen turns out to be the doctor that brainwashed Kagari in the future and took advantage of her after she travelled back in time with Suzuha.
Shame Daru stopped Suzuha from beating Leskinen to death.
There's no way Mayuri and Suzuha blew up right D: - Even if it was, he's not going to stay in this worldline, he'll make sure to go back somehow (though that would again be a different worldline)
That last message from Mayuri was sad as hell :(
Jul 3, 2019 5:21 PM

Apr 2013
The action is killing this anime.
Jul 5, 2019 7:57 AM

Dec 2018
So Kagari somehow become a superhuman just because she's brainwashed.

Poor Leskinen he got a bunch of dumb soldiers.

Lol Okabe had dethroned himself from the title of the Mad Scientist and give it to Leskinen.
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Jul 16, 2019 12:57 AM
Oct 2017
Terrible combat scene, so bad it was funny. Anyway... why is this fool blaming himself instead of the two turds standing behind him is beyond me. Blame is never properly placed in this franchise.
Jul 16, 2019 6:10 AM

May 2016
BiggKab said:
Terrible combat scene, so bad it was funny. Anyway... why is this fool blaming himself instead of the two turds standing behind him is beyond me. Blame is never properly placed in this franchise.

Why should he blame Maho and Daru?
-
Aug 13, 2019 6:51 AM

Mar 2015
This was a crazy episode! But yeah the action always feels off for some reason
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Sep 13, 2019 5:16 AM

Jul 2015
I knew Leskinen was weird but I didn't expected him to be the evil boss, I expected that female doctor to be the evil boss with Leskinen being her right hand, to think Kagari was just a puppet and the only happiness she ever had was with being with Mayuri.....

This turned out to be the worst timeline for Okarin....

Sep 15, 2019 7:06 AM
Dec 2017
wow.. This anime changed my life...
Oct 31, 2019 3:12 AM

Jun 2012
Goddamn fansubs. Whats this all according to keikaku bullshit. wtf is a hikoboshi and if its a name/folklore then put a translators note saying so.
Oct 31, 2019 7:17 AM

May 2016
Sol_Ou said:
Goddamn fansubs. Whats this all according to keikaku bullshit. wtf is a hikoboshi and if its a name/folklore then put a translators note saying so.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanabata
-
Oct 31, 2019 6:32 PM

Jun 2012
SheevPalpatine said:
Sol_Ou said:

Thanks. Just skimmed the first paragraph and it already mentions July 7th vega and altair. Wouldve been nice to know that early with say a translators note.
Nov 1, 2019 12:31 AM

May 2016
Sol_Ou said:
SheevPalpatine said:

Thanks. Just skimmed the first paragraph and it already mentions July 7th vega and altair. Wouldve been nice to know that early with say a translators note.

The official eng subs are sh*t. There are also mistranslations and misspellings in them
-
Mar 9, 2020 9:16 AM

Aug 2017
Wow. Just wow. This was the absolute worst episode of both seasons, and maybe of any anime, that I've ever seen. How can anyone praise this is just beyond me. Horrible, unbelievable deus ex machina action with superpowers (talk about chopping heads off with bare hands) and bad choreograhy, Leskinen explaining his plans instead of just proceeding, protagonists conveniently getting enough time to stop him and talk during insane action on the rooftop with soldiers and helicopers...yeah...so realistic... Sigh. I can talk about every scene that's bad and illogical here (like that convenient appearance of 2 soldiers with Maho and Daru, or Suzuha not picking any gun and rushing to Leskinen with a knife), but that's pointless. The show was flawed, but ok until episode 16, however 17&18 absolutely destroyed it. It's needless to say I couldn't feel any emotions whatsoever from supposedly important scenes and deaths, I was just smiling and covering up my face because of all this nonsense. Disappointing and sad. Nothing feels like Steins;Gate at all. If this was supposed to be dramatic, it failed dramatically (pun intended).

