Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 10, 2018 1:19 PM
Oct 2016
how could somebody possibly enjoy rewatching the whole anime and still enjoy it? xD I srsly just don't understand hahahaha.
I do rewatch good moments or episodes from a certain anime but rewatching the whole thing? damn that's one boring hell of a thing to do.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Aug 10, 2018 1:21 PM

Dec 2008
If it's a really good show I rewatch it simply for the enjoyment that I derive.
Life Is Short But Intense.
Aug 10, 2018 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
The same way you can re-watch LOTR trilogy 10 times.

But i understand OP, hot bois touching each other and "united states of smash" are enough to just watch on youtube, not worth to watch the whole shit.
Aug 10, 2018 1:23 PM

May 2016
I don't know OP.
Maybe they are masochistic. You never know.
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Aug 10, 2018 1:25 PM

May 2015
If you rewatch something and still enjoy it then the show truly deserves to be in your favourite list.
Aug 10, 2018 1:26 PM

Nov 2015
Usually, rewatching isn't boring if the anime isn't boring.
Also, for a lot of people(myself included), after a year or two you can forgot a pretty big chunk of an anime you've already seen and by rewatching it you can get a similar sense of enjoyment as when you first watched it.
Aug 10, 2018 1:31 PM
Oct 2016
like I said guys watching a good moment or an episode from a certain anime makes sense but starting from the scratch and re-watching it to the end just doesn't seem to add up. You already know what's gonna happen and stuff.
Aug 10, 2018 1:32 PM
Oct 2016
Swagernator said:
The same way you can re-watch LOTR trilogy 10 times.

But i understand OP, hot bois touching each other and "united states of smash" are enough to just watch on youtube, not worth to watch the whole shit.

WTF I LITERALLY WATCH THAT MOMENT A LOT OF TIMES ON YOUTUBE hahahahahahahahahaha
the united states of smash moment
Aug 10, 2018 1:42 PM
Aug 2016
Some people just like to re-watch some good stuff they've seen. Is that such a bad thing that it upsets you so much?
Aug 10, 2018 1:56 PM
Oct 2016
Nas said:
I don't know OP.
Maybe they are masochistic. You never know.

maybe they are nobody really knows hahahah
Aug 10, 2018 1:56 PM

Jan 2018
When you stay at your uncle's house and old man don't like internet, you're going to watch it all over again especially if you completed it months ago.
Aug 10, 2018 2:39 PM

Nov 2016
You know OP, you might find it boring but others don't.

Aug 10, 2018 2:43 PM

Jul 2017
if you think about it you answered your own question
Aug 10, 2018 2:48 PM
Jul 2018
Watching it alone may seem boring. I re-watch anime with my sibling, so it really isn't that boring
Aug 10, 2018 2:49 PM

Jan 2016
I would only rewatch a show if I didn't pay much attention the first time I watched it, since I'm a daydreamer

Aug 10, 2018 2:50 PM

Feb 2016
Excaliburrrrr said:
damn that's one boring hell of a thing to do.

That's because your favorite anime is boring as dogshit.
Aug 10, 2018 2:54 PM
Jun 2015
If you actually truly enjoyed an anime and were honestly captivated by it and were moved by the experience, then you would love to rewatch it after a while. It's all about nostalgia and reliving memories. Sometimes, if you have a shit memory or it has been a long time, you can rewatch something and practically renew your first experience as you most likely only remember the major things that happen, nothing else; kind of like reading a synopsis.

I'm guessing you are either 12, trolling, or have absolutely no passion for anime in which case I must ask, why are you watching them?

I've rewatched Naruto 3 time (not shippuden)
Oregairu 4 times
Death Note 3 times
Steins;Gate 2 times

Guess what? They are all my favorites.
Aug 11, 2018 4:17 AM
Oct 2016
alaciko_ said:
if you think about it you answered your own question

if you think about it, you don't seem to use much of your brain.
Aug 11, 2018 4:17 AM
Oct 2016
Eight-Man said:
If you actually truly enjoyed an anime and were honestly captivated by it and were moved by the experience, then you would love to rewatch it after a while. It's all about nostalgia and reliving memories. Sometimes, if you have a shit memory or it has been a long time, you can rewatch something and practically renew your first experience as you most likely only remember the major things that happen, nothing else; kind of like reading a synopsis.

I'm guessing you are either 12, trolling, or have absolutely no passion for anime in which case I must ask, why are you watching them?

Oregairu 4 times
Death Note 3 times
Steins;Gate 2 times

you're the 12 here for re-watching the same plot over and over again and still gets excited by it xD
Aug 11, 2018 6:09 AM

Aug 2014
"How could someone possibly enjoy doing [insert literally anything here] more than once and still enjoy it?", you ask? Because when people enjoy things, they tend to do them repeatedly.

If you don't enjoy it the second time, perhaps you didn't truly enjoy it the first time.

If merely knowing the plot is enough to satisfy you, then I'd suggest focusing more on reading books.