Also, Leskinen being an antagonist was not really unexpected (for me).
St0rmbladeMar 9, 2020 9:20 AM
Mar 9, 2020 4:49 PM
Feb 2019
St0rmblade said:
Wow. Just wow. This was the absolute worst episode of both seasons, and maybe of any anime, that I've ever seen. How can anyone praise this is just beyond me. Horrible, unbelievable deus ex machina action with superpowers (talk about chopping heads off with bare hands) and bad choreograhy, Leskinen explaining his plans instead of just proceeding, protagonists conveniently getting enough time to stop him and talk during insane action on the rooftop with soldiers and helicopers...yeah...so realistic... Sigh. I can talk about every scene that's bad and illogical here (like that convenient appearance of 2 soldiers with Maho and Daru, or Suzuha not picking any gun and rushing to Leskinen with a knife), but that's pointless. The show was flawed, but ok until episode 16, however 17&18 absolutely destroyed it. It's needless to say I couldn't feel any emotions whatsoever from supposedly important scenes and deaths, I was just smiling and covering up my face because of all this nonsense. Disappointing and sad. Nothing feels like Steins;Gate at all. If this was supposed to be dramatic, it failed dramatically (pun intended).

Also, Leskinen being an antagonist was not really unexpected (for me).

Yep, this was the episode I was talking about, that's why I told you about it so you can be mentally prepared for it, I also cringe when I see people praising this shit of an episode, their standards must be really (and I mean REALLY) low.

The next couple of episodes are somewhat decent but that's not enough to save the anime IMHO, to me this anime went down the drain with this episode, this crap is nothing compared to Steins;Gate.
Mar 9, 2020 5:26 PM

Aug 2017
Resus-2 said:

Yep, this was the episode I was talking about, that's why I told you about it so you can be mentally prepared for it, I also cringe when I see people praising this shit of an episode, their standards must be really (and I mean REALLY) low.

The next couple of episodes are somewhat decent but that's not enough to save the anime IMHO, to me this anime went down the drain with this episode, this crap is nothing compared to Steins;Gate.

I also think that it was the lowest point and the later episodes didn't fall that low. As for this one, I suspect that it was due to some production issues, I refuse to believe there wasn't a decent reason for such a bad episode. I've looked it up at ANN and it turned out this episode was directed by somebody with almost no experience in direction whatsoever. Also S;G0 has 13 producers, while the original has 6. I suspect it didn't work for the best, and the production was all over the place. It doesn't excuse anything that happened here but at least I came up with something resembling a plausible explanation.
Mar 9, 2020 5:49 PM
Feb 2019
St0rmblade said:
I also think that it was the lowest point and the later episodes didn't fall that low. As for this one, I suspect that it was due to some production issues, I refuse to believe there wasn't a decent reason for such a bad episode. I've looked it up at ANN and it turned out this episode was directed by somebody with almost no experience in direction whatsoever. Also S;G0 has 13 producers, while the original has 6. I suspect it didn't work for the best, and the production was all over the place. It doesn't excuse anything that happened here but at least I came up with something resembling a plausible explanation.

Yeah this probably had production issues and probably a low budget as well but goddamn, I never expected to see something like episode 18 in this franchise, as a Steins;Gate fan like myself that was literally a spit and a slap in my face, the director that handled this episode is indeed a complete amateur, a critically acclaimed franchise like this one needed to have the best of the best working on it with a good budget but apparently it was the opposite of it.

The VN was indeed somewhat better but it still had issues that the anime needed to fix. My biggest beef with this anime and the VN is that it needed to focus more on the mechanic to "cheat" convergence because the answer that Okabe found to send the video mail to his past self was kind of lackluster and in the anime this appeared to come out of nowhere so the way I see it, the anime spent that precious time (that should have been used to "cheat" convergence) in the slice of life moments which dragged forever to get to the point.

Also, my other beef in this anime is that Amadeus was barely a thing here, Amadeus was more of a "filler" character that was used to talk with Okabe some random things and nothing else, she disappeared for half of the show only to come back in the last couple of episodes to become a bit more important, Amadeus had a bigger role in the VN.

I would have loved to see Amadeus (being an A.I and all) develop some emotions, regretting that she's dead and wishing to be alive, etc..., man those moments would have given this anime or the VN more value, I didn't liked how Amadeus or the A.I story was handled in both the VN and the anime but in the anime it was much MUCH worse.
Resus-2Mar 9, 2020 7:52 PM
Apr 22, 2020 6:31 PM

Dec 2019
Took them 18 long ass episodes to make something interesting.
                                                         🖤   

Jun 11, 2020 4:03 PM
Aug 2015
This episode cause me too many mix emotions (in the good spectrum but specially in the bad)

I dont think there is anything more need to say about the fight of Kagari, is just bad. But i technically felt bad with her death because Mayuri and Suzuha felt bad, but not because she was dying

The "plot twist" that Leskinen was the bad guy all along is no twist at all, it was know from the beggining, maybe because his character was so exaggerated, I never found him charming, and it led me to always distrust him? Perhaps
I did enjoy during his monologue the way that show how fuck up he is, specially during the part that he fades between his future self and present self (that actually make him feel like a menacing individual) but at the same time that all that
was because he is just evil, i mean sorry, "a scientist", is dumb, really dumb
I don't know, I think this chapter was supposed to be similar to the one from the previous season where we discovered the truth about Mr. Braun and his death. But in that case, based on what I remember, if it felt like a shock, at the same time that you suffered to see how it all ended (even now rewinding only that scene alone as I write this comment, I still feel the same guilt and sadness that when I saw it the first time)

And the way they use Daru this episode also cause me those feelings. I was displease when he throws that out of nowhere line to Suzuha (when he could simple say something like "If you kill him we dont know how that will the timeline, is too risky")
But at the same time, i identified with him when he got angry with Okabe for been such an hypocrit after the actitud he was having all the past year

I know that Okabe has more shit in his back that we can all imagine, but i think thats summarize really to real problem of the show
I felt his pain and felt bad for him in the first half of the show, but know i am practically hating him

Perhaps the lack of "Kyouma" this season, such as Amadeus's early elimination until recent key moments, left the show without a protagonist that one can support? His discussions with Amadeus enchanted me and I personally thought that eventually the program would end up focusing more on how Amadeus becomes more his own person rather than an application, and the conflict was going to be between having to choose between Amadeus and Kurisu (obviously throwing something related to the search for knowledge about the time machine hidden in Amadeus' memories)

As i am writing this comment i has not finish the show, maybe after i do it i will come back and add some feedback
Aug 13, 2020 4:15 PM

Apr 2020
Since the mercenary thought Kagari was Reyes and we see a dead body in the same suit, does that mean Kagari killed Judy Reyes?

I think we all knew Professor Leskinen was the bad guy from the get go so no surprises there.

Me after seeing Mayuri's final message to Okabe: AWWWW MAYUSHII *sobs*
Dec 24, 2020 7:40 AM
Apr 2016
Suzuha literally killed a group of soldiers and then when she attempted to kill a man that is arguably the most evil dingus in existence she would be "the same as him"? What the fuck is this bullshit.

Why is Mayuri going again? What does she think she can do?! All emotions this and that blah, blah, blah... Makes no sense to me and her "explanation" was horseshit, just wanting to be "useful" but that doesn't accommodate logic whatsoever - they're not playing around, so what's the point of sending someone that did nothing throughout the entire series and will unlikely do anything to change that?

Kagari possessing borderline superhuman powers also makes no sense, she could be strong but not fucking strong enough to kill trained soldiers en-masse just like that.

Jan 31, 2021 1:23 PM

Jun 2009
I loved the original steins gate, and gave it a perfect 10/10 score. But so far, steins gate 0 is so bad, Okabe being depressed for 18 episodes is starting to get on my nerves, he's been crying and whining the whole story so far. There is almost no character development except for Daru and Suzuha, and the action scene on the roof this episode was extremely bad. Alot of the actions characters make in this 2nd season make no sense at all.

I hope the next few episodes change my opinion but I doubt it. I've never been so disappointed in a 2nd season of an anime in the 10+ years I've been watching anime.

How the hell did this get a 8,5/10 on mal?
GrimstarJan 31, 2021 1:28 PM
Jan 31, 2021 8:57 PM
Feb 2019
Grimstar said:
How the hell did this get a 8,5/10 on mal?

I've been asking the same question over and over again, this garbage should deserve no more than a 6.5/10 and that's me being nice on this anime, I would rate this lower if I go with my personal feelings. This crap is nothing compared to Steins;Gate.
Jun 29, 2021 8:59 AM

Jan 2017
This episode is quite... weird.. to say the least

I truly enjoy the addition of Leskinen's motives and Kagari as a character is explained better in the anime than the VN

But apart from that, the whole rooftop scene lacks the "do or die" factor with how long it took Mayuri to get into the time machine itself
Jul 3, 2021 6:17 AM

Apr 2018
I knew that the professor would be the professor in Okabe's dreams..
Rip Kuragi, she's half dead or dead..
And hopefully Suzuha and Mayurii went safely back in time, not sure because you could see pieces of the time machine but HOPEFULLY.