If, however, you want to learn the benefits of rewatching, just try it out for yourself with one or two of your favorite anime rather than putting down those who have actual experience doing this thing you're criticizing out of ignorance.

Anime (and many other things in life) is about the experience it gives you, and this can be thrilling even when you already know what will happen. (Though it's generally a good idea to give it some time before rewatching.)

My stats say 406 completed anime and 304 rewatches.

In retrospect, I could have watched more anime I hadn't seen before with all that time...but the thing is, if I could only pick one, I'd rather rewatch something I know I love rather than something I may end up not enjoying so much. (For the record, my current emphasis is on watching new things.)

Rewatching enables you to gain a greater understanding of all the subtleties that went into making an anime. I particularly like to study how the soundtracks were integrated into the scenes, which is something that often goes unnoticed. There isn't a single time I've rewatched something that I haven't learned something new.

I usually watch sub, then dub for anime I like anyway, so at least then it's not rewatching the exact same thing.
Aug 11, 2018 6:10 AM
Jul 2018
i have rewatched many anime multiple times,it's like re-living the time i watched it for the first time and i feel nostalgic
Aug 11, 2018 6:25 AM

Jun 2014
Aug 11, 2018 8:24 AM
Jun 2015
Excaliburrrrr said:
Eight-Man said:

Oregairu 4 times
Death Note 3 times
Steins;Gate 2 times

you're the 12 here for re-watching the same plot over and over again and still gets excited by it xD

XD Nice English bro. Sorry you're watching things that you don't even enjoy; it's a waste of time. Maybe go back to school?
Aug 11, 2018 8:28 AM

Feb 2018
i always watch one punch man rewatch it a million times

in this thread

op is a faggot
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 11, 2018 8:34 AM

Oct 2015
To find out and understand more of it if you haven't, missed out context and enjoying the same thing you've experienced first time, some anime are even better rewatched, tastes like wine.

𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔱𝔬𝔲𝔠𝔥 𝔶𝔬𝔲,
𝔚𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔦𝔫' 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔴𝔦𝔱𝔥 𝔞𝔩𝔩 𝔪𝔶 𝔪𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱

Aug 11, 2018 8:35 AM

Aug 2012
I don't find it boring at all. Don't re-watch series you find mediocre or just outright bad, but series you thoroughly enjoyed. Re-watching is something I frequently do nowadays as I don't watch new series much. It can be years in between each re-watch session, so my memories always lack the specifics. If you can't re-watch your favorites means you probably didn't like them that much.
Aug 11, 2018 8:38 AM

Oct 2017
i need to re-watch like half of the series on my completed list because i watched them years ago and don't remember a lot of things about them
Aug 11, 2018 8:43 AM

Feb 2010
Well, maybe it would be less boring if you didn't rewatch all the best scenes all the time and could just come back to the show after a bunch of years and experience it all over again after having forgotten most of the details that made the anime so enjoyable in the first place? Rewatching specific scenes kinda ruins potential rewatches, that much is certain.

But people like OP seem too caught up in their own, narrow perspective of how to perceive the world and how to enjoy things to really be open for other perspectives, seeing as he just ridicules people trying to explain to him how enjoyment can work for stuff like that.

For starters, not everyone is solely into anime for the plot. That's usually the part of most anime that I care about the least, that contributes the least to my overall enjoyment of it. So knowing the overall plot already often makes little to no difference for me. Can you imagine? You probably can't because you're too caught up in your own perspective and just want people to mirror it back at you rather than actually explain to you why people enjoy rewatching and why that makes total sense.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 11, 2018 8:44 AM

Mar 2016
There have been a lot of shows I enjoyed even more on my second watch-through. Hunter x Hunter, higurashi, Naruto, Houseki no Kuni, code geass and a few more for example. You pick up on things you missed the first time and start to appreciate the big moments in the story more.

Also whats wrong with spending a little bit more time with the characters you got to love through out the anime.
Katsuo_Aug 12, 2018 12:03 PM

Aug 11, 2018 8:49 AM

Oct 2013
Maybe they want to see if they still like/hate something as much as they did the first time.

For me,I'll re-watch something if I a series I liked gets a sequel. Mostly because chances are I'll need a refresher if it's been a while since the last season.
Aug 11, 2018 8:50 AM

May 2016
Gurren lagann is literally my favorite thing ever why wouldn't I rewatch it?
Aug 11, 2018 8:52 AM

Jan 2018
Well, when there is nothing new worth watching then it's always really fun to re-watch your favorite anime.
Aug 11, 2018 8:57 AM

Feb 2018
If you one day love a series enough then you might understand. If I love an anime/manga then I rewatch/reread it on a regular basis because then it doesn't matter if I already know everything that's gonna happen cuz just seeing my favorite characters on screen is more than enough to keep me entertained.
Aug 11, 2018 9:00 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Well, the key is to not force yourself then I guess.
Just rewatch if you really feel like it, and you probably won’t regret it.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Aug 11, 2018 9:01 AM

Mar 2018
I've re-watched "YoI" quite a few times, the same goes for "Cowboy Bebop" and also "SnK". No problem. It is the same as with any other show. You don't want to know how many times I have watched "Firefly".
Aug 11, 2018 9:06 AM

Oct 2014
It's all just personal experience. I used to rewatch a lot because I only knew about so many shows, but now with all of the anime I want to watch I simply can't dedicate any time to rewatching.