It's time for Okabe to use the time leap machine

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 3, 2021 7:00 AM

May 2016
SideCharacterKal said:
And hopefully Suzuha and Mayurii went safely back in time, not sure because you could see pieces of the time machine but HOPEFULLY.

I'm going to ask again...

What dream are you talking about? No such thing was in Steins;Gate.
-
Jul 3, 2021 7:02 AM

Apr 2018
SciADV_Maniac said:
SideCharacterKal said:

I might have been wrong about the dream happening in SG. But if you watched the serie, you should know what dream I'm talking about lol.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Jul 3, 2021 7:20 AM

May 2016
SideCharacterKal said:
SciADV_Maniac said:

I might have been wrong about the dream happening in SG. But if you watched the serie, you should know what dream I'm talking about lol.

I watched it plenty of times and played the VNs (the source material) plenty of times too. No such thing happened. You are confusing something from another anime I think.

The closest thing is the dream for Episode 4 of Steins;Gate 0, but that dream has nothing to do with Leskinen.
-
Oct 16, 2022 11:37 AM

Feb 2020
What a perfect episode, simple as that
Oct 25, 2022 10:38 PM

Nov 2019
This episode would be sad if they didn't make the characters so stupid lmao. Mayuri went into the time machine to do what? be a liability? Daru's line telling Suzuha that she won't be better than the scientist if she kills him was dumb as hell. Bruh you're in a fucking war why is he saying that about the American mf and not the 20+ soldiers Suzuha and Kagari just bodied to protect their family??? This shit doesn't add up. Not only that Okabe could've easily stolen the gun after he knocked out Leskinen on the stairs or even made him a hostage (considering his injury I'm not too mad at it tho) Mayuri and Daru may be trash but my respect for Suzuha has gone up once again.
Feb 15, 2023 9:02 AM

Aug 2021
This episode makes me feel so... uncomfortable, I don't want to spend time writing numerous paragraphs ranting but the way they handle the drama is plain agonizing.

I don't mean to be harsh on Mayuri but taking responsibility as an excuse to ignore her safety is foolish, especially since it feels like she brushed aside all Okabe's efforts to protect her in the first place. And what's wrong with Suzuha? Pointing a gun to Okabe and now letting Mayuri, a person who only just knows about time traveling to goes back in time because she (Mayuri) wanted to? That's not even what Suzuha would do, felt so awkward and out of character.

The reveal of Leskinen is so lazy and forced for a central antagonist, they could make his appearance show up earlier with a lot of potential to add more depth and exploitation, instead, they let him appear near the end of the whole series only to die shortly after with zero impacts make his character dull and forgettable. His plan around time travel and brainwashing doesn't make me impressed even a little.

Kagari's death felt like a cheap melodrama written by an amateur author, serving no purpose to the story other than trying to make the viewer feel bad for a couple of seconds. Don’t get me wrong, I admire the chemistry of mother/daughter between Kagari and Mayuri, especially in their reunion in the 12th episode, but the poor thematic execution make it flatten and drastically went downhill right afterward.
The cliffhanger at the end is so underwhelming, Steins;Gate is not the series that has to rely on incidental external factors that much.

At this point, I’m not sure if I’m being nonsense or the show is, effort tried to replicate the original S;G just cause it to become a whole mess. Hoping the conclusion will at least bring somethings that make more sense.
Feb 24, 2023 10:32 AM
Jan 2023
thats the good stuff.

A *bit* much violence tho
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

104 by Twerms »»
Apr 21, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2018

572 by MrNobodyFN123 »»
Apr 18, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Mxxxstation - Aug 22, 2018

163 by Alrinth »»
Apr 10, 2:36 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 8, 2018

197 by Alrinth »»
Apr 9, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Steins;Gate 0 Episode 11 Discussion

Mxxxstation - Aug 8, 2018

38 by Alrinth »»
Apr 7, 4:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.