There are two types of enjoyment that come from any anime: the base enjoyment of what the series has to offer and the enjoyment of learning what's happening in the series and what it teaches you about the real world. Anime like mystery anime and informational anime like Shirobako and Bartender wouldn't be that fun to rewatch, but when it's just the fights or the comedy that you're watching for it can be just as enjoyable the second time.
Aug 11, 2018 9:13 AM
Voltekka!

Sep 2017
I rarely do rewatches because there's other anime I want to watch
Aug 11, 2018 9:37 AM

Sep 2017
i rewatch anime when i get bored of anime.
the only anime i even completed this summer are my rewatches of fma brotherhood and lovelive lmao
Edward Elric > your waifu

Aug 11, 2018 10:27 AM

Jun 2017
I can say when I rewatched 2 seasons of Clannad, definitely enjoyed more than the first time I watched them especially the first one
Aug 11, 2018 10:31 AM

Apr 2018
There are also those anime where the plot can get quite confusing or be hard to piece out on a first watch like Kimi no na wa or Madoka. A few rewatches can help clear up some of the initial confusion.
Aug 11, 2018 1:57 PM

May 2017
I think it depends on what the situation is. When it comes to me, I usually only re-watch anime if it's with a friend who hasn't seen it, because it's always fun to see their reactions and such. Though I do sometimes rewatch movies a lot by myself.
Aug 11, 2018 2:05 PM

Jul 2014
Pullman said:
Well, maybe it would be less boring if you didn't rewatch all the best scenes all the time and could just come back to the show after a bunch of years and experience it all over again after having forgotten most of the details that made the anime so enjoyable in the first place? Rewatching specific scenes kinda ruins potential rewatches, that much is certain.

But people like OP seem too caught up in their own, narrow perspective of how to perceive the world and how to enjoy things to really be open for other perspectives, seeing as he just ridicules people trying to explain to him how enjoyment can work for stuff like that.

For starters, not everyone is solely into anime for the plot. That's usually the part of most anime that I care about the least, that contributes the least to my overall enjoyment of it. So knowing the overall plot already often makes little to no difference for me. Can you imagine? You probably can't because you're too caught up in your own perspective and just want people to mirror it back at you rather than actually explain to you why people enjoy rewatching and why that makes total sense.

Based Pullman coming through again. If you were to only read one response from this thread, let it be this. I could never describe the concept of rewatching anime better than this myself.
"Most anime makers are basically autistic" - Hideaki Anno
Aug 11, 2018 2:10 PM

Jul 2016
Rewatching a show can reaffirm why you liked/hated it. For 4 years I wondered why I liked Tonari no Kaibatsu then I rewatched after getting off my lazy ass and went "Oh, yeah. That's why."
Aug 11, 2018 2:23 PM

Jul 2016
I’ve rewatched most of the shows on my favourites list because I consider them dense. They have so in them that I couldn’t take the whole thing in one siting. As i get older I’m able to understand stories In new ways the experience changes. I’m probably going to re watch most of them at least once again.
Aug 11, 2018 2:50 PM

Jul 2017
This is like saying "why eat the same food twice, how could you possibly enjoy it the second time"
Aug 11, 2018 2:55 PM

Jan 2014
Why the fuck do people ask this stupidass question so many times when the answer couldn't be more fucking obvious?
The beauty of humans is that they say one thing then do another, but at the same time that can also be their ugliest side.
Aug 11, 2018 2:56 PM

Apr 2018
I don't like to rewatch shows because you've already seen them and enjoyed them so it would just be a waste of time to see them again when there are other things to see out there. However, sometimes I watch random episodes of a series again, especially if it is comedic (like Gintama or OHSHC).
Aug 11, 2018 3:20 PM

May 2009
I almost rewatched all of the first season of Tales of Zestiria the X last night, just to refresh my memory of its events, in preparation for watching the second season.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Aug 11, 2018 5:31 PM

Aug 2009
I see re-watching an anime no different than listening to a song you like or re-watching a movie you like. I re-watched lots of anime.
Aug 11, 2018 5:43 PM

Jul 2015
I don't know if this is a fair comparison, but think of it like music.. do you listen to your favorite song only once? Probably not. The only way it really differs from anime is the time of duration of course, but still.

caught in the wonder
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Your biggest why …?

Yonahim_Zz - 4 hours ago

20 by Tropisch »»
29 seconds ago

» Don't you find the obsession with fictional characters in the anime community alarming? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - May 10

97 by Archean-Return »»
47 seconds ago

» Are you involved in any fandom activity?

RobertBobert - May 10

42 by Cammell »»
15 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

79 by Asphiee »»
31 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - 7 hours ago

14 by Lemurians »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.